Thread: Local Multiplayer Scores

Default Local Multiplayer Scores

Anyone else think the local multiplayer scores (hotseat etc.) should register in the overall high scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post
    Anyone else think the local multiplayer scores (hotseat etc.) should register in the overall high scores?
    I would like this. I have had several games on hotseat where I beat my top score but it didn't register on the overall high scores.

I can see why they don't allow it, since the game can't tell who the PSN ID is associated to when playing that mode. You have four players and only one of them is the owner of that PSN account.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I can see why they don't allow it, since the game can't tell who the PSN ID is associated to when playing that mode. You have four players and only one of them is the owner of that PSN account.
    Never thought of that, it is a decent argument against, but there could be a workaround maybe. I play the wife a lot and sure wish some of those scores would count.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post
    Never thought of that, it is a decent argument against, but there could be a workaround maybe.
    Maybe, but it's really up to Sony's PSN architecture. Can the PSN allow multiple sign-ins (simultaneously) on the same system? I have yet to see that, so it's hard to say if it can be done.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-26-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Maybe, but it's really up to Sony's PSN architecture. Can the PSN allow multiple sign-ins on the same system? I have yet to see that, so it's hard to say if it can be done.
    LittleBigPlanet and some other games allow this I think, or is it just profiles on the same system?

I think UC3 multiplayer allows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    LittleBigPlanet and some other games allow this I think, or is it just profiles on the same system?
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07
    I think UC3 multiplayer allows this.
    Well LittleBigPlanet and UC3 are unique cases where they have a whole disc (50GB) to work with. It's possible to make a program to allow multiple PSN tags to run simultaneously on a single PS3 and on their servers.

It's kind of hard to do that on a 290MB game though (not counting DLC) without using a larger file size. Sony charges Zen by the download and the price goes up after ever GB. Either Zen will have to raise prices or they are going to foot the bill themselves to justify this.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Question

Well LittleBigPlanet and UC3 are unique cases where they have a whole disc (50GB) to work with. It's possible to make a program to allow multiple PSN tags to run simultaneously on a single PS3 and on their servers.

It's kind of hard to do that on a 290MB game though (not counting DLC) without using a larger file size. Sony charges Zen by the download and the price goes up after ever GB. Either Zen will have to raise prices or they are going to foot the bill themselves to justify this.
    Huh? We're talking about playing a single instance on a single console while having 2 PSN accounts signed in at the same time for different hotseat players. Only the host (Player1) needs to own the game, other players are simply participants and only need to sign in to link whatever they do in the host's game with their account.

Where did the re-downloading etc come from? I had to re-read what you posted as I'm honestly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    Where did the re-downloading etc come from? I had to re-read what you posted as I'm honestly confused.
    What I was saying is that if the PSN doesn't support it, then it will have to be coded by the developer on the game itself. It isn't cheap and it requires more space for that said code. For a company that is being charge on file size and only charging us a few dollars a table. It may not be economically feasible to do.

It may seem simple to apply, but I've learn in programming and databasing that that isn't always the case.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-26-2012 at 11:38 PM.