X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snakeman07
    Banned
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by tenorhero
    Wasn't there a podcast that Zen mentioned that they might take a real table and do something totally different with it? or something to that extent.
    Yeah there was, I wonder what's going on with that, or if it's really happening. I guess it was all a bit cryptic to understand anyways.

Comment

• X DrLobo
      Pinball Wizard
      • Dec 2010

ugh .. these were not the tables i was looking for :/

Star Wars launched when i was like 9 or 10 yo ... now i'm 42 this month and there's not a single day without something star wars happening somewhere, new toys, new avatar items, new anime, new book, new figures, new lightsaber with motion sensors and sounds from the movie, new lego game, new lego exclusive minifigures, new mmorpg, new extension to the aforementioned new mmorpg, new dolby prologic blu ray remastered trilogy edition blah blah blah now a new movie ... again, and now new pinball tables....

I guess they will be good tables but i'm not sure i can stand another 'piu piu' sound effect from those laser guns ... seriously ... 32 years of something is more than i can bear so i guess i'll pass on those, sorry zen !

I know you'll say haters gonna hate ... well i enjoyed star wars back then and even the 3 new iterations in movie theatres to some extent but now i have enough and frankly i suspect Lucas to keep the fire burning only for the sake of money ... how many movies did he direct after all ? 1 right ? that's a clever business plan....

Comment

• wims
        • Apr 2011

Hi doc !

I was surprised too when I discovered an Empire Strikes Back table 30 years after the movie. It sounds like a retroactive theme, but I guess the gameplay will be fun, like they did with old Marvel characters born in 1950. Finally, I'm glad when Zen do tributes like this. As they say, pinball will never be a blockbuster game, and they need to find new gamers where there're fans.

For me Star Wars universe isn't necessarily "repeated" as you said. My favorite tables are generally dedicated to characters or universe I didn't know so well (Blade, Fear itself, Infinity Gauntlet), I think we can have surprises like that. For exemple, chose Boba Fett for a main theme is just THE original idea, and Clone wars cartoon brings some fun in this 3 tables pack.

I trust them to do something well with Lucasart. My only fear is that they've seriously been working on bugs problems.
        French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

• X DrLobo
          Pinball Wizard
          • Dec 2010

I am not doubting zen's work on these tables, i'm just fed up with star wars alltogether and the money grabbing tool it is.... in a way i think it's great for zen studios since i'm sure these will be their best ever selling tables, but i'd definitely prefer a 'skylanders' table for instance (or any other 'new' succesful license) over a star wars theme .... is there anything in this world that doesn't already exist in a star wars version ? I sur know pinabll tables already exist... maybe not in a digital way though, not sure about that.
          I'm also fed up with Nintendo and especially Mario.... but i guess a mario table is bound to happen eventually since zen pinball is also on 3ds and wiiu ... ( if you really have to make a nintendo exclusive, pick PIKMIN over mario , please!)
          I guess i'm an old grumpy man who gets bored quickly (well, 30 years of the same thing over and over is not exactly quick imo....)

Anyway kudos to zen for getting such a license, i just hope lucas let them keep a little bit of the money this is gonna make

And for the laughs i suggest you all look into barney stinsons ewok's appreciation chart on youtube ... it's hilarious !

Comment

• caper_26
            • Jul 2009

Looking forward to Star Wars after the huge let down of CW. I just got the SW blu-ray set for Christmas and have been enjoying them with the wife & kids in DTS Master Audio 7.2 surround, with 2 do-it-yourself subwoofers. I let the boys watch a trailer for the game last night and they are excited to get the tables. Very smart move by Zen.
            Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Comment

• wims
              • Apr 2011

Finaly, we got it !

Comment

• X DrLobo
                Pinball Wizard
                • Dec 2010

You 'force' me (hu hu) into doing it !!!!

strbac10.jpg

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                  Writer of Guides
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by deep
                  Hint: I broke the record of the longest rule sheet ever
                  Originally posted by shogun00
                  Have fun writing up the guide for this table STTC.

When you say that you broke the record. Are we talking by feet (cm) or miles (km)?
                  Well, if it would have 1 page more, it couldn't have fit in the rulesheet section of the pause menu
                  Oh wow, yep sure gonna have my Guide Writing Skills put to the test.
                  sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• iCub
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    Just because it's not listed doesn't mean you won't see it happen eventually. Those are just the platforms that will have SWP at launch, we'll be announcing more soon.

oo... given that it has already been announced for Pinball FX2, is this a hint that we are indeed getting a PC-Steam release soon?

I'm seriously contemplating leaving console gaming with the next generation and shifting to PC gaming (unless Sony really WOW us on the 20th) and would happily rebuy Zen's tables for the PC. Steam's Big Screen mode really helps PCs work well on a TV format.

Comment

• Bearded_Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

The Clone Wars is Ivan Nicoara's work (World War Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Mars)
                      Hey deep, how do you feel about The Empire Strikes back compared to The Infinity Gauntlet (my personal favorite)?
                      PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• wims
                        • Apr 2011

Just a question, I'd like to know if Attila Heiger has signed some music, or if all tracks are from Star Wars ?

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                          Writer of Guides
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior
                          Hey deep, how do you feel about The Empire Strikes back compared to The Infinity Gauntlet (my personal favorite)?
                          I think deep would say he hit a 'Home Run!'
                          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

• deep
                            Table Designer
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior
                            Well, in gameplay elements, I tried to capture the feeling of real life pinball machines. There are shorter time limits, and less lanes to hit, so the game became quicker, which is awsome I think. I like it a lot

Comment

• snakeman07
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wims
                              Just a question, I'd like to know if Attila Heiger has signed some music, or if all tracks are from Star Wars ?
                              Yeah, I've been wondering about this one, too. On the Empire Strike's Back table, I see a ton of copyrights for John William's score in the outlanes lol. Maybe certain sound effects, and maybe more on the tables like Boba Fett where such themes shouldn't be existing yet?

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
                                Writer of Guides
                                • Apr 2011

Yeh anyone got the HD Overhead Images of the 3 Tables, would be so greatful.
                                sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Working...