Thread: Finally got to play a real pinball machine!

Default Finally got to play a real pinball machine!

I hadnt even seen a real one for literally 10-15 years and then just when you least expect it…….

The Ideal Home Exhibition in London last weekend. There was an exhibitor who sold all sorts of home gaming products like air hockey, arcade cabs etc…

Anyhow also on display was a brand new Rolling Stones pinball set to free play.

I must admit I really enjoyed playing a real machine and was actually able to apply some of the skills I had learnt playing FX2.

Much harder though. I thought it would be like FX2 so I told my wife to come back in about 5 hours time by when I thought I would be just about finishing my game. Actually it lasted about 3-4 minutes lol...

Anyhow want to get one now…..

The price? £5300.

So maybe not.

It's been more than a decade since I've even seen a real pinball machine, let alone play one. The one thing I remember (I think), is that the flippers are further apart than the video game ones, and the slingshots and bumpers were a lot more dangerous in terms of speeding up/throwing around the ball.

But it's been so long....the one thing I *do* remember is how good they sound Can't beat the nostalgia feeling of hearing a room full of pinball tables on the go. I'd love to find another good place to play them one day, but until then PFX2 will quench the thirst.

Yes I agree - a real machine sounds great and also a brand new one looks fantastic.

Feels a bit more tactile as well and controlling the ball is more of a challenge.