X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boulderdash
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2011

How to deal with the notorious MARS Pyramid end game

As most of you can confirm, the end game of the MARS table is total nightmare. It's not hard to trigger but finishing off is not all about skills but there is some luck needed too. Well... tonight I did 20 tries in one game (took me about 4 hours) but I din'nt manage to completely finish it. Awfully 2 of the times I got the target but draind a ball too much when trying to lock em up in the pyramid.
    Good thing I am bald allready othrwise I pulled out all of em

I must admit that the fattigue kicked in after those 4 hours resulting in a concentration loss.

How do you all approach the end game? Are there any other tactics inolved besides praying the balls bouces or collide within the good direction or by elevating the upper right flipper (only 1 in 30 hits the target by accident that way.) For me nudging wont work quite.

Only if the targets were allways lid instead of switching every other 30 or so seconds...
  • shogun00
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2011

On the PS3 version (not sure about the Vita version), you can actually hit the MARS targets with timed tip shots from the lower right flipper. The same goes for two Galaxy targets with the left flipper. However, it can be hard to time the shots with the multiball.

It only took me 10 attempts in one game to complete the Pyramid mission in ZP2, compared to ZP1 which took me over a 100 attempts across many games.

Comment

• Boulderdash
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by shogun00
      On the PS3 version (not sure about the Vita version), you can actually hit the MARS targets with timed tip shots from the lower right flipper. The same goes for two Galaxy targets with the left flipper. However, it can be hard to time the shots with the multiball.
      To be honest I read the STTC guide and quite of tunnelvisioned to it (mainly focussed on the top flipper while trapping the other ball(s) into the left one. But I'm happy to hear that the right flipper can hit more then the R and the S. (Lets hope the Vita mechanics are a copy of the PS3's)

Originally posted by shogun00
      It only took me 10 attempts in one game to complete the Pyramid mission in ZP2, compared to ZP1 which took me over a 100 attempts across many games.
      Haha, so basicly we are darn lucky right now...? Good thing the table itself is great I love to try over and over again.

Comment

• shogun00
        Pinball Wizard
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Boulderdash
        To be honest I read the STTC guide and quite of tunnelvisioned to it (mainly focussed on the top flipper while trapping the other ball(s) into the left one. But I'm happy to hear that the right flipper can hit more then the R and the S. (Lets hope the Vita mechanics are a copy of the PS3's)
        Keep in mind, that STTC's guide for Mars is based on the Pinball FX 2 version of the table. ZP1 version is by far the hardest, while the ZP2 version is the easiest. The Pinball FX 2 version falls in between from what I've heard.

Haha, so basically we are darn lucky right now...? Good thing the table itself is great I love to try over and over again.
        Yes, but it's still hard to do. It's just not "extremely hard" like it used to be.

On ZP1, the Pyramid trophy was only a bronze and it was by far the hardest bronze trophy to get in the game.
        Last edited by shogun00; 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM. Reason: Forgot a "but"

Comment

• Boulderdash
          Pinball Wizard
          • Sep 2011

Thanks for the tips shogun

Comment

• caper_26
            • Jul 2009

I can't believe you only get a couple million for completing it too.
            Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
              Writer of Guides
              • Apr 2011

Ah the dreaded Pyramid Mission, if I end of completing it I usually can have a great game.
              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Rafie
                • May 2012

WOOOHOOO a post! These forums were dead for a bit. LOL
                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• snakeman07
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Rafie
                  WOOOHOOO a post! These forums were dead for a bit. LOL
                  Yeah really!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                    Writer of Guides
                    • Apr 2011

Lol u guys, it's just the calm before the storm remember Barbs said a big announcement is coming. I'm sure it will liven up this place, it almost always goes in this pattern.
                    sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• Rafie
                      • May 2012

I hope so. I miss this place being active like it was before.
                      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                      Gamertag- RAFIE82
                      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Metalzoic
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
                        Lol u guys, it's just the calm before the storm remember Barbs said a big announcement is coming. I'm sure it will liven up this place, it almost always goes in this pattern.
                        Big announcement? What big announcement? Coming? Soon? As in "keep hitting refresh" soon or like "before the Earth revolves around the sun again" soon? Is it something cool and new or is it another Marvel table? If we have to have another super hero table can't it be something interesting? Like the Flaming Carrot? Less spandex wussiness and more, err... heroic vegetableness? Not enough heroes are made of food. Tacos are food. Does it have to do with tacos? I love tacos! Now I want tacos. Maybe it's a taco themed table! What were we talking about?

Comment

• Dinosaur Toy
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Metalzoic
                          Big announcement? What big announcement? Coming? Soon? As in "keep hitting refresh" soon or like "before the Earth revolves around the sun again" soon? Is it something cool and new or is it another Marvel table? If we have to have another super hero table can't it be something interesting? Like the Flaming Carrot? Less spandex wussiness and more, err... heroic vegetableness? Not enough heroes are made of food. Tacos are food. Does it have to do with tacos? I love tacos! Now I want tacos. Maybe it's a taco themed table! What were we talking about?
                          1. Wait for Zen Pinball Wii U to release.

2. Start the rumor that, despite public statements, Zen is working on an entire set of Nintendo-themed tables.

3. Sit back, watch 2 years of constant speculation and posting unfold.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Dinosaur Toy
                            1. Wait for Zen Pinball Wii U to release.

2. Start the rumor that, despite public statements, Zen is working on an entire set of Nintendo-themed tables.

3. Sit back, watch 2 years of constant speculation and posting unfold.
                            Oh god please no I'll cry!

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                              Writer of Guides
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Metalzoic
                              Lol Barb's said in early 2013 there is gonna be a big announcement... we just dunno what that is.
                              sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Working...