Thread: What Happened?

Default What Happened?

Does anyone remember shortly after Zen 3D first came out over a year ago and we were told that DLC was ready for the game but we (Zen) were just waiting for Nintendo to allow DLC on the 3DS?
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Does anyone remember shortly after Zen 3D first came out over a year ago and we were told that DLC was ready for the game but we (Zen) were just waiting for Nintendo to allow DLC on the 3DS?
    What happened?
    Multiple delays. But we're still planning on 3DS DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    What happened?
    I'm sure it's what they were planning and hoping would happen by the time Nintendo enabled DLC but I think they were fibbing when they told us that. Of course they can't come out and say that now though as it might get em in trouble.

My 2 cents if you will.

It started out waiting for Nintendo and waiting and waiting but when the ok came Zen was knee deep into other projects. I believe it takes longer to program for the 3ds thus it was put aside. Plus I don't think its as profitable as say IOS or android or the other hd systems Wii U aside. Let's face it most if not all the tables have to be scaled back to work on the 3ds. Me personally I just love pinball on my xl in 3d. It just looks that good to me. Adds an added layer of depth!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I Doubt of that because you alway say that & nothing happen. I will think is true when i will view proove.

Quote Originally Posted by Frapril View Post
    I Doubt of that because you alway say that & nothing happen. I will think is true when i will view proove.
    Try to cut her some slack please. She doesn't confirm anything until she has a solid date. If you've seen earlier post last year, you'll see she often uses the word plan alot.

The DLC is coming folks. Complaining isn't going to get it here any faster. We're in for a treat. This year is going to be a great year for all of us.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I understand how things can get delayed, it was that they told us that it's there, it's ready, and the only reason you're not playing it right now is because of Nintendo (I'm paraphrasing) when that wasn't the case is what bothers me.
    Tell me the truth. If I'm told the truth up front then I've got no problem. It's when someone tells me what they think I want to hear and then stick with that even after it becomes clear it wasn't the case that I get upset. They start to lose credibility. Look at all the issues Zen 2 has had launching with Sony. The blame there had almost all been placed on Sony. This could well be true but after I've seen the same type of stuff with Zen and Nintendo...well again it goes back to credibility and who's been honest and upfront in the past.
    Also, I'm not necessarily blaming the messenger. I doubt the moderator(s) are allowed to tell us anything except what the company has told them are their official answers to some questions. It could be they're either reluctantly being false with us or (most likely) aren't in the loop at all and thus know only what they're told. They can probably see through it too, but keeping their jobs probably comes in the way of saying so.

what i think is the delay is a good thing i think. It gives zin some time the polish the game play and every thing it comes with all games you see today. take destroy all humans 2 for the xbox (sorry its the only ecample i can think of at this time) they took that time to fix the bugs in the game they didn't see the first time thrugh. i know i know when a game devoliper shows us a game and then gives us a releas date we then think oh boy can't wait to get our hand on that game to play it and then they sead well this game is now delayed well that feels like a slap in the face but behind the curtin they are atchuly saying well we found some but that needs to be fixed first then we will release the game.

this is just the way i see it thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Can you say whether Epic Quest has been tossed around as a potential port? I'm most excited to play that one!

I understand that it is a more complex table graphically and might be a bit much for 3DS to handle.

Do you know whether any tables would be particularly difficult or impossible for 3DS, or do you suppose that generally it could support most any table you've released so far on other platforms?

Just wondered. I know it's a long shot because anything you say could be construed as an announcement of intent, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for overstepping your bounds.

In any case I love the tables you guys make and I also have a Wii U and will be buying some there as soon as I can in North America.