X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Everly
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
    I would strongly consider most marvel tables as I seem to find those the most fun. However don't forget you will be able to sample all the tables so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I've yet to truly find a table that wasn't good made be Zen. Also if you have an android of iPhone you can download Zen from the shop and try sorcerers lair for free. It's a free table offered on both systems. I like it even though we share the same beliefs. Paranormal really isn't that bad either. It's more weird then anything! As far as I could see there is no ghosts or stuff like that. Just weird science if you will. If anything I hate more of a problem with Ghost Rider for my beliefs!!
    Good to know about Paranormal. Sounds like it is more of an X-Files theme. I'm looking forward to playing the different tables when we get it. I've been playing the Android app, just wishing it was a different table that was included.

Message me if you would like to add each other on the Wii U.

Comment

• Tech101
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Everly
      Good to know about Paranormal. Sounds like it is more of an X-Files theme. I'm looking forward to playing the different tables when we get it. I've been playing the Android app, just wishing it was a different table that was included.

Message me if you would like to add each other on the Wii U.
      I would love to add you...........if I had a Wii U. I just have a 3ds and android atm! Funds won't be there for quite some time for the Wii U. I do hope you enjoy it when it comes out though and return to give us your thought about the tables you choose. Also if you get only one marvel table I'm really enjoying the Avengers on my phone. Totally different then any table!
      Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Everly
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
        I do hope you enjoy it when it comes out though and return to give us your thought about the tables you choose. Also if you get only one marvel table I'm really enjoying the Avengers on my phone. Totally different then any table!
        I'll certainly check out the Avenger Table. I am often surprised at how often things I don't think would interest me end up being my favorite, so I'm glad we will be able to trial the tables before hand.

Can't wait.

Comment

• shogun00
          Pinball Wizard
          • Feb 2011

Paranormal explores the unknown in general. From the Bermuda Triangle to Mythical Beasts (Jersey Devil, Chupacabra) to even ghosts (the haunted house). However, the table shouldn't affect your anti-cult believes. Zen just took the bizarre and clumped it all together in this table.

Comment

• Everly
            Pinball Wizard
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by shogun00
            Paranormal explores the unknown in general. From the Bermuda Triangle to Mythical Beasts (Jersey Devil, Chupacabra) to even ghosts (the haunted house). However, the table shouldn't affect your anti-cult believes. Zen just took the bizarre and clumped it all together in this table.
            I'm glad to hear that because it seems to be a favorite table of many players. I'll certainly check it out when the system is uploaded to the e-shop. Thanks for all of the input!

Comment

• hunter328
              Pinball Wizard
              • Apr 2012

I've looked and some of the reviews and table layouts and even though I am a big Marvel fan, I think I am going to focus on these: (I'm basing the availability of the tables on what is listed in the blog that Barbie posted at the head of this thread)

The Zen Classic Pack with Telsa, Shaman, Eldorado, and V12. Then for individual tables that interest me I like Epic Quest and Excalibur.

I'm a big Spiderman fan so I will probably find myself looking at it during a dead period waiting for the release of the next game I'm interested in.

I know that Sorcerer's Lair and Paranormal are highly rated by the community, but I have very strong anti-occult beliefs so I'm not really comfortable with those.

If anyone has a serious recommendation of one that they really love please post or message me so I don't let one slip passed.
              Zen's come along way since those first four tables and except for nostalgia you may not like them as much. V12 and Shaman are two of the hardest tables out there and none of those four offer the depth of later tables. I personally also don't like Ninja Gaiden. Also the last set of Avengers tables,IMO, are the weakest. I really like Hulk, Avengers is good, but Fear Itself is my least favorite Marvel table, followed closely by Infinity Gauntlet.
              Best tables: Fantastic Four, Excalibur, Plants vs Zombies, and Street Fighter.
              The best route though is to get them all and then you can compete on the proscore leaderboards. That's what keeps me coming back.
              sigpic

Comment

• Everly
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by hunter328
                Zen's come along way since those first four tables and except for nostalgia you may not like them as much. V12 and Shaman are two of the hardest tables out there and none of those four offer the depth of later tables. I personally also don't like Ninja Gaiden. Also the last set of Avengers tables,IMO, are the weakest. I really like Hulk, Avengers is good, but Fear Itself is my least favorite Marvel table, followed closely by Infinity Gauntlet.
                Best tables: Fantastic Four, Excalibur, Plants vs Zombies, and Street Fighter.
                The best route though is to get them all and then you can compete on the proscore leaderboards. That's what keeps me coming back.
                I've heard good things about the Fantastic Four table. Ultimately it seems that it will just come down to personal tastes. I'm so happy that we can trial them before hand. So looking forward to it releasing.

Comment

• MK2017
                  • Jan 2013

I've heard good things about the Fantastic Four table. Ultimately it seems that it will just come down to personal tastes. I'm so happy that we can trial them before hand. So looking forward to it releasing.
                  i agree it is going to come down to personal tast like for me i can't wait for th aventures tables to come out. and since were on the topic of old school game that would make for cool tables i would like the see legend of zelda become a pinball table i got so many ideas for pinball tables i don't know where to begin lol.
                  feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• MK2017
                    • Jan 2013

I was looking in my eshop yesterday and saw that zin2 is in the comming soon list part of the eshop
                    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• Everly
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Jan 2013

Well, the list for the e-shop update for 1/10 was released and no ZP2. So assuming January will be the month it is released we have 3 more scheduled updates (1/17, 1/24, and 1/31) where it could show up. The way things have gotten so quiet all of the sudden, I think there are issues of one type or another that no one has a solution for.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

Well, the list for the e-shop update for 1/10 was released and no ZP2. So assuming January will be the month it is released we have 3 more scheduled updates (1/17, 1/24, and 1/31) where it could show up. The way things have gotten so quiet all of the sudden, I think there are issues of one type or another that no one has a solution for.
                        You make it sound so ominous! Stay positive, it's coming

Comment

• Everly
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                          I'm sorry for sounding negative Barbie. But when there is a lack of information people tend to fill in what is unknown to make sense of what is known. From my stand point, there is very little on the Wii U that interests me. I have Nintendoland (which I love but would be so much more fun if you could play multiplayer online) and Super Mario Brothers (which I just finished on Sunday) The games that I was really looking forward to are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pikmin 3 (which was already delayed)

I've always enjoyed pinball and I have to say have really enjoyed what I have seen that Zen offers. My problem is that I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox, and my PC runs Windows 7. I don't have an iOS device and my Android phone is issued from work. So the only platform that would let me give Zen Studios money is the Wii U. I made a gamble on going to the Wii U because I had a Wii and I could keep my games, but Nintendo has not been known for attracting 3rd party support. I had hoped that it would change with the Wii U and I know it is far too early to draw any conclusions, but the eShop has been woefully bare of any new content for some time.

Since we don't have new content to use, I find myself trying to be content with information on what and when new games are released and that information is just about as scarce. So while I appreciate your request for me to be patient I'm sure you can see where I am coming from.

How are things progressing in this delay? Is the distribution of free to try and purchasable DLC that challenging to figure out?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

I'm sorry for sounding negative Barbie. But when there is a lack of information people tend to fill in what is unknown to make sense of what is known. From my stand point, there is very little on the Wii U that interests me. I have Nintendoland (which I love but would be so much more fun if you could play multiplayer online) and Super Mario Brothers (which I just finished on Sunday) The games that I was really looking forward to are Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Pikmin 3 (which was already delayed)

I've always enjoyed pinball and I have to say have really enjoyed what I have seen that Zen offers. My problem is that I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox, and my PC runs Windows 7. I don't have an iOS device and my Android phone is issued from work. So the only platform that would let me give Zen Studios money is the Wii U. I made a gamble on going to the Wii U because I had a Wii and I could keep my games, but Nintendo has not been known for attracting 3rd party support. I had hoped that it would change with the Wii U and I know it is far too early to draw any conclusions, but the eShop has been woefully bare of any new content for some time.

Since we don't have new content to use, I find myself trying to be content with information on what and when new games are released and that information is just about as scarce. So while I appreciate your request for me to be patient I'm sure you can see where I am coming from.

How are things progressing in this delay? Is the distribution of free to try and purchasable DLC that challenging to figure out?
                            I totally get why you'd be impatient, I am too! This version of our game is going to be really awesome, I'm so excited for all the new features (especially the gamepad stuff!) and all of the community interaction that the Wii U allows has really gotten my attention. With any new console, combined with a new type of game (free platform download with paid DLC), it's not surprising that we're seeing a delay from our originally planned launch. It's a learning experience for us here at Zen as well as for Nintendo, but don't worry, you'll be playing before you know it

Comment

• Tech101
                              • Jan 2012

Tell that to any 3ds fan! Oh wait you did! :P. Yes I'm impatient! It's why I downloaded just about all I could for my android.
                              Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Everly
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Jan 2013

I totally get why you'd be impatient, I am too! This version of our game is going to be really awesome, I'm so excited for all the new features (especially the gamepad stuff!) and all of the community interaction that the Wii U allows has really gotten my attention. With any new console, combined with a new type of game (free platform download with paid DLC), it's not surprising that we're seeing a delay from our originally planned launch. It's a learning experience for us here at Zen as well as for Nintendo, but don't worry, you'll be playing before you know it
                                I really appreciate your response Barbie. I have already planned which tables I am the most interested in and I am organizing the Table Guides so I can study them to get an understanding of the tables beforehand (which is probably making the excitement problem worse) Honestly, what is worrying me the most is that 3rd party developers are finding Nintendo difficult to work with and that is at the root of, not only this delay, but the many others that we are seeing. I think the Miiverse functionality will be a lot of fun. I was wondering if there is a method of having a "friend" list in ZP2 that lets you know when he/she is online and you can set up a multi-player game or if you rely on the Wii U friend system?

So I'm happy to hear it is coming, but I would also be happy to know that it was just mildly aroused. Hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

Working...