Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sticky for ZP2 table bugs

Default Thor Bug

The Odin's gift does not work for me. I shoot the Odin's gift target behind the URU gate, then the Loki ramp is covered in lightning and i can see Odin's Face on the DMD. I shoot the ball up the Loki ramp, the ball reaches the wheel then nothing on the DMD and there is no reward, not even score kickback extra ball or anything.

Another one:

In the Operators menu there is no option option for setting the sensitivity of the upper and lower arms, they are missing.
    Last edited by Prototype_79L; 09-23-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Default So much BUGS

i seen them nearly all, the Bugs you Guys describe here , i wonder when they fix it , i ment it would be fixed on Zen2 & that it would be one of the main Reasons why Zen2 got delayed for the long Time we had to wait ....
    lol comme on Barbiebobomb , kick the Buts of the ones who fix Bugs lol

Default PvZ (PS3): Zomboss Multiball Ball Lost Bug

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    PvZ: During Zomboss, if you get multiball going, and get down to one ball, the table will register a Ball Lost.
    This one is getting to be really annoying for me. Its happening to me pretty much every time I start the final mode now because of how easy it is to start mail multiball. It always seems to happen when I'm one shot away from winning too.. sigh.

I just hope this one is near the top of the priority list for a fix..

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    i wonder when they fix it
    Most of the large ones will be fixed when Fantastic Four releases. It's one of the reasons why they delayed F4. To kill two birds with one stone.

1.) Give the table a bit more polish.
    2.) Release the table with a large patch to fix the other bugs in ZP2, since F4 will require a small patch to add the table into the game (table icon, trophies).

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype_79L View Post
    The Odin's gift does not work for me. I shoot the Odin's gift target behind the URU gate, then the Loki ramp is covered in lightning and i can see Odin's Face on the DMD. I shoot the ball up the Loki ramp, the ball reaches the wheel then nothing on the DMD and there is no reward, not even score kickback extra ball or anything.
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with this either, seems like it's luck when it finally decides to give me the gift...

Quote Originally Posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
    Was playing Iron Man today, not sure what caused it, but on one or two occasions (I believe immediately after a mode that caused the ball to be automatically launched) the camera (view 6) seemed to have trouble tracking the ball. It would either stay at the bottom when the ball was at the top of the table or vica versa (just don't remember from memory). Didn't cost me any balls as it was very brief, but if this happened it the wrong time it could have been disastrous.
    okay it's definitely after the mission where you shoot the ball into the glowing ramps (forget the name). happens every time.

okay it's definitely after the mission where you shoot the ball into the glowing ramps (forget the name). happens every time.
    Last time I checked, every mission on Iron Man is shooting the ball into glowing ramps lmao gotta be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype_79L View Post

Another one:

In the Operators menu there is no option option for setting the sensitivity of the upper and lower arms, they are missing.
    I'll make sure the team knows!

On Avengers table, sometimes but very rarely, when you shot the ball on a ramp (bacl widow or hawkeye), the ball goes above the ramp and goes at the bottom of the table but not in the drain, like if the ball goes out of the table. After that, the ball is relaunched without counting as a ball lost but it surprising.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Last time I checked, every mission on Iron Man is shooting the ball into glowing ramps lmao gotta be more specific.
    the one where you shoot it out of the cannons into an actual ball lock kind of thing.

the one where you shoot it out of the cannons into an actual ball lock kind of thing.
    The Flam Thrower Mission? The second part of that mission is to hit the five ramp holes with the two cannons.

Default Sf ii

that's it.

additionally, i found a bug on the SFII table. not a game breaker by any means, but if you earn the extra ball via the break the barrel method, the extra ball is indeed earned, but the save ball light at the bottom does not stay lit to indicate that you've earned the extra ball. they only way you know is by reading it on the DMD when you earn it. i haven't earned the extra ball via the bumper method yet, so i cannot speak for that.

Default Blade table on PS3

Hi, I'd like to say that I love the 3D on the PS3. My post is only about this.
    "Blade" has something wrong with his 3D: after the ball is launched the 3D effect is strongly reduced and the table looks almost flat compared to all the other tables. Will this be corrected some day ? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stf View Post
    Hi, I'd like to say that I love the 3D on the PS3. My post is only about this.
    "Blade" has something wrong with his 3D: after the ball is launched the 3D effect is strongly reduced and the table looks almost flat compared to all the other tables. Will this be corrected some day ? Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for letting us know, I'll make sure the team is aware.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for letting us know, I'll make sure the team is aware.
    Also let them know that the kickback lights never turn on the Blade table (PS3 version). They act like dead light bulbs.

Default Inifinity Gauntlet - Power Gem minigame

vita version, during the power gem minigame of infinitiy gauntlet..you cant' use the "GOD" blocks to pass the ball to the other flipper as it causes it to go into the left/right outlane instead of the inlane. this wasn't the case afaik in marvel pinball where you can use those blocks to pass it to the other flipper. possible that the GOD blocks may have been moved a little higher in the vita version compared to the previous PS3 version.

1 - Random Freezing (phat PS3) for about 1 second (Multiple Tables)
    2 - Sometimes I end up with 4 balls on Princess Multiball (Epic Quest)
    3 - Extra Ball light doesn't light up sometimes (Multiple tables)
    4 - Upper Flipper activates with no button press when the ball is shot in the vicinity sometimes, like it tries to block a ramp or orbit on its own, causing a STDM so fast you can't react to it... (Multiple Tables)

too many others to remember at this time
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    1 - Random Freezing (phat PS3) for about 1 second (Multiple Tables)
    Known problem! It's caused by the leader boards and not limited to the phat models. Playing offline fixes the problem. You can sign in later to upload your scores.

thanks for the tip! i noticed it was sometimes more often than others (signed in vs not). Sweet!

Unhappy Infinity Gauntlet Bug

I started a game on the Infinity Gauntlet last night. I collected all of the gems, was just about to start Warlock Frenzy, and was on ball 3 with two extra balls secured. I saved my game and came back to it this afternoon and then the trouble began.

After completing Wizard mode the table reset and I began and completed the Reality Gem mission. Then the camera stuck viewing the top half of the table and my balls drained (I had initiated Monument Multiball during the Reality Gem mission). Then, rather than getting a ball out, the table just sat there and I had to TILT the table to force the last ball to drain. This caused me to lose that turn and move on to my first of two extra balls.

Then the exact same thing happened on my next two turns. I engaged a mission, the camera view would stay stuck on the top half of the table, and then the balls would drain until I tilted the table causing me to lose my turn. The very last ball drained and the table is stuck on a TILT warning, meaning my score will never be posted due to the table being stuck in an infinite TILT mode regardless of how many times I shake the table or save, exit, and resume the game.

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to provide as much detail as possible. Thanks!
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I started a game on the Infinity Gauntlet last night. I collected all of the gems, was just about to start Warlock Frenzy, and was on ball 3 with two extra balls secured. I saved my game and came back to it this afternoon and then the trouble began.

After completing Wizard mode the table reset and I began and completed the Reality Gem mission. Then the camera stuck viewing the top half of the table and my balls drained (I had initiated Monument Multiball during the Reality Gem mission). Then, rather than getting a ball out, the table just sat there and I had to TILT the table to force the last ball to drain. This caused me to lose that turn and move on to my first of two extra balls.

Then the exact same thing happened on my next two turns. I engaged a mission, the camera view would stay stuck on the top half of the table, and then the balls would drain until I tilted the table causing me to lose my turn. The very last ball drained and the table is stuck on a TILT warning, meaning my score will never be posted due to the table being stuck in an infinite TILT mode regardless of how many times I shake the table or save, exit, and resume the game.

Sorry for the long post. Just trying to provide as much detail as possible. Thanks!
    The more details the better! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChazzH69 View Post
    Not sure where to post this but I had an error then crash in Zen Pinball 2 (Vita)

I was scrolling the trophy list for each game and it suddenly kicked me out, back into the main menu then crashed.

I got a 'Report This Problem' message. C2-12828-1
    I reloaded the game to try and repeat the error and all of the trophies I had got were no longer listed.
    Quit the game, then closed it (page close). Reloaded the game and everything was back to normal.

Scrolled to the PvZ and it crashed once again.

Hope it helps and gets sorted. Love the game.
    Just wondering if there's a resolution for this. I am experiencing the same behavior with Zen PB 2 on my Vita. Except for me it happens on the trophies for the original Marvel tables (usually Spider-man or Wolverine).

Quote Originally Posted by johny_dmonic View Post
    not really a bug but..when a ball is saved or during a multiball when a new ball is launched..the saved/new ball almost always goes for the center hole. a little nudge would do the trick but it's draining a lot too much specially during multiball sessions. whenever a new ball comes in it just goes straight down the center hole. you can hit it with just the tip of the flippers but it's really hard to catch.

oh and on blade..when you send the ball to the spinner during the day..and if its launch hard..it would almost always hit the bumper then go right to the right outlane.

both are for vita versions btw..
    I've had the exact same issue with Ninja Gaiden table. I've even had multi-ball with 2 balls + talisman/ball save on and had all the balls go straight into the gutter 6 times in a row with no way for me to save them unless I use nudge, which I normally do not do. It's making playing the table very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by bajoe View Post
    Just wondering if there's a resolution for this. I am experiencing the same behavior with Zen PB 2 on my Vita. Except for me it happens on the trophies for the original Marvel tables (usually Spider-man or Wolverine).
    Quote Originally Posted by rolvtd View Post
    I've had the exact same issue with Ninja Gaiden table. I've even had multi-ball with 2 balls + talisman/ball save on and had all the balls go straight into the gutter 6 times in a row with no way for me to save them unless I use nudge, which I normally do not do. It's making playing the table very frustrating.

Where are you located, North America or Europe?

Where are you located, North America or Europe?
    I'm in North America.

Default Ball Slowdown?

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but on Blade, after I completed the longest Daywalker Multiball of my life, now that I'm back down to one ball, it seems incredibly slow. I don't think it's an illusion because I was in the multiball for so long, but I don't know. I almost seem to remember this happening on MP too.

Default Excalibur Video Mode

Not really a bug, but it would be nice if the video mode on this table was updated to be more like Ghost Rider (where the DMD moves to the center (and enlarged I believe). Paranormal got an upgrade, why not this?

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but on Blade, after I completed the longest Daywalker Multiball of my life, now that I'm back down to one ball, it seems incredibly slow.
    Experienced the same thing a few times now. I believe it's another bug caused by the leaderboards.

I don't know if it's been brought up before, but on Blade, after I completed the longest Daywalker Multiball of my life, now that I'm back down to one ball, it seems incredibly slow. I don't think it's an illusion because I was in the multiball for so long, but I don't know. I almost seem to remember this happening on MP too.
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Experienced the same thing a few times now. I believe it's another bug caused by the leaderboards.
    Thanks for the reports, guys!

Default Spider-Man (PS3): Ball stuck in Doc's claw - game ender

This was quite the bizarre glitch and eventually led to me having to quit the game.

Somehow the ball got stuck in Doc Ock's claw and the game stopped sensing it there. I didn't see exactly how it happened but I noticed it right after starting the Doc Ock and Green Goblin missions at right about the same time and quickly losing a ball right after. I was able to keep playing for quite a while with it like that but the game had the balls out of sync with the modes. I had a pumpkin ball in normal play by itself at certain points and even in the captive ball slot on the top playfield sometimes. I could play the missions but there were weird effects, like having two silver balls in play or hits not registering. When the Green Goblin would throw the pumpkin balls into play sometimes they would just disappear when they hit the table. If I played the Doc Ock mission one of the websling ramps was actually blocked at the point here he still had the ball in his claw while holding onto the rails. Eventually I got to a point where I destroyed the one ball I had left during the Green Goblin mission and I was just stuck. I even tried tilting the table to move on but the game wouldn't tilt.

Unfortunately I didn't think to make a video while the really weird stuff was happening but I did think to snap a pic before I quit. So I have a picture of Doc Ock standing in his waiting pose on the platform with the ball stuck in one of the tentacle claws as a souvenir if anyone wants to see it..

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    This was quite the bizarre glitch and eventually led to me having to quit the game.

Somehow the ball got stuck in Doc Ock's claw and the game stopped sensing it there. I didn't see exactly how it happened but I noticed it right after starting the Doc Ock and Green Goblin missions at right about the same time and quickly losing a ball right after. I was able to keep playing for quite a while with it like that but the game had the balls out of sync with the modes. I had a pumpkin ball in normal play by itself at certain points and even in the captive ball slot on the top playfield sometimes. I could play the missions but there were weird effects, like having two silver balls in play or hits not registering. When the Green Goblin would throw the pumpkin balls into play sometimes they would just disappear when they hit the table. If I played the Doc Ock mission one of the websling ramps was actually blocked at the point here he still had the ball in his claw while holding onto the rails. Eventually I got to a point where I destroyed the one ball I had left during the Green Goblin mission and I was just stuck. I even tried tilting the table to move on but the game wouldn't tilt.

Unfortunately I didn't think to make a video while the really weird stuff was happening but I did think to snap a pic before I quit. So I have a picture of Doc Ock standing in his waiting pose on the platform with the ball stuck in one of the tentacle claws as a souvenir if anyone wants to see it..
    Aww man that is terrible! I think I have heard of a similar glitch happening, but I will be sure to send this on to the team!

Default Hulk DM display

just a minor glitch..on the hulk table..managed to get a 2x multiplier just before the ball save ran out then immediately drained the ball hard in the center (got a 1.2M score in the center hole). the "Launch the Ball" on the DM display got stuck and it doesn't update even if you're in the middle of any mission. it only updates after the ball is drained.

Aww man that is terrible! I think I have heard of a similar glitch happening, but I will be sure to send this on to the team!
    No worries, it wasn't a big deal for me. It was early in the game when it happened so I didn't lose much.

Thanks for passing these on, we all appreciate it.

Somehow the ball got stuck in Doc Ock's claw and the game stopped sensing it there. I didn't see exactly how it happened but I noticed it right after starting the Doc Ock and Green Goblin missions at right about the same time and quickly losing a ball right after. I was able to keep playing for quite a while with it like that but the game had the balls out of sync with the modes.
    This happened in Marvel for me on the PS3. I reported it as well a while ago. I guess it was not addressed before the ZP2 release. Mine happened during a record breaking attempt and I was in the billions. After that one, and the F4 game ender, I stopped playing single player.

I've found a potentially game-breaking bug on Spider-Man. With this bug it may be possible to build up a huge score. Once I discovered the bug I tilted the game so that I won't take advantage of it. I was on a personal best at the time (400M+) and it was my last ball but I wanted to make my score fair.

I'll PM BarbieBobomb and tell her how I got the bug going as I don't want to make how to do perform the bug public for obvious reasons.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    I've found a potentially game-breaking bug on Spider-Man. With this bug it may be possible to build up a huge score. Once I discovered the bug I tilted the game so that I won't take advantage of it. I was on a personal best at the time (400M+) and it was my last ball but I wanted to make my score fair.

I'll PM BarbieBobomb and tell her how I got the bug going as I don't want to make how to do perform the bug public for obvious reasons.
    Ah think I know which one your on about
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Ah think I know which one your on about
    My friend just PM'ed me asking me about that glitch as well. Of course I didn't partake in it, but I know the one that is being referred too. Crazy and quite easy to do I see. I have integrity though!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    My friend just PM'ed me asking me about that glitch as well. Of course I didn't partake in it, but I know the one that is being referred too. Crazy and quite easy to do I see. I have integrity though!
    Mind PMing me the glitch as well? I have a feeling I know what it is though.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Question is who will post up the Glitch
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Nobody I hope. I've probably already said too much.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Also let them know that the kickback lights never turn on the Blade table (PS3 version). They act like dead light bulbs.
    Ah, there we go... I just asked about this in the top post

Anyone else having issues with the Captain American bang bank trophy on Avengers? I've done it three times and still no trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
    Anyone else having issues with the Captain American bang bank trophy on Avengers? I've done it three times and still no trophy.
    The ball apparently has to roll back past the flipper, or a certain point for it to count.

The ball apparently has to roll back past the flipper, or a certain point for it to count.
    Actually, the bang back doesn't count if the ball save is turned on. I was able to confirm this in my last play through.

Actually, the bang back doesn't count if the ball save is turned on. I was able to confirm this in my last play through.
    I could have sworn ball save wasn't on the last time I did it. I will try again this afternoon.

This one is getting to be really annoying for me. Its happening to me pretty much every time I start the final mode now because of how easy it is to start mail multiball. It always seems to happen when I'm one shot away from winning too.. sigh.

I just hope this one is near the top of the priority list for a fix..
    Just ran into this bug, I hadn't played PvZ since the first couple after it was released. Was def annoying, was on my last ball and started the multi w/o knowing, one drained and all the EOB bonuses where being awarded then the flippers locked up... the balls drained but one was sent back b/c of ball save then it drained also. Was disappointing. Also one of the balls looked like a coconut but it was one fire. That seemed odd also.
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

I haven't gotten the trophy for ZP2 but I remember when it was first released for Marvel Pinball people mentioning something about having to let the "bangbacked" ball travel all the way up the flipper b4 it registered.

*oops didn't read all the way to the bottom b4 I replied, looks like shogun00 and snakeman07 already answered this, didn't know about the ball save thing...
    Last edited by Loc_Dog_; 10-08-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: jumped the gun
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Loc_Dog_ View Post
    I haven't gotten the trophy for ZP2 but I remember when it was first released for Marvel Pinball people mentioning something about having to let the "bangbacked" ball travel all the way up the flipper b4 it registered.

*oops didn't read all the way to the bottom b4 I replied, looks like shogun00 and snakeman07 already answered this, didn't know about the ball save thing...
    When I got the trophy on ZP2, the ball only hit the tip of the flipper and it registered. I discovered the ball save issue a few weeks ago myself. I always thought that the ball needed to be at a certain point/spot for it to register, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I preformed a successful bang back twice, but it wouldn't register. I realized that ball save was on for both times, so I tried doing it without the ball save and the trophy popped.

On Epic Quest the lights to the right, the ones which indicate which scrolls you've already earned, don't light up. The special effect during missions works but not the lighting outside of missions.

And I can confirm that it's possible to get four balls during princess multiball.

Quote Originally Posted by sui99 View Post
    On Epic Quest the lights to the right, the ones which indicate which scrolls you've already earned, don't light up. The special effect during missions works but not the lighting outside of missions.
    Is this on the PS Vita version? Or the PS3 version?

FWIW, they work fine for me on the PS3 version.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-08-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Very nice, good to know

Default Thor game breaking bug

I encountered this bug today on Thor. Had it happen once in MP and it seem to carry over to ZP2. Sometimes, when you shoot the ball up the serpents ramp, or a ball is released in a serpents ramp (during the beginning of a mission or multiball I believe), and you hit the launch button to open up the hole on the ramp, sometimes you can accidentally time it where the lift hole actually pops up when the ball is right above it and launches the ball off the table. it is impossible to tilt or recover it any way and you have to restart.

I encountered this bug today on Thor. Had it happen once in MP and it seem to carry over to ZP2. Sometimes, when you shoot the ball up the serpents ramp, or a ball is released in a serpents ramp (during the beginning of a mission or multiball I believe), and you hit the launch button to open up the hole on the ramp, sometimes you can accidentally time it where the lift hole actually pops up when the ball is right above it and launches the ball off the table. it is impossible to tilt or recover it any way and you have to restart.
    Haha! That's funny, but yeah, hopefully it get's fixed. I want to try it now, though

Its really strange how some of these bugs cause you not to even be able to tilt anymore. They should put some sort of gameplay status check option in the pause menu. If it can't find a ball in play then it should tilt or something so the game could at least move forward. Just getting to a point where you're completely stuck is the worst thing that can happen, especially if you're in a record game like Caper_26 mentioned above.

Thor is full of bugs with Xtraball :

Odin'gift doesn't work (already said) but that's not all!

Golden apples bugs too. 60 first apples deliver an Xtraball, ok... but for the next it looks like a random award.

Exemples :

Game 1:
    Ball 1:
    60 apples : Xtraball
    120 apples : Xtraball
    180 apples : nothing

Ball 2 (ball 1.1) :
    120 apples : nothing

Game 2:
    Ball 1:
    120 apples : nothing
    180 apples : Xtraball

As Odin says, "something is wrong"...
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Two bugged games in a row on the soon to be tourney-time Plants vs. Zombie;

First: Sent a ball up the mail ramp and it just stayed there. The box front flap didn't open. I tried to nudge. All I could do was get a glimpse at two green balls as they roll slowly up barely past the mailbox then slid back down. Couldn't tilt. Had to quit.

Second: Was about to start the mission with the underground zombies when I started what I thought was a muti-ball seconds before (but maybe it was seconds after). The odd thing I noticed was that it was only two balls...about halfway through the mission I lost one of the two balls and then the DMD started rattling off EOB bonuses (like the Zomboss/muti-ball bug when you lose a ball). The camera the went over to it's "launch view" but the other ball was still in play. I was able to keep this ball in play until I hit the mailbox ramp where it didn't "lock" but didn't come out. I was able to continue like "normal" after that by launching the ball (there was no skill shot available). Later when I started a multi-ball two balls tumbled out at once followed by two more in single file. Four balls total.

This is the third time I've played in two days since not touching this game since it's first week after guessing/learning it would be the tourney table. All three games have been bugged (with some form of multiple balls at the root) and two of them resulted in a premature end to the entire game. The first two would have set personal bests, the last did set a personal best even with the lost ball in play.

Just lost a 1.2B game on Avengers with no way to save or tilt. I had Avengers Assembled activate right when I lost my last ball. Four balls shot out, like normal, but I couldn't use my flippers and all the balls drained. The camera panned over to the Avenger balls on the side and Thor was missing. And the camera sat there and there was nothing I could do. I exited the game, saved the game, came back and the same view was still there. Very frustrating and makes me wants to stop playing until Zen gets these bugs figured out. That was my first billion point game too.

Just lost a 1.2B game on Avengers with no way to save or tilt. I had Avengers Assembled activate right when I lost my last ball. Four balls shot out, like normal, but I couldn't use my flippers and all the balls drained. The camera panned over to the Avenger balls on the side and Thor was missing. And the camera sat there and there was nothing I could do. I exited the game, saved the game, came back and the same view was still there. Very frustrating and makes me wants to stop playing until Zen gets these bugs figured out. That was my first billion point game too.
    See just before, I've posted 2 videos where I was over 20 billions... and this bug forced me to restart.

Be carefull, the similar bug comes when you lock 2 balls too quickly in Loki's hole, on the last step of motors mission.

Agree with you, this is really frustrating... and I'm really disapointed to discover ZP2 tables have the same bugs, already mentioned on this thread by many players since tables are released (Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, etc)... Zen told it's a cost to upload a fix patch on MS and Sony servers, but they upload their updated games with the same bugs... Really strange strategy.

Some of them make the tables unplayable (Paranormal, Avengers)...

On FX2 we have download the Fantastic 4 fix without glitch, well... but we're still wainting the leaderboard reset.

I wonder this thread deserve something better.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Have a bug to add to the list. I bought a couple of new tables last week, and I decided to put them on both my Vitas before a trip. (I use my 3G when I'm traveling, and the wifi is our family handheld.) I was playing PvZ on the wifi one with my daughter while the tables downloaded on the second system. Normally keep the wifi off and periodically update scores/trophies, but forgot after the downloads. When my husband opened ZP2 to install the tables on the 3G for me, it kicked me off the network. As a result the highscore that I set has never uploaded to the leaderboards. It lists 56M as the highscore when finishing a PvZ game on the wifi, but the rankings on the leaderboards don't register it even after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccalilli View Post
    When my husband opened ZP2 to install the tables on the 3G for me, it kicked me off the network. As a result the highscore that I set has never uploaded to the leaderboards. It lists 56M as the highscore when finishing a PvZ game on the wifi, but the rankings on the leaderboards don't register it even after a week.
    Just play another game and when you get to the tally screen, your highest score will be uploaded to the leader boards.

Thanks, Shogun, but I've already tried that. No luck. I think the difference is that the signout was caused by both Vitas accessing ZP2 at the same time. It hasn't updated no matter how many games I've played for the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccalilli View Post
    Thanks, Shogun, but I've already tried that. No luck. I think the difference is that the signout was caused by both Vitas accessing ZP2 at the same time. It hasn't updated no matter how many games I've played for the past week.
    The PSN is down today for maintenance. http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2185

Nobody will be able to upload any pinball scores until the psn is restored. I think the article says it will be up again around 4 pm PST. The psn outage is likely the source of your problem if it started today. If it not, I suppose it is something else.

This bug started a bit over a week ago. It was a week on Friday. I've been trying to update it since it happened. I'm only a few million below it after playing a few games this morning (this morning's score uploaded fine), but it's a weird glitch all the same.

Two minor issues:

1) Street Fighter 2 - German Version

The table rules sheet was obviously copy pasted straight out of google translate. Quite hilarious.

2) Ninja Gaiden

I'm not able to post local scores. The screen where you enter your initials never shows up and the local highscore list only shows the predefined scores. I have no idea what may have caused this. Are others experiencing the same issue?

Thanks to everyone who has sent bug reports! I will be sending these to the team!!

2 bugs in the french translation :
    - El Dorado : in the escalation mission, it says "Le corde" instead of "La corde".
    - Iron Man : at the beginning of the "Mandarin Impact-Beam" mission, the 2nd line of the 3 lines text is in english

this just happened to me..but i can move the flippers..but the balls are not getting replaced once they drained. avengers assembled was activated right after losing up a ball but lighting up the last letter (in my case it was 'M'). vita version btw.

Default Issue / Requests

Game: Zen Pinball 2
    Version: PS3
    Region: North America (USA)

There is a serious issue in ZP2 regarding using motion controls for nudging the table. This has affected every table I've tried, and I own all the tables except the Marvel ones.

I haven't found an exact way to reproduce it, but it happens frequently enough at random--almost guaranteed once per game--and most of the time it happens many times throughout the game session.

Basically what happens is that the table will occasionally nudge itself. This can happen at any time during the game--be it while using the flippers, while the ball is being pinged around the table, or when launching the ball. In fact I have seen it happen between games. I have actually set the controller down on the floor and seen the table nudge itself--repeatedly--while the controller shakes about in response, even if there is no game in progress.

I have tried this with two different DualShock 3 controllers; one of them was factory new. It happens on each controller at about the same rate. Using a Sixaxis controller (with no rumble/vibration capability) does seem to alleviate matters somewhat, but even it is not immune to the phantom nudge, though this controller will not shake in response of course.

I might be inclined to attribute this to the sensitivity of the motion sensing, but I would think that setting the controller down on a flat surface without touching it would cause the issue to go away, whereas I assure you it is still there. Additionally, ZP1 still works fine in this regard; I can go back to ZP1, with either a DualShock 3 or Sixaxis, and the motion control nudging works as I would expect.

Please look into this issue as it renders the game largely unplayable for those of us who find motion control nudging the natural way to go!

I also have some suggestions for the team:

- Please give us back View #6 from ZP1. The closest match in ZP2 is View #2, but it's zoomed out too far. Please give us View "2b", which is the same as View #6 from ZP1.
    - Adding a view-lock in the options would be fantastic, especially if you play with View #2 (or my proposed "2b"). This would prevent people from accidentally changing the view during intense moments in the game.
    - Allowing each player to use their own controller during hotseat multi would be grand.
    - It would be nice if we weren't force to zoom in on the launcher before launching the ball.

Keep up the good work. I'm a software developer myself, so I get it. Hang in there.

Thanks, and I will see you all online sometime.

ThePiedSniper

Angry Blade CHEAT

I would like to report a possible cheating on Blade (same to Marvel Pinball).
    In fact you get 50000 points of EOB (I think, I do not recall more) when you change night and day.
    So just keep pressing the launch button to do scroll night and day for a long long time.
    With the X10 multiplier bonus, you have 500,000 points EOB.
    2 changes night/day, you have 1 million points
    200 = 100 million
    2000 = 1 billion

I don't need this method shameful to make billions on the table but some people are able to spend several days with the button pressed to make huge scores, cheating, cheating, cheating.
    I don't play it again at the table until the glitch is present and scoring erased.

Sorry for the translate.
    Last edited by Hypno74; 10-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Unhappy pvz multiball

I see the earlier posts about this during zomboss final mode, but it just happened to me during the twopeater/threepeater mode, with the diggerzombie mission activated. Ball drain, i have one in my flipper, ball loss. It also seems to have forgotton i have extra balls! I figured id keep playing to see what happened after i lost the one during multiball, but i noticed it displayed ball 2 on the dot matrix. Also no solid light on seed save, indicating extra balls. But i had 4! I was on my first ball!

Thatll really be terrible if this happens during the tourney!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ThePiedSniper View Post
    Version: PS3
    Region: North America (USA)

Please look into this issue as it renders the game largely unplayable for those of us who find motion control nudging the natural way to go!

I also have some suggestions for the team:

- Please give us back View #6 from ZP1. The closest match in ZP2 is View #2, but it's zoomed out too far. Please give us View "2b", which is the same as View #6 from ZP1.
    - Adding a view-lock in the options would be fantastic, especially if you play with View #2 (or my proposed "2b"). This would prevent people from accidentally changing the view during intense moments in the game.
    - Allowing each player to use their own controller during hotseat multi would be grand.
    - It would be nice if we weren't force to zoom in on the launcher before launching the ball.

Keep up the good work. I'm a software developer myself, so I get it. Hang in there.

Thanks, and I will see you all online sometime.

ThePiedSniper
    What I did about the view problem is remap the "view change" to the triangle button, this seem to help a little when trying to use the X button for ball saves. I also would like a view lock along with being able to set the flipper sensitivity on main menu instead of in option menu in each game , but I can understand why it might be adjusted only in each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno74 View Post
    I would like to report a possible cheating on Blade (same to Marvel Pinball).
    In fact you get 50000 points of EOB (I think, I do not recall more) when you change night and day.
    So just keep pressing the launch button to do scroll night and day for a long long time.
    With the X10 multiplier bonus, you have 500,000 points EOB.
    2 changes night/day, you have 1 million points
    200 = 100 million
    2000 = 1 billion

I don't need this method shameful to make billions on the table but some people are able to spend several days with the button pressed to make huge scores, cheating, cheating, cheating.
    I don't play it again at the table until the glitch is present and scoring erased.

Sorry for the translate.
    For the record, my third place score came from completing the wizard mode about six or seven times in one game. I never paid attention to the EOB bonus, so I didn't know about this cheat.

1. Repair the engines mission. Captain America was already in a hole and I've played with IronMan. Another hole was flashing indicating that I should hit my ball into it but every time I was hitting the hole the ball has been returned to me. Quite frustrating, I had to just lose this ball to be able to play further (I could not lock it in a quinjet or change at HQ).

2. Just today, my ball literally fell out of the table!!! It was after I've hit Black widow ramp.

3. I was continuing the same game when the bug nr. 2 occured. I've entered the avengers mode, I had Ball Save turned on. However, drained balls did not show at the starting positions. I have 3 balls on their starting positions, they are not reentering hte game, two balls are missing. Do not know where they are. I can not break the game in any way. Saving and entering the game did not help... I can move my flippers and I can nudge the table as much as I want... very frustrating

Default pvz

Whats with this table? Is anyone else having a problem with the multipliers? Ive been hitting the bumpers for what seems like forever, its not advancing any at all.

A little "bug" on X-Men table, not a big one, just a little annoying : when you lock a ball just the moment an Omega Mutant is discovered, the ball is locked and nothing happen... You can't do anything...
    But fortunatly, after 10-15 seconds, a new ball is launched.
    This bug doesn't break a game, but it gives a big fear

Version: Vita
    Region: EU (Australia)

Found a bug in Earth Defense. I reached around 200M, the sink-hole used to start the Airstrike multi-ball was lit, however no matter how many times I tried to shoot it, the ball would not lock. At first I thought it was just unlucky, by the 30th attempt it looked like a bug.

Little frustrating as this is now my highest score for the PS Nation league... and there were at least 2 invasions I could't stop because of it

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I'm noticing on classic tables it is now a lot harder to push the ball up the ramps, "Earth Defense" being the worst, the ramp just to the right of the bots is impossible, even if I shoot it directly and cleanly I can't make it up there. Other times I'll make it halfway, even have moments as I clench my chair as it has teetering moments of crawling round the corner and either not making it or crawling along the horizontal part of the rail as a snails pace.

Some of these ramps tend to roll the ball back between the flippers which makes it even more frustrating. I understand this is probably the new physics, but yeah, it's a little frustrating now. Given I suck to begin with anyway (15mil+ is a good score to me XD)

Also, a suggestion for ZP2 and ZP on 3DS. Can we have a default tag to save all that jabbing left and right on the dpad after every game? Hell, settings on the 3DS version would be a start, The screen is small enough as it is without distracting Arcade FX, and all the popups on the 3DS version's lower screen are really distracting.

Lastly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET US CHANGE VIEW BEFORE THE GAME HAS STARTED, I hate having to waste a game or wait till I can hold the ball in a flipper before changing view. I realise you only have to do this once, but I just installed ZP2 today and have been trying other tables and find this strange restriction frustrating, and I remember it being frustrating in ZP PS3/3DS too.
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Default PvZ 2 balls at once (not multiball!)

so found this fun one today. somehow or another i just started dr. zomboss and fired my fire ball into the snow ball. somehow it glitched and thought my ball went out of play when it was still in play. i was returned to the launch ball screen while i still had my ball trapped in the right flipper. i could play with two balls, but the camera would only track the new one and when i drained a ball it still thought i was playing with one ball so returned to the launch ball screen again while my other ball was still in play. made it impossible to continue a game. luckily my score wasn't crazy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    Some of these ramps tend to roll the ball back between the flippers which makes it even more frustrating. I understand this is probably the new physics, but yeah, it's a little frustrating now.
    This was far worse on ZP1, especially on Earth Defense. It almost always went straight down the middle, if you missed the ramp shot. In ZP2, it only happens once in a while. There is a way to recover the ball almost every time when it comes to Earth Defense now. Whether it's keeping the flipper lifted or doing a light nudge.

This was far worse on ZP1, especially on Earth Defense. It almost always went straight down the middle, if you missed the ramp shot. In ZP2, it only happens once in a while. There is a way to recover the ball almost every time when it comes to Earth Defense now. Whether it's keeping the flipper lifted or doing a light nudge.
    This is probably due to the heavier physics pulling the ball down instead, meaning it comes in reach of the flippers, but this heaviness means the ramps are hard to get up, if even possible. I noticed the gradients for ramps on newer tables are lower to account for this. I found alot of these ramps in ZP2 you can't trap shot any more, only hope to get lucky smacking a fast ball.

Edit: I've just had the round table's legs on Excalibur bounce the ball off into the left outlane twice in a row directly from launch meaning I lost a ball (launch + free ball) without any interaction whatsoever. And these were un-nudgable.

Edit2: Please allow dpad+circle button for flippers like the 3DS version, the PS3 pad is uncomfortable as it is without having to hold it to play those buttons alone. God if only there was a cheaper and unlaggy option to use a 360 pad on PS3.
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Ran into the Dr. Zomboss multiball bug on PvZ during the tourney today - I believe I started MAIL while battling him, then lost one ball, which registered as a ball out even with other balls in play. I use 1W, so could still see the other balls and was able to continue playing for a bit longer (despite registering ball out, it didn't take me back to the launcher...not even sure which ball I was on, anyway, since it's so easy to get extra balls on PvZ), then at some point my flippers froze and the table wouldn't respond to anything. Tried a bunch of stuff like pausing and resuming, forcing a game save by exiting to main menu and then resuming the saved game, nudging the table repeatedly (pretty much the only thing the table will respond to, though all the nudging in the world doesn't generate warnings or a tilt)...nada. The game is still there, but stuck. And not that it was a competitive score for the tourney, but it would have been a PB, if I could complete the game. I'm not skilled enough to get to the boss guys all that often, so it's kind of an event when it happens

Also recall having problems similar to what someone else mentioned re the mailbox door opening/closing weirdly. I might be remembering this wrong, but while the bug was happening, it seemed to be tied to the left flipper -- like I could get it to open/close in sync with using the flipper.

Default PvZ bugs

@chasarumba
    i have had exactly this happen to me twice last night alone a third time some time last month it was something about zomboss don't think it was during multiball part yet don't know, after losing mission a ball dropped on the plunger that was not supposed to and eventually got them in the mail box and they just got stuck there

another Last night problem the mailbox door started opening/closing weirdly cant pinpoint when or how but my flippers stopped working Completely and just drained my ball And the saved ball too

non game breaking bug also last night at the football mission at some point the football zombie stopped did not move so had to let it end but after i could hear sound of the football zombie going back and forth, i had to start the football mission again to get it to stop after that it was ok

not really bugs
    trying to advance multipliers on PvZ seems pointless but seems to work just abnormally bad luck

Please allow dpad+Triangle, Circle, Square button for flippers alot of people seem to want this and it makes sense even tho i am ok with L1 R1 i think this should be a must

return pressure sensitivity to X button/launch button please its vary inaccurate using the right thumbstick
    Last edited by RabidShark; 10-27-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chasarumba View Post
    Ran into the Dr. Zomboss multiball bug on PvZ during the tourney today.
    I ran into the Mail box bug (another game breaking glitch) yesterday, while playing the tourney. Ugh!

Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for reporting these!

Is anyone else finding the launch skillshot on El Dorado (hold the upper left flipper up) impossible to do now? the ball shoots out and hits well above the flipper now. Maybe coming out too fast or the weight is off. either way I can't get that skillshot in ZP2. Even the ball save launch hits it in the tip of the flipper now when it would go straight in under it.
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.

I think this may be a bug, i'm playing a on a 480i CRT and here's what may be a bug, there's insane amount of tearing on most of the tables, so much that even without much sharpness, I have to take breaks after 20 minutes of play because it's getting quite painful. Please fix this or at least introduce a proper non-letterbox 4:3 mode to fix that.

Is anyone else finding the launch skillshot on El Dorado (hold the upper left flipper up) impossible to do now?
    I have hit it twice so far. It is doable, but very tricky now compared to ZP1.

The "C" drophole for "CAST" on Shaman will result in a definite drain into the right outlane. seems to hit a pin that bounces it off into this hole every time.

EDIT: I just noticed the eject from the "T" bounces off the same pin straight into the right outlane too.

The old boards have fared worst from the new engine imo, the rubber for all the pins bounces the ball all over the place, I feel like I'm playing pinball with a superball. :P Shaman was horrible in ZP1, now it's downright unfair.

I have hit it twice so far. It is doable, but very tricky now compared to ZP1.
    It might be doable with the old button sensitivity for the launch spring, but with the analogue stick I just can't, I can hit the hole, but it won't go in.

Pretty good approximation of me playing Zen Pinball 2 so far: http://youtu.be/1D5bOlNSm8Y?hd=1
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-31-2012 at 01:14 PM.

The "C" drophole for "CAST" on Shaman will result in a definite drain into the right outlane. seems to hit a pin that bounces it off into this hole every time.

EDIT: I just noticed the eject from the "T" bounces off the same pin straight into the right outlane too.
    I always hit the middle cast holes myself, which almost always ejects the ball back to the right flipper. If you shoot the ball into the cast holes with the right flipper, you should be able to hit the middle hole every time.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-31-2012 at 04:16 PM.

I just had to quit Paranormal, because no ball was left. Had the Leviation mission on, the glowing ball went all the way down and at the same time the normal ball was lost. I activated magnosave, but both balls were gone. I nudged the table like crazy but nothing happens, no ball's coming back. Really frustrating, isn't there some button combination that lets you end the current ball in such cases, so you could continue to play? Had a pretty good score, 2 extra balls ...

Just re-listing as this is still a problem in v1.02.

Default Shakey Table

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I have been playing with the motion controls/sixaxis for the table nudge and the tables will not stop shaking. Every few seconds the table shakes and it's very distracting. It does this on all the tables I have tried. I don't get a tilt warning, it just slightly nudges. I know you can use other buttons for this but I prefer the motion controls. Has anyone else experienced this?
    We have been playing so much we wore out the original black controller. I replaced it a day or so ago with two new ones a red one and a blue one. I had not experienced the slight table nudge with the old controller, but it happens with both the new ones. The red one is much worse than the blue one. I assumed it was too sensative because they were new? But seeing that others are having the same problem makes me think it may be a issue with the game? Funny the old one did not do it and the new ones do, but even stranger to me if its a game issue is why one contoller seems to be about five times worse than the other, very annoying and confussing. Are we waiting for a fix or is ther something I can do from here?

Just posting after I've been playing the paranormal table, and the left kickback pushed the ball straight down the right outlane and drained. No chance for me to stop it in any way. Thankfully I've got an extra ball ready. Now back to punching nessie on the nose.

Just posting after I've been playing the paranormal table, and the left kickback pushed the ball straight down the right outlane and drained. No chance for me to stop it in any way. Thankfully I've got an extra ball ready. Now back to punching nessie on the nose.
    That has happened to me a couple of times, but I was able to do a bangback (death save).

Default Possible Fantastic 4 bug/glitch

Not sure if this is a bug, glitch, or some real good luck but I have played over 10 games so far on Fantastic 4 and have yet to lose a ball on the right outlane. I lose a reasonable amount on the left outlane and a good amount down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post

Never run into such a Bug on Spidey , i share the first Place with TBruno on the Leaderboard, only Snakeman has seen me playing the Table for hours, to confirm that i have no Bogusscore lol hope Zen can fix it wath ever it is .... the only Bug on Spidey i ran in was that the Ball dissapeared without returning, Tilt not possible & i had to newstart a 630 billion Score. The Score was lost , but the highest JJ Stage got saved in the Stats.
    The Bug happend durring the Start all Villains Mode, after the Pumpkin exploded...... it happened again ,twice ,but then it launched me a new Ball
    Last edited by Dicepticon79; 11-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.

V1.02

No nudge sound effect on the Fantastic Four table.

Default El Dorado bug vita

Playing zenpinball2 El Dorado table on vita tonight and got stuck 3 different times in this hole each time forceing me to quit the game. The ball will just sit their and bounce up and down rapidly.
    Last edited by Soulcollector1; 11-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sui99 View Post
    Ninja Gaiden

I'm not able to post local scores. The screen where you enter your initials never shows up and the local highscore list only shows the predefined scores. I have no idea what may have caused this. Are others experiencing the same issue?
    same here. all other tables are working fine. i am playing on vita btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaydiz View Post
    same here. all other tables are working fine. i am playing on vita btw.
    Well, all I can think of is that you have to beat those local scores before you can type your initials I believe.