X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Zen Pinball HD

Zen Pinball HD™ is now available for Google Play™ for Android powered smart phones and tablets! This free download features a mix of 15 Zen original and Marvel Pinball designs, including the Sorcerer’s Lair table for FREE. Zen Studios will support Zen Pinball HD on Google Play with frequent table releases which can be purchased individually as DLC.

Zen Pinball HD tables available:

Sorcerer’s Lair (FREE!)
    X-Men
    Epic Quest
    Wolverine
    Fantastic Four
    Thor
    Captain America
    Avengers
    World War Hulk
    Ghost Rider
    Blade
    Civil War
    Excalibur
    Tesla
    Paranormal

*** Important Zen Pinball HD Information***

-There are two settings in Zen Pinball HD: one for Tegra powered Android devices, and one for standard Android devices.

-Zen Pinball HD was developed and tested on certain Android devices. We recommend you check to see if your device is listed:

Android phones: Motorola Atrix, LG Optimus 2X, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S II

Android Tablets: Asus NEXUS 7, Acer Iconia Tab A500, Asus Transformer TF 101, Asus Transformer TF 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Motorola Xoom

If your device is not listed, we invite you to download the app from the Google Play store and let us know how it works! The app (and the first table) is free!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 01-09-2013, 08:08 PM.
  • Cloda
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2010

I immediately installed this on my Galaxy Note 10.1 when I saw the post. Played one game as a guest on Sorcerer's Lair and after I lost my third ball it went to the score screen and basically froze. Now I can't seem to get it to work again. When I open the game up again there is only a black screen and nothing happens even if I leave it on for a while.

On another note... how do I nudge with the tablet? With a lot of shaking I get it right but then it seems to only nudge a short while after I actually tried to nudge.

NB: After I reset my tablet it seems to be working again.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• OSPerry
      • Oct 2009

Tables purchased on other Android devices, do I have to repurchase again?

I have an android tablet TF201 (Tranformer Prime) I've owned it for my TF201 for several months and it has worked fine.

Occasional stuck flippers and such. I've been waiting to be able to play it on my Motorola Atrix 2. This is the Atrix2, not Atrix1. I know its been capable of playing on the Atrix 1 for quite a while now.

What I'd like to know, is that since I downloaded (Purchased) tables for my Transformer Prime, will I have to repurchase tables for my phone (Motorola Atrix2)? I hope I don't have to re-purchase tables for the same platform (android)...

Please let me know what is up with that and if there is a process or work around, I might not be aware of. I've already purchase these tables multiple times between, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and my wifes IOS (Ipad 2).

Thanks,
      OSPerry

Comment

• Solitude
        KickBeaten Down
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by OSPerry
        I have an android tablet TF201 (Tranformer Prime) I've owned it for my TF201 for several months and it has worked fine.

Occasional stuck flippers and such. I've been waiting to be able to play it on my Motorola Atrix 2. This is the Atrix2, not Atrix1. I know its been capable of playing on the Atrix 1 for quite a while now.

What I'd like to know, is that since I downloaded (Purchased) tables for my Transformer Prime, will I have to repurchase tables for my phone (Motorola Atrix2)? I hope I don't have to re-purchase tables for the same platform (android)...

Please let me know what is up with that and if there is a process or work around, I might not be aware of. I've already purchase these tables multiple times between, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and my wifes IOS (Ipad 2).

Thanks,
        OSPerry
        It should not be a problem. Just hit the Refresh Purchases button on the game's main menu on your phone, while you're signed in with the same google account.

Comment

• Rafie
          • May 2012

Yes I'm downloading as we speak! I'll be speaking for the Galaxy 3 once I've payed the table on the phone.
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• tenorhero
            • Mar 2012

I'm usually not one to play Pinball on an android phone or any phone for that matter because the screen is rather small. I must say that I did download the game on My SG3 and with it being a decent sized screen it plays pretty well. Although there seems to be a little slowdown here and there but I can't really tell what exactly makes it so.

Sorcerer's Lair probably the most loved table by many and it's FREE. That'll hold me over if I'm on the road or waiting for an appointment. Thanks Zen.

Comment

• unwiredben
              • Dec 2012

Controller support

I've been playing the free table on my Nexus 7 a bit, and just picked up Tesla to try out. I'd love to see iCade/8-bitty support -- those controllers looks like BT keyboards, so being able to map their key presses to flippers would be really great. I tried using the USB/BT Joystick Center app for this, but found it very confusing, much more than just natively supporting the controller.

Comment

• Rafie
                • May 2012

Originally posted by tenorhero
                I'm usually not one to play Pinball on an android phone or any phone for that matter because the screen is rather small. I must say that I did download the game on My SG3 and with it being a decent sized screen it plays pretty well. Although there seems to be a little slowdown here and there but I can't really tell what exactly makes it so.

Sorcerer's Lair probably the most loved table by many and it's FREE. That'll hold me over if I'm on the road or waiting for an appointment. Thanks Zen.
                Agreed! I just got done playing on my SG3 and I feel the same about the little stutters that happen sometimes. Especially for multiball. It's really no big deal at all though. The table (Sorcerer's Lair) looks absolutely stunning. Zen very good job!
                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• MarkItZeroSmoky
                  • Sep 2012

Talk about AWESOME!

Wow...now that WAS fast! Barbie, just yesterday we talked about this, and I guess you weren't kidding when you said "soon, VERY SOON!"

Anyway, looks ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC on my HTC EVO 4g LTE!! And I'm actually able to see what I'm doin! Lol...I hit the 6 way combo trophy immediately after start up (trophies on my phone, how awesome is that! ) plus I see it says all tables on sale .99 $ each...Happy Holidays indeed!

Couple quick questions....how much are the tables normally? (Not that it matters, buyin em all anyway, just curious)

When I create a mobile account, can I use my psn id? Also, are leaderboards seperate for mobile? (hence why I ask about using my psn id)

Anyway you guys are the best!

(and thanks for probably gettin me fired, now that ill be playing this at work! lol j/k )
                  Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 12-19-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Kolma
                    • Dec 2012

any chance support for HTC evo 3D/HTC evo V 4G will be added? it's plenty powerful enough
                    Doesn't have to be 3D, just want to be able to play the game on the go without dragging around my Acer Iconia tab A500

Comment

• Bearded_Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

Thanks so much for getting this out! I can't wait to show some of my friends and co-workers what Zen Pinball is all about. I was really, really hoping that The Infinity Gauntlet would be available, but I have plenty to keep me busy for now. It is coming eventually though, right?
                      PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• SwitchBlade
                        • Jun 2011

Looks and plays great on my Nook running Android 4.1.2, Jelly Bean. Played a couple games of SL and Blade with no problems so far.

Comment

• Cloda
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Nov 2010

Nudging is really ineffective for me with the tablet... and it hurts my wrists Don't have any confidence in using it because it can just as well not work. I remember reading somewhere that it can be remapped to the top of the screen on Ios. Is that not possible for android as well?

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

• surf1der
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
                            Nudging is really ineffective for me with the tablet... and it hurts my wrists Don't have any confidence in using it because it can just as well not work. I remember reading somewhere that it can be remapped to the top of the screen on Ios. Is that not possible for android as well?
                            Nope. Nudging cannot be remapped on iPads. It is all motion control (i.e. accelerometers/gyroscope). You may be thinking of the Pinball Arcade. Nudging can be remapped to the top of the screen on that game. I have played ZP on an iPad 1,2, and 3 and the nudging mechanic is terrible on all three. There is a single sensitivity slider for adjusting nudging. I have fiddled with the slider a lot but had no success. Nudging is too unreliable and inconsistent to use regularly for tablets. An attempted nudge will either 1) nudge correctly (which is rare) 2) fail to nudge at all 3) tilt with no tilt warnings. Because of the high likelihood of outcomes 2 and 3, it is not wise nudge at all. You just have to get used to playing the game without nudging. It makes the game harder, especially because of Zen's love of timed modes. You have to use slingshot passes or hold passes instead of nudge passes for ball transfers. The only time I would ever consider nudging on my iPad is attempting to do a bangback and only when I don't expect to have a large EOB bonus because an unexpected tilt can easily wipe it out. Don't expect any changes to nudging anytime soon. This has been a complaint in the iOS thread for over a year, basically since the release of the game.

Comment

• Cloda
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by surf1der
                              Nope. Nudging cannot be remapped on iPads. It is all motion control (i.e. accelerometers/gyroscope). You may be thinking of the Pinball Arcade. Nudging can be remapped to the top of the screen on that game. I have played ZP on an iPad 1,2, and 3 and the nudging mechanic is terrible on all three. There is a single sensitivity slider for adjusting nudging. I have fiddled with the slider a lot but had no success. Nudging is too unreliable and inconsistent to use regularly for tablets. An attempted nudge will either 1) nudge correctly (which is rare) 2) fail to nudge at all 3) tilt with no tilt warnings. Because of the high likelihood of outcomes 2 and 3, it is not wise nudge at all. You just have to get used to playing the game without nudging. It makes the game harder, especially because of Zen's love of timed modes. You have to use slingshot passes or hold passes instead of nudge passes for ball transfers. The only time I would ever consider nudging on my iPad is attempting to do a bangback and only when I don't expect to have a large EOB bonus because an unexpected tilt can easily wipe it out. Don't expect any changes to nudging anytime soon. This has been a complaint in the iOS thread for over a year, basically since the release of the game.
                              https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...p?3756-Nudging
                              Thanks for the reply. Pity to hear that nudging is worthless. On a positive note it will teach me how to play without using nudge as I am a prolific nudger on FX 2... I'm sure it will translate into new skills on FX 2.

I doubt though if I will ever play it often on my tablet... its nice to have though when I'm on holiday or something.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Working...