Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Pinball

Hey Maink,

Did you read that article above that Bearded Warrior posted above? It says that Sony platforms are going to have a standalone release. I don't think Barbie has confirmed or denied this.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Has barbie confirmed that there is going to be a standalone Star Wars pinball app for "Sony's platforms" as mentioned in that article that Beard posted below? I know she has confirmed it for the mobile platforms. And I know that various news outlets can mess up release dates and other info so this may or may not be correct for the ps3/vita.
    Yes! There will be. One reason we wanted SWP to be a separate game on PSN was because we have some seriously awesome features lined up for it that are specific to Star Wars and wouldn't really work in Zen Pinball 2. If you read the GI article, it explains it a bit. You can either be on the Light Side or Dark Side and the main menu will change depending on the SWP community, and will show which side is "winning." There are also rankings for the top players (10 Sith and 12 Jedi form the councils). We'll of course have more details later on about importing, leaderboards, etc. It's gonna be AWESOME!

Sounds cool. If I had to choose now, I am definitely going to the Dark Side. The whole Jedi celibacy thing causes nothing but problems. Just ask Darth Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Yes! There will be. One reason we wanted SWP to be a separate game on PSN was because we have some seriously awesome features lined up for it that are specific to Star Wars and wouldn't really work in Zen Pinball 2. If you read the GI article, it explains it a bit. You can either be on the Light Side or Dark Side and the main menu will change depending on the SWP community, and will show which side is "winning." There are also rankings for the top players (10 Sith and 12 Jedi form the councils). We'll of course have more details later on about importing, leaderboards, etc. It's gonna be AWESOME!
    So for me it would make sense to market this as Star Wars Pinball only, and leave it out of ZP2... It's hard enough earning these trophies once, lol!

cool , no i cannot read the article the letters are too small ,the gamesradar said comming as dlc. so it is comming as a stand alone to psn , do we get to import to zp2 ? , does that mean we get new gold trophies or even a platinum ?
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    cool , no i cannot read the article the letters are too small ,the gamesradar said comming as dlc. so it is comming as a stand alone to psn , do we get to import to zp2 ? , does that mean we get new gold trophies or even a platinum ?
    Like I said above, we'll have more details on how it will all work once we get closer to launch.

cool cannot wait the see the new options in main menu .. new multiplayer streaming ? custom soundtracks ? ,, arghh i ll just wait lol

Sounds cool. If I had to choose now, I am definitely going to the Dark Side. The whole Jedi celibacy thing causes nothing but problems. Just ask Darth Vader.
    The Iris' of my eyes glow yellow as well....

Celibacy......silly Jedi!
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-14-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Save the images and zoom in! It's worth the read

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Better advertising, I suppose. People will see Star Wars pinball in the store, buy it (not knowing anything about ZP2), then later find out about ZP2 and all it has to offer. Or, for the sake of Star Wars nuts in general, the menus and features will certainly catch their fancy. I don't know, it does seem a bit odd considering it'll be a separate release which means more money to do so, but I think with it being Star Wars people will notice it better, especially the Star Wars nuts. Something along those lines.
    Honestly Snake I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually why they're doing that. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. We actually may gain a few Star Wars fans over to the pinball side. Just in case they are wondering if the Star Wars tables are this good, what else does Zen have that's good as this?! Yeah that makes sense to me.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Save the images and zoom in! It's worth the read
    It is and I'm definitely going to be a Jedi.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Cool Wii U Empire

The platforms listed are the only ones confirmed at launch. The force is strong with Wii U
    Wow! Please, please, please! A friend of mine has talked my ear off about how great Zen pinball is. (I think he just bought the DS version which would give him five now) He's been excited about it coming to the Wii U which sounds great. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan, and am looking to move all my gaming to the Wii U as much as possible.

I'd love for this to show up on the Big N's latest platform.

If I have to earn these trophies all twice... sigh... you'd better believe I'm going to be on the dark side! blah

Looks like the Star Wars Pinball platform will be the main place to play the tables.I want to pick these tables up on release for Zen2 because i don't want to wait longer than necessary to check them out but i also don't want to buy the tables twice if the SW platform won't import the table from Zen2.That would suck.This needs to be clarified asap, also need to know when the Star Wars platform will be released.It really should be released on the same date the new tables are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    It is and I'm definitely going to be a Jedi.
    I'm with you! Jedi FTW! I hope to be in the council

Quote Originally Posted by ALH2012 View Post
    Looks like the Star Wars Pinball platform will be the main place to play the tables.I want to pick these tables up on release for Zen2 because i don't want to wait longer than necessary to check them out but i also don't want to buy the tables twice if the SW platform won't import the table from Zen2.That would suck.This needs to be clarified asap, also need to know when the Star Wars platform will be released.It really should be released on the same date the new tables are.
    Barbie said more news to come next week, I'm sure everything will be ironed out, so to speak.

Bring it on Jedi Knights!!!
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-14-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Bring it on Jedi Knights!!!

Hahaha I knew someone was going to post Darth Mal. As soon as that pic showed up, I also knew Snake would reply. LOL Dude you're totally going to be on the council. You're one of the top pinball players we have in the U.S. Looks like I'll be a Padawan for now. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Hahaha I knew someone was going to post Darth Mal. As soon as that pic showed up, I also knew Snake would reply. LOL
    Close Rafie...but that is Maul's older brother...Savage Opress!

@ Snakeman right on!

Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-14-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Awesome news. Haven't played much the last couple weeks but this has just got me interested again. Looking forward to the new tables.
    PSN - TysonBane

StarWarsquote.JPG

Trying to get the hang of inserting images. BTW Obi Wan has a Wii U.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-14-2013 at 08:24 PM.

yoda_valentine.jpg

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Is the ranking system mentioned in that magazine article only on the PS3 version or will all of the platforms have that?

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Is the ranking system mentioned in that magazine article only on the PS3 version or will all of the platforms have that?
    Just Sony platforms as far as I know.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Ah thank goodness I got a PS3... but Barbs how comes you didnt do a Star Wars Pinball stand alone for XBLA? since the achievements etc. for PFX2 will be maxed out soon?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Thanks for letting us know. That sounds like a fun addition. Any chance that it is something that could be added to the other platforms at a later time?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Ah thank goodness I got a PS3.
    Ah, TheChin comes out on top again.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Ah, TheChin comes out on top again.
    Yeh I dunno if that came across as pretentious the way I worded it, Im also curious if something would be offered for lets say us Xbox users.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Thanks for letting us know. That sounds like a fun addition. Any chance that it is something that could be added to the other platforms at a later time?
    I honestly don't know if that would happen, right now we're just focusing on getting ZP2 launched for NOA and getting the first round of SWP DLC out.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Close Rafie...but that is Maul's older brother...Savage Opress!

@ Snakeman right on!

Oh snap. Sorry about that. I'm a fan, but I don't know every single character, I'm afraid.

Oh and Happy V day, Barbie. Hope your significant other got you what you wanted, or just treat yourself to some Longhorn (if you're single) and call it a day.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    ... but Barbs how comes you didnt do a Star Wars Pinball stand alone for XBLA? since the achievements etc. for PFX2 will be maxed out soon?
    Yes, please answer. So there will be no stand alone SW pinball for XBLA even though there is only room for 2 more achievements until the max of 99 is reached?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Kirkland View Post
    Yes, please answer. So there will be no stand alone SW pinball for XBLA even though there is only room for 2 more achievements until the max of 99 is reached?
    It's probably Microsoft's doing. Microsoft has always been picky and most likely are not allowing Zen to release out Star Wars Pinball separately.

right now we're just focusing on getting ZP2 launched for NOA
    By all means stay focused on that!

I'm making headway on posting images but still not exactly what I want. Hopefully my post earlier has an image in it now but it looks like you have to click on it like a link to view it well.

By all means stay focused on that!

I'm making headway on posting images but still not exactly what I want. Hopefully my post earlier has an image in it now but it looks like you have to click on it like a link to view it well.

See......now why can't I figure stuff like that out?

Thanks Snakeman.

See......now why can't I figure stuff like that out?

Thanks Snakeman.
    Well, what I do is I save an image to my hdd, then upload it to tinypic, then use the direct link and voila. Usually when you upload it straight from your computer it does the whole attachment thing, and doesn't do what you want it to do lol.

Well, what I do is I save an image to my hdd, then upload it to tinypic, then use the direct link and voila. Usually when you upload it straight from your computer it does the whole attachment thing, and doesn't do what you want it to do lol.
    Yeah, that is what I tried doing and was running into issues. Ok, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Rafie is helping me with my sig picture so hopefully I'll be able to improve that too.

Another way is to just manually type in the image tags and paste your link between them. These alleged smart phones don't seem to want to work right with the wyysig (whatever its called ) editor either.

Default Jedi vs. Sith

So here's the tally so far:

Jedi
    Rafie
    snakeman07
    Bearded_Warrior

Sith
    surf1der
    MarkItZeroSmoky
    skippycue

This is gonna be so much fun! I can see a lot of friendly rivalries coming out of this.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Hmmm... Not sure about that dark side and jedi side feature. In the end you pick a random side and its 50/50 who is "ahead"
    But.... I may be speaking too soon, I dont know yet how SW pinball is interacting with that feature aside from earning a spot in the council. To me, It's "just" pinball And Pinball is just earning big points.

To be honest i'dd rather have those tables stacked up in a great ZP2 container on my Vita. But as mentioned before, marketingwise a seperate game can be better and can grab some potential pinball buyers. Nothing wrong with that.
    In fact, I hope the Zen employees get filthy rich for delivering great games.
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 02-15-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    Hmmm... Not sure about that dark side and jedi side feature. In the end you pick a random side and its 50/50 who is "ahead"
    But.... I may be speaking too soon, I dont know yet how SW pinball is interacting with that feature aside from earning a spot in the council. To me, It's "just" pinball And Pinball is just earning big points.

To be honest i'dd rather have those tables stacked up in a great ZP2 container on my Vita. But as mentioned before, marketingwise a seperate game can be better and can grab some potential pinball buyers. Nothing wrong with that.
    In fact, I hope the Zen employees get filthy rich for delivering great games.
    The tables are coming to ZP2 as well, it's not just a standalone release.

The tables are coming to ZP2 as well, it's not just a standalone release.
    Ah then I missed something I guess (I found it quite awkward since Barbie mentioned in the Facebook thread that it will be part of ZP2. Anything is possible till the release date with zen).
    However, this threat did gave the impression it will become a standalone game for the sony platforms too.
    But thanks for clearing it up.
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 02-15-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderdash View Post
    Ah then I missed something I guess (I found it quite awkward since Barbie mentioned in the Facebook thread that it will be part of ZP2. Anything is possible till the release date with zen).
    However, this threat did gave the impression it will become a standalone game for the sony platforms too.
    But thanks for clearing it up.
    Yup, it'll be a standalone game and in ZP2, pretty sweet.

KickBeaten Down

It's not possible to self-publish on XBLA, Microsoft isn't going to publish a cross-platform game, and it would double the already high cost of maintaining a game on XBLA. None of those things are issues on the platforms where the standalone game will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It's not possible to self-publish on XBLA, Microsoft isn't going to publish a cross-platform game, and it would double the already high cost of maintaining a game on XBLA. None of those things are issues on the platforms where the standalone game will appear.
    Thank you for the straight answer. What I am hoping for is that all these nice additions to the leaderboards etc. that was brought in to Zen pinball 2 and now for Star Wars pinball will be implemented for Pinball FX 3. I remember I read somewhere in an article last year some time that FX 3 is planned for around 2013. It would be nice if the menu system etc. can be subdivided into the different themes e.g. Original, Licensed, Marvel and Star Wars Pinball and that there will be room for new themes/IP's.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Thank you for the straight answer. What I am hoping for is that all these nice additions to the leaderboards etc. that was brought in to Zen pinball 2 and now for Star Wars pinball will be implemented for Pinball FX 3. I remember I read somewhere in an article last year some time that FX 3 is planned for around 2013. It would be nice if the menu system etc. can be subdivided into the different themes e.g. Original, Licensed, Marvel and Star Wars Pinball and that there will be room for new themes/IP's.
    It's not coming this year, but it is coming! The ability to customize your collection view is one of the planned features, but of course this is subject to change.

It's not coming this year
    Uh-oh, that might rustle up some feathers lol.

Uh-oh, that might rustle up some feathers lol.
    They'll be aight! LOL We waited a long while before ZP2 came. Waiting another year for them won't hurt. Between ZP1 and ZP2 was 4 years. Between PBFX1 and PBFX2 was 3 years. Now between PBFX 2 and PBFX 3 will be 4 years. That seems fair, right?! However, I am concerned about the achievement thing though. I hope Zen can figure something out. I don't know if that cap is true about the achievement system.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

They'll be aight! LOL We waited a long while before ZP2 came. Waiting another year for them won't hurt. Between ZP1 and ZP2 was 4 years. Between PBFX1 and PBFX2 was 3 years. Now between PBFX 2 and PBFX 3 will be 4 years. That seems fair, right?! However, I am concerned about the achievement thing though. I hope Zen can figure something out. I don't know if that cap is true about the achievement system.
    I would hope they can figure out how to incorporate the Jedi Knight/Jedi Counsel ranking to all of the platforms. I think that would be pretty stellar. Then each platforms would be like its own galaxy with the opposite factions having their own counsels and knights. For the record, I would want to side with the Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post

Jedi
    Rafie
    snakeman07
    Bearded_Warrior

Sith
    surf1der
    MarkItZeroSmoky
    skippycue

This is gonna be so much fun! I can see a lot of friendly rivalries coming out of this.

Hmm I will be a Jedi Consular...... Oh wait.... wrong game. Yeah well I'm usually one of the good guys. It will be interesting to hear more about the stand alone features.

I would hope they can figure out how to incorporate the Jedi Knight/Jedi Counsel ranking to all of the platforms. I think that would be pretty stellar. Then each platforms would be like its own galaxy with the opposite factions having their own counsels and knights. For the record, I would want to side with the Jedi.
    Do you own a PS3, Everly? Incorporating the light and dark side was nothing short of superb! We (Jedi) are about to be deep. We already got 4 on our side. Come on with it Sith!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Do you own a PS3, Everly? Incorporating the light and dark side was nothing short of superb! We (Jedi) are about to be deep. We already got 4 on our side. Come on with it Sith!
    No, I'm on the Wii U only so I am still waiting to find out the date I'll be able to play ZP2 to start with
    But eventually we will come up to speed with everyone.

yoda_valentine.jpg

Sorry Barbie ... every one seems to be to focused on Starwarspinball, that no one has the time to think about or answer to romantic things lol
    a late thx & i hope you enjoyed Valentine's Day aswell ....

yoda_valentine.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    Sorry Barbie ... every one seems to be to focused on Starwarspinball, that no one has the time to think about or answer to romantic things lol
    a late thx & i hope you enjoyed Valentine's Day aswell ....
    But baby Yoda is soooo cute! And he loves you <3

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Jedi
    Rafie
    snakeman07
    Bearded_Warrior

Sith
    surf1der
    MarkItZeroSmoky
    skippycue

You can mark me down as Sith :P CAN'T WAIT!

You can mark me down as Sith :P CAN'T WAIT!
    "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

Haha! I knew it. Okay then. It is done

Jedi
    Rafie
    snakeman07
    Bearded_Warrior
    Everly
    tenorhero
    RabidShark

Sith
    surf1der
    MarkItZeroSmoky
    skippycue
    BarbieBobomb

And for added fun, if you want to find out what your Star Wars name and honorary title would be try this:

- Use the first three letters of your last name and the first two first name (this is your new first name).
    - Use the first three letters of your Mother's maiden name and the first three of the city you were born in (this is your last name).
    - Use the last three letters of your last name, reverse them, and add the model of your first vehicle.
    - Use the name of the last medication you took and spell it backwards.

Mine, for example, would be Tidjo Jacmon, Lleblazer of Cetryz
    Last edited by Bearded_Warrior; 02-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.

i will be a jedi me thinks

err more like padawan :P

can we switch sides later? i wounder
    Last edited by RabidShark; 02-15-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Say hello to Eveda Kurkin, Ylrcorsica of Xenicum

And for added fun, if you want to find out what your Star Wars name and honorary title would be try this:

- Use the first three letters of your last name and the first two first name (this is your new first name).
    - Use the first three letters of your Mother's maiden name and the first three of the city you were born in (this is your last name).
    - Use the last three letters of your last name, reverse them, and add the model of your first vehicle.
    - Use the name of the last medication you took and spell it backwards.

Ok, I'm Wattr Shabea, Regsable of Lyrdaneb...in other words:

Ok, I'm Wattr Shabea, Regsable of Lyrdaneb...in other words:

lol! Yeah, I didn't figure it'd be for everyone. I really liked mine though. Tidjo Jacmon sounds like a badass black action hero, from a galaxy far, far away
    Last edited by Bearded_Warrior; 02-15-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    i will be a jedi me thinks

err more like padawan :P

can we switch sides later? i wounder
    Yes. According to the article:

"The standalone version will allow the community to apply their high scores to either the Light or Dark side, and the UI (user interface) will change to reflect which side is winning the overall fight."

Quote Originally Posted by skippycue View Post
    So for me it would make sense to market this as Star Wars Pinball only, and leave it out of ZP2... It's hard enough earning these trophies once, lol!
    I for one am glad these tables will be coming in both the stand-alone Star Wars Pinball game as well as ZP2. I just hope they give the trophies the same treatment as Marvel Civil War, where there are different trophies for the two games.

I think that gives Zen an excellent chance to put in a moderate trophy set in Star Wars Pinball that will appeal to the masses, and then give us the extreme trophy challenges were used to in ZP2.

That's how I hope it goes at least..

I have to get a PS3 somehow as I seem to be missing out on all the fun... I will be known as Cloda Krupot, Etelazer of Mredaxam but you know me better just as Cloda th_smiley_emoticons_star-wars-yoda2-gr.gif

I have to get a PS3 somehow as I seem to be missing out on all the fun... I will be known as Cloda Krupot, Etelazer of Mredaxam but you know me better just as Cloda th_smiley_emoticons_star-wars-yoda2-gr.gif
    lol not Cl'yoda ?

wait i have some more silly ideas ....
    Barbiebombivan , R2 deep2 .....

It's not coming this year, but it is coming! The ability to customize your collection view is one of the planned features, but of course this is subject to change.
    Will Hot-Seat Multi come back for Excalibur ? (I know it's ok on Windows 8 but I'm playing on 360 and won't buy the games again). I've been waiting for this ever since PFX2 was released.

Default Star TREK

Please after Star Wars, please also create a STAR TREK table! Next Generation/Original Series/Voyager, I dont care. Can't wait for Star Wars though, the trailers look awesome!

I don't think it matters about the achievement max. They don't add to the game itself in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    I for one am glad these tables will be coming in both the stand-alone Star Wars Pinball game as well as ZP2. I just hope they give the trophies the same treatment as Marvel Civil War, where there are different trophies for the two games.

I think that gives Zen an excellent chance to put in a moderate trophy set in Star Wars Pinball that will appeal to the masses, and then give us the extreme trophy challenges were used to in ZP2.

That's how I hope it goes at least..
    I've never understood the excitement over trophies or achievements. I'd hate to think a company would ever have to alter anything about a game in order to include some awards that don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    I've never understood the excitement over trophies or achievements. I'd hate to think a company would ever have to alter anything about a game in order to include some awards that don't exist.
    I presume you have not had the pleasure of discarding with Ultimo

I presume you have not had the pleasure of discarding with Ultimo
    Discarding Altimo deserves a real trophy, ive only done it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Trekker View Post
    Please after Star Wars, please also create a STAR TREK table! Next Generation/Original Series/Voyager, I dont care. Can't wait for Star Wars though, the trailers look awesome!
    There is a STTNG pinball table on the Pinball Arcade app for iOS and android. It is also coming soon to the PS3 and eventually xbox.

You don't understand the sense of satisfaction that comes from having a challenging goal and overcoming it? I find that hard to believe, everyone has things they've done in games that were tough to do but satisfying when completed. Zen recognizes this fact and gives us truly challenging goals to shoot for so there's more satisfaction to be had then just a respectable score.

You might as well say that the game shouldn't keep track of your score, since its just counting up of awards that don't exist right?

You don't understand the sense of satisfaction that comes from having a challenging goal and overcoming it? I find that hard to believe, everyone has things they've done in games that were tough to do but satisfying when completed. Zen recognizes this fact and gives us truly challenging goals to shoot for so there's more satisfaction to be had then just a respectable score.

You might as well say that the game shouldn't keep track of your score, since its just counting up of awards that don't exist right?
    In principle I agree with you on this one but with FX 2 Zen has let us down with the release of the last bunch of tables as the achievements aren't challenging at all. The last challenging achievement was to defeat Loki on the Thor table but since then there has not been any other achievement of note.

+1 I love the fact that you can show your progress to your friends that you defeated Ultimo, Loki, Thanos, Skadi and the Worthy, etc. Those are some hard feats to overcome. Virtual rewards are just that....rewards. Anybody can say the did it, but when you have the accomplishment staring right there in your face, that says something. I absolutely love trophies/achievements. However I wouldn't ignore a great game because they don't support these trophies/achievements. They are just a plus. Besides, trophies/achievements give the game extra replay value. Something to shoot for.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

I agree with you hunter. I really don't care about trophies. I get satisfaction from beating a wizard mode for the first time or getting within the top 20 on a leaderboard. I don't need a trophy to show me or my friends my accomplishments. In fact, when a trophy pops up it sometimes causes me to drain because it can pause action in an inopportune moment. And trophies don't extend any kind of replay value for me, because if you defeat the wizard mode, you have probably already collected all the trophies.

So...About these awesome new tables

I hope we get more news and another trailer this week.

I agree with you hunter. I really don't care about trophies. I get satisfaction from beating a wizard mode for the first time or getting within the top 20 on a leaderboard. I don't need a trophy to show me or my friends my accomplishments. In fact, when a trophy pops up it sometimes causes me to drain because it can pause action in an inopportune moment. And trophies don't extend any kind of replay value for me, because if you defeat the wizard mode, you have probably already collected all the trophies.
    Those pop ups have done that to me as well. Definitely my least favorite part about trophies etc. Plus when you're totally immersed in a games world like in Skyrim or Dead Space and then pop "You just got Super-Killer" pops up it can take you right out of the moment. It'd be nice if you could disable the feature altogether.

To others: I never said you can't enjoy them. For me knowing I've done it and trying to get into top ten Pro Score is what I care about.
    Oh, and I have beaten Ultimo. It was cool.
    Last edited by hunter328; 02-18-2013 at 06:45 PM.

I hope we get a surprise announcement today that they launch tomorrow!

lol Yeah the discussion has lapsed a bit. Looking forward to the trailer for Boba Fett. It's designed by the guy who made Fear Itslef which is hands down my favorite Zen/Marvel Table. Looks very interesting especially the fact that you can select how difficult the mission will be. Nice touch!

Of course we will.Trailers/final news are running late as is as far as i'm concerned.Release is almost upon us, time to get the intel out there.Just hope the tables will export from Zen2 to SW Pinball or my party might be crashed.

For me knowing I've done it and trying to get into top ten Pro Score is what I care about.
    Oh, and I have beaten Ultimo. It was cool.
    I get satisfaction from beating a wizard mode for the first time or getting within the top 20 on a leaderboard.
    I look at getting a good leaderboard position as being very similar conceptually to obtaining trophies. Both are records of what we've accomplished in a game and allow us to compare our own progress to other players for competition. That's why I like to go after leaderboard position as well on a lot of games. Both sets of goals have their own appeal to me.

In principle I agree with you on this one but with FX 2 Zen has let us down with the release of the last bunch of tables as the achievements aren't challenging at all. The last challenging achievement was to defeat Loki on the Thor table but since then there has not been any other achievement of note.
    That's exactly why I'm glad Zen is releasing the SW tables on ZP2 and as a stand-alone title. That should give them the opportunity to make one trophy set that appeals to the average player and one that appeals to the hard-core player, rather than just having to choose one or the other. I would also be disappointed if at least one of the two didn't have some good challenging trophy goals to go after.

I hope we get a surprise announcement today that they launch tomorrow!
    That would be very cool, I'm sure everyone agrees with that!

Default Release Dates!

Star Wars Pinball is coming next week!

Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade – February 27th for 800 MSP

Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems – February 26th in North America for $9.99, February 27th in Europe for €9.99

Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store – February 27th for $2.99/table

Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store – February 27th for $1.99/table

Zen Pinball HD Google Play™ – February 27th for $1.99/table

Star Wars Pinball will be available for download as standalone application on the Apple®App Store and Google Play™. New platforms will be announced at a later date.

For more info, check out the Star Wars Pinball official website.

Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems – February 26th in North America for $9.99, February 27th in Europe for €9.99

Star Wars Pinball will be available for download as standalone application on the Apple®App Store and Google Play™. New platforms will be announced at a later date.

awesome my wallet is ready

Thanks for getting this to us Barbie. I know you are happy when you can share news that we are all interested in.

how is the stand alone for ps3 gonna work ?

Thanks for getting this to us Barbie. I know you are happy when you can share news that we are all interested in.
    Thank you BB, that's awsome !

And prices are still really correct for the time I spend on it
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Will the upcoming standalone Star Wars Pinball import the Zen2 SW tables?If we want to play the SW standalone should we wait until it is released and not buy the Zen2 tables?I'm sure nobody cares to buy the tables twice.

Great news! NA PS3 users, lets play in a week and post a bunch of spoilers in lasvegaspinball's "official" star wars threads that are sure to pop up in xbox forum any day now. :-)

Sweet! Day 1 purchase as always.

how is the stand alone for ps3 gonna work?
    It's not coming out right away, so I doubt we're going to get any concrete info at this current junction in time.

Yes! That's a Spider-Man reference at the end.
    Last edited by shogun00; 02-19-2013 at 05:26 PM.

KickBeaten Down

On PS3/Vita, there's no reason to wait to buy tables.

On PS3/Vita, there's no reason to wait to buy tables.
    So the Zen2 tables will import cost free to the eventual Star Wars Pinball standalone?

So the Zen2 tables will import cost free to the eventual Star Wars Pinball standalone?
    We're working on how that will all work, we don't want another Zen Pinball 2 debacle. Remember how fun that was?

KickBeaten Down

We're working on how that will all work, we don't want another Zen Pinball 2 debacle. Remember how fun that was?
    Oh yeah, that's still being hashed out, huh? Ignore my comment and wait for the gospel according to BarbieBobomb.

Thumbs down

$9.99 US
    €9.99 Europe
    £ ?

We're missing an exchange rate here.

wait! we are not getting the stand alone next week?

Will you have it worked out by next week?Would be good to know.

Casio

$9.99 US
    €9.99 Europe
    £ ?

We're missing an exchange rate here.
    Probably 7.99.Price has gone up a bit.Used to get 4 tables for that price.

KickBeaten Down

Probably 7.99.Price has gone up a bit.Used to get 4 tables for that price.
    This is only for Star Wars, not future tables generally. I imagine you can guess why.

This is only for Star Wars, not future tables generally. I imagine you can guess why.
    Sure.Wasn't a complaint, just an observation.Shouldn't tell you this but it being SW i would have been willing to pay even more.Just not prepared to buy the same tables twice.

That was Solitude's 666th post. You can't trust the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    wait! we are not getting the stand alone next week?
    Nope! Barbie and Solitude made it pretty clear that the stand alone is coming at a later time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast