Thread: Which tables and why

Default Which tables and why

Hey there pinball people...

If you had to choose only 2 tables among all which ones would they be and why?

I'm a big fan of mars and fear itself. The first one I've got to understand and fear is so damn beautiful.
    When talking about the unknown... Anything is possible.

Blade - I love the lighting effects on this table (night mode feels like a real pinball machine in an arcade) and the day/night cycles add an extra level of strategy to the table.

X-Men - I like the table's balance and the unique mini-wizard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Blade - I love the lighting effects on this table (night mode feels like a real pinball machine in an arcade) and the day/night cycles add an extra level of strategy to the table.

X-Men - I like the table's balance and the unique mini-wizard modes.
    Same here! Blade is just so damn awesome, and X-Men is a lot cooler than most think.

I like Blade. The day/night feature and the vampire hunting is cool.

Second fave would prob be Thor cause I'm a big fan of the character.
    PSN- LeeStone71

1. Infinity Gauntlet: The missions are a lot of fun and very tough to beat consistently.

2. Epic Quest: Great fun.

Excalibur and Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Excalibur and Iron Man.
    Heh... my mind glitched and I was thinking the Marvel Excalibur team when I read that... :-)
    PSN- LeeStone71

fear itself hands down. I think the table has so many things to do. fun and challenging.

MARS Another challenging table and also has interesting missions.

i like challenging tables. hope civil war is a big step up from plants vs zombies

Wow I can't believe I'm saying this but ......

Blade and Infinity Gauntlet

I love those 2 tables now and although I haven't beaten Infinity Gauntlet yet, its still a very well designed table with excellent voice acting and so much to do on it. I love it. Blade has really come a long way for me. I was just playing it on the Vita yesterday. I keep getting to the wizard mode, but not completing it. Yet on the PS3 I always beat the wizard mode and will play it again. LOL Very well designed table with a nice back glass reflection that's mesmerizing.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Fear itself and X-men.
    Those two have a lot of staying power for me. It feels like there is so much to do.
    Wolverine and Fantastic 4 get honorable mentions.

Haven't played Blade yet. But your gr8 input has made it very interesting. Thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Space-Walk View Post
    Haven't played Blade yet. But your gr8 input has made it very interesting. Thnx.
    You'll be impressed when you play it for the first time. The table is full of surprises.

You'll be impressed when you play it for the first time. The table is full of surprises.
    Sounds like fun, I like surprises ) I played the demo a few times and must say the lighting effect between day and night were impressive.
    What are your thoughts of the rest of the pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Blade and Infinity Gauntlet
    I think I would have to go with these two also. Its a really tough call though. I could swap in MARS, X-MEN, Epic Quest, or Fear Itself and still be happy with the choice.

What are your thoughts of the rest of the pack?
    Wolverine is pretty fun once you get a hang of the table.

Iron Man has a simple layout, but it's very challenging and low scoring.

Spider-Man is a very high scoring table. Great for the beginners, but can feel a bit redundant over time.

Infinity Gauntlet is currently my fav, not only I love the table and all the crazy stuff going on there as I also have the original comics and love the characters, so it's a win win for me.

For second place I would pick Blade, a very good design that doesnt get boring. Oh, and i like to buy stuff at the workshop :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    Infinity Gauntlet is currently my fav, not only I love the table and all the crazy stuff going on there as I also have the original comics and love the characters, so it's a win win for me.

For second place I would pick Blade, a very good design that doesnt get boring. Oh, and i like to buy stuff at the workshop :P
    Infinity Gauntlet is truly fantastic with crazy mission.

If I answered this question a few months ago, it would be MOON KNIGHT and FEAR ITSELF ... but now I am heavily into EXCALIBUR and SORCERERS LAIR ... the funny thing is, I never had any interest in either of these tables in the past, then one day they just clicked ... I really think that you need to play tables to the point that you open up a mission before you can say if you like the table or not ... because once you do, you may very well like a table you did not realize you would have liked until you see some of the missions ... for example, I really started to like EXCALIBUR once I realized what I needed to do to siege the castle and I really started to like Sorcerers Lair once I started to have the missions come up .. like moving the ball through the gears in the behind the wall mission ...

At fist glance, some tables may not look all that great to you but as you dig deeper into them and see the mission screens, their movement, and graphic cut scenes and such, you may find you ignored a table you loved but just didn't know it.
    I've been playing video games since the days of Pong and it looks like I'll be playing em till the day I'm gone...

Same here at first three years back I didnt really like Excalibur. Now its one of my favs. I like all 31 tables ps3 but the one I dont play much any more is tesla.

When I first saw Tesla, I said, now this is the table for me ....but I was never really able to get it to do anything spectacular ...my feeling is one day it will click and I'll see the goodies the table has to offer.
    I've been playing video games since the days of Pong and it looks like I'll be playing em till the day I'm gone...

For me I would say Epic Quest and Plants Vs Zombies (I am just counting all the tables Zen have made rather than a specific game as to me its all just one game anyway) Funny thing is I have never even played PVZ but I have seen enough video to know that would be one of my two choices.

Hah Shifty those are the two tables that I own on wiiU. Playing both a ton.

Excalibur - The theme is great, there's lots of fun stuff to do, and overall I really appreciate the effort put in to make it realistic...almost clockwork in its approach. A real blast that I never get tired of.

Fear Itself - I like Thor, the table looks fantastic, tons of missions that are challenging and fun...this one rules.

Hey there pinball people...

If you had to choose only 2 tables among all which ones would they be and why?

I'm a big fan of mars and fear itself. The first one I've got to understand and fear is so damn beautiful.
    Well you picked Fear itself and that's my favorite all time table with Empire Strikes Back from the Star Wars Pinball pack a very close second. Challenging great theme, interesting mechanics and superb Mission variety.

I know you said 2 so do table packs count? The other one would be MARS or Epic Quest. MARS for the Challenge and interesting missions. Epic quest may be repetetive especially shooting the 2 ramps for every fight, It has charm and the leveling system is so unique. You level up like an RPG where you gain loot that gives you more attack bonuses during the fight missions so you can end the mission faster plus as you play each game you level up. the higher you get the more points you can make.

AS I've said about table packs, if you haven't already done so get Star Wars pinball. Empires strikes back is fantastic. Tons of stacked multiball modes. Interesting mission design that is somewhat challenging. The other tables in that pack are great as well.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 04-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.