Thread: Ghost Rider/Blade/Paranormal!!

Default Ghost Rider/Blade/Paranormal!!

Coming Soon icons popped up! WOOHOO! Any idea on approximate release date? I have to say these pinball games are EASILY the most used app on my iPad besides facebook and notes (I'm a musician and write all my lyrics on my iPad). I'm almost afraid I'm gonna wear two thumb holes through the glass LOL!!! Keep up the great work!!

I'd love to see a Punisher table someday!

Any info on release for iOS? The suspense is killing me!

Nothing yet, still waiting on approval!

Any news on the update? It's been a week and apple is sure taking there time. My flipper fingers are twitching lol

Quote Originally Posted by Auradragon9 View Post
    Any news on the update? It's been a week and apple is sure taking there time. My flipper fingers are twitching lol
    Still waiting.... ARRRGHH!!

Lol tell apple to get a move on it :P

Lol tell apple to get a move on it :P
    I know, right?! WHYYYYYY!!!

That is strange. Just read an Ars Technica article that said current wait time for app approval is around a week or less right now.

Yeah but they don't always go through on the first shot.

Bummer. Well hopefully the 2nd (3rd?) time is the charm.

Oh, so you have to keep submitting the update until they approve it?

Oh, so you have to keep submitting the update until they approve it?
    Yep, sure do

That really sucks

Edit: I found this post on google that might help:

We've submitted a lot of apps for various clients and for our own account. It took between 5 days up to 17 days to get the app validated. It depends on app complexity, app content, app legal implication for Apple (for example, on a music broadcast app, they asked if the editor had cleared the right for distributing that content before accepting the app). So as Jonah said, it's not a simple answer. One thing I know is that if you need exceptionally to ask Apple for a quicker approval process, you can do so through the Contact Us form on the iTunesConnect web site. If they are ok with it, it takes two or three days to process (although you got to make sure your app is bug free or else, you get pushed back the priority list...)
    I found that the "App Store Approval Process" estimation on their site is somewhat reliable, but again, that's not always the case.
    Last edited by Auradragon9; 11-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Default The wait is killing me...

Apple is sure taking their time. I am not understanding their reasoning. You are Zen Studios, not some third party vendor! It should not take you as long since you a well known company. I am thinking of switching to Android because of this...Well, at least have an Android device to pass the time until it comes out finally.

Some kind of licensing snag must be slowing it down. I'm thinking Civil War may have the same problem come the 21st.
    Last edited by Mblamar; 11-14-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mblamar View Post
    Some kind of licensing snag must be slowing it down. I'm thinking Civil War may have the same problem come the 21st.
    Nope it got denied on the first submission and then it gets put back through submission a second time, should be out here pretty soon though. We shouldn't see any issue with CW, but we'll know more once the first batch of tables gets approved. I'll keep you all updated.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Nope it got denied on the first submission and then it gets put back through submission a second time, should be out here pretty soon though. We shouldn't see any issue with CW, but we'll know more once the first batch of tables gets approved. I'll keep you all updated.
    So when did Zen submit it again? Just wondering...

Ah, I had been reading that apple has tightened they're app approval process. Things that never got denied before have been having issues because of things like having keywords in the title, stupid things like that.

Thumbs up

I'll just keep playing the other tables while I wait....still trying to get a better score on Tesla, it's ridiculously hard LOL.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

21 days later, my suggestion would be, don't do any more coming soon icons.

Does apple tell you if you are approved? Or does the update just show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mblamar View Post
    21 days later, my suggestion would be, don't do any more coming soon icons.
    I'm just as excited to play the new tables as everyone else but that's a silly comment you came out with. Coming soon doesn't mean in under 21 days! There are games and movies coming out next summer that are billed as "coming soon".

Just be patient, Zen have upped their game of late and deserve some credit. Barbie couldn't have been any clearer. The tables will be here very soon and we can all enjoy them and compete for the top score!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
    I'm just as excited to play the new tables as everyone else but that's a silly comment you came out with. Coming soon doesn't mean in under 21 days! There are games and movies coming out next summer that are billed as "coming soon".

Just be patient, Zen have upped their game of late and deserve some credit. Barbie couldn't have been any clearer. The tables will be here very soon and we can all enjoy them and compete for the top score!
    I think the problem with these tables was they were Halloween themed releases, as they said on Facebook for the other platforms, so Halloween has passed and we didn't get the tables for the day. But I will go out on a limb here and say we hopefully should have them in time for next Halloween... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterflood View Post
    I think the problem with these tables was they were Halloween themed releases
    Exactly. It isn't Zen's fault they didn't come out. Hence the suggestion. They don't know when it will happen. No offense intended.

TPA had a similar problem. Their last DLC pack was supposed to be a September release, and they had even built monthly releases into their marketing, but App Store caprice tied their hands, and they couldn't deliver, no fault of their own.

I don't think anyone is blaming zen. They're awsome and its not there fault that apple is picking everything apart with a pair of fine tweezers.

When i opened the zen pinball app today i got a message saying the 3 tables plus Civil War are coming soon. I'm guessing Zen delayed the release of 3 tables so that they all could be released together with Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    When i opened the zen pinball app today i got a message saying the 3 tables plus Civil War are coming soon. I'm guessing Zen delayed the release of 3 tables so that they all could be released together with Civil War.
    Nope, no delay on our end, the tables are sitting in line waiting to be approved by Apple, and CW is just added in behind it.

I stand corrected. I guess I assumed incorrectly by the in game message and the thought that you didn't want mobile users to have to download back-to-back game updates. Are these updates just for the new dlc or will a title update also be included?

A note to iOS users, I would recommend backing up your saved game file before updating or risk getting your local scores and epic quest stats wiped again.
    Last edited by surf1der; 11-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.

I definitely plan on backing mine up, I lost Epic Quest progress a previous update.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Any word from apple on the status of the updates? Or did they deny them again?

Still in line for approval, from what I understand.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

UPDATE!!!!

Paranormal, Blade and Ghost Rider have been approved and will be available Wednesday! ALSO... Civil War releases on Wednesday!! Thanks for being patient and understanding during the approval process, you guys rock!

HURRAY!!! Thanks for the good news Barbie

Thanks Barbie! Appreciate the great follow-through.

Oh, and STOKED!

Woohoo! Awesome news!
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Default Pure awesomeness!!!!!

That's amazing news!

I've got a 6 hour train journey tomorrow. Guess what I'll be doing?

Thanks Barbie.....you're da bomb!!!! x

Yay I got paranormal today. I'm a bit disappointed that they cut out the blue glowing special effects for the UFO, levitation and triangle holes, but overall it's great

New update, but unfortunately no fixes like bigger DMD, buttons etc.
    You guys are aware that iPad released a 3th generation (and 4th already) tablet with retina display?

Until then not buying more tables.

Got Paranormal table now and there seem to be a couple of bugs. The loading screen shows the Captain America table instead and the confirmation tick appears on the right for some reason during the game, but there is nothing you need to confirm during that bit of the game and the button doesn't respond to being touched.

Default Marvel

civil wars say when i want buy the table Patch required continue?
    Paranomal Ghost and blade no problems.

I have a current bug/ missing items list going for paranormal:

1. When launching the ball, no view of the plunger is shown at all, so you can't see how far the plunger is pulled down.

2. All blue glowing special effects (UFO abduction, triangle hole lights, levitation glowing ball effect) seem to be missing.

3.dot-matrix display on the top of the table does not fit the black box, and effects gameplay during crocodile chase video mode.

4. Magna save function does not seem to work properly. The on screen button does not respond to touch well, and remains on the screen after manga save wears off.

5. The very bottom part of the table seems to be cut off and all you see is a thin white line.

That's my current list, I'll update this if I find any more

Quote Originally Posted by Richard de s View Post
    civil wars say when i want buy the table Patch required continue?
    Paranomal Ghost and blade no problems.
    You'll need to update to the latest version to play the new table

[QUOTE=Auradragon9;36848]I have a current bug/ missing items list going for paranormal:

1. When launching the ball, no view of the plunger is shown at all, so you can't see how far the plunger is pulled down.

2. All blue glowing special effects (UFO abduction, triangle hole lights, levitation glowing ball effect) seem to be missing.

3.dot-matrix display on the top of the table does not fit the black box, and effects gameplay during crocodile chase video mode.

4. Magna save function does not seem to work properly. The on screen button does not respond to touch well, and remains on the screen after manga save wears off.

5. The very bottom part of the table seems to be cut off and all you see is a thin white line.

That's my current list, I'll update this if I find any more[/QUOTE

I'll add that video mode is a blank white screen even in the opening pan. I cannot find view that works well for me on the iPod; some don't allow seeing the bottom paddle, only one allows for an easy top paddle but the outlanes are blind. This table is the worst fit for horizontal play on an iPod so far.

Same here, worst iOS port until now. They must fix these bugs...

Thanks for the reports! Sending to the team.

Default Another minor problem with Paranormal

The picture that shows up at the loading screen is the Captain America table not Paranormal.

Just got Zen Pinball on iOS for my 3GS, been playing the Sorcerer's Lair table for three straight days and I have to say this is one of the best games I have played on my phone. I decided to purchase the Paranormal table but so far have not been quite enjoying it as much as the Sorcerer's Lair table due to the issues listed by the above posters.

I think the main issue is that on both the vertical and horizontal view the table is much more zoomed in than the sorcerer's lair which I think was a better camera angle. No plunger makes launching the ball a b*itch and forget about skill shots. Also like someone said the loading table image was Captain America's table and while it is not a big deal it does take away from the experience and I am sure it would be an easy fix for the team. Looking forward to the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingDjinn View Post
    The picture that shows up at the loading screen is the Captain America table not Paranormal.
    That is bizarre! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon05 View Post
    Just got Zen Pinball on iOS for my 3GS, been playing the Sorcerer's Lair table for three straight days and I have to say this is one of the best games I have played on my phone. I decided to purchase the Paranormal table but so far have not been quite enjoying it as much as the Sorcerer's Lair table due to the issues listed by the above posters.

I think the main issue is that on both the vertical and horizontal view the table is much more zoomed in than the sorcerer's lair which I think was a better camera angle. No plunger makes launching the ball a b*itch and forget about skill shots. Also like someone said the loading table image was Captain America's table and while it is not a big deal it does take away from the experience and I am sure it would be an easy fix for the team. Looking forward to the next update.
    Thanks! I'll be sure to let the team know.

I will add another couple of points for the Paranormal table and Zen Pinball in general that I think is 3GS specific.

- Dot matrix must be set to small - any other size will have it take up too much space not to mention part of the dot matrix will be offscreen

- Initials for high scores can't be entered unless the phone is in horizontal and even then the left right arrows are barely visible

- the video and pause button on the top right corner are too big. I have played zen pinball on a iphone 4 and the buttons were perfectly sized. The two buttons together takes up almost 1/6 of the screen for my 3GS. I didn't find that to be too big of a problem for Sorcerer's Lair but for Paranormal when Magna save is activated I get an additional giant check mark button on the right hand side near the middle. Combined with the more zoomed in view it pretty much blocks out anything right of the main ramp and a lot of times I find myself wasting the Magna save just so I could get the check mark box out of my screen

It's probably not on the top of your team's list to attend to 3GS specific problems since let's face it we are being phased out, but if there is an easy fix I would really appreciate it if they could include it in the next patch.

Despite all the problems I have listed, the Paranormal table was still very much worth the price and man what a unique table. Would definitely recommend it to other people.

I am looking at the Tesla table now, anyone know how that compares to Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair?

Edit: green glow effect when haunted house door is open appears to be missing

Quote Originally Posted by falcon05 View Post

I am looking at the Tesla table now, anyone know how that compares to Paranormal and Sorcerer's Lair?
    For me at least Tesla is the lowest scoring table. My current favorite other than the four new tables is World War Hulk, and all time favorite is Epic Quest.
    1BadPony on OpenFeint
    hillie16 on Game Center

Quote Originally Posted by hillie16 View Post
    For me at least Tesla is the lowest scoring table. My current favorite other than the four new tables is World War Hulk, and all time favorite is Epic Quest.
    Yikes, I am already having trouble reaching Wizard mode in Paranormal... Maybe I should be buying Epic Quest next instead.

UPDATE:

6. green glow effect when haunted house door is open appears to be missing

7. Sound effect for skill shot does not always play

UPDATE:

6. green glow effect when haunted house door is open appears to be missing

7. Sound effect for skill shot does not always play

Thanks for the list!

Your welcome