Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Zen Pinball 2 Coming to Nintendo Wii U eShop

I am to the point of not caring anymore. Nintendo has officially failed at online distribution for the next gen. Sony and MS will mop Nintendo up with online as usual.

I already own all of the tables with Pinball FX2 on my XBox 360 and I was just happy to help out Zen studios by buying the tables again on Wii U. At this point though there are some big releases coming out this month and I am afraid Zen Pinball 2 missed it's chance to shine because of Nintendo's incompetence.
    Last edited by entexman; 03-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entexman View Post
    I am to the point of not caring anymore. Nintendo has officially failed at online distribution for the next gen. Sony and MS will mop Nintendo up with online as usual.

I already own all of the tables with Pinball FX2 on my XBox 360 and I was just happy to help out Zen studios by buying the tables again on Wii U. At this point though there are some big releases coming out this month and I am afraid Zen Pinball 2 missed it's chance to shine because of Nintendo's incompetence.
    Don't go insane because of a delay.., Things happen, and Dan adelman (NOA Eshop manager) even said on twitter that's it definitely coming very soon, and the announcement was slighty premature

Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamingHawk View Post
    Don't go insane because of a delay.., Things happen, and Dan adelman (NOA Eshop manager) even said on twitter that's it definitely coming very soon, and the announcement was slighty premature
    I am not going insane. I am just done with Nintendo Wii U for digital games. They have dropped the ball once too often in my opinion. They need to do a lot more and fast if they ever want to gain any traction in the online marketplace. That is a fact. The handling of Zen Pinball 2 is a prime example of how not to market something. If it isn't ready, then don't advertise it. I don't care for the nonchalant attitude at NOA. It almost seems like arrogance to me.

Quote Originally Posted by entexman View Post
    I am not going insane. I am just done with Nintendo Wii U for digital games. They have dropped the ball once too often in my opinion. They need to do a lot more and fast if they ever want to gain any traction in the online marketplace. That is a fact. The handling of Zen Pinball 2 is a prime example of how not to market something. If it isn't ready, then don't advertise it. I don't care for the nonchalant attitude at NOA. It almost seems like arrogance to me.
    And you think NOE or NOJ are better? In reality, NOA is actually the best of the three, as you have to translate into a ton of random languages for Europe and AU, and you have to be held by JP stockholders for Japan.

And you think NOE or NOJ are better? In reality, NOA is actually the best of the three, as you have to translate into a ton of random languages for Europe and AU, and you have to be held by JP stockholders for Japan.
    Actually NoE IS better. I can't tell you how many times games have come out first over there before it does here. The crazy part about it is that the market in Europe for Nintendo is lacking the worst out of Japan and America. That could be a factor. On the 3DS, I remember EU getting it a whole 3 months before NA got it. It seems like its happening again.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Actually NoE IS better. I can't tell you how many times games have come out first over there before it does here. The crazy part about it is that the market in Europe for Nintendo is lacking the worst out of Japan and America. That could be a factor. On the 3DS, I remember EU getting it a whole 3 months before NA got it. It seems like its happening again.
    Whoa dude! What happened to your sig?

Actually this one is less intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post

you know i like the sig and that is comming from me as a anime fan. but as far as waiting now i have no probs because i bought zombie u and hopfully i can get some game time in.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

It was time for me to change it. Lots of people loved it and one person was offended because it was a gun pointed at them. I should have thought about that. It's all good though. I love anime and..*ahem*...girls in anime. LOL I'm glad this is less intimidating.

@MK2017- Glad you like it!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

It was time for me to change it. Lots of people loved it and one person was offended because it was a gun pointed at them. I should have thought about that. It's all good though. I love anime and..*ahem*...girls in anime. LOL I'm glad this is less intimidating.

@MK2017- Glad you like it!
    Well, I've never been shot by a cartoon drawing so I wasn't too concerned about that.

I like your new one too.

I don't know......he looks like he traded one gun for two cannons! They still seem to be pointing right at me.

Well, I've never been shot by a cartoon drawing so I wasn't too concerned about that.

I like your new one too.
    I know you haven't, but it could offend others. Everyone's sensitivity meter is different!

@Tech- HAHAHA
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I know you haven't, but it could offend others. Everyone's sensitivity meter is different!

@Tech- HAHAHA
    Remember when we used to talk about ZP2 coming to the Wii U in this thread? Now we are talking about Rafie's sig. This is really pathetic.

I don't think we have seen a Zen rep visit us in over a week now. I mean, I know they don't have any information but it would be nice to hear from them.
    Last edited by Everly; 03-12-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Remember when we used to talk about ZP2 coming to the Wii U in this thread? Now we are talking about Rafie's sig. This is really pathetic.

I don't think we have seen a Zen rep visit us in over a week now. I mean, I know they don't have any information but it would be nice to hear from them.
    I read every post. Every single one. I haven't chimed in because I don't have news for you. When I do, I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I read every post. Every single one. I haven't chimed in because I don't have news for you. When I do, I will post it.
    Like I said, I know you don't have news. It would just be nice to know that we haven't been forgotten with all of the Star Wars releases/tournaments going on and starting.
    Last edited by Everly; 03-12-2013 at 12:00 PM.

To be fair, Barbie does have a life, so there's not much else for her to do if there are no dates for ZP2 yet. I hope we are close though.

What I DO want is...

EVERY 3DS OWNER TO BUY BUY BUY MYSTERY DUNGEON

I am back to the forums!

Still no 3DS DLC and ZP2 for Wii U huh?

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    I am back to the forums!

Still no 3DS DLC and ZP2 for Wii U huh?
    And just where have you been? -_-

To be fair, Barbie does have a life, so there's not much else for her to do if there are no dates for ZP2 yet.
    I'm sorry Hawk, but I disagree. How much effort does it take to post, "Hang in there guys. We're sorry this is taking longer than we hoped."

Barbie created and stickied the FAQ thread the Wii U ZP2, but Luma's post #2 (2/1/13) didn't get any attention. I wanted to know that answer as well so I asked it a month later in post #5 (3/4/13), still no answer so again in #8 (3/5/13) and then you answered it. #6 and #10 still haven't been addressed and my comment in #11 hasn't been acknowledged at all.

I've looked through old threads about when ZP2 for PS3 was delayed and there was profanity and threats. Nothing like that has happened here. We are frustrated but still respectful, so in that regard we aren't making her job harder by having to mod like she did during the other events or like is happening on some comments posted on FB.

I'm not mad, just stating disappointing facts.
    Last edited by Everly; 03-12-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Give the Hawk another month without then we will see where he stands. After all he has only been here for a short while while some of us have been waiting for dlc or anything period for upwards of 6 months or longer! Plus I know I said it before and I'm still not going anywhere but my patients is starting to waver a bit to the point where I don't really care any more. Sure I want the dlc but I've been neglecting my other games for too long and Zen was the reason. I'm having fun NOT playing Zen atm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Give the Hawk another month without then we will see where he stands. After all he has only been here for a short while while some of us have been waiting for dlc or anything period for upwards of 6 months or longer! Plus I know I said it before and I'm still not going anywhere but my patients is starting to waver a bit to the point where I don't really care any more. Sure I want the dlc but I've been neglecting my other games for too long and Zen was the reason. I'm having fun NOT playing Zen atm!!
    I know what you mean. MH3U is out a week from today. Toki Tori 2 will be out, possibly before ZP2 sees the light of day. The stage seems to be getting set for me to pick up some pinball only if/when it goes on sale. I'm not looking forward to it near as much, not even excited to show the forum the video I made a month and a half ago.

I actually bought ZP3D on NA launch and played it for 12 hours, and wanted DLC the same way.

But then I found the IOS version which is better and has DLC. That being said marvel tables work better on the 3DS than on iOS IMO

Is this coming tomorrow or not?

Here are MANY games launching later in Europe:

-PMD Gates to infinity
    -Fire emblem awakening
    -Unchained blades
    -Cave story +

Here are MANY games launching later in Europe:

-PMD Gates to infinity
    -Fire emblem awakening
    -Unchained blades
    -Cave story +
    There have been many games that I can count that has come out BEFORE NA, but I'll leave it be. Here's to hoping!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Default Release date!

Zen Pinball 2 will release on March 21st on the Wii U eShop in North America!!!

Check out the Zen Studios blog for the trailer and list of tables available at launch.

Congratulations Barbie! I know you have been looking forward to being able to give us a date. I'm sure you will have a good day today because of it.

I'm sure that's one announcement that Barbie couldn't wait to get out. Well hopefully it will shut some of us up but I'm sure they're few still hurt over the delay.

I'm sure that's one announcement that Barbie couldn't wait to get out. Well hopefully it will shut some of us up but I'm sure they're few still hurt over the delay.
    Guess I should switch the link over so the video will be available huh?

Guess I should switch the link over so the video will be available huh?
    You should make a new topic and make it quite visible! The last one was after all just a test and I think confused people.

You should make a new topic and make it quite visible! The last one was after all just a test and I think confused people.
    That is probably a good idea. I'll make the adjustment on the site and then post a thread about it. In the meantime you can check out the article I just posted on Nintendofeed.

Will do my friend!

what tables will everybody be buying I know I'm getting Plants vs Zombies and Sorccerer's Lair

I saw the ND PR before this PR came at school, and here was my reaction at first:

"ARRRRGH ZEN AND BARBIE ARE EVIL MYSTERY DUNGEON IS CALLING FOR ME

Then an hour later when I found the date, I got so happy!

I'm getting

-Marvel V&V
    -Paranormal

Well now that this thread is on a more positive note, I'll definitely say that I'm getting EVERY single table available. Just like I did for the PS3, 360, and 3DS!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Well now that this thread is on a more positive note, I'll definitely say that I'm getting EVERY single table available. Just like I did for the PS3, 360, and 3DS!
    Nice post number there Rafie!!

Anybody want to buy me a Wii U so I can buy all the tables???? :'( :'(

you know this makes me so happy sorry i forgot how to do the happy dance lol. its the day right after my appt. with my neroligest my doc. reccomended me to go see to help me with my seazures. -Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles featuring Marvel’s The Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, and Fear Itself. thats prob will be the first grupe of tables i will be after. and i am looking forward to see you all at the tables.
    Last edited by MK2017; 03-15-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

The excitement in me is at it's peak... If only I could put myself to sleep until Thursday! Now I hope to god there is no delay...

And the countdown begins T-minus 25 hours and 9 mins and counting. Have fun guys. To bad this month is so overcrowded with release games and good ones at that. It's really going to take away from a very good Zen release. Thanks a lot Nintendo of America! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mellloyellow View Post
    what tables will everybody be buying I know I'm getting Plants vs Zombies and Sorccerer's Lair
    I will be going after the avengers tables

I will get V&V and Paranormal, and PVZ!

Just don't delay it at the last moment...

SO EXCITED! 3 hours until it launches.

well the day is now here and what we been waiting for has finaly arived and i can't wait to check out my eshop on the wii u.

Today is the day!!! Can't wait to see ZP2 finally hit the eShop! I'll post as soon as it's live and ready to rock!

IT'S HERE!!!! ZEN PINBALL 2 IS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE WII U ESHOP IN NORTH AMERICA!

Yay! Got the paranormal and PVZ tables...

But where is the miiverse community?

Yay! Got the paranormal and PVZ tables...

But where is the miiverse community?
    It's under "new communities"

Question Why No 3D Support on Wii U?

Hi all at Zen,I just have a quick question.Why is there no 3D Support for the Wii U version of Zen Pinball 2?
    I have it on PS3 and the 3D support really adds to the game.Thanx for your time.

Well, I love it! Will help tide me over until PMD releases.

I am VERY annoyed at all of the people posting "ZEN IS EVIL IT'S NOT FREE" Comments on the miiverse, most of them coming from people 12 and under (I can tell as their friend request feature is greyed out). It's SO annoying. If only you guys could make a annoucement community

Well, I love it! Will help tide me over until PMD releases.

I am VERY annoyed at all of the people posting "ZEN IS EVIL IT'S NOT FREE" Comments on the miiverse, most of them coming from people 12 and under (I can tell as their friend request feature is greyed out). It's SO annoying. If only you guys could make a annoucement community
    Yep, I've been on there all day. It's understandable seeing as how Nintendo has never had a free platform with paid DLC before. Don't let it bug ya too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzz View Post
    Hi all at Zen,I just have a quick question.Why is there no 3D Support for the Wii U version of Zen Pinball 2?
    I have it on PS3 and the 3D support really adds to the game.Thanx for your time.
    I believe it wasn't included in this version because of cost versus how many people actually use the feature. Same with multiplayer, it just wasn't a priority since such a small percentage bother to use it.

Thumbs up Thank you.

I believe it wasn't included in this version because of cost versus how many people actually use the feature. Same with multiplayer, it just wasn't a priority since such a small percentage bother to use it.
    Ok thanx,makes sense.It's a shame though,as it really adds to the experience on the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzz View Post
    Ok thanx,makes sense.It's a shame though,as it really adds to the experience on the PS3.
    You're welcome I did have a customer call today and say that some of the Wii U tables did show up in 3D on their TV. Either they are totally nuts or they have a REALLY GOOD 3D TV

Yep, I've been on there all day. It's understandable seeing as how Nintendo has never had a free platform with paid DLC before. Don't let it bug ya too much.
    Well, I guess I ignore those posts for the time being, the game is amazing.

And those demos actually impacted a upcoming table purchase, I thought mars was crud as it was barren looking from the trailer, but the demo was really fun and challenging due to the table functions, That's my next table I'll buy!

After I buy PMD and my pikachu 3DS XL on sunday of course. PMD Is a franchise that deserves a pinball table, I could even imagine many ways for it to work out... Using the pinball to hit holes to find items and treasure, and clearing all of the missions would net you a amazing ending, just like in the games themselves (Toned down for the rating of course)

all i can say is wow and i love the tables and yes i went after the avengers tables first and got the captan america one as well.

My wife was playing some of the trial tables and was wanting to play longer so we picked up the Classic Pack and Epic Quest. She is liking EQ and I have to say that V12 is the one I am liking. I'll have to start studying STTC's guides so I have some direction for my flippers.

My bandwidth on our mi-fi is under 1G; I'm curious, about how large a download will it be with 1 table, and about how big with a four table pack?

Quote Originally Posted by spssalty View Post
    My bandwidth on our mi-fi is under 1G; I'm curious, about how large a download will it be with 1 table, and about how big with a four table pack?
    I think the file size is listed next to each one on the e-shop purchase page

I just beat Rafie's high score on El Dorado! I'm really liking that table. Doing much better than on V12.

I just beat Rafie's high score on El Dorado! I'm really liking that table. Doing much better than on V12.
    Well I didn't really spend any time on it, but since you've brought it to the site's attention....it looks like I will have to do something about that!
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Well I didn't really spend any time on it, but since you've brought it to the site's attention....it looks like I will have to do something about that!
    I know you have all of the tables so I figured you didn't spend a lot of time on the Classic Pack. I even said to myself, "Self....just keep your mouth shut because if you alert Rafie to the fact that you have the high score you are poking the bear and nothing good will come of it." So what did I do?.......I poked the bear.

Sigh, I have no one but myself to blame for whatever happens.

I want to poke the bear!

I've been chewing on Telsa and picked up Plants vs. Zombies and got close to a table reset on it. We really need a tournament to be organized for the Wii U. Maybe it can't happen as long as the leader boards still aren't fixed.

Any chance of a Wii U version of Rome and Pasha?

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Any chance of a Wii U version of Rome and Pasha?
    Not that I'm aware of - of course I'll let everyone know if that changes.

I know it's an old thread but I wanted to pipe in and share the sentiment of "WTF Nintendo"?!

I wanted to DVDs and a carton of juice in it. Therefore, obvious choice, WiiU! I was keen to see how it used the touch pad as well.

Downloaded the game from eStore no probs Went to buy a table and it sent me to the eStore game page... not the table page. Tried with another; same story. Did a search in the eStore and the only tables available for purchase in Aus are one of the Star Wars Troligies.

Pretty lame of them to not roll out the tables to all regions!

On the plus side my kids now have a PS3 with a larger HDD and about 20 tables

Default 2 reasons to own the Wii U

Well, there are more than two.

But Zen studios and Mario Kart 8 are the big ones.

Owned an Xbox 360 for many years. Owned one game. Pinball FX2.

When I realized you guys were selling Zen on Wii U, well... there was the definitive reason to own one for me! Now for my Wii U, I actually own 2 games!

Although I don't use this option much, I love the gamepad option. I use that sometimes when the TV is occupied.

Only wish.... Wii remote/ nunchuck option