Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Zen Pinball 2 Coming to Nintendo Wii U eShop

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    That does seem to be the option that solves the issue. I wonder if local governments will start building roads that are exclusive to GM or Ford vehicles. Then if you really want to take that road to get where you are going, you just had to buy that make of car.
    I see your point, but don't you think it's a little extreme to compare something essential that we pay taxes for to a luxury item like a video game? Also - I'm very curious as to why people assume that each console should inherently get the same releases. Why is this? As a dev, we try to release all of our tables onto each platform when it makes sense to and is financially feasible. I feel like maybe we've spoiled some players by doing this and now they expect it from every company.

As for Nintendo, why are we all so shocked that there aren't many games for the Wii U right after launch? Looking back at the first year of the 3DS, I feel like we (gamers, not devs) should have known better than to expect Nintendo to deliver much this early on with Wii U. They haven't had a great track record for launch games, if memory serves, their original Japan launch of the NES only had three games. Three. It took a couple more years to come to NA and even then the list wasn't huge. I realize this was the mid 80s, but I think it does say something about how they time releases.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCXJk View Post
    What I really find odd is that there is a huge anticipation for the American release of Zen Pinball 2, considering pinball games are pretty much niche.

Also, I do hope American users are more sensible. The amounts of "It's not free, it's a demo" and "I was too lazy to read through the instructions to notice I also need the trials to play the tables" is a little bit too much to my taste.

Seriously, the first thing I did after purchasing was downloading the trials. You know, because it told me so during purchase. It's right before the "You need Zen Pinball 2 to use this content" screen, and after the "Are you sure you want to purchase these products" page. You even have to press "Accept" before you can see the aforementioned "You need Zen Pinball 2" screen, it's not even fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Well most of us here are already experience ZP2 players, so we know what to expect. You have to remember that this is the first time Nintendo has ever had ZP2, so a lot of them were confused by the "free" term. Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but I would have known that it wasn't "free" per se. Just the format is free. I knew that even before ZP2 dropped for the PS3. Zen didn't say anything about the tables being free. Otherwise it would have said: "Zen Pinball 2 is a free download, plus an added bonus of our Epic Quest table...absolutely free of charge" or something along those lines. Well I digress. No need to go further on about it.
    Yep. People see "free" and ignore everything else and then get mad because they didn't read the directions and aren't used to Nintendo offering a free download w/paid DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    A general pinball note here - I recently read that, in the last year orders for physical pinball machines from Stern has gone up by 30%.

In addition, there's a demand for pinball machines in the UK with a new company starting up there.

One theory I've seen tossed around is that we're actually due for a pinball revival in general. The majority of the 1990's pinball tables that are still in circulation at commercial venues around the world are now 15-20 years old and simply put, are wearing out. When they get removed or sold off due to lack of functionality, there's nothing to replace them from retail amusement machine vendors.

Besides that, the resurgence of video game pinball may have created a slow burn. Farsight deserved credit for working to preserve classic machines, but to their credit Zen has sat here for five years now slowly grinding the market, keeping pinball talked about with regular table releases. Maybe it's not surprising awareness is increasing.

I saw that as well and even posted the article I read in the general forum. Kind of crazy how home video game systems took down arcades, but now video game pinball is pushing the real pinball machine market back up!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    They haven't had a great track record for launch games, if memory serves, their original Japan launch of the NES only had three games. Three. It took a couple more years to come to NA and even then the list wasn't huge. I realize this was the mid 80s, but I think it does say something about how they time releases.
    The N64 was worse. We only got 2 games (Super Mario 64 and Pilot Wings 64) at the NA launch. TWO!!!!!!! Not to mention, it took a solid month before another game released.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The N64 was worse. We only got 2 games (Super Mario 64 and Pilot Wings 64) at the NA launch. TWO!!!!!!! Not to mention, it took a solid month before another game released.
    Hahaha I totally forgot about that. Seriously, haven't we learned our lesson yet? We just have to be patient

Hahaha I totally forgot about that. Seriously, haven't we learned our lesson yet? We just have to be patient
    I know I have. That was the last time I bought a Nintendo system. I wasn't pleased with the lack of game selection, the lack of third party support, the $70-$80 price tag per cartridge and the endless delays.

If I have to give Nintendo any credit. It's at least they stay consistent.

Welcome to Point/Counterpoint, a roundtable discussion in which opposite viewpoints are made and expressed all in a spirit of friendship and openness.

[Cue inviting music]

Hello Barbie, it is always nice to see you and I must say the color of that blouse really suits you.

I see your point, but don't you think it's a little extreme to compare something essential that we pay taxes for to a luxury item like a video game?
    You are very accurate. That was more of a hyperbole to express how foolish and distasteful I find exclusives to be. Being an English major, I'm sure you recognize that the root word of exclusive is "exclude" So the base of this concept appears to have its origin in keeping something from a group, not providing something to a group. If it were my call, there would be one gaming system and if you wanted to play games, that is the one you got. All developers, publishers, and consumers use it and everyone gets what is offered. Something tells me the only people that would not be on board with that idea are the console manufacturers.
    Also - I'm very curious as to why people assume that each console should inherently get the same releases. Why is this? As a dev, we try to release all of our tables onto each platform when it makes sense to and is financially feasible. I feel like maybe we've spoiled some players by doing this and now they expect it from every company.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I only assume I will get a release when it is announced that it will be released. To be honest, even then I'm not so sure anymore. There are of course games that I wish were available on a console that I have, but that is life. In the case of Rayman Legends and Zen Pinball, it would not be possible for me to care less that it is on multiple consoles. I'm just disappointed at the delays. I think the situation also has an effect on how it is viewed. If you are in a group of 100 people that want an item and that item is then given to 5 people (which you are not one of) you aren't happy. If you are in that same situation and the item is given to 95 people (which you are not one of) you still aren't happy, but for some reason it stings more.
    As for Nintendo, why are we all so shocked that there aren't many games for the Wii U right after launch? Looking back at the first year of the 3DS, I feel like we (gamers, not devs) should have known better than to expect Nintendo to deliver much this early on with Wii U. They haven't had a great track record for launch games, if memory serves, their original Japan launch of the NES only had three games. Three. It took a couple more years to come to NA and even then the list wasn't huge. I realize this was the mid 80s, but I think it does say something about how they time releases.
    For me it largely came down to the fact that Nintendo said they learned for those mistakes and vowed not to repeat them. You have a great point in saying that we shouldn't have believed them. But when there is a company that has been part of your life for a long time, you want to believe them, you want them to learn and not make the same mistakes. Perhaps it is foolish reasoning to hope that a company succeeds in this cynical age. Personally, although I have only been associated with Zen Studios for a short time, I really like what it is offering and look forward to playing these games. I was told by Zen that ZP2 would be out in December and I believed them. Then I was told it would be January...and I believed them. Now we are looking at February and perhaps most would echo your words that I "should have known better than to expect Nintendo to deliver" but I still hope.

Sorry this sort of derailed the thread, but I have no games to play.

Well, after all instructions are just the manufacturer's opinion of how it works.
    Is this make up a definition day?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    When you're talking about code working on a weaker processor I'm not sure video transfer to better medium is relevent. What would be though are computer games. Look at how long old games can be played on increasingly better tech and how many really old games are still available to play. Then think back to all the people who had relativley new machines and couldn't run Crysis when it first came out. Or try getting any new pc game to run on five year old hardware.
    I'm not sure if you've played on 3DS, but having one myself I think the slow performance, frame rate, and features that had to be cut on tables testify to it being harder all by itself.
    Hunter, you are correct.

"I can't speak for everyone, but I only assume I will get a release when it is announced that it will be released. "
    "Sorry this sort of derailed the thread, but I have no games to play."
    "

I didn't check your profile but I'm assuming from this that you're either a youngster or new to gaming. Believe me you'll learn not to get your hopes up around release dates posted in advance. You'll soon come to learn that these being moved is not an odd occurance and that getting worked up whenever one does will leave you with stomach ulcers.
    You'll also learn that it takes any new console a while to build up a library to a degree that at any given time there will be an unplayed game available for it to match any given gamers tastes. If you were worried about having games to play buying a Wii U this soon after launch was not a wise move. I'd suggest getting a PS3 or an Xbox 360 if you still have the money.
    I hope that info helps. Believe me, as time goes by this kind of thing will become old hat.
    Last edited by Llabnip; 02-12-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llabnip View Post
    "
    If you were worried about having games to play buying a Wii U this soon after launch was not a wise move.
    I certainly agree with you there.

I certainly agree with you there.
    Very good restraint there teenager!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Very good restraint there teenager!
    Thanks buddy. I'm the project manager on a 4 million dollar state construction site and a bad issue came up, so I didn't have time to write anything else. Not bad for a youngster huh? "
    Last edited by Everly; 02-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks buddy. I'm the project manager on a 4 million dollar state construction site and a bad issue came up, so I didn't have time to write anything else. Not bad for a youngster huh? "
    Let's see here. You've heard of Neil Diamond and you played Donkey Kong as a child and that game is OLD. That puts you at least in your 30s. However I think I can safely still call you youngster!
    Last edited by Tech101; 02-12-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Let's see here. You've heard of Neil Diamond and you played Donkey Kong as a child and that game is OLD. That puts you at least in your 30s. However I think I can safely still call you youngster!
    Actually I just turned 25 and 174 months, so I'm totally a youngster. I will admit that while I'm not new to gaming I've never had a console around launch. So my expectations of support for it were probably unrealistic. I am starting to understand that when a dev/pub says something will come out at a certain time that it is a foolish move to expect that. I learned my lesson, can I get a balloon?
    Last edited by Everly; 02-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.

you know what though i have to admint that i forget to wait and yes i forget that the wii u is a news system. i made that verry mistake in not waiting when i got my samsung galaxy player because it was something new and there wasn't no skins and every thing els made for it yet but i did lurn to improvide like for the carying case i have for it i am useing a nintendo 3ds carying case.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

You are very accurate. That was more of a hyperbole to express how foolish and distasteful I find exclusives to be. Being an English major, I'm sure you recognize that the root word of exclusive is "exclude" So the base of this concept appears to have its origin in keeping something from a group, not providing something to a group. If it were my call, there would be one gaming system and if you wanted to play games, that is the one you got. All developers, publishers, and consumers use it and everyone gets what is offered. Something tells me the only people that would not be on board with that idea are the console manufacturers.
    That situation would be beyond dreadful for customers. A monopoly like this allows the company that owns it to do whatever it wants. If there is only one console manufacturer left at one point, expect their console to block used games, require always-online DRM, make you pay for using their online service, use overpriced storage media and so on. The quality of games would also suffer greatly, because there would be no reason for anyone to invest in exclusives that push the sales of a sepcific console, which would allow third parties (whose games are ultimately measured against the top-tier exclusives on each console) to slack off as well. Things like online multiplayer being free on PSN and PS+ offering you free games or the offer of the week on the Xbox Live Marketplace are only there because Sony and Microsoft have to compete with each other.

I live in Germany, where a certain company has a monopoly over the entire railroad network. Trains being 20 minutes to several hours late is the rule, not the exception, and I have to pay the equivalent of $13 to ride to the next town. In Japan, where several private companies own part of the railroads, I have never experienced a train being late and I could travel between Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe for a few hundred Yen.
    Last edited by Vyse; 02-13-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    That situation would be beyond dreadful for customers.
    Yes, after reading your example I'm sure you are correct. Healthy competition usually favors the consumer and the points that you mention are perfect examples of that.

I suppose what got me on that point was Barbie's statement "people assume that each console should inherently get the same releases". I wanted to express that I don't assume that. I only assume that it will be coming to Platform X after the publisher announces "This is now coming to Platform X" When I read that, I assume that it is coming to Platform X.

Hmmm... Considering Zen's previous track record of releasing games, Marvel pinball 3D's date was announced on the monday before it came out.... So I'm betting ZP2's date will come on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamingHawk View Post
    Hmmm... Considering Zen's previous track record of releasing games, Marvel pinball 3D's date was announced on the monday before it came out.... So I'm betting ZP2's date will come on monday.
    I really hope you are right Hawk, but I have my doubts. Please prove me wrong Barbie.

I really hope you are right Hawk, but I have my doubts. Please prove me wrong Barbie.

Now they did say in February but did they say 2013? :P

Default hand

Now they did say in February but did they say 2013? :P
    Zen Pinball isn't even listed in the games shown on the nintendo.com site. Just the version for 3DS. It doesn't seem that Nintendo's right hand knows what their left is doing. Another reason I'm not feeling confident in seeing it released by the 28th.

NOA did say it's coming Q1 earlier, so no matter what it WILL be out before april. But NOA promised a February release so it better come

NOA did say it's coming Q1 earlier, so no matter what it WILL be out before april. But NOA promised a February release so it better come
    I agree with everything you are saying Hawk, but Ubisoft "promised" a launch day (11/18/12) release of Rayman Legends. That got pushed to 2/26/13 and then again to September. I joined this community just a couple months before you and one thing that has been pounded into my head is delays happen, esp. with digital releases and extra esp. with new consoles. So a digital release on a new console basically doesn't have a snowball's change in Hades. I go back to my earlier statement that if Nintendo truly believes this game will be released in February, then they should have told Zen 2/28/13 by now. Barbie has said over and over that she will tell us the date as soon as they get it. So from my viewpoint, I have to conclude that at this point in time Nintendo can't say with certainty we will have it in February.

A lot has been made about the fact that a free platform with paid DLC is new to Nintendo and it is causing issues. My point is, while it is new to Nintendo it is not a new idea. They aren't inventing the wheel here. Microsoft and Sony have had it for some time so it isn't like there aren't models that could be used as a pattern. Sometimes I feel like Nintendo insists on coming up with their own unique way of doing absolutely everything, the problem is that as times the generally accepted way of doing something is simple and it works. Nintendo's refusal to adopt it because they didn't come up with it is hurting them at times.

I have to say that I was somewhat surprised when Barbie said that they had been in contact with NoA just because we hadn't been given any information regarding the results of these communications. I understand that you don't want to throw a company that you are working with under the bus in a public forum, so suppose the communication went:

Zen: Hey, what's going on with the NA release date for ZP2? We are getting pounded in our forums, help us out.

Nintendo: We are working on it and will send you a date as soon as we have it.

In that event I could see Barbie saying exactly what she has been here in the forums. If she said, "We are waiting on NoA, we have been done for over a month and they are just dragging their feet" I could see that causing problems even though what she were saying was true. So I could see her being in a tough spot because she is in the position of being an information deliverer. That is great when you have good news, but sucks when you have bad news, no news, or news that turns out later to be inaccurate. It is hard then to expect the next time you say something for people to believe what you say. However, suppose the conversation went like this:

Zen: Hey, what's going on with the NA release date for ZP2? We are getting pounded in our forums, help us out.

Nintendo: We noticed some of the reviews and comments on Miiverse from it being released in EU. It looks really good, but the one negative thing that we are noticing is that some players don't like having to go back and forth from the game to the eShop and while we have a note about the need to download the trial tables when you buy them, some are confused about that too. Is there a way to streamline that?

Zen: Absolutely! We are able to do that on the other platforms. The reason we didn't in our submission is because the eShop uses (insert technical programming structure and jargon here) which prevents us designing in-game table purchases.

Nintendo: Oh, I see what you are saying. Can you work with us to see what we can do to make that more user friendly?

Zen: We would be happy to. By the way, one of our forum members that goes by the screen name "Everly" wrote a really cool poem back at the turn of the year and we would like to send him a download code for the Classic Pack tables because he mentioned in a post those are the ones he is really looking forward to playing.

Nintendo: Yeah, we saw that, good stuff. We will make sure that happens.

If this was the case, then I know I would be happy to hear the one negative issue that has been mentioned in reviews will be revised and an even more attractive product would be released to pull more players in. After all, once we get rolling it will be so much more fun with a huge community on Miiverse playing together and taking part in tournaments and challenges later. Now if this was the case, I know I would appreciate Barbie saying, "Nintendo is really excited about ZP2, so much so that they are asking us to adjust the purchasing format to making it easier for the players in the NA territories." Saying that paints both NoA and Zen in a favorable light.

I am very curious to know what NoA is saying to Zen when they communicate, and I can appreciate that Barbie may not know either. She could have just been told by her management that they have been in touch, but that was it. So even if she wanted to she couldn't tell us anything. So like I said before, I hope you are right Hawk. I would love it if we got a date on Monday (which is when Zen announced the release on the EU eShop) but if I were forced to bet my own money, I would wager it will be March before we see it.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-25-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Wow I've been to this dance before! Just wait a month from now and you might be saying April. This is turning out just like the release of Zen for the 3ds 3 months later. Why that was I have no clue but I didn't know much about Zen then so the wait wasn't that bad.

Now going forward we were told we would get dlc when Zen first released. One year later no dlc but we did get marvel as a compromise. Still I only have 8 tables total and even on my phone I can get well over that. Don't like playing it on my phone half as much though! Still waiting for my dlc and I might be saying that a year from now as well! It might sell well but obviously not well enough or we would've had it by now. Zen is a good company that I believe is exploding right now and they're just taking on way to much imo! Just look how long its taking Castle Storm to come out?!

Wow I've been to this dance before! Just wait a month from now and you might be saying April. This is turning out just like the release of Zen for the 3ds 3 months later. Why that was I have no clue but I didn't know much about Zen then so the wait wasn't that bad.

Now going forward we were told we would get dlc when Zen first released. One year later no dlc but we did get marvel as a compromise. Still I only have 8 tables total and even on my phone I can get well over that. Don't like playing it on my phone half as much though! Still waiting for my dlc and I might be saying that a year from now as well! It might sell well but obviously not well enough or we would've had it by now. Zen is a good company that I believe is exploding right now and they're just taking on way to much imo! Just look how long its taking Castle Storm to come out?!
    Well actually it was just only a month between releases.

Yeah I stretched it a bit but Europe got it in November and NA was middle of January. Closer to 2 an a half months actually. Trust me I remember wanting it back then.

Wow I've been to this dance before! Just wait a month from now and you might be saying April.
    Yeah, I can see that happening.

Don't like playing it on my phone half as much though!
    I know. My phone is issued from work so I can't buy games for it. Can only play SL as the free table and it is the size of an index card so it is a bit limiting.
    Still waiting for my dlc and I might be saying that a year from now as well!
    Sadly I can see that happening as well. I can't figure out why announcements about games are made when there is so much that could happen that people would claim it is vaporware.
    Just look how long its taking Castle Storm to come
    That is a perfect example. But I suppose it makes you happy to know that Zen Pinball on the 3ds ranks ahead of Castle Storm when it comes to getting attention

To be fair I probably wouldn't get TOO upset if it didn't come this week, since runner 2 Is gonna come out to keep me occupied, but if it doesn't come out on march 7th I'll go nuts.

Oh, and when the PMD 3DS demo comes to NA, and when I play the PMD full game and clear it in a month?

I'll be crying. A lot.

To be fair I probably wouldn't get TOO upset if it didn't come this week, since runner 2 Is gonna come out to keep me occupied, but if it doesn't come out on march 7th I'll go nuts.

Oh, and when the PMD 3DS demo comes to NA, and when I play the PMD full game and clear it in a month?

I'll be crying. A lot.
    Well, I hope we get it this month, however I figure most of what we will hear this week will be those in the community that will get to play the new Star Wars tables. I don't think we will get much attention.

I don't have a 3ds....that is the PMD you were talking about?
    Last edited by Everly; 02-25-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Well, I hope we get it this month. I figure most of what we will hear this week will be those in the community that will get to play the new Star Wars tables. I don't think we will get much attention.

I don't have a 3ds....that is the PMD you were talking about?
    I've been racking my brain trying to figure that out since I first seen the post and I want a lot of games coming here soon for the 3ds!

I've been racking my brain trying to figure that out since I first seen the post and I want a lot of games coming here soon for the 3ds!
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon maybe?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon maybe?

Yeah that's it. It doesn't interest me so I guess that's why I had no clue.

Yes, I meant Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity. It's IMHO Going to be the GOTY, considering how I love the other ones.

PS Zen, if you make nintendo themed tables, MAKE A POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON TABLE AND I'LL HAVE MY WALLET LOVE YOU FOREVER

Yes, I meant Pokemon mystery dungeon gates to infinity. It's IMHO Going to be the GOTY, considering how I love the other ones.

PS Zen, if you make nintendo themed tables, MAKE A POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON TABLE AND I'LL HAVE MY WALLET LOVE YOU FOREVER
    The game of the year has already been released. It's called Fire Emblem Awakening go check it out!

Seriously though don't you think that pokemon x y has a better chance at GOTY?!

The game of the year has already been released. It's called Fire Emblem Awakening go check it out!

Seriously though don't you think that pokemon x y has a better chance at GOTY?!
    Not really. The main series lacks things that make the PMD games great: Story, Music, Gameplay, and replayability. It'll take a ton of convincing for me to dethrone PMD GTI.

I noticed on Twitter that codes were being posted for Star Wars on the XBLA network. I was curious to know what these codes do? Do they allow a download of the table? Is this something we could hope to see on the Nintendo network, or once again is this far too complicated for Nintendo to wrap their minds around and thus we go without?

I noticed on Twitter that codes were being posted for Star Wars on the XBLA network. I was curious to know what these codes do? Do they allow a download of the table? Is this something we could hope to see on the Nintendo network, or once again is this far too complicated for Nintendo to wrap their minds around and thus we go without?
    Yes there have been plenty of times here in the past where codes were giving out for previous packs out at random. All you would have to do is post something. So imagine all the rage and new members we've acquired at that time. The codes automatically grant you the table packs when you put them in "Redeem Codes" option of whatever console it is relevant to. (Sony, MS)

One was never done for Nintendo, so I don't know how that will work. Barbie or Solitude will have to break that down for you.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

One was never done for Nintendo, so I don't know how that will work. Barbie or Solitude will have to break that down for you.
    That would be a nice surprise, but I'm sure it is something that Nintendo won't be able to figure out how to do.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-25-2013 at 02:39 PM.

since were talking about coads the famus one that comes to mind is the old knomie one. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. that was the only one i could rember.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    since were talking about coads the famus one that comes to mind is the old knomie one. up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. that was the only one i could rember.
    I saw a kid wearing a t-shirt that had that on it once.

What, the Konami Code? It would have been odd if it hadn't been on a t-shirt once.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCXJk View Post
    What, the Konami Code? It would have been odd if it hadn't been on a t-shirt once.
    Actually I've seen it on several online, only one in real life. This one is my favorite.

Keeping the thread on the subject, any bets on when someone from Zen will come out and say that ZP won't make it out in NA this month? I think we will be told at some point on Wed the 27th.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-25-2013 at 08:45 PM.

That would be a nice surprise, but I'm sure it is something that Nintendo won't be able to figure out how to do.
    Actually, I got Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters on the 3DS via a download code (I got that from Zavvi for pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising), so it would be possible.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    Actually, I got Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters on the 3DS via a download code (I got that from Zavvi for pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising), so it would be possible.
    I thought it was a code for the 3d classics version? At least that's what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    Hey, well that is great news! Thanks for sharing that Lemur. Nice to know the possibility exists.

So, would ZP2 Be coming this month, or not?

Speaking of this talk of DL codes, maybe we can get DL codes from barbie since we've been waiting so long, after all, it's a free app portal anyway

I thought it was a code for the 3d classics version? At least that's what I got.
    I forgot I got that free too. But I think I got that directly from Nintendo for entering a competition to win a special edition 3DS (which I won BTW). This wasn't even advertised at all. It was about a week after I got the game, I got an email from Zavvi with a download code because I preordered Uprising.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

i do have a best buy $50.OO gift card i been needing to use i been hearing good reprots about zombie u hmmm and the new line up of games are set to come out soon so i wonder and oh ya i just saw tbd as a releas date next to zen pintball 2 just a few hrs. ago when i was in the eshop on my wii u
    Last edited by MK2017; 02-26-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Zen Pinball 2 now has a page on the NA eShop hopefully it means it will come out this week

Quote Originally Posted by mellloyellow View Post
    Zen Pinball 2 now has a page on the NA eShop hopefully it means it will come out this week
    *fingers crossed*

I have a really good feeling it will be, plus I want to see everly's new poem.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    I have a really good feeling it will be, plus I want to see everly's new poem.
    Oh it is so much more than a poem. I've been dying to show it to everyone. Hopefully soon!

If Zen Pinball 2 comes out this week I would be so happy

Quote Originally Posted by mellloyellow View Post
    If Zen Pinball 2 comes out this week I would be so happy
    Ditto! We're talking TEARS OF JOY over here

If Zen Pinball 2 doesn't come out this week nintedo is a liar

Ditto! We're talking TEARS OF JOY over here
    See? Even the NA representative wants it. Nintendo better do as they say and release it this week

I really hope it does. This would be pinball overload for me. Of course I don't mind it!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I really hope it does. This would be pinball overload for me. Of course I don't mind it!
    thats never a bad thing and if it does comes out on thrusday i will be doing the happy dance not to be confused with the safty dance lol.

All the more reason to hope NOA keeps their promise...

I don't know what time Nintendo does their updates, but today is the day. I hope NA users of the Wii U can finally join those in the EU with enjoy ZP2. I have a lot of money in the account to download all the tables that will be available at launch. Here's to hoping!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

well i just lurned how add screen shot to my wiiverse when i post so today is the day will we have it or will it be nentendos way of wait just one more day tell we get the final detale finished.

I might have to start writing poems here to if this isn't released today. I'll give it a few more hours. Fingers crossed.

Oh while I'm here upcoming table request that I posted on mii verse to :P

Matrix Table with Agent Smith vs Neo

It didn't come.

Nintendo promised it for February...

SO HOW DID IT NOT COME!?!?

ok this is the way i am seeing right now nintendo did say at the end of feb. we will have the game what did they do they (noa) decided no lets not give it to them yet, let teas them abit tell we say they can have it. but little that they knew the were starting to tick me off as eatch day went by i checked my eshop to see if it was readdy to go but no luck. as now we head into march it will be nice to kick thing off with zen pinball2 ready to be downloaded in the esop becous i am getting tired of being yanked around by noa.

I feel bad for Barbie having to try an answer all the questions I see posted in the forums :P , so instead of saying anything I'm just going to wait because it is highlighted on the e-shop like they are just fixing some last known issue and want it to be 100 percent before release. I think they would have released it yesterday if it was all ready to go so must be something important on the e-shop that they need to be worked out. Anyway I'm still excited hopefully its on a day by day basis and not week by week.

I tried to think of a fitting poem but I just really suck at writing poems.

Nintendo of America is dropping the ball big time in my opinion. The eshop on Wii U is a joke compared to what is out there on XBox 360, Steam, and PS3. Nintendo of America needs to wake up and start taking digital distribution seriously real fast if they want to compete this generation. Unfortunately I am afraid Nintendo of America is going to hurt great companies like Zen Studios who produces excellent software consistently. I will still buy Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U whenever it is finally released because Zen deserves to be rewarded. I will seriously limit my digital purchases to only companies like Zen on Wii U. I think the Wii U is a great piece of hardware, but it is degraded due to Nintendo's lack of understanding how to create a real online store that can compete with stuff that has been around for years now.
    Last edited by entexman; 03-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entexman View Post
    Nintendo of America is dropping the ball big time in my opinion. The eshop on Wii U is a joke compared to what is out there on XBox 360, Steam, and PS3. Nintendo of America needs to wake up and start taking digital distribution seriously real fast if they want to compete this generation. Unfortunately I am afraid Nintendo of America is going to hurt great companies like Zen Studios who produces excellent software consistently. I will still buy Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U whenever it is finally released because Zen deserves to be rewarded. I will seriously limit my digital purchases to only companies like Zen on Wii U. I think the Wii U is a great piece of hardware, but it is degraded do to Nintendo's lack of understanding how to create a real online store that can compete with stuff that has been around for years now.
    I have to say that I really do agree with a lot of your points. I really love the Wii U. I find it to be a lot of fun, but I feel that Nintendo as a whole is well behind the curve when it comes to doing anything online (gaming or purchasing) Sometimes I feel they resist any idea they didn't come up with, but the bottom line is that when things work and everyone is expecting it to be there on a new system, you better get it right.

I don't see GM releasing the new Z07 Corvette with an AM radio.

Nintendo of America is dropping the ball big time in my opinion. The eshop on Wii U is a joke compared to what is out there on XBox 360, Steam, and PS3. Nintendo of America needs to wake up and start taking digital distribution seriously real fast if they want to compete this generation. Unfortunately I am afraid Nintendo of America is going to hurt great companies like Zen Studios who produces excellent software consistently. I will still buy Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U whenever it is finally released because Zen deserves to be rewarded. I will seriously limit my digital purchases to only companies like Zen on Wii U. I think the Wii U is a great piece of hardware, but it is degraded due to Nintendo's lack of understanding how to create a real online store that can compete with stuff that has been around for years now.
    All three of those other stores mentioned are a nightmare to navigate... So I disagree.

I have to say that I really do agree with a lot of your points. I really love the Wii U. I find it to be a lot of fun, but I feel that Nintendo as a whole is well behind the curve when it comes to doing anything online (gaming or purchasing) Sometimes I feel they resist any idea they didn't come up with, but the bottom line is that when things work and everyone is expecting it to be there on a new system, you better get it right.

I don't see GM releasing the new Z07 Corvette with an AM radio.
    You bring up an excellent point. Nintendo has been so focused on what they are doing they never even spent the time to see what else is out there. That has worked for them in the past when consoles were strictly gaming platforms. Nowadays consoles are much more than simply game machines and like or not Nintendo needs to look at what the competitors are doing to make sure they offer similar services in their console. The Wii U is going to be another Gamecube or N64 for Nintendo this generation I am afraid.

All three of those other stores mentioned are a nightmare to navigate... So I disagree.
    So difficult to navigate because they have hundreds of titles for you to chose from right? Right now the Wii U has so little to offer in the eshop you can just go to all listings and only have 3 pages to scroll through. That is really pathetic in my opinion.

I would argue the Wii U eshop interface is a mess compared to XBox 360 and Steam (I don't own a PS3 so I don't know about the interface there). I have yet to see a simple list by category on the main eshop page.

Well being a fan of Nintendo myself I just want to remind you guys the e shop on the Wii U has only been up for a few months. When more games are released this month and next month it will look better. Look at 3ds e-shop now, units are selling more than any other console this month I'm assuming due to game selection on the e-shop. Give it at least half a year, we all know when systems launch they don't have a lot out in the first few months :P

I'm far from an expert but all I really want is Zen Pinball 2 - will be a great filler game in between games and endless replay value / high score challengers. Not to mention upcoming table packs like star wars

The thing I have noticed, other than the lack of content, is that Nintendo's way of doing things seems to make the easiest things difficult or impossible. Case in point is what we are waiting for, Zen Pinball 2. One of the negative issues in the reviews is the clumsy way tables are downloaded. I'm not talking about the trial/unlock downloads that seems to be confusing to those that don't read the directions. I'm talking about the fact that you can't buy a table from within the game.

I may be wrong and if so I welcome Rafie, Snakeman, Shogun, or any other member of the forum that have those consoles to set me straight, but I believe that in the 360 and PS3 versions tables can be purchased from within the game. That is easy, that is simple, that makes sense, why doesn't Zen set the Wii U version up the same way? Is it because the structure of the eShop is such that they can't?

Another problem I have was mention recently here in the forum with regard to download codes. From what I can tell, Zen passes these out from time to time for the other platforms. But when we questioned if this would happen for the Wii U Barbie said:

Sorry, no Nintendo codes right now because of the way our game is set up. Maybe they'll be able to generate them at some point in the future.
    Now why would Zen set the game up in a way to make that impossible when they do it on the other platforms? Is Zen intentionally cutting the Wii U version short in comparison to the PS360 versions, or is it again Nintendo's eShop structure?

These are the type of things I point to when I say that Nintendo is not keeping pace with their competition.

The thing I have noticed, other than the lack of content, is that Nintendo's way of doing things seems to make the easiest things difficult or impossible. Case in point is what we are waiting for, Zen Pinball 2. One of the negative issues in the reviews is the clumsy way tables are downloaded. I'm not talking about the trial/unlock downloads that seems to be confusing to those that don't read the directions. I'm talking about the fact that you can't buy a table from within the game.

I may be wrong and if so I welcome Rafie, Snakeman, Shogun, or any other member of the forum that have those consoles to set me straight, but I believe that in the 360 and PS3 versions tables can be purchased from within the game. That is easy, that is simple, that makes sense, why doesn't Zen set the Wii U version up the same way? Is it because the structure of the eShop is such that they can't?

Another problem I have was mention recently here in the forum with regard to download codes. From what I can tell, Zen passes these out from time to time for the other platforms. But when we questioned if this would happen for the Wii U Barbie said:

Now why would Zen set the game up in a way to make that impossible when they do it on the other platforms? Is Zen intentionally cutting the Wii U version short in comparison to the PS360 versions, or is it again Nintendo's eShop structure?

These are the type of things I point to when I say that Nintendo is not keeping pace with their competition.
    I'm sure it is all on Nintendo's side, sadly. Zen is very generous, and try their best to get the best experience for the players, and have done a great job so far. I think the structure of the eShop and how things work on Nintendo's side is drastically different, at least for now, which limits the things Zen would probably like to do.

Baby steps to kid steps. They need to step up to adult but I think they're afraid to get burned. It's why originally EA was going to help them with the online part but something must've went bad in those talks! They are the most guarded of the 3 companies because they're still looking out for kids that own their systems. From what I hear they have been banning people on miiverse left and right for some odd reasons really. One of my friends on my 3ds friends list got banned for 5 mins for saying ballsac. I couldn't help but laugh. He changed it to gonads and that was ok! They're afraid of accounts getting hacked and I believe they added a bunch of extra steps with the online process!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    I think the structure of the eShop and how things work on Nintendo's side is drastically different, at least for now, which limits the things Zen would probably like to do.
    And that is pretty much what I figured. Nintendo makes great games and I don't think anyone can touch them when it comes to innovation. But making purchasing simple or understanding that people may like to play a game online they can't seem to get a handle on. Zen seems to go out of their way to get the same product to everyone, so it just didn't make sense to me they would change the structure if they didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenntron View Post
    Well being a fan of Nintendo myself I just want to remind you guys the e shop on the Wii U has only been up for a few months. When more games are released this month and next month it will look better. Look at 3ds e-shop now, units are selling more than any other console this month I'm assuming due to game selection on the e-shop. Give it at least half a year, we all know when systems launch they don't have a lot out in the first few months :P

I'm far from an expert but all I really want is Zen Pinball 2 - will be a great filler game in between games and endless replay value / high score challengers. Not to mention upcoming table packs like star wars
    I too am a huge fan of Nintendo games. I am just very disappointed in how Nintendo is handling online this gen. I thought they would have done some homework for their new system. Sadly it is business as usual with Nintendo. I love their games and will always buy their hardware, but they are so behind with their online strategy I doubt they will be successful with their online strategy as usual. Unfortunately for Nintendo, in my opinion, they need to be successful with online if they want to compete with the coming consoles.

You are correct! The PS3 and 360 (along with Windows 8, Mac and Phone/Tablet) versions of the game have in game purchasing. However, I know for a fact that the PS3 version of Zen Pinball 2 is extremely complexed on PSN Store end. There's the import tool support along with the Cross Buy entitlement (with the Vita version) that's all tied into the back end system. In fact, it takes about a day for everything to sync up when a new table or table pack releases.

You are correct! The PS3 and 360 (along with Windows 8, Mac and Phone/Tablet) versions of the game have in game purchasing.
    Thanks for the confirmation Shogun. It was my understand that was how it functioned. To be honest, I can't imagine why anyone would do it a different way.

Thanks for the confirmation Shogun. It was my understand that was how it functioned. To be honest, I can't imagine why anyone would do it a different way.
    The PS3 version also gives you the option to buy the content directly from the PSN Store. The latter option is very useful, since it allows you to add everything into the cart and download everything all at once. In game purchasing only allows a single purchase/download one at a time.

The PS3 version also gives you the option to buy the content directly from the PSN Store. The latter option is very useful, since it allows you to add everything into the cart and download everything all at once. In game purchasing only allows a single purchase/download one at a time.
    Whereas in Nintendo's wisdom they have decided to force you back to the eShop were you can only purchase 5 at a time.

We have absolutely nothing to do with generating codes. Codes are generated by first parties (Sony, MS, Nintendo) and given to devs. They each have their own way of doing them. If they don't know how to generate codes for our game, I don't think there is much we can do for them.

If they don't know how to generate codes for our game, I don't think there is much we can do for them.
    Doesn't that sort of prove my point that the issue lies with Nintendo and not the developers? What I have been saying is that when it comes to online performance Nintendo is not keeping pace with the competition.
    Last edited by Everly; 03-03-2013 at 02:25 AM.

We have absolutely nothing to do with generating codes. Codes are generated by first parties (Sony, MS, Nintendo) and given to devs. They each have their own way of doing them. If they don't know how to generate codes for our game, I don't think there is much we can do for them.
    That's understandable, considering the game is a free app.

But seriously, what's the NA hold up? Dev issues? Rejection? WHAT IS IT?

If the game does not release this week I have to wonder what is going on. If Nintendo said the game would be available in February and missed that target they need to explain why that happened. I am losing more respect for Nintendo every week lately. They probably should have waited to release the Wii U when they had more games ready to go and worked out the kinks with their online store. I can't believe there is no official statement on why Zen Pinball 2 is not available in North America. It has been out in Europe for a month now. Aren't all of the region eshops pretty much the same? It should be a simple transfer over from Zen to NOA.

Aren't all of the region eshops pretty much the same? It should be a simple transfer over from Zen to NOA.
    Nope. NOA and NOE operate separately from one another and have different certification processes.

Nope. NOA and NOE operate separately from one another and have different certification processes.

Well the NOA certification process is super inefficient and needs to be revamped to get with the times. There is no excuse for an extra month to certify a pinball video game that is already certified in another region. Makes Nintendo look like they don't know what they are doing. All this proves to me is what I already knew about Nintendo. They are becoming more irrelevant in the digital distribution market. It's like they learned nothing from the previous generation. So be it. If Zen Pinball 2 is ever released that will be my only digital purchase for the Wii U. After that I am strictly sticking to retail games on Wii U.

If that's the case, then how far into the NA submission process is ZP2? I'm certainly hoping it IS approved for NA

You think that's bad? For an eShop game to get on the Japanese store, it has to be actually published by a Japanese publisher.

It's not looking good for a release for you guys again. It's getting awfully late in the week. Fingers crossed for a release this week!

Yeah I know. I was hoping to hear something soon. At least a mention of it. Well...we'll just have to wait!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I swear, if we don't have a date by the 14th, I'm gonna go nuts... Hopefully we either get a date tomorrow or it comes out tomorrow to make up for NOA's lie/mistake

Default Nintendo NA eShop releases for 3/7/13 posted, you know the rest.

This week's failure is brought to you in part by Ubisoft: "Just because the game is finished doesn't mean it should be released"

Ubisoft - Withholding entertainment for consoles of this generation and the next.

And by The Nintendo Wii-U: "You haven't seen a game delayed until you have seen it delayed in stunning HD"

Nintendo Wii-----U can wait.

Be sure to tune in next week when this exact same thing happens again. Also scheduled not to appear:

Mark Hammil won't be here to talk about the new Star Wars tables. And a very special failure to show up by Downloadable Content for the 3DS as he shares his thoughts on what it is like not to exist.

See you next week
    Last edited by Everly; 03-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Funny stuff there Everly.

This is starting to remind me of the delay the 3ds had over here. Like I said I'm not sure what the delay was there since at that time I new nothing about Zen. Here's hoping it doesn't last another month plus for you guys!

ok i think its time to use the flooding stragy here. last time i seen this stragy in use was to get best buy to sponsor matt kenseth in NASCAR and besides that my pashonts are now paper thin here. So who is with me here.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    So who is with me here.
    Not sure what the point will be. It will get here when it gets here and I don't think there is anything any of us can do that will make it arrive one second sooner. I'm just trying to entertain myself until it does or MH3U is released, whichever is first.

This is insane. Two words:

Date. NOW!

The wait is killing me. I'm so tempted to buy the Star Wars tables on the PS3 but I really want them for the Wii U so I'm trying to hold out. I just hope that when Zen Pinball 2 finally does release that it won't be another 3 month wait for the tables.

too bad we can't use the jedi mind trick on noa and tell them to releas the game.

Someone from NOA Tweeted this (in reply to someone asking about ZP2 on Wii U):

Sorry - that announcement wound up being a bit premature. Definitely coming soon!

The eshop page was put up a few weeks ago... So if it doesn't come this thursday I'll be so mad...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast