Thread: Slightly burned out on Marvel tables...

Default Slightly burned out on Marvel tables...

Am I the only one who is reaching the saturation point with the Marvel themed tables? I miss the Zen tables. In the last 12 months, Zen has released nine Marvel tables, and one non-Marvel table: Plants vs. Zombies. Or two, maybe? When did Epic Quest launch?

Either way, it's sort of getting old. Don't get me wrong, I love comics, and I love Marvel. I own thousands and thousands of Marvel Comics. I've got something like 400 issues of Iron Man sitting here, and even I'm tired of seeing him in pinball format.

What happened to designing stuff like Tesla, and Secrets of the Deep, and Extreme? There used to be a lot of variety, and Marvel tables were maybe half the output. Now it's all starting to look alike. Will there ever be another 4 pack of original Zen themed tables, or is it all going to be licensed material from now on?

If nothing else, please at least make the older Zen tables from the Xbox available on the Sony and Nintendo platforms. Those tables would go a long way to offsetting the overwhelming Marvel-ness of the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdrail View Post
    Am I the only one who is reaching the saturation point with the Marvel themed tables? I miss the Zen tables. In the last 12 months, Zen has released nine Marvel tables, and one non-Marvel table: Plants vs. Zombies. Or two, maybe? When did Epic Quest launch?

Either way, it's sort of getting old. Don't get me wrong, I love comics, and I love Marvel. I own thousands and thousands of Marvel Comics. I've got something like 400 issues of Iron Man sitting here, and even I'm tired of seeing him in pinball format.

What happened to designing stuff like Tesla, and Secrets of the Deep, and Extreme? There used to be a lot of variety, and Marvel tables were maybe half the output. Now it's all starting to look alike. Will there ever be another 4 pack of original Zen themed tables, or is it all going to be licensed material from now on?

If nothing else, please at least make the older Zen tables from the Xbox available on the Sony and Nintendo platforms. Those tables would go a long way to offsetting the overwhelming Marvel-ness of the last year.
    Zen has 12 non-Marvel tables in the works already. Me personally, I'm not tired of getting Marvel tables because there so much material that can come to fruition through the tables. Zen has done a fantastic job realizing that through these epic pinball tables. I can definitely sympathize with you on "Marvel burnout", however I'm very easy to please and Zen breaks their backs trying to please us. It's nothing wrong with what you're saying, so don't take this as I'm white-knighting for them or anything. We just got to be patient. There will be more tables coming that isn't Marvel. 2013 looks like a promising year for us.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Absolutely agree.

Also would prefer a more balanced selection, less Marvel, more original tables and tables based on other interesting non Marvel licences.Options are endless.Also hoping for tables that have a bit more edge than kiddie feel tables like Epic Quest and PvZ.Once again balance is key.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    ...Also hoping for tables that have a bit more edge than kiddie feel tables like Epic Quest and PvZ....
    I second that...
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

I agree. I really enjoy the Marvel tables, but have been wishing for more "regular" tables ever since Sorcerers Lair. While SL has a bit of a "kiddie" feel to it, it's not like Epic Quest or Pvs.Z.
    I love all the hard work Zen puts into the tables for us, but really wish they cycled the releases. Marvel, non-Marvel, Marvel, etc.

The good news for people looking for non-Marvel tables is that there's only one more confirmed to be in development - Doctor Strange. After that Marvel says its a wait-and-see approach. So just sit tight and be patient. Good things come to those who wait.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

yes i agree totally word for word and double that for Xbox tables on ps3

More originality with the Marvel roster would make a lot of difference.

Am I only one that would love some good, old vintage tables like the ones I was playing when I was a kid (which makes it the '70s )?

All mechanics, no digital effects with that lovely ding-ding-ding noise of the bumpers. Not to mention the "flap-flap-flap" sound of the scores raising!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    Am I only one that would love some good, old vintage tables like the ones I was playing when I was a kid (which makes it the '70s )?

All mechanics, no digital effects with that lovely ding-ding-ding noise of the bumpers. Not to mention the "flap-flap-flap" sound of the scores raising!!
    Then you may want to purchase The Pinball Arcade (TPA). Big Shot is the next table coming to consoles in a 2 table pack. That table right there is the epitome of a retro table with the "ding-ding-ding" sound that has no extra stuff going on and makes those sounds when the score raises. You can get it now if you have an IPad. I have it.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by lk12345gt View Post
    I agree. I really enjoy the Marvel tables, but have been wishing for more "regular" tables ever since Sorcerers Lair. While SL has a bit of a "kiddie" feel to it, it's not like Epic Quest or Pvs.Z.
    I love all the hard work Zen puts into the tables for us, but really wish they cycled the releases. Marvel, non-Marvel, Marvel, etc.
    Space Walk agrees.
    When talking about the unknown... Anything is possible.

I remember those like it was yesterday. Our bowling alley had like 30 of them and video arcade was just coming out like pacman etc. I would love to see zen make a few tables with more drop targets and less ramps. How about the loud bang sound when one would get free game (special) I miss all those old sounds and a ton of quarters in your pocket. I'll never forget paragon in 78.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Then you may want to purchase The Pinball Arcade (TPA). Big Shot is the next table coming to consoles in a 2 table pack. That table right there is the epitome of a retro table with the "ding-ding-ding" sound that has no extra stuff going on and makes those sounds when the score raises. You can get it now if you have an IPad. I have it.
    The term your looking for is EM (Electro Mechanical) Machine.

As for the OP's question, I'm not burned out by Marvel tables. Many of the Marvel tables have some very innovative ideas, that I just don't see in their original works.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-21-2012 at 05:42 PM.

What are the Xbox tables?
    I would def get them if they were released for PS3.
    PSN- LeeStone71

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    More originality with the Marvel roster would make a lot of difference.
    It is hard to walk 5 feet anymore without running into the Avengers. I am certainly happier to see people like Moon Knight and Doctor Strange and (deeply beloved) Adam Warlock than Iron Man and Thor, at this point. I like a lot of the Marvel tables, in general. I'm just saying the balance is getting a little wonky.

I probably wouldn't even be starting this conversation if Farsight put even half the effort into their work that Zen does with theirs. But Zen's "Xbox 8" tend to be a bit more toned down in this regard than most of the newer stuff. Extreme, for example, would probably be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    The good news for people looking for non-Marvel tables is that there's only one more confirmed to be in development - Doctor Strange. After that Marvel says its a wait-and-see approach. So just sit tight and be patient. Good things come to those who wait.
    I don't think we're even done with Iron Man tables. I keep reading that Dark Reign is coming up. Crawl back in your bottle, Stark! I'm tired of seeing your shiny metal face! lol

Despite my rally for more non-Marvel tables, I'll still be happy to see Dr. Strange.

I'm not burned out on the Marvel ones just yet, probably cause I'm a Marvel fanboy and that's what I was playing originally before it was all gathered under one umbrella in Zen 2. I did start dipping into some of the non-marvel tables recently out of curiosity and now enjoying them and what they have to offer. Love the Epic Quest table particularly.
    PSN - TysonBane

Like others, I'm not burnt out from Marvel tables, and I'm not even the biggest fanboy or anything (I don't own a single comic book), and no, I'm not 7 years old, either Like Shogun said, the innovation in some of these tables largely surpasses some of Zen's original work, but that's ok, because I'm sure the later tables will be something great.

I'm burnt out with seeing only marvel tables being released time after time. I have no interest in Marvel tables and haven't bought a single one and only demoed a couple when I was bored.

Hell I'd love the option to hide them from the main menu as they just clutter up the screen and as I said I have NO interest in them, but Zen continue to shove them in my face and I continue to lose interest in Zen.

Worse still, FF and CA tables cost more than other tables. And other Marvel tables are in "Packs" so if I ever was interested in one table I wouldn't buy it because I'm forced to buy 3 others I wouldn't be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    I'm burnt out with seeing only marvel tables being released time after time. I have no interest in Marvel tables and haven't bought a single one and only demoed a couple when I was bored.

Hell I'd love the option to hide them from the main menu as they just clutter up the screen and as I said I have NO interest in them, but Zen continue to shove them in my face and I continue to lose interest in Zen.

Worse still, FF and CA tables cost more than other tables. And other Marvel tables are in "Packs" so if I ever was interested in one table I wouldn't buy it because I'm forced to buy 3 others I wouldn't be interested in.
    All I can tell you is to give them a chance. You don't have to be a fan of comics/superheroes to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    All I can tell you is to give them a chance. You don't have to be a fan of comics/superheroes to enjoy them.
    Agreed. I have no interest in Marvel but I find most of the tables to be quite awesome, especially Blade and Infinity Gauntlet.

Great topic Thirdrail. I don't know who to quote on this

Yes, the marvel tables are nice (and i don't like the marvel franchise at all - infact i hate it (no hard feelings i hope), but i sure like zen pinball) So yes, i'd too like to see something new.

The option to remove demo's and even tables you acquired are essential indeed.
    It would also be great if tables could be re-arranged to ones specific preference/need e.g.
    1 Blade 2 Plants vs zobies 3 sorcerers lair, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Engage View Post
    Great topic Thirdrail. I don't know who to quote on this

Yes, the marvel tables are nice (and i don't like the marvel franchise at all - infact i hate it (no hard feelings i hope), but i sure like zen pinball) So yes, i'd too like to see something new.

The option to remove demo's and even tables you acquired are essential indeed.
    It would also be great if tables could be re-arranged to ones specific preference/need e.g.
    1 Blade 2 Plants vs zobies 3 sorcerers lair, etc
    The option to organize the tables would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron2000 View Post
    Agreed. I have no interest in Marvel but I find most of the tables to be quite awesome, especially Blade and Infinity Gauntlet.
    Actually, after making that post I went and played some of the tables. I admit I was rather disappointed, they just seemed to be ramp-fests with animated characters, which indicates where most of the work went. Maybe it was because the time limits for the demos are ridiculously short, but I wasn't really interested in most of them. "Fear Itself" and "Iron Man" seemed interesting, but they were again is part of pack, so making me pay £8 for each table.

FF especially, rows of ramps and targets and no real feedback on what I was doing. It seems when Zen is forced to do something original is when their best tables come out imo.

Actually, after making that post I went and played some of the tables. I admit I was rather disappointed, they just seemed to be ramp-fests with animated characters, which indicates where most of the work went. Maybe it was because the time limits for the demos are ridiculously short, but I wasn't really interested in most of them. "Fear Itself" and "Iron Man" seemed interesting, but they were again is part of pack, so making me pay £8 for each table.

FF especially, rows of ramps and targets and no real feedback on what I was doing. It seems when Zen is forced to do something original is when their best tables come out imo.
    I do agree that their original tables are more fun. But I also wouldn't categorize all the Marvel tables as "ramp-fests" but there are a few. Like I said before, Blade and Infinity Gauntlet are both impressive with diverse missions. Additionally, Avengers, Civil War, Fear Itself, and Moon Knight have some interesting aspects.
    Last edited by Dorktron2000; 11-21-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I do agree that their original tables are more fun. But I also wouldn't categorize all the Marvel tables and "ramp-fests" but there are a few. Like I said before, Blade and Infinity Gauntlet are both impressive with diverse missions. Additionally, Avengers, Civil War, Fear Itself, and Moon Knight have some interesting aspects.
    +1, what tables did you really try? I'm guessing WWH, dat ramp-fest lmao

I like the Marvel tables, but agree that Zen really needs to get more non-Marvel tables out soon. That said, I'm real excited for the Doctor Strange table. If Zen could focus on more obscure characters like Sub-Mariner or Howard the Duck, I'd appreciate the variety and I think sales would actually increase. At this point, they probably captured all the Iron Man and Captain America fans they can.

+1, what tables did you really try? I'm guessing WWH, dat ramp-fest lmao
    Actually I just tried that now lol. In one hole, out the other. Nah what I meant was tables which are just basically a semicircle of ramps and targets with characters jumping around. PvZ fits in here too. Moon Knight feels the same way, very bland.

imo, the "Original Pack" is the best of them. ANd yet the 2 lone boards (CA and FF) that cost more are the ones I like the least XD

I admit that the theme does play a part for me a bit, there's not point playing a board where you're not actually interested in what you're doing. Tis why "Hero Quest" gets a big no for me, because the VO and theme just annoy me. And being not only British and female, Marvel is almost completely irrelevant to me XD

I also got bored and tried "Pinball Arcade". That didn't last long.

Moon Knight feels the same way, very bland.
    I thought that too after a few plays. Then I really got into it and the table has some surprises. And Pinball Arcade sucks. Stay away.

Try Infinity Gauntlet.
    Last edited by Dorktron2000; 11-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.

+1 I really don't see why some people don't like the Marvel tables. I can't get enough of them. As long as Zen makes them, I'll buy them. No matter what license it is.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I'll buy them. No matter what license it is.
    Perhaps a My Little Pony license would whet your appetite.

I'd totally buy it just to show my sister if anything, but I'm sure I'd actually play it too

Lol, Hasbro would just looooove that idea. Zen would also probably make a killing, but as I said above, given Zen's recent offerings, I wouldn't hold much hope that any licensed or original table will be amazing.

I don't mind having Marvel tables, it's just that NOW most of the tables in Zen Pinball are Marvel tables. And clearly from the cries here, people want something else.

I think Zen have clearly run out of ideas for boards with the Marvel series and should focus on something different for awhile.

Again, I can only base this on the demos of the tables, it's not my fault that Zen have really short time limits on them.

Lol, Hasbro would just looooove that idea. Zen would also probably make a killing, but as I said above, given Zen's recent offerings, I wouldn't hold much hope that any licensed or original table will be amazing.

I don't mind having Marvel tables, it's just that NOW most of the tables in Zen Pinball are Marvel tables. And clearly from the cries here, people want something else.

I think Zen have clearly run out of ideas for boards with the Marvel series and should focus on something different for awhile.

Again, I can only base this on the demos of the tables, it's not my fault that Zen have really short time limits on them.
    Run out of ideas? How can you, with millions of comics? It's not that, its just that we don't know what's in the contract between Zen and Marvel. There might be a certain number of tables that were supposed to be produced, who knows. Anyways, like others have said in this thread, Zen has 12 non-Marvel tables in the works, so there's nothing to fret about, really.

I'd totally buy it just to show my sister if anything, but I'm sure I'd actually play it too
    Pffft, I bet you have ponies on your computer somewhere.

I wouldn't say no to a MLP board, I'm not a serious fan by any stretch, I just like the idea and concept of the Lauren Faust remake. The series itself is pretty bad and merchandise even worse (lol, they still look like G1 Ponies). In the end it's an interesting distraction every once in awhile.

I wouldn't say no to some anime-themed boards either, but you have to pick the license carefully to make sure you can do something interesting with it. Yuri Yuri or Nichijou would be a bad idea. But Sgt Frog or even Cardcaptor Sakura would have enough material and action to create fairly decent tables.

In the end, this is a discussion for the Ideas Thread. Something Zen seems to be ignoring imo :P

In the end, this is a discussion for the Ideas Thread. Something Zen seems to be ignoring imo :P
    Keep in mind that it can take up to 9 months to make a table, from what I remember hearing on these boards, so I'd say it's too early to assume that they are ignoring our suggestions

I'm massively burnt out on the Marvel theme. I just can't stand them any more and don't even consider them "real" Zen tables. I couldn't even finish all 3 balls on Civil War because I found it so unappealing, just exited out during my 2nd ball. Dr. Strange I might be interested in simply because there's a slight chance that it won't look like a "Marvel table" (like Blade).

I hope to God there really is only one Marvel table left because honestly it doesn't even matter to me how great the table design might be, if it's Marvel then I'm pretty much not interested. But I would pay them triple for the 360 tables (or more themes like them).

Please Zen, give us interesting tables again.

You got jokes....

I would still play the hell out of a My Little Pony table though.

Anything Zen makes pinball wise is a sure fire win.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

You got jokes....

I would still play the hell out of a My Little Pony table though.

Anything Zen makes pinball wise is a sure fire win.
    Captain Caveman table?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    Captain Caveman table?
    Barbie Table?

Yeah... I'm so over it as well. Just the theme that is... each table I still play on merit of the layout and game modes and difficulty. I have no idea what is going on in Civil War, I have gotten the Achievement (5 min), beaten the wizard mode once and scored a billion (there is a trick involved where you can score high without much risk... lets see who else can figure it out ). So... that is me basically done with the table. I'll still play it a couple of times more just to at least complete each and every game mode (of which there really aren't many) and play through wizard mode twice (once as each side)... and that will be it... unless I try to get a Billion without using any tricks .

I love many of the Marvel tables - because they are quality and a challenge and really do something different like Moon Knight, X-Men, Infinity Gauntlet, Fear Itself, F4, Blade - each one is unique and challenging with interesting gameplay dynamics. So... give us a bit of a break (like a really long one!) and bring on some other themes... even My little pony would do

When is the next table coming Zen... hopefully by Christmas and hopefully it is non-Marvel.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Youtube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Captain Caveman table?
    Any Hanna Barbera table would do.

Barbie Table?
    Maybe J.E.M.?!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about how Marvelous things have become lately, but please, seriously, don't use my thread to bash Zen. They do more for pinball than everyone else put together these days. Their quality control is astounding, and they obviously spend a lot of time trying to come up with new things. The new Civil War table might not be my favorite, for example, but I can see how much work and thought went into constructing it.

The point I was trying to make here was just that we've wandered so far down the Marvel Marvel Marvel path that it feels like everything else is being eclipsed. ZP2 doesn't have the foundation of true Zen tables that Pinball FX2 does, so it can be a little overwhelming. I've never stopped buying the new tables as soon as I could, because I believe in what Zen doing, even if I know/suspect I'm going to be back on Tesla, Earth Defense, and Moon Knight an hour later.

I'd agree that it has become a little rampy lately! When I play the older stuff, most of the tables feel like they have more variety in the mechanics. I miss things like the Junkyard wrecking ball in Secrets of the Deep, and the Twilight Zone-y magnet thing on Tesla.

I would love to see some girly tables, whether it was the ponies, Miku, Barbie, or something original. Anything bright and colourful fills my Vita's OLED screen with love and happiness. (One of the reasons I continually lobby for Extreme on Vita, incidentally, aside from adoring the table.)

Their quality control is astounding
    Ummm, wut? Don't get me wrong, I have every table, and have been playing since ZP1, and have had consoles since the original ATARI (still have one)... but come on! have you ever seen a game filled with more bugs than any of zen's? ZP1, Marvel, ZP2... bugs bugs bugs, the worst being game-ending glitches. At least there aren't as many with ZP2, but I couldn't even play single player anymore on Marvel after having game after game where I would end up with no ball on the table and have to turn the PS3 off... bugs vary from the scoring system (game points, pro points, multiplayer points) to in game glitches, to ball losing bugs, to game ending glitches... sorry, I couldn't walk away from that comment. I will continue to play and buy tables, knowing that it will be far from perfect.

Maybe J.E.M.?!
    *grabs the matches again*

Sorry, habit.

Maybe J.E.M.?!
    I'd play the hell out of a Jem and the Holograms table. Outrageous! :P

What next? SHE-RA: Princess of Power ???

LOL You all know you would play those tables. Hahaha Again..I would play ANY table Zen puts out. Even if its a Care Bears table!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    Ummm, wut? Don't get me wrong, I have every table, and have been playing since ZP1, and have had consoles since the original ATARI (still have one)... but come on! have you ever seen a game filled with more bugs than any of zen's? ZP1, Marvel, ZP2... bugs bugs bugs, the worst being game-ending glitches. At least there aren't as many with ZP2, but I couldn't even play single player anymore on Marvel after having game after game where I would end up with no ball on the table and have to turn the PS3 off... bugs vary from the scoring system (game points, pro points, multiplayer points) to in game glitches, to ball losing bugs, to game ending glitches... sorry, I couldn't walk away from that comment. I will continue to play and buy tables, knowing that it will be far from perfect.
    Compared to The Pinball Arcade it is. Seriously, the Vita version of Pinball Arcade has so many glitches, bugs and errors that it is near unplayable. And the best part is they seem to have absolutely zero interest in fixing any of it.

but come on! have you ever seen a game filled with more bugs than any of zen's?
    Yes! Play The Pinball Arcade and watch the ball go through the flipper X number of times. At least, when it comes to Zen the majority (98%) of the bugs are just minor. I can still play the table without fear of the ball going through the flipper.

oh wow... that is unacceptable and someone should have to answer to Sony for that, or it shouldnt have been released in the first place. Isn't there some sort of standard that has to be met or can anyone just release a bug filled game?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Yes! Play The Pinball Arcade and watch the ball go through the flipper X number of times. At least, when it comes to Zen the majority (98%) of the bugs are just minor. I can still play the table without fear of the ball going through the flipper.
    +1+1+1+1+1+1 This is very true. I love TPA, but its most definitely the buggiest pinball I have ever played. I do play on both the 360 and PS3...oh and the new IPad. I can't count how many bugs I run into.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Compared to The Pinball Arcade it is. Seriously, the Vita version of Pinball Arcade has so many glitches, bugs and errors that it is near unplayable. And the best part is they seem to have absolutely zero interest in fixing any of it.
    I have stopped purchasing Pinball Arcade table packs, as with each new update, they seem to fix a bunch of things and go a break a whole load more. I've never played such a bug filled console game before (I didn't buy Skyrim obviously). EU gets a raw deal too as we still have some of the bugs that were eradicated two versions ago in the NA release. I realise authentic emulation is a tricky business but they seem more interested in churning out new table packs instead of fixing the ones already released :-(

The developers just seem to be spreading themselves way too thin to cope and now they are talking about adding Wii U support and Windows Phone 8!!!

It's so disappointing as I love the concept of what they are trying to do.

Yeah, as a Vita player it's pretty disheartening. The CV table is flat out unplayable. It was just one bug after another. I really hope TPA gets their glitches fixed soon, but I'm waiting for them to do so before buying any more tables.

While TPA is the single glitchiest game I've ever owned, I have to give honorable mention to the Lego games for a truly stunning assortment of glitches over the entire series. I remember having a recurring problem in the 3DS Harry Potter Years 5-7 where your character's spells would start shooting from random spots on the screen instead of the character's wand. It's pretty ridiculous watching your character him himself with a spell when he's aiming at a dementor across the screen. There was another glitch in that game that stopped me from collecting the last item I needed for getting 100% because Harry kept going through it instead of being able to touch it. There were other strange glitches all over the place too.

oh wow... that is unacceptable and someone should have to answer to Sony for that, or it shouldnt have been released in the first place. Isn't there some sort of standard that has to be met or can anyone just release a bug filled game?
    Nope! Sony's certification only focuses on harmful bugs or bugs that have the potential to be harmful. Amy is a great example of a buggy game, but it still past since none of the bugs are harmful to the system.

The ball through flipper glitch on Pinball Arcade doesn't happen often, but it does happen occasionally. It's an emulator issue, because PinMAME (PC) suffers from the same thing from time to time.

...have you ever seen a game filled with more bugs than any of zen's? ZP1, Marvel, ZP2... bugs bugs bugs, the worst being game-ending glitches.
    I gotta stick up for Zen here. Not because there aren't any bugs/glitches, there are, but I have seen way worse and seen them on Sony's AAA titles. God of War 3 locked up, froze, had Kratos walk through walls, get stuck on walls, and even had a glitch that made a new game + possible when it shouldn't have been that was later patched while the bad bugs were left untouched o_O

The new Twisted Metal that launched earlier this year was a freaking nightmare, especially online multiplayer. I ended up trading it in after two weeks it was so bad. Even the LEGO LOTR game I bought last week had to be reset twice already because of stupid bugs. I've only had one game-breaking glitch on Zen/Marvel pinball and that was on Infinity Gauntlet after ZP2 launched.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by iCub View Post
    I have stopped purchasing Pinball Arcade table packs, as with each new update, they seem to fix a bunch of things and go a break a whole load more.
    Farsight is at least partially to blame for my Marvel burn out. If The Pinball Arcade weren't a clunky, half broken, cell phone game (that seems to be taking place in lunar gravity) there would still be a Yin to Zen's Yang. Instead it's basically Zen Pinball 2 or go find a real pinball table somewhere.

but come on! have you ever seen a game filled with more bugs than any of zen's?
    Caper.. Sorry. But what in hell are you talking about?

Did you ever ever touch a a Bethesda RPG? Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim! Especially the last one killed my PS3's filesystem at least half a dozen times. They glitch, they freeze the PS3, they exit to the XMB. The frame rate drop can get horrible, 1 fps, the game save of a guy raised up to 92MB. Some missions do not end and.. I could keep going on for all night!

Compared to that Zen games are as aseptic as an hospital. Never had a freeze, for example. All bugs I had are minor glitches.

Nope! Sony's certification only focuses on harmful bugs or bugs that have the potential to be harmful. Amy is a great example of a buggy game, but it still past since none of the bugs are harmful to the system..
    Harmful to Sony, though. I am pretty sure at this point that Sony certification doesn't give a heck about how a game performs. I believe they are only interested about how it can make an hole in the system, to allow the installation of unauthorized code, mess up with other thing PSN related. Otherwise Skyrim would have never ever passed the certification. That game has been really a joke.

Instead ZP2 has been delayed for weeks. Why? Because it had to do with the PS Store and the import tool wasn't perfect. Of which, if I may, I should say that it is totally a waste of time. I just restored my hdd since it failed a couple of months ago and I received the replacement just a couple of days ago (I am still downloading games, actually). And so I had to redownload all ZP2 tables. What's the point of the import tool? It is much faster to put all games in the trolley from the PS Store and then download them in once. In background. With the import tool one has to import them one by one, waiting for each one to be downloaded. Crazy.

Instead ZP2 has been delayed for weeks. Why? Because it had to do with the PS Store and the import tool wasn't perfect. Of which, if I may, I should say that it is totally a waste of time. I just restored my hdd since it failed a couple of months ago and I received the replacement just a couple of days ago (I am still downloading games, actually). And so I had to redownload all ZP2 tables. What's the point of the import tool? It is much faster to put all games in the trolley from the PS Store and then download them in once. In background. With the import tool one has to import them one by one, waiting for each one to be downloaded. Crazy.
    Well, there are two parts to the Import Feature. One part is in the game itself and the other is on the backend of the PSN. You know, the part where it recognizes that you purchased the previous version of the table(s) and marks the ZP2 version as Free. That was probably the part that wasn't working correctly. Heck, it didn't work properly for the Fantastic Four table.

I don't mind the odd Marvel table, but I agree this subject has now received enough attention from Zen and it is time to move on. Zen will have artistic constraints on how they represent the games when dealing with this franchise, plus there will be numerous royalty payments they need to pass on to the gamers for something they may or may not be interested in. Civil War is the most expensive single table to date, and while it remains good value it seems fairly standard Zen fare to the non Marvel fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NobbNutts View Post
    I don't mind the odd Marvel table, but I agree this subject has now received enough attention from Zen and it is time to move on. Zen will have artistic constraints on how they represent the games when dealing with this franchise, plus there will be numerous royalty payments they need to pass on to the gamers for something they may or may not be interested in. Civil War is the most expensive single table to date, and while it remains good value it seems fairly standard Zen fare to the non Marvel fan.
    Nice input.
    When talking about the unknown... Anything is possible.

Civil War is the most expensive single table to date, and while it remains good value it seems fairly standard Zen fare to the non Marvel fan.
    No, it isn't! Captain America, Fantastic Four and Plants vs Zombies are also at the same price. The price increase is across the board. All future individual tables will be be the same way. Table Pack are exception to the rule, since you are buying a bundle.

Table price went up? I swore individual tables were $2.99 when I first got ZP, I know they were $2.99 when I got ZP2.

Quote Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
    Table price went up? I swore individual tables were $2.99 when I first got ZP, I know they were $2.99 when I got ZP2.
    I can see where the confusion is coming from. All of the tables that were on ZP1 and MP were transferred over to ZP2 with the same price tag. All ZP1 add-ons are $2.49, while the table packs (4 tables each) are $9.99. The $2.99 price wasn't introduced until F4 released out on MP. All individual tables (F4, CA, PvZ and Civil War) since then have been releasing out for $2.99.

It should be noted that NobbNutts lives in Europe and prices there could be different from the US.

I can see where the confusion is coming from. All of the tables that were on ZP1 and MP were transferred over to ZP2 with the same price tag. All ZP1 add-ons are $2.49, while the table packs (4 tables each) are $9.99. The $2.99 price wasn't introduced until F4 released out on MP. All individual tables (F4, CA, PvZ and Civil War) since then have been releasing out for $2.99.

It should be noted that NobbNutts lives in Europe and prices there could be different from the US.
    Ok, Europe/US would make sense.

My comment on this was mainly because I don't think I bought single tables when ZP came out. I would have bought them in bundles. I bought all the individual ones, and the marvel bundles, since ZP2 came out. Maybe I didn't notice a price change because I didn't see 50 cents as a big deal.

Are you kidding me? A lot of the community's suggestions get implemented. I wouldn't take it personally that just because you suggested a table a week ago, we aren't making it right away. I've said it before and I'll say it again... we're a small team, these things take time. We are working on lots of new projects right now, just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Are you kidding me? A lot of the community's suggestions get implemented. I wouldn't take it personally that just because you suggested a table a week ago, we aren't making it right away. I've said it before and I'll say it again... we're a small team, these things take time. We are working on lots of new projects right now, just be patient.
    Hey Barbie =)

When do you think we will hear news about the new license you guys are working on?

Hey Barbie =)

When do you think we will hear news about the new license you guys are working on?
    Not sure, maybe early next year? Don't quote me on that

...oops.
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo99 View Post
    ...oops.
    LOL! Well played my friend. Well played.

Ah yes, the classic time warp between reality and the internet.

Someone comes up with a suggest and they assume it can be applied 2-4 weeks later. In reality, it takes 9 months to make a table and the number ideas/suggestions are in the hundreds (if not thousands).

Actually that was a bit misdirected anger at all the marvel tables, sorry. I also prolly meant gameplay suggestions, not just table suggestions. From better button configs, ability to hide tables, portrait mode etc.

Maybe you should make a non-table suggestions thread for it all to go in In the end you can ignore table ideas all you want, some of them are probably there just for a laugh, but don't ignore the fact that people ARE getting bored of Marvel boards :3

EDIT: In the end I don't have any mean intentions, and was probably trying to be joking. I'm sorry if I come across as mean. Not very good at the whole... social... talking... making myself understood... thing...
    Last edited by Pyrii; 11-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Hi folks, just to explain, I'm in the UK on the euro servers. We paid USD $3.82 for Civil War. This is still exceptional value and I am not complaining, but it did seem more expensive than the old ZP1 individual tables (USD $2.54). Also, the other ZP2 table Plants vs. Zombies is USD $3.18

Pathetic, I know, I'm not whinging about a measly 64 cents, but my point is that is actually 17% of the costs going to a franchise which many of us aren't too concerned with. Still pathetic though

but don't ignore the fact that people ARE getting bored of Marvel boards :3
    Not sure a few posts on a forum are representative.Sometimes they are, often enough they aren't.The only thing that is representative to Zen is how many tables are being sold.If the Marvel tables are outperforming the other tables then it makes sense to ride the Marvel wave.And the Marvel tables that are great like Infinity Gauntlet, Fear Itself, Moon Knight or Blade are without a doubt among the best tables overall.In fact all of them are fun.I'd be happy if more Marvel tables are in the pipeline but i also want original Zen tables and surprises.A healthy balance and variety.Or otherwise just drop the name Zen and go with Marvel Pinball entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    Or otherwise just drop the name Zen and go with Marvel Pinball entirely.
    Funny you say that. The Marvel name alone kept me from ever buying or even trying Marvel Pinball even though I knew it was from Zen. Hopefully they don't go back to it.

Actually that was a bit misdirected anger at all the marvel tables, sorry. I also prolly meant gameplay suggestions, not just table suggestions. From better button configs, ability to hide tables, portrait mode etc.

Maybe you should make a non-table suggestions thread for it all to go in In the end you can ignore table ideas all you want, some of them are probably there just for a laugh, but don't ignore the fact that people ARE getting bored of Marvel boards :3

EDIT: In the end I don't have any mean intentions, and was probably trying to be joking. I'm sorry if I come across as mean. Not very good at the whole... social... talking... making myself understood... thing...
    No worries We are aware that a vocal minority are getting worn out on the whole Marvel thing, and I've said before that we're working on other stuff, so don't worry too much. When I send my report to the team, I send every suggestion we get via the forums/Twitter/Facebook/blog/email. We have a huge list of stuff we'd like to do and an even bigger list of stuff we need to do. Unfortunately some things take priority over others and we aren't able to do everything we want to. My point is that I don't want people to feel like we aren't listening, because we definitely are. Please keep suggesting features and table ideas! It just takes time to get things done and we have to prioritize in order to bring you new tables on a fairly regular basis.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Funny you say that. The Marvel name alone kept me from ever buying or even trying Marvel Pinball even though I knew it was from Zen. Hopefully they don't go back to it.
    You missed out on alot of quality Tables like Blade, Fantastic Four, Fear Itself, Moon Knight & Infinity Gauntlet etc. Don't let a name stop you from enjoying a Table, the Theme of the Table isn't even half the fun of playing a Table imo.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Don't let a name stop you from enjoying a Table, the Theme of the Table isn't even half the fun of playing a Table imo.
    Indeed! The flow and balance are far more important. Heck, my favorite pinball table of all time (Roller Games) is a skating theme and I've never really cared much for skating.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    You missed out on alot of quality Tables like Blade, Fantastic Four, Fear Itself, Moon Knight & Infinity Gauntlet etc. Don't let a name stop you from enjoying a Table, the Theme of the Table isn't even half the fun of playing a Table imo.
    Preach!!! I've only ever heard of Moonknight and never even read a comic about him, but the table is phenomenal and actually made me go and read MoonKnight! It's incredible!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82