Thread: Easter Eggs

Red face Easter Eggs

My first day here and I've been opinionated and critical, sorry about that. But I've also learnt some bits and read links, one of them led me to this list of Real Pinball table Easter Eggs: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm

Which got me thinking whether the tables in Zen Pinball (2) have any special includes by the Zen Studio developers. Special Attract mode functions, name inputs, fun things in DMD animations etc...

Of course if it's anything like those flipper combinations, only a dev or a hacker could tell you, unless you had the patience of a saint.

EDIT: I think everybody by now knows of the "Earth Defense" robot's idle face animations ("C:\", "Tic-tac-toe", "Winter Snowglobe", "Eyeball Pong")
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-27-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    My first day here and I've been opinionated and critical, sorry about that. But I've also learnt some bits and read links, one of them led me to this list of Real Pinball table Easter Eggs: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm

Which got me thinking whether the tables in Zen Pinball (2) have any special includes by the Zen Studio developers. Special Attract mode functions, name inputs, fun things in DMD animations etc...

Of course if it's anything like those flipper combinations, only a dev or a hacker could tell you, unless you had the patience of a saint.
    Well, if you go into the Operator's Menu you can change or test just about anything you could think of. The only easter eggs I can think of is some mildly obscured references on the tables in the form of artwork or voice overs. Nothing major that I know of. Oh, and welcome to the forums
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Welcome Pyrii!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Oh, and welcome to the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Welcome Pyrii!
    Thanks

Figured I'd post something I just noticed: In Excalibur (PS3 & 3DS), during attract mode, the DMD video shows 3 Dancing Princess Peaches, usually around the time the 10th Hi-Score is shown.
    Last edited by Pyrii; 10-27-2012 at 02:21 AM.

While I haven't seen any Easter eggs as such, I have found some instances of the game breaking the fourth wall.

For example, nudging the table on Ghost Rider will prompt Mephisto to say "ooh, we have a cheater!". There is a similar instance in Fear Itself where nudging the table will cause Sin to say "You will shake in fear, not for personal gain." I believe that in Wolverine, people have said that when a billion points is reached, Wolverine will say "Welcome to the billionaire's club, bub".

Those three tables have all been designed by the same person. He also designed Excalibur and Paranormal ("It's time for the wizard mode!"). Make that what you will.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    I believe that in Wolverine, people have said that when a billion points is reached, Wolverine will say "Welcome to the billionaire's club, bub".
    A few of the tables say it, while the others will just display the message on the DMD.

I actually noticed that the music for "El Dorado" has parts of the original Zen Pinball theme in it. Mainly percussion.

I actually noticed that the music for "El Dorado" has parts of the original Zen Pinball theme in it. Mainly percussion.
    Not an easter egg but the music from NGS2 reminds me of the scifi series Lexx, the best scifi show ever imo.