Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 148

Thread: *ZEN PINBALL 2 Impressions Thread*

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default OMG! It's HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just downloaded.

    Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! !!!!!! I'll start playing ZP2 and giving my impressions later!

    PSN just updated for PACIFIC TIME 10 mins ago! Tryin out PvZ 1st Duh lol

    Downloading is a little slow since so many people are on PSN right now.

    But finally! WE CAN SAY ZP2 IS FINALLY FINALLY FINALLLLLY OUT!!!!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-04-2012 at 11:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Member draig3791's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Napa, California
    Posts
    88

    Default

    It's gonna take me awhile to dl it as I just have slower dsl (Mainly affordability at this time) so I prolly won't get a chance to play it till late tonight, also getting the demo for PvsZ table too.
    PSN ID: draig3791

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    LOL haha same here! Thank you Sony for not messin up at least LOL!

    Now this was a surprise, much earlier than I expected!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Uggh! Heres hopin I charged my Vita??? Please have some juice in there!!!

    Why does this kinda stuff always happen to me on such a special launch?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Yes it is here and it's great. It seem to be pretty fast table. Multiball is really easy to get to though the scoring isn't high. Also seems like it depends on what you purchase with the money you get from Crazy Dave.

    I only played it a couple of times and I still have not beaten a mission yet surprisingly. So much to do on this table I'm still figuring it out and have not read the rule sheet.

    I though importing would be straightforward but there may be problems. Avengers Chronicles imported fine but it seemed I had to download V&V again for some reason.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany, NRW, Gelsenkirchen
    Posts
    6

    Default Update V1.01

    Great ZEN 2 is finally available!
    Thanks a lot you fine ZEN people.

    Can't wait to start playing the old tables again with polished physics and all

    I just wondered why there is already an update for this brand new title?

  7. #7
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    LOVING the new graphics and physics! Got to Dracula with ease on my first try, but choked on him like 5 times XD Now time to buy some more tables!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    11

    Cool

    Wow and the 3D effect are the best i ever seen on a video game.
    Wow wow wow..... Great Job Zen..... Also my vita is happy now and i can play everywere zen pinball 2.

    Thxxxxxxx!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    LOVING the new graphics and physics! Got to Dracula with ease on my first try, but choked on him like 5 times XD
    Freak, lol!

    j/k
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by system_failure79 View Post
    Great ZEN 2 is finally available!
    Thanks a lot you fine ZEN people.

    Can't wait to start playing the old tables again with polished physics and all

    I just wondered why there is already an update for this brand new title?
    Thanks!

    There will be a few, don't worry, nothing major.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    If you own a 3D TV you cannot miss this amazing opportunity!!! It's by far one of the most fantastic things I have seen Zen do!

    The PvZ fog effect with 3D is unbelievable!!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default *ZEN PINBALL 2 Impressions Thread*

    How does the game play?

    It's smooth,easy pick up and play like never before, beautiful graphics and art, physics are state of the art on this new platform.

    Easy and Convenient Menu (Vita) Vibrant crafted tables and 3D tables providing hours of fun! Great game for family nights,casual play, that everyone can play!

    Music is relaxing and sets the tone for each setting. Online Multiplayer makes the everlasting fun of crushing you're friends highscores and competitive fun. Voice and Video chat makes it feeling live as if they are in the same room. Cross-play is a feature I'm yet to try, but no doubt that it'll be great!!!



    Disappointment was table imports were definitely not as quick and pain free as I wished.

    Pros-Great visuals, music, physics, features, worth the wait! Cons-Imports need to get fixed or it's plain useless,control options.




    Bottom line: ZP2 is the best pinball game ever offered in any form anywhere!

    WHY? Because it's Zen/ WHEN? Right now! /HOW? PSN AND XBLA/ WHAT? ZP2!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Disappointing!
    After all the delays, the table import tool still doesn't work on the ps3. As others have stated, the Avengers 4 pack imported fine, but none of the other tables will import. And I don't feel like downloading each individual table again, nor should I have to.

    On a positive note, the 4 tables that did import look amazing. Unfortunately, those are the tables I was least looking forward to.
    Hopefully an update will fix this problem.

  14. #14

    Default

    The PSN store has not completely updated yet, that's why you can't get them all. Please be patient!

  15. #15

    Default

    Also, Luma, I merged both of your threads, we don't need 10 different threads for 1 topic.. LOL

  16. #16
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Disappointing!
    After all the delays, the table import tool still doesn't work on the ps3. As others have stated, the Avengers 4 pack imported fine, but none of the other tables will import. And I don't feel like downloading each individual table again, nor should I have to.

    On a positive note, the 4 tables that did import look amazing. Unfortunately, those are the tables I was least looking forward to.
    Hopefully an update will fix this problem.
    You'll have to download each piece of content for ZP2, whether you use the import tool or not. The actual files for ZP and MP aren't used (and technically can't be used) by ZP2, making it necessary to get new ones (plus the unlock key for each). The "import" process checks to see if you own the content on your current PSN account and then changes the unlock price to Free - but no data is actually transferred between games.

  17. #17

    Default

    I've had them all for almost an hour now....

  18. #18
    Member devilmosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Just finished playing for a bit and I'm thoroughly impressed! PvZ is fantastic, and I also tried out Tesla, Avengers, Blade, and Paranormal before taking a break. They look AMAZING!

    I had zero issues with importing to my PS3. I don't own a Vita so I skipped those files. I just hit the square and chose the demos and unlocks - no problem.

    The only thing is no Fantastic Four
    Last edited by devilmosh; 09-05-2012 at 01:24 AM.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Also, Luma, I merged both of your threads, we don't need 10 different threads for 1 topic.. LOL
    Cool! Thanks I think we're all posting a million threads about the same thing from all his hype LOL!!!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    You'll have to download each piece of content for ZP2, whether you use the import tool or not. The actual files for ZP and MP aren't used (and technically can't be used) by ZP2, making it necessary to get new ones (plus the unlock key for each). The "import" process checks to see if you own the content on your current PSN account and then changes the unlock price to Free - but no data is actually transferred between games.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think we were all under the assumption that once ZP2 recognized we owned the table, it would be automatically imported into ZP2 without a new download. At least thats what I thought. Guess I will have to go through and download all the tables again.

    But here's a question Solitude...Why didn't i have to redownload the Avengers pack? All I downloaded was the unlock key, installed it, and all 4 tables were available. I didn't redownload them. Yet they are working fine.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Loving the Vita version so far, (Vita version) however a small tweak is needed on the Vita version of the Ninja Gaiden table. When you get a ball saved, the ball is reshot into the play area just precisely enough to where it falls right in between the flippers. A bump will sometimes save it.

  22. #22
    Member devilmosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    50

    Default

    SwitchBlade, more than likely, the demo of that pack was already in Zen2.

  23. #23
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilmosh View Post
    SwitchBlade, more than likely, the demo of that pack was already in Zen2.
    That's probably the answer. Never thought of that.

    Redownloading V&V pack as i type.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    it is awesome, especially the free vita stuff. Thank you for that.

    I am a bit bummed that the control options promised in this forum did not show up. Zen said that you would be able to control the flippers with the d-pad and circle (for left and right flippers respectively) but the only options are to use the L1/2 and R1/2 buttons.

    Bummed, majorly bummed, about that. Got a bit of tendonitis that flares up from the R/L buttons/triggers but there is no problem using my thumbs. Severely restricts how much I can play this game.

    Might this be coming in a future patch? Full control mapping seems an easy thing to do? Or even just the d-pad and circle option?

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geddon View Post
    it is awesome, especially the free vita stuff. Thank you for that.

    I am a bit bummed that the control options promised in this forum did not show up. Zen said that you would be able to control the flippers with the d-pad and circle (for left and right flippers respectively) but the only options are to use the L1/2 and R1/2 buttons.

    Bummed, majorly bummed, about that. Got a bit of tendonitis that flares up from the R/L buttons/triggers but there is no problem using my thumbs. Severely restricts how much I can play this game.

    Might this be coming in a future patch? Full control mapping seems an easy thing to do? Or even just the d-pad and circle option?
    You can remap them!

  26. #26
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Glad to see there is more Pro's then Con's

    Il be joining you guys tomr hopefully.


    Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

    PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Let's hope when PSN is less hectic and crowded we can see faster downloading times! After all half of them are probably ZP2 fans LOL!

    BTW Good Work ZEN AND POPCAP!!!! Looking forward to see more future partnerships with Popcap and other studios soon!
    Last edited by LumaFan"); 09-05-2012 at 01:55 AM.

  28. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    PvZ is definitely a fun pick up and play table. Bright visuals and relaxing music is just like the game!!!

  29. #29

    Default

    Just did some quick plays on a few tables. GFX and physics do not disappoint. Great engine under here from what I can tell so far.

    But I do have two quibs: why can't I use the "X" or "Cross" button to manually launch the ball. That's so ANNOYING! I really hope this get's addressed in a future patch, as I really do not like using the joystick.

    Also, I've always played on View 3 and this seems to have been modified to take a much more vertical stance. Maybe it's just that I've been playing with one view since ZPs release, but I would really like my old View 3 perspective back.

    Otherwise it looks like a lot of good love and care has gone into this release.

  30. #30
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Played a game of Blade and beat Dracula twice. I noticed that the kickback lights are not lighting up so its difficult to tell if they are activated. Also, you're no longer able to slightly press the x button on launch and slowly move the plunger down. Once you hit x the plunger quickly pulls all the way back., no matter how softly you press x.

  31. #31
    Junior Member GoddTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Emeryville, CA
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Sooooooo goooood!

    Has anyone played Infinity Gauntlet?
    The upside down mode in 3D was even more disorienting.

    I was also particularly impressed by Spiderman in 3D.

    Is Fantastic 4 going to become available? I'm also wondering about Pasha and Biolab. Or are those Pinball FX2 exclusive?

  32. #32
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Played a game of Blade and beat Dracula twice. I noticed that the kickback lights are not lighting up so its difficult to tell if they are activated. Also, you're no longer able to slightly press the x button on launch and slowly move the plunger down. Once you hit x the plunger quickly pulls all the way back., no matter how softly you press x.
    That's because you can map the manual launch and auto-launch. Manual launch default is set to the right stick, while auto is set on X. I

  33. #33
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Bought every last table, which was just every old Zen table and PvZ (already had every Marvel table). I'm so stoked right now, as I've never played most of them. I'm on a game of Mars right now and I love it! Also, like I said before, physics are great, and the updated graphics are stellar, Blade popped so much more, the DMD is so clear, the UV Multiball looked awesome lol.

  34. #34
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Guh! The download speed was slow as molasses on a winter day.

    It took me three hours to download everything and F4 is missing from the pack.

    I only had enough time to play one table, so I decided to play Blade. Talk about an improvement. When you hit a solid object, it doesn't give the same effect as hitting one of the elastics anymore. Also, I really like the refections during the night mode. Nice touch!

    I scored 1.5 Billion in my first game and beat Dracula five times.

    I noticed a glitch though. For some reason, the kickback lights aren't turning on. The kickbacks themselves activate, it's just that I can't tell if they are on.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-05-2012 at 04:07 AM.

  35. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I think the improved physics are particularly noticeable on older tables like Shaman and Tesla - they're smaller and rely more on pure pinball angles and tactics. You can really feel how the ball behaves like it has the correct weight, and reacts to various surfaces in a more realistic manner. Also, real life pinball flipper tricks seem to return results closer to what happens on a (typical) real pinball machine.

    As I said in another thread, the quality of the Vita port is amazing. The tables run flawlessly, the physics appear to behave identically that I have seen so far, and there is almost no visual downgrade - impressive considering how elaborate the later Zen tables get.

    If you want a great way to compare just how close the Vita version of a table is to the PS3 build, load up Ghost Rider and let the table sit in attract mode. The camera there slowly pans around the edges of the table and gives very close up views of the animated characters and lots of the lighting and fire effects. Going back and forth between PS3 and Vita, there's virtually no difference, even in the amount of geometry on objects. Only a few shader effects are toned down on the Vita, unnoticeable at the camera distance for normal play.

  36. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Guh! The download speed was slow as molasses on a winter day.

    It took me three hours to download everything and F4 is missing from the pack.

    I only had enough time to play one table, so I decided to play Blade. Talk about an improvement. When you hit a solid object, it doesn't give the same effect as hitting one of the elastics anymore. Also, I really like the refections during the night mode. Nice touch!

    I scored 1.5 Billion in my first game and beat Dracula five times.

    I noticed a glitch though. For some reason, the kickback lights aren't turning on. The kickbacks themselves activate, it's just that I can't tell if they are on.
    Yep, FF needs more love! It will be there soon though

  37. #37
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I think we were all under the assumption that once ZP2 recognized we owned the table, it would be automatically imported into ZP2 without a new download. At least thats what I thought. Guess I will have to go through and download all the tables again.

    But here's a question Solitude...Why didn't i have to redownload the Avengers pack? All I downloaded was the unlock key, installed it, and all 4 tables were available. I didn't redownload them. Yet they are working fine.
    I believe that the Avengers table data is included with the ZP2 download.

  38. #38
    Member bazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Santiago from Chile
    Posts
    68

    Default

    just played some old ZP1 tables on ZP2
    and it was a blast! is like i'm playing completly new tables, they feel smooth and right, i even was able to get a trophy i didn't had in ZP1 on the Tesla Table in the first try
    i got to say i'm happy with this update overall
    Last edited by bazz; 09-05-2012 at 04:37 AM.

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    just played some old ZP1 tables on ZP2
    and it was a blast! is like i'm playing completly new tables, they fill smooth and right, i even was able to get a trophy i didn't had ZP1 on the Tesla Table in the first try
    i got to say i'm happy with this update overall
    YAY! Thanks Bazz!!!!

  40. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Can any one tell me the size of the download I want to know, if i can play it tonight.

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo1980 View Post
    Can any one tell me the size of the download I want to know, if i can play it tonight.
    The game fully loaded with all the tables is around 1GB

  42. #42

    Default

    The wait was definitely worth it. The physics are great on both the PS3 and the Vita. Very nice job on the vita, as the play is very smooth and the physics work really well. The trademark awesome response Zen flippers are also present on the vita. You can tell the coding on this is really well done. Rotating the vita in game works very well to get the landscape view. Would be nice to have a third control remap for X and Triangle as the flippers when playing the vita in portrait mode. As it stands there is only 2 options which are L and R, or O and directional pad for the flippers. These are great options for holding the vita in standard landscape position, but not the best when holding the vita in portrait position. Maybe I'm missing something. However, ZP2 on the vita is just amazing.

    The 3D on the PS3 is really good. It is better than I imagined it would be, and it is really cool that the developers maintained a good performance ratio balance between the visual quality and the physics response. Very well done, and it shows the guys at zen are top notch in what they do.

    I didn't mind at all downloading the tables I had already bought. Hell, it's amazing Zen gives us the free upgrades on those tables in the first place.

    I bought the remaining tables that I hadn't purchased already, and had some good fun playing Earth Defense and Mars for the first time. Both titles I hadn't expected to like, but seeing them in 3D was just a treat. Played Plants Vs Zombies once, and that was really well done too. Must have gotten on a really good lucky streak, scored 250 million or so on the first go round. Almost completed the first set of challenges except for that damned football one, the guy kept getting in the way, lol. Really liked the coconut challenge.

  43. #43
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The game fully loaded with all the tables is around 1GB
    FYI: The game is much larger than 1GB for the PS3.

    The Vita version on the other hand is clocking in around at a 1GB.

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incriminified View Post
    The wait was definitely worth it. The physics are great on both the PS3 and the Vita. Very nice job on the vita, as the play is very smooth and the physics work really well. The trademark awesome response Zen flippers are also present on the vita. You can tell the coding on this is really well done. Rotating the vita in game works very well to get the landscape view. Would be nice to have a third control remap for X and Triangle as the flippers when playing the vita in portrait mode. As it stands there is only 2 options which are L and R, or O and directional pad for the flippers. These are great options for holding the vita in standard landscape position, but not the best when holding the vita in portrait position. Maybe I'm missing something. However, ZP2 on the vita is just amazing.

    The 3D on the PS3 is really good. It is better than I imagined it would be, and it is really cool that the developers maintained a good performance ratio balance between the visual quality and the physics response. Very well done, and it shows the guys at zen are top notch in what they do.

    I didn't mind at all downloading the tables I had already bought. Hell, it's amazing Zen gives us the free upgrades on those tables in the first place.

    I bought the remaining tables that I hadn't purchased already, and had some good fun playing Earth Defense and Mars for the first time. Both titles I hadn't expected to like, but seeing them in 3D was just a treat. Played Plants Vs Zombies once, and that was really well done too. Must have gotten on a really good lucky streak, scored 250 million or so on the first go round. Almost completed the first set of challenges except for that damned football one, the guy kept getting in the way, lol. Really liked the coconut challenge.
    Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so glad it was worth the wait!!

  45. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    FYI: The game is much larger than 1GB for the PS3.

    The Vita version on the other hand is clocking in around at a 1GB.
    Yes! You are right. Sorry, I've got my head stuck thinking about that gorgeous Vita!

  46. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The game fully loaded with all the tables is around 1GB

    Thanks I'm going to use the ps3proxy with this then, it downloads much quicker through my pc. My 384kb line is going to work over time tonight

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas / The Silver State
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    PS3 physics have finally improved, yaayye.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    137

    Default 10/10

    i am vary wowed everything is vary awesome i had a bit of trouble with importing but was fine in the end

    and i absolutely love plants vs zombies i got 379mill in my first run

  49. #49
    Senior Member Michelasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Ok, so how does Epic Quest play? That one had the funniest physic of them all.

  50. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    I'm in awe really. Playing El Dorado, Shaman, Tesla again with the new physics is an eye opener. Those tables seem much more alluring now.

    The only downside is that you have to download all the tables again. When they mentioned 'simply import' you would think that all you had to do was just click and they will find all the tables and just transfer them over. Now I understand that the table snow are completely different from what I've played before. Even Avenger's Chronicles looks much more vibrant and play quite differently then before.

    Kudos to Zen and the team. Now my only question is....... when is the next table? I'm being serious I can't get enough right now. LOL

  51. #51
    Senior Member s-carnegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    295

    Red face

    To make a long story short - WOW !!

  52. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Being an EU peep and having to wait a few hours more i'm happy to read this upgrade turned to 11 on a scale of 10. Great stuff and i can't wait to get a hold of it later today.

  53. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Not long now.
    I'm down to my last £14.13p, and skint for a couple of weeks, what are the must haves? Will probably get PVZ.

  54. #54
    Senior Member Crazy Bonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Ont.
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Played the heck out of it last night and still have to import some of the older Zen and Marvel tables. While playing Paranormal I went goofy when the the DMD switched to video mode and the camera angle switched to the back glass, very impressive touch. Nice job all around and I also noticed that you can launch the ball with ether the analog stick or x button and mine is set to original configuration.
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

  55. #55

    Default

    Loving the game so far, and it's a great reason to revisit some tables I haven't played in a while.

    The import system feels a little wonky. But credit to Zen, there's probably no perfect way to do it.

    I do miss the main menu music from ZP1, though. ZP2's is not nearly as cool. Would be a great surprise if Zen could, at some point, patch in the original or perhaps a *slightly* remixed version of it.

    Overall, I'm very happy to get such a nice tech upgrade for basically no cost.

  56. #56

    Default

    For me in the UK the download and 'import' worked fine: it tool me 45 minutes to get everything there is (including PvZ) up and running; that was using my phone as a modem too.

    I'm guessing the other tables will show up in the next weeks and I'll be able to 'import' those so that's all cool too.

    I would like to use the 'cross' to manual launch, but that's just 'cause I'm old and stuck in my ways.

    I hate Facebook, and have never joined, but at least the Facebook thing is discrete.

    I like the new guide style (only looked at PvZ) with the corresponding vid hints.

    Had a quick go on Tesla and PvZ; I can almost feel the weight of the Tesla 'ball,' compared to the PvZ 'seed.'

    Thanks for what feels like a new game Zen 10/10 and kisses.

  57. #57
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    For me in the UK the download and 'import' worked fine: it tool me 45 minutes to get everything there is (including PvZ) up and running; that was using my phone as a modem too.

    I'm guessing the other tables will show up in the next weeks and I'll be able to 'import' those so that's all cool too.

    I would like to use the 'cross' to manual launch, but that's just 'cause I'm old and stuck in my ways.

    I hate Facebook, and have never joined, but at least the Facebook thing is discrete.

    I like the new guide style (only looked at PvZ) with the corresponding vid hints.

    Had a quick go on Tesla and PvZ; I can almost feel the weight of the Tesla 'ball,' compared to the PvZ 'seed.'

    Thanks for what feels like a new game Zen 10/10 and kisses.
    If they don't show up in-game, you can grab them in the PS store. Some of them took a while to pop up in the main menu for me.

  58. #58

    Default

    I forgot to say:

    It is great not to have to kill Zen now in order to play Marvel. I always seemed to want to play a table in the other software in the past

  59. #59

    Default

    Please check out this thread for more info!!

  60. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    If they don't show up in-game, you can grab them in the PS store. Some of them took a while to pop up in the main menu for me.
    It did actually all work automatically for me bud. I just got overwhelmed and confused there for a moment, and thought that Fantastic Four was a pack of tables. I have all (PvZ included) 26 to play with

  61. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Zenpinball 1 was better

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    You can remap them!
    How, please tell me how?

    In the Old game i could control the "Manual Ball Launch" with the X-Button and now there is the only option the right stick.

    I although could just use the lower Flippers by just slightly pressing L / R - Buttons, but now i always use both lower and upper flippers, there is now difference anymore.

    Another thing that really sucks is the new ball behavior in "Eldorado" in the old game you could launch the Ball with full power right in the hole under the left upper flipper if it was open. Now the Ball goes over the left upper flipper.

    Cheers,
    Rayjin

  62. #62
    Senior Member Michelasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I finally managed to download ZP2 and play a couple of old, dear ZP tables. Epic Quest and.. TESLA!! Probably my most favorite. Just two words to describe my words:

    E' BELLISSIMOOOO!!!

    Especially Tesla doesn't look anything like the old one. And I love the new table rules!! Finally I do understand something!! Graphics is amazing although a bit of anti aliasing wouldn't hurt. Just one thing: the button remapping was better in MP. I nudge with the right thumbstick and I like to throw the ball with R2. Why isn't it an option? Or I am missing something?

    Still, 10 cum Laude!

    Great job Zen, you're the best!

  63. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Talking Diggin' it

    I've been playing a couple of hours since yesterday and I really like it. Some of the tables play different than ZP1 (I assume because of the physics). This has caused my strategy to change on some of the boards. For example,it seems a lot harder to get kickbacks and combos on v12. But for whatever reason I seem to be getting better scores and having more fun! I've spent the day getting top 100 on all the tables I have (classic 4, + MARS and Sorcerer's Lair), and for a brief couple of hours I actually had the #1 score on V12... I know it won't last long but for a couple of days at least I get to pretend I am pretty good at pinball!

    This weekend I plan on getting some new tables.. any recommendations?

  64. #64
    Senior Member Michelasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brontosaur View Post
    This weekend I plan on getting some new tables.. any recommendations?
    Sure. All of them!!

  65. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Awesome

    Just wanted to say on behalf of UK PS3/PSN users...congratulations on what is quite possibly the best PSN release to date
    I bought all the tables for the original and Marvel games but was always frustrated by them being separate.
    Downloaded this evening and imported all my tables and of course bought Plants Vs Zombies.
    Looking forward to the upcoming inclusion of Fantastic 4

    The 3D is jawdropping...quite simply the best 3D game I have played yet

    You guys rock

  66. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNickUK View Post
    Just wanted to say on behalf of UK PS3/PSN users...congratulations on what is quite possibly the best PSN release to date
    I bought all the tables for the original and Marvel games but was always frustrated by them being separate.
    Downloaded this evening and imported all my tables and of course bought Plants Vs Zombies.
    Looking forward to the upcoming inclusion of Fantastic 4

    The 3D is jawdropping...quite simply the best 3D game I have played yet

    You guys rock
    Thank you! And welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around

  67. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    Sure. All of them!!
    Ha! I'm tempted...

  68. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brontosaur View Post
    I've been playing a couple of hours since yesterday and I really like it. Some of the tables play different than ZP1 (I assume because of the physics). This has caused my strategy to change on some of the boards. For example,it seems a lot harder to get kickbacks and combos on v12. But for whatever reason I seem to be getting better scores and having more fun! I've spent the day getting top 100 on all the tables I have (classic 4, + MARS and Sorcerer's Lair), and for a brief couple of hours I actually had the #1 score on V12... I know it won't last long but for a couple of days at least I get to pretend I am pretty good at pinball!

    This weekend I plan on getting some new tables.. any recommendations?
    I had the #1 Ghost Rider score on my first try ever on the table. I'm sure if I checked now, I'll be past #500. I find all the tables to be worth buying, but Epic Quest, Excalibur, and the new Avengers tables seem to be universally loved. The new PvZ table would be a good option if you like long play.

  69. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I don't know if we're going to have an official bug/feature request thread in this forum, but for what it is worth, I only have one requested feature aside from the much-asked for physical button remapping in portrait mode.

    Basically, the option to filter the next highest score you're aiming at so that it points at the global leaderboard. Friends social metrics is great, but in the long run, it would provide some good granular motivation to tear through the stack of global players who are always one notch above your best score.

    Other than that, I really can't think of any other features I'd like to see right now. It's a great package.

    At most, perhaps additional trophies over time added to the 'meta' category - the overall Zen Pinball 2 trophies not associated with any one table.

  70. #70
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Overall I'm very impressed with the tables that I've played so far. I noticed a big improvement on the Iron Man table. It used to feel like I had to hit the flippers with everything I had in order to get it up a ramp. Now a light tap sends it flying around. Very nice job Zen.

    One minor grip I have is that the characters on the Street Fighter table, Akuma and Blanka, are still as stiff as a board. I was really hoping they would have some life to them with the update, but oh well. The newer tables have spoiled me a bit I guess.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  71. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Overall I'm very impressed with the tables that I've played so far. I noticed a big improvement on the Iron Man table. It used to feel like I had to hit the flippers with everything I had in order to get it up a ramp. Now a light tap sends it flying around. Very nice job Zen.

    One minor grip I have is that the characters on the Street Fighter table, Akuma and Blanka, are still as stiff as a board. I was really hoping they would have some life to them with the update, but oh well. The newer tables have spoiled me a bit I guess.
    Haha I was noticing the same thing too! Preetty Sweeet Zen!!

  72. #72

    Default

    I'm loving the new physics. The ball is much harder to control, specially when feeding out of ramps/loops (no more easy hold flipper catches).
    I'm also very glad they went through with my suggestion of splitting ball effects and on-screen scoring. Thank you so much ZEN.

  73. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M1N0RA View Post
    I'm loving the new physics. The ball is much harder to control, specially when feeding out of ramps/loops (no more easy hold flipper catches).
    I'm also very glad they went through with my suggestion of splitting ball effects and on-screen scoring. Thank you so much ZEN.
    Well I wouldn't sat 'harder to control' but I did notice that my usual strat for Fear itself wasn't working as well as before. When the ball eject from the the sinkhole under the upper right flipper I usually hold the right Flipper and it bounces off and falls right in a good are for a left flipper shot to try for the sinkhole again. It's quite different now.

    The ZP1 core table are much more interesting now TESLA and El Dorado were great tables now the new engine makes it much better. have not tried all of them. Avengers table doesn't seem to have that random drain after the Black widow ramp shot.

    All in all ZP2 is amazing and the best the genre has to offer but I have to admit the ball physics should have a little more play to it. Right now as much as I love it, The ball has too much weight. It would appease the TPA fans that don't like Zen because of the physics if it was tweaked to that end.


    Still a pinball lovers dream to have both great developers making classic and original table. It's still a WIN WIN.

  74. #74

    Default

    It feels like the Tesla coil ramp is even harder now, if that is possible somehow.
    Maybe i'm just getting screwed by muscle memory.

  75. #75
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thank you for this great game. Playing it on the Vita and loving every minute of it!! Really like the back touch panel flippers control option and the motion sensor control to shake the table.

  76. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Great job zen i'm absolutely loving zp2 so far, One thing i have noticed about zp2 is that it now seems much easier to rack up large scores and complete the table missions especially on earth defence, the rage factor has lowered also as zp1 used to get me in some rather angry mood's, lol, one other thing iv'e found with the new table physics is that it seem's harder to hit the left/right sink holes on the shaman table even though the table now seems easier to play overall, all in all though a superb release by zen.

  77. #77
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Love it, barely play this on my xbox, but the Vita is going to get a hammering.
    Brilliant, thankyou.

  78. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Incriminified View Post
    Would be nice to have a third control remap for X and Triangle as the flippers when playing the vita in portrait mode. As it stands there is only 2 options which are L and R, or O and directional pad for the flippers. These are great options for holding the vita in standard landscape position, but not the best when holding the vita in portrait position. Maybe I'm missing something. However, ZP2 on the vita is just amazing.
    Enable the back touch panel under controls. It really works well to control the flippers this way in landscape or portrait view.

  79. #79
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Well..well! Look at the ZP2 forums coming ALIVE!!! LOL I love it. I hope it stays this way. Anyway, here is my impressions after playing it for 2 days. Normally this is where I would put up a really corny pic of a guy giving 2 thumbs up, but I decided to decline this time.

    Anyway, overall ZP2 was well worth the wait. I mean I haven't had this much fun playing the older tables since the launch of PBFX2 on the 360. I can't tell you how much I really enjoy playing these tables. Even after the 2 days of playing...I haven't even played every single table yet. I have played half of them though. Let me just say first that PvZ is absolutely AWESOME!! I almost beat the boss, but failed. One stupid zombie got to the welcome mat. Still it is a well designed table that deserves big recognition. I see Barbie started her career on doing some of the voice on the table. I kid..I kid!! Fantastic table.

    So far I only have 2 little. Very little...complaints. On the Paranormal table, when you're using the upper left flipper to get into the haunted house, the flipper either doesn't have enough power or the ball is super floaty. It was sort of difficult to hit the ball up there. Don't know if anyone else was experiencing this. I love Paranormal and that's a table I notice everything on. LOL Again, it's only minor.

    The last thing was the trophies. I like how the trophies options are when you go to that specific option and it tells you what you have or what's missing. However, I liked the type of option on PBFX2 where I got to see if my friends have acquired the same trophies or not. If its a way to see that, then please enlighten me. I told you it's minor. Other than that, I am COMPLETELY satisfied and very grateful for a great pinball platform. Thank you again, Zen.

    P.S. Sorry didn't feel like doing a whole big review. This was just me summing up my feelings on it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  80. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've noticed a bug in the PSVITA version of the Tesla table.

    When you want to do the 1st experiment, if you send the ball trough the spinner consecutively (as soon as you can of course), that is what you're supposed to do, the spinner simply won't "spin" properly.

    You have to wait for the spinner to stop completely after the ball has been there, and then you can send the ball again through the spinner with no problems. But this is NOT good, since the time will expire.

    This doesn't happen on PS3.

    Please fix it.

  81. #81
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcymaru View Post
    I've noticed a bug in the PSVITA version of the Tesla table.

    When you want to do the 1st experiment, if you send the ball trough the spinner consecutively (as soon as you can of course), that is what you're supposed to do, the spinner simply won't "spin" properly.

    You have to wait for the spinner to stop completely after the ball has been there, and then you can send the ball again through the spinner with no problems. But this is NOT good, since the time will expire.

    This doesn't happen on PS3.

    Please fix it.

    Actually the same thing happens on the PS3. I've noticed that too.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  82. #82
    Senior Member caper_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Toddy View Post
    ...one other thing iv'e found with the new table physics is that it seem's harder to hit the left/right sink holes on the shaman table even though the table now seems easier to play overall, all in all though a superb release by zen.
    I totally agree. I am not even sure if you can hit them at all from cradle. Been playing ZP since it came out, and have played the originals to no end. Tesla has changed dramatically, and so has Shaman. I assume the rest have too. Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

  83. #83
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    The ZP1 core table are much more interesting now TESLA and El Dorado were great tables now the new engine makes it much better. have not tried all of them.
    Give Shaman a whirl. It's much more fun this time around. Besides the overhaul in physics, graphics and fixing the glitches, they also made some changes to the table rules.

  84. #84
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    On the Paranormal table, when you're using the upper left flipper to get into the haunted house, the flipper either doesn't have enough power or the ball is super floaty. It was sort of difficult to hit the ball up there. Don't know if anyone else was experiencing this. I love Paranormal and that's a table I notice everything on.
    I noticed it to at first, but I was able to adjust to the new flipper mechanics. The elastics are more bouncy and that's what's causing the problem. After playing the game for about 10 minutes or so, I was able to hit the Haunted House consistently.

  85. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
    Is the spin fixed on Tesla? Just above your post you can read the issue I've found...

    To me it happens only on PSVITA and noth on PS3, to Rafie on both consoles...

  86. #86
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Getting to the haunted house in Paranormal wasn't hard for me, maybe because I never played it before, so I don't know how it was before. I can tell you, though, that the JJ ramp on Spider-Man is VERY easy to hit now, beat my old score on that table first try, and the upper saucer on Wolverine is very easy to hit now, too. Also, as Rafie mentioned, I liked to see my friend's trophies in-game as well, it's easier then loading up their profile lol.

  87. #87
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I just want to congratulate Zen Studios for this release. The changes were much more deeper than i anticipated. It feels like a new game. The new graphics are awesome. I was surprised by the music/fx improvements in a lot of tables as well as the layout changes introduced in some tables. The import of my previous tables was perfect (i have them all!) and everything worked fine since the beginning. The special effects are gorgeous (the smog!). I´m extremely satisfied with this game. Congrats to all team.

    PS: Seems a lot of people are particularly enjoying the 3D in this game. Is the effect that good? I´ve been considering buying a 3D capable monitor (probably the model Sony created specifically for PS3) for some time but since i don´t have much games i´ve been delaying it for hum.... ages. Do you think it worth the money?

  88. #88

    Default

    Thanks for your input, everyone! You're suggestions helped shape Zen Pinball 2, and while we're very proud of it, your suggestions and feedback are extremely important to us!

    Also, to those of you who just recently joined the forum, thank you and WELCOME!

  89. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamer88 View Post
    Enable the back touch panel under controls. It really works well to control the flippers this way in landscape or portrait view.
    I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the tip! Haven't had a lot of time to play with it since release.

  90. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    I totally agree. I am not even sure if you can hit them at all from cradle. Been playing ZP since it came out, and have played the originals to no end. Tesla has changed dramatically, and so has Shaman. I assume the rest have too. Good to see they have fixed the spinner in Tesla, but the ball really feels weird in shaman from the cradle, almost like it doesnt accelerate.
    Iv'e managed it once in about half an hour's worth of play, the angle from the flipper to the left/right sink hole seem's far to tight and usually end's in the ball rebounding of the left/right bumper, iv'e tried from both rolling and cradle position.

  91. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    WOW! Now I'm really encouraged to make more Impressions/Feedback threads in the future! LOL

  92. #92
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Played a bit and very happy with the improvements. Except for one thing..

    What happened to the classy Marvel comic book styled backgrounds of Marvel Pinball. I spilt my cocoa when I seen these badly rendered almost amateur looking backgrounds on the table selection screen. Spoils a great UI for me.

  93. #93
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Played a bit and very happy with the improvements. Except for one thing..

    What happened to the classy Marvel comic book styled backgrounds of Marvel Pinball. I spilt my cocoa when I seen these badly rendered almost amateur looking backgrounds on the table selection screen. Spoils a great UI for me.
    You don't like them? I think that they look pretty cool. I guess to each his/her own.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  94. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default New marvel tables!!!! ^^p

    Want deadpool table pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasss ssssssssseeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

  95. #95
    Junior Member NobbNutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    The first impression must be the fact it is a free download for existing customers. Zen have always been great value, but this beats it all.
    The plunger releases are now “single jab” rather than carefully positioning the ball according to the ruler – this makes skill shots far more difficult, but I'm getting used to it.
    The player stats on each table are fantastic. I don't remember there being anything like this on the previous games, unless I just couldn't find them?
    The tables play in a far more “snappy” way - I can't think of a better word to describe how it feels. Slow tables like Mars are now seem to have more vitality.
    The graphics are really polished. Smooth graduations between colours such as the bottom of the Epic Quest table are now flawless.
    Its great being able to select the size and position of the LED screen and lock it place via the Options menu. Previously I'd accidentally alter these settings while in play.
    The loading times for the tables are far quicker.
    I like the way all of the tables are within a single game rather than having to flip between ZP and Marvel.
    Plants Vs Zombies plays beautifully. I've had an hour on it and I can easily see this becoming one of my top 5 tables. If this is the quality of add-on tables we can expect from ZP2 we're in for a treat.

  96. #96
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobbNutts View Post
    The plunger releases are now “single jab” rather than carefully positioning the ball according to the ruler – this makes skill shots far more difficult, but I'm getting used to it.
    Manual launching can be done with the right analog stick. Auto-launch is done with the x button.

  97. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    You can remap them!
    No, you cannot remap the launch button, it's stuck to right analog, only one option. PLease fix

  98. #98
    Senior Member Crazy Bonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Ont.
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tberg View Post
    No, you cannot remap the launch button, it's stuck to right analog, only one option. PLease fix
    You can use the x button as well, don't like it myself I find the shots are way more accurate with the analog stick.
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

  99. #99
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Bonus View Post
    You can use the x button as well, don't like it myself I find the shots are way more accurate with the analog stick.
    Tberg is talking about the manual launch, which is stuck on one of the two analog sticks. You can't remap it to any of the face buttons.

  100. #100
    Member Icaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I haven't managed to play all the tables yet but from what I played so far I'm very satisfied!

    First of all I like the menu. It's easily accessible, slick, the updated goals instructions are welcomed and most of all the loading times are so much reduced compared to ZP!

    The only thing I find annoying is the target score window that's under the matrix scoreboard and the pop-up's. Really distructing stuff. I haven't figured out if it's possible to disable them like in Marvel Pinball.

    Regarding the tables themselves, I noticed some differences and new effects on MP tables but the huge improvements are made on ZP tables, as I expected.
    Particularly Excalibur is so much improved in every way and so much fun to play now compared to the ZP version!
    Other tables ZP tables are awesome too and so much easier to get big scores, keep the ball alive and hit target and ramps.

    I'll go and play some more tables now.

    Oh, it's also really nice to see the ZP2 section of the forum so active!

    Thank you Zen for the awesome game you provided us, it was definitely worth the wait! ^^
    PSN: DreamyElf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •