Thread: Need some table buying advice.

Question Need some table buying advice.

Hi everyone!
    I just need some quick advice about my next table purchase. I can't wait for the PVZ table (since I absolutely love the game that it is based on) and have already added 800MS points to my account in anticipation of buying it. However that leaves me with 560 spare points to drop on one or two new tables to keep my busy in the meantime. The only tables that I do not have yet are Paranormal, Earth Defence, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Nightmare Mansion. Which two of these would you guys recommend that I get? If it is any help my favourite tables are Captain America, Mars, Epic Quest, Moon Knight, Thor, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers and Sorcerer's Lair. Thanks!

What I would purchase from your choices in order would be; Paranormal, Earth Defense, Nightmare Mansion, and then finally R&B. To help consider what you would purchase, think about the themes and table design. Paranormal, albeit fun, is a very cluttered table where as Earth Defense is more open table concept. Either way you choose, it's eventually good to own all of Zen's tables.

Good Luck and let us know what you go with!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post
    What I would purchase from your choices in order would be; Paranormal, Earth Defense, Nightmare Mansion, and then finally R&B. To help consider what you would purchase, think about the themes and table design. Paranormal, albeit fun, is a very cluttered table where as Earth Defense is more open table concept. Either way you choose, it's eventually good to own all of Zen's tables.

Good Luck and let us know what you go with!!
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I obviously tried the trial versions of all these tables and your suggestion is in line with what I was thinking. Obviously I would like to eventually own all the tables eventually but Paranormal and Earth Defence seem to be the best choice for now.

I have to agree that ED and Paranormal are the better 2 listed. In my opinion Mansion and R&B are kind of misses generally. Though fun if you fancy a simplier game of pinball now and again.

ED is a great table, also a fast one.

If I had to chose just 2 I'd take NM and ED. I really like the simplicity (and theme!) of NM. ED is just good all around.

For me Paranormal is an annoying grind and has terrible flow... one of my least favorite Zen tables. R&B can be frustrating at times.

I want NM on ZP2 badly Especially since Halloween is next month. I like the simplicity of it, and the music ain't to shabby

Thanks for the advice everyone. I went with ED and Paranormal but will definitely get Mansion once I have some extra points again. R&B never really appealed that much to me (maybe because I never watched the cartoons as a kid.) The only tables that I do not have at this point is R&B and Mansion as well as the original four Pinball FX tables. I am considering buying those as I heard that Buccaneer is based on one of my all time favourite tables in real life (Adams Family) but I have heard mixed reactions about the other three. Is the original pack still worth it at this point?

Urm...

Maybe...

I hate Bucceneer... Please don't get your hopes up. It doesn't play anything like Adam's family aside from a mild layout simularity.

Speed Machine is awful, Extreme is very punishing and lacks variety (though I oddly get enjoyment out of it) and as said Bucceneer is really not fun.

Leaving... Agents...

Now it may feel out of date compared with the modern tables, but Agents is actually a really fun *real* table. By that I mean it doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles, but I find the table as a really nice flow.

I think they are worth it during discounts (when they drop to 400-600) but at 800 I personally feel it's a bit much for them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    I think they are worth it during discounts (when they drop to 400-600) but at 800 I personally feel it's a bit much for them now.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Speed Machine is awful, Extreme is very punishing and lacks variety (though I oddly get enjoyment out of it) and as said Bucceneer is really not fun.
    I use to hate speed machine. But now I don't mind it. It's not all that bad, although it could use some more polish in terms of the bells and whistles. The descriptions of the missions can be kinda vague at times. Plus that music is rather horrible

other than that, it's not too bad. Guess you've just gotta "get use to it"