Thread: Got top 20 score in Hulk and got disc from XBOX live during the game - score gone

Default Got top 20 score in Hulk and got disc from XBOX live during the game - score gone

Last night I was playing hulk and half way through the game it popped up - disconnected from xbox live.

I did not think anything of it - it happens sometimes.

I bested my high score of 995million and got 1.77 billion (top 20 score) - but the score is gone and not recorded on XBL or anywhere.

From what I have read it seems if you disc from xbl - your score is lost forever??

Please tell me it is not so. Please tell me if there is anything I could have done when I first dc'd?

I am pretty heartbroken over it, but I was 100million shy of INDY RC RACER's score - who has the highest score on my friend list.

I am now determined to crack 2 billion and go for a top 10 score - I just need to understand what happened here with the dc.

Thanks

It'll be saved locally, but because you weren't connected when you finished your game then the score won't have uploaded to the database. If you are on a mega score next time and you see the disconnected from xbox live message, be sure you reconnect before you finish your game. You could save your progress on the table if you feel more comfortable reconnecting by exiting the table.

As far as a score on the online scoreboard, yes, that score is lost forever, but at least you have it locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    It'll be saved locally, but because you weren't connected when you finished your game then the score won't have uploaded to the database. If you are on a mega score next time and you see the disconnected from xbox live message, be sure you reconnect before you finish your game. You could save your progress on the table if you feel more comfortable reconnecting by exiting the table.

As far as a score on the online scoreboard, yes, that score is lost forever, but at least you have it locally.
    wow ok - well now I know, I could have saved it then reconnected before finishing :/

Ah well, I can do it again, and ideally get more this time

Something to strive for.

Thanks

Play the table online again, just a short game with no new record is enough. Your highscore will be up to date sooner or later. It takes some time to register. Playing other tables should work too.

Quote Originally Posted by LK9T9 View Post
    Play the table online again, just a short game with no new record is enough. Your highscore will be up to date sooner or later. It takes some time to register. Playing other tables should work too.
    This is incorrect. You must be connected when you finish your highscoring game. You only get one opportunity to upload a score and tat is right after the name entry in the dot matrix.

This is incorrect. You must be connected when you finish your highscoring game. You only get one opportunity to upload a score and tat is right after the name entry in the dot matrix.
    Zen Pinball 2 can do otherwise. Too bad

I'm not so sure about this. I don't always have internet and right from the beginning of FX 2 I have been playing offline sometimes and then when I connect again I get my scores validated. Sometimes it takes a while, but it always updates to the highest score in you local leaderboard.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Hmm, I guess I may be wrong then. Just that it doesn't seem quite right. Thing is, I have never actually played in offline mode.

Eventually it gets validated.

A friend of mine who doesn't have internet at home sometimes come to play on my console with his usb stick and his scores gets updated to the leaderboards, although you need to finish a game on each table you want updated .... at least that's how we do it but it definately work .... or worked , it's been a while since i haven't seen him !

It's not lost, but it will take some time to register. Play that table some more, it eventually will appear. One game is not enough, in my experience, though .

Inviato dal mio LG-E610 con Tapatalk 2
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

I agree with Cloda et alii, I often play disconnected but never lost any high score. So don't worry.