Thread: Official Plants vs Zombies Thread

Default Official Plants vs Zombies Thread

The zombies ate your brains!

Well as it just came out, I don't have much to add. I think alot of the high scoring aspects of the table revolves around purchasing items with Crazy Dave. The 'missions' seem tougher than I though they would be. THere were times I did the Going Nuts mission where the timer goes down to 1/2 seconds and lose the coconuts. AGHHHHH! Lot's do I think.

I didn't have too much trouble with going nuts. Pretty cool multiball. I don't remember how this mission corresponds with the real PvZ game. I remember the fog levels but nothing about coconuts. Anyways, I would agree that Crazy Dave has some interesting point modifiers. Also, getting extra balls seem to be very easy.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-05-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Extra balls are very easy to get and I don't think there is a max extra ball per ball limit. I got three extra balls on my first ball. But I checked the operators menu and there is a 5 extra ball per game limit.

Almost got to the final wizard mode my 2nd playthrough. PvZ is actually pretty easy. Though the final Zomboss stage is challenging.

Some quick tips before I go to bed (the rule sheets are pretty good):

1) You should never lose a ball from an outlane drain. You start with the kickbacks activated and you can easily reactivate by hitting about 3 left or right orbit shots which lights the kickback in the reward hole.

2) Ball save is very easy to activate. If both kickbacks are activated you can simply hit left and right orbit shots to light ball save or conversely you can hit the center orbit to light ball save at the reward hole.

3) Extra balls are very easy to get. You can one as a random reward by the Jack-in-the-box. You can also light extra ball at the reward hole by lighting ball save when ball save and both kickbacks are already activated. Just spam the orbits.

4) Multiballs are easy to activate and they can help you get an extra ball via the latter method I mentioned in 3. They can also be activated during missions. I believe I have activated Mail multiball during every mission (except the one multiball mission). Activating multiball during missions can make them much easier to defeat, particularly the digger mission.

5) The final Zomboss mission is pretty tough. Well tough for me because I have trouble hitting the My Flower Pot hole in multiball camera view. This switches up the ball between fire an ice. If you can hit that sinkhole easily I don't think you should have a problem with this level.

6) I lost most my balls via center drain from a failed shot on the Mail ramp. If you hit a weak shot up that ramp and it comes back down, be ready to nudge because it likes that center drain.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Default Game breaking bug for PVZ?

I'm not sure what happened as 1 moment I was playing a regular ball then the camera focused to the plunger while the other ball was in play so I kept playing and finally lost my last ball. The mail box keeps opening like it was emptying out the mailbox for the final end game totals. No endball bonus and the game doesn't end. I had to quit completely.

I think this is an excellent table. I was not familiar with PvZ and wasn't sure if I would like it. Another gold medal for Zen Studios !!

Default O.o

currently i still have #1 overall score it was my first crack at pvz/zp2 the multiball is a really go nuts go nuts go coconuts but i did seem to get a lot of extra balls i was thinking wtf i think i got about 7 extra balls at first i thought the game was broken :P

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    currently i still have #1 overall score it was my first crack at pvz/zp2 the multiball is a really go nuts go nuts go coconuts but i did seem to get a lot of extra balls i was thinking wtf i think i got about 7 extra balls at first i thought the game was broken :P
    That won't last long. I still haven't played the table yet (too late last night) and neither has the "Pinball Mafia".

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That won't last long. I still haven't played the table yet (too late last night) and neither has the "Pinball Mafia".
    LOL ya i know let me have my 15 minutes :P ROTFL

Anyone figure out how to advance the bonus multiplier? Is it the RIP targets and hitting the little dude in the sun hole? And I didn't realize there was a magna save on this table. I activated it by accident when I set off a cherry bomb.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-06-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Lightbulb PvZ Table Guide

Any help guys would be appreciated towards my Guide, great Table btw and now time for me to get to work.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Thumbs down too easy

The game was too easy.

I have played 1 time.
    I did not read the instructions on what to do.
    I earned all 5 extra-balls possible.
    I played for over an hour and logged about 500 million which put me in first place.
    I beat the wizard mode; Zomboss.

If Zen is going to make their games so easy they need to add more depth. More waves of zombies. Harder zombies. Make the different balls actually matter, as well as actually needing seed packets to keep the hordes of zombies at bay. I quickly realized the seed packets are a waste of time, and changing the ball only matters for the zomboss to defeat the fireball or iceball. I don't even know what the "nut" balls are for. That is bad because it should be obvious what the advantage is to have them because it makes a difference in the game ... like you need it to win or get a whole lot more points.

I got bored and drained balls on purpose.

LOVED the theme though! Loved they kept all the original sound effects and didn't supplant them or anything. It was a great port of Plants vs. Zombies. But like Plants vs. Zombies, it's meant for kids. It's not challenging. I had maxed out my sun and bought everything by the time I reached the zomboss. I was expecting to actually need to buy things like plants or kickbacks to help me stop the onslaughts, but nope, kickbacks are too easily activated as well as ball save.

Oh and I did all the above WITHOUT using magna-save. Because I didn't read the directions or study the table too carefully, I didn't notice the table had it.

I guess I need to alter my play on ZP and set time limits and start continuing my games where I left off. I like pinball because it is challenging and frustating. It's like golf in that way. Balls SHOULD drain easily. I don't want to be playing for hours, but I can see how young kids playing the game get frustrated and whine because they don't feel they are "good" so the solution is to make it impossible to lose. Tomorrow's generation is going to be a coddled one...

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Any help guys would be appreciated towards my Guide, great Table btw and now time for me to get to work.
    What kind of help? I have most of the table figured out except for the bonus multiplier, some of crazy dave's items, and how to increase jackpot values for multiballs. I can talk about collecting sun, choosing seeds, how to activate and use the different seed types, missions, multiballs, extra balls, kicbacks, ball saves, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The game was too easy.
    I think that the original PvZ game was geared towards a younger audience and the table probably was too. I'm not exactly a pinball wizard, but I did get about three extra balls and about 84 million in my first and only game so far. That's pretty good for me. So yeah, it's definitely easy but still a good table. My kids love it.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    What kind of help? I have most of the table figured out except for the bonus multiplier, some of crazy dave's items, and how to increase jackpot values for multiballs. I can talk about collecting sun, choosing seeds, how to activate and use the different seed types, missions, multiballs, extra balls, kicbacks, ball saves, etc.
    Pretty much anything that you can contribute, Im doing my own recon' on the Table but it always helps to get other peoples experiences etc. If you have time just send me a PM about anything you think needs to be added to the Guide.

I got to the Wizard Mode yesterday but failed it, that far Left Shot is very annoying esspecially when you have Zombies approaching.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Pretty much anything that you can contribute, Im doing my own recon' on the Table but it always helps to get other peoples experiences etc. If you have time just send me a PM about anything you think needs to be added to the Guide.

I got to the Wizard Mode yesterday but failed it, that far Left Shot is very annoying esspecially when you have Zombies approaching.
    I got to wizard mode yesterday and failed to. I didn't switch the ball from fire to ice in time and a frickin' zombie got by me.

Hehe...don't get comfortable homie! I only played the table twice to get familiar with it. Oh and once Shogun, DiscoKing, Snakeman and a few others get on the table. It's a wrap! All of our little scores will be obsolete! Hahahaha Fun competition!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The game was too easy.
    This game was way too easy, I also scored over 400 million and went to first on the High Score list without knowing what I was doing, I probably won't play this table again for awhile and I was just hoping that the game was over after each ball drained.

This problem could easily be solved on all Zen tables by just making an Easy, Normal and Hard skill level selection and have 3 different High Score lists. All Zen would need to do is to make the flippers a little further apart and make the outlane easier for the ball to drain for each skill level, this could all easily be done in their editor. I don't really want to play a pinball game for over an hour, it just seems silly to an old man like me.

Zen2 is still the best video Pinball out there, the tables are beautiful and I love the Marvel tables. I am a huge fan of Zen's quality work, these guys go the extra mile and they have taken video pinball to the next level and have done it with class.

Well, I don't know what to say about this table. Beat Dr.Zombo or whatever his name is second try (failed on him once, loaded the mode back up and beat him...if you lose to him you don't have to beat any main missions again ) and that's that, really XD scored 555 million I think. It was cool, but in my opinion it's too easy to start up MAIL multiball. I've only started up Disco multiball once, don't even know how I did it (I think you add backup dancers on some ramp/lane or something).

Live stream of the PvZ table happening now! Check it out on Play XBLA!

Hehe...don't get comfortable homie! I only played the table twice to get familiar with it. Oh and once Shogun, DiscoKing, Snakeman and a few others get on the table. It's a wrap! All of our little scores will be obsolete! Hahahaha Fun competition!
    ya its gone down of course but i have upset a few people in MP my bad is hypno74 still around have not seen him pop up yet :P

oh thanks Bobomb
    Last edited by RabidShark; 09-06-2012 at 10:22 PM.

ya its gone down of course but i have upset a few people in MP my bad is hypno74 still around have not seen him pop up yet :P

oh thanks Bobomb
    I haven't seen Hypno in a while. He may have taken a break or something. I know he wanted to get on the ZP2 though.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I think there is a bug when trying to activate the specials (Jalapeno's and cherry bombs) on this table. The specials located in the lower left corner of the table has the following statement above it: "When the light flashes, launch activates the first plant." The light beneath the first plant typically flashes when zombies are on the table. However, when you hit the launch buttton (x) while the light is flasshing, it frequently does NOT activate the Jalapeno or cherry bomb. Is this a bug or am I just doing it wrong?

In regards to advancing the bonus multiplier, it might be bumper hits or as a random jack-in-the-box reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I have only played the table once so far and I almost defeated the wizard mode on my first attempt. I'll go back to it over the weekend.

Right now, I'm just focusing on playing all of the tables (6 more to go) at least once and try to at least grab one of the two trophies for each table.

I have only played the table once so far and I almost defeated the wizard mode on my first attempt. I'll go back to it over the weekend.

Right now, I'm just focusing on playing all of the tables (6 more to go) at least once and try to at least grab one of the two trophies for each table.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't really care about the score right now. I just want to do an initial run through them and grab a few trophies on the way. Surprisingly, my first run (only 1 time) on Iron Man, Thor, AND Earth Defense I almost made it to wizard mode. Well not Iron Man, but I grabbed the Tony Stark trophy, but I definitely almost had Thor. 1 shot away from defeating him and I drained the ball getting too anxious. LOL I also got 7 medals on Earth Defense my first run as well. Don't know why I don't have a trophy yet for it. Hahaha I knew I would be spending more time on PS3 this time around with ZP2 here. I was on PBFX2 for a bit, but I'm back!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't really care about the score right now. I just want to do an initial run through them and grab a few trophies on the way. Surprisingly, my first run (only 1 time) on Iron Man, Thor, AND Earth Defense I almost made it to wizard mode. Well not Iron Man, but I grabbed the Tony Stark trophy, but I definitely almost had Thor. 1 shot away from defeating him and I drained the ball getting too anxious. LOL I also got 7 medals on Earth Defense my first run as well. Don't know why I don't have a trophy yet for it. Hahaha I knew I would be spending more time on PS3 this time around with ZP2 here. I was on PBFX2 for a bit, but I'm back!
    I pretty much overkilled a few of the tables. On Iron Man, I was able to get both trophies, beat Ultimo and top my all time high score in my first game.

The same thing happened in Blade, Mars, and World War Hulk (not the high score part).

On Earth Defense, I got 9 of the 10 medal in my first game. It's really easy now, since failed ramp shots no longer do an instant SDTM.

I pretty much overkilled a few of the tables. On Iron Man, I was able to get both trophies, beat Ultimo and top my all time high score in my first game.

The same thing happened in Blade, Mars, and World War Hulk (not the high score part).

On Earth Defense, I got 9 of the 10 medal in my first game. It's really easy now, since failed ramp shots no longer do an instant SDTM.
    Man I wish I could do all of that. I haven't even touched Blade yet and I wanna finish WWH and my most challenging one, Fear Itself! Beating all of the Worthy and Skadi is difficult for me. I didn't beat Skadi on the 360 version, but I did manage to beat the Worthy. It was damn HARD for me. LOL I'm going to finish what I couldn't in MP and ZP. I have to. I see you're doing really well. You got most of the trophies already. I'm doing them on both the PS3 and Vita simultaneously. It's a lot of work, but fun at the same time. The scores that I get on the Vita counts on the PS3 I see, but not the trophies. Hehe I'll say you'll be done by the end of the weekend, Shogun. If not before it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

i like the new feel "But" there should be a hard mode with separate scoreboard it feels comfortable as is for me but i can definitely see some wanting it to be harder now something funny at an attempt to stay on topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsD...ure=plpp_video

Hehe I'll say you'll be done by the end of the weekend, Shogun. If not before it.
    I wouldn't go that far. There are a few trophies that are going to be rather time consuming. Both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (collect 30 crystal skulls) and Epic Quest (acquire the Epic Armor) have cumulative trophies, where you need to play 30 or so games before you meet the objective.

Not to mention, some tables have very time consuming silver trophies. It's going to take a while for me to complete V12 (upgrade one part to the max), Shaman (start up the wizard mode), El Dorado (start up the wizard mode) and Thor (complete the wizard mode).

P.S. Play the Blade table. The ramp and orbit shots are much easier to hit and the Night Mode got a major graphical face life (light reflections).
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.

V12 - yeah, I think it is like 100 tire ramp shots in total or something crazy, but it doesnt take THAT long. Upgrading ALL parts, now THAT was time consuming...
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    V12 - yeah, I think it is like 100 tire ramp shots in total or something crazy, but it doesnt take THAT long. Upgrading ALL parts, now THAT was time consuming...
    I actually go after the suspension. It's the most easiest for me, since I'm not that good at grinding.

To hit the suspension targets, just do a bank shot off of the kickback/ballsave targets.

During the suspension mode, all you need to do is hit the six pop-up targets. Each level increase the speed of the suspension, but you hit the same amount of targets in each round.

Actually it is the "French Pinball Mafia". I know because I created the term. Pretty cool, ah?

BTW were are they? I've seen Mammoth somewhere in a table. Otherwise the desert.

Anyway, back to PvZ, I scored 400+ million points and I have no clue about what I was doing. It is a multiball after another. Some missions popped out from nowhere. And the shop, what's the best item to buy?

Default Table guide

I made a quick table guide in google docs for PvZ for those having trouble understanding the table mechanics. Shory makes great guides but it always takes awhile before zen puts them up so I made this one. If you have ever played the real popcap PvZ game, it probably wasn't too difficult to figure out. This is geared more towards those who have never played it. I haven't really proofread it or verified that everything listed is completely accurate (in regards to point values, correct names for missions, correct names for Twiddydinks, etc.). Furthermore, it is incomplete in certain areas. Therefore, I have made it editable to anyone. I think we have a great community, but I will say this anyway. Please don't deface the doc, put in useless or inaccurate info, or delete anything unless you are sure it is inaccurate. I am sure some of things I have put in here are inaccurate, specifically those things I have put question marks next to. It is a rough draft but I spent about 1-2 hrs gathering info and writing it. So please, the last thing we need is a bunch of people adding inaccurate info to it. That being said, feel free to make changes that you think will improve the guide for others. I haven't included anything about the 3 multiball modes (except for the going nuts mission) because I haven't figured out how much you earn for jackpots/superjackpots or how to increase the value of jackpots. I included a brief summary of skillshot/super skillshot but left out any hints about plunger strength to hit specific spillways. I have gotten to the Zomboss final mission but haven't beaten him so feel free to edit that. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...5VoenGKS0/edit
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

This is such a beautiful table. Great art and sound work, which is why it's a shame that it's so easy. I agree with many early posts. I've only played two full games and that feels like enough for a long time. Games are just so insanely long with the easy ball saves/multiball/extra balls and there's not much real reward other then doing wizard mode. Beautiful table though.

Snip
    Awesome work m8.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Thanks. I sent you a copy of the original word document. Use or don't use anything you want. I am hoping some of the other active message board members can contribute. Gathering info about mission complete bonuses, getting all the jack-in-the-box bonuses, etc., can be quite tedious. How do you do it?
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
    This is such a beautiful table. Great art and sound work, which is why it's a shame that it's so easy. I agree with many early posts. I've only played two full games and that feels like enough for a long time. Games are just so insanely long with the easy ball saves/multiball/extra balls and there's not much real reward other then doing wizard mode. Beautiful table though.
    Agree Really nice looking table. The games are insanely long. I was looking at my statistics and not 1 game was under 30 minutes. Also I thin the multipliers are bugged. Someone mentioned that if you get you 5 extra balls mutipliers wont come out. I've had it up to as much as 6x but nothing more.

The only reason I have been playing PvZ is to beat the scores on my friends list. Otherwise I have not urge to play it anymore The Jackpot scoring is confusing. Some super jackpots are minimal (700k) to high (12m) what advances the jackpot value?

As much as PvZ is being highlighted since it's a new table, I have not overlooked the core tables. Aside from V12 the other 3 improved so much and much more playable. Earth Defense is starting to be one of those Dark Horse tables that I have been giving much more time with. Very deep table with the 10 different medals/missions. There were few multiballs I have never has a chance to get when playing ZP1.

The fact that all the tables have changed to an extent certainly makes up for the ease of PvZ. PvZ is a great table but I'm losing interest pretty fast.

I wouldn't go that far. There are a few trophies that are going to be rather time consuming. Both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (collect 30 crystal skulls) and Epic Quest (acquire the Epic Armor) have cumulative trophies, where you need to play 30 or so games before you meet the objective.

Not to mention, some tables have very time consuming silver trophies. It's going to take a while for me to complete V12 (upgrade one part to the max), Shaman (start up the wizard mode), El Dorado (start up the wizard mode) and Thor (complete the wizard mode).

P.S. Play the Blade table. The ramp and orbit shots are much easier to hit and the Night Mode got a major graphical face life (light reflections).
    The Crystal Skulls is cumulative?!?!?! Wow I didn't know that. I was under the impression that we had to get all 30 skulls in one game. If this is true, then this makes it much easier for me. I got to chapter 3 yesterday and failed. Man I'm still sulking over Thor and how I was one shot away from defeating Loki. Oh well. Time to do it again.

Yeah you're right about Epic Quest. That's going to take a while. Will you still be able to defeat the dragon without the epic items? Also, I've never gotten to the wizard mode for El Dorado, Shaman, or V12. It seems hard. I thought I was doing pretty good on Earth Defense the other day with 7 medals, but you were 1 medal away from completing it. Sorry man.

Btw, I did play Blade and I now have placed Blade in one of my favorites now. That is in the top 3 best looking tables Zen has produced, in my opinion. I just now have to get to Dracula and defeat him for the trophy. I love the reflections now. I drained a few balls just gawking at it. Hehehe
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Thanks. I sent you a copy of the original word document. Use or don't use anything you want. I am hoping some of the other active message board members can contribute. Gathering info about mission complete bonuses, getting all the jack-in-the-box bonuses, etc., can be quite tedious. How do you do it?
    Just keep playing and playing, I tend to have a notepad beside me.. pause the game and make notes etc. Im completely baffled about the Jackpots on this Table, how the heck do you increase them...... also saw something saying increased Mission Bonus? confused ;s

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Yeah you're right about Epic Quest. That's going to take a while. Will you still be able to defeat the dragon without the epic items?
    Just played a couple games of Epic Quest and got the epic armor pretty quickly. The Cave shot is easy to make now and I got to fight the dragon about 8 times. I just could defeat him. The last time I just barely pulled it off on ZP1.

Also, I've never gotten to the wizard mode for El Dorado, Shaman, or V12. It seems hard.
    Compared to ZP1, these should be much easier for me to accomplish.

I thought I was doing pretty good on Earth Defense the other day with 7 medals, but you were 1 medal away from completing it. Sorry man.
    Don't be! I wasn't really trying to accomplish this trophy with my first play through. It just happened that way. I just noticed that it was easier to make ramp and hole shots (sans the subway). Here was my thought process when I was playing.

- Let's see if I can make a flying spiral.
    - Cool! I didn't it! Let's see if I can lock it in the robot.
    - I did it! Let's see if I can start the Panic Multiball.
    - Cool! I did it and I completed it too. **medal earned**
    - Let's see if I can do a loop combo. I did it! **medal earned**
    - **Invasion starts** Let's try to get that trophy.
    - That was a little too easy. **Trophy Earned**
    - Let's see if I can up the Military AI by 3 and decrease the Threat Level by 3. I did it! **2 medals earned**
    - Let's see if I can get the Air Strike Multiball. I did it and I also got the balls into the two kick backs lanes. **2 medals earned**
    - Let's see if I can complete the four missions. **3 missions completed; 3 more medals earned**
    - Lost last ball when attempting to start up the last mission.

Personally I wasn't really trying to hard and I was just amazed at how easy it was. On ZP1, the 10 medals trophy was a nightmare to achieve. It took me over a month to accomplish and that's with some brutal conditions (nasty ball spin, SDTM failed ramp shots, glitched upper mini flipper, hard to make hole shots).

Btw, I did play Blade and I now have placed Blade in one of my favorites now. That is in the top 3 best looking tables Zen has produced, in my opinion. I just now have to get to Dracula and defeat him for the trophy. I love the reflections now. I drained a few balls just gawking at it. Hehehe
    LOL! Blade has always been my favorite table from Zen and this upgrade just made me love it even more.

Just keep playing and playing, I tend to have a notepad beside me.. pause the game and make notes etc. Im completely baffled about the Jackpots on this Table, how the heck do you increase them...... also saw something saying increased Mission Bonus? confused ;s
    I did the same thing. Kept pausing the game and writing in my laptop. I haven't figured out the jackpots either. I know you have to hit the left and right ramp during mail multiball to activate the super jackpot. I thought I saw a "jackpot increased" quickly flash on the dmd with a hit to the center orbit but wasn't sure because I couldn't reproduce it and I am not even sure which multiball I had activated.

Default Xbox

I did the same thing. Kept pausing the game and writing in my laptop. I haven't figured out the jackpots either. I know you have to hit the left and right ramp during mail multiball to activate the super jackpot. I thought I saw a "jackpot increased" quickly flash on the dmd with a hit to the center orbit but wasn't sure because I couldn't reproduce it and I am not even sure which multiball I had activated.
    Thanks for the guide... it is a really nice way to do it in google docs as now people can update it like a Wiki. I doubt it though if it will be done as the guys doing guides... LUPSclub, PS3 Trophies and Shoryuken are all pretty good and proud about their guide writing and will probably stick to their ways. The rest, like me, is probably just too lazy and will rather just play

The jackpots increase with a 100 each time you hit a ramp/orbit that is not lit for a Jackpot. Superjackpot is double all the Jackpot values you have scored since you last hit the superjackpot. I don't know what the Jack in the box does with Jackpots... probably increases it as well.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I'm not sure about the mission bonus. All I know at some point instead of the usual 5m completion, I had 2 of them at 11m or so. Not sure what I did to get that. There's got to be some info on it. It's hard to see the DMD display when there is so much going on on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Thanks for the guide... it is a really nice way to do it in google docs as now people can update it like a Wiki. I doubt it though if it will be done as the guys doing guides... LUPSclub, PS3 Trophies and Shoryuken are all pretty good and proud about their guide writing and will probably stick to their ways. The rest, like me, is probably just too lazy and will rather just play

The jackpots increase with a 100 each time you hit a ramp/orbit that is not lit for a Jackpot. Superjackpot is double all the Jackpot values you have scored since you last hit the superjackpot. I don't know what the Jack in the box does with Jackpots... probably increases it as well.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm definitely not trying to write full guides. Shory asked for any help he could get and I figured I would just put a little something together. I know Shory can finish the guides pretty quickly but sometimes it takes awhile before they get posted to the website. So I decided to transfer what I had into google docs and make it accessible for everyone and let people edit it. Hopefully it will make writing a full guide quicker. I haven't read any guides from PS3 trophies or LUPSclub. Did a quick google search. PS3 trophies is pretty cool. Has videos. I like hypno74's youtube videos too. LUPSclub looks like a French website. They don't happen to have any guides in English?

Thanks for the info about the jackpots. Regarding the jack-in-the-box rewards, they flash up on the dmd and are gone in less than a second. It is hard to figure out all the rewards. The rewards I have seen are: bonus sun, bonus money, light extra ball, bonus points (I'm not sure if this relates to jackpot points, mission completion bonus, or just adds points to your base score), and maybe raise the multiplier (?). Has anyone definitively found a way to raise the bonus multiplier? I think I have gotten it as high as x8 but often times I can't seem to raise it all.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-08-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I'm not sure about the mission bonus. All I know at some point instead of the usual 5m completion, I had 2 of them at 11m or so. Not sure what I did to get that. There's got to be some info on it. It's hard to see the DMD display when there is so much going on on the table.
    Crazy Dave's score multipliers apply to the Mission Bonuses as well, and his "+1000 Point" offering (the 8,000 Coin one) sometimes seems to stack with the "double score" (10,000 Coin) award in less-than-mathematically sound ways.

If you have just the double score, then you'll get 10 million for completing a mission. If you have that and the +1000 Point one, that seems to raise it to 11 million and change.

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about the Plants VS Zombies table is just how many points I keep losing because my inaccurate shots keep completing Sun Frenzy instead of getting the ball in the back of the vehicle, making him drive off and delay the double score bonus for that much longer.

I think it was almost designed to be the table that less skilled players (such as myself) can get the Pinball Fanatic trophy on without too much difficulty.

Okay I figured some things out. There is a "Fertilizer Bonus." Steps to collect this bonus. 1) Make a combo. 2) This lights up a single yellow "shot" star in front of one of the lanes. 3) Quickly shoot the lane that has the lit star and collect the Fertilizer Bonus before the "shot" light goes out.

Fertilizer bonuses I have seen so far:
    "Jackpot Increase! New Value: 200,000." Increases Jackpots in 100,000 increments.
    "Plenty Money." Adds $ to your money income.
    "Mission Bonus Up! New Value: 5,500,000." Increases mission completion bonuses in 1/2 million increments.
    "Plenty Sun." Adds sun points to your sun income.

Jack-in-the-box rewards I have seen so far: bonus sun, bonus money, light extra ball, advance multiplier, "stray zombie" (spawns a single zombie), ball save, kickbacks, "A Point! 2,002 point," "Huge Score 2,812,782 points," "Hit Locker" (locks a ball in the mailbox?).
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    Crazy Dave's score multipliers apply to the Mission Bonuses as well, and his "+1000 Point" offering (the 8,000 Coin one) sometimes seems to stack with the "double score" (10,000 Coin) award in less-than-mathematically sound ways.

If you have just the double score, then you'll get 10 million for completing a mission. If you have that and the +1000 Point one, that seems to raise it to 11 million and change.

Honestly, the most frustrating thing about the Plants VS Zombies table is just how many points I keep losing because my inaccurate shots keep completing Sun Frenzy instead of getting the ball in the back of the vehicle, making him drive off and delay the double score bonus for that much longer.

I think it was almost designed to be the table that less skilled players (such as myself) can get the Pinball Fanatic trophy on without too much difficulty.
    I think you probably raised the base value of the mission complete bonus with a fertilizer bonus. I just completed a mission with just the watering can and got 5,001,000. I think the watering can just add 1,000 points to the base value of every possible scoring mechanism (i.e. ramp shots, sink hole shots, mission bonuses, etc.)

I think you probably raised the base value of the mission complete bonus with a fertilizer bonus. I just completed a mission with just the watering can and got 5,001,000. I think the watering can just add 1,000 points to the base value of every possible scoring mechanism (i.e. ramp shots, sink hole shots, mission bonuses, etc.)
    Nodnod. Makes sense. I assume the 1,000 points is also doubled by the 2x score bonus, making the "base" value for missions 10,002,000 plus any fertilizer bonus at that point.

Not used to having to max/min a Pinball table like an RPG: "Let's see, I want to hit Crazy Dave first to get Double Money with the 5,000 coins I start with, then two more visits with 18K coins for the double score and +1,000 point options, then another visit for Double Sun ..." I actually prefer to FAIL the fog mission a couple times because it's one of the fastest ways to get your cash reserves up.

The base value for missions is 5 million. You can raise this base value in 500,000 increments with the correct fertilizer bonus. The gatling pea doubles this base value. I am not sure if the +1000 watering can bonus is added before or after the gatling pea multiplier is calculated.

For those wondering, I have confirmed that advancing the EoB bonus multiplier is one of the random jack-in-the-box rewards. See my post #46 above for other rewards. I have not found any other way to advance the multiplier. By the way, how do you receive the jack-in-the-box reward? I thought you had to shoot the water sinkhole above the entrance to the the Zomboss mini ramp. But I think it may just be bumper hits.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-08-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Made a mistake about how to obtain the fertilizer bonus. It is not combo shots. You must hit the spinner via a left or right orbit shot. As the spinner rotates, you can see the lit yellow "shot" stars rotate. Once the spinner stops, a single yellow "shot" star will remain lit. Hit that lane with the lit star and you will receive the bonus.

Edit: Just got 3rd place on the leaderboard with 655 milion. 5 million short of 2nd. I'm done with this table. That was an exhausting grind.

Beat Zomboss twice. To beat the big fireballs/snowballs that Zomboss throws at you, you don't have to switch ball types at the flower pot sinkhole. If you shoot a fireball with a "fire" pea, your pea gets destroyed and a snow pea get ejected from the "my flower pot" sinkhole. Then just shoot the fireball with the snow pea. This technique works with the giant snow ball as well.

The only mission that really gets harder seems to be the "Welcome to the Neighborhood" mission because all the zombies are coneheads or bucketheads. Strategy comes into play here though. If you have the torchwood fireball for this level, it is much easier because all zombie types are killed with a single hit. Also noticed the fertilizer bonuses for increasing jackpots and mission bonuses reset after you start a multiball or mission, respectively. Advancing the multiplier helps boost your score. I think I got close to 100,000,000 end of ball bonus after advancing to x8. Just spam the bumpers/water sinkhole to get the jack-in-the-box random rewards. Slowly but surely you will advance the multiplier.
    Last edited by surf1der; 09-08-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Weapon View Post

I've just started with pinball (only been playing for a few days now), and I've been feeling that PvZ is a pretty good table for beginners who are learning the game. The ball seems a little slower than most of my other tables, the missions are pretty clear as to what you need to do, and the table--while beautiful--isn't overly distracting. For someone who is just wrapping her mind around pinball concepts beyond just keeping the ball out of the drain, it's easy to get overwhelmed. It also doesn't hurt that the table is absolutely charming, so it's a fun table to pick when I'm practicing. I love all the ZP2 tables that I've played so far, and they each seem to offer something different. I still get excited when I manage to complete a pretty basic mini mission, or when I start to feel like I might be getting the hang of getting the ball to go in the basic direction that I want. ~.^ PvZ seems to be a good table for honing my skills, so I've been playing a fair bit of it and Mars at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccalilli View Post
    I've just started with pinball (only been playing for a few days now), and I've been feeling that PvZ is a pretty good table for beginners who are learning the game.
    Welcome to the forums. It seems you have picked up the number 1 rule of pinball, keep the ball in play at all costs. Rule #2, when in doubt shoot for the flashing lights. Everything else comes with time. Be warned, pinball is habit-forming. If you need tips go to the player skills section at http://www.ipdb.org. Or do a youtube search for hypno74. He has some great zen/marvel pinball videos.

Welcome to the forums. It seems you have picked up the number 1 rule of pinball, keep the ball in play at all costs. Rule #2, when in doubt shoot for the flashing lights. Everything else comes with time. Be warned, pinball is habit-forming. If you need tips go to the player skills section at http://www.ipdb.org. Or do a youtube search for hypno74. He has some great zen/marvel pinball videos.
    Thank you! The skills info you linked was very interesting and helpful. Bookmarked it. I'll have to check out the videos too, so I can see some of the techniques in action. I think the addiction is already taking hold--was playing Ironman last night until one in the morning. The high ramps make for good save practice and good experience for staying calm when balls come screaming back at me. Today/tonight's agenda is aiming for kickbacks, ballsaves, and extra balls on PvZ. Also want to practice getting my ball into Crazy Dave's hatchback without accidentally triggering Sun Frenzy instead. Off to get in a few hours of play in the afternoon quiet.

Edit: Just got 3rd place on the leaderboard with 655 milion. 5 million short of 2nd. I'm done with this table. That was an exhausting grind.

Beat Zomboss twice. To beat the big fireballs/snowballs that Zomboss throws at you, you don't have to switch ball types at the flower pot sinkhole. If you shoot a fireball with a "fire" pea, your pea gets destroyed and a snow pea get ejected from the "my flower pot" sinkhole. Then just shoot the fireball with the snow pea. This technique works with the giant snow ball as well.
    Still a ways from 899M I think I beat Zom at least 3 times, if not 4. I still have no idea what is going on for most of the table yet! I only figured out how to activate missions before I started this game (BRAINZ), and near the end, you can buy stuff with suns, etc. My kids love this table, lol

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Still a ways from 899M I think I beat Zom at least 3 times, if not 4. I still have no idea what is going on for most of the table yet! I only figured out how to activate missions before I started this game (BRAINZ), and near the end, you can buy stuff with suns, etc. My kids love this table, lol
    How long did it take you to get? I get bored after about an hour and lose focus. I probably got to around 550 million on my second ball and then got only 100 million more with my remaining 6 balls. And i lost those last balls in probably 10-15 minutes. I should probably save games but I rarely do that. By the way, i created a guide in this thread. Just scroll up and follow the google docs link.

I've just started with pinball (only been playing for a few days now), and I've been feeling that PvZ is a pretty good table for beginners who are learning the game. The ball seems a little slower than most of my other tables, the missions are pretty clear as to what you need to do, and the table--while beautiful--isn't overly distracting. For someone who is just wrapping her mind around pinball concepts beyond just keeping the ball out of the drain, it's easy to get overwhelmed. It also doesn't hurt that the table is absolutely charming, so it's a fun table to pick when I'm practicing. I love all the ZP2 tables that I've played so far, and they each seem to offer something different. I still get excited when I manage to complete a pretty basic mini mission, or when I start to feel like I might be getting the hang of getting the ball to go in the basic direction that I want. ~.^ PvZ seems to be a good table for honing my skills, so I've been playing a fair bit of it and Mars at the moment.
    Welcome!! I'm glad you like the new table and we hope you stick around! As I'm sure you've already noticed, the community is super friendly and helpful!

PvZ seems to be a good table for honing my skills, so I've been playing a fair bit of it and Mars at the moment.
    Sorcerer's Lair is another table that is great for beginners.

How long did it take you to get? I get bored after about an hour and lose focus. I probably got to around 550 million on my second ball and then got only 100 million more with my remaining 6 balls. And i lost those last balls in probably 10-15 minutes. I should probably save games but I rarely do that. By the way, i created a guide in this thread. Just scroll up and follow the google docs link.
    No idea exactly... I was probably on par with whatever scoring speed you had yourself. Lost a couple of quick ones back to back as i always do too. I am not a fan of saving games because I find I get better as I warm up and play more. Saving a game, you come in cold, and I usually suck and lose rather quickly...

It seems there might be a possible PvZ bug. Has anyone experienced a situation in which you can't collect the "advance the multiplier" reward from the jack-in-the-box after collecting the max 5 extra balls? This was mentioned in the FX2 forum but I personally have not noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Welcome!! I'm glad you like the new table and we hope you stick around! As I'm sure you've already noticed, the community is super friendly and helpful!
    Thank you! It's a fantastic table. All the tables have been lots of fun. This is one of the most friendly forums I've had the pleasure of joining, and their advice is extremely helpful. They've helped me raise my score on this table to 31 million, which is really exciting after only having played pinball itself for around a week.

Sorcerer's Lair is another table that is great for beginners.
    Thanks for the table recommendation! Gave it some solid playing and loved it. I've been trying to pick a single table to concentrate on for practice, so I can get better at missions, multipliers, raising my scores, etc. PvZ and SL are the top two contenders. Both are very approachable with clearcut missions. Plus, they're flat out fun.

I just started playing this game the other day and I must admit I never thought Pinball would be so addictive! It also looks amazing on the Vita; it's incredible. Right now I only have the PvZ table, but I'll definitely be getting more soon. I'm having a lot of trouble tackling the end-boss and was hoping I could get some tips from the veterans (even though I know this table was just released a little bit ago).

When I play against the end-boss, I'm not able to switch the colors of my ball. I noticed in the Google doc in this thread that if you just keep hitting the ball, the plants will eventually spit out the opposite color. I've never been able to get this to work. I did it over 20 times yesterday and I just played again today and I'm running into the same problem. I'll blow up the first iceball from the boss using my flame seed. Then, the boss hurls an ice ball at me; but no matter how many times I hit the fireball with my flame seed, I never get an ice seed from the plants.

Do you guys know if there is something I need to do in order for the plant on the left side to spit my ball out (that's the one that spits out the ice balls)? I've tried hitting into the flower pot, but I'm horrible at it. I've tried practicing from a caught position, but I only get it like 5% of the time. I'm going to keep messing around with the table and see if something triggers it, but I haven't had any luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chems1919 View Post
    I just started playing this game the other day and I must admit I never thought Pinball would be so addictive! It also looks amazing on the Vita; it's incredible. Right now I only have the PvZ table, but I'll definitely be getting more soon. I'm having a lot of trouble tackling the end-boss and was hoping I could get some tips from the veterans (even though I know this table was just released a little bit ago).

When I play against the end-boss, I'm not able to switch the colors of my ball. I noticed in the Google doc in this thread that if you just keep hitting the ball, the plants will eventually spit out the opposite color. I've never been able to get this to work. I did it over 20 times yesterday and I just played again today and I'm running into the same problem. I'll blow up the first iceball from the boss using my flame seed. Then, the boss hurls an ice ball at me; but no matter how many times I hit the fireball with my flame seed, I never get an ice seed from the plants.

Do you guys know if there is something I need to do in order for the plant on the left side to spit my ball out (that's the one that spits out the ice balls)? I've tried hitting into the flower pot, but I'm horrible at it. I've tried practicing from a caught position, but I only get it like 5% of the time. I'm going to keep messing around with the table and see if something triggers it, but I haven't had any luck so far.
    Hitting that flower pot is unfortunately what you need to do to change the ball There are a few other tables where you will need to be able to pull those kind of shots off including e.g. Wolverine, Captain America and Infinity Gauntlet (opposite side). On most tables you have to pull off shots like that. The main tip I can give with regards to hitting difficult shots is to bring your ball to a complete stop on the flipper, let it role off and then time it from the end of the flipper. If you have a moving ball, you obviously have more factors to content with.

On PvsZ remember your specials (chilli and cherry bombs) to get you out of trouble and rather just focus on the ball changing and hitting the fire/ice ball. Most times the ricochet will hit many of the zombies anyway. The specials in case you haven't used them before is like a bomb that take a bunch of zombies out at the right time. You'll see them lined up on the left hand side of the screen underneath the left flipper and they are used by pressing the launch button when the ball is where you want it to have effect. There is more to it (waiting for a light to blink etc.) but it works in most cases when you need it to. Also remember to have you kickbacks activated (Shoot a couple of orbits to light the kickback in the centre hole) because ricochets from hitting zombies can go anywhere and the right outline is like a magnet.

I'm a Pinball FX 2 player but am at the moment following the Zen Pinball 2 thread as I am keen to know how they differ etc. You are welcome to follow my signature, there you will find some new player tips and loads of other mind dribbles that I have had over the two years that I have been playing Pinball FX 2.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by chems1919 View Post

There's most likely an award that is involved with that trick (such as grabbing a certain number of seeds or coins). I don't know what triggers it though.

The last game I played on the PS3, the ball kept on switching to the opposite every time it blew up and was relaunched (via the plant). I got the trophy without ever hitting the flower pot hole once.

Thanks for the help everyone; I was finally able to beat it! *Phew* That was intense for me. I finally got decent at hitting the flower pot and tore it up. I was scared at one point because zombies were near the "welcome" mat and my ball was still orbiting around at the top of the table, but I was able to kill them off as soon as the ball came down to my flippers. Now I'm tempted to see how many points I can get on this table. I got around $230 million on a previous run, but I've been focusing on beating the wizard mode (and not trying to get high scores).

I love this game! I'm going to buy more tables later tonight.

There's most likely an award that is involved with that trick (such as grabbing a certain number of seeds or coins). I don't know what triggers it though.

The last game I played on the PS3, the ball kept on switching to the opposite every time it blew up and was relaunched (via the plant). I got the trophy without ever hitting the flower pot hole once.
    I noticed it did this for the 3rd and 4th hit. The first 2 you have to hit the 'pot/seed' hole. Also even after I got 5 extra balls, I still got a 2x multiplier but not sure how I did that. I'm done with this table. Games are way too long to get 550m. Finally beat doctor Zombot I'm not sure why it took me so long to do so.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I noticed it did this for the 3rd and 4th hit. The first 2 you have to hit the 'pot/seed' hole.
    I'm pretty sure this happened to me last night when beating Dr. Zomboss. Overall a fairly easy but fun table, the graphics and sounds are spot on.
    psn: janduin68

Hey all,

Does anyone know how to increase the bonus? Not the multiplier, but the bonus itself. Is it just a function of playing and scoring, or is there a way to deliberately increase it, so you get a bigger bonus when you finally drain?

Also, does the jackpot reset itself after each ball? I swear in a couple of games I'd increased the jackpot amount to 500k and then later in the game, it was back to 200k.

Also, extra balls keep you at your current ball count (1, 2 or 3)... if jackpots and multipliers do reset on the next ball, do extra balls (and keeping your ball count) preserve them?

Occasionally I've had terrific runs where I wind up with a giant end of ball bonus, but not generally.

Edit: Thanks Shoryuken for the tons of work on the great guide

Near as i can tell, the secret to big scores is just getting good at multiball, increasing the jackpot through fertilizer bonus, and shooting tons of jackpots followed by a super jackpot; repeat. Would you guys agree?

Still practicing.... My best score is now about 250 Million. I lose focus after longer sessions (half hour plus) and make dumb mistakes, and feel I'm a ways from the leaderboard on any table...that'll require me to play an hour, hour and a half. But all in all, still having a good time. Spent a fair bit of time with PvZ as well as World War Hulk.
    Last edited by haha_dead; 09-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.

The PvZ guide is posted on our blog! Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by haha_dead View Post

Also, extra balls keep you at your current ball count (1, 2 or 3)... if jackpots and multipliers do reset on the next ball, do extra balls (and keeping your ball count) preserve them?

Edit: Thanks Shoryuken for the tons of work on the great guide

Near as i can tell, the secret to big scores is just getting good at multiball, increasing the jackpot through fertilizer bonus, and shooting tons of jackpots followed by a super jackpot; repeat. Would you guys agree?
    Thanks for the kind words;

Regarding the Extra Ball question nope the Jackpots etc. don't carry over, The Jackpots still are iffy to me since it seems even once you raise the Jackpot then you collect the Jackpot... it then seems to reset the Jackpot award back to its starting position.

I think getting highscores is dependant on attaining the Gatling Pea from Crazy Dave asap, secondly you could buy the Watering Can from Cazy Dave... after which you can then rinse and repeat the Missions and Multiballs

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin