Thread: Pinball FX 2 Trouble

Default Pinball FX 2 Trouble

First of all, thanks to ZEN Studios for realesing pinball on PC!!! I waited for this 5 longest years...

But back to the problem. After latest update I can not enter the game. The game runs well but after entering XBox profile, speed of the game became about 1 frame per 3 seconds... And that's all I can do! Although before update game worked perfectly...

??

I got the same problem, after teh last update the game start to lag a lot after sign in to xbox live BUT! only on my desktop PC running with nvidia graphics, on my Laptop with ATI graphics everything is fine.
    The link leads to a system report from my desktop pc cause the forum does not allow such big files, it s a big report cause i selected almost all checks. I hope that helps detectign the problem: http://ubuntuone.com/623UiFKh1Zf99osYEgJ2ED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Draco View Post
    I got the same problem, after teh last update the game start to lag a lot after sign in to xbox live BUT! only on my desktop PC running with nvidia graphics, on my Laptop with ATI graphics everything is fine.
    The link leads to a system report from my desktop pc cause the forum does not allow such big files, it s a big report cause i selected almost all checks. I hope that helps detectign the problem: http://ubuntuone.com/623UiFKh1Zf99osYEgJ2ED
    It's very strange, because I have this problem on laptop with ATI graphics...

Well, i got it on my Dekstop running with Nvidia graphics and its anoingly, althrough its not lagging that much like at you (i mean somethign like 12 fps) but still not really playable which is highly anoyingly.

Thanks for the reports! With any new releases there can be issues, please be patient while we work out the kinks. I've forwarded this issue to the team and we'll be in contact with Microsoft to get this resolved.

Zen studios! Any news about this problem? I tried completely format and reinstall Windows 8. But after that, on a clean system, it continiues to occur...

Nvidia has a driver for Windows 8 now called 306.97 could fix the problem if you don't already have that driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom75 View Post
    Nvidia has a driver for Windows 8 now called 306.97 could fix the problem if you don't already have that driver.
    I have ATI video card! Problem is that before the game update everything worked well... I think that is a problem with XBox Live! =)

I'm having the same problem.

CPU Usage when signed into Xbox Live

CPU Usage when not signed into Xbox Live

It was working fine when I originally downloaded it but it's now basically unplayable. It sucks because I can't use any of my purchased tables or use the leaderboards.

CPU: i5-2500K @ 3.6 GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    GFX: AMD HD 5770 (with latest drivers)
    Last edited by clamburger; 11-10-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: cpu specs

Default same problem

Should have searched more subjects before writing. I basically have the same problem.
    It really seems to be a problem with XBox Live; the game slows down significantly after the login. Also, I can't confirm any spikes in CPU usage. It's basically the same after and before login.

• CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
    • RAM: 6,0 GB DDR2
    • GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (newest drivers)
    • NET: cable 32.000 Kbit/s

Default Me too

Just to chip in, I'm having similar problems on an HP Envy with a quad-core i7 and AMD GPU, and it does seem to be slowing down only after the connection to Xbox Live.

Probably worth pointing out that I've had PFX2 since the first day Windows 8 RTM was available on MSDN, and it was fine, ran buttery-smooth on both laptop and Samsung Slate. Haven't played it for a few weeks (been on holiday), and then today this problem. So quite possibly not Zen Studios' fault.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed soon. Really want to play that Iron Man table!

Thanks for the reports everyone, we are looking into the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Default Same Issue

I'm having the exact same issue as of 12/6/2012. I've purchased 6 tables but now I can barely play them! The game runs very very smooth until just after logging into XBox Live. I've played every day for the past 2-3 weeks and the issue only started today.

Intel Core i7-2600k
    16Gb RAM
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

Is there an ETA on the fix, or is there a workaround?

Thanks!, You guys are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by scottwuzhear View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue as of 12/6/2012. I've purchased 6 tables but now I can barely play them! The game runs very very smooth until just after logging into XBox Live. I've played every day for the past 2-3 weeks and the issue only started today.

Intel Core i7-2600k
    16Gb RAM
    Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

Is there an ETA on the fix, or is there a workaround?

Thanks!, You guys are awesome!
    We have an update going live sometime this month, sit tight! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Unhappy Me too

Hi,

I have the same problem (slow when signed in), but only with one of my two computers.

I have troubles with this configuration :

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    8 Go DDR2 RAM
    Mainboard Asustek P5Q
    Graphic card : Nvidia Quadro 600 1 Go

But no problem with my old portable computer which has a much lower configuration :

Acer Aspire 5611AWLMi
    Intel Core Duo T2050 (1,6 Ghz)
    Nvidia Geforce Go7300 256 Mo
    2 Go DDR2 RAM

Also tried to switch my Internet connection (from a RJ-45 to another Wifi Card) but no changes.

Is there a way I can play offline (even if there is no score recording) ?

Waiting for this fix to buy other boards.

Thanx !

Herby_05

Default Can't activate FX 2 Pinball in Win 8 Pro

Hope I am not on wrong thread.
    I played the game in Win 8 Preview with no issues.
    My desktop is gaming quality machine so I know it is fine.

I since installed the Win 8 Pro paid OS, I downloaded the app. No problem, I get all the right stuff, yet, I just can not start a game>
    So any thoughts, or please direct me to the proper thread.
    Cheers...

Never Mind, it just started working sorry...
    Last edited by Gatorproof; 12-09-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: found problem on my own

Question Update?

Is there any news on the update that was supposed to come out this month?

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mondsplitter View Post
    I've been checking the forums and the appstore every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mondsplitter View Post
    Nothing yet, sit tight!

Default Same trouble after update

Hi,

I still have the problem, even after updating today...

Any fix soon ?

Waiting for that fix to buy other tables.

Thanks !

Herby_05

Default substituted problem

The "lagging"-problem seems to be gone. Thank you for that. But there is still no offline-modus, or have I missed that?
    Also I now have a new problem: My Xbox 360 Controller isn't properly recognized anymore. It works fine within the menu but during gameplay I get no response whatsoever so I can only play using my keyboard (which isn't quite the same). Restarting the game and reconnecting the controller (to a different USB port) didn't help.

EDIT: The problem with my Xbox 360 Controller seems to be resolved. No idea what the problem was before.
    Last edited by Mondsplitter; 01-13-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: described problem solved

The last update was a fix for Civil War, we're still working on making offline play a possibility.

Default FX2 Ball slow speed/clocking/slow play

In the last few days, all of my pinball games on Windows 8 appear to be slow game play, the ball is jumpy...

This is only seems to be the case when I am signed into Windows live profile. When I am signed out, and play all games as a demo, there does not seem to be any problems.

Looking for ideas or patches etc...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leafen View Post
    In the last few days, all of my pinball games on Windows 8 appear to be slow game play, the ball is jumpy...

This is only seems to be the case when I am signed into Windows live profile. When I am signed out, and play all games as a demo, there does not seem to be any problems.

Looking for ideas or patches etc...

Thanks
    There was an update released recently, did you install it?

Default Where can I find the update that was released?

Where is the update? Can I have a link please...

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by leafen View Post
    Where is the update? Can I have a link please...

Thank you
    If you open up the Win8 store (looks like a little shopping bag icon), at the top right corner there will be a list of available updates, one should be for Pinball FX2.

Default No updates in store

I am in the store and no updates are available...

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If you open up the Win8 store (looks like a little shopping bag icon), at the top right corner there will be a list of available updates, one should be for Pinball FX2.

Default Updates

Is there a way to view what updates have been installed for apps in the windows store

If the update doesn't show up automatically:

Go to the store--> Settings--> App Updates, check for updates.

Default Updates

I have no updates required in my Windows store, or apps. I wish there was a way to remove the update and perhaps reinstall. I am assuming this update was maybe the 3rd or 4th week of Dec?

I am also wondering if there is a way to view updates installed for the store or apps.

1 other thing. In the pinball - any of my 15 games. or when I open pinball to view my games, I receive a "not_localized_yet". What does that mean and can that be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by snarfo View Post
    If the update doesn't show up automatically:

Go to the store--> Settings--> App Updates, check for updates.

Default Problems after Xbox Live login

I have uninstalled the game, deleted the registry keys and then downloaded the game again from the store and installed and still have the same issue, once it loads my xbox live profile the frame rates drop to unusable levels.. I can deactivate my network card and it works fine..

Hi all.

Today is a miracle happen for me, I have no more lagg when I connect my xbox live profile.
    This problem has been solved since I changed my anti virus.
    I've realized since I formatted my PC and I wanted to try PinballFX2 without software installed on windows.
    After every installed software, I tried PinballFX2 up to what the game lagg as before.
    So this is my anti virus that was the problem so I deleted and installed the lastest version to see the difference.
    And, surprise, my problem was solved.
    Before I had ESET Smart Security v4.0 and now lastest version 6.0

To all those who have a lagg with their xbox live profile, start stop, delete, or change your anti virus.

Sorry for my Bad English...i'm French

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Hi all.

Today is a miracle happen for me, I have no more lagg when I connect my xbox live profile.
    This problem has been solved since I changed my anti virus.
    I've realized since I formatted my PC and I wanted to try PinballFX2 without software installed on windows.
    After every installed software, I tried PinballFX2 up to what the game lagg as before.
    So this is my anti virus that was the problem so I deleted and installed the lastest version to see the difference.
    And, surprise, my problem was solved.
    Before I had ESET Smart Security v4.0 and now lastest version 6.0

To all those who have a lagg with their xbox live profile, start stop, delete, or change your anti virus.

Sorry for my Bad English...i'm French
    I'm having the same problem even after updating to ESET v6 on 2 different PCs. One is an i7-3930K with a GTX 680 and the other is an i7-2670QM laptop with a GTX 570M, all video drivers are up to date, as is the game.

Hey everyone! We have an update on the way to fix the lagging/frame rate issues. Please let me know if you still have the same issue after the update goes live.

Lightbulb

Hey everyone! We have an update on the way to fix the lagging/frame rate issues. Please let me know if you still have the same issue after the update goes live.
    Just got the new update this evening. It's somewhat better when signed in to Xbox Live. There are still quite a few stutters through the game though.

Menus are now buttery smooth and I no longer get the "NOT_LOCALISED_YET" message.

I noticed that when coming out of pause there were some frame rate issues for a couple of seconds but not on the previous scale.

Random slowdown happening a few of times a game that could possibly be linked to the playing of sound samples (it seems to happen when the announcer guy is speaking and the "space computer" states something at the same time - but this is anecdotal). Then again it might be something different entirely :-/

*New Info*

Without being signed in to Xbox Live, I tried a different soundcard to see if it was an incompatibility issue but the results were the same - slowdown at various points with no obvious cause. Not sure if it is a help but on Mars, when the space ship first flies onto the screen it will often happen *but not always?!?!*. This makes it more puzzling as it rules out my setup not being fast enough. Sometimes there can be very little going on and the framerate will suddenly dip. My graphics card is an Radeon HD 7750 1gb on the latest drivers; while I know it's not a powerhouse, I have no problems running the latest games usually.

Hope this is of some help.

Somewhat off topic... Are there any firm plans to bring Zen Pinball to Steam? I know quite a few people who would jump on it straight away if so. They don't have Windows 8 and don't plan on upgrading (personally I quite like the Metro interface after just over a week of use).
    Last edited by iCub; 02-09-2013 at 07:37 AM.