Thread: Zen Studios + PopCap = PLANTS vs ZOMBIES PINBALL!!!

Default Zen Studios + PopCap = PLANTS vs ZOMBIES PINBALL!!!

Check out our blog for the fundead details and a video!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Check out our blog for the fundead details and a video!
    Looks like another table where we can't see who designed it, kind of like Ms Splosion Man. Any details on who did the designing? Also, looks like a really fun table! Collecting money and stuff sounds like it will be a good table.

Sold

Shame us Euro peeps have to wait the extra day. You should all know that if you're better than me it will be because you had the extra day.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Looks like another table where we can't see who designed it, kind of like Ms Splosion Man. Any details on who did the designing? Also, looks like a really fun table! Collecting money and stuff sounds like it will be a good table.
    I'll likely be posting a blog in the coming weeks that has a little more insight on the designer and producer of this table... stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I'll likely be posting a blog in the coming weeks that has a little more insight on the designer and producer of this table... stay tuned!
    Very cool, thanks Barbie

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

The Table loos brilliant, can't wait till it drops next week.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Oh wow, this looks amazing, seems like it could take the spot of my favourite table!

I'm throwing my wallet at you Zen.. good stuff and i'll defenitly buy it. Thanks!

Very nice! The design looks similar to Epic Quest.

I already have my PSN wallet loaded with $5 to get the table.
    Last edited by shogun00; 08-31-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

I already have my PSN wallet load with $5 to get the table.
    I'm probably dropping $26 on all the ones I don't have, which is every Zen table lol then $3 for PvZ.

I'm probably dropping $26 on all the ones I don't have, which is every Zen table lol then $3 for PvZ.
    If you don't have any of the Zen 1 tables, then you will spending $30 (12 x $2.50) and another $3 for PvZ.

I already have my PSN wallet loaded with $5 to get the table.

I was going to say the same thing. The design looks like epic quest as far as the scheme but that's ok.

I figured it was between PvZ and Peggle. Glad it's PvZ. Table looks fun.

If you don't have any of the Zen 1 tables, then you will spending $30 (12 x $2.50) and another $3 for PvZ.
    Same ballpark

Really does look great, with Picross-e on my 3DS and this on my Vita, I'm going to be in handheld heaven next week.

I'm glad it was plants vs zombies. It is probably my favorite popcap game on the ipad with Bejeweled a close second. The art style and color does look a lot like epic quest. Though it looks like they have a pretty literal interpretation of PvZ with actual zombies on the playfield. Not sure how I feel about that. Though it is hard to get a definite sense of gameplay and table layout with only around 15 seconds of actual game footage. I'm glad we can demo tables. I hope Crazy Dave makes an appearance.
    Last edited by surf1der; 08-31-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I'm glad it was plants vs zombies. It is probably my favorite popcap game on the ipad with Bejeweled a close second. The art style and color does look a lot like epic quest. Though it looks like they have a pretty literal interpretation of PvZ with actual zombies on the playfield. Not sure how I feel about that. Though it is hard to get a definite sense of gameplay and table layout with only around 15 seconds of actual game footage. I'm glad we can demo tables. I hope Crazy Dave makes an appearance.
    I did press pause throughout the game play vid to get a sense of what we might expect. It's interesting how they approached this table. Sun will come out in front of ramps for you to collect, much like the actual game. So shooting at those will give you SUN that is required to purchase the type of plants you can use. Interesting. I'm not sure how you pick the plants but the concept looks interesting. Especially when the ball turn colors based on the plant you choose.

Perhaps there will be more vids from PAX or if anyone that is a fan went to PAX and actually played the table as they said that the table will be available to play at PAX.

You too huh, lol! That's funny. I really wish they had a bundled discount price though.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Another 'Trailer' I saw on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Another 'Trailer' I saw on youtube

Nice find, dude!

any idea when this will come to the 3DS?

Looks awesome, can't wait till Wednesday now.

Welp, it's about time.

I stand ready to perform the Full Double Dip (tm). I've been using PBFX 2 until now, but tuesday I shall be buying all three marvel packs, every individual marvel table, Plants vs Zombies, and every original Zen table, all on the PSN side. I want this stuff on Vita for portability.

Awesome! I was hoping for this, and I may just play some PvZ on the PS3 for a bit just to celebrate now

Thanks, Zen! Looking forward to it!

Good stuff, Zen! It looks fantastic. I didn't want to spoil myself, but I couldn't help not enjoying the festivities with my pinball fam.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

This is gonna be fun, sad that its still a few days away lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

looks very nice and only 3 days till it arrives
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

I'm well prepared for ZP2 and PVZ. This is awesome! Very excited now.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Man, I can't wait 'till Tuesday! And, when ever I get a Vita, I swear this will be the only game I'll ever need lol

Man, I can't wait 'till Tuesday! And, when ever I get a Vita, I swear this will be the only game I'll ever need lol
    My Vita is already charged up and ready for ZP2. LOL The Vita is sweet man. Pick yourself up one when time and money permits. You'll enjoy it. I know I do.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    My Vita is already charged up and ready for ZP2. LOL The Vita is sweet man. Pick yourself up one when time and money permits. You'll enjoy it. I know I do.
    It's funny. I used to be a hardcore PSP owner, swapping faceplates/backplates, leds in triggers, all that crap, and now we finally get the handheld of our dreams and I don't even have one yet Haha hopefully in November/December I shall have one. What's awesome is that I already have games lined up for it since there is the cross-purchase feature with certain PS3 games like Hustle Kings, TPA, etc...Gonna be sweet once I get one..........ANYWAYS ZP2 AND PVZ TABLE IN 3 DAYS WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

8 Minute gameplay vid, haven't even watched it yet, had to share immediately:

8 Minute gameplay vid, haven't even watched it yet, had to share immediately
    Thank you Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Thank you Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

On the Going Nuts mission, the balls turn into coconuts! Collecting money to spend for power-ups at Crazy Dave's trunk (if you open it), collecting sun...Man this table looks really fun!

Banned

KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S PVZ! Looks EPIC!

On the Going Nuts mission, the balls turn into coconuts! Collecting money to spend for power-ups at Crazy Dave's trunk (if you open it), collecting sun...Man this table looks really fun!

Yeah the flow looks great. The flow on this table kind of reminds me of World War Hulk but with many more different options. The seed package option looks real interesting. Wonder how many different Plants will be represented. So far I see at least 5 and it looks like right/left orbit shots change type of plant to select. not sure why Challenge is flashing in the sinkhole. I think the launch button triggers cherry bombs and chile peppers that you have at the lower left side of the table.

Interesting though I had no urge to play Zen/Marvel till ZP2 hits our hands. I was going to play some Zen/Marvel today. I'm proud to have so much control. Watching the vids will be enough for me.

It's funny. I used to be a hardcore PSP owner, swapping faceplates/backplates, leds in triggers, all that crap, and now we finally get the handheld of our dreams and I don't even have one yet Haha hopefully in November/December I shall have one. What's awesome is that I already have games lined up for it since there is the cross-purchase feature with certain PS3 games like Hustle Kings, TPA, etc...Gonna be sweet once I get one.
    I never owned a handheld and I keep thinking how I'm disabled, stuck at home all the time but I have the big screen with surround sound - why would I need a Vita? But still... There are are these cross-platform games if I ever got one, like the ones you mentioned and others, and some games are Vita only. I suppose I could curl up with one while wifey is watching Netflix. I've just been having trouble with the price to get one for just those reasons. Maybe if there's a sale because it does look sweet. I'd love to hear other reasons, though! Not trying to derail the thread or anything - still intend to play Zen on it if I ever get one.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    I never owned a handheld and I keep thinking how I'm disabled, stuck at home all the time but I have the big screen with surround sound - why would I need a Vita? But still... There are are these cross-platform games if I ever got one, like the ones you mentioned and others, and some games are Vita only. I suppose I could curl up with one while wifey is watching Netflix. I've just been having trouble with the price to get one for just those reasons. Maybe if there's a sale because it does look sweet. I'd love to hear other reasons, though! Not trying to derail the thread or anything - still intend to play Zen on it if I ever get one.
    I hear ya, I hardly ever really go out anywhere where I'd actually use it much, but it would be cool to walk around the house, crash on any couch I want and play some Zen lol Also, hopefully they will go on sale a little bit during black Friday.

Oh, there's more reasons to get a Vita besides the portable games. Skype is on there, as well as a netflix app. Twitter, foursqaure, FB, music (just recently you can also make playlists too) oh and a youtube app as well! besides the browser (though, it's much like the PS3's it's at least something.) Of course you can also DL videos from the PS Store.
    PSN ID: draig3791

I just realized that the ball is always green, so it looks like we won't even see a normal steel ball on this one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by draig3791 View Post
    Oh, there's more reasons to get a Vita besides the portable games. Skype is on there, as well as a netflix app. Twitter, foursqaure, FB, music (just recently you can also make playlists too) oh and a youtube app as well! besides the browser (though, it's much like the PS3's it's at least something.) Of course you can also DL videos from the PS Store.
    Good deal! I'd forgotten all about the Skype features, etc. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    Good deal! I'd forgotten all about the Skype features, etc. Thanks for the reminder!
    No problem! I use all of em' frequently so I tend not to forget them. Other than the browser.
    PSN ID: draig3791

The trailer was fun and I'm sure the table will be fun too, I'll get this table soon.
    PSN: DreamyElf

8 Minute gameplay vid, haven't even watched it yet, had to share immediately:

That video was awesome. Looks like getting the achievement on the Xbox version will be easy. I see on the PS we will have more to accomplish trophy wise. I have to be honest though....for the first time, I'm not even concerned with the trophy/achievement. I just want to play the game and have fun. This is going to be AWESOME!!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

How many of you started playing Plants Vs Zombies again now that it's been announced for pinball? I know I did. Forgot how great the game really was back then. So simple to play. Love the fact that you can choose which plants to use for different gameplay styles.

2 more days!

How many of you started playing Plants Vs Zombies again now that it's been announced for pinball? I know I did. Forgot how great the game really was back then. So simple to play. Love the fact that you can choose which plants to use for different gameplay styles.

2 more days!
    im only missing survive 40 waves and grow the tree of wisdom to 100 feet trophies , haha popcap needs to do PVZ2 !
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

They are they announced It a few weeks back.

http://www.destructoid.com/popcap-an...2-233369.phtml

Sweet! And maybe next year a second Zen table to compliment it.

Cool, doh I want a Peggle Nights sequel... love Peggle to bits

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin