Thoughts on tables and the abrupt price bump...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Somnolence
    • Dec 2012

Thoughts on tables and the abrupt price bump...

I just discovered your Android release this evening and decided I'd go ahead and purchase all the tables due to the sale.

After buying and downloading seven of these, I went to purchase the Wolverine table. Naturally, the price went back to the regular rate. My thumbs were in the muscle memory mode and clicked to purchase before the price loaded. Once committed, there was no way to reverse it after the price did load (note that refunds are disabled on this content).

I'm irked by this for two reasons. First, you guys have seriously phoned in some of these Marvel tables. For many, the difference in quality and playability between these and your original releases is significant. Second, you're still advertising this sale is active within the app description. This is misleading.

Now that I've relayed my frustration, I have another request. Do you sell the music song tracks to these tables anywhere? Perhaps there's some kind of compilation available?
  • Somnolence
    • Dec 2012

I should clarify what I mean by the quality/playability complaint... 3/4 of the purchased Marvel tables play at such an inconsistent, choppy rate that I feel they're in a beta state. This is despite playing on a Tegra 2 device at the "standard" video quality setting.

In light of this, it's understandable why many similar grievances are voiced in the App store reviews.

Comment

• Tech101
      • Jan 2012

First question would be did you reset your tablet? I'm not trying to sound repetitive but it does help on my phone.

Also it does suck you got charged the regular rate as on Saturday I bought the last two tables I wanted at the sale price. I thought I missed it and was willing to pay full price. Did you pay full price for all the tables? Or did it switch just on the last table you were talking about?
      Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• Decade360
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Somnolence
        Do you sell the music song tracks to these tables anywhere? Perhaps there's some kind of compilation available?
        Some of the soundtracks are available as a free download from Zen.

"Civil War": http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=2486
        "Mars": http://zenstudios.bandcamp.com/album...nal-soundtrack
        "Marvel": http://zenstudios.bandcamp.com/album...nal-soundtrack

Comment

• satch
          • Feb 2010

I should clarify what I mean by the quality/playability complaint... 3/4 of the purchased Marvel tables play at such an inconsistent, choppy rate that I feel they're in a beta state. This is despite playing on a Tegra 2 device at the "standard" video quality setting.

In light of this, it's understandable why many similar grievances are voiced in the App store reviews.
          I have a Archos 80 G9 Tablet its dual core but is not tegra powerd and Zen pinball plays smooth on it, one thing that often happens is as soon as i start playing Zen or TPA on it, the tablet decides that that is a good time to update other apps, this is the only time when its downloading and installing other apps that it plays "choppy" for me.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

I just discovered your Android release this evening and decided I'd go ahead and purchase all the tables due to the sale.

After buying and downloading seven of these, I went to purchase the Wolverine table. Naturally, the price went back to the regular rate. My thumbs were in the muscle memory mode and clicked to purchase before the price loaded. Once committed, there was no way to reverse it after the price did load (note that refunds are disabled on this content).

I'm irked by this for two reasons. First, you guys have seriously phoned in some of these Marvel tables. For many, the difference in quality and playability between these and your original releases is significant. Second, you're still advertising this sale is active within the app description. This is misleading.

Now that I've relayed my frustration, I have another request. Do you sell the music song tracks to these tables anywhere? Perhaps there's some kind of compilation available?
            I believe you emailed me directly and we got this sorted out, is that correct?

Comment

Working...