Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Pinball

Default Star Wars Pinball

The first pack of tables includes Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. We will be unveiling detailed looks at each table in the coming weeks, so be sure to check the Zen Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest updates.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters, and unique gameplay. There will be a total of ten themed pinball tables in the Star Wars Pinball collection.

May the force be with you.

How will you add 10 more tables to Pinball FX2 on XBLA with only 4 achievements left? Pinball FX2 is at 94 right now and 99 is the max, as far as I know.
    Last edited by NBA Kirkland; 02-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Awesome!!!

"may the silver ball, be with you!"

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Can't wait for this! February is going to be an awesome month!

Looks awesome! Can't wait! I can't believe there's going to be 10 Star Wars tables XD

I wonder if this will be a standalone release but will also work in ZP2, kind of like Marvel Pinball?

Here's an IGN article as well, some gameplay footage

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...e-footage-here

Man oh man, this is going to sell like hotcakes

One thing that is pissing me off are the noobs saying "they cancelled battlefront 3 to make this?" Such ignorance.
    Last edited by snakeman07; 02-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.

totally stoked for the first round of tables coming out followed by the rest of them.

But Im going to throw a some quarters in the wishing well and wish for the following to be Zenmotized.
    Star Wars Data East pinball table
    Star Wars Sega pinball table, Star Wars Trilogy
    Star Wars Williams pinball table, Episode one

(and if Zen can Zenmotize a Futurepinball Star Wars table... that would rock too.)

This....is.....AWESOME!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by ---stone--- View Post
    totally stoked for the first round of tables coming out followed by the rest of them.

But Im going to throw a some quarters in the wishing well and wish for the following to be Zenmotized.

(and if Zen can Zenmotize a Futurepinball Star Wars table... that would rock too.)
    Zen makes their own tables. So no haps. It's all good though. It's gonna work out REALLY good.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

It's doubtful Zen can make those real life SW tables, with licenses and such. Plus, The Williamsn Pinball 2000 episode 1 just isn't going to happen because the technology doesn't exist yet to where a table like that can be masde digitially. Actually, we are about to have one here at PHOF, never played it before. Though mass word is that the Revenge From Mars PB2000 table is worlds better. That's one of my favorite machines there, so fun.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Thumbs up

Data East and Sega somewhat belongs to Stern Pinball (at least I think so, since Data East invested in Gary Stern in the 90ies and later sold the Pinball Division to Sega). Williams and Stern have a Business relationship with Farsight, so the tables will more likely Show up in TPA than Zen Pinball and PinballFX.

To the Topic: YES,YES,YES!!!!!!! I can't wait to Play the Boba Fett and Episode V tables. (And I will buy them at least on PSN and Windows 8, maybe on Xbox too).
    PSN:derKlaus | XBL:derKlaus

Just to clarify - we don't do remakes of existing tables, only original designs

This is great news. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but it's always good to get new tables to play. Thanks Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I know and Zen makes some great original tables. Just wishin <.<

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    It's doubtful Zen can make those real life SW tables, with licenses and such. Plus, The Williamsn Pinball 2000 episode 1 just isn't going to happen because the technology doesn't exist yet to where a table like that can be masde digitially. Actually, we are about to have one here at PHOF, never played it before. Though mass word is that the Revenge From Mars PB2000 table is worlds better. That's one of my favorite machines there, so fun.
    I totally agree with that. Though Germany is kind of a third world in pinball terms, I played the two Pinball 2000 tables a lot. Star Wars Episode 1 mediocre, since Revenge from Mars is a really good table.
    PSN:derKlaus | XBL:derKlaus

Darn tootin'!

I suggest everyone watch the latest Up at Noon, It's all about Star Wars Pinball It's in the link I posted earlier, but I'll embed it here...Man, Neil is such a chill dude

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/05...ils-up-at-noon

The mini game with the lightsaber is awesome! Dat scene from the movie

Great news!

I remember way back in 2011 when Mel was being interviewed and he let this slip out.

Default Cool....but...

I will be buying these tables for sure. I love every table so far, and have no doubt these will be fun too, but I would be remiss if I did not mention that I find the Episode V table to look very much the same as the MARS table in layout. The Boba Fett table kinda reminds me a bit of Fantastic Four/Wolverine.

Am I the only one that sees this?

I made this account just to ask.
    Last edited by Zenfan; 02-05-2013 at 09:23 PM.

This is amazing news! I'm already digging the looks of the Boba Fett table with Jabba in the background.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Great! Star Wars has so many clichés... wonder how many I will recognise while playing the tables. Glad to hear that there are 10 tables planned although I do hope that they are being released interspersed with some awesome Zen originals. I'm also holding thumbs that with a big name franchise like this, that Zen have pulled out all the stops to do some proper quality assurance with regards to both glitches and scoring balance before releasing the tables... don't want to have another Civil War spammable scoring exploit that spoils the rest of the table.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Youtube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

I was just wondering what the next Zen table would be and ... WHAM - three new ones announced. watched the IGN video, very nice looking stuff.

Can't wait. Instabuy! Is it the end of the month yet?

Well done for this duo with Lucasart, you're just... great !

But now I hope there will be indiana jones tables too !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Sounds fun, but doesn't look like it is coming to Wii U.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It will be a refreshing change to all the Marvel tables out there. I admit that I was starting to get bored of them.

Barbie, I don't suppose you'll tell us how far into the development stage these tables are at the moment?
    PSN: Jeppo99
    Feel free to friend me, but make sure you mention that you are from these forums.

Sweet on the Star Wars announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by derKlaus View Post
    Data East and Sega somewhat belongs to Stern Pinball (at least I think so, since Data East invested in Gary Stern in the 90ies and later sold the Pinball Division to Sega).
    You are correct! Stern owns the assets to Data East and Sega Pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Darn tootin'!

I suggest everyone watch the latest Up at Noon, It's all about Star Wars Pinball It's in the link I posted earlier, but I'll embed it here...Man, Neil is such a chill dude
    How nice of him, he said about Zen fans, "some of them are crazy."

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Sounds fun, but doesn't look like it is coming to Wii U.
    The platforms listed are the only ones confirmed at launch. The force is strong with Wii U

How nice of him, he said about Zen fans, "some of them are crazy."
    Haha yeah, I couldn't help but think about us here at the forums when he said that lmao.

Make sure to check out the Game Informer article as well, this online one is good, but if you can get your hands on the print version, I highly recommend it!!!

I have a feeling there's going to be a surge of new players (kind of obvious, but still)...BRACE YOURSELVES.

Congratulations on getting that license, I'm really looking forward to this

BTW, are you guys still working on that non-W8 PC version? I'm glad that I can play those tables on Android, but my pincab is where they really belong...

big zen and star wars fan. can't wait to play these!
    PSN: fullmetalmeecrob

Jaw just dropped.....I LOVE YOU ZEN! you've just combined two of my favorite things!

Its gonna be a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Cheddar View Post
    Congratulations on getting that license, I'm really looking forward to this

BTW, are you guys still working on that non-W8 PC version? I'm glad that I can play those tables on Android, but my pincab is where they really belong...
    I believe so but not sure when that would happen. It would be my platform of choice for sure

Make sure to check out the Game Informer article as well, this online one is good, but if you can get your hands on the print version, I highly recommend it!!!
    I still get the print version. I prefer it over digital, even if it takes longer to get to me.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

An interview from Neil with some gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb8h2CbzLJo

Looks beautifull (tables and Neil of course)

YAY! Marvel and Star Wars are two of my favourite fandoms so having tables on both is fantastic! Loving the initial lineup as well. I'm personally wishing really hard that there's going to be a Battle of Yavin/Death Star Table in the future with chatter from Red Team, zipping down into the Trench and the dreaded 'THE DEATH STAR IS IN RANGE, COMMENCE PRIMARY IGNITION...' For me the Death Star Assault is Star Wars' finest hour, so it needs to be in there. Also Tables based off Revenge of the Sith, the Jedi Knight Games, Podracing and more would be cool.

awesome, but i still hope there will be some "original" zp tables thrown in the mix. i could see star wars getting a bit stale like marvel, but so far these tables look awesome. very high production value and definitely pushing the digital pinball aspect. would like to see less puppets/toys, but i'm very excited about boba fett and ESB.

Looks like the ban on Star Wars has been lifted. It was getting silly. The tables look fun. Though, I don't recognize any of the characters on the table with the very bright light saber artwork. Hey Barbie, I noticed you mentioned that SW pinball will be included in the ZP app and as a stand alone app for the iOS platform. I understand the reason to do that, so that this huge new SW license you got can be displayed prominently in the app store. But is this going to split the iOS pinball community in regards to leaderboards or will both apps share leaderboards?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Looks like the ban on Star Wars has been lifted. It was getting silly. The tables look fun. Though, I don't recognize any of the characters on the table with the very bright light saber artwork. Hey Barbie, I noticed you mentioned that SW pinball will be included in the ZP app and as a stand alone app for the iOS platform. I understand the reason to do that, so that this huge new SW license you got can be displayed prominently in the app store. But is this going to split the iOS pinball community in regards to leaderboards or will both apps share leaderboards?
    Was just thinking the same thing; nice to see our posts are no longer being deleted LOL Poor Barbie must have been working overtime last night trying to shut us fans up.

the IGN preview has me mesmerized; it looks exactly like I would have hoped it to with Xwing and Tie fighters zipping all over the shop. A day 1 purchase for me without a doubt. Any news on pricing yet? Are we looking at the usual $10- 8 quid per pack or will it be higher given the franchise costs?

Also, as per Surf1der's point regarding mobile, will a table bought in the Starwars Pinball app also be playable in the regular Zen Pinball app?

Roll on February 27th (Euro store update day)

As for mobile leaderboards, I have no idea, but I would guess that they'd be split since it's 2 different games. As for pricing, release dates, additional platforms etc, we'll have more news coming throughout February.

Well that's a bummer. It's going to split the zen pinball iOS community for the star wars tables. I figured as much since you are using game center for leaderboards. I don't think I have heard of 2 separate apps using the same game center leaderboards. I think the pinball arcade is able to do it with their free and paid version of their apps because they have their own leaderboard system and don't use game center, as far as I know. Game center sucks. I wonder what is going to happen when we exceed the 25 leaderboards per game limit.

cross trophy with marvel pinball ?
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Star Wars is a great franchise and worthy of such a feature - if anyone can make it work its Zen. Just hope people dont whinge as much as they did over marvel - if you guys are working on 12 tables and 10 are Star Wars that just leaves 1 because we know Dr Strange is another. Everyone moaned about too much marvel - how long before too much Star Wars.

Ive no complaints - cant wait for new tables and yeah im also curious about how we are gonna be about the whole achievement cap issue.

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    cross trophy with marvel pinball ?
    I'm assuming you mean a separate game like Marvel Pinball? Then we can import them into ZP2 and have double the trophies. I would think that it would be a seperate game as well, but since ZP2 is free, I don't think it'll be the case this time around, though I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Star Wars is a great franchise and worthy of such a feature - if anyone can make it work its Zen. Just hope people dont whinge as much as they did over marvel - if you guys are working on 12 tables and 10 are Star Wars that just leaves 1 because we know Dr Strange is another. Everyone moaned about too much marvel - how long before too much Star Wars.

Ive no complaints - cant wait for new tables and yeah im also curious about how we are gonna be about the whole achievement cap issue.
    I was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully all 10 Star Wars tables aren't included in that 12 count. I really want to see more Zen originals.

from what i see it will be added to zen pinball like pvz ,

It looks like Peter "Deep" Grafl (who made F4 and IG) designed the Empire Strikes Back table so I imagine we can expect some stacked multiball modes. I think Ivan Nicoara designed the Clone Wars table. I can't tell who designed the Boba Fett table.

mi za like this very much , i wasn't expecting 10 star wars tables this is just awesome , wonder what the 7 others are based on , mi za so happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    from what i see it will be added to zen pinball like pvz ,
    Correct! Other websites have confirmed that it will in Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball FX 2.

great timing..ill be free from most of the games ive been playing so far by end of feb. hopefully the tables would not be that expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    I was just wondering the same thing. Hopefully all 10 Star Wars tables aren't included in that 12 count. I really want to see more Zen originals.

Well there were 12 tables that were announced (which now 10 of them are confirmed Star Wars tables) and 1 Marvel table (Dr. Strange). So that leaves actually 2 tables. Hmm....my excitement has gone through the roof already. I can't wait to see what Zen does next with their own ideas. Epic Quest and others were amazing.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

It looks like Peter "Deep" Grafl (who made F4 and IG) designed the Empire Strikes Back table so I imagine we can expect some stacked multiball modes. I think Ivan Nicoara designed the Clone Wars table. I can't tell who designed the Boba Fett table.
    That's right! You can find yourselves in a stacked madness for sure, I can tell. The Boba Fett was designed by V.Z. (Fear Itself, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Paranormal, Excalibur, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    That's right! You can find yourselves in a stacked madness for sure, I can tell. The Boba Fett was designed by V.Z. (Fear Itself, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Paranormal, Excalibur, etc)
    I don't mean to pick favorites (in terms of designers) , but that sounds so right lol I have a feeling the Boba Fett table will be the coolest out of the first 3, because I love Fear Itself and Wolverine.

The Boba Fett was designed by V.Z. (Fear Itself, Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Paranormal, Excalibur, etc)
    Ooooo. My favorite table is Fear Itself. Although Paranormal and Ghost Rider aren't my favs it's nice to see that this guy has some tables in his name.

Thanks for the announcement. It was hard keeping this tight as it was leaked yesterday.

I'm sorry for V.Z, i don't like these tables except Wolverine... Please, don't ask me he puts "again" a multiplier bonus which go to 250x and we must grind it to top the leaderboard...
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

'These ARE the tables you were looking for'!!!

Please do everyone a favour and leave Jar Jar out of it, unless of course we get to smash him to smithereens with the silver balls :-)

Those new tables look really cool!

The Idea of Indiana Jones is also interesting...
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Man I swear everyone hates Jar Jar except me. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfan View Post
    I will be buying these tables for sure. I love every table so far, and have no doubt these will be fun too, but I would be remiss if I did not mention that I find the Episode V table to look very much the same as the MARS table in layout. The Boba Fett table kinda reminds me a bit of Fantastic Four/Wolverine.

Am I the only one that sees this?

I made this account just to ask.
    Can you describe what seems similar to you about the lay-outs?

If you are worried that a similar lay-out will lead to a table that plays the same, think of how different playing Wolverine is from playing Fantastic Four. I don't personally think they have similar lay-outs but you mention them together so i figure that you do.

i agree with you this will be cool.

here are the link i found on the internet pinball database

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=st...archtype=quick

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=st...ype=quick#4054

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=st...archtype=quick
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

February becomes the longuest month of the year 2013.

I don't know what future SW tables are planned, but if a Dark Forces/Jedi Knight table made it into the mix, it would be one of the best things ever.

I don't mean to pick favorites (in terms of designers) , but that sounds so right lol I have a feeling the Boba Fett table will be the coolest out of the first 3, because I love Fear Itself and Wolverine.
    The Boba Fett table is definitely my favorite! The other 2 tables are really good too, though. It's a really strong pack. Can't wait for you all to play them!!

Cool. I think you are the only zen table designer that really uses stacked multiball/modes. I really like the strategy and scoring opportunities that stacking provides. A lot of my favorite pins like Addams Family, Monster Bash, and Twilight Zone all have some form of stacking.

I don't see any mention of release on PC. Will we eventually be getting a later PC release?

Cool. I think you are the only zen table designer that really uses stacked multiball/modes. I really like the strategy and scoring opportunities that stacking provides. A lot of my favorite pins like Addams Family, Monster Bash, and Twilight Zone all have some form of stacking.
    The Episode V table has a new dot matrix system which helps you follow the currently running modes. Yes, that many can run together

The Episode V table has a new dot matrix system which helps you follow the currently running modes. Yes, that many can run together
    Liking the sound of that, can't wait to get deep into that table lol.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by billpa View Post
    I don't see any mention of release on PC. Will we eventually be getting a later PC release?
    Just because it's not listed doesn't mean you won't see it happen eventually. Those are just the platforms that will have SWP at launch, we'll be announcing more soon.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Liking the sound of that, can't wait to get deep into that table lol.
    Hint: I broke the record of the longest rule sheet ever

Have fun writing up the guide for this table STTC.

When you say that you broke the record. Are we talking by feet (cm) or miles (km)?

Hahaha! *High five*

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

When you say that you broke the record. Are we talking by feet (cm) or miles (km)?
    Well, if it would have 1 page more, it couldn't have fit in the rulesheet section of the pause menu

Nice tables, although I think 10 tables is a little overkill. Thanks for the ban by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by casio v.1.2 View Post
    Nice tables, although I think 10 tables is a little overkill. Thanks for the ban by the way.
    Anytime! Let me know next time you go on a posting spree and think I won't catch onto your game

I like to keep random.

Awesome news zen, ive had $ stashed in my psn just for new tables. Three at once dosnt get any better than that. Thanks a ton zen, cant wait.

Woah @ Episode V for having the longest rule sheet thus far.

This gets me wondering if the quality of these tables increase, does the price also increase? I would've imagined that the license would've cost an arm and a leg to acquire. Awesome you guys have a table dedicated to the Clone Wars.

Looking forward for another great year!

Any word if Star Wars Pinball is getting released on the Wii U eshop as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ipad3guy View Post
    Any word if Star Wars Pinball is getting released on the Wii U eshop as well?
    More platforms to come...

In case you missed it yesterday, Kotaku had a great writeup about Star Wars Pinball!

More platforms to come...
    PlatformS you say? Like the 720 or PS4

Well that's all good and new. Fantastic..... Wonderful news........ 3 new tables end of February ---- great IP..... 7 more for Star Wars Pinball .......... Now where's Bio lab, Rome, Pasha, and Secrets of the Deep for the PS3 players??

All good don't get me wrong I just want to experience the Xbox tables without paying for another system.

Really can't wait. I hear Boba Fett was designed by the same guy who did Fear Itself, which is my all time favorite Marvel table. Seems like Deep designed Episode V the way he is posting on this forum. Who designed Clone Wars?
    Last edited by tenorhero; 02-06-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well that's all good and new. Fantastic..... Wonderful news........ 3 new tables end of February ---- great IP..... 7 more for Star Wars Pinball .......... Now where's Bio lab, Rome, Pasha, and Secrets of the Deep for the PS3 players??

All good don't get me wrong I just want to experience the Xbox tables without paying for another system.

Really can't wait. I hear Boba Fett was designed by the same guy who did Fear Itself, which is my all time favorite Marvel table. Seems like Deep designed Episode V the way he is posting on this forum. Who designed Clone Wars?
    The Clone Wars is Ivan Nicoara's work (World War Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Mars)

OOOH Iron man is one of the more difficult tables. And I enjoy challenging tables. Loved Mars and Thor. I was disappointed in WWH though. It seemed more Ramp Spam than anything else.

10 Star Wars tables!!!Star Wars was definitely one of my Most Wanted Zen Pinball titles!This is beyond awesome news!Can't wait to start playing the first tables!Actually i want 12 Star Wars tables.Must outdo Marvel!
    And this association with Disney/Lucasarts should also leave the door open for Indiana Jones, Tron and Howard the Duck!!!

Although like tenorhero i am not quite willing to forget that PS3 players are still getting the raw deal in comparison to the Xbox players.I still expect Zen to remedy the situation and correct the table inbalance.The PS3 gamers should also be recognized for their loyalty.
    Last edited by ALH2012; 02-07-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukky NL View Post
    PlatformS you say? Like the 720 or PS4
    More like PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Wii-U and 3DS.

Talking The Standalone Table

Looks awesome! Can't wait! I can't believe there's going to be 10 Star Wars tables XD

I wonder if this will be a standalone release but will also work in ZP2, kind of like Marvel Pinball?

Here's an IGN article as well, some gameplay footage

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...e-footage-here

Man oh man, this is going to sell like hotcakes

One thing that is pissing me off are the noobs saying "they cancelled battlefront 3 to make this?" Such ignorance.
    Ok about time Zen my wife just saw this about Star Wars pinball and said HELL YES shes a Star Wars freak so ty but for the Stand alone table is that coming this month too or later on. Can you give us a hint. Ok now to PO Star Wars fans off how about a Star Trek table vs Star Wars Table lol but anyway ty n I still want a Back to The Future Table May the Force be with you n Do you realize on feb 27th I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MY PS3 back FROM MY WIFE because of these Star Wars Tables TYYYYY Zen but makes me happy making my wife Happy

I'm glad too. I think Zen are amazing at making their own tables from scratch.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Well I guess we will leave that to FarSight then. They do really well with reproductions but I love your polish on the tables you have especially the uniqueness that could not even be done on a real table. That said both Zen ans FarSight can coesxist.

Wasn't there a podcast that Zen mentioned that they might take a real table and do something totally different with it? or something to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Wasn't there a podcast that Zen mentioned that they might take a real table and do something totally different with it? or something to that extent.
    Yeah there was, I wonder what's going on with that, or if it's really happening. I guess it was all a bit cryptic to understand anyways.

ugh .. these were not the tables i was looking for :/

Star Wars launched when i was like 9 or 10 yo ... now i'm 42 this month and there's not a single day without something star wars happening somewhere, new toys, new avatar items, new anime, new book, new figures, new lightsaber with motion sensors and sounds from the movie, new lego game, new lego exclusive minifigures, new mmorpg, new extension to the aforementioned new mmorpg, new dolby prologic blu ray remastered trilogy edition blah blah blah now a new movie ... again, and now new pinball tables....

I guess they will be good tables but i'm not sure i can stand another 'piu piu' sound effect from those laser guns ... seriously ... 32 years of something is more than i can bear so i guess i'll pass on those, sorry zen !

I know you'll say haters gonna hate ... well i enjoyed star wars back then and even the 3 new iterations in movie theatres to some extent but now i have enough and frankly i suspect Lucas to keep the fire burning only for the sake of money ... how many movies did he direct after all ? 1 right ? that's a clever business plan....

Hi doc !

I was surprised too when I discovered an Empire Strikes Back table 30 years after the movie. It sounds like a retroactive theme, but I guess the gameplay will be fun, like they did with old Marvel characters born in 1950. Finally, I'm glad when Zen do tributes like this. As they say, pinball will never be a blockbuster game, and they need to find new gamers where there're fans.

For me Star Wars universe isn't necessarily "repeated" as you said. My favorite tables are generally dedicated to characters or universe I didn't know so well (Blade, Fear itself, Infinity Gauntlet), I think we can have surprises like that. For exemple, chose Boba Fett for a main theme is just THE original idea, and Clone wars cartoon brings some fun in this 3 tables pack.

I trust them to do something well with Lucasart. My only fear is that they've seriously been working on bugs problems.

I am not doubting zen's work on these tables, i'm just fed up with star wars alltogether and the money grabbing tool it is.... in a way i think it's great for zen studios since i'm sure these will be their best ever selling tables, but i'd definitely prefer a 'skylanders' table for instance (or any other 'new' succesful license) over a star wars theme .... is there anything in this world that doesn't already exist in a star wars version ? I sur know pinabll tables already exist... maybe not in a digital way though, not sure about that.
    I'm also fed up with Nintendo and especially Mario.... but i guess a mario table is bound to happen eventually since zen pinball is also on 3ds and wiiu ... ( if you really have to make a nintendo exclusive, pick PIKMIN over mario , please!)
    I guess i'm an old grumpy man who gets bored quickly (well, 30 years of the same thing over and over is not exactly quick imo....)

Anyway kudos to zen for getting such a license, i just hope lucas let them keep a little bit of the money this is gonna make

And for the laughs i suggest you all look into barney stinsons ewok's appreciation chart on youtube ... it's hilarious !

Looking forward to Star Wars after the huge let down of CW. I just got the SW blu-ray set for Christmas and have been enjoying them with the wife & kids in DTS Master Audio 7.2 surround, with 2 do-it-yourself subwoofers. I let the boys watch a trailer for the game last night and they are excited to get the tables. Very smart move by Zen.
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

You 'force' me (hu hu) into doing it !!!!

strbac10.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

Well, if it would have 1 page more, it couldn't have fit in the rulesheet section of the pause menu
    Oh wow, yep sure gonna have my Guide Writing Skills put to the test.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Just because it's not listed doesn't mean you won't see it happen eventually. Those are just the platforms that will have SWP at launch, we'll be announcing more soon.

oo... given that it has already been announced for Pinball FX2, is this a hint that we are indeed getting a PC-Steam release soon?

I'm seriously contemplating leaving console gaming with the next generation and shifting to PC gaming (unless Sony really WOW us on the 20th) and would happily rebuy Zen's tables for the PC. Steam's Big Screen mode really helps PCs work well on a TV format.

Hey deep, how do you feel about The Empire Strikes back compared to The Infinity Gauntlet (my personal favorite)?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast