Thread: Is there (or will be) a SW stand-alone game for the PS4??

Question Is there (or will be) a SW stand-alone game for the PS4??

I have long since downloaded all files related to add-ons in the PSN Store and I was just asking because there doesn't appear to be a stand-alone SW title as there is for the PS3. Did I do something wrong? Or it's just not feasible at this time? For the record all 20 tables are in my ZP2 program. I just really liked the cool features of the stand-alone SW. Thanks for any info!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

I doubt we are going to see the stand-alone version of SWP on the PS4. It would be too complicated for the import (cross-buy) feature to handle without something backfiring.

Yeah you're right. I didn't think about that, but it is a cool feature.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I doubt we are going to see the stand-alone version of SWP on the PS4. It would be too complicated for the import (cross-buy) feature to handle without something backfiring.
    I don't think we'll do anymore standalone versions, it's just too much confusion.

If Sony's store wasn't such a mystery it wouldn't be that big of a problem. I was just thinking about how nicely done it was.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    If Sony's store wasn't such a mystery it wouldn't be that big of a problem. I was just thinking about how nicely done it was.
    Yeah we had good intentions going in, the features are awesome, and it looks really slick. I fielded about a trillion emails with questions about why it even exists, what the point is, etc. Kinda takes the wind out of my sails :P

That would be fine if the Star Wars tables on Zen Pinball on PS4 came with as many trophies as on the standalone Star Wars Pinball app, but they don't. Hence I always play pn my Vita or PS3 and never touch the PS4 app. Not to mention that the Star Wars Pinball pp is generally a lot cooler as it is actually Star Wars themed - I especially enjoy the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by coruscant View Post
    That would be fine if the Star Wars tables on Zen Pinball on PS4 came with as many trophies as on the standalone Star Wars Pinball app, but they don't. Hence I always play pn my Vita or PS3 and never touch the PS4 app. Not to mention that the Star Wars Pinball pp is generally a lot cooler as it is actually Star Wars themed - I especially enjoy the intro.
    Yeah, well that is a shame because the tables look so much better on the ps4 but I will find myself playing the SW ones more on the old school PS3 because of trophies. Not the way it should be but what can you do...

Having a separate Star Wars Pinball game/app/hub/whatever is a neat feature and works so well on a couple levels. Having the stackable trophies is neat, plus extra visibility on the storefronts with the name "Star Wars" in it must help. It's too bad there's confusion behind it! Once you get past it (I was slightly confused at first but figured it out quickly), then you get some neat features for PS3/Vita and PS4 misses out.
    "We control the universe"

Kraigbot @Kraigbot Find me on TrueTrophies and PST.org