*ZEN PINBALL 2 Impressions Thread*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kev_Toddy
    • Sep 2012

Great job zen i'm absolutely loving zp2 so far, One thing i have noticed about zp2 is that it now seems much easier to rack up large scores and complete the table missions especially on earth defence, the rage factor has lowered also as zp1 used to get me in some rather angry mood's, lol, one other thing iv'e found with the new table physics is that it seem's harder to hit the left/right sink holes on the shaman table even though the table now seems easier to play overall, all in all though a superb release by zen.

Comment

• Birdorf
      • Apr 2012

Love it, barely play this on my xbox, but the Vita is going to get a hammering.
      Brilliant, thankyou.

Comment

• gamer88
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Incriminified
        Would be nice to have a third control remap for X and Triangle as the flippers when playing the vita in portrait mode. As it stands there is only 2 options which are L and R, or O and directional pad for the flippers. These are great options for holding the vita in standard landscape position, but not the best when holding the vita in portrait position. Maybe I'm missing something. However, ZP2 on the vita is just amazing.
        Enable the back touch panel under controls. It really works well to control the flippers this way in landscape or portrait view.

Comment

• Rafie
          • May 2012

Well..well! Look at the ZP2 forums coming ALIVE!!! LOL I love it. I hope it stays this way. Anyway, here is my impressions after playing it for 2 days. Normally this is where I would put up a really corny pic of a guy giving 2 thumbs up, but I decided to decline this time.

Anyway, overall ZP2 was well worth the wait. I mean I haven't had this much fun playing the older tables since the launch of PBFX2 on the 360. I can't tell you how much I really enjoy playing these tables. Even after the 2 days of playing...I haven't even played every single table yet. I have played half of them though. Let me just say first that PvZ is absolutely AWESOME!! I almost beat the boss, but failed. One stupid zombie got to the welcome mat. Still it is a well designed table that deserves big recognition. I see Barbie started her career on doing some of the voice on the table. I kid..I kid!! Fantastic table.

So far I only have 2 little. Very little...complaints. On the Paranormal table, when you're using the upper left flipper to get into the haunted house, the flipper either doesn't have enough power or the ball is super floaty. It was sort of difficult to hit the ball up there. Don't know if anyone else was experiencing this. I love Paranormal and that's a table I notice everything on. LOL Again, it's only minor.

The last thing was the trophies. I like how the trophies options are when you go to that specific option and it tells you what you have or what's missing. However, I liked the type of option on PBFX2 where I got to see if my friends have acquired the same trophies or not. If its a way to see that, then please enlighten me. I told you it's minor. Other than that, I am COMPLETELY satisfied and very grateful for a great pinball platform. Thank you again, Zen.

P.S. Sorry didn't feel like doing a whole big review. This was just me summing up my feelings on it.
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Marcymaru
            • Sep 2012

I've noticed a bug in the PSVITA version of the Tesla table.

When you want to do the 1st experiment, if you send the ball trough the spinner consecutively (as soon as you can of course), that is what you're supposed to do, the spinner simply won't "spin" properly.

You have to wait for the spinner to stop completely after the ball has been there, and then you can send the ball again through the spinner with no problems. But this is NOT good, since the time will expire.

This doesn't happen on PS3.

Please fix it.

Comment

• Rafie
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Marcymaru
              I've noticed a bug in the PSVITA version of the Tesla table.

When you want to do the 1st experiment, if you send the ball trough the spinner consecutively (as soon as you can of course), that is what you're supposed to do, the spinner simply won't "spin" properly.

You have to wait for the spinner to stop completely after the ball has been there, and then you can send the ball again through the spinner with no problems. But this is NOT good, since the time will expire.

This doesn't happen on PS3.

Please fix it.

Actually the same thing happens on the PS3. I've noticed that too.
              PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
              Gamertag- RAFIE82
              YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
              Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• caper_26
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kev_Toddy
                ...one other thing iv'e found with the new table physics is that it seem's harder to hit the left/right sink holes on the shaman table even though the table now seems easier to play overall, all in all though a superb release by zen.
                I totally agree. I am not even sure if you can hit them at all from cradle. Been playing ZP since it came out, and have played the originals to no end. Tesla has changed dramatically, and so has Shaman. I assume the rest have too. Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
                Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

• shogun00
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tenorhero
                  The ZP1 core table are much more interesting now TESLA and El Dorado were great tables now the new engine makes it much better. have not tried all of them.
                  Give Shaman a whirl. It's much more fun this time around. Besides the overhaul in physics, graphics and fixing the glitches, they also made some changes to the table rules.

Comment

• shogun00
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Rafie
                    On the Paranormal table, when you're using the upper left flipper to get into the haunted house, the flipper either doesn't have enough power or the ball is super floaty. It was sort of difficult to hit the ball up there. Don't know if anyone else was experiencing this. I love Paranormal and that's a table I notice everything on.
                    I noticed it to at first, but I was able to adjust to the new flipper mechanics. The elastics are more bouncy and that's what's causing the problem. After playing the game for about 10 minutes or so, I was able to hit the Haunted House consistently.

Comment

• Marcymaru
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by caper_26
                      Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
                      Is the spin fixed on Tesla? Just above your post you can read the issue I've found...

To me it happens only on PSVITA and noth on PS3, to Rafie on both consoles...

Comment

• snakeman07
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2012

Getting to the haunted house in Paranormal wasn't hard for me, maybe because I never played it before, so I don't know how it was before. I can tell you, though, that the JJ ramp on Spider-Man is VERY easy to hit now, beat my old score on that table first try, and the upper saucer on Wolverine is very easy to hit now, too. Also, as Rafie mentioned, I liked to see my friend's trophies in-game as well, it's easier then loading up their profile lol.

Comment

• MEB
                          • Aug 2012

I just want to congratulate Zen Studios for this release. The changes were much more deeper than i anticipated. It feels like a new game. The new graphics are awesome. I was surprised by the music/fx improvements in a lot of tables as well as the layout changes introduced in some tables. The import of my previous tables was perfect (i have them all!) and everything worked fine since the beginning. The special effects are gorgeous (the smog!). I´m extremely satisfied with this game. Congrats to all team.

PS: Seems a lot of people are particularly enjoying the 3D in this game. Is the effect that good? I´ve been considering buying a 3D capable monitor (probably the model Sony created specifically for PS3) for some time but since i don´t have much games i´ve been delaying it for hum.... ages. Do you think it worth the money?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Thanks for your input, everyone! You're suggestions helped shape Zen Pinball 2, and while we're very proud of it, your suggestions and feedback are extremely important to us!

Also, to those of you who just recently joined the forum, thank you and WELCOME!

Comment

• Incriminified
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by gamer88
                              Enable the back touch panel under controls. It really works well to control the flippers this way in landscape or portrait view.
                              I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the tip! Haven't had a lot of time to play with it since release.
                              PSN ID - cmotors
                              Steam ID - Incriminified

Comment

• Kev_Toddy
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by caper_26
                                I totally agree. I am not even sure if you can hit them at all from cradle. Been playing ZP since it came out, and have played the originals to no end. Tesla has changed dramatically, and so has Shaman. I assume the rest have too. Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
                                Iv'e managed it once in about half an hour's worth of play, the angle from the flipper to the left/right sink hole seem's far to tight and usually end's in the ball rebounding of the left/right bumper, iv'e tried from both rolling and cradle position.

Comment

Working...