Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that ZP2 is out, how do I get ZP1?

Question Now that ZP2 is out, how do I get ZP1?

Hi, congrats on releasing Zen Pinball 2. I've downloaded it and It seems pretty good after a few minutes of playing.

This may sound like a silly question, but how do I buy Zen Pinball 1? I was going to get that and all of the tables today, but I can not seem to find it on PSN anymore. Please tell me I can still get it, I was holding off on purchasing it since I was trying to get a few more trophies in Marvel Pinball done before the ZP2 release today. Was going to try and knock off the ZP2 trophies for the ZP1 tables simultaneously with ZP1...

If it's no longer on the PSN store then you'll just have to play the tables in the new, awesome, updated and totally FREE Zen Pinball 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If it's no longer on the PSN store then you'll just have to play the tables in the new, awesome, updated and totally FREE Zen Pinball 2.
    Yeah, like I said, I already have the free game. I want to pay you guys money for an older game. Please help me do that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAsInBeer View Post
    Yeah, like I said, I already have the free game. I want to pay you guys money for an older game. Please help me do that.
    Sorry! If it's no longer on the PSN store there isn't anything I can do about it

Sorry! If it's no longer on the PSN store there isn't anything I can do about it
    Well, can you at least do me a few favors and:

a) tell me if this is intentional on Zen's part or a goof up on Sony's part so I know who to complain to?
    b) tell whomever at Zen that you have at least one person who registered at the forum today because he desperately wants to give you money but can't?

Well, can you at least do me a few favors and:

a) tell me if this is intentional on Zen's part or a goof up on Sony's part so I know who to complain to?
    b) tell whomever at Zen that you have at least one person who registered at the forum today because he desperately wants to give you money but can't?
    This is intentional. We took it down partly so people wouldn't continue to buy a game that has some known issues and would be more likely to buy a better working version that has more features and can be used on Vita as well.

This is intentional. We took it down partly so people wouldn't continue to buy a game that has some known issues and would be more likely to buy a better working version that has more features and can be used on Vita as well.
    Sigh. I'm aware of the issues. And I still want to give you my money anyway. Please tell the appropriate person at Zen.

Sigh. I'm aware of the issues. And I still want to give you my money anyway. Please tell the appropriate person at Zen.
    I hate to make you sigh! But ZP1 is gone. Sorry!

I, too, would've preferred to still plunk down on ZP1. When I read a PS Blog comment regarding its imminent removal, I miiight've been able to've squeezed a purchase in. However, I'm not the biggest pinball wiz, so even just matching trophies between MP and ZP2 would be feat enough. And now that I've found Pinball FX2 was also yours, I'm thematically fine with coming in on seconds.

However, I'm compelled to ask: Are all of ZP1's trophies in ZP2's trophy list? I've noticed the Marvel tables only show two per inZP2, as opposed to three per in MP.

Ah, Zen Pinball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled, Brave Story: New Traveler, and SHIFT extended. Of those departed downloads, the ones I got, the ones that really sync with me, don't feed my metagame fetish, haha!

Amazon still has a page for the download code, though they've long since stopped selling them. Shame, too, since they some game had discounts here or there.
    Last edited by TJF588; 09-05-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJF588 View Post
    Are all of ZP1's trophies in ZP2's trophy list?
    Nope! Just half of them, since ZP1 had 4 trophies per table.

I, too, would've preferred to still plunk down on ZP1. When I read a PS Blog comment regarding its imminent removal, I miiight've been able to've squeezed a purchase in. However, I'm not the biggest pinball wiz, so even just matching trophies between MP and ZP2 would be feat enough. And now that I've found Pinball FX2 was also yours, I'm thematically fine with coming in on seconds.
    I wish I had seen a comment that it was going to be removed, I'd have literally thrown money over this way.

Ah, Zen Pinball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Reshelled, Brave Story: New Traveler, and SHIFT extended. Of those departed downloads, the ones I got, the ones that really sync with me, don't feed my metagame fetish, haha!

Amazon still has a page for the download code, though they've long since stopped selling them. Shame, too, since they some game had discounts here or there.
    Yeah, I found the Amazon page already. Almost all of my game purchases (not the free ones from plus) this year have been for games that were released several years ago, so I too find this a huge shame, and puzzling to say the least.

As an update, I've noticed that the Demo version is still on the US store, and the full version is still on the UK store. I'm trying to figure out how to throw money to the UK store, but Sony doesn't make that easy if you're a US citizen....

It has been out for about four sigh* years.

Quote Originally Posted by beazrmazster View Post
    It has been out for about four sigh* years.
    Three years of which I didn't have a PS3. And I only just started getting into pinball after the Christmas PS+ deal where they gave out Marvel Pinball for free. Then, seeing a ZP2 announcement, I was waiting to get them both at the same time, hopeful that there'd maybe be a bundle or discount on the original. Seriously, if someone had said to me that ZP1 would be going away when ZP2 came out, I would not have hesitated to buy it.

Hi,

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question.

I have both Zen1 and Marvel. It's first thing in the morning in the UK (on the day of the store update) so I don't have ZP2 yet. I was planning to download ZP2 later, and if after a few games it looked good I was going to delete Zen1 and Marvel.

If I delete the two originals will I be able to get them back if I change my mind later? Will they still be in the download list even if they are not in the store for new peeps?

This isn't a drop dead issue of course, but now I'm worried: I love the originals, but what if I delete them, and then change my mind only to find them gone?!

Cheers wise peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    Hi,

I have both Zen1 and Marvel. It's first thing in the morning in the UK (on the day of the store update) so I don't have ZP2 yet. I was planning to download ZP2 later, and if after a few games it looked good I was going to delete Zen1 and Marvel.

If I delete the two originals will I be able to get them back if I change my mind later? Will they still be in the download list even if they are not in the store for new peeps?

This isn't a drop dead issue of course, but now I'm worried: I love the originals, but what if I delete them, and then change my mind only to find them gone?!

Cheers wise peeps.
    I believe ZP1 will be removed and Marvel will stay (though not sure how long, I'll have to find out what the plan is for that), since that's what we did here North America. I would suggest not deleting them for a while until you are absolutely sure. I think you'll be very happy with ZP2 though.

Hi,

Cheers wise peeps.
    If you've purchased it, you can always redownload it. So it's not really gone from PSN, but just hidden so that the only place it can be found is from your download history....

If you've purchased it, you can always redownload it. So it's not really gone from PSN, but just hidden so that the only place it can be found is from your download history....
    Thanks for the answer.

Now I just have to wait until this evening; this is annoying to me as I am in the future wrt you Americanos. Sony has got it wrong: we over here should clearly be first!

Thanks for the answer.

Now I just have to wait until this evening; this is annoying to me as I am in the future wrt you Americanos. Sony has got it wrong: we over here should clearly be first!
    Agreed. Then I may have found out that ZP1 is getting zapped and would be able to buy it now from the US store.

I do not have VITA.

I downloaded 2 mins ago Zen Pinball 2 classic (trial) and i cannot start it because it wants vita plugged in.

Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBODYALIVE View Post
    I do not have VITA.

I downloaded 2 mins ago Zen Pinball 2 classic (trial) and i cannot start it because it wants vita plugged in.

Now what?
    Make sure you downloaded the PS3 version of Zen Pinball 2 (the program itself) and the PS3 version of the Classic Pack (trail). The PS3 version is the one that doesn't have "PS Vita" in the title.

Since this is the cross buy program both versions will listed in the download section.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-05-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Oh yes...im sorry! ..i downloaded the right version of zp2 !!!

I must say that downloading section of playstation store is not clear.

thank you mate!

Angry where is zp2 for ps3

i see all the tables but the actual program i dont see anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by KcBomb View Post
    i see all the tables but the actual program i dont see anywhere!
    It should be in the "PS3 Games" section, while the tables are in the add-ons section.

Why is this happening? I haven t bought some of the old tables and I m hunting the trophys. How can I download the tables from Zen Pinball 1. I m a little bit depressed right now.

Is there really now way to download the missing tables for zen Pinball 1 if they haven t been bought?
    Maybe there is a CD-Version I can buy or even a PSN-Download-Code from you Zen-Studios?

Do I get the trophy for Earth Defense in Zen Pinball 1 if I get all ten Medals in Zen Pinball 2. I ve seen the new Pinball Version is creating a new Trophylist.
    Last edited by Tetris; 09-25-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris View Post
    Why is this happening? I haven t bought some of the old tables and I m hunting the trophys. How can I download the tables from Zen Pinball 1. I m a little bit depressed right now.

Is there really now way to download the missing tables for zen Pinball 1 if they haven t been bought?
    Maybe there is a CD-Version I can buy or even a PSN-Download-Code from you Zen-Studios?

Do I get the trophy for Earth Defense in Zen Pinball 1 if I get all ten Medals in Zen Pinball 2. I ve seen the new Pinball Version is creating a new Trophylist.
    1. You can't
    2. Nope
    3. No

Default Redeem Code

Is this really it. I understand why a company is releasing an new game. I can t understand why the old one has been deleted completely. Is there maybe a possibility to get a redeemcode from Zen Studios. That would be great. I just wasn t finished with my other tables.
    Last edited by Tetris; 09-25-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Is this really it. I understand why a company is releasing an new game. I can t understand why the old one has been deleted completely. Is there maybe a possibility to get a redeemcode from Zen Studios. That would be great. I just wasn t finished with my other tables.
    So sorry for the inconvenience. It's gone.

Is this really it. I understand why a company is releasing an new game. I can't understand why the old one has been deleted completely.
    There are many reasons why they would pull off a game from the PSN. Here are a few that I can think of.

1.) Support - They are no longer supporting ZP1. What's the point of keeping it listed?
    2.) Space - Each slot/file that Zen has on the PSN costs money to keep active. What's the point in keeping the files active, when only a small number of people (no more than 100) are going to buy them?
    3.) Reduce confusion - A lot of casual fans would get confused on what's the difference between ZP1 DLC and ZP2 DLC.

Is there maybe a possibility to get a redeem code from Zen Studios.
    Redeem codes expire after a year (Sony policy), so I doubt that they have any available for an old game like ZP1.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-25-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    There are many reasons why they would pull off a game from the PSN. Here are a few that I can think of.

1.) Support - They are no longer supporting ZP1. What's the point of keeping it listed?
    2.) Space - Each slot/file that Zen has on the PSN costs money to keep active. What's point in keeping the files active, when only a small number of people (no more than 100) are going to buy them?
    3.) Reduce confusion - A lot of casual fans would get confused on what's the difference between ZP1 DLC and ZP2 DLC.

Redeem codes expire after a year, so I doubt that they have any available for an old game like ZP1.
    Of course I see your points. But the tables are still there but not listet. I still can download the tables I allready bought.
    It is just sad, that I can t complete a game I like that much. I m just a few weeks to late. I thought there could be just any possibility to get the tables and the rest of my Trophys in Zen Pinball 1.

I don t know, how this redeem codes work. I was just brainstorming. I m in totally in this trophything, and now I got a game I can t complete.

If I could delete the Trophylist from my accout, I would do so. Maybe there will be an update to obtain the trophys from zen pinball 1 in zen pinball 2?
    Last edited by Tetris; 09-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Of course I see your points. But the tables are still there but not listet. I still can download the tables I allready bought.
    True, but when they are in that dormant state, Sony doesn't charge Zen for it. That's a separate service that Sony offers to the customer, since the customer has already bought the title.

I don't know, how these redeem codes work.
    Plain and simple, Sony only gives you one year to redeem the code from it's activation date before it expires.

Maybe it is possible to contact Sony for this content?

Is there another way to get all the trophys which are left?
    Last edited by Tetris; 09-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Maybe it is possible to contact Sony for this content?

Is there another way to get all the trophys which are left?
    Sorry! There is no way to get them at this point. We chose to take Zen Pinball down once ZP2 went live, sorry for the inconvenience.

Default broken Pinball-Heart

Sorry! There is no way to get them at this point. We chose to take Zen Pinball down once ZP2 went live, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Will there be any chance to get the trophys in the future? Maybe the Zen Studios will have mercy an let me get the trophys or the content. I will buy it twice if needed. It is difficult for me to accept this at the moment. It is just not fair to have unobtainable trophys in my list I took so much care of.
    Last edited by Tetris; 09-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Will there be any chance to get the trophys in the future? Maybe the Zen Studios will have mercy an let me get the trophys or the content. I will buy it twice if needed. It is difficult for me to accept this at the moment. It is just not fair to have unobtainable trophys in my list I took so much care of.
    Once it's been taken down, it's gone for good

I see. That s a pitty. I m still not satisfied with this answer. Please, do not take this personally. Can you just talk the people in charge in this cause and tell them about a little sad guy who is watching the pinball sky he wants to reach. I think there are some more players who would download the tables from the store.

Thank you for your answer so far. I m going to sleep now.

Hello, I would also like to request the developers to bring back the ZP1 tables. I'm kind of a trophy hunter myself and I was eventually going to get all the trophies for this game, but I was still missing the Sorcerer Lair and Epic Quest tables. Would be great to bring them back, at least for a short time, for us trophy hunters.

Over at ps3trophies.org forum, some other people also want the tables back for the same reason. They even started a request at the Playstation Blog: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...zen-pinball-1/

At least let the developers know there's demand for the old tables. Please don't just say they're gone forever and leave it at that.

Hey guys, as far as I know, Zen Pinball is gone and not coming back. It was up for around 4 years, we made the decision to take Zen Pinball down once we released the new game. Sorry, but it is gone.

I believe ZP1 will be removed and Marvel will stay (though not sure how long, I'll have to find out what the plan is for that), since that's what we did here North America.
    I have whats probably a stupid question.....when i first downloaded zp2, i purchased avengers chronicles dlc. Since then ive purchased marvel pinball, & all the other dlc for marvel pin( v & v, cap a, f4) & imported to zp2. Will my zp2 avg chr. dlc work backwards (like how you get zp2 dlc "free" when you have marvel dlc) with the marvel pin core game? Or am i going to have to puchase the marvel pin dlc version to play those tables on marvel? If i have to purchase the marvel dlc...then do you know yet how long before that gets takin off the psn store? Yeah i know, dumb question, but im not home to try & figure it out & im just curious..
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 10-02-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    I have whats probably a stupid question.....when i first downloaded zp2, i purchased avengers chronicles dlc. Since then ive purchased marvel pinball, & all the other dlc for marvel pin( v & v, cap a, f4) & imported to zp2. Will my zp2 avg chr. dlc work backwards (like how you get zp2 dlc "free" when you have marvel dlc) with the marvel pin core game? Or am i going to have to puchase the marvel pin dlc version to play those tables on marvel? If i have to purchase the marvel dlc...then do you know yet how long before that gets takin off the psn store? Yeah i know, dumb question, but im not home to try & figure it out & im just curious..
    Not a dumb question at all! However, I have a dumb answer! I don't know if it will work in reverse! Has anyone else tried this before?

Not a dumb question at all! However, I have a dumb answer! I don't know if it will work in reverse! Has anyone else tried this before?
    It doesn't work reverse, since Marvel Pinball doesn't have the import feature.

It doesn't work reverse, since Marvel Pinball doesn't have the import feature.
    Ok...yeah i was hopin the marvel pin dlc version would work like the zp2 dlc.....after you purchase the marvel dlc, when you go back to the ps store it shows the zp2 dlc as "free" instead of 9.99 or 2.49 or whatever the table had cost. But i just looked & it appears ill have to bite the bullitt & purchase avg chronicles twice...no biggie, love the game so much, im willing to do that! Is there an estimated time of removal for the marvel stuff yet? Incase anyone else is reading this and needs to know...

Ok...yeah i was hopin the marvel pin dlc version would work like the zp2 dlc.....after you purchase the marvel dlc, when you go back to the ps store it shows the zp2 dlc as "free" instead of 9.99 or 2.49 or whatever the table had cost. But i just looked & it appears ill have to bite the bullitt & purchase avg chronicles twice...no biggie, love the game so much, im willing to do that! Is there an estimated time of removal for the marvel stuff yet? Incase anyone else is reading this and needs to know...
    I don't think we'll be taking it down any time soon, but if I hear otherwise I will let you all know!

Why did the Zen Studios remove the original Zen Pinball tables, but the marvel tables are still downloadable.
    @BarbieBoBomb have you talked to somebody and found out there will be a chance for downloading the old tables?

How many users would have to buy the tables until it is worth the trouble for Zen Studios?

Cu

Why did the Zen Studios remove the original Zen Pinball tables, but the marvel tables are still downloadable.
    Because of an agreement with Marvel. Plus, one of the tables (Fantastic Four) hasn't been released on Zen Pinball 2 yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel Pinball pulled from the PSN store as soon as the F4 is released on ZP2.

Because of an agreement with Marvel. Plus, one of the tables (Fantastic Four) hasn't been released on Zen Pinball 2 yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel Pinball pulled from the PSN store as soon as the F4 is released on ZP2.
    Sure, that is possible. I never heard of removed content before. This is the first time I m confrontet with it. When I look up the store and the content there, I think it can t be very expansive to keep stuff here to let people buy it. Same goes for the Xbox live marketplace. There is still content from the launchtitles you can buy.

Sorry, for still writing in this topic. But I m still very sad about this issue.

I never heard of removed content before. This is the first time I m confrontet with it.
    I've seen content being removed from PSN/XBLA quite often. For example, just look at the TMNT games. All of them were removed from the PSN and XBLA, because the license lapsed for Activision.

Another Zen title that was removed on the PSN was The Punisher: No Mercy. No reason was given for the pull, but I assume it's because the game was done under a partnership with Sony and the license between them expired.

When I look up the store and the content there, I think it can't be very expansive to keep stuff here to let people buy it. Same goes for the Xbox live marketplace. There is still content from the launchtitles you can buy.
    True, but then again. No contract is created equal. Sony might have made them a package deal. For example, if Sony can free up space by removing ZP1 and eventually MP content, then Sony will give Zen a discount on the certification fees for ZP2. To Zen that would be really enticing and the only people that are going to be upset with this decision are a small few who are trophy collectors (like yourself).
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.

I've seen content being removed from PSN/XBLA quite often. For example, just look at the TMNT games. All of them were removed from the PSN and XBLA, because the license lapsed for Activision.

Another Zen title that was removed on the PSN was The Punisher: No Mercy. No reason was given for the pull, but I assume it's because the game was done under a partnership with Sony and license between them expired.

True, but then again. No contract is created equal. Sony might have made them a package deal. For example, if Sony can free up space by removing ZP1 and eventually MP content, then Sony will give Zen a discount on the certification fees for ZP2. To Zen that would be really enticing and the only people that are going to be upset with this decision are a small few who are trophy collectors (like yourself).
    Okay, okay you won that round, a lapsed license and another Zen-Game. Do you know the pricing or are you just thinking it could be this way? I m just curious.

Okay, okay you won that round, a lapsed license and another Zen-Game. Do you know the pricing or are you just thinking it could be this way? I m just curious.
    I don't know the pricing, since I'm not a game developer. I've worked in purchasing as a buyer and the one thing you quickly learn is how to haggle with the sales reps. Sony is no different. They want games on their PSN service, but they don't like duplicates. It makes sense that Sony would cut Zen a deal to try to get all of the tables under one house (ZP2) and remove the duplicates.

FWIW, with the removal of ZP1, Sony freed up over a 1GB of server space. The game itself with all 12 tables was clocking in at about 800MB and with the demo (separate from the game) was another 280MB.

ZP2 is clocking at 1.5GB with all of the tables for PS3 and 1GB with all tables on the Vita. Removing ZP1 just freed up the enough space for the Vita version of ZP2.

@BarbieBoBomb have you talked to somebody and found out there will be a chance for downloading the old tables?

How many users would have to buy the tables until it is worth the trouble for Zen Studios?

Cu
    Sorry! ZP is not going back up. The game is pretty outdated and we want people playing Zen Pinball 2, since is a huge improvement and something we've poured our hearts into for the last couple of years.

You could at least leave them as a free gift for zen pinball 2 table buyers...
    A warning before the removal wouldn't be bad either.
    I was assuming I'll be able to buy them later, and now I just can't :/
    And no, buying dlc for zen2 won't do the trick. They won't give me chance to go for 100%

Quote Originally Posted by zbiv View Post
    You could at least leave them as a free gift for zen pinball 2 table buyers...
    Final time I'm going to say this:

Zen Pinball is gone. If you didn't purchase it in the 3+ years that it was available, then you missed out. For that, I apologize. We have no plans on putting it back up on PSN, nor do we have plans to remove Marvel Pinball. We released Zen Pinball 2 for FREE as a thank you to those of you who purchased Zen Pinball/Marvel Pinball. I understand that some of you cannot accept that this is the case, but I am sorry, it is.

Uh-oh. It looks some forum members have ruffled Barbie's feathers. Bad forum. Bad. Bad. Hey barbie, where is a rolled up newspaper when you need one?

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Uh-oh. It looks some forum members have ruffled Barbie's feathers. Bad forum. Bad. Bad. Hey barbie, where is a rolled up newspaper when you need one?
    I've got a copy of GameInformer within arms reach. WATCH OUT

Zen Pinball is gone. If you didn't purchase it in the 3+ years that it was available, then you missed out. For that, I apologize. We have no plans on putting it back up on PSN, nor do we have plans to remove Marvel Pinball. We released Zen Pinball 2 for FREE as a thank you to those of you who purchased Zen Pinball/Marvel Pinball. I understand that some of you cannot accept that this is the case, but I am sorry, it is.
    In fact it's still on psn servers (as it has to be available for purchasers to be downloaded) and the only thing You should do to make us all happy is to put it again to the store (I believe no certification would be required). There is no licencing issue so it's definitely possible (I'm not sure if it would cost you any money but I believe you would earn enough from the sales - just give some info prior on proper sites). Also I remember at least one case when removed item got back for some time to allow users to buy it (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC).

You said you want to thank the community for buing your software... I believe that best way to say 'thank you' for many of us would be to give us opportunity to buy what we want (and we want ZP1 DLCs back, at least for one day). So we kindly ask, put them back to the store, even for few days.

At least there is somebody else suffering. I m sorry for you, too. I just overslept the point of the removal. I thought that everything is still there. In the game my button for the downloadable content is still glowing. They just catched us on the wrong foot in this case. I still won t believe it.

wow i didn't even realized ZP was gone of the store
    good thing i realized this way before erasing the game from my system
    also guys you can still buy marvel pinball if you want to show Zen support
    Last edited by bazz; 10-17-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    wow i didn't even realized ZP was gone of the store
    good thing i realized this way before erasing the game from my system
    also guys you can still buy marvel pinball if you want to show Zen support
    What i'd like to see is some support from Zen themselves
    I already showed mine buying Zen Pinball, some DLC and Planet Minigolf with DLC already.
    And this topic is all what i got in revenge :P

As for you being lucky with game still on disk it wouldn't be a problem.
    You can redownload things you have bought before so no problem there.

in this case.. i own zen 1 and zen 2. my only problem is that if we can't get tables for zen 1 or the trophies left for the tables we own then all of the trophies for these tables should have been transferred to zen 2. this is abit unfair and makes it feel unbalanced because some of these harder trophies weren't transferred.. and i'd like to get them. if you were taking down zen 1, you should have transferred all of the trophies because those own these tables would like to finish earning their trophies, instead of only an incomplete half list of trophies that we can get in zen 2. this is obviously not a space issue or whatnot, because you took down downloads and support for zen 1, so to be fair and transfer all trophies would have seemed easily done. perhaps this was time issue and some people were feeling lazy? PVZ table is the only new one that i have gotten in zen 2, and it may be my last. as much as i love zen pinball, being able to not finish my trophies for the tables i do own is a disappointment and makes me just not want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by pixiecorpse View Post
    in this case.. i own zen 1 and zen 2. my only problem is that if we can't get tables for zen 1 or the trophies left for the tables we own then all of the trophies for these tables should have been transferred to zen 2. this is abit unfair and makes it feel unbalanced because some of these harder trophies weren't transferred.. and i'd like to get them. if you were taking down zen 1, you should have transferred all of the trophies because those own these tables would like to finish earning their trophies, instead of only an incomplete half list of trophies that we can get in zen 2. this is obviously not a space issue or whatnot, because you took down downloads and support for zen 1, so to be fair and transfer all trophies would have seemed easily done. perhaps this was time issue and some people were feeling lazy? PVZ table is the only new one that i have gotten in zen 2, and it may be my last. as much as i love zen pinball, being able to not finish my trophies for the tables i do own is a disappointment and makes me just not want to play.
    I cast an impartial vote from an outsiders perspective for this thread to be closed before it becomes ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I cast an impartial vote from an outsiders perspective for this thread to be closed before it becomes ridiculous
    +1, majority of players don't even care about trophies anyways Oh no, I probably rustled some feathers XD

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    +1, majority of players don't even care about trophies anyways Oh no, I probably rustled some feathers XD
    I also agree! It's time to lock this thread. The only feathers that are going ruffled are the small few that are trophy hunters, who decided to sit on their thumbs for the past 2 years instead of pressing the purchase button.
    If it doesn't concern you, then please do not respond and be impolite.

If it doesn't concern you, then please do not respond and be impolite.
    Sorry! Post deleted! That came out wrong.

Default Why No More ZP1 tables for ZP1?!?!

Wow, this is really disappointing!

Zen Pinball 2 gave me an excuse to dust off Zen Pinball 1 from my Hard Drive catacombs. I purchased Captain America for Marvel Pinball so that it was available for both ZP2 and Marvel Pinball. I thought that was AWESOME!! And I love that I can play my previous table purchases like Street Fighter II Tribute on ZP1 & 2. So, why wouldn't you (Zen) make the ZP2 tables that were previously available on ZP1 backwards-compatible FOR ZP1? You'd be covering the market base for 2 games for the cost one piece of real-estate on the PSN.

FYI; I love the idea of cross-play and backwards compatibility! You give your customers great value for your product and that's what keeps us coming back for more! It's why I purchased ZP1, Marvel Pinball, numerous tables and EVEN ZEN Mini-golf. So kudos Zen Studios! However, I think it's a major oversight that you really should have keep some support for Zen Pinball Original!

HEY...HEY...HEY I like trophies!

Anyway, the support for ZP1 is kind of obsolete when ZP2 has everything that ZP1 has and more with all of the bugs fixed. I hear what the OP is saying, but I hope he understands why the support has stopped for that particular game.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    HEY...HEY...HEY I like trophies!

Anyway, the support for ZP1 is kind of obsolete when ZP2 has everything that ZP1 has and more with all of the bugs fixed. I hear what the OP is saying, but I hope he understands why the support has stopped for that particular game.
    I understand why support was stopped for ZP1, i'm just wondering why all of the trophies werent transferred over if we can't get them with ZP1. A lot of the very awesome (and hard!) trophies werent I understand its a lot of trophies, but it was alot of trophies in ZP1 too, so no difference there. There are some people that have been trying hard for these trophies, only now to see their dedication and hard work down the drain. And not all of us are trophy hunters.. I love the tables, and the trophies are a bonus, and it gives goals and motivation when you get to the point where you say "no more!" but then "ahh i'm so close, just another play" Perhaps this could be considered in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by pixiecorpse View Post
    You should still be able to get the trophies for the tables you already own for zen pin 1. The trophies havent been removed from the original games. The issue that people (myself included) are having is the tables for zp1 that they did not buy. The dlc for zen 1 is no longer available to purchase for that specific game. So the problem that people are having is that their trophy list for zen pin 1 will be incomplete, with no chance of 100% because they cant buy/install the dlc in order to even attempt the trophies. If you own the tables and are playing them on the zen pin 1 game itself, you will pop your trophies if you manage to make the requirements. So your all good on tables you already own. If you accidentaly deleted those tables, just go back in your download list and you'll find them there. If you missed purchasing any of the zp1 content, then unfortunetly you have to join the S.O.L. club with the rest of us, lol.

That being said, i think some of ya guys are bein a little rough on my fellow hunters. Yeah, i like trophies too! As im sure a few of you guys do as well. And not every trophy hunter blows through tons of games with the goal of maxing out trophy counts. Personaly, I like to 100%/Plat the few games i put on my list because i wanna get every bit i can out of these games that can get upwards and over 100$ with the dlc. Or games that i just love to play, like zen pin. And hell yeah, theres a big sense of gratification when you pop some of these trophies for this game!! Some of em aint no joke man!! And truth be told, quite a few hunters wont put this game in their lists because of the difficulty and time consumption this game takes. But yeah anyways, sure i know (now!!) zp1 has been out for 3 years. But not everyone can be in the know. Sometimes people just come late to the party. Or maybe didnt think theyd be interested in video pinball, untill they gave it a try. But its fairly easy to say too bad for you, your too late, and so on, when ya got your trophies or the opportunity to still try for em. But hey, it is what it is, right? And sure, a few of these guys are beating a dead horse with the multiple repetitive posts after Barbie has made it pretty clear its over and done with. Would i like to see Zen Pin1 and all the dlc back in the store? Yep. Do i get a little peeved when i pull the trophy requirements off in zen pin2 that would net me trophies in zen 1, had i the table? yep. But ill get over it. And give these guys a little break...they obviously love the game enough to want to get these tough ass trophies that take lots, and lots, of playtime!!!

And dont tell me you dont LOVE IT when that trophy sheild pops after youve been busting your ass for hours at a table!!!!!

Nuff Said!
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 11-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Thumbs down

PLEASE JUST BRING IT BACK. IM TIRED OF having it at 57%... only need 2 trophies to 100% all non dlc trophies and 19 trophies (with dlc) i want a new challenge like MARS. not the stupid eldorado table or shaman, im so tired of playing the same table now.. this is one of the hardest 100% and i wanted all trophies and you just ruined it for me...? congratulations for having the 1st 100% offline game that can be untainable if you never bought all dlcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Prtmcluesrol View Post
    PLEASE JUST BRING IT BACK. IM TIRED OF having it at 57%... only need 2 trophies to 100% all non dlc trophies and 19 trophies (with dlc) i want a new challenge like MARS. not the stupid eldorado table or shaman, im so tired of playing the same table now.. this is one of the hardest 100% and i wanted all trophies and you just ruined it for me...? congratulations for having the 1st 100% offline game that can be untainable if you never bought all dlcs?

Originally Posted by Barbie:

Most people only need lair table and epic quest anyway which was only out for 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by zbiv View Post
    You said you want to thank the community for buing your software... I believe that best way to say 'thank you' for many of us would be to give us opportunity to buy what we want (and we want ZP1 DLCs back, at least for one day). So we kindly ask, put them back to the store, even for few days.
    This is so true lol anyway is there any way to remove that message when starting ZP1? i don't want ZP2 ADS on ZP1 because i will never play it even if its free

@surf1der... i know... i know.... i have seen it 500 times now but the last 4 DLC was only out for 2 years anyway all ZP1 content was removed without warning.. this is worse than shutting down a server without warning... sorry my english is not good. going to bed now
    Last edited by Prtmcluesrol; 05-07-2013 at 03:14 AM.

KickBeaten Down

The problem with putting this stuff back on the store is that it would cause a lot more complaints that it solved. Since ZP2 isn't set up to handle new purchases of ZP1 content, many people buying it intentionally for ZP1 or unintentionally in an attempt to buy ZP2 tables would be upset when, after that, ZP2 was not able to import it.

And I'm not even sure that PSN allows add-ons to be sold without the main game being for sale. And having to sell the base ZP1 game would open up a huge can of worms because the whole ZP2 setup assumes that no sales of ZP1 are occurring. Plus the general confusion it would cause among players who don't have either game yet and are trying to figure out which one to buy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The problem with putting this stuff back on the store is that it would cause a lot more complaints that it solved. Since ZP2 isn't set up to handle new purchases of ZP1 content, many people buying it intentionally for ZP1 or unintentionally in an attempt to buy ZP2 tables would be upset when, after that, ZP2 was not able to import it.

And I'm not even sure that PSN allows add-ons to be sold without the main game being for sale. And having to sell the base ZP1 game would open up a huge can of worms because the whole ZP2 setup assumes that no sales of ZP1 are occurring. Plus the general confusion it would cause among players who don't have either game yet and are trying to figure out which one to buy.
    Thank you for a reply, atleast a good reason now. I understand about the confusion, but isn't it possible to let ZP2 main game+DLC include ZP1+dlc? in same purchase so people won't complain that they did a wrong purchase? buying Street fighter ii for ZP2 will include ZP1's version of it, etc?

Or is it possible to patch it and include a import feature? or was ZP1 Support dropped right after epic quest?

KickBeaten Down

Thank you for a reply, atleast a good reason now. I understand about the confusion, but isn't it possible to let ZP2 main game+DLC include ZP1+dlc? in same purchase so people won't complain that they did a wrong purchase? buying Street fighter ii for ZP2 will include ZP1's version of it, etc?

Or is it possible to patch it and include a import feature? or was ZP1 Support dropped right after epic quest?
    It's possible, but I don't think either we or Sony (there would be work for both of us) want to put in the weeks it would take to get this implemented and thoroughly tested for a game that's functionally obsolete.

It's possible, but I don't think either we or Sony (there would be work for both of us) want to put in the weeks it would take to get this implemented and thoroughly tested for a game that's functionally obsolete.
    I understand. it's just me who is mad because another 100% on my list is unachieveable. i know i had some time to buy it before it was removed, but still very disappointed, oh well... i will probably never get 100% because of earth defense anyway i'll try to complete the main game trophies from now on except earth defense. Thanks for replyin my messages. trophy hunters always love to bitch you know

Still had alot of fun anyway, 80-100 hours since march on it and im very addicted to it
    Last edited by Prtmcluesrol; 05-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.

i will probably never get 100% because of earth defense anyway i'll try to complete the main game trophies from now on except earth defense.
    That trophy was a nightmare to get on ZP1. It took me over 100 hours to get and I just barely got it.

On ZP2, that trophy is a breeze to get thanks to the new physics engine.

Thumbs up

That trophy was a nightmare to get on ZP1. It took me over 100 hours to get and I just barely got it.

On ZP2, that trophy is a breeze to get thanks to the new physics engine.
    damn... 100 hours lol i wonder why there are no gold trophies in this game or ZP2 DLC, this is the hardest game i have ever played, whatever i like hard bronze trophies and silvers. respect to you who had patience, i don't have enough patience to get the shaman silver, it's a pain to start the missions, it's even worse completing them, atleast theres no time limit tho, but i still lose my ball in middle of a mission -_- thank god for the save option to practice

damn... 100 hours lol i wonder why there are no gold trophies in this game or ZP2 DLC, this is the hardest game i have ever played, whatever i like hard bronze trophies and silvers. respect to you who had patience, i don't have enough patience to get the shaman silver, it's a pain to start the missions, it's even worse completing them, atleast theres no time limit tho, but i still lose my ball in middle of a mission -_- thank god for the save option to practice
    Shaman is another difficult one and it's just as difficult to get that trophy on the ZP2 version (same silver trophy). On ZP1, it's hard to complete the missions. In the ZP2, it's easy to complete the missions (thanks to easy to activate ball save), but it's hard to start them up (side holes and mini playfield are a pain to hit).

Shaman is another difficult one and it's just as difficult to get that trophy on the ZP2 version (same silver trophy). On ZP1, it's hard to complete the missions. In the ZP2, it's easy to complete the missions (thanks to easy to activate ball save), but it's hard to start them up (side holes and mini playfield are a pain to hit).
    Well i just got Skilled adventurer right now, this one was a headache, and took me about 80 mins. thank god for extra balls but still got it on my 1st ball i'll try shaman now. i hope this one won't let me quit this game lol.

Default Absolutely disgusted.

I registered on this forum so that I can officially voice my displeasure as well.

Whatever reason Zen studios have made to stop selling ZP1 dlc tables, while seemingly valid, were still very made poorly. I blame it on the product managers and devs who care less about a certain group of really passionate gamers who like to 100% games on their list trophy wise. On top of that a company that doesn't listen to user feedback will ultimately be worst off. If you can't find a working solution (be it a temporarily release of ZP1 dlc tables, codes one can buy elsewhere for the dlc tables, talks with Sony PSN to work around the issue, etc), then all I can say is that you are not doing your users a service and just taking the easy way out. This is all just software and fixable, and if you let some policies dictate your business with no wriggle room, then you don't deserve the support of your fans. (As a tangential side note, if you follow Tesla Motors, you will note how some drivers were upset because the company took out the fog lights, alcantara headliners, etc without notification, but after users passionately voiced their concerns, even Elon Musk, the CEO personally responded and promised to take corrective action. No wonder that company is so well loved by it's users. And yes, I have a Model S and have more than enough money, and yes, I want to give Zen studios my money for ZP1 dlcs tables but stupid decisions and feeble excuses at the company make this impossible.)

Personally, I was a huge fan of the original Zen Pinball 1, and bought it day one when it came out years ago. I played and busted my tail off on each table to get all trophies up to before the Earth Defense table was released. I then gave up on it because I had already spent way too much time on it and had other games on my list. I had intended on coming back to finish off the rest of the dlc table trophies when I wanted a change. But now that I can't even get 100%, I'm going to not only not bother to try, but stay away from any future pinball or Zen games. Sure, I'm only one customer, but you can be 100% sure (pun strongly intended) I will no longer give Zen studios my money, time or +1's in any of your future products.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by vinster_zen View Post
    I registered on this forum so that I can officially voice my displeasure as well.

Whatever reason Zen studios have made to stop selling ZP1 dlc tables, while seemingly valid, were still very made poorly. I blame it on the product managers and devs who care less about a certain group of really passionate gamers who like to 100% games on their list trophy wise. On top of that a company that doesn't listen to user feedback will ultimately be worst off. If you can't find a working solution (be it a temporarily release of ZP1 dlc tables, codes one can buy elsewhere for the dlc tables, talks with Sony PSN to work around the issue, etc), then all I can say is that you are not doing your users a service and just taking the easy way out. This is all just software and fixable, and if you let some policies dictate your business with no wriggle room, then you don't deserve the support of your fans. (As a tangential side note, if you follow Tesla Motors, you will note how some drivers were upset because the company took out the fog lights, alcantara headliners, etc without notification, but after users passionately voiced their concerns, even Elon Musk, the CEO personally responded and promised to take corrective action. No wonder that company is so well loved by it's users. And yes, I have a Model S and have more than enough money, and yes, I want to give Zen studios my money for ZP1 dlcs tables but stupid decisions and feeble excuses at the company make this impossible.)

Personally, I was a huge fan of the original Zen Pinball 1, and bought it day one when it came out years ago. I played and busted my tail off on each table to get all trophies up to before the Earth Defense table was released. I then gave up on it because I had already spent way too much time on it and had other games on my list. I had intended on coming back to finish off the rest of the dlc table trophies when I wanted a change. But now that I can't even get 100%, I'm going to not only not bother to try, but stay away from any future pinball or Zen games. Sure, I'm only one customer, but you can be 100% sure (pun strongly intended) I will no longer give Zen studios my money, time or +1's in any of your future products.
    That's fair. Everyone cares about different things. And in this case, as a small company with limited resources and no Musk-like multi-millionaire with numerous investors funding us, we can't cater to every individual. Every dollar spent on "temporarily" making the old tables available (thereby ensuring that we get the same complaint over and over in the future after that temporary period has ended) is a dollar we can't spend doing other things that are more relevant to a larger portion of our audience.

That inevitably means that we will upset some people and please others no matter what we choose to do or not do. And we've decided that more people want us to move forward with features and content rather than spending our time revisiting old stuff. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, and it's perfectly understandable that you're upset about it. But unless you're going to fund the effort yourself, it's not something that makes sense for us to do.

This guy is 100% right. remember, this game takes hundred of hours and alot of patience to get the trophies. it's 2013 now. Every trophy should be obtainable and ALWAYS.

That's fair. Everyone cares about different things. And in this case, as a small company with limited resources and no Musk-like multi-millionaire with numerous investors funding us, we can't cater to every individual. Every dollar spent on "temporarily" making the old tables available (thereby ensuring that we get the same complaint over and over in the future after that temporary period has ended) is a dollar we can't spend doing other things that are more relevant to a larger portion of our audience.

That inevitably means that we will upset some people and please others no matter what we choose to do or not do. And we've decided that more people want us to move forward with features and content rather than spending our time revisiting old stuff. I know it's not the answer you want to hear, and it's perfectly understandable that you're upset about it. But unless you're going to fund the effort yourself, it's not something that makes sense for us to do.
    That's not fair. No, i don't like different things. so not "everyone" likes different things. i understand it's a small company. No, the temporarily will work 90% if you WARN people for 30 days. ZP1 DLC got no warning, thats why this thread is here. if you guys warned about it, then it would be a high chance that this thread would never existed with 80 posts. the effort for bringing back the tables to ZP1 is so small... and will make some loyal customers happy.

Ever seen this thread on US BLOG?

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...zen-pinball-1/

I spent 12$ on this game and i should be ALLOWED TO buy DLC. i DON'T CARE IF ZP 1.5 IS FREE.

Firstly, thanks for the reply. At least this shows that you do care somewhat to respond to your customers. @Prtmcluesrol made some good arguments and I know of similar friends who feel likewise.

How much would it take to 'fund the effort'? Apart from money, I'm willing to donate my time to help if at all possible (I do a bit of software, although not for ps3. I don't mix business with pleasure. If you wish to discuss this offline, feel free to send me a personal message. I can only think of good outcomes both for customers and your company if this were done. You can then be a shining beacon for other ps3/ps4 dev studios on how a game company should make games and treat its customers.

Thumbs down

Firstly, thanks for the reply. At least this shows that you do care somewhat to respond to your customers. @Prtmcluesrol made some good arguments and I know of similar friends who feel likewise.

How much would it take to 'fund the effort'? Apart from money, I'm willing to donate my time to help if at all possible (I do a bit of software, although not for ps3. I don't mix business with pleasure. If you wish to discuss this offline, feel free to send me a personal message. I can only think of good outcomes both for customers and your company if this were done. You can then be a shining beacon for other ps3/ps4 dev studios on how a game company should make games and treat its customers.
    I was looking forward to Star wars pinball standalone and would bought it instant if Zp1 was returned. no point buying a new game if you can't 100% the old game from the same developers (i check PS STORE every day if the DLC is returned or not and i will continue to do this for years). Please Listen to your old customers, pulling DLC with trophies forever without warning is the easiest way to lose customers 30 days warning is enough. since it only takes 1 min to buy the DLC.

Also one more thing, Marvel pinball is still up with all the DLCS, can be transferred to ZP2 too. Why? So the ZP1 owners gets treated like crap? .
    Last edited by Prtmcluesrol; 05-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Wow....i thought this thread was ended 6 months ago....listen guys, i hear what your saying. Im one of the guys that missed out on ZP1 and would like that product returned to the store. But the explanation givin by Solitude makes absoloute sense. It is an older and outdated game, and has been improved with better physics. Theres no reason for support anymore. Yes, it would cause confusion for new and existing customers by putting ZP1 back on the store. Its would take resources, time, and money on both Zen Studios end and Sony's end to put this back. And im sorry, but if i look at it from a buisness point of view then no, it doesnt make any sense to do so. Seriously, how many of us are going to go & buy this now? It wont be alot. That thread in the ps blog (one that i signed and requested the return of ZP1) only has 40 something votes. And yeah, even if they put it back for a month and sell a few, like Solitude said, they will still get complaints from those that didnt know about that and how they missed out on a re-release! Just an endless cycle.

I think Zen Studios is one of the very few game developers that DO know how to treat their customers. Every table we've bought imports to the next upgraded game for free. Constant release of new material. Regular fixing/updating of the existing tables for bugs. (albeit, not all of them, lol) and they are very active in responding to the community personally. Where else can you report a game bug, and have the developer jump on the forum, asking questions, trying to solve the problems, announcing he has fixed the bugs for the next update?

Again, i feel your pain. I want ZP1 back in the store. But this is NOT the first game to be removed from the store. Its NOT the first game where some unlucky few are out of their 100% because dlc is no longer available. If your not buying new tables cause you cant get 100% in a game thats almost 4/5 years old....well your missing out on some seriously awesome tables guys.

Barbie...Solitude....i want the game back in the store. But im reasonable and fully understand the decision to pull it, and not return it. I think what you guys do for pinball is absoloutly spectacular. I believe you guys have a major hand in the recent revival of this game we all here at this forum (and elsewhere!) love and are very passionate about. Keep up the excellent work, and the tables coming for many years!
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 05-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Haven't kept up with all the e-mails of updates to this thread, but would it be beyond workability to just make the ZP1 tables available for purchase exclusively from within ZP1? Plenty of Store Update posts at the PS.Blog note that certain DLC/add-ons are only available from in-game. If this can be done, then those who own ZP1 already can polish off their trophy list, and newcomers can start out with ZP2, without confusion from the ZP1 content coexisting in the Store proper.

Aside, who all's taken a look at the Cross-Buy content for LBPs Vita and Karting? Several pieces that aren't available anymore, but are displayed (this is to allow owners of the LBPs 1 & 2 content to get the new versions, though I was able to buy much of the The Incredibles stuff, interspersed among the titles, when it was uploaded). If not Cross-Buy, then just make the ZP1 tables unavailable except to those who own ZP1 itself. I say "just", but I don't know how much effort that would take, but... It just seems raw to have a trophy entry sit incomplete. Wonder how many multiplayer games have become such...*hopes there's no trophy for AC Brotherhood interacting with Project Legacy*

Wonder how many multiplayer games have become such...*hopes there's no trophy for AC Brotherhood interacting with Project Legacy*
    Alot. Just about every EA sports game older than 1 1/2 - 2 seasons, quite a few others. Friend of mine recently got quite upset when Activision shut down servers on their version of ghostbusters. Ive read about plenty of other server shut downs on games less than 2 - 3 years old. Some stick around, some dont. Its one reason i stay away from most online multiplayer games, especially if they are 2 years or older.

Default Simple solution

Haven't kept up with all the e-mails of updates to this thread, but would it be beyond workability to just make the ZP1 tables available for purchase exclusively from within ZP1? Plenty of Store Update posts at the PS.Blog note that certain DLC/add-ons are only available from in-game. If this can be done, then those who own ZP1 already can polish off their trophy list, and newcomers can start out with ZP2, without confusion from the ZP1 content coexisting in the Store proper.
    While this is a solution, I believe this is what Solitude mentioned about funding the effort. I'm guessing it would take quite a bit to modify ZP1 to enable in-game DLC purchasing.

I can suggest a simple solution. @MarkItZeroSmoky mentioned that there were 40 votes to bring back ZP1 dlc tables. Zen studios could generate 40 codes for each DLC table and offer it on their own website. This is much like pre-order DLC codes: you can't buy pre-order DLCs when the game first comes out, but the code is emailed to you by Gamestop, Amazon, etc or even included in the discs you buy, upon which you enter and download the DLC. So the ZP1 DLC tables won't even be on the PSN store. Cause of confusion issue - no longer an issue.

Solitude, I'm willing to purchase 50 DLC codes per each ZP1 DLC table. I'm guessing there are around 10 ZP1 DLC tables? So say it is at $5 each, I'm willing to write a check to Zen studios right now for 50 * 10 * 5 = $2500 for all those codes. Heck, let's round it off to $3000. So Solitude, Zen Studios, how about it?! I have my check in-hand ready to sign. Heck, my paypal account is on my web browser now. Just tell me where to send the money to for the codes. I'll be waiting...

KickBeaten Down

The code generation would be a great solution, but Sony can't (or won't?) generate new codes for them at this point, and we've run out of our initial allotment for those tables.

I've passed along your request to Zsolt, the head honcho at Zen, and we'll see what he says.

Wow....i thought this thread was ended 6 months ago....listen guys, i hear what your saying. Im one of the guys that missed out on ZP1 and would like that product returned to the store. But the explanation givin by Solitude makes absoloute sense. It is an older and outdated game, and has been improved with better physics. Theres no reason for support anymore. Yes, it would cause confusion for new and existing customers by putting ZP1 back on the store. Its would take resources, time, and money on both Zen Studios end and Sony's end to put this back. And im sorry, but if i look at it from a buisness point of view then no, it doesnt make any sense to do so. Seriously, how many of us are going to go & buy this now? It wont be alot. That thread in the ps blog (one that i signed and requested the return of ZP1) only has 40 something votes. And yeah, even if they put it back for a month and sell a few, like Solitude said, they will still get complaints from those that didnt know about that and how they missed out on a re-release! Just an endless cycle.

I think Zen Studios is one of the very few game developers that DO know how to treat their customers. Every table we've bought imports to the next upgraded game for free. Constant release of new material. Regular fixing/updating of the existing tables for bugs. (albeit, not all of them, lol) and they are very active in responding to the community personally. Where else can you report a game bug, and have the developer jump on the forum, asking questions, trying to solve the problems, announcing he has fixed the bugs for the next update?

Again, i feel your pain. I want ZP1 back in the store. But this is NOT the first game to be removed from the store. Its NOT the first game where some unlucky few are out of their 100% because dlc is no longer available. If your not buying new tables cause you cant get 100% in a game thats almost 4/5 years old....well your missing out on some seriously awesome tables guys

Barbie...Solitude....i want the game back in the store. But im reasonable and fully understand the decision to pull it, and not return it. I think what you guys do for pinball is absoloutly spectacular. I believe you guys have a major hand in the recent revival of this game we all here at this forum (and elsewhere!) love and are very passionate about. Keep up the excellent work, and the tables coming for many years!
    I like ZEN and most of their DLC tables, but i just can't spend more money on a game from the same developer because it may happend again (all DLC removed no warning) because a bunch of DLC in these pinball games and they never stop releasing DLC (lol)

i like they are responding to messages too. i know ZP1 is old. but the last DLC was not old. it lasted for 9 months then it was removed for good.

Yes this is true, ZP1 has a in-game store option, but there's no DLC in it. it would be awesome to have the DLC in there instead. i really like this IDEA.

Aside, who all's taken a look at the Cross-Buy content for LBPs Vita and Karting? Several pieces that aren't available anymore, but are displayed (this is to allow owners of the LBPs 1 & 2 content to get the new versions, though I was able to buy much of the The Incredibles stuff, interspersed among the titles, when it was uploaded). If not Cross-Buy, then just make the ZP1 tables unavailable except to those who own ZP1 itself. I say "just", but I don't know how much effort that would take, but... It just seems raw to have a trophy entry sit incomplete. Wonder how many multiplayer games have become such...*hopes there's no trophy for AC Brotherhood interacting with Project Legacy*

Yeah, the ZP2 tables is unavailable for those who havn't downloaded the ZP1.5 (ZP2) unlock key so maybe make them unavailable for those who never bought ZP1? btw.. thank god this game doesn't have any multiplayer trophies, i find it weird that the multiplayer server is still on but no DLC, and no one plays multiplayer . :hint hint zen:

Alot. Just about every EA sports game older than 1 1/2 - 2 seasons, quite a few others. Friend of mine recently got quite upset when Activision shut down servers on their version of ghostbusters. Ive read about plenty of other server shut downs on games less than 2 - 3 years old. Some stick around, some dont. Its one reason i stay away from most online multiplayer games, especially if they are 2 years or older.
    Some EA sports games like Fight night round 4 is almost 4 years old and havn't given us a warning yet. look at NBA, the show, they shut down the servers every year.

I thought Activision never shut off their online services but arn't you sure it was Atari's Ghostbusters? that one got shut down without warning

The code generation would be a great solution, but Sony can't (or won't?) generate new codes for them at this point, and we've run out of our initial allotment for those tables.

I've passed along your request to Zsolt, the head honcho at Zen, and we'll see what he says.

Thank you very much. i hope for something good

KickBeaten Down

I like ZEN and most of their DLC tables, but i just can't spend more money on a game from the same developer because it may happend again (all DLC removed no warning) because a bunch of DLC in these pinball games and they never stop releasing DLC (lol)
    On the contrary, if it might happen again, you just need to buy everything immediately! Problem solved!

Thank you, Solitude. I sincerely hope this will work out. Sounds like a win-win for both you and us. Like I said, I'm willing to fund the codes. Let me know once it is sorted out. Cheers.

Thank you, Solitude. I sincerely hope this will work out. Sounds like a win-win for both you and us. Like I said, I'm willing to fund the codes. Let me know once it is sorted out. Cheers.
    It's been a week now and no news. i have a 20$ PSN Card right next to me. still waiting...

12 days now. seriously, what takes so long now? at least give us a update. i still have my 20$ PSN card to buy the remaining tables if it comes back or whatever.

12 days now. seriously, what takes so long now? at least give us a update. i still have my 20$ PSN card to buy the remaining tables if it comes back or whatever.
    Sorry, nothing to report.

Guys, what's up with the status? where's this Zsolt guy? how do i contact him? Cmon guys, at least re-release something about ZP1, bundle with the main game and all 9? or separate DLC's. i wouldn't mind buying a bundle even if i only need 4 DLC's. cheers

It's been a while and I've been holding out for some hope, but still nothing?

Mr. Solitude, any progress with the codes? My offer to fund them still stands. I know this will take some sidelining on your part, but you will make some very very happy customers for doing so! Hope to hear some good news. Thanks.

Default |

ZEN re-listed Pinball FX for some reason, if pinball fx is re-listed. then ZEN can re-list ZEN pinball. Also like a lot of people has said above, it's still on PSN so people who bought it before removal can always re-download it. Just give us some news already, at least something

As far as I know, we have no plans to bring ZP1 back to PSN, sorry.

Okay at least a reply this time . but can you tell me Zsolt's Email? or does he have a forum account here?

Well, the proposal was not to bring it back to PSN. If you checked a few posts earlier, I had recommended Zen to sell one-off codes, either from your website or in-game to interested buyers like us who want to purchase these tables just for ZP1. That way, it is not on the PSN store and will avoid confusion to existing PSN ZP2 users.

Solitude said that was possible and he forwarded the idea up the chain. But so far, nothing has been heard. I can't imagine that this is technically or legally impossible. If you can work with Sony to generate these codes for these tables, I'd happily fund them.

You still do realize that your original ZP1 game trophies are now totally unattainable for the tables your pulled (eg. Earth Defense, Mars Attack, etc). I just can't see how you can leave them unattainable for dedicated gamers like us?! The fact that this thread is still alive proves it! Can't you help us out?!

Well, the proposal was not to bring it back to PSN. If you checked a few posts earlier, I had recommended Zen to sell one-off codes, either from your website or in-game to interested buyers like us who want to purchase these tables just for ZP1. That way, it is not on the PSN store and will avoid confusion to existing PSN ZP2 users.

Solitude said that was possible and he forwarded the idea up the chain. But so far, nothing has been heard. I can't imagine that this is technically or legally impossible. If you can work with Sony to generate these codes for these tables, I'd happily fund them.

You still do realize that your original ZP1 game trophies are now totally unattainable for the tables your pulled (eg. Earth Defense, Mars Attack, etc). I just can't see how you can leave them unattainable for dedicated gamers like us?! The fact that this thread is still alive proves it! Can't you help us out?!
    Vinster said everything i was going to say. It's also possible to add it to in-game store without adding it to the original PS store since PS store and in-game store is completely different. there's also a game that de-listed the DLC from the store, but it's on the in-game store. Even if a customer buys the wrong title, they can always import it into ZP2. IMO i like ZP1 better than ZP2. and i'm pretty sure someone else likes it better than ZP2.

EDIT: ZEN can also add it as a free gift to ZP2 buyers of Classic tables.
    Last edited by Prtmcluesrol; 06-27-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Another suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast