Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Got top 20 score in Hulk and got disc from XBOX live during the game - score gone

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default Got top 20 score in Hulk and got disc from XBOX live during the game - score gone

    Last night I was playing hulk and half way through the game it popped up - disconnected from xbox live.

    I did not think anything of it - it happens sometimes.

    I bested my high score of 995million and got 1.77 billion (top 20 score) - but the score is gone and not recorded on XBL or anywhere.

    From what I have read it seems if you disc from xbl - your score is lost forever??

    Please tell me it is not so. Please tell me if there is anything I could have done when I first dc'd?

    I am pretty heartbroken over it, but I was 100million shy of INDY RC RACER's score - who has the highest score on my friend list.

    I am now determined to crack 2 billion and go for a top 10 score - I just need to understand what happened here with the dc.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    It'll be saved locally, but because you weren't connected when you finished your game then the score won't have uploaded to the database. If you are on a mega score next time and you see the disconnected from xbox live message, be sure you reconnect before you finish your game. You could save your progress on the table if you feel more comfortable reconnecting by exiting the table.

    As far as a score on the online scoreboard, yes, that score is lost forever, but at least you have it locally.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    It'll be saved locally, but because you weren't connected when you finished your game then the score won't have uploaded to the database. If you are on a mega score next time and you see the disconnected from xbox live message, be sure you reconnect before you finish your game. You could save your progress on the table if you feel more comfortable reconnecting by exiting the table.

    As far as a score on the online scoreboard, yes, that score is lost forever, but at least you have it locally.
    wow ok - well now I know, I could have saved it then reconnected before finishing :/

    Ah well, I can do it again, and ideally get more this time

    Something to strive for.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Junior Member LK9T9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Play the table online again, just a short game with no new record is enough. Your highscore will be up to date sooner or later. It takes some time to register. Playing other tables should work too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LK9T9 View Post
    Play the table online again, just a short game with no new record is enough. Your highscore will be up to date sooner or later. It takes some time to register. Playing other tables should work too.
    This is incorrect. You must be connected when you finish your highscoring game. You only get one opportunity to upload a score and tat is right after the name entry in the dot matrix.

  6. #6
    Senior Member snakeman07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    This is incorrect. You must be connected when you finish your highscoring game. You only get one opportunity to upload a score and tat is right after the name entry in the dot matrix.
    Zen Pinball 2 can do otherwise. Too bad

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    This is incorrect. You must be connected when you finish your highscoring game. You only get one opportunity to upload a score and tat is right after the name entry in the dot matrix.
    I'm not so sure about this. I don't always have internet and right from the beginning of FX 2 I have been playing offline sometimes and then when I connect again I get my scores validated. Sometimes it takes a while, but it always updates to the highest score in you local leaderboard.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Discord server - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Hmm, I guess I may be wrong then. Just that it doesn't seem quite right. Thing is, I have never actually played in offline mode.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Eventually it gets validated.

  10. #10

    Default

    A friend of mine who doesn't have internet at home sometimes come to play on my console with his usb stick and his scores gets updated to the leaderboards, although you need to finish a game on each table you want updated .... at least that's how we do it but it definately work .... or worked , it's been a while since i haven't seen him !

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    328

    Default

    It's not lost, but it will take some time to register. Play that table some more, it eventually will appear. One game is not enough, in my experience, though .

    Inviato dal mio LG-E610 con Tapatalk 2
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

  12. #12
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    558

    Default

    I agree with Cloda et alii, I often play disconnected but never lost any high score. So don't worry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •