Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen Pinball 2 Coming to Nintendo Wii U eShop

As a 3DS owner and someone who has no desire for a Wii U I'm scarred that if some of those awesome Nintendo licensed tables we've been dreaming up ever do see the light of day that now that there's a more capable platform out there those tables might not even get to the 3DS. I hope not though. I don't want to have to buy a Wii U just for Pokemon Pinball. I already bought one system (Vita) solely to play Zen, I can't afford another.

Well it hasn't even been confirmed that "Nintendo exclusive" tables are being done anyway. So we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with that notion just yet. Anyway, I'm sure whatever tables do come out in the future, Zen will work to get the DLC out for the 3DS version as well. I bet a lot of down scaling and 3D implementation amongst other things go into these tables. That's probably why the wait is a bit longer. No one wants bugs and glitches.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

That's kinda what I was thinking. If they design them first on the 3ds then they can polish them up and look nice and pretty for the Wii U. I really can't see it not happening as zens the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    That's kinda what I was thinking. If they design them first on the 3ds then they can polish them up and look nice and pretty for the Wii U. I really can't see it not happening as zens the best!!
    You just want them to design for the 3DS first because you don't have a Wii U. Trust me guys...if anyone wants a Nintendo themed table, it's me!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

If they design them first on the 3ds then they can polish them up and look nice and pretty for the Wii U.
    It's much easier for them to downscale then upscale.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It's much easier for them to downscale then upscale.
    Now that I did not know. Whatever it takes to get me some dlc Nintendo style I don't care!

Now that I did not know. Whatever it takes to get me some dlc Nintendo style I don't care!
    Yeah me either. I'd have thought trying to get something that's made for a more powerful system to work on a less powerful one would have been much harder. You see so many games that get HD remakes and ported from older systems and then hear how devs sometimes just can't get a Wii version of a game to work that runs fine on a 360 or PS3 that'd you'd think it was the opposite. Shows what I know I guess.

Default pin-bot

i rember way back to the nes days when the brough pinbot to the nes i played it tell it didn't work any moor. but when willams saw the game play they were not too happy about it and droped nintendo for the longest time untill the wii came along then willams was willing to give it a second shot and that time the did it right.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Yeah me either. I'd have thought trying to get something that's made for a more powerful system to work on a less powerful one would have been much harder. You see so many games that get HD remakes and ported from older systems and then hear how devs sometimes just can't get a Wii version of a game to work that runs fine on a 360 or PS3 that'd you'd think it was the opposite. Shows what I know I guess.
    It's not that easy. It took Kojima 2 years to get the HD upgrades done for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. The PS3 development kit has a tool that reduces the cost to make one, but it's still quite time consuming to make it.

I'm surprised that you guys are surprised. All you have to do is look at TV series on Blu-ray. If the TV series was made in HD or it's was from a film source, then it's very easy to do a transfer onto Blu-ray. If the series was made digitally in SD, then they have to do an upscale. Upscaled shows never look that good compared to native HD shows.

Heck even Blu-ray players have the ability to upscale DVDs to HD and downscale Blu-ray discs to SD. Again, an upscaled DVD is inferior to a native HD Blu-ray. However, a downscaled Blu-ray looks the same as what it would look like playing the DVD counterpart.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-19-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The friends are from you Wii U friends list... which makes me wonder what the limit is for that list, hmmm. I was just on the other day and added everyone who requested me, I'll make sure to add you next time I'm on though
    Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    Well, on the 3DS, it just looks at your friend list. There's no option to add anyone in-game. But you do get notifications whilst playing when you're about to beat/have just beaten a friend's high score.
    So from these two posts it would indicate that we would need to have people friended on the Wii U system for ZP2 to provide notifications as to whether they were online, scores, and such. Will that work if it is someone that you are just following on the Wii U?

Also, Solitude indicated that for now there is no realtime multiplayer online. I'm not sure if that means no online multiplayer at all or not. If so, other than seeing their scores pop up when you are approaching them, what is the benefit of having them at all?
    Last edited by Everly; 01-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Like was said the in game will tell you when you are about to beat someone's weekly scores and high scores. The other benefit would be you also have a team score on the leader boards. It's a combined total of everyone on you friends list pro score. So there is a leader board high score for each table plus pro score which for every million you get one point. Add up everyone's pro scores and you have your team score leader board. For instance I believe I'm # 2 in all of the 3ds team score leader board. #1 on pro score. Both are for the world not just friends list. There is also a leader board for scores just for your country that works the same way!

Oh and the pro score leader board is a combined total of all tables not just the one table. So the more tables you have the higher your score can go from all your friends.
    Last edited by Tech101; 01-20-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Like was said the in game will tell you when you are about to beat someone's weekly scores and high scores. The other benefit would be you also have a team score on the leader boards. It's a combined total of everyone on you friends list pro score. So there is a leader board high score for each table plus pro score which for every million you get one point. Add up everyone's pro scores and you have your team score leader board. For instance I believe I'm # 2 in all of the 3ds team score leader board. #1 on pro score. Both are for the world not just friends list. There is also a leader board for scores just for your country that works the same way!

Oh and the pro score leader board is a combined total of all tables not just the one table. So the more tables you have the higher your score can go from all your friends.
    So it is a leaderboard application with regard to scoring. Ok, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    So it is a leaderboard application with regard to scoring. Ok, I understand.
    It's a lot harder to explain than when you actually play it. Dude don't worry! Everything will be clear once you get started.

From what is sounds like though it will be similar set up to the 3DS version.

It's a combined total of everyone on you friends list pro score. So there is a leader board high score for each table plus pro score which for every million you get one point. Add up everyone's pro scores and you have your team score leader board. For instance I believe I'm # 2 in all of the 3ds team score leader board. #1 on pro score. Both are for the world not just friends list. There is also a leader board for scores just for your country that works the same way!

On the PS3 and Vita versions, the Pro Score is much different. The score is determined by your rank on the leader boards. On each table you will get between 1-1,000 points for your Pro Score depending on your rank and how many scores are posted for that table on the leader boards. Here are two examples:

Example 1: There are 1,000 scores on the leader boards. 1st place will get 1,000 points, 2nd place gets 999 points, so on and so forth, and last place will just get 1 point.

Example 2: There are 10,000 scores on the leader boards. The first ten places will get 1,000 points, the next ten places will get 999 points, etc...

In the end, the points are all added up across all tables and that's your Pro Score.

The Team Score just adds your Pro Score with your friends' Pro Scores and multiplies it with the number of tables you have played.

It's very likely that the Wii-U version will be the same way. The ZP2 Pro Score system on the PS3/Vita is much superior than the current system on other platforms IMO, because it's much more fair. You can't just be a master on one table (a really high scoring one) and get a good Pro Score. You have to be decent on all of the tables to get a good Pro Score.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-20-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: 1,000 not 100

Wait?! So you don't get any points on your pro score per million?

Wait?! So you don't get any points on your pro score per million?
    Nope! The PS3 version of Marvel Pinball did that and it got exploited pretty heavily thanks to known scoring exploits in Spider-man (intentional exploit) and Fantastic 4 (unfixed bug; fixed in the ZP2 version). Many of the top Pro Scores (known as Hero Scores) in the game were from those that just played those two tables. It's pretty easy to score billions in Spider-man and Fantastic Four. It was funny because I was in the top 20 on many of those Marvel tables, yet my Hero Score was only in the Top 50. That's because several of the players had a score on Spirder-Man in the hundred billions. My top score in Spider-Man was 2 Billion, because I wasn't good at grinding that intentional exploit.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-20-2013 at 08:46 PM.

That does sound fair. I've got the #1 pro score on marvel on the 3ds but my captain America score is over 8 billion. Mine does hold up well though cus the other scores are in the top 5 as well. That's good to know if I ever have the chance to upgrade to a hd system. Thanks!!

Well, I know this doesn't really mean anything, but just saw this article put up on Nintendolife.

It is for Europe and I suppose things could change in the next 3 days, but I wanted to pass it along. I don't need to mention what I noticed wasn't listed.

I remember when the update for the 3ds version came out it wasn't announced till the same day but I doubt that's the case here. Hopefully next week for sure. Cryogenic freezing seems to be an option! :P

Well, I know this doesn't really mean anything, but just saw this article put up on Nintendolife.

It is for Europe and I suppose things could change in the next 3 days, but I wanted to pass it along. I don't need to mention what I noticed wasn't listed.
    What about http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...her_platforms?

I mean it was yesterday, but that's still news isn't it?!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    What about http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...her_platforms?

I mean it was yesterday, but that's still news isn't it?!
    Yeah well I sent that too them lol. It isn't something we here didn't already know! .

Plus Nintendolife gets their news from here so we get them first.

ZP2's page on Nintendo's UK site now lists the release as 1/31/12. It used to say 1/24/12, so it's probably just a placeholder date, and they'll just keep pushing it back until the release is official.

Quote Originally Posted by JosiahB View Post
    ZP2's page on Nintendo's UK site now lists the release as 1/31/12. It used to say 1/24/12, so it's probably just a placeholder date, and they'll just keep pushing it back until the release is official.
    True but those release dates are almost over year old.

Quote Originally Posted by JosiahB View Post
    Best to get release date info here, rather than outside sources. We don't give placeholder dates I'll post our date as soon as we have it confirmed.

Best to get release date info here, rather than outside sources. We don't give placeholder dates I'll post our date as soon as we have it confirmed.
    Is Zen still believing a January release will happen? Is a release date in our immediate future?

Is Zen still believing a January release will happen? Is a release date in our immediate future?
    Hahaha nothing has changed since the last time you asked. Yes we are still pushing for a January date. As soon as we get our date, I'll post it, I PROMISE

nothing has changed
    We are being patient, but that is still a bummer.

No ZP2 in the eShop update this week, so I'm guessing the moment of truth is next week if ZEN is still keeping the January timeframe/release date.

I gotta feeling that Nintendo is trying to space these games out. If they are waiting on a date it's probably on Nintendos end!

Talking Zen Pinball 2 for Wii U

Zen Pinball 2 will release on the Nintendo eShop for Wii U in Europe on January 31st and will be coming very soon to North America! Thanks so much for being patient and supportive, I will post our NA release date as soon as we get it. More details on our blog.

That is great news Barbie! So happy for the players in EU. Can't wait to see the NA release date.

What is really funny is now that we have an EU release date, the Nintendo EU site (that had previously been posting dates) is showing TBD.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-28-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Very good new for the folks in EU. Enjoy and let us NA people know how it's playing on the Wii U.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Awesome news, hope you guys enjoy the game and of course let us know how it plays etc.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Zen Pinball 2 will release on the Nintendo eShop for Wii U in Europe on January 31st and will be coming very soon to North America! Thanks so much for being patient and supportive, I will post our NA release date as soon as we get it. More details on our blog.
    Translation: Europe is getting it on time, while the NA release is delayed for another week or two.

Nintendo of America has always been slow as molasses on a winter day.

Translation: Europe is getting it on time, while the NA release is delayed for another week or two.

Nintendo of America has always been slow as molasses on a winter day.
    It's actually not NOA's fault, it's ours.

It's actually not NOA's fault, it's ours.

Edit: Hey those are suppose to be surprised smillies!
    Last edited by Tech101; 01-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Zen Pinball 3D came out in NA in January when Europe got it in Novmber Please tell me the wait will only be 1 to 2 weeks until we get it here

Quote Originally Posted by mellloyellow View Post
    Zen Pinball 3D came out in NA in January when Europe got it in Novmber Please tell me the wait will only be 1 to 2 weeks until we get it here
    It's not that far off, we should have it in NA pretty quickly.

It's not that far off, we should have it in NA pretty quickly.
    mabye we will get it next week

Sounds great! I really want to see how the gameplay enhances on the Gamepad.

is there any ressaon NA is getting the game later than Europe

I'm going to guess its partly because they are a European company!

Europe usually get games before USA.

Depends on how fast the process goes though and reviewing it

Since Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America are different companies, we have to do separate submission processes for each one, and each company handles it differently. Like with Sony (SCEE & SCEA) we try to sync them up as close together as we can but it doesn't always work out that way.

So based on the info that I heard so far I'm placing a safe bet on next week

So based on the info that I heard so far I'm placing a safe bet on next week
    that would be great with nintendo not planning any new games to come out tell march this will deffently hold me over but for now i been watching hulu plus. if you get a chance look up spechal with lit: a pinball documentry it does a great job of bringing you into the pinball world.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Not that this is a huge surprise to anyone, but the 1/31/13 eShop offerings for North America were just posted.

Hopefully 2/7/13 will be the magic date for those of us in the States. In the meantime, maybe FreudiantLemur and the other members on the UK side of the pond can fill us in on how it looks.

I still insist that NoA is trying to space these releases out that's why were getting Puddle this week. Europe already has it so they get Zen instead! Of course this is only what I believe.

I still insist that NoA is trying to space these releases out that's why were getting Puddle this week. Europe already has it so they get Zen instead! Of course this is only what I believe.
    That makes sense, even if it is only in our minds. MK mentioned there was nothing revealed to be on the menufrom Nintendo until March, although I don't know if that is true or not. Plus, Barbie indicated earlier that the delay was on Zen's side, not Nintendo's. In either event, if anyone cares, I have no problem what so ever seeing ZP2 come out here in NA next week.

Just sayin.

That makes sense, even if it is only in our minds. MK mentioned there was nothing revealed to be on the menufrom Nintendo until March, although I don't know if that is true or not. Plus, Barbie indicated earlier that the delay was on Zen's side, not Nintendo's. In either event, if anyone cares, I have no problem what so ever seeing ZP2 come out here in NA next week.

Just sayin.
    I watched my nintendo weekly that is in the eshop and they came out saying we won't see new titals tell march so jan and feb we won't be seeing no new titals game wise but this spring and summer we will be seeing system up dates witch is good. for pinball wise i am relly hoping that it will come to the eshop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    they came out saying we won't see new titals tell march so jan and feb we won't be seeing no new titals
    So I'm assuming that doesn't mean that ZP2 can't come out in Feburary? Were these just Nintendo titles they were talking about?

So I'm assuming that doesn't mean that ZP2 can't come out in Feburary? Were these just Nintendo titles they were talking about?
    It's looking like it will be out in February, just not sure what day yet.

It's looking like it will be out in February, just not sure what day yet.
    I was pretty confident that it would be on the 7th until I read that. The story that was spun is that all of the kinks needed to be worked out before it was released. So the fact that it is now in EU means that had to have happened, so I was still scratching my head over how it didn't get the same release date in both regions.

I was pretty confident that it would be on the 7th until I read that. The story that was spun is that all of the kinks needed to be worked out before it was released. So the fact that it is now in EU means that had to have happened, so I was still scratching my head over how it didn't get the same release date in both regions.
    NOA and NOE are two separate companies which means two separate certification processes. They don't always approve things at the same time, which would be ideal but here we are. This is also how Sony works, which is why we've seen different dates for PSN releases and even different sets of issues (like a trophy issue we had on ZP2 that was quickly fixed by SCEA but not by SCEE).

NOA and NOE are two separate companies which means two separate certification processes. They don't always approve things at the same time, which would be ideal but here we are. This is also how Sony works, which is why we've seen different dates for PSN releases and even different sets of issues (like a trophy issue we had on ZP2 that was quickly fixed by SCEA but not by SCEE).
    All the more reason I don't see the 7th happening.

All the more reason I don't see the 7th happening.
    Regardless of when it comes out, we really just want to release a good game without issue. I'm sure everyone would rather play a game that works than have to deal with a broken mess. Even if that means I have to play therapist to all the Nintendo folks who desperately need their pinball

Regardless of when it comes out, we really just want to release a good game without issue. I'm sure everyone would rather play a game that works than have to deal with a broken mess. Even if that means I have to play therapist to all the Nintendo folks who desperately need their pinball
    Or.....you could just ignore us like most moderators!

Barbie can't do that. She isn't a traditional moderator. She's a Zen Studios rep.

It's not like other forums where they have volunteers moderating the boards.

No way! I love talking to you guys, even if it means answering the same questions daily. I really don't mind it, it just shows how excited people are to play

No way! I love talking to you guys, even if it means answering the same questions daily. I really don't mind it, it just shows how excited people are to play

Ok let me rephrase that. You are a great moderator and most wouldn't even give us the time of day!

Default What I learned from Miiverse

I hopped online with the Wii U and took a look at the community set up for Zen now that it is out in EU. From reading the posts there are some things that I have learned.

1. A lot of screenshots of leaderboards, so being able to take a screenshot (not only of the leaderboard but also of the table) and posting to Miiverse is a function of the game. That will be fun.

2. The demo tables seem to have a 1 minute time limit. Personally I was wondering if it would be a time limit or a number of plays limit, now we know.

3. This seems to be a problem for several players. You MUST download the trial of the table BEFORE you buy it. Basically, think of it like the car is free but you have to pay for the key. If you buy the key but didn't get the car, you won't get very far. When you purchase the table you are actually just getting the unlock feature, but if you didn't get the trial downloaded there is nothing for it to unlock. I have a feeling this is going to keep Barbie busy.

4. I saw Barbie (and Rafie) in the Miiverse, so it will be really fun when it gets here and we can start posting in the Miiverse.

5. This was mentioned before the release, but it seemed to take some people by surprise. There is no free table included in the platform (like Sorcerer's Lair was included in the HD Android version) This is causing some to question the statement that it is free. Again, we all know how it works, but this will probably tie Barbie up a bit. Hang in there Barbie!

6. The purchasing system for the tables is apparently is through the eShop, not from within the game. Seems liking going past your elbow to get to you knee, but once you are there you are good to go.

One side note, Puddle was released here in the States and had 200ish visits. ZP2 had over 1,000. Granted EU is ahead of us time wise, but it looks like it is getting good support since it went active.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-31-2013 at 09:12 PM.

#1 I hated playing catch up on the leader boards because of Europe getting Zen 3d way before us

#3 Not sure what you are talking about here since I don't own an hd system.

#3 Not sure what you are talking about here since I don't own an hd system.
    Do you mean #5?

Do you mean #5?
    Nope....#3

Nope....#3
    Ok, well you download the "platform" that is free. The platform then lets you play the tables. You can download the trial tables for free and try them, you can then purchase the table so you can play it without the 1 minute restriction. It looks like what Zen has done is put a 1 minute restriction on all of the tables and when you purchase the table that restriction is removed. What some in EU are doing is purchasing the table WITHOUT having downloaded the table, so there is nothing for it to unlock. It doesn't seem to matter what order it is done it (download trial then buy key or vice-versa) but you do have to do both.

Does that make sense?

So what you're saying is you need to dl any table you want twice? That can be confusing.

Ok, well you download the "platform" that is free. The platform then lets you play the tables. You can download the trial tables for free and try them, you can then purchase the table so you can play it without the 1 minute restriction. It looks like what Zen has done is put a 1 minute restriction on all of the tables and when you purchase the table that restriction is removed. What some in EU are doing is purchasing the table WITHOUT having downloaded the table, so there is nothing for it to unlock. It doesn't seem to matter what order it is done it (download trial then buy key or vice-versa) but you do have to do both.

Does that make sense?
    The same thing happens fairly often on PS3/Vita, you have to download the demo to fully unlock purchased tables. Not a big deal but people tend to overlook that fact and then get upset when they realize how easy the fix was.

So what you're saying is you need to dl any table you want twice? That can be confusing.
    I suppose it sort of feels that way. I think you are downloading the table once and then buying and downloading the "unlock" for it. But for the average person, it would feel like he/she was downloading it twice. Seems like most feel that when they download the "unlock" they would expect the table to then be there in the game whether they downloaded the trial of the table or not, which makes sense. Like Barbie just mentioned, once they see how to do it, it is pretty simple really.

The DLC purchasing leaves a lot to be desired. Although there are buttons to purchase/trial tables, both just pop up a screen saying you need to go into the eShop to purchase or download table demos - even the Wii was slicker than that. When you do go into the eShop you need to tap through a few screens to get to the list and then you're limited to five items to purchase/download -um, why? I picked the max number of trial tables nearly 30min ago and it's still downloading them. Honestly I could have had all of these downloaded on my iPad by now and I wouldn't have had to leave the app.

Very confused about why this is so clumsy...

Here is a quote from a Nintendo Life user. Be also use to be a reviewer on the site!

The DLC purchasing leaves a lot to be desired. Although there are buttons to purchase/trial tables, both just pop up a screen saying you need to go into the eShop to purchase or download table demos - even the Wii was slicker than that. When you do go into the eShop you need to tap through a few screens to get to the list and then you're limited to five items to purchase/download -um, why? I picked the max number of trial tables nearly 30min ago and it's still downloading them. Honestly I could have had all of these downloaded on my iPad by now and I wouldn't have had to leave the app.

Very confused about why this is so clumsy...

Here is a quote from a Nintendo Life user. Be also use to be a reviewer on the site!
    This setup (free download + paid DLC) is brand new to the eShop, so it may take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully we can take all this feedback to Nintendo and make it a smoother process.

That's why I sent it here. The clunky interface could result in bad reviews and that's not good! Be it your fault or not!
    Last edited by Tech101; 02-01-2013 at 12:05 AM.

That's why I sent it here. The clunky interface could result in bad reviews and that's not good! Be it your fault or not!

I just hope it doesn't somehow delay the NA release.

Check it out....I'm a Senior Member now!

I just hope it doesn't somehow delay the NA release.

Check it out....I'm a Senior Member now!
    Europe could be the test subject!

I think you hit senior member faster then Lumafan and that's saying something! O.o

2. The demo tables seem to have a 1 minute time limit. Personally I was wondering if it would be a time limit or a number of plays limit, now we know.
    And a 2 million point score limit. Whatever comes first!

3. This seems to be a problem for several players. You MUST download the trial of the table BEFORE you buy it. Basically, think of it like the car is free but you have to pay for the key. If you buy the key but didn't get the car, you won't get very far. When you purchase the table you are actually just getting the unlock feature, but if you didn't get the trial downloaded there is nothing for it to unlock. I have a feeling this is going to keep Barbie busy.
    Think of it as shareware. You get the full table for free, but most of it is locked out until you buy unlock code.

5. This was mentioned before the release, but it seemed to take some people by surprise. There is no free table included in the platform (like Sorcerer's Lair was included in the HD Android version)
    This shouldn't be too surprising. The iOS, Andriod, Mac and Windows 8 versions don't allow you to sample the tables, so they give you a table for free on those versions to try out the program.

6. The purchasing system for the tables is apparently is through the eShop, not from within the game. Seems liking going past your elbow to get to you knee, but once you are there you are good to go.
    On the PS3/Vita, we get both options. We can either buy it through the store or in game.
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-01-2013 at 02:25 AM.

And a 2 million point score limit. Whatever comes first!
    That would be a fun game if you had no money. See if you could get the trial to end on points and not time.

Think of it as shareware. You get the full table for free, but most of it is locked out until you buy unlock code.
    Exactly, just don't think most people are used to seeing that on a Nintendo console.

This shouldn't be too surprising. The iOS, Andriod, Mac and Windows 8 versions don't allow you to sample the tables, so they give you a table for free on those versions to try out the program.
    I totally agree, one way or another you are able to try it out before you spend money. Although Pinball Arcade on Android gives you all of the tables with a score limit so it is possible at least on Android. I think as a company you just have to decide "Do we give them all of one or a little of all?" Each has it's pros and cons.

On the PS3/Vita, we get both options. We can either buy it through the store or in game.
    I think purchase within the game would be a nice feature. Hopefully it will be added at some point. On the flip side, once you buy it you never deal with the mechanics of buying it again. It may not be worth the effort to change it once people figure it out. Just don't delay NA because of it.

One surprise I found this morning, a user on Nintendolife (the same one that Tech reported earlier on) said that Civil War was in the library. It didn't appear in the list that Zen provided of what would be available at launch. I thought that was interesting.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

That would be a fun game if you had no money. See if you could get the trial to end on points and not time.

One surprise I found this morning, a user on Nintendolife (the same one that Tech reported earlier on) said that Civil War was in the library. It didn't appear in the list that Zen provided of what would be available at launch. I thought that was interesting.
    On your first point you can get too 2 million on most tables in like 10 seconds!

On your last point. Yeah I thought that was weird as well. So I guess they need to update the blog then!
    Also you must be east coast to be up this early in the morning.
    Last edited by Tech101; 02-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.

On your first point you can get too 2 million on most tables in like 10 seconds!
    Perhaps you can....me not so much. I'll be happy not to lose Ball #1 in a minute

On your last point. Yeah I thought that was weird as well. So I guess they need to update the blog then!
    Also you must be east coast to be up this early in the morning.
    On that project that I linked you to I had Civil War included and took it out because when I looked through the list I realized it wasn't there. BTW, did you get a chance to view it at work yesterday? Yeah, I'm in the east and go into work early.

No unfortunately I didn't get a chance to look at it. Got to work a lot later then I wanted to.

Oh and trust me your 2 million limit will come a lot quicker then you think on most tables no matter how bad you think you might be!

I hopped online with the Wii U and took a look at the community set up for Zen now that it is out in EU. From reading the posts there are some things that I have learned.

1. A lot of screenshots of leaderboards, so being able to take a screenshot (not only of the leaderboard but also of the table) and posting to Miiverse is a function of the game. That will be fun.

4. I saw Barbie (and Rafie) in the Miiverse, so it will be really fun when it gets here and we can start posting in the Miiverse.

5. This was mentioned before the release, but it seemed to take some people by surprise. There is no free table included in the platform (like Sorcerer's Lair was included in the HD Android version) This is causing some to question the statement that it is free. Again, we all know how it works, but this will probably tie Barbie up a bit. Hang in there Barbie!

One side note, Puddle was released here in the States and had 200ish visits. ZP2 had over 1,000. Granted EU is ahead of us time wise, but it looks like it is getting good support since it went active.
    what time were you on the miiverse i was on ther some where or i must of been watching mchail's navy.

In the meantime, maybe FreudiantLemur and the other members on the UK side of the pond can fill us in on how it looks.
    Sorry, I don't have a Wii U
    I'm still holding out for 3DS DLC.
    I can't justify getting a Wii U yet, there just aren't quite enough games I want yet.
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    what time were you on the miiverse i was on ther some where or i must of been watching mchail's navy.
    I'm thinking it was around 4:30 to 5:30. I just noticed Barbie and Rafie because they posted in the community. Not really a smooth way of connecting with a particular person in Miiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a Wii U
    I'm still holding out for 3DS DLC.
    I can't justify getting a Wii U yet, there just aren't quite enough games I want yet.
    Yeah, it is an investment for sure. Wow, so is there anyone here in the Zen community that is in the UK and can play? I think STTC is in London but I'm thinking he is Wii Uless as well.

It's funny how no one I've seen on the forums are giving impressions of the actually game and are more complaining about how clumsy the interface is. That says something. Not good either!

It's funny how no one I've seen on the forums are giving impressions of the actually game and are more complaining about how clumsy the interface is. That says something. Not good either!
    There have been positive comments on the game in Miiverse. A lot are enjoying seeing themselves listed as #1 in the world on a table, so they post the screen shot and then 4 seconds later they are knocked out of first place. Tons of people asking for Nintendo themed tables.

That might be the best way to get those Nintendo themed tables. Hopefully it will make Nintendo listen to the community on miiverse! I'm glad there are some positive comments though.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Good to see that the game is pop' yep I think Nintendo will defo be thinking about themed Tables, its a cash cow (term we use in the UK).
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Good to see that the game is pop' yep I think Nintendo will defo be thinking about themed Tables, its a cash cow (term we use in the UK).
    Oh we know waht a cash cow is trust me! I just haven't heard that term in quite a few years. Kinda like Rad! :P

Oh and trust me your 2 million limit will come a lot quicker then you think on most tables no matter how bad you think you might be!
    Indeed, especially on Civil War where your skill shot alone is worth 1 million. Top it off, there is the Standford Multiball (from the get go), which is quite easy to earn a million or two from.

That might be the best way to get those Nintendo themed tables. Hopefully it will make Nintendo listen to the community on miiverse! I'm glad there are some positive comments though.
    The best way to get Nintendo to listen is to actually release the game in their homeland (Japan). Nintendo of Japan is the one that makes these decisions. They aren't going to work with someone that they have barely heard of from their Europe and US divisions.

FWIW, Zen Studios only releases their games in North/South America and Europe.
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-01-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Oh we know what a cash cow is trust me! I just haven't heard that term in quite a few years. Kinda like Rad! :P
    I guess you don't pay attention to TV ratings. It's still used quite often when talking about long running prime time shows.

Even if that means I have to play therapist to all the Nintendo folks who desperately need their pinball
    (Lays down on the couch as Barbie gets out her notebook and pen)

So I came to terms with the fact that NA won't get the release in January and we really don't know when we could expect to be able to play. So that makes me feel sad. Then I read a thread about a guy asking for a Spider-man table for over 2 years and that makes me sad for him, but then I'm sad again because I wonder, "Could that happen to me?" So then I went and threw bread at some ducks. They seemed to like it at first...then they swam away.

So I came to terms with the fact that NA won't get the release in January and we really don't know when we could expect to be able to play. So that makes me feel sad. Then I read a thread about a guy asking for a Spider-man table for over 2 years and that makes me sad for him, but then I'm sad again because I wonder, "Could that happen to me?" So then I went and threw bread at some ducks. They seemed to like it at first...then they swam away.
    Rofl!!

(scribbles something on notebook and glances over my glasses at you)

These ducks may be a metaphor for your fleeting patience in waiting for a Zen Pinball 2 release date. Maybe writing some more pinball poetry could cheer you up?

(scribbles something on notebook and glances over my glasses at you)

These ducks may be a metaphor for your fleeting patience in waiting for a Zen Pinball 2 release date. Maybe writing some more pinball poetry could cheer you up?

(folds hands across chest and sighs)

I'm afraid that I have moved on to something more streingent Doctor. Poetry wasn't giving me the same rush. I showed Tech, I think he is your next appointment, and he agreed that I need something to occupy my time and give myself focus. Sadly I am so looking forward to sharing it with everyone, but I can't yet. Then I had a dream that I was playing Zen, but I was naked. Just as I was about to shoot the left orbit for they extra ball my mom walked in and she was naked too. I thought that was very weird because.........she never visits me.

(folds hands across chest and sighs)

I'm afraid that I have moved on to something more streingent Doctor. Poetry wasn't giving me the same rush. I showed Tech, I think he is your next appointment, and he agreed that I need something to occupy my time and give myself focus. Sadly I am so looking forward to sharing it with everyone, but I can't yet. Then I had a dream that I was playing Zen, but I was naked. Just as I was about to shoot the left orbit for they extra ball my mom walked in and she was naked too. I thought that was very weird because.........she never visits me.
    After that one now I really do need therapy! LOL. I don't know what's worse your mom seeing you vice versa!

Then I had a dream that I was playing Zen, but I was naked. Just as I was about to shoot the left orbit for they extra ball my mom walked in and she was naked too.
    Excuse me while I go take a shower.

index.jpeg

(Feels like it has been a long time since she has said anything. Turns to look and the chair is empty. Leaves to find some ducks.)

Dude I would have left too. You put "mom" and "naked" in the same sentence. Barbie quickly tip toed out of there! Hahahaha

We need to get you some pinball quick, fast, and in a hurry.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82