Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil War thoughts and impressions!

Default Civil War thoughts and impressions!

I really like this table. Nothing like Fear itself. It wont top that but this table requires a good deal of accuracy at least in My initial impressions.

-Love the stamford multiball aspect. Regarless of what score you get you start with you best overall score for that particular Multiball.

-Iron Man or CA?

Choosing you side does do different game modes and I have not done every mode I don't think. Some of it is subtle but the only thing I think is different is shooting those targets by the bumper jets and that center area does different things for Iron Man or CA.

Getting all the super heroes on your side seems simple enough but it isn't. Certain 'phases' you need to hit ramps at least 2 times. Even though it says 'Cakewalk' Some shots are tough.

I did 1 wizard mode with Iron Man and it is an uphill climb when you change alignments. When you do the fight game mode, you have 0 allies and 8 enemies the hurry up is less than 10 seconds to hit the correct ramp/orbit lanes. It can get better if you the balls go through the in-lanes where you can try and shoot the flashing 'Gain Ally' Ramps/orbits.

Kick backs isn't really necessary I don't think. I haven't had trouble with the outlane. To get kickbacks shoot the sinkhole on the left at least 4 times for each out-lane.

It took me a while to get used to the fact that when shooting ramps, it doesn't go into the in-lanes like most tables so have to get used to it.

The right sink-hole isn't as easy as the left one for me. I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes when I shoot it and the Start Multiball light is on, it does nothing.

Overall great Table And definitely a different take on tables and much more challenging than PVZ
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-21-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Very cool table. I got to the wizard mode with Captain America, but didn't get far with changed alignments lol too bad, I bet that was the "very hard" mode for the last trophy (got the first one, btw, not too hard).

I've had plenty of drains from the outlanes, so I'll definitely take advantage of getting the kickbacks.

As for where the ball gets spat out from ramp exits, yeah, took a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad after all, kind of fun! Definitely doesn't help with aimed shots, though lol.

I think it was shortly before I started the wizard mode that the time limit for making the fight shots went drastically up to 30+ seconds, I don't know how I made it do that.

I'd say always make sure you have a mission going before you hit The Punisher's button thingy, it'll complete it for you I think. If you don't have a mission going and you hit it, it just gives you the ballsave.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Very cool table. I got to the wizard mode with Captain America, but didn't get far with changed alignments lol too bad, I bet that was the "very hard" mode for the last trophy (got the first one, btw, not too hard).

I've had plenty of drains from the outlanes, so I'll definitely take advantage of getting the kickbacks.

As for where the ball gets spat out from ramp exits, yeah, took a while to get used to it, but it's not so bad after all, kind of fun! Definitely doesn't help with aimed shots, though lol.

I think it was shortly before I started the wizard mode that the time limit for making the fight shots went drastically up to 30+ seconds, I don't know how I made it do that.

I'd say always make sure you have a mission going before you hit The Punisher's button thingy, it'll complete it for you I think. If you don't have a mission going and you hit it, it just gives you the ballsave.
    Yeah first trophy is fairly easy once you get the correct amount of allies on you side. Winning a whole fight on 'Hard' is actually the more interesting one.

Of course I only played the table a few times I think this table can be very much like Avengers where once you get through the first Wizard mode, the next missions/ wizard modes net you much more points. Gotta head out tonight hope everyone is enjoying this table as much as I am.

Can't wait to see what Zen has in store for us in the next table.

Yeah I can't wait to see what the jackpot values will be when you get to the wizard mode twice.

Yeah I can't wait to see what the jackpot values will be when you get to the wizard mode twice.
    I think it's 4.5m based on the trailer but it could be more or less. Maybe more as you ramp up.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I think it's 4.5m based on the trailer but it could be more or less. Maybe more as you ramp up.
    That would be sweet. So, I don't know how to trigger it, but on the table in the middle there's a little thing that tells you if it's very hard, painful, confident, etc...for the fight mode. I completed a very hard one so that trophy is pretty much easy as well. Also, if it's easy, then you'll obviously have a lot more time.

Default cw

Nice table, only played three games so far. Pretty fast and challeging, have to make your shots accurate to score well. Lots of spots on the table to hit nothing like iron man kinda. Snakeman leading cw with an impressive 116m. Great work again zen, looking forward to the next masterpiece.

That would be sweet. So, I don't know how to trigger it, but on the table in the middle there's a little thing that tells you if it's very hard, painful, confident, etc...for the fight mode. I completed a very hard one so that trophy is pretty much easy as well. Also, if it's easy, then you'll obviously have a lot more time.
    Isn't the fight mode just based off of the number of allies each side has?

You have one ally, your enemy has four, it's "painful." You have six allies, your enemy has one, it's a "sure win." (And yeah, I lost that, heh.) I only think it displays it when you're actually in the fight.

All it does is affect the time you have to complete each of the three stages. Sure Win was about 30 seconds, I've seen as low as 5.

I still don't like the Stamford Multiball aspect. No point in ever having a tournament in this one, because much of the battle would be decided before it even began. If *I* can squeeze out just shy of 10 million on it, I'm sure some of the better players will have over 100 million "auto points" before the weekend's out.

So do you recommend it? Is it top notch or has it stronger competitor among the already existing tables?
    When talking about the unknown... Anything is possible.

Here are my impressions:

- I already got all 5 trophies (ZP2 and MP). That was surprisingly easy after reading the rules sheet.
    - The Stamford Multiball reminds me of Judge Dredd's Super Game mode. It automatically starts you off with a multiball mode.
    - I'm personally not digging the music much. **Shrugs**
    - The table has a nice balance, but the flow can be interrupted very easily with some of the unforgiving shots.
    - I like the table, but it's not anywhere close to my top favorites.

The most difficult trophy is winning a fight on Very Hard Mode. You have to make sure that your enemy has at least two more allies than you. I recommend your enemy have 3 more allies than you. That way the difficulty will be on "Desperate", but it's much easier to complete the fight that way IMO. You just need to make the 3 shots in 10 seconds each. Very Hard mode requires you to hit each of the ramps twice (6 shots total), but you get about 15 seconds for each shot.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-21-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peridot Weapon View Post
    Isn't the fight mode just based off of the number of allies each side has?

You have one ally, your enemy has four, it's "painful." You have six allies, your enemy has one, it's a "sure win." (And yeah, I lost that, heh.) I only think it displays it when you're actually in the fight.

All it does is affect the time you have to complete each of the three stages. Sure Win was about 30 seconds, I've seen as low as 5.

I still don't like the Stamford Multiball aspect. No point in ever having a tournament in this one, because much of the battle would be decided before it even began. If *I* can squeeze out just shy of 10 million on it, I'm sure some of the better players will have over 100 million "auto points" before the weekend's out.
    Yeah that's pretty much it. I got past the wizard mode again, and then when it switches teams, the "enemy" has all their allies, so it's pretty hard to gain your allies back.

Quote Originally Posted by Space-Walk View Post
    So do you recommend it? Is it top notch or has it stronger competitor among the already existing tables?
    Honestly, I'd recommend any table Zen makes It's definitely a game changer, has some cool stuff that's not been seen in any of the tables.

Getting your popularity up is crazy. When I had it pretty big, if I hit a certain combo (using the right lower upper flipper to hit the blue ramp in the middle, then hit it again with that center flipper) it would keep giving me about 14m for about 3 times maybe if you do it in a row. it depends on your popularity or something. Captain America will sort of "swoosh" it, so to speak, and it makes an orbit around the table so you can hit the combo again.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Here are my impressions:

- I already got all 5 trophies (ZP2 and MP). That was surprisingly easy after reading the rules sheet.
    - The Stamford Multiball reminds me of Judge Dredd's Super Game mode. It automatically starts you off with a multiball mode.
    - I'm personally not digging the music much. **Shrugs**
    - The table has a nice balance, but the flow can be interrupted very easily with some of the unforgiving shots.
    - I like the table, but it's not anywhere close to my top favorites.

The most difficult trophy is winning a fight on Very Hard Mode. You have to make sure that your enemy has at least two more allies than you. I recommend your enemy have 3 more allies than you. That way the difficulty will be on "Desperate", but it's much easier to complete the fight that way IMO. You just need to make the 3 shots in 10 seconds each. Very Hard mode requires you to hit each of the ramps twice (6 shots total), but you get about 15 seconds for each shot.
    Man you always get the trophies get. LOL I saw that and I was like, "Dang he did it again!" This table hasn't even been out for 3 hours yet, and he beats the table. Hahaha Ahhh Shogun! Congrats. I'm actually preparing the turkey right now for Thanksgiving, so I couldn't give too much of my time to Civil War today. I watched my father play Playstation Battle Royale while I was prepping. I had to take a break. LOL

Anyway I did get the first trophy for it at least. This table is very..very good!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Man you always get the trophies. LOL I saw that and I was like, "Dang he did it again!" This table hasn't even been out for 3 hours yet, and he beats the table. Hahaha Ahhh Shogun! Congrats.
    Thanks! It's been much longer than 3 hours though. I was able to download the table around 5:30 EST. Although the store wasn't completely updated yet, the table was available to purchase.

"wildtoons" just got 2b on the table 0_o

Thumbs up

this table begs for dead flipper passes reminds me of the zen pinball 1 version of street fighter2 table that's good tho definitely seems like the most unforgiving table in the bunch this one is gonna need practice from me at any rate.

so frank castle is in there, if i had to think of the next marvel table The Punisher sounds too awesome to not do as a marvel table.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    this table begs for dead flipper passes reminds me of the zen pinball 1 version of street fighter2 table that's good tho definitely seems like the most unforgiving table in the bunch this one is gonna need practice from me at any rate.

so frank castle is in there, if i had to think of the next marvel table The Punisher sounds too awesome to not do as a marvel table.
    *cough* Deadpool first *cough*
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Honestly, I'd recommend any table Zen makes It's definitely a game changer, has some cool stuff that's not been seen in any of the tables.
    Thnx a bunch friend. I would most likely get this table anyway, but it's always nice to read others thought... gives you a picture och what to expect and look --> to.
    Must be nice to almost finished the game the very first day like you did. But does the table get boring then or does it still provide challenges? Do you wanna go and finish it again or perhaps top your score, or do you instead look forward to the future tables and almost leave the corrent one?

I only got to play about 30 minutes last night. The table seems ok. Getting used to the ball coming back down over the bumpers was a struggle. Not sure I am too keen on that design choice. I really need to play the table more to get a better feel for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
    I only got to play about 30 minutes last night. The table seems ok. Getting used to the ball coming back down over the bumpers was a struggle. Not sure I am too keen on that design choice. I really need to play the table more to get a better feel for it though.
    Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, but the first time I play a table I know I going to love it or not. It's a gathering av design, gfx and ofcourse the musical theme. I knew I was going to play Fear Itself, Blade, Mars and Infinity Gauntlet but I havn't touched Hulk or Spider Man.
    What was your feeling of the table, I mean your very first impressions, musically and visually?

Maybe I'm the one who's wrong, but the first time I play a table I know I going to love it or not. It's a gathering av design, gfx and ofcourse the musical theme. I knew I was going to play Fear Itself, Blade, Mars and Infinity Gauntlet but I havn't touched Hulk or Spider Man.
    What was your feeling of the table, I mean your very first impressions, musically and visually?
    Musically, I love it. Very refreshing tune in my opinion. Visually, not my favorite looking table. I like it better than Avengers, which is the ugliest table in my opinion, but it just doesn't strike me as a visually impressive table like Sorcerer's Lair or Thor.

Thnx a bunch friend. I would most likely get this table anyway, but it's always nice to read others thought... gives you a picture och what to expect and look --> to.
    Must be nice to almost finished the game the very first day like you did. But does the table get boring then or does it still provide challenges? Do you wanna go and finish it again or perhaps top your score, or do you instead look forward to the future tables and almost leave the corrent one?
    After beating the "wizard mode", the difficulty spikes up, because you switch sides, meaning the other hero has all the allies now (you collected them all to start the wizard mode). So, now you have to try and neutralize them and bring them to your side, which is quite hard (the more allies your enemy has, the harder it is to win a "fight", meaning you have the least amount of time to hit a certain shot during the 3 phase fight when your enemy has all his allies). Technically I only got half way through the table, because if you can get to the wizard mode twice, there will apparently be some big scores waiting for you

I've found a reliable way to make all the potential allies become pro-registration; play as Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by clydebink View Post
    I've found a reliable way to make all the potential allies become pro-registration; play as Captain America.
    If you're playing as Captain America, you are trying to get all the allies against registration. If you aren't hitting the ramps when they are flashing Gain Ally, and you aren't winning fights, then they will become pro-registration (Iron Man's side).

I'm sitting here at work thinking about the table so I guess that says something about the quality of work. I do like the challenge that the table offers.

Must be nice to almost finished the game the very first day like you did. But does the table get boring then or does it still provide challenges?
    It's really hard to say that you "finished" or "defeated" a pinball table. Pinball is mostly about scoring IMO, so it doesn't really get old thanks to the leader boards.

If you're playing as Captain America, you are trying to get all the allies against registration. If you aren't hitting the ramps when they are flashing Gain Ally, and you aren't winning fights, then they will become pro-registration (Iron Man's side).
    I like to play as a double-agent. A "saboteur", if you will

It's a funky table, no doubt about it. Lots of stuff I haven't seen before. Very fast paced and unforgiving at times, like when the ball flies back at the flippers at full speed before I can react to it.

Overall, quite enjoying it so far.
    PSN - TysonBane

It reminds me a little bit of Rome, in that it always seems to have one more way to hurl the ball at the drain. My guess is that the more casual players are not going be huge fans of this one, somehow. lol

It also reminds a little of Infinity Gauntlet, in that it strikes a chord of emotional resonance. I feel like I should pick Captain America each time because he's right. Kudos to Zen for evoking that kind of reaction with a pinball table.

I like it so far. But... it will take a while to get used to the table.
    Nice addition.
    PSN- LeeStone71

Default Meh

This is honestly my least favorite table next to Iron Man. It feels like a left over from the Avengers Chronicles and really was not very exciting. It just lacks in some areas.

The ball speed also seems to be tweaked to over drive in terms of the speed which is ok but also dampers the fun imo. Not that I am looking for an easy table but when the ball continues to choke in the same spot and you have to fight to nudge the table without a full tilt to prevent it that becomes too cumbersome IMO and takes the fun factor away.

I am all about a challenge but at least make it fun and not so predictable. If the table itself was more fun I don't think I would mind this as much.
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It's really hard to say that you "finished" or "defeated" a pinball table. Pinball is mostly about scoring IMO, so it doesn't really get old thanks to the leader boards.
    Sorry for not being clear. By finished I meant playing all the missions and having all multiballs, extraballs and etc. Ofcourse you can not finish a pinball game, it's just a collection of scores but if the given missions are all done and every challenge provided in the game too then the game starts over till you drop it.

Sorry for not being clear. By finished I meant playing all the missions and having all multiballs, extraballs and etc. Ofcourse you can not finish a pinball game, it's just a collection of scores but if the given missions are all done and every challenge provided in the game too then the game starts over till you drop it.
    Depends on the table for me. Some I can play again and again (like Blade). It's like watching your favorite movie for the umpteenth time and you still enjoy it. While others can feel dull and redundant (Plants vs Zombies for me).

It goes both ways. I've started games without doing the Stamford mutliball and played both sides.

Here are some things I found on the table and still haven't read the rule sheet. I like trying to dig deep into tables for the first time without reading table guides unless absolutely necessary.

- I feel that Iron Man is much easier to get all the allies than CA. Especially shooting at that whirlpool looking thing at the middle 3-4 times. (It's blocked by drop targets playing as CA) Once you hit it says 'Taskmaster captured' and then some hero joins Iron Man's side.

-I wish there was a better way to tell if the Gain Ally lane is flashing. Sometimes, with the ball speed the way it is, I can't tell that there is one flashing. If you're not looking at the DMD it would go unnoticed at times. in those cases if you don't do it in time, hero goes to the other side.

-I find that Getting into the in-lanes lights up Gain Ally in the opposite orbits for a quick 'hurry-up'. I think it lasts 3-5 seconds. That is if you get the ball in the in-lanes. Even so it seems that is not always the case. When the 'Fight' lane is lit, that doesn't happen so you must fight in order to gain or in some cases, lose an ally.

-Shooting the right Sinkhole certain amount of times lights up your multipliers and if your popularity is high, you can get some really high end-ball bonuses. I think my last session I had an end bonus of 75m or more.

-There is a point on the DMD where it says '29 more times for Gain Ally' etc. Doing so I think lights the Gain Ally lights for a certain amount of time. I think it revolves around doing combo shots.

-I'm still not sure what makes your flipper freeze and the CPU takes over and shoots combos. but that also has a hero join you side I think.

-Also I find shooting the right sinkhole followed by shooting that area again when that weird symbol is flashing can net me allies as well but it's a risky shot. Most of the time I lose the ball down the middle. I think if you master that shot, You can gain allies very quickly.

-As Snake mentioned earlier there is a shot from the upper right flipper that has CA deflect the shot and nets you a pretty high jackpot bonus of a sort. I had one at 17m. Not sure how to get it up that high but I forgot what that flashing lane was called.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-21-2012 at 08:14 PM.

im undecided on this table its maybe more for the experts, looks good but i really struggle keeping the ball in play, il keep at it and hopefully figure it out.

It goes both ways. I've started games without doing the Stamford mutliball and played both sides.

Here are some things I found on the table and still haven't read the rule sheet. I like trying to dig deep into tables for the first time without reading table guides unless absolutely necessary.

- I feel that Iron Man is much easier to get all the allies than CA. Especially shooting at that whirlpool looking thing at the middle 3-4 times. (It's blocked by drop targets playing as CA) Once you hit it says 'Taskmaster captured' and then some hero joins Iron Man's side.

I actually feel that CA is easier, but that's just me, and based on only a couple goes at it. Also, it's not just the Taskmaster that is captured or found or whatever, it's other people sometimes. On the DMD it says how many spins left, so when you shoot the ball up there, you gotta get those spins. I also don't recall gaining an ally every time I did this.

-I wish there was a better way to tell if the Gain Ally lane is flashing. Sometimes, with the ball speed the way it is, I can't tell that there is one flashing. If you're not looking at the DMD it would go unnoticed at times. in those cases if you don't do it in time, hero goes to the other side.

Yeah, we need to find out how to really trigger the Gain Ally lights. Maybe it says something about it in the guide, but I only glanced it last night, seems like a big guide!

-I find that Getting into the in-lanes lights up Gain Ally in the opposite orbits for a quick 'hurry-up'. I think it lasts 3-5 seconds. That is if you get the ball in the in-lanes. Even so it seems that is not always the case. When the 'Fight' lane is lit, that doesn't happen so you must fight in order to gain or in some cases, lose an ally.

-Shooting the right Sinkhole certain amount of times lights up your multipliers and if your popularity is high, you can get some really high end-ball bonuses. I think my last session I had an end bonus of 75m or more.

I think you have to hit that sinkhole+get a combination of the middle blue ramp to start spelling out either FREEDOM or something else (Iron Man's side) to get the advance multiplier lit, I don't know though. I didn't think it was easy as just hitting the sinkhole a few times, but I could be wrong. Speaking of sinkholes, you gotta hit the left one I think about 4 times to light up a kickback (I know, that's a pretty obvious one by know, probably lol)

-There is a point on the DMD where it says '29 more times for Gain Ally' etc. Doing so I think lights the Gain Ally lights for a certain amount of time. I think it revolves around doing combo shots.

-I'm still not sure what makes your flipper freeze and the CPU takes over and shoots combos. but that also has a hero join you side I think.

You have to keep hitting ramps/orbits in succession. On the DMD you'll see it say "5 more shots" or something like that.Keep getting combos in a row then someone will take over and make another 4-shot combo for you automatically.

-Also I find shooting the right sinkhole followed by shooting that area again when that weird symbol is flashing can net me allies as well but it's a risky shot. Most of the time I lose the ball down the middle. I think if you master that shot, You can gain allies very quickly.

-As Snake mentioned earlier there is a shot from the upper right flipper that has CA deflect the shot and nets you a pretty high jackpot bonus of a sort. I had one at 17m. Not sure how to get it up that high but I forgot what that flashing lane was called.

alsdjfl;kasdj

A super combo (4 ramp/orbit shots in a row) creates that effect.

I think you have to hit that sinkhole+get a combination of the middle blue ramp to start spelling out either FREEDOM or something else (Iron Man's side) to get the advance multiplier lit, I don't know though. I didn't think it was easy as just hitting the sinkhole a few times, but I could be wrong. Speaking of sinkholes, you gotta hit the left one I think about 4 times to light up a kickback (I know, that's a pretty obvious one by know, probably lol)
    Oh yeah As far as multipliers I think lighting freedom or Future does indeed light the multipliers. I was trying to figure out what this one phrase by the right sinkhole said. I tough it said 'start multiball' or something but it actually says start multipliers. At least I'm hoping it does or am I blind.

Oh yeah As far as multipliers I think lighting freedom or Future does indeed light the multipliers. I was trying to figure out what this one phrase by the right sinkhole said. I tough it said 'start multiball' or something but it actually says start multipliers. At least I'm hoping it does or am I blind.
    I know you probably already know this, but holding down the square button will give you a free view where you tilt the controller to look at the entire table. It's pretty cool I did that to see what that right sinkhole said after seeing one of your posts yesterday I think lol

Hey guys! Thanks for all the awesome feedback! For those of you who like the music, you can download it from our blog for FREE!!

Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey guys! Thanks for all the awesome feedback! For those of you who like the music, you can download it from our blog for FREE!!

Enjoy!!
    Downloaded! Thanks for the heads up, Barbie!

I'm guessing that the table was designed by the same person who also designed the Spider-man table - there's a few similarities between the two tables on the score display.

First impressions: Arg! I don't know what to do! Captain America has already assembled eight heroes against me! Why!???!?

Second impressions (now that I know what to do): Wow, this is a pretty deep table. Even though it's got Iron Man and Captain America in it again, the table plays completely different to all the others.

I like the two-ball multiball at the very start, although I'm confused as to why Zen thought to keep your high score on that mode and award it at the start of each game. I think you guys shot yourselves in the foot there.

Going into the main game itself, You have to try and gather all the heroes that I've never heard of before (save for Spider-man and the Human Torch) and stop your enemy from doing the same. This already gives a table a fast-paced feel because if you loiter around too much, your opponent will have recruited most of the neutrals. This of course will offer a different test to some of the tables where you grind a high score out, here, you've got to be quick to succeed or the odds are stacked against you. I like the fights, although it is not always easy to figure out where you are supposed to hit the ball and that takes the shine off it somewhat.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a Marmite table - it will only appeal to the more advanced pinball players as those new to pinball won't understand what the heck they are supposed to be doing.

PS: I'll never side with Captain America, and no wizard mode will force me! No way!
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Really enjoying the challenge of this table. You really do need accurate shots especially when you are begin in allies. Finally managed to get the second trophy and was about 2 allies shy of getting to a second frenzy/wizard mode.

Like the idea of timing the ramp shots in combination with the flippers on the ramps. If you manage to make the very top right flipper shot with the DMD says 2 more for extra ball. Timing is the key have not got the extra ball quite yet I was 1 shy.

Like others have said I think this will appeal more to players that like challenging tables. It's one heck of a step up from PVZ and I don't even intend to play PVZ for quite some time. Fear Itself, Excalibur, Iron Man, are some of those tables that I play constantly. (well not lately since I've been playing Civil War and the PSnation league tournament.)

I like the fact that they released an easy table and then released a much more challenging table in the past 2 months.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-22-2012 at 12:35 AM.

To advance the multipliers, you do in fact just have to hit the right sinkhole a few times. I finally got the extra ball from that I think I was one shot shy of getting the upper right hand flipper shot extra ball also, and I was getting real close to that second wizard mode as well lol I don't know how I got my highest score last night, seeing as I didn't advance the multipliers by any from what I remember.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by clydebink View Post
    Lol, that works really well for me too!

i played the demo and boy this table is different
    question, do you keep allies and enemies through balls? and if they do they stay in the same allegiance even if you change side between balls?

Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    i played the demo and boy this table is different
    question, do you keep allies and enemies through balls? and if they do they stay in the same allegiance even if you change side between balls?
    You can't change sides between balls, once you choose your side in the beginning that's it until you gain all allies and start the wizard mode. After the wizard mode, it changes sides automatically, and since you gained all allies before, now they are all on the other side and you have to gain them all back.

You can't change sides between balls, once you choose your side in the beginning that's it until you gain all allies and start the wizard mode. After the wizard mode, it changes sides automatically, and since you gained all allies before, now they are all on the other side and you have to gain them all back.
    Man I was wondering what the heck happened after I annihilated Iron Man with all of my allies, then I seen that I switched to the other side with no allies. I got lucky in the first 2 fights and it looked like I almost completed the Iron Man side, but the ball came zooming down the left lane SDTM! I did it once...I can do it again!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNY--BRAVO View Post
    im undecided on this table its maybe more for the experts, looks good but i really struggle keeping the ball in play, il keep at it and hopefully figure it out.
    Yeah, I find it hard to keep the ball in play as well, especially multiball: I can only get a couple of million before losing one, tops. (so far). I have no idea how people are in the billions already.

Frankly, I don't even know what is going on yet half of the time. What I do know is the "combo" you have to do, and during fights, you need to hit lit lanes. Sometimes it looks like there is no lane lit, but in fact, it is the orbit. They aren't as noticeable.

What is the purpose of the "fights" ? After I switched sides, it is 8 against none, and fights are pretty much impossible.

Where is the "gain ally" ramp/orbit?

What is the goal and how do you accomplish it? I have never had any luck reading zens rulesheets. They are either too vague, long winded, or translated wrong. I had a quick look, but the reason I started playing Pinball in the first place was because 'gaming' has become so complex now, I wanted something simple (ie, put game in, and press start, like old nintendo games!), now even with pinball you have to read 20 pages of notes to try and figure out a table LOL !!

I will keep an eye on this thread to figure out what to do. I did get a wizard mode I think last night (1.5M per shot?), but no idea how I did it...
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

I'm not keen on the rails flinging the ball between the flippers, makes it very easy to drain unless you just shoot for safety. THis seems like another "semicircle of ramps" board. I spent most of the demo hitting walls or doing feck all. And of course the demo is too short to get any bearing on the table itself. I did enjoy the mini-multiball at the start though.

Another £2.40 board that's just a rampshoot to complete the rulesheet. If Zen wants to prove me wrong, they can extend the demo time so I can actually play more than 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Pyrii; 11-22-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I think if you hold the flippers UP after hitting a ramp, the ball will eject and do a little "jump" and give you more control. WARNING: If you do this when the 'shooter' on the right shoots the ball onto your flippers, it will bounce off your flipper into the right OUTlane.

That right outlane is very unforgiving. I've lost count the number of times I've lost a ball down there.

Was very close to Wizard Mode. It takes much longer for me to "complete" a table than you guys.
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea how people are in the billions already.

Apparently there is a "trick" to getting highscores without much risk, as Cloda mentioned I think in the PBFX2 forum. I'm curious about that...

Frankly, I don't even know what is going on yet half of the time. What I do know is the "combo" you have to do, and during fights, you need to hit lit lanes. Sometimes it looks like there is no lane lit, but in fact, it is the orbit. They aren't as noticeable.

What is the purpose of the "fights" ? After I switched sides, it is 8 against none, and fights are pretty much impossible.

Fights are what bring allies to your side. If you win, you'll get an ally, but I think if you already switched sides (beat the wizard mode) it will only "disable" or neutralize an ally

Where is the "gain ally" ramp/orbit?

What is the goal and how do you accomplish it? I have never had any luck reading zens rulesheets. They are either too vague, long winded, or translated wrong. I had a quick look, but the reason I started playing Pinball in the first place was because 'gaming' has become so complex now, I wanted something simple (ie, put game in, and press start, like old nintendo games!), now even with pinball you have to read 20 pages of notes to try and figure out a table LOL !!

I still don't know how to trigger this, but if you look on the table, most ramps I believe have a Gain Ally light (although it seems that only the left orbit and the right red ramp light up for me). When it's flashing is when you want to shoot it, you'll gain an ally (on the DMD you'll see a timer, you'll want to shoot the flashing Gain Ally ramp before it stops, otherwise your enemy will gain an ally, not always though, so again, more stuff that we don't know). I find that they light more obviously at the start of the game, then hardly light at all after the wizard mode, because everything is harder after that.

I will keep an eye on this thread to figure out what to do. I did get a wizard mode I think last night (1.5M per shot?), but no idea how I did it...

You got all 8 allies on your side then hit the ball into the fight ramp (not really a ramp, though lol) You probably just hit a bunch of super combos and won a few fights without knowing it
    as;ldjfl;ks

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I think if you hold the flippers UP after hitting a ramp, the ball will eject and do a little "jump" and give you more control.
    Yeah! I notice this myself. If you lift up the flipper to catch the ball, it will just over to the other flipper. If you don't lift up the flipper, the ball will just drop off. The latter of which makes it much easier to get a ball drain. Lifting up both flippers is the best option IMO, especially for the beginners.

If you can master this, you can probably create some wicked strategies here.

Although my all time scores doesn't reflect it, you can score big points on this table.

I have no idea how people are in the billions already.

People are an in the billions because they must have figured out a way to get to the second Wizard mode. I think the Jackpots in each wizard mode ramps up. In the trailer I saw scores if 4.5m per shot. It could be more based on how things ramp up. I have yet to get to a second Wizard Mode. I always miss it by 1 or two allies. SOON very SOON!

Yeah the rule sheets is really vague. Nothing like what FarSight has done in Pinball arcade. Talk about reading pages. I like the detail of PBA rule sheet. It covers everything. I do though like to figure out tables myself. Most of the time there is more to the tables than the rule sheet provides. Still though they did add some point of reference and icons on where to shoot etc. It's a step up but nothing like what FarSight did.

Here's more things I found out.

-Gain Ally lights are indeed confusing. All I know is when the ball goes through the in-lanes you have a 5 second window to hit the opposite orbit. and when the fight lane light is on, you have to have both in-lane registration lights on

-The ramp Gain ally lights are confusing as well. Sometimes when I hit the safe house targets by the bumpers the right ramp Gain Ally Lights is on. Not sure the how it's is so though.

- Once wizard mode is done when playing Captain America, shooting those Safe House targets multiple times finds the hideout opening up a sinkhole. shooting that sinkhole provides you with a 3 ball multiball when you have a certain amount of time to hit one of the balls into the whirlpool lane. (Center Lane with the only bright blue circle/Whirlpool). It resets the timer when you get a ball into that lane/sinkhole. Playing as Iron man, after Captain America Wizard mode, you can use this mode to disable up to 3 Enemies. If getting this mode and the heroes are neutral, The become your ally. It's a quick way to gain up to 3 allies thus I i find Iron Man easier to get to Wizard mode

I'm sure there is something similar with CA but I have not figured that out. It keep saying to shoot the Rafts which is probably the whirlpool area that is blocked by drop-down targets.

- Once past the first wizard mode, it ramps up in difficulty. The heroes go for the opposite side much more quickly when neutral. Thus the Iron Man mode above can help.

- Shooting a 4 combo start the auto combo feature. If you combo more you can gain allies much quicker. It ramps after that though So once the 4 combo is done you need 5 combo shots, then 6 etc.

-Shooting a double combo light the Flash lanes. This is where you can rack up points as IM. shoot the left ramp and CA deflects the ball and scores a certain amount of points. I think it's based on popularity. If you can loop those shots you could score some big points.

-Finding which lane to actually shoot in Fight mode needs a bit a tweaking IMO. Especially the orbit area. There is a flashing light but it's almost hard to see and seems camouflaged by the abundant red. The left ramp that's lit you need to hit 2 shots one up the lane then the flipper shot on the ramp itself. It's not easy and I'm wondering why that lane is lit when your in easy or very easy mode. Same with that whirlpool lane.

-Spelling WAR as Iron Man in the DMD display while shooting the Right Sinkhole nets you activate multipliers. Wish it was more noticeable though. As I can't tell how many I need to light the multipliers. It's a risky enough shot to actually look at the DMD display. Playing as CA you have to Spell REBEL. Why not make it shorter? something like HERO as it's 2 letter more than what Iron Man need while playing that side.

-shooting the left/right sinkhole areas while the Flash light is lit nets you 2-3 combo points, although sometimes when the left one is lit, it just goes straight to the sinkhole. It's a risky shot but worth it especially when you need 6-8 combo points to light up or disable a hero.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Can someone explain "registration" ?? Register, don't register... ???

Can someone explain "registration" ?? Register, don't register... ???
    Read the Civil War comic arc from Marvel, it explains everything that's happening in the table.

The short version is: A bunch of heroes and villains get into a fight in Stamford, Connecticut, and accidentally blow up a lot of innocent civilians. The public outcry is such that the government institutes a plan to register, track and train all super-powered individuals (and non-powered costumed vigilantes, like Punisher). Iron Man leads the pro-registration side, convincing Spider-Man to unmask on live TV. Captain America is against the Registration law and sets up an underground resistance to try to fight it.

Here's a longer version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(comics)

You can read issue 1 for free at http://marvel.com/digital_comics/iss...vil_war_2006_1
    You can pick up the trade paperback http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Mark...f=cm_lmf_tit_2
    You can also buy it for iPad, Kindle Fire, etc.

I re-read the main arc when they announced this table was coming out. Good stuff!

I'm terrible at ZP2 in general, and this table in particular seems really hard, but I'm still enjoying it! I find the Captain America side harder - one accidental shot to the raft and I'm guaranteed to lose another hero to Iron Man. There's no way I can hit the raft shot again fast enough to stop it.

Still, I love Marvel Comics and Zen Pinball so I'm going to keep playing no matter how bad I am at it!

Really like the Civil War table.The Stamford Multiball opening is cool and a very smart idea to keep it optional.The layout itself is at first glance simplistic and ramp heavy but it works in the tables favour because, especially at first, there is a lot going on to discover and keep track of.
    Table is very dynamic, challenging, has a general sense of urgency and several innovative ideas.The team aspect is interesting and fresh.Genuinely digging this table, think it will prove to be one of my most favourite Marvel tables.Well done Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by jsd View Post
    I'm terrible at ZP2 in general, and this table in particular seems really hard, but I'm still enjoying it! I find the Captain America side harder - one accidental shot to the raft and I'm guaranteed to lose another hero to Iron Man. There's no way I can hit the raft shot again fast enough to stop it.

Still, I love Marvel Comics and Zen Pinball so I'm going to keep playing no matter how bad I am at it!

Are you talking about the drop targets in the middle? You have 15 seconds to hit one of the sinkholes to keep the target down or you can try and shoot it again before the timer is out. Best way to take advantage of that is to get rid of enemies on Iron Man's side.

Love the subtlety of each side modes in deactivating heroes. I find both just as difficult to accomplish.

- As CA Once you hit a drop target I suggest you hit the necessary Sinkhole. It should show a flashing 'Flash' light. Do it twice and it will keep those targets down. When you clear the targets in front of the whirlpool, you have 15 seconds to shoot the whirlpool again and it turns into single ball mode. need to shoot the Fight Lane, followed by a left orbit shot then try and get the ball into the sinkhole where the safe house targets are. Each lane shot will either give you and ally or make an enemy neutral. up to 3 heroes can become neutral or allies depending on how many shots you make up to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    Really like the Civil War table.The Stamford Multiball opening is cool and a very smart idea to keep it optional.The layout itself is at first glance simplistic and ramp heavy but it works in the tables favour because, especially at first, there is a lot going on to discover and keep track of.
    Table is very dynamic, challenging, has a general sense of urgency and several innovative ideas.The team aspect is interesting and fresh.Genuinely digging this table, think it will prove to be one of my most favourite Marvel tables.Well done Zen!
    Practice, practice, practice my friend. For the first few attempts at a table you'll probably just be slapping the balls around, which is fine. After you play a table a few times though I would suggest checking out the table guide/rule sheet from the in-game menu. You'll get the hang of it

As far as impressions go, I would say that Civil War slightly more difficult that other tables. The trick to the table, in my opinion, is to keep the ball moving and going for combos instead of holding it for aimed shots. Since the ball drop to the flippers from the ramps is a bit unorthodox I decided to stop trying to let the ball settle and just slap it as soon as it dropped. I was able to plow through the table after that.

I didn't like the table much initially, but after spending a couple of hours with it and discovering it's uniqueness and intricacies I'm starting to appreciate it much more now. It's another solid addition to the collection that, once again, takes some bold steps forward to stand out from the crowd. Good job Zen!
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

I'm going to receive lots of critics for my statement here but lets go anyway. I played the table, both visually and audibly flawless. However the theme feels waaay to repetitive since I've got both Iron man and Captain AA in at least 3 other tables.

A whole new concept and ideas should be considered seriously. I know that I for one will not play another table featuring any of these guys. To me it was lots of beautiful graphics and amazing music to waste. since nothing new is presented here in its core. Just the same old heroes fighting bad guys and now each other.

Time to kick Captain AA out and put Iron dude to its final rest.

I'm going to receive lots of critics for my statement here but lets go anyway. I played the table, both visually and audibly flawless. However the theme feels waaay to repetitive since I've got both Iron man and Captain AA in at least 3 other tables.

A whole new concept and ideas should be considered seriously. I know that I for one will not play another table featuring any of these guys. To me it was lots of beautiful graphics and amazing music to waste. since nothing new is presented here in its core. Just the same old heroes fighting bad guys and now each other.

For me it's not the theme at all. I like the graphics, sound, and music. It's top Notch IMO. As for the theme? I don't really look at tit that way. I look at it terms of how it plays rather than the actual theme. Even if it wasn't marvel Based, the table is unique enough. The tables plays way differently than most as you don't have missions like most tables. It's about getting all heroes as your ally regardless of who you play. The intricacies is in how CA and IM disable the heroes to neutral is what makes this table so much more interesting than most.

This has become one of my favs only because of the difficulty. The accuracy you need is evident as most shots are risky as heck. Ball Control is essential at all times. The idea of getting all the allies to your side is simple enough. Getting out of the hole when you down all 8 heroes and getting them to your side is where this table is so unique to me.

Great Job Zen!

For me it's not the theme at all. I like the graphics, sound, and music. It's top Notch IMO. As for the theme? I don't really look at tit that way. I look at it terms of how it plays rather than the actual theme. Even if it wasn't marvel Based, the table is unique enough. The tables plays way differently than most as you don't have missions like most tables. It's about getting all heroes as your ally regardless of who you play. The intricacies is in how CA and IM disable the heroes to neutral is what makes this table so much more interesting than most.

This has become one of my favs only because of the difficulty. The accuracy you need is evident as most shots are risky as heck. Ball Control is essential at all times. The idea of getting all the allies to your side is simple enough. Getting out of the hole when you down all 8 heroes and getting them to your side is where this table is so unique to me.

Great Job Zen!
    HUGE +1, couldn't agree more, and....that other thing LMAO

It's definitely one of the harder tables in terms of keeping the ball alive. I try to avoid the Safe House target if I can help it as the ball has a habit or rebounding towards the right outlane from there, which is difficult if you're playing as Captain America as that is one of the main ways of getting an ally. Thankfully I don't play as Cap.

Great Job Zen!
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinion. It's good to read different thoughts and new perspectives.
    While I'm truly happy for you that you found your new fav, still I hope for a whole new theme with fresh ideas for my own sake.

Keep it rolling.

Iron Man and Capt America have outstayed their welcome on way too many tables. Imagine all the characters that could have been used throughout this license and yet these two chumps turn up on over half the tables.

For some reasons the ball keeps going down in the right outlane. I hate it. Don't get me wrong, I still made it up to the first wizard multiball, so it isn't because I am that bad. Regarding the table generally speaking it is an interesting idea, but i usually despise all ramps tables.

Anyway, I thing Zen and all videogame industry is getting a bit too greedy. It started a 2€/table, it went to 2.50€ and now 3€? $3.89 at the current rate and a 50% raise. Next what? 4€ per table? There are games in the PS Store that sell at 69,99€!! Do they really want us to start playing games on the PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    For some reasons the ball keeps going down in the right outlane. I hate it.
    Nudge the table up so the post between the in & out lanes hits the ball out of that area altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Iron Man and Capt America have outstayed their welcome on way too many tables. Imagine all the characters that could have been used throughout this license and yet these two chumps turn up on over half the tables.
    I agree that Cap and Iron man have been a bit overused. However, I know that Marvel specifically asked Zen to do the Civil War table and I think they requested the Avengers table based on the movie as well. So I do cut Zen a little slack there.

That being said, there are so many awesome characters (Deadpool, Daredevil, Punisher, Namor, Apocalypse, etc.) that haven't been featured that it's difficult to get too excited for the same characters again. It's still a solid table though with some interesting new gameplay mechanics.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Nudge the table up so the post between the in & out lanes hits the ball out of that area altogether...
    I may have to start learning about doing that, then. It is the same with Shaman. Always straight to the right outlane. One after another. I am just afraid of doing worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    I agree that Cap and Iron man have been a bit overused. However, I know that Marvel specifically asked Zen to do the Civil War table and I think they requested the Avengers table based on the movie as well. So I do cut Zen a little slack there.

That being said, there are so many awesome characters (Deadpool, Daredevil, Punisher, Namor, Apocalypse, etc.) that haven't been featured that it's difficult to get too excited for the same characters again. It's still a solid table though with some interesting new gameplay mechanics.
    Had no idea that Marvel specifically asked for CW. However along side Marvels demands work still can go on, on a whole different table with new design and themes that are unique.

My first impression of the table was that I didn't like it very much, but its growing on me as I play it more.

I think the table rules are a little needlessly overcomplicated though. The complexity and unforgiving nature of this table is probably going to make it very unpopular with the casual players. That fact that its taking very experienced players quite a while to figure out how all of the modes work says a lot.

Its definitely a unique and interesting table though, I can't seem to stop playing it..

Had no idea that Marvel specifically asked for CW. However along side Marvels demands work still can go on, on a whole different table with new design and themes that are unique.
    Yep. Chris Baker (Manager, Licensed Games, Marvel Studios) said it on the PS Blog:

When Zen and Marvel decide what tables to do, it’s a truly collaborative process. Sometimes they’re Zen’s idea initially, sometimes they’re ours – it’s Avengers-level teamwork, I tell ya! The idea to do a Civil War table came from us, and with it a mandate: If you choose to do Civil War, you have to let the player decide if he’s with Iron Man and Pro-Registration or with Captain America in opposition to the Superhuman Registration Act.
    Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...all-civil-war/

its encouraging to see such a helpful community in a forum, i hope youtube will eventually get footage that will help me master this table, i keep checking but nothing yet.

I'm still very much of mixed opinions on this table. I think the Stanford Multiball is a very cool idea, though I agree with an earlier post that I think the score should be on a per-game basis, rather than an all-time-best kind of style. I like that this table caters to very skilled players as you need to make very precise and well timed shots. Though I seem to get stuck trying to gain allies, especially after the first wizard mode. Unless I'm just not understanding something, it seems next to impossible and you can really dig yourself into a hole. And I would also like some of the shots during the fights to be made clearer. I think someone mentioned this, but it can be very difficult to determine exactly where you need to shoot the ball, especially if you need to do it quickly because you're fighting a lot of enemies.

I know there are a few hardcore pinball junkies, so I'll ask this. Did anyone every play the Cybergirl table for Epic Pinball back in the day? I don't know why, but this table reminds me a lot of that table. Not saying that in a bad way, but it brought back a lot of good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
    I know there are a few hardcore pinball junkies, so I'll ask this. Did anyone every play the Cybergirl table for Epic Pinball back in the day? I don't know why, but this table reminds me a lot of that table. Not saying that in a bad way, but it brought back a lot of good memories.
    I say the table reminds me of the Judge Dredd pinball machine, especially when it comes to the Stanford Multiball. Judge Dredd has a second game mode called "Super Game" (30 second mark). In this mode, you start off with a two ball multiball mission at the beginning of each ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 75hDeadMan View Post
    Though I seem to get stuck trying to gain allies, especially after the first wizard mode. Unless I'm just not understanding something, it seems next to impossible and you can really dig yourself into a hole. And I would also like some of the shots during the fights to be made clearer. I think someone mentioned this, but it can be very difficult to determine exactly where you need to shoot the ball, especially if you need to do it quickly because you're fighting a lot of enemies.
    Getting allies is indeed tough after the first wizard mode for either hero. the key is those Safe House targets. Hitting them as CA lights either the right ramp or left orbit Gain Ally lights. shoot the lane that's lit in the amount of time granted (Usaully 15 seconds I think) They then disable a hero. You have to shoot safe or house targets in succession to disable a hero as IM. I think the DMD says shoot Safe or house

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Once wizard mode is done when playing Captain America, shooting those Safe House targets multiple times finds the hideout opening up a sinkhole. doing so will disable a hero. shooting that sinkhole provides you with a 3 ball multiball when you have a certain amount of time to hit one of the balls into the whirlpool lane. (Center Lane with the only bright blue circle/Whirlpool). It resets the timer when you get a ball into that lane/sinkhole. You can use this mode to disable up to 3 Enemies. If getting this mode and the heroes are neutral, The become your ally. It's a quick way to gain up to 3 allies thus I i find Iron Man easier to get to Wizard mode

-As CA Once you hit a drop target I suggest you hit the necessary Sinkhole area. It should show a flashing 'Flash' light. Do it twice and it will keep those targets down. When you clear the targets in front of the whirlpool, you have 15 seconds to shoot the whirlpool again and it turns into single ball mode. You need to shoot the Fight Lane, followed by a left orbit shot then try and get the ball into the sinkhole where the safe house targets are. Each lane shot will either give you and ally or make an enemy neutral. up to 3 heroes can become neutral or allies depending on how many shots you make up to 3.

Even with this info I still haven't managed to get to a second wizard mode. I'm still unsure how there are players with those high scores. There's something I'm not seeing or they are just that good. I think it has to do with the direct it light as I've seen scores that were 12m plus

I find it easier with Iron Man to gain allies, but easier with Captain America to disable enemies, partly because that Safe House target is such a difficult and risky shot to make.

You can also gain allies by hitting the bumpers 40 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    Oh? That's cool, just shoot the right orbit and nudge to the left or right when it gets to the bumpers then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post

I can confirm this.

Finally got a second wizard mode and a third one. Second one scores 4.5m max per jackpot 3rd score 6M max per jackpot. Each time you get to a wizard mode, jackpot ramps up in values. Pretty cool.

Clodas suggestion helped as I focused on getting extra balls by maxing out the multipliers and by doing the 'Direct hit' option. With either hero when you get the direct hit, get the ball all the way to the top right flipper and shoot the invisible/flash ramp. Thor says something than it tells you that you need 2 more for extra ball.

I think I see what Cloda had mention. And I think it's 'Spammable' only if you perfect the shots. Still need to time it right etc. I didn't exploit it as I was really determined to get to a second 'Wizard' Mode.

Even though this table can be unforgiving with many of the shots, It's still one of the best that Zen has produced. Love the difficulty of it, and the intricacies of how each hero disables and gains heroes to their side.

I can confirm this.

Finally got a second wizard mode and a third one. Second one scores 4.5m max per jackpot 3rd score 6M max per jackpot. Each time you get to a wizard mode, jackpot ramps up in values. Pretty cool.

Clodas suggestion helped as I focused on getting extra balls by maxing out the multipliers and by doing the 'Direct hit' option. With either hero when you get the direct hit, get the ball all the way to the top right flipper and shoot the invisible/flash ramp. Thor says something than it tells you that you need 2 more for extra ball.

I think I see what Cloda had mention. And I think it's 'Spammable' only if you perfect the shots. Still need to time it right etc. I didn't exploit it as I was really determined to get to a second 'Wizard' Mode.

Even though this table can be unforgiving with many of the shots, It's still one of the best that Zen has produced. Love the difficulty of it, and the intricacies of how each hero disables and gains heroes to their side.
    Well done with reaching it three times! To hear how the scoring progress makes me even more sad that there is this easily spammable opportunity. Trust me... its got nothing to do with "direct hit" and it is much more straight forward
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Well done with reaching it three times! To hear how the scoring progress makes me even more sad that there is this easily spammable opportunity. Trust me... its got nothing to do with "direct hit" and it is much more straight forward
    So is it a 1 shot or combo based? Not sure if hitting Righ Sinkhole after getting extra ball for 4m a pop risk free.

Something interesting to note. I don't' recall what side I was playing but I did notice after getting both kickbacks and you shoot the left sinkhole 4 times, The jet bumper bonus goes up. So each jet bumper hit is is increased by the bonus amount. It starts at 10k then ramps up by 10k each time you do it.

Rescueing & evacuating 10 Civilists durring the Manford Multiball does not give a Allie, the Rulesheet says it should.... any others reconized that ?
    The Throwout from the Shieldsinkhole ends in a Sidedrain very often, no matter if i hold the right Flipper up or down to catch the Ball... it is little ironic if you have to shoot the Shieldsinkhole to get a Kickback & getting drained , because of the missing Kickback --> for what you made the Shot
    But i really like that Table , awsome Job Zen....

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    Rescueing & evacuating 10 Civilists durring the Manford Multiball does not give a Allie, the Rulesheet says it should.... any others reconized that ?
    The Throwout from the Shieldsinkhole ends in a Sidedrain very often, no matter if i hold the right Flipper up or down to catch the Ball... it is little ironic if you have to shoot the Shieldsinkhole to get a Kickback & getting drained , because of the missing Kickback --> for what you made the Shot
    But i really like that Table , awsome Job Zen....
    I noticed that, but I didn't think it was a big deal. Hmph!! Well I still love this table.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I find this table slow & boring. sorry. Not a big fan.

I noticed that, but I didn't think it was a big deal. Hmph!! Well I still love this table.
    Rafie, that av and sig are bad ass. You will from this point forward be referred to as The Badassador of the Zen Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Rafie, that av and sig are bad ass. You will from this point forward be referred to as The Badassador of the Zen Forums
    Hahaha I'm glad you like it. At least it isn't Captain Planet or She-Ra! Although I'm still thinking of getting the Captain Planet....
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Hahaha I'm glad you like it. At least it isn't Captain Planet or She-Ra! Although I'm still thinking of getting the Captain Planet....
    Merry Christmas LMAO

Merry Christmas LMAO

Hey... that should be mine! I'm a conservation biologist
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Hey... that should be mine! I'm a conservation biologist
    "Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!"

Merry Christmas LMAO

HAHAHAHA Snake that is why you are my boy for life! Hahaha I'm on the floor rolling!!! LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I played Little tonight and broke 1billion. Not because of what cloda had mentioned but perhaps a combination of that and getting to the wizard/frenzy mode again 3 times.

Also getting the 'GODLIKE' combo ramps up 1 million per every time you do it. Starting from 5m After you've earned the extra ball from that or have gotten all your extra balls already. If you do that shot the first 3 times it will score you and extra ball.

'GODLIKE' happens after a 'direct hit' with either hero. Once you get a 'Direct Hit', allow the ball to rest on your left flipper.
    Shoot the right(red) ramp and the ball will automatically go up to the upper left flipper(ramp) with an invisible loop. Make a shot with that upper Left (Ramp) Flipper the upper most right flipper. Make a shot with the upper most right Flipper (ramp) That ball will jump to another invisible chute and you will hear Thor say something. I don't know why I keep forgetting what he says.

Again it ramps up by 1m every-time you do it once you get all the extra balls

I've got that shot up to 12m. It may not be as easy as what Cloda had mentioned but much more satisfying.

Also I may have mentioned this before hitting the left Sinkhole 4 times after gaining both kickbacks playing as Captain America steals Popularity. I had at 1 point stole 10m

Doing so playing Iron Man ramps the jet bumpers by 10k Also hitting the bumpers multiplies the bumper value by it's current value.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 12-02-2012 at 10:15 AM.

I gotta hit the billion mark on these tables. Everyone is destroying my scores. I mean I'm use to the usual folks like Shogun, Dicepticon, Snake, etc beating me on the daily, but I just want to get my scores not just close to a billion....actually ON the billion mark.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

lol, I think I have 100M on this table. ugh.

"merry christmas to all! And to all a good night!"

This is amazing! Hahahaha

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Oh this is awesome, hey Cloda you need to rep this as your Sig now

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Well geez guys I guess my sig is just chopped liver!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Well geez guys I guess my sig is just chopped liver!
    Nah lol my photoshop skills suck pinballs, as you can clearly see lol got those white jaggies all around CP, uneven border, ugly corners, uneven names,etc... No polish whatsoever Ha! Yours is badass, clean and polished

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast