Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT message regarding Zen Pinball 2

Default IMPORTANT message regarding Zen Pinball 2

Hey everyone! Just a note to explain the turbulence we're experiencing with Zen Pinball 2:

We are aware that some users are experiencing import issues, we are working with SCEA and SCEE to fix this. Please understand that this is a very complicated launch: backwards compatibilty, Cross Buy, a huge library of content across mulitple games, as well as brand new DLC... you can imagine that a lot can go wrong. Please remain patient while we work on these issues From the bottom of our hearts, we apologize for the inconvenience, we know you've been so patient and supportive through the long wait for Zen Pinball 2. We are so lucky to have such great fans!

Also, Fantastic Four will be coming soon, it just needed some extra attention before we could release it. I know you'll all be happy with how far it has come since its original launch!

Thank you all for your continued support! We <3 our fans!!

-Barbie
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Köszönjük és imádunk titeket

Thank you and take my best wishes. (I am suffering importing problems as well. Until, I play with my brand new PvsZ table.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

No probs Zen; you guys always strive to do your Fans the best and this is no different, every launch has its hiccups and considering what you guys had to implement in ZP2... Its not about the Mistakes its about how you Correct them which in my opinion you are one of very few devs who alway do as such.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

All working for me now (On Vita) other than the Classic pack which is missing off the store so I can't unlock them, though the trial works so at least they are downloaded ready to use.

The only other issue I had was them showing a price in the store, but this often happens with the cross buy stuff I find so I just went into each pack I already owned and it shows Free on the actual purchase page. Although I now notice I could also have just done it from within the game itself, which is good as it gets hard to remember what you downloaded already so doing it from in-game is more practical.

Hopefully the classics pack will show up shortly, although personally they always felt the weakest of the all the tables anyway.

Very impressed with the PS Vita version of the game, it plays far better than Zen Pinball did on PS3 which always felt "off" to me compared to Pinball FX.

Although all future DLC will be on PS3/Vita now thanks to the cross buy, no point buying it on Pinball FX2 if I can get the portable version for free by choosing PS3.

Sony really needs to push all developers to do this, its the one thing that convinced me, a long standing Xbox fan, to use my PS3.
    Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 09-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.

The PSN SCEE store is not fully updated, that is why you aren't seeing the Classics come up yet. They'll be there soon!

Yea, it took me a few tries to get my tables imported on both PS3 and PS Vita, but I got them working and it was worth every second of it. I'm off to buy the PvZ table now.

Thanks for another awesome game!

-BingBangBoing

As posted in another thread..

No doubt a headache of a day for Zen Studios but we do appreciate all your hard work.

The games industry is horrendous for the hours it demands of workers on the days before a release.. trust me people Zen are slogging their guts out..

Thanks for being understanding! You guys are the best!!!

Default question?

is still still ongoing?

the Ps3 EU look to be working here. but no go on PsV EU dont.

new info would be good.
    Last edited by chrisalddin; 09-05-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: type wrong word.

Still working... sit tight!

Default little info

a FYI if you did not know

all Zen pinball addon content for ZP1 is missing from EU (UK) PSN.

ZP2 addon content also is blank.

i dont know if this is link to inport or not.
    however with them missing your not going to make any money. and not making money = bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Also, Fantastic Four will be coming soon, it just needed some extra attention before we could release it. I know you'll all be happy with how far it has come since it's original launch!
    What was wrong with Fantastic Four at launch?

Hey,

I have ZP1 on PS3 but the console is broken, should I be able to import onto my Vita?

I can see the classic tables unlock on PSN Store from my Vita but no way to download it so stuck in demo mode.

Having played demo version of tables on demo mode I can say this game is bloody awesome!

What I am doing is downloading the tables straight from the PS Store. Also because the import is missing the background option it seems. Anyway, in the Italian PS Store all tables were there!

My biggest issue is my wifi signal. Today it decided to be junk!!

EU PS3 has no unlock purchase for the Earth Defense table. I was able to get it on Vita, but can't get it for PS3 =(

Only trial is available in the Store.

Not really. I am accessing now Earth Defence from ZP2 and it has both.

Exclamation Sorcerer's Lair has no unlock

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
    EU PS3 has no unlock purchase for the Earth Defense table. I was able to get it on Vita, but can't get it for PS3 =(

Only trial is available in the Store.
    Same with Socerer's Lair !
    ("this product can't be puchased with your account" screen on the EU PSN)

EDIT :
    in fact SL is ok (you must use the inApp "buying mecanism) !
    The problem for Vita is the Classics Pack (Eldorado,...) which is not installing fully, only the demo version.
    Last edited by DanHD; 09-06-2012 at 03:59 AM.

That is weird, I've unlocked the SL, but not the ED.

it look's like the system to unlock ZP1 tables is not working right.

and the bug look's to be random to.

and let not start on the Bug in the Vita game. all 9 of my tables on my vita are still locked.

i dont think this is link to the PSN store update. the update will be all done now.
    it got to be some type of bug in the store and/or Game.

and this is my 2p.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisalddin View Post
    it look's like the system to unlock ZP1 tables is not working right.

and the bug look's to be random to.

and let not start on the Bug in the Vita game. all 9 of my tables on my vita are still locked.

i dont think this is link to the PSN store update. the update will be all done now.
    it got to be some type of bug in the store and/or Game.

and this is my 2p.
    It's not a bug, we are aware of it and we're working on it. Refer to my message at the top of this thread

I've gotten everything on my Vita just fine, it just seems like the PSN store only has the options to download the ZP2 tables for Vita when I tried on PS3. For instance when trying to import Captain America it sends me to the store and the options are Unlock, Demo, Unlock, Demo, Zen Pinball 2, but all are for Vita, none for PS3.

I'm happy with getting them for Vita, so I'll just check back to see when everything is fixed. I feel sorry for the guys at Zen, probably pulling there hair out working on this.

will there be a way to lower the sound of the ball rolling separately in the future. it is a little loud! for now i will have to lower all of the sounds linked to it.aside from this splendid job! the importing went smoothly without a hitch. i love the upgrades that i have noticed! thank you for your amazing work! the plants versus zombies table is perfect!!
    Last edited by cephun; 09-05-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cephun View Post
    will there be a way to lower the sound of the ball rolling separately in the future. it is a little loud! for now i will have to lower all of the sounds linked to it.aside from this splendid job! the importing went smoothly without a hitch. i love the upgrades that i have noticed! thank you for your amazing work! the plants versus zombies table is perfect!!
    I may be just pulling this out of thin air, but I think there is a separate control for the sound effects... I'd have to go check though!

you are correct, i meant just for that sound. it is quite overpowering on some tables. out of the tables i've played so far,blade is the most noticeable. i was wondering since all the other sound effects levels were fine.

the only thing for me is the friends challenge window i can't turn it off ! , i will play with it but i would really like to be able to take it out . i usally put the dot matrix in the bottom , but the challenge window covers it complety.
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

from my experience, it seems to be happen the first time you play a table. the next time i play it's not totally covered by that notification. it's annoying as hell, but at least it was only the first time you play a table...so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cephun View Post
    from my experience, it seems to be happen the first time you play a table. the next time i play it's not totally covered by that notification. it's annoying as hell, but at least it was only the first time you play a table...so far.
    i thought that too , but that only the score you beaten , it still pops up after even tho you played the table , really weird that they realeased it like this.
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Exclamation Classic Pack (Eldorado...) has no unlock in EUR PS Store for Vita (only demo)

The Classics Pack (Eldorado...) has only a demo version in EUR PS Store.
    Not possible to install the full version of the Classsics pack even using the inApp "buying" mecanism :
    it says "no content available" when you clic on "buying the collection".

No problem for the Marvel pack, for Epic Quest, for Excalibur, for Socerer's Lair :
    tables are ok, fully installed at no extra cost (I alreday have the PS3 versions).

Quality of the ZP2 in fabulous !
    Excellent job in 3D on the PS3 version !

Bravo Zen Sudio !

Still cant import my old tables.

Another question: the program says I have to buy the full version to get the trophies. What does that "full version" means?

Just to say that I had strickly no problem with ZP2.

I download ZP2 from the store, install it, go in it and use the import option ("square" button). It download me all my previous tables without any problem, just take 45 minutes to DL all.
    I saw all the post here and i think i'm just a bit lucky....
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Everything worked perfect, except for the missing classic tables on PSVita. Great job and the game plays much better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    The Classics Pack (Eldorado...) has only a demo version in EUR PS Store.
    Not possible to install the full version of the Classsics pack even using the inApp "buying" mecanism :
    it says "no content available" when you clic on "buying the collection".
    I think we shouls stop referring to the EU PS Store as a single one, and describe the issues by country. For example the Italian PS Store is fully loaded and I could download from it all tables (well, apart for a couple i've got from the ingame market). I checked my UK account and it was pretty bad: half of the tables were missing!

The import tool never worked for me, but I also have a bad wifi on these days. Still, it was completely unneeded. Did we really wait so long to have the tool fixed while the "import" can be easily done downloading the free codes (well, and the tables, sure) from the game or the PS store?

Bad, bad Zen. Please keep designing great videogames and for God's sake don't move into writing e-shopping applications!!

First off, great job pushing ZP to it's 2.0 state. It plays, feels and looks awesome.

As for the import I only had/have (im not done yet downloading on the vita, need more time tonight) some issues regarding the Vita version that i decided to try again later on today.

The PS3 version however imported everything just fine but i would rather have seen you had put all tables (the trials) in the main download pack as the importing of seperate packs and tables became a bit tedious after the 5th seperate download. But thats just nitpicking.

Again great job at this!

Thumbs up In the Netherlands the Vita version cannot import

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    I think we shouls stop referring to the EU PS Store as a single one, and describe the issues by country.
    Good plan. I am from the Netherlands, and herethe import on the Vita does not work. When I try to buy (even though that should not be necessary) any of the old ZPB1 tables I get a popup telling met there is no content.

I would really like to buy more tables, but I am afraid that things might not work as they are supposed to work on the Vita.

The demo tables play marvelous though.

Zen, if you fix this, then I garantuee I will buy all availabe table (22 Euro)

Hope it gets fixed

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoM View Post
    Good plan. I am from the Netherlands, and herethe import on the Vita does not work. When I try to buy (even though that should not be necessary) any of the old ZPB1 tables I get a popup telling met there is no content.

I would really like to buy more tables, but I am afraid that things might not work as they are supposed to work on the Vita.

The demo tables play marvelous though.

Zen, if you fix this, then I garantuee I will buy all availabe table (22 Euro)

Hope it gets fixed
    We are fixing this problem, but you should be able to get around it by going directly to the PS Store to download them instead of using the in-game system.

Well appently I have downloaded them, but they are only playable as demo in the Vita version. In the store on the Vita I did not see an option to buy the classic tables.

Will check again tonight.

And I really do appreciate Zen folks reacting to problems
    Last edited by MarcoM; 09-06-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We are fixing this problem, but you should be able to get around it by going directly to the PS Store to download them instead of using the in-game system.
    this info is helping.
    and today i can download the missing five from the UK Englang Vita store.

Well appently I have downloaded them, but they are only playable as demo in the Vita version. In the store on the Vita I did not see an option to buy the classic tables.

Will check again tonight.
    There are a trial download and a unlock ( two download )
    maybe your PSN store is only showing the trial's? ( only you will know this )

I'm using the Russian Store. Using search for Zen Pinball, I can find all the table trials and unlocks, I can download all of them except the Earth Defense unlock on PS3. I've purchased it on Vita and it works fine there, but on PS3 I get trial only. Earth Defense unlock cannot be downloaded, neither from the Store directly, nor from inside the game. It shows an error saying that this item is not available for my account.

In the list of purchased downloads in the store I can see only Vita version unlock that does nothing on PS3. As it's a cross-buy game, PS3 unlock should be also there, but it's not.

Please help.
    Last edited by CrazyCoder; 09-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    the classic pack is missing on the dutch store.
    the trial for the classic pack can be downloaded through the game, but both the trial and the unlock for that pack aren't on the store.

so for those tables there's no way around it.

Thumbs up Now full version is ok !

Quote Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
    the classic pack is missing on the dutch store.
    the trial for the classic pack can be downloaded through the game, but both the trial and the unlock for that pack aren't on the store.

so for those tables there's no way around it.
    Now, on the EUR PS Store, it's fixed.
    You can unlock these tables of the Classics pack (unlock is downloadable).

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Now, on the EUR PS Store, it's fixed.
    You can unlock these tables of the Classics pack (unlock is downloadable).
    What country are you from? Which store are you using?

There 's hope

Unhappy Impatient...

Glad I found is thread.

Last night I was able to unlock the latest Marvel TLJ in ZP2 and really enjoyed the improvement, most of which the smaller score display window.

When I tried to unlock the other DLC's, the download was OK, but then e tables never unlocked

I have reloaded/restarted/fooled Round a 100times and no success.

I hope you guys can address this soon !

One question, I was suprised that all my scores from existing DLcs were reset within ZP2. Is this expected ?

Cherers,

Quote Originally Posted by Dharapani View Post
    One question, I was suprised that all my scores from existing DLcs were reset within ZP2. Is this expected ?
    Yes that is expected. ZP and MP are standalone titles and have their own trophies and leaderboards, while ZP2 is also a platform that has its own trophies and leaderboards. So your scores from ZP and MP won't transfer over to ZP2. You'll have to regain your score back up like everybody else.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

The physics model has been changed, so all the scores had to be reset. I think...

Tried to edit my post just to say that I'm old and slow, but Vita browser doesn't seem to want to, so I'll say it here.
    I'm old and slow.

It took the wife and I a few minutes to get our old purchased content imported but now our only issue is the standard pack. Tesla, V12, ElDorado and Shaman are still unable to be imported.

I will keep an eye on this thread.

THANKS! The new update is FANTASTIC!

Wife just told me everything has now imported fine!

She is more addicted to Zen than I am LMAO!!

So MadMikeee,

What did your wife tell you? Can she tell me also how to solve it?
    Last edited by MarcoM; 09-06-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: name of MadMikeee

Thumbs up Flawless installed from 2 accounts..

Just want to say a mighty thank you and well done.. I managed with no issues to install , get the 1.1 patch and installed all my tables from the UK store and Swiss Store.. Just by logging in to both accounts and using the import button.

Looking forward to the Fantastic 4 table....

Kind Regards

Steve

Default all fine here

PS3 in Canada. Went to the PS Store, downloaded ZP2, installed 1.01 patch, then downloaded each "Demo" for the PS3 (not Vita), then installed them all, then downloaded and installed each "unlock" app. All good to go. Played some PvZ, Tesla, and Shaman last night. Wow, things really have changed a LOT....
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

So MadMikeee,

What did your wife tell you? Can she tell me also how to solve it?
    Basically she just kept trying and it eventually worked. Looks like we all just need to just wait while they work on it.

I can confirm that it works on the Vita in the Netherlands from the psstore. [] button in game still says that there are not tables. But that is probably due to they are already available via the unlock that I have downloaded from the psstore.

Thanks for the reports everyone! The more details you can tell us, the quicker we can isolate and resolve the issue. The classic pack should be available in the EU store now, but we are still working on the issues with imports. Please continue to let us know if you are having trouble!

Thanx for that Barbie, I just can't wait to see F4, the update has given all the tables a new lease of life and it's so much better to have them all in one place, the vita version is amazing, definately worth the wait.

hope there are plans for more pop cap tables Can't stop playing PvZ.

Can't seem to download the unlock for sorceress lair for the vita, think there are some other things missing as well like the vengeance and virtue unlock. (am from Europe btw)

On another note though bought a few new tables to celebrate this release, bought the Plants vs zombies and captain America tables as well as the avenger chronicles pack, enjoying them a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    Can't seem to download the unlock for sorceress lair for the vita, think there are some other things missing as well like the vengeance and virtue unlock. (am from Europe btw)

On another note though bought a few new tables to celebrate this release, bought the Plants vs zombies and captain America tables as well as the avenger chronicles pack, enjoying them a lot!
    Thanks for letting us know, we're working on a fix!

I just downloaded and I don't have any of the old dlc tables showing at all (not even greyed out, just empty spaces). Checking the store there is no content in either the ZP1 or ZP2 dlc areas.

It has however found my main sets to import and downloading started on those but that's the only things it found.

I'm in England.

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    i thought that too , but that only the score you beaten , it still pops up after even tho you played the table , really weird that they realeased it like this.
    ahhh you are right, i experienced this upon playing more. i figured out if you turn the dot matrix display to small, it clears out that accursed overlay. i hope they fix this soon. it is very annoying.

Default Import issues!

Hey everyone! The issues with imports are still being worked on at this point. However, you should be able to get previously purchased tables through the PSN store for free (rather than importing through the ZP2 menu) at this time.

Some people in Europe might still be experiencing issues with Plants vs Zombies Pinball. To fix this issue, download Zen Pinball 2 first, then download the PvZ table through the Zen Pinball 2 menu.

We are currently still working on the issues with trophies at this time, we appreciate your patience while we work out the rest of the kinks!

Thank you all so much for your reports! We are able to work with Sony and isolate these issues quickly because of your help!

-Barbie

hey guys, joined the forums to say great job and let you know about a bug i haven't seen mentioned. the street fighter 2 tribute table (my favorite) is broken, blanka is floating almost at the very top of the table and his ramp is......somewhere lol. just an fyi

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlibrarian View Post
    hey guys, joined the forums to say great job and let you know about a bug i haven't seen mentioned. the street fighter 2 tribute table (my favorite) is broken, blanka is floating almost at the very top of the table and his ramp is......somewhere lol. just an fyi
    Oh no... that is bizarre. You're not the only one who has had this issue, thanks for the report!

I have 1 word to ZEN Studios... R E S P E C T.
    Love you all for creating this awesome game.

Btw, i am from EU and i had not any issue yet with importing or playing a table.
    They all work fine. I already founded some glitches but i guess you guys already know that.

Cheers from Belgium!

I Love You ZEN !!

Hay. umm i like to know if the Removing of all Zen Painball (1) content from the PSN store was planed. (missing from england store.)

i can still get at stuff from my Download list but you can no longer buy for ZP1.
    was this planed or did Sony get the update wrong?

with ZP1 removed from the store any one new can not get there hand on the classic tables set.
    as i dont think you can Buy that unlock Key. i cound be worng. but i dont think i am.

Hay. umm i like to know if the Removing of all Zen Painball (1) content from the PSN store was planed. (missing from england store.)
    It was intentional. They are no longer supporting ZP1.

with ZP1 removed from the store any one new can not get there hand on the classic tables set.
    as i dont think you can Buy that unlock Key. i cound be worng. but i dont think i am.
    It's a glitch with England PSN Store. Zen and Sony are trying to fix the problem. On the US store, the Classic Pack is available to purchase on ZP2 for $9.99.

Hi all
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i'm having trouble getting the capt. America table to work. i download the demo into ZP2 then clicked on buy but got an error (one of my friends said to download it from the the store but it isn't in the ZP2 part of the store).
    So i downloaded it from my download's list under account but but still no luck.

just a bit more info,this is from the aussie store i do not own zen pinball or marvel pinball(i think this is the problem),when me and my brother shared a ps3 he bought marvel pinball but didn't want to get capt. America so i bought it on my psn profile and it worked fine in marvel.I do not have marvel pinball on my ps3 now.

Any help would be great thanks.

Edit: Yeah Rafie, have my own ps3 now but still got the same psn account that i purchased the capt. america table. I have not purchased any other Zen Pinball tables on my account.
    Last edited by DazzElle; 09-07-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzElle View Post
    Hi all
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i'm having trouble getting the capt. America table to work. i download the demo into ZP2 then clicked on buy but got an error (one of my friends said to download it from the the store but it isnt in the ZP2 part of the store).
    So i downloaded it from my download's list under account but but still no luck.

just a bit more info,this is from the aussie store i do not own zen pinball or marvel pinball(i think this is the problem),when me and my brother shared a ps3 he bought marvel pinball but didn't want to get capt. America so i bought it on my psn profile and it worked fine in marvel.I do not have marvel pinball on my ps3 now.

Any help would be great thanks.
    Yeah you would have had to already owned Captain America previously on the PS3 account you purchased with in order for the import to be successful, from my understanding. If you're using another account that doesn't have the previously purchased tables from the ascendent titles (ZP and MP), then you wouldn't be able to import anything because the tool doesn't recognize a previous purchase. It sounds like you have a different PS3 now. You should have been able to transfer all of your games, if that's the case including Capt. America. Other Marvel tables would have to be purchased if you want to play them to its entirety with leaderboard and trophy attributes. I hope that helps. If it doesn't, then we have plenty of people here (Barbie, Shogun, ShoryukenToTheChin, etc) that can enlighten you better than I can. Hope everything works out!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Hello folks. Congratulations on the launch of the new platform!, the tables I've been able to play on my PS3 feel great and I can say that I've fallen in a sort of love at first sight with the way the bats (flippers) work now.

That being said I'm also jumping on the headache bandwagon here. Of all the tables I own (namely: the Classic Zen Pinball pack, Street Fighter Tribute, the Original Marvel Pinball pack and the Avengers Chronicles Pack) I've only been able to import the Avengers Chronicles pack.

Methods I've tried are:
    • Selecting the import option within the game and downloading the PS3 unlock when prompted.
    • Going to the NA store and downloading all the appropiate unlocks from there.

The first unlock, the forementioned Avengers Chronicles pack, went without a fuzz and, after downloading the 100kb file, I was able to access those tables. The next suggested unlock was the Marvel Pinball Original pack. I've so far downloaded the unlock through the game's import function 7 times; the file downloads successfully and reports to be installed but nothing is unlocked. Since further attempts at the import function always suggest that pack, I've not been able to try importing the others through the game's interface.

I've also gone to the NA PSN store and manually downloaded and installed the unlocks for all the packs and tables that I own. All were reported as successfully downloaded and installed. Sadly, the results in-game were the same: only the Avengers Chronicles pack is available to me.

What I've not tried yet:
    • Downloading the demos/trials of the tables I own from the store/in-game import function.

My rationale was that, since I was able to unlock the necessary tables from the Avengers Chronicles pack with just the unlock file, re-downloading all the tables that are already on my hard-drive wasn't necessary. This might or might not be true. Input is appreciated.

I'm sure these problems will be fixed in due time and what I've played of this product is awesome. Keep up the good work!
    Cheers!
    Fred.

@the_blunderbuss

yes you need bouth trials and unlock.

Zen Pinball classics appeared in Belgian PSN store yesterday. Now everything is hunky-dory. PSVita version is the best version ever of Zen Pinball.
    Last edited by Vorlon; 09-07-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Exclamation

Ok weird. Imported my previous stuff ok last night. This morning I decide to try out some of the tables I don't have and now ZP2 claims I can't download or buy anything due to age restrictions. I tried completely disabling the parental controls and it still won't let me do anything at all and as the tables still aren't in the main store I can't get anything new.

UK PS3

EDIT: Actually all network features are disabled due to age restrictions :/

EDIT2: Tried some other games and they work fine online.

Ok I've discovered the issue and it was a slightly weird one, comes from one of my quirks. If I'm just going to buy things rather than play I use the media remote to navigate. This is what caused the age restriction to kick in for some reason. Using a dualshock made it work perfectly, still a bit weird but all good
    Last edited by Tallim; 09-07-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallim View Post
    Ok I've discovered the issue and it was a slightly weird one, comes from one of my quirks. If I'm just going to buy things rather than play I use the media remote to navigate. This is what caused the age restriction to kick in for some reason. Using a dualshock made it work perfectly, still a bit weird but all good
    You're the third person that ran into this glitch. It appears that the PS3 remote is not compatible with this game.

Hello again folks,

First and foremost, thanks to chrisalddin for helping me get set up with Zen Pinball 2. The method used was a bit more convoluted but downloading the trials was the way to go. Second, and for anyone still having issues importing tables, here's the process that I've used. I've currently been able to reproduce both the problems (not being able to import the tables, Avengers Chronicles tables being easier to unlock) and the solutions on 2 machines.

The process in a nutshell
    1. Use the import tables function (push square) on the main menu of Zen Pinball 2.
    2. Tables you own will be detected and you'll be accessing a mini-version of the PSN store.
    3. Hit download on the table/table-pack that is prompted.
    4. Download the trial version of said table/table-pack for your system (download and installation follows.)
    5. Download the 100kb unlock file for your system (download and installation follows.)
    6. Quit Zen Pinball 2 and boot it up again.
    7. Your tables should now be enabled on the main menu.
    8. Repeat as needed.

Note1: I've not tried to install more than one table/table-pack at a time before quitting and re-booting Zen Pinball 2; this will not be possible using the import function from within the game since (at least from my test on two different machines) the game does not immediately unlock your tables and will not do so until you quit and re-start it. Since the tables are not unlocked you're always promted to import the same table over and over.

Note2: The only exception I've found to this process was with the Avengers Chronicles table pack. I was able to unlock and use these tables by only downloading the 100kb unlock file. This obliterates any underlying logic for what I tried later (I figured that Zen Pinball 2 wasn't using the tables as present on my HD and download of the trials was necessary) but I was able to reproduce it on 2 machines... yeah I know, not much of a sample size but PS3s are expensive.

I hope this helps. I'm still puzzled as to what exactly is going on with the unlock procedure or what will happen when/if I delete Marvel Pinball from my HD (technically nothing, though I ponder the fate of my Avenger Chronicles tables) but that's not a priority considering I'm playing my tables now.

Cheers!
    Fred.

System Two for installing ZP2

the_blunderbuss way is one way you can do it but this is the way i installed my Vita.

1. install the game.
    2. update the Game to 1.01v
    3. quit the game.
    4. Go to Vita PSN store.
    5. search for Zen Pinball.
    6. install both the trial and unlock for each table you have.

This system should also work on your Ps3 as well.
    NOTE on the PS3 PSN store you will find both PS3 and Vita download for Zen pinball. look for the one that said 3D in the description box.

Default Help

I need help. I had every table except for the avengers pack for the marvel pinball. I haven't played my PS3 in months and yesterday (9/6/12) downloaded Zen Pinball 2. Every pinball table comes up gray, even the ones I had from Marvel Pinball. I tried importing & the only one it allows me to do is the pack with Thor & etc. and it installs correctly but still it is gray & I cannot play it. I tried downloading the spiderman/iron man/etc. pack (which i had to spend the $9.99 to buy the damn pack that i had purchased previously in Marvel Pinball) and I install it and its still gray!! What do I do to make this work? I spent money on something that I can even play? very frustrating. Especially when I had already paid for these packs in the past. I dont plan on trying to get a refund cuz I doubt that would even happen but I would like to be able to play what I purchased at least. Can someone point me in the direction of getting this fixed to where I can play this. Thanks alot before hand, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutz43 View Post
    I need help. I had every table except for the avengers pack for the marvel pinball. I haven't played my PS3 in months and yesterday (9/6/12) downloaded Zen Pinball 2. Every pinball table comes up gray, even the ones I had from Marvel Pinball. I tried importing & the only one it allows me to do is the pack with Thor & etc. and it installs correctly but still it is gray & I cannot play it. I tried downloading the spiderman/iron man/etc. pack (which i had to spend the $9.99 to buy the damn pack that i had purchased previously in Marvel Pinball) and I install it and its still gray!! What do I do to make this work? I spent money on something that I can even play? very frustrating. Especially when I had already paid for these packs in the past. I dont plan on trying to get a refund cuz I doubt that would even happen but I would like to be able to play what I purchased at least. Can someone point me in the direction of getting this fixed to where I can play this. Thanks alot before hand, much appreciated.
    There are two things you need to download for each table/pack, the demo/trail (full game but locked) and the unlock (a code that unlocks the full version). It looks like you are just downloading the unlock and that's it.

Also make sure you are downloading the right version. The PSN store gives you both the Vita version (PS Vita in the title) and the PS3 version (not PS Vita in the title), since this is a Cross Buy title.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    There are two things you need to download for each table/pack, the demo/trail (full game but locked) and the unlock (a code that unlocks the full version). It looks like you are just downloading the unlock and that's it.

Also make sure you are downloading the right version. The PSN store gives you both the Vita version (PS Vita in the title) and the PS3 version (not PS Vita in the title), since this is a Cross Buy title.
    i also like to point out that in england ( it do not say PS VITA in the Title there named the same 100% the same.)

Try reruning the inport again and again if it still dont work look at my post in this thread about the store install and DO not download any file that don't tell you that it is FREE.

IF after that it is still a no go. Come here and List one by one what you are missing so that Zen staff can help you.

Question Unlock error

I downloaded ZP2 on my Vita and bought all the tables, downloaded them and the unlocks, everything works fine.

Spent this morning downloading the PS3 versions from the PS store as the 'import table' was giving me errors. Have downloaded all tables without any problems, and have downloaded all unlock codes without any issues EXCEPT for 'Earth Defence', which tells me 'this content cannot be accessed on your account'.

Is this one of the issues you know about and are fixing?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ballsy View Post
    I downloaded ZP2 on my Vita and bought all the tables, downloaded them and the unlocks, everything works fine.

Spent this morning downloading the PS3 versions from the PS store as the 'import table' was giving me errors. Have downloaded all tables without any problems, and have downloaded all unlock codes without any issues EXCEPT for 'Earth Defence', which tells me 'this content cannot be accessed on your account'.

Cheers
    hi .

i been folowing what being going on and you are not the first to say that about 'Earth Defence'. so i have to say that if Zen stuff are to pin down Why 'Earth Defence' is playing up for you a little info will be needed,

A. is there more then One Copy of 'Earth Defence' on the store ( the UK (england )) store has both PSVita and PS3 on the PS3 store call 100% the same name.

B. Ware are you ( like are you in USA or like me the UK (england) or other.

just that little info cound help. i know that Some of the Stores have (PS Vita) in the name of the table. but Not all of the store's.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    You're the third person that ran into this glitch. It appears that the PS3 remote is not compatible with this game.
    I am now experiencing the same issue, no access to any PSN features due to age restrictions. I am reasonably sure that it was working until today, I could compare scores and so on.

I do not HAVE a media remote, and no controllers other than a genuine dualshock 3 are currently linked to the PS3.

I'm not positive, but I believe the problem only appeared when I tried to look at the (greyed out) Plants vs Zombies table, and download the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by ballsy View Post

Cheers
    Exactly the same problem for me in the RU store, already reported in this thread. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Ahh, my problem only seems to occur when the controller ID is too high (or perhaps != 1, or != 1 or 2?).

Changing the controller ID to 1 makes it instantly connect to PSN, without the spurious age restriction error message.

Quote Originally Posted by illarion View Post
    I am now experiencing the same issue, no access to any PSN features due to age restrictions. I am reasonably sure that it was working until today, I could compare scores and so on.

I do not HAVE a media remote, and no controllers other than a genuine dualshock 3 are currently linked to the PS3.

I'm not positive, but I believe the problem only appeared when I tried to look at the (greyed out) Plants vs Zombies table, and download the demo.
    You are probably the 3rd or 4th person to have that age restriction issue, I'm looking into it! Let me know if you find a possible fix

hi .

i been folowing what being going on and you are not the first to say that about 'Earth Defence'. so i have to say that if Zen stuff are to pin down Why 'Earth Defence' is playing up for you a little info will be needed,

A. is there more then One Copy of 'Earth Defence' on the store ( the UK (england )) store has both PSVita and PS3 on the PS3 store call 100% the same name.

just that little info cound help. i know that Some of the Stores have (PS Vita) in the name of the table. but Not all of the store's.
    I've seen a couple issues come up with Earth Defense, let us know where you are (NA or EU) so we can fix these issues ASAP

You are probably the 3rd or 4th person to have that age restriction issue, I'm looking into it! Let me know if you find a possible fix
    Seems to be related to controller ID, see my previous post.

Hi There!

i'm european, i've downloaded the psvita version, but at the moment the trophies are blocked. i've to buy the table of marvel?
    or is a bug of the game?

thanks.
    Last edited by jim; 09-11-2012 at 12:24 PM.

I've seen a couple issues come up with Earth Defense, let us know where you are (NA or EU) so we can fix these issues ASAP
    EU (RU) store. It's not an import issue, the table was purchased and works on Vita, but Unlock cannot be activated on PS3.

Default PSN-Store EU (german) issues (at least) with older tables

Hi Zen-Team,

first: thank you so much for creating this adddicting pinball-game. Had so much fun with it.
    I owe every table on the Xbox 360!

Now I thought about getting all the missing tables on PS3/Vita, but:
    Trying Ninja Gaiden Trial or Unlock, PS3 or PS Vita ... it says (in german) something like this:
    "access with your account not possible"

Same goes for some other older single tables I tried!
    PvZ - no problems.
    Marvel Trial-Packs - no problmes.
    Street Fighter - same problem
    Epic Quest - same problem

What is happening here?

btw: thanx for nice moderation and quick replies in these forums

bye
    zoetl

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Hi There!

i'm european, i've downloaded the psvita version, but at the moment the trophies are blocked. i've to buy the table of marvel?
    or is a bug of the game?

thanks.
    No, you don't have to buy them! We're still working on the issue with trophies, sit tight!

Quote Originally Posted by zoetl View Post
    Hi Zen-Team,

first: thank you so much for creating this adddicting pinball-game. Had so much fun with it.
    I owe every table on the Xbox 360!

Now I thought about getting all the missing tables on PS3/Vita, but:
    Trying Ninja Gaiden Trial or Unlock, PS3 or PS Vita ... it says (in german) something like this:
    "access with your account not possible"

Same goes for some other older single tables I tried!
    PvZ - no problems.
    Marvel Trial-Packs - no problmes.
    Street Fighter - same problem
    Epic Quest - same problem

What is happening here?

btw: thanx for nice moderation and quick replies in these forums

bye
    zoetl
    It sounds like there might be something going on with your PSN account, but I'm not sure. Are you trying to purchase or import the Ninja Gaiden table?

Strange all my tables imported sweet as a nut.

This is the exact same problem me and several other people have reported on the forum. Some packs we can download but others like street fighter, sorcerers and epic, we get the message 'content cannot be accessed with this account' or similar.

So, is it a problem you're looking into or do we have to do something at our (the users) end? I do appreciate your replies on the forum but its frustrating to see the same problem coming up again and again yet its treated like a one off problem each time! We just love ZP2 so much we're frustrated we cant play them all

In in the UK btw.

Btw, just to be clear, we have tried downloading the trials via the shop (unlocks wont download neither) and they dont appear in game to import / download.
    I dont own any previous tables.
    I have the latest version installed.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
    I have signed out and signed back in to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_mac View Post
    This is the exact same problem me and several other people have reported on the forum. Some packs we can download but others like street fighter, sorcerers and epic, we get the message 'content cannot be accessed with this account' or similar.

So, is it a problem you're looking into or do we have to do something at our (the users) end? I do appreciate your replies on the forum but its frustrating to see the same problem coming up again and again yet its treated like a one off problem each time! We just love ZP2 so much we're frustrated we cant play them all

In in the UK btw.
    Yes, we are looking into these issues! Thanks for your patience!

Default hm

No, you don't have to buy them! We're still working on the issue with trophies, sit tight!

It sounds like there might be something going on with your PSN account, but I'm not sure. Are you trying to purchase or import the Ninja Gaiden table?
    First I tried to get the trial(s), then to get the "unlock/full"-Version, but no luck.
    I loaded the trials of Marvel, both, for vita and ps3, also the classic collection ... hm.
    I read some similar issue here, can't remember the thread.

EDIT: Now I tried out 20 or so different purchases (non-Zen), because you mentioned account-problems, and everything worked fine, but Zen 2 no different then before.
    I think the german store is a bit out of order. Weird: If I choose "games" - "ps3 extras" there is zen and zen 2 with zero content (tried it a few times). If I "search" all games "zen" I get most titles ...

bye
    zoetl
    Last edited by zoetl; 09-11-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: forgot something

hi .

There are 2 versions of ED on the store, 4 downloads in all. 2 game trials (one for Vita, one for PS3), and 2 game unlocks (again, one for each version). Downloading the PS3 trial version works fine, but downloading the PS3 unlock is where I run into the error (as a side note, if i try to download the Vita unlock i also run into the same error).

I'm based in the UK

Default Some friends at a VG-Forum have the exact same problem

A friend (german psn store) just told me the same "Not accessible from your account"-thing is what he gets he tries to download "Mars".

bye
    zoetl

Quote Originally Posted by zoetl View Post
    A friend (german psn store) just told me the same "Not accessible from your account"-thing is what he gets he tries to download "Mars".

bye
    zoetl
    We're working with SCEE to resolve these issues. Thanks for your reports!

many thanks for the answer

Hi Barbie.

Have you guys finished fixing importing issues?

Im from Poland, i bought 4 tables from my sub accounts and cant import them.

Weirdest thing is that when i go to PS Store , Zen pinball 2 folder is absolutely empty?!

The UK guys are still waiting too