Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: FACT: Vita has ZERO Multiplayer -- it does not work and Zen has not addressed it yet.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    17

    Default FACT: Vita has ZERO Multiplayer -- it does not work and Zen has not addressed it yet.

    I made a post a while back praising the Z2 on the Vita and I still stand by that praise of the single player game.

    The multiplayer however was an issue I brought up and I had thought maybe it was just bad timing. I can confirm 100% that the multiplayer for Z2 on the Vita does not work period. I have some friends who also own a Vita/PS3s and Z2 and we tried to get into a game. All of us logged on. No one was able to pull a multiplayer even when selecting the same table options and criteria with many choices from both systems. Not one game pulled up for us on our Vita.

    During Quickplay for instance it went immediately to the default option of creating a game for us without even searching for one of us who had a game created.

    When creating a game no one joined or was able to join.

    Could someone from the Zen team that is an actual developer and not a board moderator (nothing personal Barb you do a great job) please just come forward to address this and be up front if Zen is going to fix this or if this is simply just a feature that will not be available and should be ignored?

    One of the decisions I made to purchase a Vita quite honestly was to have Z2 on the go and late at night to enjoy the multiplayer. I love the game that much. It is a bummer that the one option I was truly looking forward to does not work almost two months later.

    If Z2 is simply going to be just a single player game on the Vita not offering the cross play as promised please remove the multiplayer option from your advertising and from the menus within the Vita port.

    I would greatly appreciate some straight forward candor instead of the canned response that it's being worked on. Like a real time table if that is true.

    Thanks.
    XBLA: Opalsuns
    PSN: The_Perfects
    EST and I am up late, add me if you can'f find anyone in the wee hours of the evening

  2. #2

    Default

    The team doesn't generally have time to peruse the forums (ya know, kinda busy with making pinball tables and all.. haha) but I will make sure they see this post.

  3. #3
    Senior Member hunter328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    That's got to be frustrating. I works for me though and must work for the people I've been playing. I hope your issue gets figured out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    I've tried twice now, and no luck on my end, either. Never finds any hosts when the PS3 version does, and if I try a quick match, it'll just make a new room with me being the host, in which no one will join because it doesn't work.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I've tried twice now, and no luck on my end, either. Never finds any hosts when the PS3 version does, and if I try a quick match, it'll just make a new room with me being the host, in which no one will join because it doesn't work.
    Maybe a NAT issue? I imagine the vita has a network settings menu. Does it show NAT type? If so, what does it say?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rafie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Same thing here. I just tried not too long ago and I couldn't get into a multiplayer match.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

    Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

  7. #7
    Junior Member Gustauve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edwardsville, IL
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brussels_Crow View Post
    I made a post a while back praising the Z2 on the Vita and I still stand by that praise of the single player game.

    The multiplayer however was an issue I brought up and I had thought maybe it was just bad timing. I can confirm 100% that the multiplayer for Z2 on the Vita does not work period. I have some friends who also own a Vita/PS3s and Z2 and we tried to get into a game. All of us logged on. No one was able to pull a multiplayer even when selecting the same table options and criteria with many choices from both systems. Not one game pulled up for us on our Vita.

    During Quickplay for instance it went immediately to the default option of creating a game for us without even searching for one of us who had a game created.

    When creating a game no one joined or was able to join.

    Could someone from the Zen team that is an actual developer and not a board moderator (nothing personal Barb you do a great job) please just come forward to address this and be up front if Zen is going to fix this or if this is simply just a feature that will not be available and should be ignored?

    One of the decisions I made to purchase a Vita quite honestly was to have Z2 on the go and late at night to enjoy the multiplayer. I love the game that much. It is a bummer that the one option I was truly looking forward to does not work almost two months later.

    If Z2 is simply going to be just a single player game on the Vita not offering the cross play as promised please remove the multiplayer option from your advertising and from the menus within the Vita port.

    I would greatly appreciate some straight forward candor instead of the canned response that it's being worked on. Like a real time table if that is true.

    Thanks.
    Not sure if anyone has answered this (my search turned up nothing) but I discovered that I had too log out of PSN on my PS3 before matches would show up on the Vita. Hope this helps.

  8. #8
    ROD
    Guest

    Default


    Does anybody else think that ZP multiplayer is a waste of time? When I play in a tournament (on machines) I don't feel rushed because I need to get a certain amount of points before other players do in order to win. I take my time to control the ball & then I take a shot. In ZP multiplayer you're forced to take the hit-and-hope approach. That's def a player error. It would be ideal if ZP multiplayer was set up in a traditional tournament mode. So basically we could watch other players take their turns. If that ever happens then please send me an invit
    e.
    Last edited by ROD; 03-03-2013 at 06:35 AM.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Gustauve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edwardsville, IL
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROD View Post

    Does anybody else think that ZP multiplayer is a waste of time? When I play in a tournament (on machines) I don't feel rushed because I need to get a certain amount of points before other players do in order to win. I take my time to control the ball & then I take a shot. In ZP multiplayer you're forced to take the hit-and-hope approach. That's def a player error. It would be ideal if ZP multiplayer was set up in a traditional tournament mode. So basically we could watch other players take their turns. If that ever happens then please send me an invit
    e.
    I just started playing multiplayer and initially felt as you do. But after playing for a bit and enjoying it immensely I look at it as s different way to play. I try to find ways to score big quickly. It would be great if there was a way to create a mini tournament through the ui though.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    16

    Default

    As a matter of fact, i managed a few Online Multiplayer Games on Vita last week. I did everything like always and suddenly I found a few games, Star Wars Pinball of course.
    PSN:derKlaus | XBL:derKlaus

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    hey i thought i was the only one havin problems with the vita version.ive had the game since launch.both versions.and the vita multiplayer has never worked for me.i assumed it was because no one is playing the vita but if theres crossplay in multiplayer then the problem is obviously the vita.i hope this gets fixed soon

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    wow i didnt realize how old these posts are.and its still not fixed?can someone fix the vita multiplayer.thanx

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsynn View Post
    wow i didnt realize how old these posts are.and its still not fixed?can someone fix the vita multiplayer.thanx
    Are you sure the problem is not on your end? What is the NAT type displayed in the networks settings on your Vita? If you are trying to connect behind a router you might have open up some ports or enable UPnP. This website lists the ports that need to be open for first-party SCEA games https://support.us.playstation.com/a...a-port-numbers. I have no idea if Zen Pinball uses the same ports but if you are having NAT issues it might be a good place to start. As a last resort, you could also put your Vita in a DMZ.
    Last edited by surf1der; 04-30-2013 at 09:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    its nat 2.why does every other multiplayer vita game work but not this one?i dont really like screwin around with the router but thanx anyways for the quick response

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    815

    Default

    If it's NAT 2 then usually it is not a network issue on your end. I don't have a Vita so I'm out suggestions. My only other advice would be to give specifics about your difficulties with multiplayer so that Barbie (the community manager) might be able to assist you. For example, are you getting any error messages, is your session timing out, matchmaking difficulties, etc.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    no one i know has a vita so i havent got a chance to try to play with a friend but when i try to find a match i never find anyone.but when i try on ps3, no problem.all the issues the first guy said is basically whats happening to me.isnt there supposed to be crossplay? or does vita have its own multiplayer

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredsynn View Post
    no one i know has a vita so i havent got a chance to try to play with a friend but when i try to find a match i never find anyone.but when i try on ps3, no problem.all the issues the first guy said is basically whats happening to me.isnt there supposed to be crossplay? or does vita have its own multiplayer

    I can NEVER find anyone online on the PS Vita. Pinball is one of my
    favorite games on my Vita, and it sucks not to be able to play online multiplayer. My PSN ID is Chi-TownRidah. Please send me a buddy invite if you want to play online. Thank you.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Least the game works for USA! Here in Europe we have all paid for the Vita game and it doesn't even work nearly a week after release!

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default same issue

    I'm having the same cross-platform problem. If I send an invite to one of my friends on the PS3, they invite does not show up on ZP2 and if you go directly to the message, it doesn't let them join a game like it should. I have a NAT2 and no issues with other games.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11

    Cool

    Iam looking for vita friends that play zen pinball single player or multiplayer add me psn is blackryn0 p.s put in the notes that you play pinball so i know who you are

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •