Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kclaw
    • Sep 2012

Was Three Player Support Ever Added

Just bought this game last night - 9 03 2012 - it is fun, but there are three of us that want to play locally. I have read through these post and it talks about a patch that would support this back in 2010. When I installed the game on the PS3, it did download a patch and install it before starting the game. Still, I do not see how to play a game with three people. Any help would be appreciated.
  • marbar
    • Sep 2012

Got a response from Zen Studios about the Game

Hi, we recently bought Planet Minigolf, too, and had the same question.

We played the demo and it had the option for a 3 player local game. We tried it, liked it, so we purchased it. Then, when we tried to play Planet Minigolf, there was no 3 player local game option.

I wrote the following to Zen Studios:

We purchased PS3 Planet MiniGolf. We had played the demo with 3 single
    players locally, and really liked it, so we decided to purchase it online.
    We downloaded the game and when we tried to play locally with 3 players,
    that option was not available in the local play menu, as it was in the demo.

We checked online and it said that the patch for the game allowed 3 single
    players online, as well as local.

We had to do the patch before playing the game, but the menu still does not
    give the option to select a 3 single player game for local , although it
    does show the option for online 3 single players.

Can you please let me know how to correct this problem, as I never would
    have purchased the game if it didn't have a 3 player local option.

Thank you
    And this was their response:

We feel really sorry about your disappointment. I understand that 3-player
    local multiplayer is really important for you. Still, I hope you can enjoy
    the game anyway, even with two of your friends playing local multiplayer
    with the 4 player mode, simply selecting 'Give Up' in each round for the
    fourth character. Have fun,

--
    Tamas Balog
    Head of Studio
    ZEN Studios
    Apparently it appears as if they don't care and will not be releasing another patch, so I guess we are stuck. We did try the 4 player and simply selected "Give Up" for the 4th player and it worked out just fine, so you may want to try that. You can access "Give Up" by selecting the "Start" button on the controller when the 4th player is ready to putt and you will see "Give Up" in the menu that appears. You only have to do this once per hole and they are then skipped for the remainder of that hole. We like to assign the 4th player to the same controller as the first player that way it is quick and easy to skip that player without having a 4th controller.

Hope this helps you out.

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by marbar
      Apparently it appears as if they don't care and will not be releasing another patch, so I guess we are stuck.
      It's not that they don't care. There is just no possible way in fixing it at a affordable rate. The problem lies in the game engine, which is causing quite a few bugs (scoring bug, three player bug). The only fix is to release out a sequel with an overhauled game engine (like they did with Zen Pinball 2). The problem is that this game wasn't a great seller from what I've heard.

Comment

• TJA7032
        • Oct 2011

Shogun is correct!

Originally posted by shogun00
        It's not that they don't care. There is just no possible way in fixing it at a affordable rate. The problem lies in the game engine, which is causing quite a few bugs (scoring bug, three player bug). The only fix is to release out a sequel with an overhauled game engine (like they did with Zen Pinball 2). The problem is that this game wasn't a great seller from what I've heard.
        I'm not sure about how great a seller Planet Minigolf was, but it by far the best miniature golf program out there. Shogun: What scoring bug are you referring to?

I would like to see more of the tournaments... there have not been any since April.

I play the game often with my wife (I am AJA7032 online) and we love it. I have yet to figure out how to determine if someone is waiting for an online match with anyone. I usually enter the game and select multiplayer>online and then just wait. Can other players see this somehow?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

• shogun00
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TJA7032
          Shogun: What scoring bug are you referring to?
          Sometimes your highest score won't get recorded on the leader boards.

I would like to see more of the tournaments... there have not been any since April.
          They come in waves. When Zen isn't so busy, they will hold another tournament that will last for a week. For the record, the "weekly tournament" was a mistranslation. What they meant was a "week long tournament".

Comment

• Bookerlor
            • Jan 2018

Was Three Player Support Ever Added

If there was ever a Secretary of Dreams Volume Three, which stories would you like to see? I personally would like The Mangler, Gramma, and Quitters Inc. just for fun

Comment

Working...