Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: How do you save your game?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default How do you save your game?

    Call me stupid but can you or how do you save your game? If you can't then this is a Hugh deal breaker for me on buying any of the other tables. I don't have hours to sit and play one game at times.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    You cannot save progress of a pinball game. Honestly unless your unbelievable at pinball your not looking at hours in just one game. Pinball isn't meant to be that kind of endurance test. This really shouldn't deter you from buying these great games.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Oh trust me if you want to get to a billion points on some tables it will take hours. I have a Captain America score on my 3ds that lasted no less then 8 hours probably longer. That was over the course of three days and quite a few saves thanks to that option! If I can't save then I probably won't bother with it and just wait for the 3ds dlc. That really sucks though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Call me stupid but can you or how do you save your game? If you can't then this is a Hugh deal breaker for me on buying any of the other tables. I don't have hours to sit and play one game at times.
    I'm not sure if this applies to the Android version, but for the PS3/Vita version you just pause the game and select quit. It will automatically save the game and once you select the table again it will ask you if you want to restart from your save or start a new game.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm not sure if this applies to the Android version, but for the PS3/Vita version you just pause the game and select quit. It will automatically save the game and once you select the table again it will ask you if you want to restart from your save or start a new game.
    Yeah the 3ds saves the same way but I didn't see anything like that for the android table that's free. When the app is running I can't do anything else on my phone like check a text or email or ill lose my game. Plus as you know really kills those marathon sessions for high scores!

  6. #6
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Chop View Post
    Pinball isn't meant to be that kind of endurance test.
    Tell that to Zen. The majority of their tables are an endurance test...if you're any good. I've had many, many games last multiple hours over several days on my ps3.
    But I dont expect the games to last as long as on my ps3 with the difficulty of nudging the table on ZP HD.

    I haven't tried to save a game yet, but now that you mention it, I haven't seen a way to do it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Yeah you do make a good point. Nudging is not easy from what I've seen up to this point. Shaking my phone is not really fun at all as it just messes me up! I really can't believe this hasn't come up before tbh! The saving part that is.

  8. #8
    Senior Member SwitchBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, United States
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Maybe I'll get better at nudging, but the only time I try it is for a bang back. My tablet likes to register more than one nudge when I do try it resulting in way too many tilts. And no end of ball bonus.

    I'd like to see Zen implement something where when you do nudge the table, it can only register a single nudge. I do need to play around with the nudge sensitivity setting more and see if I can adjust it to my liking.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas / The Silver State
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    These tables will not save. I thought this was odd too.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Screw the nudge its too annoying to use. I just had a game that lasted over an hour and got tired so I let the last two balls drain so at least my score would register. 114 overall. Not to bad for only playing for about 5 hours total over only four games played. Sorcerers lair was the table as I will NOT waist my money on the rest. Don't have the time to sit for hours at a time to try to get high scores. Now I know why I hate gaming on my phone! Still love ya Zen! Please hurry with the 3ds dlc as that's where my money will go!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Yeah you do make a good point. Nudging is not easy from what I've seen up to this point. Shaking my phone is not really fun at all as it just messes me up! I really can't believe this hasn't come up before tbh! The saving part that is.
    I brought up the lack of a saving feature for the mobile platform a long time ago. Though it was in the iOS subforum. Same goes with the poor nudging mechanic. Never got any kind of response or feedback. The OS X version is even worse. No save feature and still no global leader boards.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    After all my ranting the other day I decided to get a 10$ card and Download 10 tables. I really want to sample them if nothing else. With the horrible nudge I won't be going for too many high scores but it will give me a good idea of what ill want first in the future. Of course ill want every table Zen puts out but ill focus more on the ones I like more! After all you can't beat that price and for 99 cents a table its at least worth it for trying out! Thanks for the help and feed back everyone!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Lightbulb

    I found a way to save the game...sort of. I was in the middle of a game and I just held down the 'Home' button on my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII) and the game closed and took me to my home screen. When I re-opened ZP HD I was taken to the pause menu on the table I was playing. I know this isn't exactly the same as saving a game but it is very helpful. I don't think it would work if you powered your phone off though. I hope this helps!
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Yeah I noticed that too. However if you open your web browser or send a text it will close the table. I've tried it out to see if it would work but didn't.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. However if you open your web browser or send a text it will close the table. I've tried it out to see if it would work but didn't.
    You can make phone calls though.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  16. #16
    Senior Member MarkItZeroSmoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    You can make phone calls though.
    Unfortunately, not on mine. (evo 4g LTE) yeah this is kindve an issue. I've lost a couple good games. Mobile version definitely needs the save game when exiting table from menu like console versions. Only prob might be taking an incoming call, seeing as your call screen overtakes everything.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I have not finished one game yet on my tablet. Even though it is still harder than on the xbox you still need quite a bit of time to complete a game e.g. To play through wizard mode on fantastic 4. I just don't play that long at a time on my tablet as I'm am only playing if I'm waiting for something for a couple of minutes. Please put a save option in else I am never really going to be able to enjoy your tables on android.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Youtube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  18. #18

    Default

    I agree on the nudging. It's impossible on my tablet.

    I've always though that using the top of my screen would work a lot better. Tap at the bottom for my flippers, and tap at the top. Top right to nudge right, top left to nudge left, and top center to nudge up.

    Shaking the device just doesn't work. It's a portable machine. It's already shaking. Try playing on the bus with low settings. You get a TILT ball loss after every bump in the road.
    Happy Zen Pinball Android Customer
    ASUS Transformer TF101

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Have to bump this thread.


    Saving is soooooo important. Just had a really good first ball on Boba Fett during my lunch. Hit the home button with expectation to continue where I left off later tonight. Once i got home i tried opening the app, it still showed the exact spot i was at in my suspended apps, but when i opened it the app it reloaded and I lost all my progress!!!............... Sometimes it loads at the right spot and sometimes it reloads the entire app.

    The whole point of mobile games is to be quick. A save feature is necessary for this type of game. surf1der it is kind of frustrating that know one has gotten back to you on this even on the IOS forum.

    Has anyone been able to find a way to do this? Zen are there at least plans to implement this?!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaykrz View Post
    Have to bump this thread.


    Saving is soooooo important. Just had a really good first ball on Boba Fett during my lunch. Hit the home button with expectation to continue where I left off later tonight. Once i got home i tried opening the app, it still showed the exact spot i was at in my suspended apps, but when i opened it the app it reloaded and I lost all my progress!!!............... Sometimes it loads at the right spot and sometimes it reloads the entire app.

    The whole point of mobile games is to be quick. A save feature is necessary for this type of game. surf1der it is kind of frustrating that know one has gotten back to you on this even on the IOS forum.

    Has anyone been able to find a way to do this? Zen are there at least plans to implement this?!
    Not sure if there are plans to do so but I will send this thread to the team again so they know people still want it.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    thanks Barbie

  22. #22
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Not sure if there are plans to do so but I will send this thread to the team again so they know people still want it.
    I'll take a guess that a majority of players would want this. I really haven't finished one game on tablet even though it is very playable... games just last too long.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

    Youtube Channel - PinStratsDan

    Twitter - PinStratsDan

    Facebook - PinStratsDan

    Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

  23. #23
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I'll take a guess that a majority of players would want this. I really haven't finished one game on tablet even though it is very playable... games just last too long.
    Maybe the problem is with us. We just need to suck more at pinball!

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    still wondering if something like this is in the works???

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Windsor Ontario CANADA
    Posts
    38

    Default

    bump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •