Thread: Marvel Pinball Civil War

Default Marvel Pinball Civil War

New Year's resolution: More pinball... CHECK!

Marvel Pinball Civil War is now available on Windows 8! Check out the blog for more info and be sure to download the soundtrack if you haven't yet!

I bought the table, but I can not play him.
    The table does not load and Pinball FX crashes.
    Pinball FX2
    Windows 8 Pro

Same problem as hawitt, can check leaderboards and achievements but trying to load the table freezes entire pinball fx2 and you have to restart it manually. All other tables work as they should.
    Last edited by Kinkimono; 01-03-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks for the reports, we're looking into it.

Default Also

Same Problem

Question

Same issue here.
    PSN:derKlaus | XBL:derKlaus

Quote Originally Posted by djgospel2000 View Post
    Same Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by derKlaus View Post
    Same issue here.
    Thanks guys, we're working with Microsoft to figure this out

Default I am having exact issue, but they will fix and the Civil War Fun will commence

I am having exact issue, but they will fix and the Civil War Fun will commence! I am glad most gamers I see on here are patient with developers, [I get kinda angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry]. The trolls and such posting annoying and misguided info to people who make the things we enjoy, I been doing this a lil while and it is refreshing to have some fellow gamers understanding that things happen and we must be patient. Having said that of course I am looking forward to Civil War and hopefully the remaining tables, Blade, Ghost Rider, MoonKnight and as a registered mutant of course the X-men. I willl buy every table you make and support you Zen anyway. well, with my supported devices i.e. PC and Windows phone we don't use our Xbox or PS3 online though. These are truly the most unique and fun digital Pinball games ever and I own most at this point. Keep up the great work! Rock On my fellow muties!

Quote Originally Posted by geo_x View Post
    I am having exact issue, but they will fix and the Civil War Fun will commence! I am glad most gamers I see on here are patient with developers, [I get kinda angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry]. The trolls and such posting annoying and misguided info to people who make the things we enjoy, I been doing this a lil while and it is refreshing to have some fellow gamers understanding that things happen and we must be patient. Having said that of course I am looking forward to Civil War and hopefully the remaining tables, Blade, Ghost Rider, MoonKnight and as a registered mutant of course the X-men. I willl buy every table you make and support you Zen anyway. well, with my supported devices i.e. PC and Windows phone we don't use our Xbox or PS3 online though. These are truly the most unique and fun digital Pinball games ever and I own most at this point. Keep up the great work! Rock On my fellow muties!
    Thank you! The fix should be deployed very soon!

I am having exact issue, but they will fix and the Civil War Fun will commence! I am glad most gamers I see on here are patient with developers, [I get kinda angry and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry]. The trolls and such posting annoying and misguided info to people who make the things we enjoy, I been doing this a lil while and it is refreshing to have some fellow gamers understanding that things happen and we must be patient.
    /signed. There are 19 other tables on Win 8 that kick a**. I can wait for Civil War (or I play it on PS3)

Having said that of course I am looking forward to Civil War and hopefully the remaining tables, Blade, Ghost Rider, MoonKnight and as a registered mutant of course the X-men.
    Especially Moon Knight, one of my absolute favourites out there.

Exclamation Why are you selling Civil War when it doesn't work?

I'll hold off on purchasing any more tables until it's fixed. It makes me wonder how many other tables don't work.

Default Yes I am also looking forward to Moonknight and agree with your 19 tables comment

Yes I am also looking forward to Moonknight and agree with your 19 tables comment, There is so much to do with existing tables and after looking at snarfo67 stats I could be along time learning how to be a real Pinball wizard such as him add me as a friend if you want, I am Geo Pin on Xbox DerKlaus

Moon knight, blade, and ghost rider - I look forward to those also. But my favorite is Ms Splotion Man. Hoping since windows 8 is MS that the license carries over from xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by jgs001 View Post
    I'll hold off on purchasing any more tables until it's fixed. It makes me wonder how many other tables don't work.
    I own all tables and this is the first I've had any trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkimono View Post
    I own all tables and this is the first I've had any trouble with.
    same here, everything worked fine so far. Since the Issue with buying new tables a few weeks ago was solved very fast I think this will be done in a few days.

Default I remember...

...back when I was using Win 3, no one complained about a delay in the release of a new table for the pinball game. There was only ONE table and we were all just amazed that we could play pinball on the computer. You kids these days... you're SOFT! When I was a kid, I used to have to rub two sticks together to start the bootstrap loader. My VIC 20 had a hand crank!!
    Last edited by djgospel2000; 01-04-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: syntax

...back when I was using Win 3, no one complained about a delay in the release of a new table for the pinball game. There was only ONE table and we were all just amazed that we could play pinball on the computer. You kids these days... you're SOFT! When I was a kid, I used to have to rub two sticks together to start the bootstrap loader. My VIC 20 had a hand crank!!

Plus one table then would cost what we pay for 8 tables now. Oh the good 'ole days of 8-bit.

Hahaha! Thanks for putting things in perspective!

What?! Yours didn't ran on hamster power?
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-04-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Lightbulb Just updated PinballFX2....

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thank you! The fix should be deployed very soon!
    ...and Civil War ist working fine now. This was *really* fast.

Quote Originally Posted by derKlaus View Post
    ...and Civil War ist working fine now. This was *really* fast.
    It is not working fine now.

Anyone know how this will be deployed once fixed? Is there a table update process? It doesn't look like we can uninstall a table either without reinstalling the whole pinball fx.

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    It is not working fine now.

Anyone know how this will be deployed once fixed? Is there a table update process? It doesn't look like we can uninstall a table either without reinstalling the whole pinball fx.
    Did you do the PinballFX program update in the Windows Store? Civil War is working for me now after that. Now I just need to learn this table to thwart my arch-nemesis, Hawitt...

Quote Originally Posted by snarfo View Post
    Did you do the PinballFX program update in the Windows Store? Civil War is working for me now after that. Now I just need to learn this table to thwart my arch-nemesis, Hawitt...
    There's a guide up now if you need it!

Thanks! I beat the ball around a while to check it out (I got it on Android a while ago but hadn't played it much) and realized it seems a bit more complex to figure out than, say, Epic Quest :-P The guide will help a lot.

Default ThanX for assistance snarfo and others your tips have rstored civil war to max battle

ThanX for assistance snarfo and others your tips have restored civil war to max battle capacity and good to have some friends to put my pinball skill in real perspective hehe and maybe I will be even mediocre lol I love the table seems tough but need skill improvement. So much fun and now I know how to update my apps! Oh I need to know this important question, wait this deserves a new thread.

How many weeks will it take to make Civil War usable?
    Is their a plan for Plants Vs Zombies to be made for Win 8?

Default Top Notch

This is a fantastic table! Kudos to the team at ZEN. You guys just seem to outdo yourselves at every turn, and the Civil War table does not disappoint in any way. The representation of the source story is amazing, and the in-game missions toward the story line feel more like a video game than a pinball table! (Yes, I KNOW it's a video game) The table is as challenging as any you have put out before, and more challenging than most. Definitely the "Jewel in the Crown", so far, of all of the Marvel tables! (And I say that, knowing that "Hulk is the strongest one there is!") Thanks for the great table, ZEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom75 View Post
    How many weeks will it take to make Civil War usable?
    Is their a plan for Plants Vs Zombies to be made for Win 8?
    I think it took about two days to make Civil War usable. Fun table--- you should try it.

I'm having a go at reinstalling Pinball FX to see if that fixes it.

Uninstalled Pinball FX and reinstalled it now Civil War works Didn't see any update button in store. Looks like all my scores are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom75 View Post
    Uninstalled Pinball FX and reinstalled it now Civil War works Didn't see any update button in store. Looks like all my scores are still there.
    In the future if you need to force check on updates instead of waiting for them to automatically show up:

Go to the store, then go to Settings--> App Updates--> click 'check for updates'.

Thanks for the tip Like this table better than I thought it would be thought I already had too many Marvel tables.