Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Marvel Table to be announced at New York Comic Con!

Quote Originally Posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    How is that not logical ok yes BLACK OPS 2 is 60 bucks and the tables that Zen create are are cheap especially after all the work Zen puts into these tables,but thats not my fault.
    Different games, different genres and that usually means different audiences. Releasing out the table the same day as Black Ops 2 is not going to affect sales that much.

Like I said before, there are many gamers out there that don't care for FPSs or the Call of Duty series. I'm one of those people.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that you can't shell out an extra $3 to buy the table after shelling out $60 to buy Black Ops 2. Sure you may not play Civil War right away, but that doesn't mean you are never going to buy and play it.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-16-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    Well, if you look at prior history, both the original Marvel Pinball 4-pack as well as Vengeance and Virtue were released mid-December. I think they realize that November isn't a good time to try and release something and have it be really visible - it'll get lost in the flood of "gotta have our game out for Black Friday to sell at $60 before it drops to $19.99 three months later" holiday releases.
    History is a good thing to look back at, but remember that there have been some recent changes to that history this year. The biggest change was the release of a platform called Zen Pinball 2. All a person needs to do is start up the game and they will see the following.

1.) A new patch/update notice. **download patch**
    2.) A new table icon (Civil War) on the main menu.

It's not like Marvel Pinball, where the only way a casual fan knew about new tables was by looking at the add-ons section.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-15-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    be honest have you all over there at Zen considered making any of the tables in the suggestion table tread.
    Dude, I specifically asked them to make an Infinity Gauntlet table and they did as a direct result of that. Dreams do come true, you just have to believe
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
    Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    Civil War can't wait....I have a question on why Marvel tables are 2.49 and a popcap table is 2.99....Marvel is way more of a juggernaut business then Popcap is....but maybe that's why.
    You guys make the best tables and can't wait for the new table. Such talented folk. And BB you are the best PR person in niceness and timeliness I have ever seen. Thanks.
    I'm not sure why they are different prices.

And thanks for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    This will go against the grain of the die hards here but seriously how many more times can you milk Captain America and Iron Man on us.
    Sure its a slick looking table but its becoming staid trudging over the same old characters on table after table.
    I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.

Quote Originally Posted by sui99 View Post
    I believe this is a MARVEL issue. I'm not a comic fan, not even a regular reader but I read somewhere that recent MARVEL events where mostly centered around Captain America, Ironman and their closer followers.

I also don't know how the cooperation between ZEN and MARVEL works. But I'm involved in marketing myself and whenever I establish crossover cooperations it's usually all about promotion. So, there's the possibility that MARVEL can "dictate" (to some degree) which table themes are supposed to be released and which characters shall be featured. (in order to promote their comics / movies)

But that's just me, wildly guessing.

As long as the tables are fun I can't care less about the characters. Best example is Fear Itself. I have no idea what's going on storywise and I don't know any of the characters but it's still my favorite table.
    We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We both decide which characters & story arcs to use. They wanted to highlight Thanos (this is pretty obvious why if you've seen the Avengers movie), so we did an Infinity Gauntlet table (and it was requested quite a bit from you guys, so we were more than happy to oblige). When we said we wanted to do a Moon Knight table they hesitated, but were fine with it once they saw our ideas for the table. So as you can see it depends on our designs, what is requested and what is going on in the Marvel Universe
    AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
    And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 10-16-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    AHA! That's why Hulk shows up in multiple tables (otherwise Hulk smash! during meetings)
    And don't tell me Wolverine is there for serving biscuits and coffee. He would make such a mess as I can imagine.

I hope Deadpool can make it to the next meeting... He might have some great ideas
    I'm...confused. I'm assuming something was lost in translation
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Picture a meeting between Zen studios and the Marvel cast about some new Marvel tables.

Quote Originally Posted by boulderdash View Post
    :d picture a meeting between zen studios and the marvel cast about some new marvel tables.
    Extremely nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Extremely nerdy
    I'm sorry, I should be ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    I'm sorry, I should be ashamed
    Haha no I was saying that meeting would look extremely nerdy!

so its civil war then hmm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    so its civil war then hmm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CS0OQhmeskk

i also had to look up civil war comic and what it was about because i knew nothing about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_%28comics%29

Now don't get me wrong it looks vary good and will be getting it for sure but i am hoping for more Original concepts like Tesla, Paranormal, Earth Defense, Epic Quest, and also tables based off of production companies and studios of games like Street Fighter II, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and of course the newly released Plants vs. Zombies.

i just feel like we have tons of marvel tables already But if zen studios increased in size and is able to do both marvel and Original concept tables then that's just Super that just means more from the best of both worlds..

i vary much look forward to playing civil war when it comes out
    Dude if you have a chance to read the actual series before the table releases, then you'll see why this table was a MUST!!! You can read it online or even go to YouTube and read it there. It's awesome.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

thanks Rafie i'll do some more sleuthing on the series

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    thanks Rafie i'll do some more sleuthing on the series
    Np. Also if you get a chance, if you haven't yet, check on Infinity Gauntlet! Another great series within Marvel. Highly recommend it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Hey everyone!

We set up a meeting at NY Comic Con for Chip from The BTeam Podcast to chat with Chris Baker, the Interactive Manager at Marvel, and here it is! As some of you may know, Chip is a HUGE fan of ours (over 500 hours on Zen/Marvel Pinball!!) and a friend as well, so it's awesome to see him completely nerd out while talking to Chris about the Civil War table, and other Marvel games. There is a bit of audio interference, but still worth checking out. Chris reveals how the Civil War table starts each game... Click here to watch and find out more

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It's not like Marvel Pinball, where the only way a casual fan knew about new tables was by looking at the add-ons section.
    Those of us who turn the game on regularly aren't really their target audience to "market" to, however. You can't increase your sale potential by just relying on those few thousand people. It's making sure that the people who downloaded Zen Pinball 2 because it was free (and because they had the original Marvel pack through PSN+) are aware that new tables come out. Every sale they make to someone in THAT group is a victory.

Releasing the table in the "cool down," post Thanksgiving, when no big names are expected for several weeks - that's the best chance to reel in the casuals. Whereas the majority of us who post here would pick up a new table any day of any week. It's safe to say they have OUR dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    As many times as they announce new movies around certain characters, we'll continue to see new tables with those same characters. The only way to prevent this is to have The Mandarin defeat Iron Man to break the cycle. Of cousre, then we'd get "Iron Mandarin" as the next table after that.

Default more marvel.......

I would reall love to some some more original tables like Sorcerers Lair, Epic Quest, Paranormal, Earth Defence, something, anything not Marvel related. Like Plants vs Zombies. I absolutely love that table. The Marvel thing is just getting old. The first Marvel pack was amazing. The second one was pretty sweet too. But now they are just getting stale. I mean I saw Zen Pinball 2 was coming out and I freaked. I got super excited and downloaded it right away....only to see that the first ZP2 table pack was of course....more Marvel. Now dont get me wrong.. I love the marvel tables. Every table you guys make is a masterpiece that sucks hours of my life away. I just really wanna see more crazy original ideas...now marvel related. I mena you got a license with Pop Cap for PVZ... try something cool there even. Maybe a Peggle table could be interesting. Who knows. I know you guys have it in you so im looking forward(and hoping) tohave my mind blown once again just like the first time I ever played sorcerers lair. I know you wont let me down. Time to get back to the PVZ tournament.

Default sry typos..

Meant to say *see some more....and *not Marvel related

Those of us who turn the game on regularly aren't really their target audience to "market" to, however. You can't increase your sale potential by just relying on those few thousand people.
    They (the casual crowd) don't have to turn it on regularly. As long as they play the game every so often (once every few months), which many of them do. My point is that the table won't get buried or forgotten, because of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or whatever latest greatest game comes out on that release date.

I think Zen will release more "original" tables than Marvel tables in 2013. I imagine that in the past, the Marvel tables simply sold more and they brought a lot of attention to their platform and that's why we have such a large amount now. I don't have Marvel fatigue as much as you guys, but 8 out of the last 10 releases have been Marvel with this next table obviously being Marvel as well so things have clearly been lopsided.

I think the fact these table comes as "packs" makes it worse, because if only one of the tables has your interest, you have to pay for 4 tables (plus 3p extra :P) to get at least one table you want and up to 3 you're not interested in. This makes it far less likely for me to actually buy the tables. I thought the idea of ZP2 being free and buying the tables individually was to promote choice.

Quote Originally Posted by parathod View Post
    I think Zen will release more "original" tables than Marvel tables in 2013. I imagine that in the past, the Marvel tables simply sold more and they brought a lot of attention to their platform and that's why we have such a large amount now. I don't have Marvel fatigue as much as you guys, but 8 out of the last 10 releases have been Marvel with this next table obviously being Marvel as well so things have clearly been lopsided.
    I wish that were the case but it doesn't sounds like it. There is another big name license after Marvel coming up and we haven't heard much in the way of original table ideas coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    They (the casual crowd) don't have to turn it on regularly. As long as they play the game every so often (once every few months), which many of them do. My point is that the table won't get buried or forgotten, because of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or whatever latest greatest game comes out on that release date.
    Fair enough. But the more of an impact they make during the first week, the more likely Sony will give appropriate attention to when the NEXT release comes down the pipeline.

Enough with my discussing marketing strategies, though. I'm impressed that it sounds like ZEN had to sell the idea for using Moon Knight as a table idea, and they were able to do it. It may not be my favorite table, but it adds a bit more diversity the Marvel lineup - they definitely could have tried a much "safer" table than that. That, World War Hulk and Fear Itself were fun tables because I got to learn bits and pieces of those tales when I didn't really know anything about them beforehand.

thanks for the link to that interview Barbie. It's great to get some insight on Civil War. Can't Wait.

That said. I think we should all be happy that any new table is coming to Zen/PBFX2 even if it is a marvel table. I love any table that Zen produces even if it's anther Marvel Table. Fact is players like certain tables and Marvel Characters. Moon Knight was a surprise and it was a great table. I was interested in Ghost Rider but I found the table not fun for me. X-Men was a surprise. It looked generic but oh how deep the table and Lighting up X-MEN was a real challenge.

To me PVZ was a step down in quality of Table development and numerous bugs/glitches. The multipliers don't advance sometimes no matter how many times I get in the Jack in the pot area. Some missions record ball out even though there are balls on the table. That to me was annoying as I was sitting around 1 billion on ball 2 and lost the ball. was expecting ball 3 but the game Said 'GAME OVER'.

I'm looking forward to see what new license Zen has picked up. It certainly has everyone curious.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    thanks for the link to that interview Barbie. It's great to get some insight on Civil War. Can't Wait.

That said. I think we should all be happy that any new table is coming to Zen/PBFX2 even if it is a marvel table. I love any table that Zen produces even if it's anther Marvel Table. Fact is players like certain tables and Marvel Characters. Moon Knight was a surprise and it was a great table. I was interested in Ghost Rider but I found the table not fun for me. X-Men was a surprise. It looked generic but oh how deep the table and Lighting up X-MEN was a real challenge.

To me PVZ was a step down in quality of Table development and numerous bugs/glitches. The multipliers don't advance sometimes no matter how many times I get in the Jack in the pot area. Some missions record ball out even though there are balls on the table. That to me was annoying as I was sitting around 1 billion on ball 2 and lost the ball. was expecting ball 3 but the game Said 'GAME OVER'.

I'm looking forward to see what new license Zen has picked up. It certainly has everyone curious.
    No problem! I'm really excited for you to play Civil War. While it's still Marvel, it has a very distinct, different feel to it. It's gonna be rad!

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    To me PVZ was a step down in quality of Table development and numerous bugs/glitches.
    The biggest issue I have with Plants VS Zombies is to a certain extent, your score is completely up to the whims of chance. I don't like the jack-in-the-box feature because there's no way to control what it will give you (and often it doesn't show up on the display so you don't even KNOW what you earned). Wolverine's "Amnesia" random reward was a better method - you could at least try a last-minute nudge to change a lackluster award to something else.

You also spend more than half of a typical game in You've Got Mail multiball (as opposed to the more interesting Repeater Multiball), and the shot needed to take advantage of accumulated sun is a bit tricky for a casual player to pull off.

Well, if you look at prior history, both the original Marvel Pinball 4-pack as well as Vengeance and Virtue were released mid-December. I think they realize that November isn't a good time to try and release something and have it be really visible - it'll get lost in the flood of "gotta have our game out for Black Friday to sell at $60 before it drops to $19.99 three months later" holiday releases.

Being a virtual release, it wouldn't really get any benefits from a pre-Thanksgiving release. Whereas if they release it a week or two before the holidays, it's still likely to have front-page visibility on the PS3 store so all those people who got PSN gift cards can direct their $2.99 in the proper direction.

Given prior history and marketing logic, I'm expecting a release around December 11th. But I have a one-in-two chance of being wrong 50% of the time, so who knows.
    That'd be great for me (the December 11th) as MY birthday is on the 13th ;P
    PSN ID: draig3791

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12