Thread: Zen Classics are coming to Pinball FX2!

Default Zen Classics are coming to Pinball FX2!

It's a Christmas miracle!

Tesla, Eldorado, Shaman and V12 will be available for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade on Wednesday, December 12th. Check out today's blog post for more details!

Sigh

What about the PS3? Are we getting Xbox tables? I'm sorry to I sound upset but I am.

Easy cash-in on some ancient PS3 tables followed by more Marvel milking next year no doubt.

Count me out….

Awesome surprise, can't wait, thanks Zen

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

"Fantastic!" "The Device is Operational!"

Yes this is awesome news, Merry Christmas!!!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Our goal is to eventually make as many tables available on as many platforms as possible. That being said, some exclusives (like Ms Splosion Man) won't budge. We are pushing to have other exclusives released to other platforms, but these things take time. Sorry to disappoint any PSN players, but we are listening and we would like to make more tables available to you, as well as other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Easy cash-in on some ancient PS3 tables followed by more Marvel milking next year no doubt.

Count me out….
    Haha Marvel milking? As far as I know, we only have one more Marvel table planned for next year.

Count me out….
    Dude the ZP Classic pack has some real gems in there like Tesla & El Dorado for instance, have you played them by any chance?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

KickBeaten Down

Count me out….
    People complain when we don't release these tables on Xbox 360...then people complain when we do. Such is the life of a developer. As stated many times elsewhere on this forum, though, we only have one more Marvel table planned.

No complaints from here about this. I play on both Sony and MS sides of the fence so being able to post scores in the original Zen tables on Xbox Live is a boon for me.

Naturally, like everyone else I really would like the 9 original PBFX tables stuck on the Xbox side to come to Playstation, in part so they can be played on the go via Vita. But I understand the red tape + development overhead required to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    No complaints from here about this. I play on both Sony and MS sides of the fence so being able to post scores in the original Zen tables on Xbox Live is a boon for me.

Naturally, like everyone else I really would like the 9 original PBFX tables stuck on the Xbox side to come to Playstation, in part so they can be played on the go via Vita. But I understand the red tape + development overhead required to do that.
    Thanks for understanding, we want the exclusives to make the jump as well

Tesla and Shaman are BADASS, ancient or not,LOL.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Our goal is to eventually make as many tables available on as many platforms as possible. That being said, some exclusives (like Ms Splosion Man) won't budge. We are pushing to have other exclusives released to other platforms, but these things take time. Sorry to disappoint any PSN players, but we are listening and we would like to make more tables available to you, as well as other platforms.

Barbie I do understand, I really do, but to make an announcement saying 'A Christmas Miracle' For the XBOX owners feels more like a slap in the face. I knew the Zen classic tables were coming to the 360 at some point since the article on Windows 8. It was bound to happen though I did not think it would happen so soon. That is why most of PS3 players like me are in an uproar.

I don't mean to sound like an ungrateful Bastard and I do appreciate you guys Bringing ZP2 with it's updated graphics, Physics etc as a free update but you guys knew that us PS3 owners were on the same side as Xbox owners getting the Classic Zen 4 pack and vice versa. Why deliver this as a Christmas Miracle yet us PS3 don't get even a hint?

Really do love what you guys do. I'm passionate about pinball and would like to experience everything you guys offer us. It's just sometimes we feel like Microsoft is your priority perhaps because it has a larger player base. I have nothing against the 360. I just can't afford to buy another system just to play the 9 tables that are on that platform. 9? well 8 because of Splosion man. Still 8 tables at $2.50-2.99 a pop would be much more reasonable than paying $200 plus for a whole new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Wow, lol. Lighten up bro. You want some cheese with that whine
    Please don't mock people who are already clearly upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Wow, lol. Lighten up bro. You want some cheese with that whine
    Sorry about that. I must have become momentarily disconnected from the Zen fanboy hive mind....
    Last edited by Alipan; 12-10-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Great news! It's always good to have more tables to play.

Hopefully Zen fulfill their wish to have all tables on all platforms one day and people might start cutting them some slack. They could easily have left each of the platforms with their own exclusives, saving themselves a few headaches with red tape and legalities but the didn't; they're trying to make everything available to all of us and I'm grateful for their efforts. One step at a time. Thanks Zen.

Sorry about that. I must have become momentarily disconnected from the Zen fanboy hive mind....
    Drop it. This is your first and last warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Decade360 View Post
    Great news! It's always good to have more tables to play.

Hopefully Zen fulfill their wish to have all tables on all platforms one day and people might start cutting them some slack. They could easily have left each of the platforms with their own exclusives, saving themselves a few headaches with red tape and legalities but the didn't; they're trying to make everything available to all of us and I'm grateful for their efforts. One step at a time. Thanks Zen.
    Thanks for understanding

Good news!
    I've been playing those tables since they came out for Zen Pinball 1. Nice remix on Zen Pinball 2.
    I can wait for some brand new tables based on original ideas
    Good work Zen ,

Ps: just a question who is the table designer of Civil War?

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBODYALIVE View Post
    Good news!
    I've been playing those tables since they came out for Zen Pinball 1. Nice remix on Zen Pinball 2.
    I can wait for some brand new tables based on original ideas
    Good work Zen ,

Ps: just a question who is the table designer of Civil War?
    Can't remember off the top of my head, I'll ask for ya

Hey please ignore the negativity Zen.

Blade is a very old table now and yet a lot of people still considers it your best work. You got a lot of complaints about Iron Man and yet it is one of my favourites!

I really am happy to finally get a chance to play some of these tables. I thought Tesla always looks great so can't wait to try that out!

Also shameless plug but got another job interview on the 12th! So if I get it, I will treat myself to this for sure.

After being unemployed for the last 6 months (after being a teacher as I have mentioned here) it's been really REALLY weird!...

Anyway thanks for the amazing year Zen and wish me luck eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    Hey please ignore the negativity Zen.

Blade is a very old table now and yet a lot of people still considers it your best work. You got a lot of complaints about Iron Man and yet it is one of my favourites!

I really am happy to finally get a chance to play some of these tables. I thought Tesla always looks great so can't wait to try that out!

Also shameless plug but got another job interview on the 12th! So if I get it, I will treat myself to this for sure.

After being unemployed for the last 6 months (after being a teacher as I have mentioned here) it's been really REALLY weird!...

Anyway thanks for the amazing year Zen and wish me luck eh?
    Good luck! Must be a sign that the tables are releasing on the same day as your interview, right?

Awesome! Four tables I have NEVER played are coming to PBFX2. That is great news! I'd go find all the petitions to bring these to the 360 and bump them but I think you get the idea. Thank you Zen!

I come on here to celebrate after I got a message from someone on xbox live and half the messages are people moaning. For serious guys!? We're getting 4 re-makes of classic Zen Pinball tables, tables which are loads better than the original Pinball FX tables (for those PS3 players demanding blood, you will want those tables remastered so be patient).

Anyway, thanks Zen for releasing these tables on the PBFX2 format, you wont see me complaining, I look forward to playing on them. I feel sorry for BB, she's the face of Zen on the forums and I'm sure she's no fan of getting all the flak for meaningless complaints. Criticise yes, but leave out the format wars, this isn't the place for that.

Thumbs up can't believe it

Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    I come on here to celebrate after I got a message from someone on xbox live and half the messages are people moaning. For serious guys!? We're getting 4 re-makes of classic Zen Pinball tables, tables which are loads better than the original Pinball FX tables (for those PS3 players demanding blood, you will want those tables remastered so be patient).

Anyway, thanks Zen for releasing these tables on the PBFX2 format, you wont see me complaining, I look forward to playing on them. I feel sorry for BB, she's the face of Zen on the forums and I'm sure she's no fan of getting all the flak for meaningless complaints. Criticise yes, but leave out the format wars, this isn't the place for that.
    Exactly how I feel...I've been waiting for these tables for a long time; I can't wait to finally play them where I enjoy pinball the most. Thanks Zen!

Lightbulb Wow, guys come on..

Yep I to feel sorry for ZEN, they musta worked there butts off to make this happen. Doh I understand the unrest of the PS Community, but perhaps PFX2 gets the exclusive jump first because those Tables have been already updated via ZP2 therefore easier to port. The PFX Classics on the other hand need alot of love, so I think ZEN should be some cut some slack... they have given us so much over the years for so little. Heck they even said they want to have all their Tables available regardless the platform besides a few like Ms. Splosion Man etc.

Lets all get back into the Christmas spirit.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Can't wait to pick these up Wednesday, Tesla is one of my favorites on the PS3. Looking forward to playing it on the 360.

I've played all of these tables. But playing them with FX2 physics and upgrades is truely going to be a Xmas miracle. Thank you so much Zen team.

Good. More tables is always good news, and to me these ARE new...besides ,if anyone is not happy ,well it's simple: don't buy them. This is the customer weapon ,isn't it? I heard a couple of these are pretty good.

Inviato dal mio LG-E610 con Tapatalk 2
    "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Great news! Something fresh to play for the holiday season. Tesla has always looked super interesting.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Finally !!!!

Since these were on 3DS for some, on Ios for some others, tegra, w8, it was logical it would come to Xbox, but man that's a very good surprise for someone like me who doesn't come here as often as before ....and it's tomorrow , hurray !

Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    Finally !!!!

Since these were on 3DS for some, on Ios for some others, tegra, w8, it was logical it would come to Xbox, but man that's a very good surprise for someone like me who doesn't come here as often as before ....and it's tomorrow , hurray !
    Sure aint the same without you m8, glad to see your happy that its coming.. considering how much these Tables were begged for.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Any word on Ninja Gaiden or is that a set in stone exclusive... i already own these tables on Zen Pinball for PS3 but as that game sucks im gonna pick these up to show my support and thanks for Zen actually making the time and effort in getting these tables ported over.

Any Chievos a coming with these?

I would say NG is never going to jump to 360. Don't quite understand really since NG was released on the 360 before. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Any word on Ninja Gaiden or is that a set in stone exclusive...
    It's a set in stone exclusive from what I've read in previous threads. This is because Tecmo wants to keep the "Sigma" name exclusive the Sony platforms.

More tables = great news, no matter what tables they are. I haven't seen much of the PS3 tables at all, so it'll all be new to me.

Although I won't pretend I'm not sad to hear the end of the Marvel tables. I know there were a lot of them, but.......Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Any Chievos a coming with these?

Ancient trap 50g
    Survive the Giant Ball ramp on El Dorado (Single player only.)

Earth, wind, flood and fire 50g
    Summon a disaster for the unbelievers on Shaman (Single player only.) (1)

Wealthy patron 50g
    Secure at least 500.000 points in Funding Hurry-up mode on Tesla! (Single player only)

Highly flammable 50g
    Lock one ball in the Nitro Tank on the V12 table! (Single player only)
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Ancient trap 50g
    Survive the Giant Ball ramp on El Dorado (Single player only.)

Earth, wind, flood and fire 50g
    Summon a disaster for the unbelievers on Shaman (Single player only.) (1)

Wealthy patron 50g
    Secure at least 500.000 points in Funding Hurry-up mode on Tesla! (Single player only)

Highly flammable 50g
    Lock one ball in the Nitro Tank on the V12 table! (Single player only)
    Oh wow! El Dorado and V12 are gimme achievements (too easy), while Tesla is just easy and Shaman has a little bit of challenge to it (medium difficulty).

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Oh wow! El Dorado and V12 are gimme achievements (too easy), while Tesla is just easy and Shaman has a little bit of challenge to it (medium difficulty).
    Yeah I still haven't summoned all disasters yet on Shaman. This one is just to summon one? I'm in! Yeah the other ones are easy. Still, at least they can have the tables. I guess the Xboxers can finally try their hand at doing the teleforce on Tesla and doing all of the disasters on Shaman, and doing all the adventures on El Dorado.

Man they better be lucky they didn't have to fully upgrade one part on v12. That one sucked because of time consumption.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Yeah I still haven't summoned all disasters yet on Shaman. This one is just to summon one?
    It's easier than that. All you have to do is just start up one of the four missions to get the achievement. You don't need to complete the mission. The adjective is the same as one of the four trophies in the ZP1 version. The only difficulty to it is actually starting up the mission, which can be hard for some people. After all you need to hit one of the side holes, get the ball up to the mini-playfield, spell out ELEMENT, select the element, and then spell CAST with the four saucers to summon it.

Summoning all disasters on the other hand, requires you to start up and complete each of the 4 missions and then start up the wizard mode (Wrath of God).

It's a Christmas miracle!

Tesla, Eldorado, Shaman and V12 will be available for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade on Wednesday, December 12th. Check out today's blog post for more details!
    Thanks!

Must admit... I haven't been spending much time with my xbox lately. I've got a fairly limited time for gaming and PS+ has been dropping so many free games filling up my backlog. Glad to hear these are finally coming to the xbox. I'll have to grab some more points.

It's easier than that. All you have to do is just start up one of the four missions to get the achievement. You don't need to complete the mission. The adjective is the same as one of the four trophies in the ZP1 version. The only difficulty to it is actually starting up the mission, which can be hard for some people. After all you need to hit one of the side holes, get the ball up to the mini-playfield, spell out ELEMENT, select the element, and then spell CAST with the four saucers to summon it.

Summoning all disasters on the other hand, requires you to start up and complete each of the 4 missions and then start up the wizard mode (Wrath of God).

Sweet deal. I'll have all 4 achievements tomorrow. I do want to go back to ZP2 and try may hand with the Teleforce though. I haven't done it yet.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I think we have too many tables at this point, lol. I just don't have the inclination to play so many different tables. I have other games to play. Still, good news for all those that have been waiting on these. I'll pick them up but probably not immediately as I haven't even played Civil War that much yet. It's almost overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing.

Yes, the mroe tables the better. I love having such a big variety. It'll be nice to one day have a hundred to choose from,hhhhmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Sure aint the same without you m8, glad to see your happy that its coming.. considering how much these Tables were begged for.
    I sure begged since i saw tesla in the w8 first keynote about the store and metro ui... anyway my gaming time has reduced to thin air due to buying a house, having a son and there are so many games to play i don't even know where to start and i never finish any of them :/

Anyway not coming here so often is very good since everytime i come i have surprises, last time it was the civil war table, now the zen classic pack ....

See you in a few weeks

They're here! 119.2 MB of goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    They're here! 119.2 MB of goodness
    shhhhhhh..... you're going to upset the ps3 crowd ......

Quote Originally Posted by PSKay View Post
    I think we have too many tables at this point, lol. I just don't have the inclination to play so many different tables. I have other games to play. Still, good news for all those that have been waiting on these. I'll pick them up but probably not immediately as I haven't even played Civil War that much yet. It's almost overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, that's a good thing.
    I actually know what you mean...

There was an experiment done a few years a go with jelly beans (I think it was). Basically, they timed how long it took people to decide which flavour they wanted based on the selection.

The results basically were that the more variety of flavours that were introduced, the more time people spent deciding.

It's annoying as I can't find the source for this now, I remember doing it in Psychology years a go and google is failing me atm.

But anyway, same logic applies. Often I load up and have no idea what table to play just because of the selection. Though once I get into a table I tend to keep at that one for several sessions.

Thank you Zen for all what you've done, that's a great new for XB gamers.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Great news, have them on ZP2 and dont have xbox but you guys will like the 4 tables. Ive been going back to Elderado alot latley.

There was an experiment done a few years a go with jelly beans (I think it was). Basically, they timed how long it took people to decide which flavour they wanted based on the selection.

The results basically were that the more variety of flavours that were introduced, the more time people spent deciding.

It's annoying as I can't find the source for this now, I remember doing it in Psychology years a go and google is failing me atm.

But anyway, same logic applies. Often I load up and have no idea what table to play just because of the selection. Though once I get into a table I tend to keep at that one for several sessions.
    I guess this is an indication of how much I have been playing this game that I always know which table I am going to play as I start up the game. A lot of the tables I have basically completed in terms of what I want to achieve or score on it and as such I won't easily go back to it. At the moment there is only two tables - Earth Defence and Excalibur - (apart from the new Zen tables) that I am playing. I have set some specific limits on a table as my goals (e.g. 1 Bil for the new tables) so that I rather spend quality time playing the game rather than quantity and this has allowed me to now play other games as well where previously I was just playing FX 2.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

First impressions

V12: Better than Speed Machine, but of the four in this pack, seems to be the weakest, I'm okay with the theme though.
    El Dorado: Balls last for ages, I had one game and that lasted 1 hour. Plenty of missions and the theme is great, enjoy the music in the background too.
    Shamen: Fun little table, though seems quite difficult to score at first. Probably my second favourite in the pack.
    Tesla: Last one I tried because I heard so much about it, and must say I quite enjoyed it, the theme is strong in this one. Steam-punk design has been very well realised with spinning mechanisms, steam, sound effects and the like. Scoring is pretty harsh. Oh, and magnets, lots of magnets.

Achievements are all too easy, but meh, not the main reason to play this game now is it?

My... !!!! I just saw the thread... Let's JUMP to my 360, see you everyone !

And Zen... I LOVE YOU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    People complain when we don't release these tables on Xbox 360...then people complain when we do.
    But there are not the same people. Most XBOX players have been asking for this for a very long time. I am sure you can't even count the number of times you had to answer us on that subject lol... ! Today is a great day. Now when we look back, we realize how much has been done...

I don't know who got the idea to "make the surprise", but this is an incredibly nice "small attention" showing that you care about us, you really wanted to please us and that however doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas surprise from a team of programmers. Clearly, the link between you and your fans is very special. I'm not about to forget this.
    Last edited by Vincent; 12-14-2012 at 10:37 PM.

KickBeaten Down

The tyranny of choice! We're designing some features into the next game to alleviate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    But there are not the same people. Most XBOX players have been asking for this for a very long time. I am sure you can't even count the number of times you had to answer us on that subject lol... ! Today is a great day. Now when we look back, we realize how much have been done...

I don't know who got the idea to "make the surprise", but this is an incredibly nice "small attention" showing that you care about us, you really wanted to please us and that however doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think I've ever had a Christmas surprise from a team of programmers. Clearly, the link between you and your fans is very special. I'm not about to forget this.
    Thanks, Vincent. I'd like to think this is a step toward being able to give fans more of what they request regardless of the console--even if it did take us a while.

The tyranny of choice! We're designing some features into the next game to alleviate this.
    Oh quoted by the man himself.... I feel honoured!!! xD

Just want to remark that my statement was not meant as a complaint of any kind (in case it was taken that way), more just an observation... .

As I said earlier in the post this is a fantastic bundle to release for us fans.

Also, nice tease about the future there Solitude... Are you building a machine that allows us to play every table at the same time and yet not decline in skill?... Hmm? HMMM? I think we have cracked your secret ways... HaHa!

@Cloda

I have played a fair amount of time as well, but I am not great at the game, merely good. I have completed all of the easier tables, but all of the harder ones I can generally reach the wizard mode, but not beat it. I think I play too inconsistently to ever be truly epic at the game though. Like, I'll play it for a couple of weeks every day then a couple of weeks without etc etc.

OFF-TOPIC:

I think the interview went well, I shall report the results asap. Thanks for the well-wishing Barbie.
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-12-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Have fun guys! I think you will like Tesla and El Dorado.

Shaman is good too. The scoring can be tough and starting missions will probably be the toughest part because in order to light up the element of choice you have to sink a ball into one of the Sinkholes on the left or right and shoot the ball up the clear ramp. It's timed as well I think you have 10 seconds to hit it up the clear ramp. Keep the ball up there to spell element, then pick you element and spell cast by hitting the sinkhole in the upper part of the lower play-field.

Now if only your tables would come over to our side. Sigh.......

Interesting. Maybe something like you choose 3+ tables for a "playlist". Lose a ball and move on to the next table. That would keep things refreshing, although that would be something for the more casual player, since you couldn't really get high scores going like that.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Interesting. Maybe something like you choose 3+ tables for a "playlist". Lose a ball and move on to the next table. That would keep things refreshing, although that would be something for the more casual player, since you couldn't really get high scores going like that.
    +1 I actually like that idea. That sounds pretty good.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    You're making my head explode. AWESOME.

Was expecting Christmas cheers and joy for this present. BUT

First two replys... Seriously... Zen works their tails off for us, and they get this response?

Oh, i forgot, we got too many "entitled" gamers who think Zen should revolve around them. Curiously from the PS3 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post

First two replys... Seriously... Zen works their tails off for us, and they get this response?

Oh, i forgot, we got too many "entitled" gamers who think Zen should revolve around them. Curiously from the PS3 crowd.
    No need in ripping off the band-aid on a fresh wound. It's over now. The PS3 crowd has a right to be upset, just not like that though (threats and harassment).
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post

You don't think I respect Zen? Wow I just clearly commented on what PS3 players would like as well. Barbie did explain what's going on and I do understand that. It would be the same way if PS3 players got some your tables. Talk about entitlement.

Most likely it will happen but the 360 won out right now. If it happens, That's great. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

Sorry Barbie I'm usually show restraint but this one seemed to be persistent and probably didn't read further into the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Berty33 View Post
    More tables = great news, no matter what tables they are. I haven't seen much of the PS3 tables at all, so it'll all be new to me.

Although I won't pretend I'm not sad to hear the end of the Marvel tables. I know there were a lot of them, but.......Deadpool
    You don't really think Zen is straight giving up on Marvel do you? hahahahahaha. I doubt you will ever see that happen my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    You don't really think Zen is straight giving up on Marvel do you? hahahahahaha. I doubt you will ever see that happen my friend.
    Yep, I still need my Deadpool Table please

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    As far as I know, Dr. Strange is the last one we have planned for a while. Definitely slowing down the Marvel train.

Yep, I still need my Deadpool Table please

And YOU KNOW THIS......
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

And YOU KNOW THIS......
    When the Merc' with the Mouth speaks, People Listen!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

When the Merc' with the Mouth speaks, People Listen!
    Pfft...they better. You know you can't spell assassin without "twice the a@#" and the sin! WOOO
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Cool Thank you Zen

Been playing these classic tables - completely new to us as 360 owners. Enjoyed a good play on Tesla the most. Graphics fantastic on all the tables!

As far as I know, Dr. Strange is the last one we have planned for a while. Definitely slowing down the Marvel train.
    That's cool. I just meant I'm sure you guys will release another Marvel somewhere in the future, even if a few years down the road. Especially considering Marvel is rebooting and starting a lot of their comics at issue #1 right now.I bought the new issue of Deadpool today, he's on the front, karate kicking Richard Nixon in the face with one foot, and the other is kicking the guts out Nixon's dog Checkers with the other,LMFAO. Ummmm, and why don't we have a Deadpool table yet?
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-14-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Default Thank you Zen!

I picked up the new (classic) package yesterday and only had one session on them so far. All of them has fun themes and the graphics are nice and colorful and I don't miss to hear stupid characters shout: "Oh no, you will never be able to take me on. You are no threat to my evil empire...argggg". Hehe, the Marvel characters sometimes make Arnold Swarzenecker (?) sound like he is intelligent. ;
    It's not that I don't like the Marvel tables, all of them are good, it's just that I don't like the universe. For me fun is closely related to positive thinking instead of aggression and rage.

Thank you to Zen Studios for the treat. These games are right up my alley. I'm sure Tesla will become one of my favorite tables.

So to the guys from Zen: let your imagination and creativity run wild and give us more original tables with fun themes. How about a table themed on everything Hungarian? I mean who wouldn't want to enjoy their pinball with doses of folklore and gulyás?

Merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

PS. Feel free to add me on xbox live: "Beaugild"
    I play for fun and I'm not very good at it. I own all of the tables and my "super"score is around 1160

Quote Originally Posted by Outlane View Post
    So to the guys from Zen: let your imagination and creativity run wild and give us more original tables with fun themes. How about a table themed on everything Hungarian? I mean who wouldn't want to enjoy their pinball with doses of folklore and gulyás?
    I don't know if you read the earlier post or not, but Zen stated that they only have one Marvel table planned for next year. The rest will be 12 original tables. Oh and I actually like that I idea for a table. Singing folklore drinking ale.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

The rest will be 12 original tables. Oh and I actually like that I idea for a table. Singing folklore drinking ale.
    It's probably more than 12 now. That number came from a question I asked back in March of this year.

It's probably more than 12 now. That number came from a question I asked back in March of this year.
    I wasn't here in March, but I was lurking though. LOL I heard Barbie say it numerous times about 12 non-Marvel tables coming. If its more than that, then I'm all for that. I really believe 2013 will be a huge year for us.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I wasn't here in March, but I was lurking though. LOL I heard Barbie say it numerous times about 12 non-Marvel tables coming. If its more than that, then I'm all for that. I really believe 2013 will be a huge year for us.
    Well It's all good for pinball fans everywhere. 13 tables including Dr Strange for the Marvel side. Most likely the XBOX tables coming to the PS3 that would be even more tables to choose from. Really hope Zen can make this happen. I know many of the 360 players are enjoying the Zen pack.

Make it so.

Aw, sadly I restrict myself to only buying FX2 tables on FX2, meaning no FX1 table whatsoever. I just prefer the newer, fancy ones. Since those Zen classics pretty much equal FX1 tables, those are a no buy for me as well.

Though I have to say, I have Zen Pinball for the 3DS so I already own El Dorado and Shaman and I got bored of V12 within the (extremely) short trial time so the only table I did want was Tesla, paying 800 just to play one table wasn't really an option for me anyway.

Good thing this released though, surely many will be happy with these awesome tables, had loads of fun with El Dorado and Shaman so I would recommend getting it to others. I'll just crawl back to my corner and hope Tesla will release on the 3DS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPanic View Post
    Aw, sadly I restrict myself to only buying FX2 tables on FX2, meaning no FX1 table whatsoever. I just prefer the newer, fancy ones. Since those Zen classics pretty much equal FX1 tables, those are a no buy for me as well.

Though I have to say, I have Zen Pinball for the 3DS so I already own El Dorado and Shaman and I got bored of V12 within the (extremely) short trial time so the only table I did want was Tesla, paying 800 just to play one table wasn't really an option for me anyway.

Good thing this released though, surely many will be happy with these awesome tables, had loads of fun with El Dorado and Shaman so I would recommend getting it to others. I'll just crawl back to my corner and hope Tesla will release on the 3DS as well.
    You know they have been revamped and they are great, right?! You said so yourself about Tesla, Shaman, and El Dorado. Those are Zen classics that were at one point on equal terms with PBFX1 quality. Now they are very much above quality. HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well It's all good for pinball fans everywhere. 13 tables including Dr Strange for the Marvel side. Most likely the XBOX tables coming to the PS3 that would be even more tables to choose from. Really hope Zen can make this happen. I know many of the 360 players are enjoying the Zen pack.

Make it so.
    Of course its great news for all of us. That's what I meant by "us" meaning "pinballers". Just thinking about new tables is enough to get me started. I know no one wants exclusives, but dangit I'm really hoping for a Mario table and/or Yoshi's island table. Don't shoot me! LOL Anyway, I'm sure the team will make it happen (360 to PS3) when the time is right. No worries my friend. We'll all be taken care of .
    Last edited by Rafie; 12-15-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I still can't believe that happened. God, they made us the SURPRISE. I'm very happy.

Great to have these classics on the xbox! I'm 1th on teslas leaderboards and while I like this table a lot, I think it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy to activate the ball saver!
    I don't like playing for hours to beat my scores.

Er, I'm probably going to pass on these. They seem to have been designed in Zen's "inordinately complicated play-field" period. Exactly the same reason I dislike much of what Stern puts out.

I guess I could see myself perhaps putting some time in on the Tesla table, but alas, that's not worth a ten spot.

Curses! Ninj'ad again and forced to rely on trials until I can get some points on my account!

But blees you all Zn for giving us these to pick up! Can't wait as these are brand new to me.

Good luck! Must be a sign that the tables are releasing on the same day as your interview, right?
    I GOT THE JOOOOOOB!!!!...

Woop Woop!... How about a congratz on the new job eh Zen? You know, just a small token... a table or two? .

Haha...

Yeah start on the 7th Jan 2013... I guess I won't be homeless next year and can have nice things again... Like electricity... and water... and food... AND GAMES!!!

*Tempted to buy Wii-U just because it's new*... >.>
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 12-17-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Woop Woop!... How about a congratz on the new job eh Zen? You know, just a small token... a table or two? .

Haha...

Yeah start on the 7th Jan 2013... I guess I won't be homeless next year and can have nice things again... Like electricity... and water... and food... AND GAMES!!!

Congratulations man!

Haha...

Sweet deal! Congrats on the job! Yeah you should get a WiiU so we can get down on some ZP2 when it drops!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Haha...

Congratz m8,wish you all the best!

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Haha...

Gratz! I know It's difficult to find a job in this tough economy.

Haha...

Congrats Lepruk86... trust it is going to be a rewarding challenge (in addition to the salary!). I'm finishing off my thesis for early February and then it is my turn to start looking for work again... looking forward to having a job again but not to go through the whole interview process again

Back to the Zen classics... haven't had much chance to play other than Tesla and I'm finding it quite a challenge. It reminds me in a strange way of Pasha... guess it is the magnets and a top flipper shot that is essential to the gameplay. If only I can hit that magna save coil consistently I would be able to make further progress on the table... just can't get more than one shot into the coil in the minute allowed

I enjoy the fact that it is a low scoring table. It is quite a strange feeling to look up after a half an hours play and realise your score is only 30million. It seems that scoring a 100mil on this table is a nice benchmark.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Thanks all, sorry for the thread ninja! Yeah I quit my teaching job before Summer remember, and sort of been floating for 6 months, so it's great to actually find work again.

And yeah back on topic, I'll be getting these in Jan. I really want them but until I start budget is tight what with christmas etc.

The tables themselves do look fantastic.

Congrats Lepruk! I just got a job too! (Customer service on phone, for various companies). It really is a great feeling to score a good one! I showed that pee test who the boss was!hahahaha.

I just saw the recent blog and now that the guides for the Zen pinball pack is now up. It's nice to see that a guide for these table is up now after so long.

With the influx of information and the petitions to bring PBFX2 tables to PSN as well, I just looked at table guides for ROME, Pasha etc. These tables look so interesting. I can't help but want the XBOX core pack more and more.

congratulation to xbox players, i'll admit i'm a bit jealous
    and thanks Zen for confirming that there is work at hand at bringing the tables to other consoles
    i was patient enough for ZP2 i will be for the time we get PFX tables too

It's been a while!!

I haven't played fx2 since shortly after plants vs zombies was released. So i was happy to find out that there were 5 new tables available to purchase.

Really digging the el dorado map. Although pan flute music tends to annoy me.... reminds me of this: sp_1211_05.jpg and crappy zanfir music lol. It really suits the style and all, but yea... never a fan of the pan flute.
    I love the theme of it. Reminds me of old quartermain serials, or for you younger folks: indiana jones.

Also really like the tesla table. I really haven't put much time into shaman yet. V12 just seems absolutely tedious to me from the first playthrough.

Oh yea, and Civil War. Really liking this table overall. Although when the fights happen the bright red is just well... too damn bright!
    Dig the flow of the table, and the whole gaining allies mechanic.

anyways, thought i'd drop in and say hi, and thanks for the tables!