Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cloda
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2010

By completely ignoring a certain gaping scoring imbalance this is what I have to say about the table (as posted on another site):

In principle this is a very well balanced table in terms of scoring and strategy. There is actually not that much to it once you figure all the modes out, but the real trick comes in to do the right thing at the right time! As such you have to have much better awareness than on many of the other tables of what the ball hit and which modes are running (or not running). It is thus not a beginners table (something that the pinball wizards are relishing after a string of easy single table releases) but will provide a good opportunity for anybody that is interested in getting better and learning how to become more strategic with the game. Beating the wizard mode (final mode before you are forced to switch sides) consecutively is really where your big scoring comes in on this table.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2011

Nice summary Cloda. How many fights do you have to win or whatever to advance to Wizard Mode?
      http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame
        Nice summary Cloda. How many fights do you have to win or whatever to advance to Wizard Mode?
        Starting the game with either C or I all 8 the other heroes are neutral and you have to get them on your side before you then get to the wedding (wizard mode). You then switch sides in the CW and start with a real deficit in the sense that all the heroes are then on the other guys side. Your must then work hard at neutralising heroes before you can win them over to your side. You need to take a good look at the rule sheet because it is quite tough to figure out what to do as there are many ways to neutralise, win (or lose) heroes from your side and it also differs significantly between the two sides. The one thing that I can specifically recommend is not to start a fight unless you are quite sure that you can win it as all your hard work of neutralizing a hero and winning him/her over can be undone in a flash. I struggled to always see which lanes to hit during a fight as the flashing lanes using view 5 (my preferred view) doesn't give the whole picture... you need to see where the actual characters are positioned to get a better idea which lanes to hit.

Brilliant stuff
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• tenorhero
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
          By completely ignoring a certain gaping scoring imbalance this is what I have to say about the table (as posted on another site):

In principle this is a very well balanced table in terms of scoring and strategy. There is actually not that much to it once you figure all the modes out, but the real trick comes in to do the right thing at the right time! As such you have to have much better awareness than on many of the other tables of what the ball hit and which modes are running (or not running). It is thus not a beginners table (something that the pinball wizards are relishing after a string of easy single table releases) but will provide a good opportunity for anybody that is interested in getting better and learning how to become more strategic with the game. Beating the wizard mode (final mode before you are forced to switch sides) consecutively is really where your big scoring comes in on this table.
          Like lasvegaspinballhalloffame said, Great summary and one of the reasons I like this table. Disregarding the spamming mode that you mentioned.

I'll re post what I mentioned earlier.

The tables plays way differently than most as you don't have missions like most tables. It's about getting all heroes as your ally regardless of who you play. The intricacies is in how CA and IM disable the heroes to neutral is what makes this table so much more interesting than most.

This has become one of my favs only because of the difficulty. The accuracy you need is evident as most shots are risky as heck. Ball Control is essential at all times as it sometimes feels like a real pinball table when most of errant or weak shots nearly go SDTM. The idea of getting all the allies to your side is simple enough. Getting out of the hole when you down all 8 heroes and getting them to your side is where this table is so unique to me.

Too bad the wizard/frenzy mode is timed but I can see why they did it. I've been to 'the wedding' 3 times and the max jackpot is 6m. Ramped u from 1.5 the first time. So if you can get more than 3 I think you can score major points.

I find this table very challenging and since I like challenging tables, this is tops for me.

Also want to add something for STTC and his eventual guide.

Getting allies is indeed tough after the first wizard mode for either hero. the key is those Safe House targets. Hitting them as CA lights either the right ramp or left orbit Gain Ally lights. shoot the lane that's lit in the amount of time granted (Usaully 15 seconds I think) They then disable a hero.

You have to shoot safe or house targets in succession to disable a hero as IM. I think the DMD says shoot Safe or house.

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Once wizard mode is done when playing Captain America, shooting those Safe House targets multiple times finds the hideout opening up a sinkhole. doing so will disable a hero. shooting that sinkhole provides you with a 3 ball multiball when you have a certain amount of time to hit one of the balls into the whirlpool lane. (Center Lane with the only bright blue circle/Whirlpool). It resets the timer when you get a ball into that lane/sinkhole. You can use this mode to disable up to 3 Enemies. If getting this mode and the heroes are neutral, The become your ally. It's a quick way to gain up to 3 allies thus I i find Iron Man easier to get to Wizard mode

-As CA Once you hit a drop target I suggest you hit the necessary Sinkhole area. It should show a flashing 'Flash' light. Do it twice and it will keep those targets down. When you clear the targets in front of the whirlpool, you have 15 seconds to shoot the whirlpool again and it turns into single ball mode. You need to shoot the Fight Lane, followed by a left orbit shot then try and get the ball into the sinkhole where the safe house targets are. Each lane shot will either give you and ally or make an enemy neutral. up to 3 heroes can become neutral or allies depending on how many shots you make up to 3.
          Last edited by tenorhero; 12-01-2012, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
            • Sep 2011

Thanks a lot tenor and Cloda. Hopefully I'll see Wizard Mode soon. Still just having fun collecting the benefits of after you have got your kickbacks. How much have you got the Jets up to while IM Cloda? tenor?

Comment

• tenorhero
              • Mar 2012

Thanks a lot tenor and Cloda. Hopefully I'll see Wizard Mode soon. Still just having fun collecting the benefits of after you have got your kickbacks. How much have you got the Jets up to while IM Cloda? tenor?
              The most I got the jets up is 80k but haven't focused on that as much. I've also been playing in that PSN league and some other tourney handled by fracas as a sort of USA vs the world tourney. I haven't played Civil War as much since last week.

Comment

• tenorhero
                • Mar 2012

I played Little tonight and broke 1billion. Not because of what cloda had mentioned but perhaps a combination of that and getting to the wizard/frenzy mode again 3 times.

Also getting the 'GODLIKE' combo ramps up 1 million per every time you do it. Starting from 5m After you've earned the extra ball from that or have gotten all your extra balls already. If you do that shot the first 3 times it will score you and extra ball.

'GODLIKE' happens after a 'direct hit' with either hero. Once you get a 'Direct Hit', allow the ball to rest on your left flipper.
                Shoot the right(red) ramp and the ball will automatically go up to the upper left flipper(ramp) with an invisible loop. Make a shot with that upper Left (Ramp) Flipper the upper most right flipper. Make a shot with the upper most right Flipper (ramp) That ball will jump to another invisible chute and you will hear Thor say something. I don't know why I keep forgetting what he says.

Again it ramps up by 1m every-time you do it once you get all the extra balls

I've got that shot up to 12m. It may not be as easy as what Cloda had mentioned but much more satisfying.

Also I may have mentioned this before hitting the left Sinkhole 4 times after gaining both kickbacks playing as Captain America steals Popularity. I had at 1 point stole 10m

Doing so playing Iron Man ramps the jet bumpers by 10k Also hitting the bumpers multiplies the bumper value by it's current value.

Comment

• Rafie
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
                  Starting the game with either C or I all 8 the other heroes are neutral and you have to get them on your side before you then get to the wedding (wizard mode). You then switch sides in the CW and start with a real deficit in the sense that all the heroes are then on the other guys side. Your must then work hard at neutralising heroes before you can win them over to your side. You need to take a good look at the rule sheet because it is quite tough to figure out what to do as there are many ways to neutralise, win (or lose) heroes from your side and it also differs significantly between the two sides. The one thing that I can specifically recommend is not to start a fight unless you are quite sure that you can win it as all your hard work of neutralizing a hero and winning him/her over can be undone in a flash. I struggled to always see which lanes to hit during a fight as the flashing lanes using view 5 (my preferred view) doesn't give the whole picture... you need to see where the actual characters are positioned to get a better idea which lanes to hit.

Brilliant stuff
                  I was 2 heroes away from getting to the 2 wizard mode the other day. I was so happy and then the ball came through the left orbit and went straight through the middle. I really worked hard at getting those heroes on my side...again after I already had them. I was really on a roll. If I did it once...I can do it again. LOL I really love this table!!!
                  PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                  Gamertag- RAFIE82
                  YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                  Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                    • Sep 2011

Is the Punisher ramp used for anything besdies skillshots?

Comment

• tenorhero
                      • Mar 2012

Is the Punisher ramp used for anything besdies skillshots?
                      Punisher Ramp? you mean the target? Well From what I see is that when you hit the safe house targets as CA multiple times it opens up the sinkhole like Iron Man. Get the ball into that sinkhole lights the punisher target. Hitting the Punisher target nets you a ball save. Also you can use the punisher target to win a phase in fight mode or a phase in the mode after you get the ball into the whirlpool after the drop down targets.

If you are having difficulty with the Whirlpool shot in fight mode or the 'fight' lane in the other mode, then it might be easier target
                      Otherwise I didn't find anything else really useful for that shot.

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                        Writer of Guides
                        • Apr 2011

Nice info guys, yeh haven't had much time writing up the Guide due to all the Christmas stuff im doing at home... yep I know its early but I like to do things early lol.

I think il set up the Guide something like this -

- Cap/IM Mechanics & Modes etc.

- Cap Mechanics & Modes etc.

- IM Mechanices & Modes etc.

- Wedding Party Wizard Mode
                        sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                        *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• brighton rock
                          • Nov 2011

Okay, I just bucked up for the table, and while I think it's enjoyable, I also think it takes the multiple hero table pretty much as far as it can go. I hope from here on out we go back to singular hero tables.

While the team-up (and against) tables are novel, they're also a bit of a mess, thematically speaking. And from that standpoint, I enjoy the single hero tables a lot more.

Comment

Pinball Wizard
                            • Sep 2011

I love how you can play each new game with a different character, and then they have their own unique things going on in the table. This was an AWESOME idea. I hope we see more of that kind of stuff in the future.

Comment

• brighton rock
                              • Nov 2011

Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter

Comment

• Rafie
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by brighton rock
                                Well, there are a lot of new faces that I hope do get their own table and their own opportunity to shine (Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer, Black Widow, etc) without all the clutter
                                Don't forget the "Merc with the mouth" here!
                                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Working...