Thread: Official Marvel Civil War Thread

Default Official Marvel Civil War Thread

Just had a quick play through on this. I must say, the music and sound effects are TOP NOTCH. I haven't even scratched the surface on this table, so I really can't say too much about it. I think I'm going to enjoy playing it more than the Avengers table; I love the layout. There is some distorted slow motion stuff going on, some red screens again too. All in all I look forward to digging deeper into this table.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I never thought id see the day where im ranked #1 on a table even if its only for like 10 min
    With 100mil

Fun table so far
    I think i finnished iron mans side got some crazy multiball mode then if switched me to caps side
    Where i proceeded to drain

I dont care for the drop down ramp drains. Other then that so far its fun

I hear ya. The way each game starts off with a 2 ball multiball, or your saved score from the previous multiball,is really cool. Also, the Watcher is back. Im a total Watcher whore!!

Well, it seems this table is gonna be a difficult one to play and understand. I'm not sure I like the atmosphere of the table though, but then again, that may well be because I'm all Marvelled out as far as pinball goes. Still, due to the challenge, this may be a grower.
    Last edited by Nekro Neko; 11-21-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Just had a few goes, and I have to say, for a beginner like me this table feels more difficult than any of the previous Marvel tables. It gets quite unpredictable down the bottom end when it's coming off the ramps, but I'm not sure if it's something that I'll learn along the way...I keep expecting it to land on one flipper but see it zooming onto the other (and draining pretty often).

I love it aesthetics wise, bright and loud like al the best. The only minor complaint I have is it seems like you can't change the dot matrix colour. I'm fine with Iron Mans red, but with Cap's blue one I have to struggle to make out the details (maybe cos I'm partially colour blind )

On the whole though feels like a good challenging table. To me it feels like it's going to take a long time before I figure out how to even break 20m on this table, but that's a good incentive to keep at it for me. Just wish you could change cap's DMD colour

Now onto the Rule Sheet to work out what's going on :P

After sticking to it for a while, I love the table. High score is only 21m, but the bottom ramps aren't causing me the problems anymore. The general speed of the table and the difficulty of some of the shots are causing me problems, but I like the challenge. The Stanton Multiball at the start is cool, but I have no idea what kind of score to be aiming for on it. I got 1m in it from only a few shots, yet other times I've had what seems to be a good 10 or so ramp hits and ended up with just 300k. Don't think I'll be skipping that part of the table for a long time yet.

Also, I managed my 1st ever "bangback save" on this table Been trying a long time to get that technique to work and thought I'd never get one.

Love this table.

Finish the first "side" and started the second in 40 minutes about. So i think that is possible to make a Loooot of points here.

Anyway, thanks, another great strike from zen!

Enrico from Italy...

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Just downloaded, will get some time with it later tonight. Although it sounds good by what you guys are saying.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I would like to know how to raise your popularity?

I must admit I haven't been playing much PFX2 lately, the last time I booted it up was for some PvZ and never had the need to revisit it. But man, this Civil War table is awesome!! It feels very fresh, it might be one of my favourite Marvel tables already (although it might be a little early to call that). Thanks for not giving me 50GS within minutes and a 45 min game on my first try

Btw, is the ball sound supposed to be like it is now before each fight? Sounds like it's stuck and it's pretty annoying, minor complaint though!

Played a couple games, got the achievement. So yey me!

Quite confused on what to go for but thats to be expected of a new Table release, Seems you can get to the Wizard Mode pretty quickly since all you need is all the allies then spell out either 'Freedom' or 'Future'.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Quite confused on what to go for but thats to be expected of a new Table release.
    You should write yourself a guide.

Will download this later but mainly playing BLOPS2 at the moment....

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    You should write yourself a guide.

Will download this later but mainly playing BLOPS2 at the moment....
    "Oh no he didn't!" lmao

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by Extrema22 View Post
    I must admit I haven't been playing much PFX2 lately, the last time I booted it up was for some PvZ and never had the need to revisit it. But man, this Civil War table is awesome!! It feels very fresh, it might be one of my favourite Marvel tables already (although it might be a little early to call that). Thanks for not giving me 50GS within minutes and a 45 min game on my first try

Btw, is the ball sound supposed to be like it is now before each fight? Sounds like it's stuck and it's pretty annoying, minor complaint though!
    This is a strange noise. It doesn't happen on the Ps3 either. Man, this is a complicated table! What is the achievement anyway?
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 11-21-2012 at 06:53 PM.

I did not like the table at first, but it has grown on me. I did not expect a multi-ball at the beginning.
    Gametag for XBL & PSN is slickwilly13

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I did not like the table at first, but it has grown on me.
    Same here! This was one of those tables that I had trouble getting into at first.

It's exactly the kind of table I have been waiting for : challenging ! It reminds me of Rome and Iron Man ! Definitely more interesting than playing 18 endless balls on PvZ...

Here are some things I found on the table and still haven't read the rule sheet. I like trying to dig deep into tables for the first time without reading table guides unless absolutely necessary.

- I feel that Iron Man is much easier to get all the allies than CA. Especially shooting at that whirlpool looking thing at the middle 3-4 times. (It's blocked by drop targets playing as CA) Once you hit it says 'Taskmaster captured' or some other and then some hero joins Iron Man's side.

-I wish there was a better way to tell if the Gain Ally lane is flashing. Sometimes, with the ball speed the way it is, I can't tell that there is one flashing. If you're not looking at the DMD it would go unnoticed at times. in those cases if you don't do it in time, hero goes to the other side.

-I find that Getting into the in-lanes lights up Gain Ally in the opposite orbits for a quick 'hurry-up'. I think it lasts 3-5 seconds. That is if you get the ball in the in-lanes. Even so it seems that is not always the case. When the 'Fight' lane is lit, that doesn't happen so you must fight in order to gain or in some cases, lose an ally.

-If you get your multipliers maxed and if your popularity is high, you can get some really high end-ball bonuses. I think my last session I had an end bonus of 75m or more.

-Lighting future or freedom I think you have to hit that sinkhole+get a combination of the middle blue ramp to start spelling out either FREEDOM or something else (Iron Man's side) to get the advance multiplier lit,

-There is a point on the DMD where it says '29 more times for Gain Ally' etc. Doing so I think lights the Gain Ally lights for a certain amount of time. I think it revolves around doing combo shots.

-I'm still not sure what makes your flipper freeze and the CPU takes over and shoots combos. but that also has a hero join you side I think. I am thinking it revolves around getting 4 or more combo shots. It tells you how much you need in the DMD display.

-Also I find shooting the right sinkhole followed by shooting that area again when that weird symbol is flashing can net me allies as well but it's a risky shot. Most of the time I lose the ball down the middle. I think if you master that shot, You can gain allies very quickly.

- from the upper right flipper that has CA deflect the shot and nets you a pretty high jackpot bonus of a sort. I had one at 17m. Not sure how to get it up that high but I forgot what that flashing lane was called. It's a symbol that flashes and causes the ball to ride the invisible ramps etc.

The auto combo shot thing definitely has me liking this table more.

-I find that Getting into the in-lanes lights up Gain Ally in the opposite orbits for a quick 'hurry-up'. I think it lasts 3-5 seconds. That is if you get the ball in the in-lanes. Even so it seems that is not always the case. When the 'Fight' lane is lit, that doesn't happen so you must fight in order to gain or in some cases, lose an ally.
    scratch that. The light that looks like a letter in the in-lane- both need to be lit.

Here's more things I found out.

-Gain Ally lights are indeed confusing. All I know is when the ball goes through the in-lanes you have a 5 second window to hit the opposite orbit. and when the fight lane light is on, you have to have both in-lane registration lights on

-The ramp Gain ally lights are confusing as well. Sometimes when I hit the safe house targets by the bumpers the right ramp Gain Ally Lights is on. Not sure the how it's is so though.

- Once wizard mode is done when playing Captain America, shooting those Safe House targets multiple times finds the hideout opening up a sinkhole. shooting that sinkhole provides you with a 3 ball multiball when you have a certain amount of time to hit one of the balls into the whirlpool lane. (Center Lane with the only bright blue circle/Whirlpool). It resets the timer when you get a ball into that lane/sinkhole. Playing as Iron man, after Captain America Wizard mode, you can use this mode to disable up to 3 Enemies. If getting this mode and the heroes are neutral, The become your ally. It's a quick way to gain up to 3 allies thus I i find Iron Man easier to get to Wizard mode

I'm sure there is something similar with CA but I have not figured that out. It keep saying to shoot the Rafts which is probably the whirlpool area that is blocked by drop-down targets.

- Once past the first wizard mode, it ramps up in difficulty. The heroes go for the opposite side much more quickly when neutral. Thus the Iron Man mode above can help.

- Shooting a 4 combo start the auto combo feature. If you combo more you can gain allies much quicker. It ramps after that though So once the 4 combo is done you need 5 combo shots, then 6 etc.

-Shooting a double combo light the Flash lanes. This is where you can rack up points as IM. shoot the left ramp and CA deflects the ball and scores a certain amount of points. I think it's based on popularity. If you can loop those shots you could score some big points.

-Finding which lane to actually shoot in Fight mode needs a bit a tweaking IMO. Especially the orbit area. There is a flashing light but it's almost hard to see and seems camouflaged by the abundant red. The left ramp that's lit you need to hit 2 shots one up the lane then the flipper shot on the ramp itself. It's not easy and I'm wondering why that lane is lit when your in easy or very easy mode. Same with that whirlpool lane.

-Spelling WAR as Iron Man in the DMD display while shooting the Right Sinkhole nets you activate multipliers. Wish it was more noticeable though. As I can't tell how many I need to light the multipliers. It's a risky enough shot to actually look at the DMD display. Playing as CA you have to Spell REBEL. Why not make it shorter? something like HERO as it's 2 letter more than what Iron Man need while playing that side.

-shooting the left/right sinkhole areas while the Flash light is lit nets you 2-3 combo points, although sometimes when the left one is lit, it just goes straight to the sinkhole. It's a risky shot but worth it especially when you need 6-8 combo points to light up or disable a hero.

Gah! Got Pinball Ninja'd and have no points in the account until next week to pick up the full version!

Trial makes this look really promising so far, though. Can't wait to spend more time on it.

Exclamation Spammable scoring: table fix and leaderboard reset requested

It is with sadness that I have to say that Zen has managed to turn a very reasonable and quite innovative table into a spamfest just by including a risk free spammable mode I stumbled across it in my second game while I was still figuring the basics out - how to activate the kickbacks, how to increase the multipliers and how to get an extra ball. Before I knew it I was scoring at 8.5million per combo and there is just about zero risk involved I'm not going to reveal exactly how it works (so that there is still a bit of a challenge for those that want to figure it out), but it has something to do with the basics I figured out . I scored a billion within the first hour or two on my second full game and at the moment I still haven't even figuring out how to effectively turn heroes to my side.

So... nice table in principle, even though it is a little bit short on variation in missions and modes, and it is still leaving me with a challenge to learn how to effectively play through wizard mode twice. Zen has tried to limit the scoring potential in other ways on the table e.g. it seems that you can score a maximum of only 3 extra balls total and multipliers are reduced to only 4 or 5X depending on who you play with but.... a big BUT; if a tournament is going to be held on this table, the scores are going to go into the mega billions and it will be won by the person who is willing to sit there and do the same thing over and over ad infinitum...

I would like to request from Zen to please seriously consider to close this spamming opportunity ASAP and then to reset the leaderboard before it becomes set in stone. The table has only been out for a couple of days so if you announce it now that the table will be fixed and reset but only implement it in a couple of weeks when you are able to, players will not have an excuse to complain about the leaderboard reset.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Choose Iron Man, build up your popularity by shooting the right sinkhole (there might be other ways), then collect popularity bonus with "direct hit." Did I guess correctly Cloda?

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Choose Iron Man*** Did I guess correctly Cloda?
    Probably should make this a PM to Cloda if you are actually wanting to know if you guessed correctly. If not, you just did what he was trying NOT to do and revealed it to everyone to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Probably should make this a PM to Cloda if you are actually wanting to know if you guessed correctly. If not, you just did what he was trying NOT to do and revealed it to everyone to exploit.
    If it was an actual bug, i would have. All anybody had to do was read about "direct hit" in the table guide. I didn't reveal any big secret. I'm not even sure this was what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    It is with sadness that I have to say that Zen has managed to turn a very reasonable and quite innovative table into a spamfest just by including a risk free spammable mode I stumbled across it in my second game while I was still figuring the basics out - how to activate the kickbacks, how to increase the multipliers and how to get an extra ball. Before I knew it I was scoring at 8.5million per combo and there is just about zero risk involved I'm not going to reveal exactly how it works (so that there is still a bit of a challenge for those that want to figure it out), but it has something to do with the basics I figured out . I scored a billion within the first hour or two on my second full game and at the moment I still haven't even figuring out how to effectively turn heroes to my side.

So... nice table in principle, even though it is a little bit short on variation in missions and modes, and it is still leaving me with a challenge to learn how to effectively play through wizard mode twice. Zen has tried to limit the scoring potential in other ways on the table e.g. it seems that you can score a maximum of only 3 extra balls total and multipliers are reduced to only 4 or 5X depending on who you play with but.... a big BUT; if a tournament is going to be held on this table, the scores are going to go into the mega billions and it will be won by the person who is willing to sit there and do the same thing over and over ad infinitum...

I would like to request from Zen to please seriously consider to close this spamming opportunity ASAP and then to reset the leaderboard before it becomes set in stone. The table has only been out for a couple of days so if you announce it now that the table will be fixed and reset but only implement it in a couple of weeks when you are able to, players will not have an excuse to complain about the leaderboard reset.
    Oh no......just what I didn't want to hear.

They have been making these tables long enough now - how is it that nearly every table they find a way to f##k it up??

You know what I don't think I actually care anymore.

I bet you zen won't fix it although it will get 'reported to the team' along with every other bug since time began.

Had enough of marvel, had enough of noob tables and had enough of tables that are either bugged or spam feasts.

I quit.

Choose Iron Man, build up your popularity by shooting the right sinkhole (there might be other ways), then collect popularity bonus with "direct hit." Did I guess correctly Cloda?
    Popularity is the key I think. Especially with the Multipliers at max. I've had an end ball bonus of 75m once.

Without risk? Hmm either he master that right sinkhole shot or I'm missing something. If it revolves around Spelling FUTURE and FREEDOM, then I still have to figure that out. In the meantime I'm still liking this table. I really don't want to stoop to exploiting something and then do the same think all the time. I would hate to play a table that has one goal and do the same thing all the time. Bride of Pinbot for TPA comes in mind. All it is hitting that left ramp over and over and over again, even when in Mutliball.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Had enough of marvel, had enough of noob tables and had enough of tables that are either bugged or spam feasts.

I quit.
    Not sure if serious....Anyways, there's a great balance of tables Zen offers, and they don't cater to just one type of player, so I don't understand lol

Finally had a really good scoring game on this table. Here are few quicks tips I learned.

- Stealing popularity (this may be in rule sheet) plus maxing multipliers really improved my EOBB. To steal your foe's popularity hit the left sink hole to light both left/right kickback. The next time you hit the left sink hole enough times, you will steal your foe's popularity and add it to your own.

- Hard to hit top left orbit during battle mode. I've been struggling to hit this shot. Today I figured out if you hit the right sink hole it will launch the ball up to the top of the table. When it gets near the top left flipper (in the middle of the ramps), hit the ball up the ramp to the top right flipper (near the top of the table). Still having trouble hitting the raft shot though.

On my best game I started with Iron Man, played through Wizard Mode, and then got stuck on Captain America. It is easier to convert allies when playing at Iron Man. Next go through I will probably start as Captain America. I also did "exploit" the right sinkhole, but mainly I was doing it to max multiplier and get extra ball. Still not an easy shot unless you are on your game.

In case other people haven't figured this out - when a ball is coming down the ramp towards your flippers, hold the flipper and it will divert the ball to the opposite flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Popularity is the key I think. Especially with the Multipliers at max. I've had an end ball bonus of 75m once.

Without risk? Hmm either he master that right sinkhole shot or I'm missing something. If it revolves around Spelling FUTURE and FREEDOM, then I still have to figure that out. In the meantime I'm still liking this table. I really don't want to stoop to exploiting something and then do the same think all the time. I would hate to play a table that has one goal and do the same thing all the time. Bride of Pinbot for TPA comes in mind. All it is hitting that left ramp over and over and over again, even when in Mutliball.
    Much simpler than this my friends , but you are thinking in the right direction I also don't like spamming, but this particular scoring opportunity is something that can help your score build even if you play normally. My normal strategy for any table before I actually start playing missions and modes is the following: kickbacks, extra ball and multipliers if they are not a big pain to get (e.g. SotD) or if the tables EOBB is a huge part of scoring (e.g. Captain America). So... focus on those intently and pay close attention to the scores you get per shot and you'll soon have a billion... if you don't mind spamming that is

Hi Barbie... I see you just about answered all the other questions posted in the last day or so... how about a bit of an answer on this important issue? I am serious when I am saying that this table has now been badly compromised in terms of scoring, especially when it comes to playing a tournament on it.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

The more I play the table the more I find similarities with Ms. Splosion Man and I like it. I guess its mostly the flow, positioning of some ramps and then also the "kicker combo" kind of action.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
    Finally had a really good scoring game on this table. Here are few quicks tips I learned.

- Stealing popularity (this may be in rule sheet) plus maxing multipliers really improved my EOBB. To steal your foe's popularity hit the left sink hole to light both left/right kickback. The next time you hit the left sink hole enough times, you will steal your foe's popularity and add it to your own.
    I think you can only steal with Cap, since when I hit the Left Hole with Iron Man after getting both Kickbacks it gives me something like Base Score increase..?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Finally got a second wizard mode and a third one. second one scores 4.5m max per jackpot 3rd score 6M max per jackpot. Each time you complete a wizard mode jackpot ramps up in values. Pretty cool.

Clodas suggestion helped as I focused on getting extra balls by maxing out the multipliers and by doing the 'Direct hit' option. With either hero when you get the direct hit, get the ball all the way to the top right flipper and shoot the invisible/flash ramp. Thor says something than it tells you that you need 2 more for extra ball.

I think I see what Cloda had mention. And I think it's 'Spammable' only if you perfect the shots. Still need to time it right etc. I didn't exploit it as I was really determined to get to a second 'Wizard' Mode.

Even though this table can be unforgiving with many of the shots, It's still one of the best that Zen has produced IMO. I love challenging table, and the intricacies of how each hero disables and gains heroes to their side.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 11-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.

BarbieBobomb, is Zen aware of the big issue pointed out by Cloda ? Is it being addressed ? Thanks.

Quote :

"It is with sadness that I have to say that Zen has managed to turn a very reasonable and quite innovative table into a spamfest just by including a risk free spammable mode I stumbled across it in my second game while I was still figuring the basics out - how to activate the kickbacks, how to increase the multipliers and how to get an extra ball. Before I knew it I was scoring at 8.5million per combo and there is just about zero risk involved I'm not going to reveal exactly how it works (so that there is still a bit of a challenge for those that want to figure it out), but it has something to do with the basics I figured out . I scored a billion within the first hour or two on my second full game and at the moment I still haven't even figuring out how to effectively turn heroes to my side.

I would like to request from Zen to please seriously consider to close this spamming opportunity ASAP and then to reset the leaderboard before it becomes set in stone. The table has only been out for a couple of days so if you announce it now that the table will be fixed and reset but only implement it in a couple of weeks when you are able to, players will not have an excuse to complain about the leaderboard reset."

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    BarbieBobomb, is Zen aware of the big issue pointed out by Cloda ? Is it being addressed ? Thanks.
    Of course. I send all of your reports to the team.

Maybe this is how the Zen team wants the table to play. I really don't see nothing wrong with some extra points. I think the table will still be a good challenge to most people, from taking a look at the leaderboards.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Maybe this is how the Zen team wants the table to play. I really don't see nothing wrong with some extra points. I think the table will still be a good challenge to most people, from taking a look at the leaderboards.
    I will be surprised if this is how they wanted it to play because the scoring on the rest of the table is very well thought out with the low max multipliers, only 3 extra balls and really nice scoring progression each time you complete wizard mode that will in theory encouraging people to play through to wizard mode as often as possible. As I have pointed out before this can all be bypassed by spamming certain shots and when it will come to a tournament, that will be the method that will be employed to build a super high score over many hours. There are many players willing to put in serious hours to get a high score so any relatively risk free mode that score a decent amount of points will be employed.

Thanks for the reply Barbie... I hope that the team will take this under serious consideration. But yeah... enough said from me on this. I rest my case

I'm still having huge fun with the table and am looking forward to have a few more sessions on it. My mission now is to beat my 1.2Bil that I scored with the spam mode through normal aiming-for-wizard-mode-completion gameplay. Maybe by the end I will know who all the superheroes are that I am trying to get on my side other than just using them as somewhat disposable pawns in a humongous power struggle.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

I'm gonna go ahead and respectfully and humbly say that you are wrong this time Cloda. The series of combos eventually say "Godlike", and even in the rulesheet, it says, if you master this combo shot, which is very hard (hehe, I guess to some), you will be rewarded with millions. I think the scoring is the way it's supposed to be. Oh, how do you get the third extra ball? I always get the 2 through the multipliers/combo shots. Also, just got to 19 in the world, and I only have like 225 million. so yeah, there definitely is only a handful of people, as usual, who has mastered this table already. I haven't even made it to the wizard mode yet, it's not all that easy to everyone. Let's give some credit to Zen.
    I would love to hear from the designer/s of this table, on this matter. I love hearing their insight, especially since it's rare.
    Zen, please don't fiddle with the leaderboards for this table, the scoring system is designed perfectly.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 11-28-2012 at 04:02 AM.

I'm gonna go ahead and respectfully and humbly say that you are wrong this time Cloda. The series of combos eventually say "Godlike", and even in the rulesheet, it says, if you master this combo shot, which is very hard (hehe, I guess to some), you will be rewarded with millions. I think the scoring is the way it's supposed to be. Oh, how do you get the third extra ball? I always get the 2 through the multipliers/combo shots. Also, just got to 19 in the world, and I only have like 225 million. so yeah, there definitely is only a handful of people, as usual, who has mastered this table already. I haven't even made it to the wizard mode yet, it's not all that easy to everyone. Let's give some credit to Zen.
    I would love to hear from the designer/s of this table, on this matter. I love hearing their insight, especially since it's rare.
    Zen, please don't fiddle with the leaderboards for this table, the scoring system is designed perfectly.
    Yeah... a 3 shot combo is not so easy to everyone, but a two shot combo is much easier and there is nothing "Godlike" about it

Each time I lose a ball I start the new ball off building my multipliers and getting that extra ball. The other way is Godlike combo but the multiplier extra ball is much easier.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Fair enough. But one of the msot fun things about pinball is racking up lots of points which makes you feel insanely good, setting off chemicals in your body.

WOW, talk about a table that SHOULD have a magna save implemented. Even though I rasie my score every day on this table, it goes down the middle so much that it has made me not like the table as much. Nearly a perfect table.

WOW, talk about a table that SHOULD have a magna save implemented. Even though I rasie my score every day on this table, it goes down the middle so much that it has made me not like the table as much. Nearly a perfect table.
    Yeah the way that the ball on your weak shots tend to go SDTM nearly reminds me of a real pinball table. As they are designed to do just that. This table could be nearly perfect if it wasn't for the method that cloda had mentioned. It is really that easy. Other than that, it's a great table.

I'm not real sure what I think of this table since the time limit on the demo is really short. It feels like the PvsZ demo let you play like three times as long.

I guess at least it lets you finish up the ball you have in play sans any score, still, it would be nice to let you play long enough to get a mission started or something.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    This table could be nearly perfect if it wasn't for the method that cloda had mentioned. It is really that easy. Other than that, it's a great table.
    +1, I just tried playing it a minute ago and it's like what's the point, I really don't want to sit there for hours doing that method, its overwhelming and sad that that's the way to get the biggest score, basically.

By completely ignoring a certain gaping scoring imbalance this is what I have to say about the table (as posted on another site):

In principle this is a very well balanced table in terms of scoring and strategy. There is actually not that much to it once you figure all the modes out, but the real trick comes in to do the right thing at the right time! As such you have to have much better awareness than on many of the other tables of what the ball hit and which modes are running (or not running). It is thus not a beginners table (something that the pinball wizards are relishing after a string of easy single table releases) but will provide a good opportunity for anybody that is interested in getting better and learning how to become more strategic with the game. Beating the wizard mode (final mode before you are forced to switch sides) consecutively is really where your big scoring comes in on this table.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Nice summary Cloda. How many fights do you have to win or whatever to advance to Wizard Mode?

Nice summary Cloda. How many fights do you have to win or whatever to advance to Wizard Mode?
    Starting the game with either C or I all 8 the other heroes are neutral and you have to get them on your side before you then get to the wedding (wizard mode). You then switch sides in the CW and start with a real deficit in the sense that all the heroes are then on the other guys side. Your must then work hard at neutralising heroes before you can win them over to your side. You need to take a good look at the rule sheet because it is quite tough to figure out what to do as there are many ways to neutralise, win (or lose) heroes from your side and it also differs significantly between the two sides. The one thing that I can specifically recommend is not to start a fight unless you are quite sure that you can win it as all your hard work of neutralizing a hero and winning him/her over can be undone in a flash. I struggled to always see which lanes to hit during a fight as the flashing lanes using view 5 (my preferred view) doesn't give the whole picture... you need to see where the actual characters are positioned to get a better idea which lanes to hit.

Brilliant stuff

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

By completely ignoring a certain gaping scoring imbalance this is what I have to say about the table (as posted on another site):

In principle this is a very well balanced table in terms of scoring and strategy. There is actually not that much to it once you figure all the modes out, but the real trick comes in to do the right thing at the right time! As such you have to have much better awareness than on many of the other tables of what the ball hit and which modes are running (or not running). It is thus not a beginners table (something that the pinball wizards are relishing after a string of easy single table releases) but will provide a good opportunity for anybody that is interested in getting better and learning how to become more strategic with the game. Beating the wizard mode (final mode before you are forced to switch sides) consecutively is really where your big scoring comes in on this table.
    Like lasvegaspinballhalloffame said, Great summary and one of the reasons I like this table. Disregarding the spamming mode that you mentioned.

I'll re post what I mentioned earlier.

The tables plays way differently than most as you don't have missions like most tables. It's about getting all heroes as your ally regardless of who you play. The intricacies is in how CA and IM disable the heroes to neutral is what makes this table so much more interesting than most.

This has become one of my favs only because of the difficulty. The accuracy you need is evident as most shots are risky as heck. Ball Control is essential at all times as it sometimes feels like a real pinball table when most of errant or weak shots nearly go SDTM. The idea of getting all the allies to your side is simple enough. Getting out of the hole when you down all 8 heroes and getting them to your side is where this table is so unique to me.

Too bad the wizard/frenzy mode is timed but I can see why they did it. I've been to 'the wedding' 3 times and the max jackpot is 6m. Ramped u from 1.5 the first time. So if you can get more than 3 I think you can score major points.

I find this table very challenging and since I like challenging tables, this is tops for me.

Also want to add something for STTC and his eventual guide.

Getting allies is indeed tough after the first wizard mode for either hero. the key is those Safe House targets. Hitting them as CA lights either the right ramp or left orbit Gain Ally lights. shoot the lane that's lit in the amount of time granted (Usaully 15 seconds I think) They then disable a hero.

You have to shoot safe or house targets in succession to disable a hero as IM. I think the DMD says shoot Safe or house.

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Once wizard mode is done when playing Captain America, shooting those Safe House targets multiple times finds the hideout opening up a sinkhole. doing so will disable a hero. shooting that sinkhole provides you with a 3 ball multiball when you have a certain amount of time to hit one of the balls into the whirlpool lane. (Center Lane with the only bright blue circle/Whirlpool). It resets the timer when you get a ball into that lane/sinkhole. You can use this mode to disable up to 3 Enemies. If getting this mode and the heroes are neutral, The become your ally. It's a quick way to gain up to 3 allies thus I i find Iron Man easier to get to Wizard mode

-As CA Once you hit a drop target I suggest you hit the necessary Sinkhole area. It should show a flashing 'Flash' light. Do it twice and it will keep those targets down. When you clear the targets in front of the whirlpool, you have 15 seconds to shoot the whirlpool again and it turns into single ball mode. You need to shoot the Fight Lane, followed by a left orbit shot then try and get the ball into the sinkhole where the safe house targets are. Each lane shot will either give you and ally or make an enemy neutral. up to 3 heroes can become neutral or allies depending on how many shots you make up to 3.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 12-01-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks a lot tenor and Cloda. Hopefully I'll see Wizard Mode soon. Still just having fun collecting the benefits of after you have got your kickbacks. How much have you got the Jets up to while IM Cloda? tenor?

Thanks a lot tenor and Cloda. Hopefully I'll see Wizard Mode soon. Still just having fun collecting the benefits of after you have got your kickbacks. How much have you got the Jets up to while IM Cloda? tenor?
    The most I got the jets up is 80k but haven't focused on that as much. I've also been playing in that PSN league and some other tourney handled by fracas as a sort of USA vs the world tourney. I haven't played Civil War as much since last week.

I played Little tonight and broke 1billion. Not because of what cloda had mentioned but perhaps a combination of that and getting to the wizard/frenzy mode again 3 times.

Also getting the 'GODLIKE' combo ramps up 1 million per every time you do it. Starting from 5m After you've earned the extra ball from that or have gotten all your extra balls already. If you do that shot the first 3 times it will score you and extra ball.

'GODLIKE' happens after a 'direct hit' with either hero. Once you get a 'Direct Hit', allow the ball to rest on your left flipper.
    Shoot the right(red) ramp and the ball will automatically go up to the upper left flipper(ramp) with an invisible loop. Make a shot with that upper Left (Ramp) Flipper the upper most right flipper. Make a shot with the upper most right Flipper (ramp) That ball will jump to another invisible chute and you will hear Thor say something. I don't know why I keep forgetting what he says.

Again it ramps up by 1m every-time you do it once you get all the extra balls

I've got that shot up to 12m. It may not be as easy as what Cloda had mentioned but much more satisfying.

Also I may have mentioned this before hitting the left Sinkhole 4 times after gaining both kickbacks playing as Captain America steals Popularity. I had at 1 point stole 10m

Doing so playing Iron Man ramps the jet bumpers by 10k Also hitting the bumpers multiplies the bumper value by it's current value.

Starting the game with either C or I all 8 the other heroes are neutral and you have to get them on your side before you then get to the wedding (wizard mode). You then switch sides in the CW and start with a real deficit in the sense that all the heroes are then on the other guys side. Your must then work hard at neutralising heroes before you can win them over to your side. You need to take a good look at the rule sheet because it is quite tough to figure out what to do as there are many ways to neutralise, win (or lose) heroes from your side and it also differs significantly between the two sides. The one thing that I can specifically recommend is not to start a fight unless you are quite sure that you can win it as all your hard work of neutralizing a hero and winning him/her over can be undone in a flash. I struggled to always see which lanes to hit during a fight as the flashing lanes using view 5 (my preferred view) doesn't give the whole picture... you need to see where the actual characters are positioned to get a better idea which lanes to hit.

Brilliant stuff
    I was 2 heroes away from getting to the 2 wizard mode the other day. I was so happy and then the ball came through the left orbit and went straight through the middle. I really worked hard at getting those heroes on my side...again after I already had them. I was really on a roll. If I did it once...I can do it again. LOL I really love this table!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Is the Punisher ramp used for anything besdies skillshots?

Is the Punisher ramp used for anything besdies skillshots?
    Punisher Ramp? you mean the target? Well From what I see is that when you hit the safe house targets as CA multiple times it opens up the sinkhole like Iron Man. Get the ball into that sinkhole lights the punisher target. Hitting the Punisher target nets you a ball save. Also you can use the punisher target to win a phase in fight mode or a phase in the mode after you get the ball into the whirlpool after the drop down targets.

If you are having difficulty with the Whirlpool shot in fight mode or the 'fight' lane in the other mode, then it might be easier target
    Otherwise I didn't find anything else really useful for that shot.

Nice info guys, yeh haven't had much time writing up the Guide due to all the Christmas stuff im doing at home... yep I know its early but I like to do things early lol.

I think il set up the Guide something like this -

- Cap/IM Mechanics & Modes etc.

- Cap Mechanics & Modes etc.

- IM Mechanices & Modes etc.

- Wedding Party Wizard Mode

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Okay, I just bucked up for the table, and while I think it's enjoyable, I also think it takes the multiple hero table pretty much as far as it can go. I hope from here on out we go back to singular hero tables.

While the team-up (and against) tables are novel, they're also a bit of a mess, thematically speaking. And from that standpoint, I enjoy the single hero tables a lot more.

I love how you can play each new game with a different character, and then they have their own unique things going on in the table. This was an AWESOME idea. I hope we see more of that kind of stuff in the future.

Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter

Quote Originally Posted by brighton rock View Post
    Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter
    Don't forget the "Merc with the mouth" here!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Dr.Strange should be released any time now.

So there's going to be a Doctor Strange table?? Very awesome. I never knew it moved past the rumor stage.

As for the merc with the mouth, a Deadpool table could be a blast, it would take the concept of the hero talking to the player (like Warlock in IG) to the next level. And of course, I'm still holding for a Daredevil table.

So there's going to be a Doctor Strange table?? Very awesome. I never knew it moved past the rumor stage.
    It was never a rumor, but an actual confirmation from Game Informer. There was an article on The Avengers Chronicles pack in the April 2012 issue and it noted that Civil War and Doctor Strange tables were also in development.

They also had pictures of a completed table.

oh, I remember scans of that article being posted. I guess I didn't realize there were pics of the Dr. Strange table within.

Anyway, I can't wait. I was a pretty big fan back in the early '80s. Both of his solo adventures and as the head of the Defenders.

Thumbs up A Thank You for the Silence.

.... the table layout changed a bit for Civil War since those scans from GI.

Hey guys, been a long time since I posted. Boss took away our privilege to bring our laptops to work...

.... just wanted to shoot off a quick thank you. I was very concerned about the whole Stamford Multiball thing. The tragic events that kicked off the SRA, and the eventual civil war, may not have been the first time a catastrophe happened in the Marvel-verse, but it was characterized as being one of the most traumatic things to ever happen; heralding unprecedented backlash from the entirety of America. I was deeply worried about a "Yippee!! Multiball!!" feel to the Stamford incident. Not only did you treat it with respect, you include a brief moment of silence between the multi and the rest of the game.

Also, you mention Stark's "war-profiteering" (the bastich) at least once. You can really tell the story was taken into consideration. As a marvel fan I really appreciated this.

oh, I remember scans of that article being posted. I guess I didn't realize there were pics of the Dr. Strange table within.

Anyway, I can't wait. I was a pretty big fan back in the early '80s. Both of his solo adventures and as the head of the Defenders.
    Sorry to double post, didn't see this until afterwards...

I highly recommend most Marvel titles from the 80's... this was the best era for comics. They finally started getting away from the paradigm set up in the sixties/seventies of "villain of the month gets defeated!". The art was geared to tell the story, not showcase "boobs and violence" which were the hallmarks of the mid-late nineties on into the present. While things are more colorful and vibrant now that comics have moved to "slicks" (type of paper), I continue to collect and read from thislost era of comic greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    .... the table layout changed a bit for Civil War since those scans from GI.

Hey guys, been a long time since I posted. Boss took away our privilege to bring our laptops to work...

.... just wanted to shoot off a quick thank you. I was very concerned about the whole Stamford Multiball thing. The tragic events that kicked off the SRA, and the eventual civil war, may not have been the first time a catastrophe happened in the Marvel-verse, but it was characterized as being one of the most traumatic things to ever happen; heralding unprecedented backlash from the entirety of America. I was deeply worried about a "Yippee!! Multiball!!" feel to the Stamford incident. Not only did you treat it with respect, you include a brief moment of silence between the multi and the rest of the game.

Also, you mention Stark's "war-profiteering" (the bastich) at least once. You can really tell the story was taken into consideration. As a marvel fan I really appreciated this.
    Aww thanks The first time I played it, I definitely felt the gravity of the situation. I'm glad people are able to see the story elements clearly, wenwanted people to understand a plot, rather than just a character or two.

So after giving this table a bit of a run.

I find it to be very balanced between risk/reward for the shots. Everything seems to be timed pretty tightly in order to gain allies and such. Also have to be pretty accurate for the fight mini game mode. Most of the drains i've experience have been from very fast ramp play, and a crappy bounce I just simply cant react to. Not that many outlane drains... some straight down the middle. Overall, not too bad in those regards.

So far this table seems to be pretty damn fun. I'm loving the flow to it, it seems to be VERY fast. In fact, I'm thinking about adjusting the upper flippers (mid upper right flipper mainly). Reminds me of the Hulk table with that flipper. Maybe the accuracy will be better if it was lowered.

But my main question is this: Is there a score limit to the Stamford Multiball that starts the game? So far mine is over 6 million. Just seems to me that the start to the game can be kinda abused to get a damn good quick score to start the main game.

As other people have said previously in this thread. I absolutely do find the Iron Man side much easier to get allies/missions compared to captian america. With that said, getting the punisher bonus on the CA side is pretty damn sweet, and it DOES come in VERY handy during a mission when it's available.