Thread: Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!

Default Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!

Check out our blog for details!!

a wild release date has appeared

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    a wild release date has appeared
    Haha-- we had to hunt it down, took a while, but we got it!

Finally...
    4 weeks to wait...
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

OH JOY! OH HAPPY JOY!!!! Finally! Excuse my excitement!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Nice to see an official date and the PopCap Table launching on the same day is awesome, makes up for the delay imo.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Cool Zen Pinball 2 Release Date

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to ZP2 and the PopCap table! Another event to add to my calender!

Kind of sad that Pinball FX 3 is not being released at the same time as Zen Pinball 2. On the other hand, FX 2 is on all accounts much better than Zen pinball so it would be worth the wait if FX 3 is able to iron out all the inevitable issues and make the required tweaks from Zen pinball 2 before releasing FX 3. Very interested to hear if (and how) the physics engine has been updated.

No matter what the Popcap table is; peggle, zuma, PvsZ etc., I just really hope that it is a bit tougher than Zen's collaboration on Ms. Splosion Man... still a good table, just too easy to get to Wizard mode and long games is way too easy.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Finally! Although, I'm surprised that the game has such a lead time. I didn't know that Sony hands out release dates a month in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    ..so it would be worth the wait if FX 3 is able to iron out all the inevitable issues and make the required tweaks from Zen pinball 2 before releasing FX 3. Very interested to hear if (and how) the physics engine has been updated.
    Sour Grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Sour Grapes.
    I guess it can be seen that way, but that is not what I had in mind. I see zen/fx as constantly developing based on Zen's improvement in skill and in response to feedback from the community. As such I expect that Zen pinball 2 is going to have many improvements and adjustments taken from the FX 2/Marvel Pinball base and then when FX 3 comes out, it again will be built on Zen pinball 2.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Banned

It's exciting when Barbie already knows, shes just itching to spoil it already! LOL

Zen pinball 2 and new table?!?!?!? sweet!!! I'd say Plant vs Zombie but who knows. My guess is as good as anyone else's. Wished it was end of this month but I might be preoccupied with Guild wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Finally! Although, I'm surprised that the game has such a lead time. I didn't know that Sony hands out release dates a month in advance.
    Most likely because of the new 'mystery' table that will be released. Maybe they figured it would be best to release ZP2 along side a pretty well known name like PopCap. Well that's my theory anyway.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 08-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Meh, I would've preferred to have ZP2 released before this new table, but still. At least we have a release date.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Welp, at least I can stop lurking so much.

I guess it can be seen that way, but that is not what I had in mind. I see zen/fx as constantly developing based on Zen's improvement in skill and in response to feedback from the community. As such I expect that Zen pinball 2 is going to have many improvements and adjustments taken from the FX 2/Marvel Pinball base and then when FX 3 comes out, it again will be built on Zen pinball 2.
    I thought the physics of FX2 was pretty good already, I don't know if Zen needs to invest more resources to make a 3rd release. Especially considering that FX2 is available for Windows 8 already. And then Even ZP is better than the competition. Zen will be pretty busy delivering more and more tables.

Anyway, "only" 4 more weeks to go? Oh well, at least now we have a date!! I wrote in the other thread that at the end it was going to be in September!!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    I thought the physics of FX2 was pretty good already, I don't know if Zen needs to invest more resources to make a 3rd release. Especially considering that FX2 is available for Windows 8 already. And then Even ZP is better than the competition. Zen will be pretty busy delivering more and more tables.

Anyway, "only" 4 more weeks to go? Oh well, at least now we have a date!! I wrote in the other thread that at the end it was going to be in September!!
    Well when the next gen Consoles come out then Zen will have a whole new set of Toys to play with, one must always strive for improvement!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Kind of sad that Pinball FX 3 is not being released at the same time as Zen Pinball 2. On the other hand, FX 2 is on all accounts much better than Zen pinball so it would be worth the wait if FX 3 is able to iron out all the inevitable issues and make the required tweaks from Zen pinball 2 before releasing FX 3. Very interested to hear if (and how) the physics engine has been updated.

No matter what the Popcap table is; peggle, zuma, PvsZ etc., I just really hope that it is a bit tougher than Zen's collaboration on Ms. Splosion Man... still a good table, just too easy to get to Wizard mode and long games is way too easy.

Not to sound like a tool here, but ZP was barely got any love outside of the tables like Excalibur and Epic Quest (which also PBFX 2 got), and to top it off PBFX 2 just came out not even 2 years ago. ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.

Also I don't care if the PopCap table is hard or not. As long as we get it...that's all I care about. You also have to remember that everyone here aren't pinball wizards, so if something is too difficult, they get turned off quickly. Ms. Splosion Man wasn't too difficult at all, yet its still fun to play.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Not to sound like a tool here, but ZP was barely got any love outside of the tables like Excalibur and Epic Quest (which also PBFX 2 got), and to top it off PBFX 2 just came out not even 2 years ago. ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.

Also I don't care if the PopCap table is hard or not. As long as we get it...that's all I care about. You also have to remember that everyone here aren't pinball wizards, so if something is too difficult, they get turned off quickly. Ms. Splosion Man wasn't too difficult at all, yet its still fun to play.
    Yes Rafie You didn't read a little further to my next reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post

I agree, it is pretty damn good but there is always room for some tweaking. There is still some real life moves that you can't do in FX 2.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Although I wish we were getting ZP2 sooner, I'm glad we are getting it sooner. As for the Pinball Table, I hope it's either PvZ or Zuma. I'd settle for Bejeweled but hope its not Peggle.

You know, I'm not sure I've ever played a PopCap game. I'm glad there will be a new table available but I'm not as amped up for this as some of you appear to be. I'm more interested in playing some of the Zen tables that I've missed out on. Great to finally have a release date to look forward to. Thanks Barbie!
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I'm glad there will be a new table available but I'm not as amped up for this as some of you appear to be.
    Agree 100%. I doubt I'll even buy the new table when its first released, which will be a first for me. Unlike most people here, I haven't been too excited about the newer tables. I'm more into the "classic" style Zen tables. I'm looking forward to playing the original Zen tables without the ball physics issue.

ZP came out in '09. It was time for ZP to get some love man! It was a long time coming.
    It came out in late 2008 actually.

finally , sept 4 , really hope its plants vs zombies , they said based on a mega hit on the psblog , so it can only be plants vs zombies or bejewlled , i don't think zuma or peggle were mega hits
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    finally , sept 4 , really hope its plants vs zombies , they said based on a mega hit on the psblog , so it can only be plants vs zombies or bejewlled , i don't think zuma or peggle were mega hits
    This is what I figured as well, reading it earlier, they have enough emphasis that it's a MEGA hit, so it can only be something like PvZ. I hope it would be Bejeweled, but it's not as big as PvZ.

didn't see F4 in there either , still problems with that table , i hope that wasn't the problem with the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    didn't see F4 in there either , still problems with that table , i hope that wasn't the problem with the delays.
    In the PS Blog, it was noted in the comments that F4 "may" make it in time for the 9/4 release. However, they won't know for sure until we get closer to the release date.

kk , i can do without F4 . my plan was to beat my previous scores but when ZP2 was announced that went out the door . so very happy it s finally comming.

Yes Rafie You didn't read a little further to my next reply.
    Sorry Cloda! I should have read a bit further. Silly me!

It came out in late 2008 actually.
    Wow, that justifies my post even more. Well it doesn't matter! WE'RE GETTING ZP2! WOOHOO!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Default Widescreen (vertical mode)

Not sure where to make this request to the developers/engineers so I'm dumping it here. Can you please for the ps3, have a screen horizontal and vertical option. ...and yes i would mount my 52" plasma vertically just to play pinball!!!!!!! Is this at all possible? because that would be insanely awesome!

Zerotech

Quote Originally Posted by zerotech View Post
    Not sure where to make this request to the developers/engineers so I'm dumping it here. Can you please for the ps3, have a screen horizontal and vertical option. ...and yes i would mount my 52" plasma vertically just to play pinball!!!!!!! Is this at all possible? because that would be insanely awesome!

Zerotech
    Yeah, that would be super cool, especially with some sort of mount that can flip like that.

I have several PopCap games on my PS3 so I'm cool with any of the guesses, and if more are coming down the line, though I'm thinking it's Plants vs. Zombies front and center.

Of course, I'm also excited about playing my old favs with the improvements, as well as seeing ALL the tables under one roof, so to speak.

But what I'm anticipating most, oddly enough, is being able to play my music with the Marvel tables as I do with the regular Zen. That's one feature that really helps my... zen.

Reiterating my excitement. I'm curious if you guys can show us table comparisons? I mean we haven't seen anything other than the trailer and that really didn't show off all the changes that will happen in ZP2.

Perhaps a side by side comparison? If not show us one of the tables in action.

Yeah, finally a release date! I can't wait to play Eldorado with new physics!
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

We finally have an official date, great news!

Regarding the PopCap table I suspect it will be Plants vs Zombies.
    Even though I don't like PvZ at all (but I love Peggle & Bejeweled), any new tables are more than welcomed.
    PSN: DreamyElf

I'm not so much into the new physics engine as I am the cross platform with the Vita ^^ I been waiting soo long to be able to play pinball on my vita (tried the demo of P.A. and didn't really like it) I'll prolly wait a week or so to get that pop cap table (unless there's a way to win/get it free hint hint barbie)
    PSN ID: draig3791

extra table O.o i was hoping for a surprise table
    Plants vs Zombies oh yes please or Zuma!
    im gonna go freeze myself until the 4th i cant wait :P

@Zerotech
    i vary much agree with you spinning my monitor vertically would be sooo awesome

i would also love and option to use "both" thumb sticks as nudging controls too

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    But what I'm anticipating most, oddly enough, is being able to play my music with the Marvel tables as I do with the regular Zen. That's one feature that really helps my... zen.
    You know you can do that in MP right?

As much as I enjoy Pop Cap's games and am looking forward to their table, I was hoping Zen would release some Playstation themed tables around the release of Zen Pinball 2 (or coordinate something with the release of Playstation Allstars Battle Royale). Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, LBP, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Killzone, Hot Shots Golf, Infamous, Modnation Racers, Fat Princess, etc. Not to leave Pinball FX 2 out of things, they could release Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Trials HD, Super Meat Boy, etc. (I'm sure these themes have been suggested in some form or another elsewhere). Either way, I'm really excited for the the 9/4 release of ZP 2.

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    I'm not so much into the new physics engine as I am the cross platform with the Vita ^^ I been waiting soo long to be able to play pinball on my vita (tried the demo of P.A. and didn't really like it) I'll prolly wait a week or so to get that pop cap table (unless there's a way to win/get it free hint hint barbie)
    I like P.A. for the nostalgia, I think they've done a great job of recreating some of the famous tables out there. Though I'll likely play Zen Pinball 2 more.

Is there any word on leaderboards for the Vita version? I'd love to be able to sort between friends and overal, if there are leaderboards of course. Leaderboards are a must for pinbal games!

Quote Originally Posted by beast780 View Post
    Is there any word on leaderboards for the Vita version? I'd love to be able to sort between friends and overall, if there are leaderboards of course. Leaderboards are a must for pinball games!
    Yes! Everything on the PS3 version will be on the Vita version. The only differences are that the PS3 version will have 3D support and the Vita version will have portrait (screen flip) support.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    You know you can do that in MP right?
    I've never seen how. At least, it's not pointed out the same way as the original (pressing square on the main menu doesn't work) and I've looked around. If there's a way, I'd love to see it, though it's about too late now with Z2 on the way.

When Z2 was first announced on the PS blog, I asked about it and was assured the My Music function was solid for all Z2 tables, so I'm happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Zen Pinball 2 Gets a Release Date—And a Mystery Table!
    So glad to get the date, can't WAIT! Looking forward to seeing the new graphics/physics and also having all the ZP and Marvel tables in one place. Lushness.

Bonus about the new table, I'm only really familiar with Peggle but I've heard good things about Plants Vs Zombies. Ah, who cares; I know I'll get it and get loads of fun out of it.

Only 26 more sleeps...

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    I've never seen how. At least, it's not pointed out the same way as the original (pressing square on the main menu doesn't work) and I've looked around. If there's a way, I'd love to see it, though it's about too late now with Z2 on the way.

When Z2 was first announced on the PS blog, I asked about it and was assured the My Music function was solid for all Z2 tables, so I'm happy about that.
    Just hit the ps button and pick your song

yes press the ps button and also make use of the playlist feature

i use some Bastion soundtrack music goes well with
    the zen tables but "Two Steps from Hell" is great for MP
    Last edited by RabidShark; 08-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Ah, sneaky! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thefly0810 View Post
    I was hoping Zen would release some Playstation themed tables around the release of Zen Pinball 2. Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, LBP, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Killzone, Hot Shots Golf, Infamous, Modnation Racers, Fat Princess, etc. Not to leave Pinball FX 2 out of things, they could release Halo, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Trials HD, Super Meat Boy, etc. (I'm sure these themes have been suggested in some form or another elsewhere). Either way, I'm really excited for the the 9/4 release of ZP 2.
    This is an idea I hope comes to fruition. I'll patiently wait for PSN exclusive table any day. There are so many exclusives to choose from. Uncharted would seem more like El Dorado or something. LOL Still I'll invite it.

The 360 already has Ms. Splosion Man for an exclusive table on PBFX 2. Not saying the 360 shouldn't get another exclusive table, but I think the PSN folks should be up next for one to keep it fair.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

This is an idea I hope comes to fruition. I'll patiently wait for PSN exclusive table any day. There are so many exclusives to choose from. Uncharted would seem more like El Dorado or something. LOL Still I'll invite it.

The 360 already has Ms. Splosion Man for an exclusive table on PBFX 2. Not saying the 360 shouldn't get another exclusive table, but I think the PSN folks should be up next for one to keep it fair.
    Yeah. I thought the same about El Dorado too. . It would be cool to see a pack of video game theme tables released similar to the marvel packs. They could have system exclusive tables as suggested above, as well as packs based on games released on both systems. Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Mass Effect, Sonic, Battlefield or COD, Final Fantasy to name a few.

This is an idea I hope comes to fruition. I'll patiently wait for PSN exclusive table any day. There are so many exclusives to choose from.
    I would love to see a Ratchet & Clank table. Can you picture the ball being equipped with all of those gadgets?

I would love to see Mr. Zurkon hovering around and protecting your ball.

I would love to see a Ratchet & Clank table. Can you picture the ball being equipped with all of those gadgets?

I would love to see Mr. Zurkon hovering around and protecting your ball.

Mr. Zurkon protecting the ball would be great. Also to have a lower mini table dedicated to Captain Quark would be fun too.

Do youu think if it is a plants vs zombies table coming, do you think we'll have zombies pop out of the table like the trolls on the Medevil Madness table in P.A. or the ninjas on on Wolverine? Instead of just of 3, see a whole huge wave pop up to bash with the silver ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Thefly0810 View Post
    Do youu think if it is a plants vs zombies table coming, do you think we'll have zombies pop out of the table like the trolls on the Medevil Madness table in P.A. or the ninjas on on Wolverine? Instead of just of 3, see a whole huge wave pop up to bash with the silver ball?
    It would be cool if they were actually walking on the playfield towards you, which I don't see why Zen wouldn't do something like that

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    It would be cool if they were actually walking on the playfield towards you, which I don't see why Zen wouldn't do something like that
    That would be cool.

Default Tv sideways = win

Quote Originally Posted by zerotech View Post

Zerotech
    Whoa, I'd buy a TV just for pinball and make a table out of it. It cost less to have that setup (which would give me dozens of tables) than buying one single real table. Plus, no maintenance

And if it was 3d sideways, we could have the full experience, imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    extra table O.o i was hoping for a surprise table
    Plants vs Zombies oh yes please or Zuma!
    im gonna go freeze myself until the 4th i cant wait :P

@Zerotech
    i vary much agree with you spinning my monitor vertically would be sooo awesome

i would also love and option to use "both" thumb sticks as nudging controls too
    Me too, I frequently use the thumbstick from the side that the ball is falling in the gutter to do a save, even though I set it just for the left one. Motion is cool, but I prefer the accuracy of the thumbstick.

Weren't we going to get some type of info on the new table soon. PAX isn't till August 31st. They wouldn't announce the table 5 day before release. Or would They?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Weren't we going to get some type of info on the new table soon. PAX isn't till August 31st. They wouldn't announce the table 5 day before release. Or would They?
    Either way, it's coming fast. (It's hard to believe it's the end of summer). I think it would be awesome if Zen could team up with Media Molecule and develop a Little Big Planet table and create some sort of level/table editor to go along with it. At least to be able to change the skins of the ball, as well as change the table's themes and colors with a pop up style editor as in the LPB game. Or Zen could make it where the Pop up editor comes up on its own and rearranges the table mid play on occasion.

They wouldn't announce the table 5 day before release. Or would They?
    They would! They did it once before in the past with Zen Pinball. They announced the table release (I believe it was Excalibur) on Thursday and it came out the following Tuesday.

We totally would! But we kind of already announced it (at least let you all know that a PopCap table is coming Sept 4 with ZP2) but we'll announce the theme and have it at PAX for people to play next weekend

They would! They did it once before in the past with Zen Pinball. They announced the table release (I believe it was Excalibur) on Thursday and it came out the following Tuesday.
    Ah didn't know that or think they would. I think I think I started playing well after Excalibur.

The days have been going by very quickly for me. Its like ZP2 is right around the corner, eh?
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Wink

Yeah, its been two weeks since Barbie gave us the good news. So another two to go. Im off that night its on psn so I'll be eyeballin the drop. Im guessing they release just after midnight, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Yeah, its been two weeks since Barbie gave us the good news. So another two to go. Im off that night its on psn so I'll be eyeballin the drop. Im guessing they release just after midnight, not sure.
    They usually release sometime in the afternoon, not at any specific time, which makes for an interesting day of STARING at the PSN store...

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    They usually release sometime in the afternoon, not at any specific time, which makes for an interesting day of STARING at the PSN store...
    I just stare at the PS Blog all day.

I just watch twitter for the drop
    PSN ID: draig3791

Well I know for sure I'm staying away from the forums next weekend. I don't want to be spoiled from the PopCap table when it'll be revealed next weekend while the actual release date of the table will be just a few days away. If the announcement was now or this weekend, then I would partake in the huge announcement. Just not the weekend before it releases is what I won't be spoiled with.

The surprise will be epic when I play I see it on the PSN update for the store that Tuesday.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82