Thread: IS Rocky and Bulwwinkle the worst table ?

Default IS Rocky and Bulwwinkle the worst table ?

I don´t know about other players high scores on this table but before the patch i could have reasonable go on this table light kickbacks etc since the patch the slingshots fire ball down sides without any hope of bang back. at the end of the day this table sucks on so many levels.... so i vote its the worst table and vote for an unpatch to make this table playable again.

I actually like Rocky and Bullwinkle. Very good table in my opinion. It's hard to get a high score on it, but it doesn't mean its unplayable. I guess its just a difference in opinion here. I actually liked the way the table looked on PBFX versus PBFX 2. It was much lighter and more exuberant. I love the sound effects that was used and actual clips from the episodes. Zen did a good job.

I believe if you ask around, Extreme takes the cake for being the worst table. You'll meet very few on here that actually likes it. If I had to vote on the worst Zen table, that table would be it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Yeah R&B is pretty much the worst table. And is basically unplayable. I'd much rather Play Xtreme on any given day rather than the trainwreck that is R&B.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Wow really?! I guess I'm one of the rare ones that actually thinks its playable. LOL I can't handle the small clearance that is Extreme. I don't like it and it makes it "unplayable" for me.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Wow really?! I guess I'm one of the rare ones that actually thinks its playable. LOL I can't handle the small clearance that is Extreme. I don't like it and it makes it "unplayable" for me.
    You and your unwavering optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    You and your unwavering optimism!
    Oh yeah!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Wow, very little love for R&B.

I like R&B because I actually took the time to learn how to beat the missions, which is the only way you can get good points on the table currently. There is a table guide on this forum for how to beat all the R&B missions, which I would suggest reading. The guide also tells how to activate the left/right kickbacks on this table, which is a must.

The real problem with R&B is the outlanes can be a bit unforgiving if you miss ramp shots. However, this is no different than ROME (for example). Like almost all of the lower scoring FX2 tables, it is best to take a slow and deliberate approach to this table. Randomly hitting the ball is not recommended. You will also want learn how to strategically nudge the table to help avoid outlane drains, but keeping kickbacks alive is the best option.

Right kickback is very easy to activate - rotate the spinner 100 times - done. If you lose the right kickback - keep hitting the spinner until it rotates a total of 200 times. Basically, if the right kickback is off you just need to complete 100 rotations of the spinner to activate it (if it isn't already on).

Left kickback is a bit trickier. When ball saver is active, you will need to light all 4 outlanes (spell cake) to activate the left kickback. The easiest way to do this is just before starting multi-ball. Light 3 of the 4 outlanes, and then start multi-ball from the left lock hole. The ball will launch to the left inner outlane and let it light the letter (A) of CAKE - left kickback lit. If you are good at quickly hitting ramps after the launch of a new ball (ball save will be active), you can also spell CAKE and get the kickback.

There is still a bug on the R&B table that can be used to get good scores. Sometimes the ball will become trapped inside the left lock hole area when starting 3 ball multi-ball. Multiball will start, but it won't launch the ball out of the left lock hole. Basically you will have a 3 ball multiball with 2 balls in play and one in "reserve". Whatever you do, don't nudge the table if you want to exploit this bug. You safely play with 2 balls in play and then one ball in play (when you lose the 1st) and it will still give you the jackpot bonus on the ramps. When you eventually lose the 2nd ball, just nudge the table to return the 3rd ball into play to return to single ball play. Some people will consider this cheating and others will consider this as exploiting an opportunity (same as the now patched 40x F4 bug).

If I had to pick the worst FX2 table, it would have to be Extreme. This is mainly because what little there is to do on this table rewards such low score. At least R&B awards decent bonus for completing missions as well as good scores for completing shots during the missions. My second worst table would be SFII, mainly because of the difficulty of starting missions (You must complete 4 ramps/orbits sequences exactly to start a fight/mission. Hitting the wrong ramp/orbit will reset progress).

Again, I suggest taking some time to learn R&B and you will discover that it is fairly easy to get 100 million on this table in a short amount of time. Compare this to a table like ROME (without ROMULUS multi) or Iron Man, and you will see that R&B can actually be enjoyable.

Hope this info encourages others to give this table another try.
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 09-10-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

I like R&B because I actually took the time to learn how to beat the missions, which is the only way you can get good points on the table currently. There is a table guide on this forum for how to beat all the R&B missions, which I would suggest reading. The guide also tells how to activate the left/right kickbacks on this table, which is a must.
    I knew there were more people out there who liked the R&B table! HIGH FIVE

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

The real problem with R&B is the outlanes can be a bit unforgiving if you miss ramp shots. However, this is no different than ROME (for example). Like almost all of the lower scoring FX2 tables, it is best to take a slow and deliberate approach to this table. Randomly hitting the ball is not recommended. You will also want learn how to strategically nudge the table to help avoid outlane drains, but keeping kickbacks alive is the best option.

Right kickback is very easy to activate - rotate the spinner 100 times - done. If you lose the right kickback - keep hitting the spinner until it rotates a total of 200 times. Basically, if the right kickback is off you just need to complete 100 rotations of the spinner to activate it (if it isn't already on).

Left kickback is a bit trickier. When ball saver is active, you will need to light all 4 outlanes (spell cake) to activate the left kickback. The easiest way to do this is just before starting multi-ball. Light 3 of the 4 outlanes, and then start multi-ball from the left lock hole. The ball will launch to the left inner outlane and let it light the letter (A) of CAKE - left kickback lit. If you are good at quickly hitting ramps after the launch of a new ball (ball save will be active), you can also spell CAKE and get the kickback.

There is still a bug on the R&B table that can be used to get good scores. Sometimes the ball will become trapped inside the left lock hole area when starting 3 ball multi-ball. Multiball will start, but it won't launch the ball out of the left lock hole. Basically you will have a 3 ball multiball with 2 balls in play and one in "reserve". Whatever you do, don't nudge the table if you want to exploit this bug. You safely play with 2 balls in play and then one ball in play (when you lose the 1st) and it will still give you the jackpot bonus on the ramps. When you eventually lose the 2nd ball, just nudge the table to return the 3rd ball into play to return to single ball play. Some people will consider this cheating and others will consider this as exploiting an opportunity (same as the now patched 40x F4 bug).

If I had to pick the worst FX2 table, it would have to be Extreme. This is mainly because what little there is to do on this table rewards such low score. At least R&B awards decent bonus for completing missions as well as good scores for completing shots during the missions. My second worst table would be SFII, mainly because of the difficulty of starting missions (You must complete 4 ramps/orbits sequences exactly to start a fight/mission. Hitting the wrong ramp/orbit will reset progress).

Again, I suggest taking some time to learn R&B and you will discover that it is fairly easy to get 100 million on this table in a short amount of time. Compare this to a table like ROME (without ROMULUS multi) or Iron Man, and you will see that R&B can actually be enjoyable.

Hope this info encourages others to give this table another try.
    +1 Well said!!! That's what I'm talking about!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I love R&B, the story, voices, missions,etc. It's just the slingshots kick the ball way too hard, and pretty much ruins the table. It's unfortunate. Definitely still worth checking out though, don't get me wrong.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

R&B liker over here, although im no where near as good at it as I was in my PFX1 days... 100 Billion, remember having a crazy high Ramp score.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I like some R&B, not too good on that table though.

IMO Extreme is by far the worst table and then comes the racing one (can't think of the name)....

At this point most of the pre FX2 tables aren't that great.

But R&B is not the worst. I do not own R&B but have had a couple of goes on the full version and it's just a bit dull... Then again I don't overly like R&B so that's probably why.

Speed Machine is probably my least favourite table by faaaaaaaar.

I do have a question from this though; Maybe Barbie will see and answer (if she knows)... Would Zen ever consider going back to some of those themes and giving them a table worth playing? I mean a skateboard or racing table should be awesome to be honest.

Or maybe they could get the X-Games licence eh? Now that would be kool xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    At this point most of the pre FX2 tables aren't that great.

But R&B is not the worst. I do not own R&B but have had a couple of goes on the full version and it's just a bit dull... Then again I don't overly like R&B so that's probably why.

Speed Machine is probably my least favourite table by faaaaaaaar.

I do have a question from this though; Maybe Barbie will see and answer (if she knows)... Would Zen ever consider going back to some of those themes and giving them a table worth playing? I mean a skateboard or racing table should be awesome to be honest.

Or maybe they could get the X-Games licence eh? Now that would be kool xD.
    I think once we do a theme, that's pretty much it. However, we have a few of the same Marvel characters on a couple of different tables, so it might not be completely out of the question

I vote for Blade being the worse table of them all. R&B and Extreme are great tables. (And you already know Speed Machine is the best table ever!) *runs away*

Everyone has an opinion. Most Zen fans consider Blade a masterpiece though. With some practice, big points are to be had.

I'm an absolute pinball fanatic, and as such I don't hate any table - I just love throwing the ball around. Playing low scoring tables like Extreme and Speed Machine is still fun to do and go for a high-score as long as you ignore the Superscore element. To pick a least favourite table I would have to select the one I least play on, which would be X-Men. I appreciate it's complex design and how much there is to do, but there's just so much going on I find myself finishing modes accidentally. I prefer to deliberately work towards a goal, a la Epic Quest for example. I'm also a huge fan of the Mars table and find it quite easy going contrary to what some members opinions are. So yeah, X-Men due to over complexity.
    As a side note though, across all tables something really bugs me - how close together the flippers are and how many extra balls are available! I know we have an operators menu, but what's the point when it doesn't register to online leaderboards? I'd like to see a separate 'hatdcore' leaderboard, where you select the difficulty option prior to starting the table and it has a separate preset for things like number of extra balls, flipper distance, target difficulty etc. Maybe call it 'tournament setting' and 'arcade setting' or something.
    /thread hijack :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Would Zen ever consider going back to some of those themes and giving them a table worth playing? I mean a skateboard or racing table should be awesome to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I think once we do a theme, that's pretty much it. However, we have a few of the same Marvel characters on a couple of different tables, so it might not be completely out of the question
    Surely it depends on how general/specific the theme is. I think the idea of a "racing" theme is almost as general as that of a "superhero" theme. You can have F1 racing, rally racing, foot racing.... the list goes on. I expect Zen considers making tables with similar themes to existing tables as long as there are enough differences in the theme or design to keep it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataeus View Post
    I'm an absolute pinball fanatic, and as such I don't hate any table - I just love throwing the ball around. Playing low scoring tables like Extreme and Speed Machine is still fun to do and go for a high-score as long as you ignore the Superscore element. To pick a least favourite table I would have to select the one I least play on, which would be X-Men. I appreciate it's complex design and how much there is to do, but there's just so much going on I find myself finishing modes accidentally. I prefer to deliberately work towards a goal, a la Epic Quest for example. I'm also a huge fan of the Mars table and find it quite easy going contrary to what some members opinions are. So yeah, X-Men due to over complexity.
    As a side note though, across all tables something really bugs me - how close together the flippers are and how many extra balls are available! I know we have an operators menu, but what's the point when it doesn't register to online leaderboards? I'd like to see a separate 'hatdcore' leaderboard, where you select the difficulty option prior to starting the table and it has a separate preset for things like number of extra balls, flipper distance, target difficulty etc. Maybe call it 'tournament setting' and 'arcade setting' or something.
    /thread hijack :-)
    It is interesting how we all want something different out of pinball. I for one love X-men because of the variety on the table... trust me, it is actually not that complicated. It is just that every ramp and orbit moves you closer to start one of the missions. Once you understand that, it is one of the most flowing tables out there.

Mars on the other hand is a very limited table. Don't get me wrong, it is beautifully done and it is a mean challenge especially the pyramid mission. The wizard mode is also possible but quite unforgiving considering that if you miss it, you have to play through all the missions again. It is a very good table though to teach somebody to work towards a goal, complete missions as most of the missions are quite straight forward. You just know that you are going to have a long game waiting for you and you know what to expect after a while.

I agree with you on the difficulty factor. It seems like Zen Pinball 2 has addressed the extra ball issue. I'm interested to see how tournaments will be structured on Zen Pinball 2 as the talk has long been from Zen that they will look at hosting alternative tournaments e.g. no extra balls, only one ball etc. I set my own goals these days and don't chase high scores any more - complete all the modes and missions, complete wizard mode and aim for a decent score in a decent time (1 Billion for most tables). Since I have done that, I am enjoying Pinball FX 2 much more again and get a chance to play other games again.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread