Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adm56
    • Oct 2019

Please fix Pinscape Plunger Support in FX3

Could you fix Pinscape plunger support via 360 controller emulators on a PC? Cabinet owners have been asking for this for well over a year now.

Windows sees the plungers properly. The controller emulator (in most cases x360ce) sees them properly. But within FX3 you apparently apply a deadzone that doesn't allow for one for one physical/virtual plunger movement. This probably makes sense as a 360 analog stick might otherwise appear too finicky but we need to turn this 'feature' off for plunger use.

Without the ability to toggle or calibrate this IN GAME we are pretty much dead in the water. The best results I can get are:

Pull plunger out about 1-2 inches before in game plunger moves at all...travel is then apparently linear and maxes out in game when the physical plunger does.

This defeats the whole purpose of a physical plunger and I end up just using a button. Which is a shame considering some of the cool skill shots you've designed.

It may be easy for me to say this as I already have a code but I'd gladly pay a small fee for a cabinet code if it meant you guys would take cabinet mode more seriously.
  • Seattlemark
    • Feb 2013

Since I will be building a cabinet that incorporates a Pinscape plunger, I am also hoping that Zen works on this. It would be especially nice for when playing the FX3 Williams Pinball tables recreations with their realistic physics and great graphics.
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 10-22-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Moosebox
      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Seattlemark
      Since I will be building a cabinet that incorporates a Pinscape plunger, I am also hoping that Zen works on this. It would be especially nice for when playing the FX3 Williams Pinball tables recreations with their realistic physics and great graphics.
      Don't worry too much about it, the plunger works fine in FX3, you just need to know how to configure the settings within x360ce. Use the anti-dead zone setting to remove the dead zone that is inherent in FX3.

Comment

• Seattlemark
        • Feb 2013

There is helpful discussion on this exact same topic in the Steam Community in thread https://steamcommunity.com/app/44212...0247633197652/ .

Comment

• wh2o
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Adm56
          Could you fix Pinscape plunger support via 360 controller emulators on a PC? Cabinet owners have been asking for this for well over a year now.

Windows sees the plungers properly. The controller emulator (in most cases x360ce) sees them properly. But within FX3 you apparently apply a deadzone that doesn't allow for one for one physical/virtual plunger movement. This probably makes sense as a 360 analog stick might otherwise appear too finicky but we need to turn this 'feature' off for plunger use.

Without the ability to toggle or calibrate this IN GAME we are pretty much dead in the water. The best results I can get are:

Pull plunger out about 1-2 inches before in game plunger moves at all...travel is then apparently linear and maxes out in game when the physical plunger does.

This defeats the whole purpose of a physical plunger and I end up just using a button. Which is a shame considering some of the cool skill shots you've designed.

It may be easy for me to say this as I already have a code but I'd gladly pay a small fee for a cabinet code if it meant you guys would take cabinet mode more seriously.
          As the previous poster said, it's easy to fix via X360CE settings. In my cabinet I went into X360CE settings and after some trial-and-error set "Right Analog Y AntiDeadZone" to 8689. Now my plunger works as it should.

In my opinion, FX3 developers should support typical Windows game controllers on Windows. Requiring folks to use an XBOX controller on Windows, and/or jump through hoops with things like X360CE... that's pretty bad.

Comment

Working...