Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Plants Vs. Zombies Thread

Default Official Plants Vs. Zombies Thread

Okay,just finished my first game.Played for about 40 minutes, scoring about 105 million. This is going to be an extremely fun table to master. I like this one a lot better than Epic Quest. Way to go Zen, superior work as usual. Can't wait til tomorrow so I can play it on 360!
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

wtf

addon isn't showing up for me.

much hate brah.. much hate...

I bought it on PS3.

So much of the audio is ripped from the actual game, which I'm so glad of. The zombie multi ball is a blast, makes you think you're actually playing PvsZ!

wonder if i've gotta delete that file like i had to do last time for it to pop up.

lasvegas... you on 360 or ps3?

*edit*
    bah, should learn how to read before i ask. NVM

My wife just played and got 5 extra balls,lol.

Default What a fun table

Guys, you are all in for a treat with this table. It's a blast and there is so much going on. If you're a fan of multi-balls you'll love this table.

Great visuals, sound effects. Just a blast. Played it twice so far on Xbox. first time 27 million. Second time I did this.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...svsZombies.jpg

=D

Probably one of my top 3 tables so far.

Epic Quest is going to be a tough one to knock off the top spot,a nd world War Hulk is another of my favorites.

i KNOW this isn't on the 360 yet. Because none of those names are anything as ridiculous as they are on the 360. There's no "420" or "sniperkilla" in the name, or bordered with xXX on each end...

Default Xbox it is

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    i KNOW this isn't on the 360 yet. Because none of those names are anything as ridiculous as they are on the 360. There's no "420" or "sniperkilla" in the name, or bordered with xXX on each end...
    It is indeed on Xbox. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WildMN34 View Post
    It is indeed on Xbox. lol
    well damn... guess i've gotta go delete that file.

Because i refuse to believe that none of those names have 420 in it.........

Haha I've seen some pretty ridiculous names on PSN!

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    So much of the audio is ripped from the actual game, which I'm so glad of. The zombie multi ball is a blast, makes you think you're actually playing PvsZ!
    Yep, we used mostly original sound effect from PvZ, the only thing was that game has no dialogue! So we made our own

well this is annoying.

It's not showing up for me, and i deleted the saved tables file from my system, reloaded... nothing.

well this is annoying.

It's not showing up for me, and i deleted the saved tables file from my system, reloaded... nothing.

What's not showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    What's not showing up?
    the new table.

the new table.
    Whoa that is a first, did ZP2 download okay? Can you see other tables?

Whoa that is a first, did ZP2 download okay? Can you see other tables?
    this is on the 360 btw, so through fx2 xbla. All my other tables are there. I had to do that "delete the saved tables" file trick to get the avengers pack to pop up for me to download as well.

Figured that was this was the case considering the above he said he was playing on the 360. So deleted that file, rebooted my system. Loaded up the game... nothing.

Even searched via the games/arcade/addon menu -> pbfx2, nothing.

maybe thanos is pissed off at me or something
    and yea, all the other tables i've purchased are there in the menu. so that's not a problem.

Default What system

the new table.
    Hey DarkKodiak,

Are you looking for it on Xbox? If so it's not officially released on the Xbox Marketplace until tomorrow.

the new table.
    Try buying it from the PS Store directly. The game should detect the purchase once you start it up again.

this is on the 360 btw, so through fx2 xbla. All my other tables are there. I had to do that "delete the saved tables" file trick to get the avengers pack to pop up for me to download as well.

Figured that was this was the case considering the above he said he was playing on the 360. So deleted that file, rebooted my system. Loaded up the game... nothing.

Even searched via the games/arcade/addon menu -> pbfx2, nothing.

maybe thanos is pissed off at me or something
    and yea, all the other tables i've purchased are there in the menu. so that's not a problem.
    Oh yep, that's why. You can thank Mr. Las Vegas for posting this thread a day early and confusing the crap out of you (and me).

Oh yep, that's why. You can thank Mr. Las Vegas for posting this thread a day early and confusing the crap out of you (and me).
    urge to maim rising.........

or flip a table...

Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 09-05-2012 at 04:33 AM.

I need this game.

LOL, I thought I was pretty clear that I was playing it on PS3. In fact kodiak knew from reading my orginal post a second time that I wa splaying it on PS3, even stating that the 360 release is tomorrow as well. LOL, not sure how much more simply I could have explained it. Oh well, you're gonna love this table!
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 09-05-2012 at 05:00 AM.

I know most of the tips and strategies will be posted her on the Xbox Forums.

I think the table is very unique. I love it but I don't like the fact that the games are taking so long to actually finish. I feel the balls/peas are to easy to keep in play. There are some times I have multiball that last for almost 10 minutes. It will take getting used to what scores well and what doesn't.

I mentioned in a PS3 thread that the missions were troublesome but no longer. I think the missions are a but easier than I thought. The only trouble I have is the final Zombot mission so close to getting him though. Over all solid table but I still like Avengers Chronicles much better.

Not a bad table but not much playability. My first game I managed to get 5 extra balls (on the first ball) and finish the wizard mode (beat the Zombot) and got to the bonus scoring multi-ball without really trying. The game took me an hour and a half and I basically got bored with it. I'll probably play it only a couple more times to try and get a billion and that will be it. There is not even one difficult mission including the Wizard mode.

So... if you are a big fan of Ms. Splosion Man marathon session games this table is for you. Just too easy. Come on Zen... please ramp up the difficulty a bit. I for one don't want marathon sessions, I'll rather play lots of shorter games where I can repeatedly try to improve. The real tables from Pinball Arcade is mostly playing like that... if only they had your physics engine and graphics it would have been perfect.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    So... if you are a big fan of Ms. Splosion Man marathon session games this table is for you. Just too easy. Come on Zen... please ramp up the difficulty a bit. I for one don't want marathon sessions, I'll rather play lots of shorter games where I can repeatedly try to improve. The real tables from Pinball Arcade is mostly playing like that... if only they had your physics engine and graphics it would have been perfect.
    I wasn't feeling the demo, and I'm also not a fan of hour-long games. This will likely be the first table I skip. Still, there is much to be happy about with ZP2, everything feels new. Now it's time to add more tables to my PS3.

I'll have to disagree on the physics though... I'm kind of glad that TPA feels different (a bit more realistic to me). Try trapping a ball on a real machine... it's nowhere near as easy as with Zen tables. The ball will often roll off the flipper IRL and need to be hit or will drain. Neither feels perfect but I'm glad to have both. I think physics somewhere in the middle would be best.
    Last edited by muffin mang; 09-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.

I like the table but it was a bit too easy. I played 1 game that took over an hour and I beat the wizard mode. I didn't even really learn the basics of the table that well. I just kept the ball in play and shot the flashing lanes, etc. I got 5 extra balls and I don't even know how I got a single one of them. I'm sure I'll play it a few more times but I don't really have much left to accomplish and I never even read the rule sheet yet. But it's a fun table and most players will probably not have a problem with the difficulty level.

We have plenty of hard tables in the new Marvel pack. Every table should not be extremely hard and a struggle. They would not be fun then.

Play Ironman, lol ! Tesla will be difficult for most players at first. Can't wait to play it on ZPB-2. later
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

We have plenty of hard tables in the new Marvel pack. Every table should not be extremely hard and a struggle. They would not be fun then.
    This is so true, Zen so far for me have managed to perform this Balancing Act very well....... lol you can only ask for a harder Table if you have beaten Ultimo on Iron Man... heheh I kid.

Anyone here knows where I can find a HD Overhead Image of the PvZ Table?
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 09-05-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

well this is a fun little table.

almost finished the last boss first time, really hate trying to hit that hole to switch up between water/fire. Really easy to get extra balls. This table is going to be one of those "marathon" playing tables.

This table is too easy and I'm starting to get a bit bored with doing the same Multiball over and over as the ramp is way to easy to hit. I do understand that they want to bring in more pinball players to enjoy Zen pinball and PVZ i one of trendy games that people can identify with.

I just wish it was a bit more challenging and not one of those marathon tables. I was up late night playing every table and ended up playing another round of PvZ and was on my first ball for what felt like nearly 30 minutes till I told myself to go to bed. Score ins't high but I still have 3 extra balls on top of that. It's a good thing I can save the game where I left off.

Definitely very long games but at least the challenge increases as you carry on. After beating the Wizard mode once the Zombies becomes tougher to beat. It is not going to be so easy to beat a Billion than what I first thought. Was on a good game and should probably have saved while I was ahead and carry on tomorrow, but inevitably I carried on too long. Ah well... will give it another good shot tomorrow. Unfortunately my initial feelings still holds true... even though it plays really nicely, once you set a decent score after a couple of hours of playing, it will then just become way too daunting to try and beat that score again (similar to Ms. Splosion Man) and you will end up never playing the table again.

Still though one of the best ways to spend $3

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

I'm trying to figure out the super jackpot scoring. At times I get a whopping 4m and other I get 700k for them. I'm wondering if you want to shoot as many regular jackpots until only the super Jackpot light flashes.

I really like the table. I was top 5 for a short while on Xbox, ahh how proud! Haven't checked my position since then, but less than 300,000,000 so I will definitely have slipped. Don't mind longer games, I like to mix it up. Haven't reached Wizard because of that bloody zombie footballer!

just did 509 million, good for 10th overall.

btw, how the hell do you increase the multiplyer? is it just random from the jack in the box? or do you just have to keep hitting the bumpers?

I'm still having trouble trying to beat the last boss... he's becoming quite annoying, especially when you've gotta hit that flower pot hole to switch up from water to fire.

Shots that have to be made so near to the bottom bumpers I find really difficult. I have the same trouble hitting this as I do hitting the cave in Epic Quest. Does anyone have any general tips for making those shots? 9:10 I either fly up the nearby ramp or hit the bumper itself.

Just played my first round and I'm loving it, great new table. I only scored about 18 Mil. so tomorrow I'm gonna try for a better score.

Great work, Zen Studios!!!

Thank you!!!

If TPA had Zen's physics, it wouldn't be like real pinball anymore.

The zombie footballer is the only guy I can't beat.

One more thing: the Achievement was way too easy, unlocked it after about 5 minutes...

Lightbulb PvZ Table Guide

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone can get a HD Overhead Image of the Table that would be sweet.

Time to kick some Zombie Guide Writing Ass!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone can get a HD Overhead Image of the Table that would be sweet.

Time to kick some Zombie Guide Writing Ass!

Don't bother writing a guide. Write a song instead. Much more substance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataeus View Post
    Shots that have to be made so near to the bottom bumpers I find really difficult. I have the same trouble hitting this as I do hitting the cave in Epic Quest. Does anyone have any general tips for making those shots? 9:10 I either fly up the nearby ramp or hit the bumper itself.
    Shooting these lower shots is something you just need to practice. Wolverine is one that come to mind where it can make the difference between a short game and a game that can lasts for hours. Apart from just practising the best advice that I can give is to first bring the ball to a stop on the right flipper by trapping it, let it roll and then shoot. In this way you will have much more control of the shot. Off course in Pinball FX 2 you can make good use of the nudge to get the ball over quickly from the left flipper to the right to trap it, especially during the Wizard mode.

I didn't pay good attention, but I am pretty sure that the Wizard mode don't have to be beaten in one go. If you only shoot one or two fire on water or visa versa out of the required 4. When you start it up again you only need to shoot the last remaining and not all 4. I'll check it now again when I play to confirm.

Multiplier... apart from the bumpers, I haven't really paid attention. I have had it up to about 6 times and my end of ball bonus was big so it will definitely be worthwhile. I'll see if I can figure it out as well.

Again with the Jackpots... I think by hitting loops/ramps other than the jackpot ramps you build it up with 200 points at a time. The super jackpot is double of all the jackpots you have scored since you last hit the super jackpot. I have scored like a 12 million before. Will see if I can figure it out better as well.

Zen thank you for putting the table overheads for this table as well as the rule sheet on your pinball fx 2 web-site again... for the latest Marvel tables you only did it for some I think. Now you can even download the overhead . It is much easier to go through the rule sheet there than during the game... well for me at least because I becomes impatient and want to play too quickly again if I'm in the game.

I have sounded quite negative about the table so far but it is a brilliant table... it is just the long games required that is a frustration for me. I just don't have time any more to put 5 hours into a single game. Too much "life"that needs to be lived
    Last edited by Cloda; 09-06-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Now you can even download the overhead .
    Man I must be blind, just saw this after you brought my attention to it.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

First impressions : Oooh, I'm a little bit disappointed, and wonder which way take Zen Studios.

Since Pinball FX2 Origins, we don't have any tables with real challenges. The difficulty is really decreasing on FX2 tables : Excalibur (hard), Earth Defense (hard), Rome / Pasha / Biolab / SOTD (middle), Mars (middle) Sorcerer's Lair (middle) ... then Ms Splosion Man (easy), Epic Quest (very easy), Plants (too easy)... On Marvel Pinball, the challenge is different for each tables in a same period. There are easy AND difficult tables both.

On Plants : structure, missions and atmosphere remind me Ms Splosion Man and Epic Quest (two tables I like less). There are good ideas in the missions, but not for the 3 multiballs. The only difference is in their activation, but goals are exactly the same for all three (so why 3 ??) That makes a boring gameplay, and take just a ramp to enable multiballs is really annoying.

I understand that sometimes you have to lower the difficulty, specially for licenses, to find new players, etc. But you shouldn't make too easy tables just for this reason : I became addicted by performing hard challenges, with FX2. Otherwise, you'll find new players who have purchased a table, will play once... and return to other occupations. Sorry but if I'd discovered FX2 with Plants, I wouldn't have bought the other tables, and missed everything !

In my opinion, Marvel quality tables increases, and decreases for Pinball FX2. Zen is more inspired with Marvel tables ? (Fear itself, Infinity Gauntle, Avengers... tables really different !)
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    First impressions : Oooh, I'm a little bit disappointed, and wonder which way take Zen Studios.

Since Pinball FX2 Origins, we don't have any tables with real challenges. The difficulty is really decreasing on FX2 tables : Excalibur (hard), Earth Defense (hard), Rome / Pasha / Biolab / SOTD (middle), Mars (middle) Sorcerer's Lair (middle) ... then Ms Splosion Man (easy), Epic Quest (very easy), Plants (too easy)... On Marvel Pinball, the challenge is different for each tables in a same period. There are easy AND difficult tables both.

On Plants : structure, missions and atmosphere remind me Ms Splosion Man and Epic Quest (two tables I like less). There are good ideas in the missions, but not for the 3 multiballs. The only difference is in their activation, but goals are exactly the same for all three (so why 3 ??) That makes a boring gameplay, and take just a ramp to enable multiballs is really annoying.

I understand that sometimes you have to lower the difficulty, specially for licenses, to find new players, etc. But you shouldn't make too easy tables just for this reason : I became addicted by performing hard challenges, with FX2. Otherwise, you'll find new players who have purchased a table, will play once... and return to other occupations. Sorry but if I'd discovered FX2 with Plants, I wouldn't have bought the other tables, and missed everything !

In my opinion, Marvel quality tables increases, and decreases for Pinball FX2. Zen is more inspired with Marvel tables ? (Fear itself, Infinity Gauntle, Avengers... tables really different !)

I understand what you mean about some tables being "easy". However, if every table is extremely tough, then people would be turned off. Zen is doing a great job by balancing that. Before the PvZ, the Avenger's Pack has some pretty tough challenges. Especially Fear Itself. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be a good idea to cater to one audience (pinball guys/gals who love extreme challenges) and ignore the casual crowd who can potentially become a pinballaholic!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Some of my initial impressions:

- too easy to keep the game going on a long time (even taking into account comments that we should have variety of difficulties). The difficulties of the missions themselves (e.g. football guy) are okay.

- need to decrease the gap between the flippers, it's almost large enough to let the ball pass through /sarcasm

- wow, lots of multiball on this table. I played 2 games so far, and I think I was in multiball mode more often than I was in single ball mode!

- some of the voice work bugs me a bit, especially "thanks, Chomper", and "C-c-c-combo!". There's not nearly so much english sound effects in the original PvZ game from what I recall, and I think hearing it takes away from the experience somewhat.

- I love Crazy Dave's car, and the sound effects when you hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I understand what you mean about some tables being "easy". However, if every table is extremely tough, then people would be turned off. Zen is doing a great job by balancing that. Before the PvZ, the Avenger's Pack has some pretty tough challenges. Especially Fear Itself. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be a good idea to cater to one audience (pinball guys/gals who love extreme challenges) and ignore the casual crowd who can potentially become a pinballaholic!
    I think most of us understand that and it's true that PvZ is one of those titles that can bring more players to this wonderful genre. I am disappointed only because of the ease of getting multiball and the repetitiveness of that aspect of the gameplay. Overall it's a good theme and table.

I'm also wondering if maybe we're missing something. Maybe the table has more depth that we realize. I'm still wondering on how the jackpots increase and how sometimes My super jackpots are 1.2 m and others can be 10m or more. Also wondering if using the different types of peas (torchwood, Freeze) can influence the scores.

As far as difficulty Zen has indeed done a nice balance of easy and hard tables. AC pack is very much like that. Fear Itself is a difficult table but the ideas behind it are well done.

Epic Quest although easy and repetitive is still one of my top ten favorites. It's charm (Max) and the fact that you level as you play is the only thing that keeps me coming back. I haven't played in a while only because I have been waiting for ZP2.

Anyway I can analyze all the table as far as difficulty but I don't want to go into that. All I know is my favs are tables like Iron Man and Fear Itself.

I hit the ball to the right of the "kick back hole" , it went through and came out the left side as usual and said my jackpot had been raised.

Wow I still can't beat the Wizard Mode, its mainly that far left shot always gets me. Best I had was it down to 4/1. Im sure il do it, maybe im thinking too much.. I tend to want to beat the Wizard Mode of a Table then go for a High Score.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Wow I still can't beat the Wizard Mode, its mainly that far left shot always gets me. Best I had was it down to 4/1. Im sure il do it, maybe im thinking too much.. I tend to want to beat the Wizard Mode of a Table then go for a High Score.
    Hey you're not alone. I think for how easy the table is that shot is probably the toughest. It will happen.

I lost my ball twice on the final mode, but luckily I had the seed save active, and Chomper spat out the correct ball for me both times XD

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Hey you're not alone. I think for how easy the table is that shot is probably the toughest. It will happen.
    Yeh thats so true, funny enough I found Epic Quests Cave Sinkhole far easier to hit... Guess the different Balls throw you off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I lost my ball twice on the final mode, but luckily I had the seed save active, and Chomper spat out the correct ball for me both times XD
    Ahaha thats an awesome bit of luck there, il laugh if this will be the only Wizard Mode I can't do.... NO I WILL BEAT IT!

My high is about 320 Million... wonder what the Wizard Mode pays out?
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 09-07-2012 at 02:03 AM.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Wow I still can't beat the Wizard Mode, its mainly that far left shot always gets me.
    Same here, but I only played one game so far.

Question 3 balls only?

Cool table, just purchased for xbox. But why are almost all the newer tables three balls? If I remember correctly, almost all the Marvel tables are three balls. Unless of course you go into the settings and modify, but then your high score wont be tracked online.

All pinball tables have the standard 3 balls. Some tables have a different amount of extra balls. Is that what you were talking about?

Wizard mode isn't so difficult, if you forget the zombies and only shoot the ice/fire ball.
    There's only 4 balls and you should change your ball each time.
    And use your specials by hitting launch button to shoot zombies if they come.

Then take the Superjackpot ramp to kick the robot, and start a 3-balls mode, where each ramp give 1 million.

after wizard mode is defeated, the difficulty increases in all missions. Don't cry wolf so early

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    after wizard mode is defeated, the difficulty increases in all missions. Don't cry wolf so early
    True... pretty difficult to go through a second Wizard mode. I have done it a couple of times and have fallen short of a third time also a couple of times. I am going to have to work hard at this to get a Billion.

Has anyone figured out how to increase the damn multipliers... it will make a big difference to the scoring if it can be raised.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

no idea, I just skimmed through the rule-sheet last night to figure out how to change the mission ramp!!
    What are sun & money for, etc?

There's a bug on the multipliers : "Little devil" give no more awards after we've won 5 extraballs... So it's simply impossible to reach x10. Many bugs Zen, tooooo many bugs !! Please take more time to test your tables, or create a beta-team (if you do, I'm in ! )

Another problem which is really recurring with your tables: the scoring system.

You should pay more the main missions, or pay attention to other points. Here in Plants, missions have no interest, cause multiballs (too easy to activate) give more points ! The gameplay originality is all deleted because of that. All your good ideas. I can't believe you wanted the main goal of Plants was just playing multiballs all the time...

This is not the first time that scores are soaring, because of a little thing, at the expense of the main missions that should normaly be the real goal of each table. Please, take care of that... Remember Pasha, Rome, Biolab, X-Men, Blade, Wolverine tables... Pleaaaaase !

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    There's a bug on the multipliers : "Little devil" give no more awards after we've won 5 extraballs... So it's simply impossible to reach x10. Many bugs Zen, tooooo many bugs !! Please take more time to test your tables, or create a beta-team (if you do, I'm in ! )

Another problem which is really recurring with your tables: the scoring system.

You should pay more the main missions, or pay attention to other points. Here in Plants, missions have no interest, cause multiballs (too easy to activate) give more points ! The gameplay originality is all deleted because of that. All your good ideas. I can't believe you wanted the main goal of Plants was just playing multiballs all the time...

This is not the first time that scores are soaring, because of a little thing, at the expense of the main missions that should normaly be the real goal of each table. Please, take care of that... Remember Pasha, Rome, Biolab, X-Men, Blade, Wolverine tables... Pleaaaaase !

Man, that sucks! 5 extra balls happen in the first couple of minutes... no wonder I could never figure out how to increase the multipliers! Well done for figuring it out - now I will at least try not to figure it out further. The multi ball is super boring after one or two times... I can't and wont do it as a scoring strategy. I have figured that I need to play through Wizard mode 4 times to get a Billion and when I get a Billion it will be in that way.

I agree with your tables mentioned for their scoring balance except for Biolab and Rome... Biolab you can build your clone multiball bonus throughout the game and off course Rome has the Romulus multiball scoring imbalance. Some of my favourite tables scoring wise is Fantastic 4 and Mars.
    Last edited by Cloda; 09-07-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

no idea, I just skimmed through the rule-sheet last night to figure out how to change the mission ramp!!
    Change the Mission Ramp?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Number 4 in the World now with 968 million, wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Keep the high scorers coming please Zen.

Number 4 in the World now with 968 million, wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Keep the high scorers coming please Zen.
    Well done! I have been stuck on around 600mil... no reason why I shouldn't be doing better. I just seem to get to a point where I start losing balls for no apparent reason after I have kept a ball alive for an half an hour at least. Probably got to do with the ball ricocheting of the Zombies with the cones and buckets and not going where I expect them to go... have to pay more attention to that I guess.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Default multipliers

I got the multiplier up to X4 in one game but im not sure what caused it. Most of my games it stays at X1.
    Anyone know what the R.I.P Targets do?

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid User View Post
    It starts up a lone zombie walk.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-08-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Yeah that happens to me sometimes cloda. But usually I lose a ball from shooting towards a ramp or sun sinkhole and it just nips the side or something, then just shoots SDTM. I should of had well over a billion. When that multiplier bug gets fixed I think the scores are really gonna start getting nasty.

money is what you get from killing zombies. Use the money to buy upgrades when the crazy dave drives out.

Sun is for planting seeds into the middle of the playfield.
    You gotta hit that difficult ass left hole shot in order to plant seeds. When you hit the spinner, it will change what plants are available to you when you hit that hole. You'll want to have a lot of potato mines and squashes when you get to the last boss. Same for the fog mode and the welcome party mission i think.

I wish i remember how i "activated" the cherry mines and the chilis. Did it once and had no clue on how to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid User View Post
    I got the multiplier up to X4 in one game but im not sure what caused it. Most of my games it stays at X1.
    I'm STILL trying to figure out how to get the multiplier up. Only ever had it at 4x as well once. Got those bonuses out of the jack in the box random thing by hitting the bumpers.

I've also noticed sometimes on kickback or ball save drains, the ball pops up as what you need it to be without hitting that hole first.

But yea, hitting that hole to begin with is a gigantic pain in the butt. Last couple times i played i basically ignored trying to get a good score (too many multiball ) and just focused on hitting that left hole consistently.

I wish i remember how i "activated" the cherry mines and the chilis. Did it once and had no clue on how to do it again.
    It's called a 'magna save' and there is a target just bellow the middle ramp next the sun sinkhole. I'm not sure how many times you hit to get a mangna save. there is a magnet sign to the left of the welcome mat. If it's lit a magna save is available and you press the launch button to activate it.

The cherry bombs and chille peppers on next to the left kick-back are used as the magna save tells you what you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    It's called a 'magna save' and there is a target just bellow the middle ramp next the sun sinkhole. I'm not sure how many times you hit to get a mangna save. there is a magnet sign to the left of the welcome mat. If it's lit a magna save is available and you press the launch button to activate it.

The cherry bombs and chille peppers on next to the left kick-back are used as the magna save tells you what you can use.
    The cherry bombs and chilli peppers are "specials". You can use them to remove a bunch of zombies at a time if you time it right by pressing the launch button at the right time. There where your ball is when you press the launch button, is where the zombies will be affected.

The magna save is only ever on for a couple of seconds. Each time you hit the magna save button it flickers for a few seconds and then you can use it.

The rule sheet explains everything very nicely with regards to the magna save etc. If only it said anything about the multipliers

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Damn ...i was starting to feel stupid cause I couldn't figure out how to increase the multipliers. And now I discover they are bugged....ah ah ah! Nice table all the same, but I can't understand how players spot bugs in the first day of the release while the testing team misses them after a probably long period of control .

Inviato dal mio LG-E610 con Tapatalk 2
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Well they are either not tested. Or tested by people not familiar with pinball.
    I think we are the testers. Same thing FarSight Studios does.

Well... then they should not take months before they fix the bugs. Fantastic 4 is the best/worst example so far where the high scores will forever be marred by a bug.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Yeah, especially a HUGE bug like the multipliers. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Question Green ball

This table is really fun with it's multiball, but I really have an issue with the green tint on the balls. The balls don't appear to be rotating, and just slide across the surface. The balls just have an offset green tint highlight, which looks pretty bad. The color gradation is not smooth at all. Looks like they only used 3 different green colors from the palette to make the ball highlight.

Can Zen put a more glossy look to the balls, and also add some flaws to them, so we can see that they are actually rolling around? They appear to be sliding for me. other tables are just fine with their silver and other color balls. I have a 58" HDTV with extended color and have xbox set to the extended color range as well.

Vegas, they are tested. You know that. We do a lot of testing in the studio, but with any game, we can't catch and fix every single one before release. It's just not possible especially since our team is still quite small.

Vegas, they are tested. You know that. We do a lot of testing in the studio, but with any game, we can't catch and fix every single one before release. It's just not possible especially since our team is still quite small.
    This has been discussed so many times, especially when Fantastic 4 and Paranormal were both being released full of bugs. In general the quality of the tables with regards to bugs have improved tremendously. My concern, and I know many of the other players concern as well, is when certain major, game changing bugs, make it through to the final release. Recent examples are the Black Widow drain on Avengers and now the no multiplier bug on PvsZ. Both those bugs will have a big influence in scoring if they are ever fixed but at least unlike Fantastic 4, it will lead to improved scores. I think the big gripe is that these major bugs are usually picked up by the players on the forum often within the first day after release and then the feeling is that it could have been avoided especially as it takes months before any bug fixes are likely to be implemented.

My suggestion has always been to have a beta release to some of the top players on the forums who you know will be able to test the tables limits in a short time... not just for bugs but also for scoring balance. If it is done correctly there is no chance that the cat will be let out of the bag with regards to secrecy around a new release etc. If not this, please consider doing something else to avoid these costly bugs... it really leaves a bad taste in the mouth and completely destroy the potential enjoyment of a table that is otherwise top notch.
    Last edited by Cloda; 09-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cool Wizard Mode DEFEATED!!!

Time for some self gratification - Just did Wizard Mode twice in the same game.

BTW seems on the Wizard Mode that if you hit the Projectile with the same coloured Ball you will then have a 50-50 chance of it exploding the Ball, thus giving you the correct opposite Ball i.e you hit the Ice Projectile with the Ice Ball.... then the Ball explodes and the game shoots out a Fire Ball.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

This has been discussed so many times, especially when Fantastic 4 and Paranormal were both being released full of bugs. In general the quality of the tables with regards to bugs have improved tremendously. My concern, and I know many of the other players concern as well, is when certain major, game changing bugs, make it through to the final release. Recent examples are the Black Widow drain on Avengers and now the no multiplier bug on PvsZ. Both those bugs will have a big influence in scoring if they are ever fixed but at least unlike Fantastic 4, it will lead to improved scores. I think the big gripe is that these major bugs are usually picked up by the players on the forum often within the first day after release and then the feeling is that it could have been avoided especially as it takes months before any bug fixes are likely to be implemented.
    I totally agree with everything Cloda has said. I don't know if a beta program is feasible but it is something that should be considered. Yes, I know the teams are small but companies do exist who bug test for a fee. HOWEVER, plenty of top players have said they would LOVE to do it for free. Zen should seriously consider taking them up on it in some way, shape or form.

@Cloda: What is the no multiplier bug? I know the multiplier can be raised as a random jack-in-the-box reward. Do you mean that there is no other way to raise the multiplier other than a random reward? I would say that is more poor design than a bug. Or do you mean something else?

@Shory: You should of read that guide I sent you. That technique was already in there ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    @Cloda: What is the no multiplier bug? I know the multiplier can be raised as a random jack-in-the-box reward. Do you mean that there is no other way to raise the multiplier other than a random reward? I would say that is more poor design than a bug. Or do you mean something else?

@Shory: You should of read that guide I sent you. That technique was already in there ;-)
    Once you have achieved the maximum of 5 extra balls per game, the multiplier stops increasing for the rest of the game. If extra balls weren't so easy to acquire it would not have been such an issue. I usually only get multipliers on my first ball, after that no more

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

So you can't collect the advance the multiplier reward from the jack-in-the-box after collecting the max 5 extra balls? Has this been confirmed? I may be wrong but the last PvZ game I played I thought I collected all 5 extra balls on my first ball. And then on my second ball raised the multipliers to x8 before draining that ball. I may have miscounted though. And I am on ZP2 not FX2 so I'm not sure if it is platform specific. I'll ask about this on the ZP2 PvZ thread and see if anyone can confirm this.

Yes it's confirmed. There is NO way you got 8x. Maybe the PS3 version isn't bugged, not sure. I only played that version a few times.

I volunteer to play new and old tables for endless hours without work or kids. Will work for beer. Does a software engineering degree have any leverage?
    Last edited by caper_26; 09-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Yeah, big or small, whoever missed the multip[lier bug missed a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE bug. LMFAO.

Funny enough I just read it, nice work this helped me get a Whirlwind start on the Guide... im about 3/4 of the way into my Guide. Just got the Multiball Modes and Brainz Missions/Wizard Mode to write out.

Im correct in thinking that the Multiball Modes just require you to hit the Jackpot Ramps to collect/raise Jackpot & the Super Jackpot is the cross Ramp? I need to double check that... defo know that its like that for Mail Multiball.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

@LV: Must be an FX2 only bug. I played a game last night and was meticulous in counting the extra balls. I collected 4 extra balls on my first ball and 1 final one on my second ball. I was able to raise the multiplier to at least x2 on each subsequent ball.

@Shory: During the Zomboss final mode, I did not realize if you hit the giant fireball with the fireball pinball and the pinball gets destroyed, it is random which ball type gets ejected. I guess I got lucky in my previous games because the opposite/"correct" ball always seemed to pop up for me except on my last game. I shot a giant fireball 5 times and every time another fireball came out and I failed the mission. Started up the mission again and every ball that got destroyed the opposite one popped out so I got lucky that go around. Seems to be pretty random what type of ball comes out.

@Cloda: Thanks for the info about the specials. I thought they were bugged because I could not activate them with consistency. Indeed the special can only be activated if the special is light is flashing and if your pinball is near a zombie when you activate it.

@Shory: During the Zomboss final mode, I did not realize if you hit the giant fireball with the fireball pinball and the pinball gets destroyed, it is random which ball type gets ejected. I guess I got lucky in my previous games because the opposite/"correct" ball always seemed to pop up for me except on my last game. I shot a giant fireball 5 times and every time another fireball came out and I failed the mission. Started up the mission again and every ball that got destroyed the opposite one popped out so I got lucky that go around. Seems to be pretty random what type of ball comes out.
    Same thing happened to me. I'm beginning to wonder if a certain reward causes this effect.

Always good to read everyones thoughts on a new table.

Dont think I will pick this one up. The single table releases all seem to be on the easy side and once again with an annoying bug thrown in.

Alipan, you don't buy any of the new tables do you? Did you buy the new Marvel pack?

Exclamation PvZ Guide Done but Jackpots still confuse me

Yep thats right ive completed my PvZ Guide, it clocks in at about 5,200 or so Words.

Look out for it soon!

Altho im still baffed about raising the Jackpot awards - I guess that its by hitting the non lit Ramps/Orbits then hitting the lit Jackpot/Super Jackpot lanes or its either that or continuely hit the Jackpot lanes.. but one time it gave 2 Million then 1 Million in the same Multiball Mode...

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Maybe you collected fertilizer bonus for raising the jackpot? I always have trouble looking at the dmd during multiballs to see which shots raise the jackpot unless it specifically states it before the multiball starts.

Alipan, you don't buy any of the new tables do you? Did you buy the new Marvel pack?
    No I don't have the latest marvel pack either. Been on a bit of a break from pinball the last 2-3 months suffering from 'fx2 burnout' which seems to get some of us from time to time! I did check the leaderboards tonight though for the first time in ages to see how much I've dropped down during my break and will prob start playing again soon.

Yes breaks are good for us all. I've been getting back into Peggle ranked matches lately. So addicting!! It's also a lot of fun watching your Peggle skills grow over time.

Maybe you collected fertilizer bonus for raising the jackpot? I always have trouble looking at the dmd during multiballs to see which shots raise the jackpot unless it specifically states it before the multiball starts.
    Yeh there is nothing that raises it from what I have seen... so random as you go up a Jackpot Ramp you get 2 Million then you hit the next Jackpot Ramp you get 1 Million. Freaking baffled...

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast