Thread: Table Idea: Minecraft

Banned

Lightbulb Table Idea: Minecraft

I was playing a bit of FX2 last night and thought of a hit table, Minecraft! Would it be easy for Zen to partner with Mojang and acquire their license?

Part 1- Function

The table will have similar effects to that of the Blade table, meaning it will change from night to day. Now at night Creepers come out and those of you who have played will know what I'm talking about.

Just like in Minecraft there will be tasks instead of missions on the table such as Finding wood,obsidian,etc in Minecraft

Diamond Multiball- Beating this hard task gives you a huge score! Hit each target TNT to increase score multiplier. (Still working on more for this)

Torch Multiball- Find wood and coal to get Torch Multiball. Balls turn into fire at night, hit the right material drop targets to make a Torch. Hit the 4 ramps on both sides for high scores.

Some tasks need certain resources or material. The table will have a Crafting table similar to the shop in Blade table. Here you can make items with material you find. Such as making pick-axes, beds,bows,etc.

Part 2-Art Design

The background in the center of the table won't be flat like every Zen table, it will be 3D like this:
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t2Wxl1hnUy-qtw

Water, trees,live changing scenes. Sunset and night just like in Minecraft.
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.

It's a great idea for sure. Minecraft is a pretty easy fit for pinball. They could have Breakout-esk mini games for mining with the main wizard to be crafting diamand items or fighting the new bosses that have been added (new to me, as I haven't played in a while).

A good amount of potential and the art-style suits a pinball table pretty darn nicely.

This is a great idea. Here are my thoughts:

• Mine ores by shooting the bumpers. Ores (Iron/Gold/Diamond) are awarded randomly, and based on their rarities in the game.
    • Once enough ores and other materials are collected, the crafting table is accessible. It is a subtable, top left like in Excalibur. Hit targets to combine available inventory items and craft tools and weapons.
    • The game has a day-night cycle. Bright, sunny and well lit during the day, dark and moonlit at night. The sun and moon can be seen rising and setting on the back wall of the playfield.
    • At night, the enemies come out. They come towards the flippers like in Plants vs Zombies, and must be hit with the ball to be killed. The better the sword you have crafted, the fewer hits. Getting hit by at enemy you failed to stop maybe freezes your flippers for a few seconds, probably draining your ball, or perhaps you just get docked points or multipliers.
    • A mine train. A railway line (a wireform) that runs all around the table, but must be powered in order to accelerate the ball around it. Power it up by hitting several "Redstone" targets in various places. Then shoot the ball into a waiting minecart and take a ride. Maybe this could even result in the "biome" of the table changing, forest/desert/jungle/tundra etc, as if you have travelled to another area.
    • A "temple" hole. A hard to shoot hole, maybe from an upper flipper, that awards random rare items as well as points bonuses, kickbacks, multipliers etc.
    • A Nether world mode. Firstly, you need to start a mode where you guide a waterfall onto a pool of lava, perhaps by hitting a spinner. When the water quenches the lava, obsidian is created, which must be hit repeatedly with the ball to mine. You have 60 seconds to mine it before the mode ends. When you have 14 pieces of obsidian, you can enter a nether portal subtable, under the playfield like Pasha. Hit 14 targets to construct the nether portal, and then shoot the ball to an exit in the top middle of the subtable to ignite it and exit to the main playfield. The nether portal is now there on the main playfield. Shoot the ball into it to enter the nether. The table changes in mood, lighting, and special modes are now available.

That's all I have for now but there must be loads more (and better) ideas than this. As the XBLA's most successful game, I think this would be well worth doing if it could be done. I'm sure Mojang/4J and MS would be up for it.
    Last edited by Ozzpot; 09-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Banned

WOW Awesome ideas! After seeing what Popcap and Zen could do with PvZ table. Theres a good chance!

And obviously you have to put lava artwork down by the drain.

I guess Minecraft is more popular, but suddenly a Terraria table sounds wonderful, too. And Terraria has distinct bosses/special events that happen throughout the game, and it's also coming to XBLA...

But yeah, I like the idea.