Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Does Pinball FX2 have 3D support?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default Does Pinball FX2 have 3D support?

    I know Zen Pinball 2 does, but how about FX2? Thanks ahead of time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdaley6509 View Post
    I know Zen Pinball 2 does, but how about FX2? Thanks ahead of time.
    Don't think so.

  3. #3

    Default

    no and that's a damn shame cos the 3d on zen pinball 2 kicks serious ass !

    it's an all new level of immersion really !

  4. #4

    Default

    I'd pay for that feature.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I'd pay for that feature.
    Same here !

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    no and that's a damn shame cos the 3d on zen pinball 2 kicks serious ass !

    it's an all new level of immersion really !
    I didn't think it would kick as much ass as it does. I just tried it on the PS3 and it really does send the game into a whole new level. It's simply amazing.

    Zen needs to add this to PFX2!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MattAtRuss View Post
    I didn't think it would kick as much ass as it does. I just tried it on the PS3 and it really does send the game into a whole new level. It's simply amazing.

    Zen needs to add this to PFX2!
    Might want to have a word with Microsoft on that. I believe the 360 needs some type of hardware to support the 3D. I doubt the 360 has it. I could be wrong though. I'm sure the next Xbox will definitely have it though.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I thought they sent an update to include 3d?
    http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/art...3d-update.html

    Unless I'm missing something. I'm new to 3d (thought it would fade away).

    I do know that playing Tesla in 3d was awesome and playing Nightmare Mansion in 3d would be bad ass as well.

  9. #9

    Default

    There are some games that work in 3d on the 360 ... enslaved comes to mind ... warriors orochi 3 ... i think avatar the game also ...

    there are a bunch already maybe gogle could help with the list ...

  10. #10

    Default

    Interesting! I didn't know it had any 3D support!

    As for our stuff, I think we'd have to do what we did with Zen Pinball 2 and basically remake all of the tables for 3D...

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    22

    Default

    There are many 360 titles that I play in 3D - Silent Hill Downpour, Sonic Generations, both Batman games, Enslaved... So yeah it definitely has it! Can't imagine how much good it does for pinball though, I mean on real life you're above the glass anyway!

  12. #12

    Default

    you have to see it to believe it mate it's really awesome ...

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Wow that's a real shame, after hearing about the amazing 3D in Zen Pinball, I'm distraught that the 360 gets no love.

    Gears of War 3, Call of Duty Black Ops, NBA 2k11/12, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Crysis 2 are just some of the 360 games supporting 3d that aren't already mentioned.
    Last edited by Hixbot; 09-25-2012 at 02:58 PM.

  14. #14
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    They added 3D support in an SDK update last year. However, given the recently well-publicized cost of updating the game (plus our preoccupation with other things), it will have to wait.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    3D would be serious butt kickin! But after playing 3D Zen Pinball for the 1st time on 3DS and finally on Vita I'm not really care to be honest!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    430

    Default

    3D would be serious butt kickin! But after playing 3D Zen Pinball for the 1st time on 3DS and finally on Vita I dont really care to be honest! whether or not it supports XBOX!

  17. #17

    Default

    The 3D support on Zen Pinball 2 is indeed an incredible difference. I don't know how to accurately describe it. I'll play more until I can explain why it matters so much.

  18. #18

    Default Why 3D is a big deal.

    Ok so I've figured it out. Something that we may have forgotten after many hours of playing this (most excellent of) pinball game(s), is that we are playing squished up tables. When I first played pinball fx2 tables (especially Hulk and Moon Knight), I had to adjust to the reality that these deep rectangles were squished into squares for the sake of screen shape and perspective. The dynamic cameras help this a little bit, showing the table from multiple angles can develop a more convincing illusion over time, but it's still something you are dealing with. This is even more of a compromise if you play from a static camera such as <view 1>.
    As soon as I started playing on a 3D television (Best buy is getting rid of the Playstation 3D display for cheap), it was obvious what I had been missing/ what I had learned to live with. The playfield is no longer a square, it's a rectangle laid out before you. The television screen is still between you and the table, but the table is totally there. I also thought that pinball sims wouldn't benifit that greatly from 3D, but I now think it benifits more than other genres because the camera doesn't move. A racing game has shit flying all over the place and stuff, but the pinball tables are so convincing in 3D, it has a realism to it because of the static camera angle. It's a bigger leap to think that a world in motion is in the other side of the screen than to imagine that there is a pinball table sitting there.
    Forget all that, the square versus rectangle comparison is the most clear. World War Hulk looks so distorted in 2D that it's hard to predict the ball speed. In 3D I play it and I'm like "OH! The ramp goes all the way into the back."
    It's super cool.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default I have to see this for myself !

    I'm going to have to fire up the old PS3 this week end and download the Zen Pinball 2 demo to check this out in person. I tried last night, and my PS3 controller wouldn't turn on at all, even after trying to recharge it for a couple of hours. I guess there's only so much lying around unused it could take. I figure this is worth buying a new controller.

    I totally see how this could be awesome. There's so much going on on most tables that it's sometimes hard to see what's what and what's in front of other stuff. A good 3D view should make the tables so much more lifelike.

    Add me to the list of those who would love to see this feature in the 360 version (or in the mythical Pinball FX3, if it ever happens).

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default ZP2's 3D is amazing

    So, I finally got a chance to try the demo tables on the PS3's Zen Pinball 2, and the effect is amazing. I first fired up the World War Hulk table (which I have played a lot on the 360) and it felt like a whole new table. Same geometry, same gameplay, but the 3D effect completely changes the way it feels. I own a 3D-capable TV but I haven't been a big fan of 3D gaming so far. I am mostly using it for the occasional 3D blu-ray. But somehow, in a static game like pinball, I feel that this is where is shines the most. It's not enough to make me use the PS3 as my primary gaming platform, but I will probably buy a few tables exclusive to Zen Pinball 2 to spend more time in 3D. And I really want it on the xbox now.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clydebink View Post
    Ok so I've figured it out. Something that we may have forgotten after many hours of playing this (most excellent of) pinball game(s), is that we are playing squished up tables. When I first played pinball fx2 tables (especially Hulk and Moon Knight), I had to adjust to the reality that these deep rectangles were squished into squares for the sake of screen shape and perspective. The dynamic cameras help this a little bit, showing the table from multiple angles can develop a more convincing illusion over time, but it's still something you are dealing with. This is even more of a compromise if you play from a static camera such as <view 1>.
    As soon as I started playing on a 3D television (Best buy is getting rid of the Playstation 3D display for cheap), it was obvious what I had been missing/ what I had learned to live with. The playfield is no longer a square, it's a rectangle laid out before you. The television screen is still between you and the table, but the table is totally there. I also thought that pinball sims wouldn't benifit that greatly from 3D, but I now think it benifits more than other genres because the camera doesn't move. A racing game has shit flying all over the place and stuff, but the pinball tables are so convincing in 3D, it has a realism to it because of the static camera angle. It's a bigger leap to think that a world in motion is in the other side of the screen than to imagine that there is a pinball table sitting there.
    Forget all that, the square versus rectangle comparison is the most clear. World War Hulk looks so distorted in 2D that it's hard to predict the ball speed. In 3D I play it and I'm like "OH! The ramp goes all the way into the back."
    It's super cool.
    Completely agree with this. You play tables in real life, you hear the sounds, see the lights, see the depth of the table and what flows over what. We've gotten accustomed to how video games, side scrollers and the like, are supposed to look. We've grown up on Super Mario Bros and Zelda. You accept the 2d plane as the game. But now we're talking about tables in real life, bringing that into video games. Your brain isn't going to be fooled into thinking that's actually real, it knows. Your brain knows how it's supposed to look. When you add the depth I swear it's like a light switch for your brain.

    I even made my own pinball controller with the same width dimensions of any table and location of the buttons to immerse myself even further. The only way I would describe the 3d function on ZP2 to someone who hasn't played it is "Just play on a real table and that's comparable". It's that good, my humble opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •