Thread: Tables with scoring structure similar to Blade? (huge points in/after Wizard mode)

Default Tables with scoring structure similar to Blade? (huge points in/after Wizard mode)

I'm loving Blade and today I got all the way through Wizard Mode for the first time. Final score was 382 Million, good for 32nd on the boards. Not huge, but by far my personal best on any table (and currently #1 in the weekly ranking)

I know that beating Wizard Mode on most tables generally equals a huge score popping, but I really like the way the one in Blade finishes up - 6 Millon a shot until you lose your multiball. It was like the promised land The grind all the way through spelling DRACULA to reach the mode where the real scoring is achieved, and being able stay there as long as you can keep juggling.

I just found it really satisfying. So I'm wondering if there are other tables like this?

The only downside is that if you're playing for score is, once you drain and everything resets, you know you've got a big grind ahead of you, and there's only potential to score 70 million points or so during the entire grind (but then suddenly you're piling up hundreds of millions in Wizard mode).

Anyway the rush/payoff for me is huge, and once I'm done with Blade I'd like to play another table with a hard-to-reach mode with endless scoring potential.

One other Blade question - occasionally I have a scoring multiplier in effect and I'm not sure how it happened. In the vampire lair mission for the 'R' in DRACULA, normally I'm only scoring 800K per shot on the flashing lanes. (400K x2 with the talisman)... but in one game, I was getting 1,200,000 a shot in that mode. Did I encounter a bug or is there a way to stack/multiply scores?
    Last edited by haha_dead; 10-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I would say Blade has one of the easiest Wizard modes to reach, also you can activate it quickly compared to most other tables. If you think it is a grind reaching it wait until you try and reach some of the others...On a lot of the other tables it isn't always necessary to reach the Wizard mode to get a high score, there are other ways to clock up the big scores.

I agree with you about the scoring, I like going through the missions with the target of a high scoring multi-ball finish. That's one of the reasons I love Sorcerer's Lair, another plus is that you don't actually have to complete the missions; just activate all of them. You are then rewarded with a multi-ball with big scores although the time is limited. There is the incentive of completing the missions etc. as it means each shot in Wizard mode is worth more points.

Anyway congrats on your Blade score, good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by haha_dead View Post
    One other Blade question - occasionally I have a scoring multiplier in effect and I'm not sure how it happened. In the vampire lair mission for the 'R' in DRACULA, normally I'm only scoring 800K per shot on the flashing lanes. (400K x2 with the talisman)... but in one game, I was getting 1,200,000 a shot in that mode. Did I encounter a bug or is there a way to stack/multiply scores?
    If you have the flame ball, it will triple the regular score values (if you have the double score talisman). I have run into a few times, where the score values don't reset after the flame ball ends. I haven't run into it the glitch yet on ZP2, but I have a few times on Marvel Pinball.

Fear Itself features a very highscoring wizard mode but it's absolutely brutal to get there.

Spiderman is another table to score big during wizard mode but you need to prepare it (the highest level of each mission is saved across multiple games and the score per shot is dependant on those levels; so, you have to raise levels beforehand).

Avengers & Sorcerer's Lair also feature very rewarding wizard modes.