X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rafie
    • May 2012

Originally posted by MK2017
    same here :-) was having pinball witdrawls yesterday so i pulled out the willams pinball collection for my wii and started playing that.
    So I take it you're going to get TPA (The Pinball Arcade) for the Wii U as well? That would be sweet if you did. A lot of talk on the TPA forums that FarSight is really hoping to drop TPA for the Wii U before Zen releases ZP2. It doesn't matter who gets it out first....we all benefit from this!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• MK2017
      • Jan 2013

i agree. my uncle tought me every thing i know about pinball today. he tought me how to hold the pinball so i can line up the shot for those big points shots and to get the multi ball action to actavate. thats the best thing about a pinball table the multi ball action.
      feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• Rafie
        • May 2012

Originally posted by MK2017
        i agree. my uncle tought me every thing i know about pinball today. he tought me how to hold the pinball so i can line up the shot for those big points shots and to get the multi ball action to actavate. thats the best thing about a pinball table the multi ball action.
        Sweet deal! I taught myself how to play. Also watching others back in the day helped as well. Arcades were big in Cleveland, OH back then. Now you can barely find one in Ohio at all. Well at least Cleveland!
        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
        Gamertag- RAFIE82
        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• MK2017
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Rafie
          Sweet deal! I taught myself how to play. Also watching others back in the day helped as well. Arcades were big in Cleveland, OH back then. Now you can barely find one in Ohio at all. Well at least Cleveland!
          i know what you mean now these day you have to go into a bowling ally or a bar in hopes to find a pinball table i know they still have arcades up and running in wi dells. last time i played a real pnball table was at parners here in stevens point.
          feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• Everly
            Pinball Wizard
            • Jan 2013

I will need to spend some time with you guys so you can teach me some of the tricks. I feel like I will hit the ball exactly the same way 5 times but get 5 different results. Pinball is fun, but it is probably even better if you are good at it.

Comment

• Rafie
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Everly
              I will need to spend some time with you guys so you can teach me some of the tricks. I feel like I will hit the ball exactly the same way 5 times but get 5 different results. Pinball is fun, but it is probably even better if you are good at it.
              Practice...practice...practice!! Things like controlling the ball with the flipper so that you can aim your shots in the right orbits, ramps, and sinkholes. Stuff like that. You'll be good in no time!!! When ZP2 drops, we'll have a few multiplayer games together.
              PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
              Gamertag- RAFIE82
              YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
              Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

• Everly
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jan 2013

When ZP2 drops, we'll have a few multiplayer games together.
                I'm looking forward to that. Although I was reading a different thread in this forum where a patch for tables was being needed the 3DS. For some reason it came out in EU but not NA. Starting in October Barbie kept saying it was coming soon (from the flavor of the thread it seems like this referred to a day or two), but from following the thread it look like Nintendo gummed up the works and it wasn't released until sometime in December.

When I read things like that, it just makes it difficult for me to really believe any dates that are given. The term "coming soon" is so relative I suppose. One thing about my job, if something was scheduled to be out by the 20th, I start getting calls for updates on the 10th. If it looks like we won't make the 20th the answer I get is "You better" Maybe I need to change my line of work to software developer where I can just say that it is coming soon....hang on....be patient, and people follow you for years.

Comment

• Tech101
                  • Jan 2012

Yeah I'm sure you read quite a few of my posts in that topic lol! It took what seemed like forever for something that's simple. The good news for the Wii U though is that it costs a company nothing to update on the eshop. They can offer any dlc or patch a game and not get charged for it so I would think it would encourage Zen and other to offer quicker patches.

As for getting better or good at pinball. Take some time out and go to YouTube and see if someone posted a video of one of your favorite tables and watch how they play. Also it helps to take time to watch what the ball will do if you let it bounce off of your flipper. I often let it bounce off of one on purpose to land on the other. I alwalys take a couple of games on a new table and just watch what the ball will do to learn that way.
                  Last edited by Tech101; 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM.
                  Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Everly
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Jan 2013

Yes, I have learned to just let the flipper lay dead to get the ball to bounce to the other side and I can capture it there. Usually have a problem getting the shot to go where I want after that. So it will be so fun with ZP2 is out. Also looking at The Pinball Arcade from Farsight that is supposed to come out on the e-shop "soon" I really like Bride of Pinbot and it is one of the tables in that platform.

Comment

• MK2017
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
                      Yeah I'm sure you read quite a few of my posts in that topic lol! It took what seemed like forever for something that's simple. The good news for the Wii U though is that it costs a company nothing to update on the eshop. They can offer any dlc or patch a game and not get charged for it so I would think it would encourage Zen and other to offer quicker patches.

As for getting better or good at pinball. Take some time out and go to YouTube and see if someone posted a video of one of your favorite tables and watch how they play. Also it helps to take time to watch what the ball will do if you let it bounce off of your flipper. I often let it bounce off of one on purpose to land on the other. I alwalys take a couple of games on a new table and just watch what the ball will do to learn that way.
                      i toatly agree one thing i do every onece in a while is over correct my self when i play the ball off the flipper well that i need to work on becaouse if you do that you can loose balls fast. but when it all falls in place you can rock the table and there will be days where the table beats you and thats ok as well all that does is makes want to try agen. oh ya one more advice bring a small level with you some place likes to set up the tabe to where the ball will go down like watter I been to some places that have there tables setted up to just take your quorters and you get no or some play time.

Comment

• dlgainesjr
                        • Jan 2013

Added you

Everyone I have a WiiU. Got it launch day! Please add me. I'm Rafie (Ray-fee that's how you pronounce my name) on there, but I want to say that I did put Rafie82 as my friend ID as it has to be more than 5 characters or so.

So please feel free to add me and let's get this pinball on the road. I may be able to be a top contender here in the Nintendo circuit if the others like Snake, Dicepticon, Shogun, Oskari and others don't get one. I know Tech will still be a problem, as well as LumaFan and others...but its okay. Add me!
                        I added you, my online name is dlgainesjr.

Comment

• dlgainesjr
                          • Jan 2013

Friends

my online name is dlgainesjr all are welcome to add me.

Comment

• dlgainesjr
                            • Jan 2013

Added you

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                            Hey everyone! If you have a Wii U, and you want to expand your friends list, you're in the right place! To become Wii U friends, each person has to add the other, so if you add someone, make sure to tell them to add you!

Let me know if you'd like to add me, my ID is BarbieBobomb, of course
                            Ok, I added you. my online name is dlgainesjr

Comment

• Rafie
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by dlgainesjr
                              I added you, my online name is dlgainesjr.
                              Nice to meet you. As soon as I log in later on today...I will certainly add ya!
                              PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                              Gamertag- RAFIE82
                              YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                              Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

• MK2017
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by dlgainesjr
                                my online name is dlgainesjr all are welcome to add me.
                                i too will add you later today. i started watching spechal when lit its a documentry on pinball.

Comment

Working...