Thread: 4th most played XBLA title for 2012

Default 4th most played XBLA title for 2012

congrats Zen! Still rocking it!

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/22/top-games-of-2012/

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)

Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
    Trials Evolution
    The Walking Dead
    Pinball FX2
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Castle Crashers
    Gotham City Impostors
    I Am Alive
    Fruit Ninja Kinect
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD
    Trials HD
    Magic 2013
    Fez
    Dungeon Defenders
    Alan Wake’s American Nightmare
    Peggle
    The Simpsons Arcade Game
    REAL STEEL
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Full House Poker

That's awesome! Screw The Walking Dead, I honestly don't understand the hype for that game. I played the first two episodes, and it's just another Telltale game, horrible graphics, clunky controls, etc....I wish I could say Zen Pinball 2 was a top played game on PSN, but I can't

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    That's awesome! Screw The Walking Dead, I honestly don't understand the hype for that game. I played the first two episodes, and it's just another Telltale game, horrible graphics, clunky controls, etc....I wish I could say Zen Pinball 2 was a top played game on PSN, but I can't
    I haven't played the walking dead game yet. For all the episodes it would roughly cost ya 30$ cdn.

I've heard nothing but good things from it. Maybe i'll have to get the trial for the first episode. Telltale games have generally been pretty solid. Hate to say it, but you're literally the first negative review i've ever heard of for that game.

Nice to see Trials Evolution up there as well. It's an amazing game. Extremely challenging and VERY fun casually, or for the serious gamers. Damn that game takes skills on the harder levels. Plus the level editor.

I actually enjoyed the Walking Dead. For more the storyline than anything. It was a good game. Anyway, CONGRATS ZEN!!!! I'm not too surprised here though. I am surprised that CS:GO is lower though. I thought all of the shooter guys would still be playing it. Hmmm! No biggie! YA ZEN FTW!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Walking Dead. For more the storyline than anything. It was a good game. Anyway, CONGRATS ZEN!!!! I'm not too surprised here though. I am surprised that CS:GO is lower though. I thought all of the shooter guys would still be playing it. Hmmm! No biggie! YA ZEN FTW!!!
    Thanks! We were so amped to be right up their with Minecraft, Trials and the Walking Dead! I am definitely a huge Walking Dead fan, first game to ever make me cry like a baby! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    That's awesome! Screw The Walking Dead, I honestly don't understand the hype for that game. I played the first two episodes, and it's just another Telltale game, horrible graphics, clunky controls, etc...
    Too each there own. I'm a big fan of Dynasty Warriors Gundam franchise, but most people see the games as average at best.

All that money Zen must have made from us and they still wont pay for a patch to fix the bugs....

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I am definitely a huge Walking Dead fan, first game to ever make me cry like a baby! haha!
    Proof positive that you have never reached and lost the Wizard Mode of the Iron Man table

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks! We were so amped to be right up their with Minecraft, Trials and the Walking Dead! I am definitely a huge Walking Dead fan, first game to ever make me cry like a baby! haha!
    You guys certainly deserve it, regarding The Walking Dead that game is awesome and It too made me cry so emotional. I actually cried playing many a games some of which are - The Darkness, Red Dead Redemption etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Proof positive that you have never reached and lost the Wizard Mode of the Iron Man table
    Oh the Iron Man Wizard Mode, 8 times of Hell until on the 9th time I beat it.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    All that money Zen must have made from us and they still wont pay for a patch to fix the bugs....
    I doubt that they are making a whole lot of money, considering that they only charge $3 for a table ($2.50 a table for the table packs).

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I doubt that they are making a whole lot of money, considering that they only charge $3 for a table ($2.50 a table for the table packs).
    It's true - a single update would more than wipe out the net from table releases these days. Plus the 4MB title update limit prevents us from doing everything we'd like to in terms of updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It's true - a single update would more than wipe out the net from table releases these days. Plus the 4MB title update limit prevents us from doing everything we'd like to in terms of updates.
    don't microsoft charge the developers something nuts like 10 grand to put a patch/update through? I know some indi devs (Specifically fez i believe) have said that they flat out can't afford to patch their games.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    don't microsoft charge the developers something nuts like 10 grand to put a patch/update through? I know some indi devs (Specifically fez i believe) have said that they flat out can't afford to patch their games.
    Yep, but it's the patch size limit (4MB) that's the real kicker. If the patch is over 4MB, then you have to pay double if not triple or more just to release it on the 360. Sony charges far less from what I've heard and there is no size limit. They can just release out one big patch and can get everything done. The last patch on the PS3 was 23MB large. That means that Zen would have to pay 6x the price (if it's $10,000 for a 4MB patch, then it would cost $60,000 for a 24MB patch) just to release it on the 360.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-25-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Shame, I was hoping the black widow ramp would get fixed at some point - think that's the one that annoys me most.

45000 names on the avengers leaderboards though at $10 a time. Isn't there enough there for a lickle ickle patch? No? Oh well...

45000 names on the avengers leaderboards though at $10 a time. Isn't there enough there for a lickle ickle patch? No? Oh well...
    Yes, but that's $10 for four tables. That means the value of the Avengers (a single table out of 4) is $2.50 and the cost for the license of the Marvel tables is expensive enough "to make you puke" according to Barbie.

If they can't even patch the Paranormal crashing glitch, because it would take more than 4MB to fix. Then how in the heck are they going to fix a design flaw on a ramp with only 4MB, that was only fixed on the PS3 through a platform upgrade?

Yep, but it's the patch size limit (4MB) that's the real kicker. If the patch is over 4MB, then you have to pay double if not triple or more just to release it on the 360. Sony charges far less from what I've heard and there is no size limit. They can just release out one big patch and can get everything done. The last patch on the PS3 was 23MB large. That means that Zen would have to pay 6x the price (if it's $10,000 for a 4MB patch, then it would cost $60,000 for a 24MB patch) just to release it on the 360.
    ahhh now that is insane.

so who wants to start a kickstarter so we can get the looping noise bug in the fight hole on civil war? That's really annoying through a home theater system

This is exactly why there should be more rigorous QA testing before release. Someone mentioned the Black Widow ramp bug on the avengers table. Within 2 games I could tell there was a major problem with the gate on that ramp. Now xbox players are probably stuck with that bug until fx3 is released.

Yes, but that's $10 for four tables. That means the value of the Avengers (a single table out of 4) is $2.50 and the cost for the license of the Marvel tables is expensive enough "to make you puke" according to Barbie.

If they can't even patch the Paranormal crashing glitch, because it would take more than 4MB to fix. Then how in the heck are they going to fix a design flaw on a ramp with only 4MB, that was only fixed on the PS3 through a platform upgrade?
    Well maybe just light the ball saver for a second or two every time the ball goes up that ramp? That would be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    Oh... my dog... don't even start that ordeal again.

I have faced him countless times - gotten all but the last hit a handful more - even fought him 3 times with one ball...
    I still don't have that malicious achievement... and yet, I still keep tryin.
    Yea Zen, thanks a heap. I didn't need any free time this year, anyway.
    ojk. You know I got nothin but love.

Well maybe just light the ball saver for a second or two every time the ball goes up that ramp? That would be good enough.
    Simple and effective... still requires a patch.

Solitude or anyone with the the intel, really: what was the deal with getting patches in when live was having one of their major overhaul updates? We had the one a few months back, when the dashboard got revamped n I think that was when Explorer was added... well, back then, you were pushing for the update like a deadline, and that was when this patch-limit-issue thing, first came up. We kinda lost focus once we realized it stole our achievements away from the new tables, but I feel like there might be some nugget of insight in there, that we overlooked.
    Or, am I imagining things, again?

That's not exactly, totally unheard of, for me ta do...
    Last edited by CheshireGrin1221; 01-25-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Didn't read fully before first response.
    If life's really just a game, it was designed to be played co-op.