Thread: Zen Pinball 2 "unexpectedly quits" on iMac

Default Zen Pinball 2 "unexpectedly quits" on iMac

Hi. I've got Zen Pinball 2 w/ 6 purchased tables on my iMac and suddenly it won't launch. I get an "Application Unexpectedly Quit" message whenever I try to start it up. It used to work fine. I haven't added any new tables, or new software since the last time I launched the game and it worked (just a few days ago). I fixed permission and restarted the iMac and it still won't launch. Normally I'd try and reinstall the software, but the game and all the tables are from the Mac App Store so i don't think that's an option.

I've got a 2009 iMac 3.06 GHZ, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i3, running 10.8.2

Thanks!

Dave

Hi, an update was released yesterday, try updating the software if you hadn't already, it might work.

You can delete the app and redownload and install it. The app store keeps track of your purchases. In fact, once you reinstall the app, run the program and there is a button that looks like a shopping cart on the bottom of the main menu screen. Hit that button and enter your mac app store password and it will automatically redownload all your purchased tables.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    You can delete the app and redownload and install it. The app store keeps track of your purchases. In fact, once you reinstall the app, run the program and there is a button that looks like a shopping cart on the bottom of the main menu screen. Hit that button and enter your mac app store password and it will automatically redownload all your purchased tables.
    I didn't realize I could trash a purchased app and re-download it - everything works again. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaRider View Post
    I didn't realize I could trash a purchased app and re-download it - everything works again. Thanks for your help!
    Glad it's working now! And yes, surf1der is correct. Apple has assured us that if you have to delete and redownload any content, you will not be charged again as long as you are using the same account.

Default Zen Pinball and the Marvel Tables app crash

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Referreing to this issue specifically, my app crashes when I try to open any of the Marvel tables. This app didnt crash before, and I suspect it's due to iOS Version 5.1.1 on my iPad 1. The tables and app did not crash before. Per your experience should I have to rest the factory settings of the iPad to attempt to fix this issue, any possible way to downgrade to 5.0 or 5.1.0? I think I have noticed this issue within other apps and the app store as well.