Thread: Star Wars Pinball Pack coming This February !

Default Star Wars Pinball Pack coming This February !

It should be out by Tuesday, February 27th.

Use the Force to guide the silver ball in Star Wars Pinball coming to digital stores in just a few short weeks! The first pack of tables includes Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. We will be unveiling detailed looks at each table in the coming weeks, so be sure to check the Zen Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

Star Wars Pinball will be available as DLC for the following platforms:

• Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade & Windows 8
    • Zen Pinball 2™ on PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems!
    • Zen Pinball 2 on the Mac®App Store
    • Zen Pinball on the Apple®App Store
    • Zen Pinball HD Google Play™

Additionally, Star Wars Pinball will be available for download as standalone application on the Apple®App Store and
    Google Play™. New platforms will be announced at a later date.

Each table features a different iconic moment from the Star Wars universe, with interactive 3D characters, and unique gameplay. There will be a total of ten themed pinball tables in the Star Wars Pinball collection.

We will be unveiling more details on each table over the next few weeks leading up to release, so be sure to keep an eye on the Zen Blog or www.starwarspinball.com for the latest Star Wars Pinball updates.

May the Force be with you!

Last edited by Vincent; 02-19-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Love Star Wars so I'm pretty stoked to get some of that action. That said, I reckon by the time the 10th table comes out, we will be feeling a little drained from them. Still, Death Star pinball sound awesome.

Fantastic license but as ever it all depends on the quality of the table design.

If its too easy (PvZ) or has a scoring exploit (Civil War) then to me that’s no good.

Still this is really exciting news and I hope we get some good tables. Normally in a multipack they mix it up a bit so that bodes well.

Question about achievements: FX2 is up to 94 so only 5 left? How will that work? Im assuming this is part of FX2 and not a standalone product?

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Fantastic license but as ever it all depends on the quality of the table design.

If its too easy (PvZ) or has a scoring exploit (Civil War) then to me that’s no good.

Still this is really exciting news and I hope we get some good tables. Normally in a multipack they mix it up a bit so that bodes well.

Question about achievements: FX2 is up to 94 so only 5 left? How will that work? Im assuming this is part of FX2 and not a standalone product?
    Well that's a good question. This is only a 3 table pack, so I can see a 50g a table thing going here. Who knows how it will work out though.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Great news! Really looking forward to this. I wonder what Vader's voice will be like... Or did James Earl Jones lend a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukky NL View Post
    Great news! Really looking forward to this. I wonder what Vader's voice will be like... Or did James Earl Jones lend a hand?
    I wouldn't be surprised if soundbites are used from the films. I noticed even clone wars animation even gets it's own table. Not see that though I have heard that it's quite good.

please no jar jar.... please no jar jar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    good lord, ditto to this sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    Don't worry, we love Star Wars and we love our fans. We wouldn't do that to you

that's encouraging, thank you b.b.b.
    This whole Star Wars thing is really exciting. Thank you much, Zen, for keeping us nerds enthralled.

ANNOUNCEMENT :

Get ready, you big fans....

JAR JAR BINKS TABLE READY FOR RELEASE !!!

It will feature incredible Jar Jar special FX and will be incredibly funny !

Stay tuned !

Default Both excited and disappointed.

After reading the post on the blog the other day I got really excited about Star Wars Pinball. But after thinking about for a few days, I'm also quite disappointed. The reason for this is also in the post on the blog:

"Star Wars Pinball will be available as DLC for the following platforms:
    • Pinball FX2™ on Xbox LIVE® Arcade & Windows 8"

This statement really disappoints me. As it stands FX2 only has room for 5 more achievements with Microsoft's 99 achievement limit. This means (if my math is correct) each 3 pack will get 1 achievement, the stand-alone will get 1 achievement and Dr. Strange will get 1 achievement leaving no room for further achievement growth.

The logical thing to do would be to release Star Wars Pinball as a stand-alone platform like FX2 and give each table at least 2 achievements (an easy and a hard) like the Windows 8 tables. Then when FX3 is released it can be JUST the FX, FX2 and FX3 tables with 2 achievements each. Then they can release Marvel Pinball (stand-alone platform) on Xbox Live around the same time as FX3 with all the Marvel Tables (old and new) with the FX3 engine, giving each table 2 achievements.

This gives all platforms plenty of room to grow achievement wise and leaves room for plenty of table releases. I can't be the only person who likes achievements. Come on Zen, do the right thing here. Even if Star Wars Pinball has to be pushed back to make it possible, please release it as a stand-alone platform.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

@ E113 I hear ya, and that kinda confuses me cause we got room for nearly 30 trophies over on ps3. How come you guys are maxed out already? Wait....its cuz of the Xbox exclusive tables aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    @ E113 I hear ya, and that kinda confuses me cause we got room for nearly 30 trophies over on ps3. How come you guys are maxed out already? Wait....its cuz of the Xbox exclusive tables aint it?
    That and the fact that their earlier tables had 3 achievements instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    That and the fact that their earlier tables had 3 achievements instead of 2.
    And our most recent tables have 1 each. It's very unbalanced. If we end up getting 3 packs with 1 achievement? That's just terrible.

*EDIT* I almost forgot: Marvel Pinball is also not a stand-alone platform on Xbox Live. It's part of FX2, that's another reason our achievements are almost maxed out.
    Last edited by E113; 02-09-2013 at 03:53 AM.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    Come on Zen, do the right thing here. Even if Star Wars Pinball has to be pushed back to make it possible, please release it as a stand-alone platform.

Honestly, do you really think they are going to change their plans a few weeks before release while everything is ready, just because someone suggested them to do so on the forum ?

Besides, what's going on with all this achievement obsession, achievements here, achievements there, achievements everywhere ? Why do they even exist ? I don't care about achievements, I barely look at them, and the only thing they do is that they disturb me when I'm playing a table and they suddenly pop up towards me...
    Last edited by Vincent; 02-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Honestly, do you really they are going to change their plans a few weeks before release while everything is ready, just because someone suggested them to do so on the forum ?

Besides, what's going on with all this achievement obsession, achievements here, achievements there, achievements everywhere ? Why do they even exist ? I don't care about achievements, I barely look at them, and the only thing they do is that they disturb me when I'm playing a table and they suddenly pop up towards me...

There are many players that love achievement/trophies. It sort of gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    There are many players that love achievement/trophies. It sort of gives you a sense of accomplishment.
    I don't see them as giving me a sense of accomplishment. However, they do give me some additional objectives/goals to focus on (ie more replay value).

I don't see them as giving me a sense of accomplishment. However, they do give me some additional objectives/goals to focus on (ie more replay value).

That's what I initially wanted to say but sometimes I can't express myself correctly.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

As someone who has all 94 Achievements I got to say its nice to have something to strive for, I mean the Achievements can be seen as something that shows your mates hey looks I beat Ultimo on Iron Man in a week etc. Achievements and Leaderboards kinda work out the same as they both showcase ones ability etc.

I know some games have easy Achievements which kinda make those Achievements dry for me, but certain Games like PFX2 and ZP2 (Trophies) have Achievements/Trophies that require you to truely surpass your skill level to attain them.

Although dont get me wrong if Pinball has no achievements I would still play the heck out of it

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

This is amazing news...here I was waiting around for Star Trek the Next Generation to finally come to Pinball Arcade on Xbox Live and then I see this news...you guys just continually impress.

I wasn't trying to start a war between achievement whores and casual gamers. I was simply expressing my concerns about how the Star Wars tables are being packaged.

As tenorhero said: There are many players that love achievements/trophies. And I'm sure a lot of them feel the same way I do, but just didn't voice it.

I'm upset that I won't get as much replay out of them as I did the older tables. It doesn't mean I won't love them anyway and play them for pure fun. I love Star Wars and pinball alike. I just love achievements too.

But game goals always existed, we didn't wait for modern consoles and so-called "achievements" to have that, except that they used to be "included" in games, at those beautiful times when games were true complete games, of course. In Mario World you wanted to get the blue "96" perfect score, in Zelda the 24 Heart Pieces, then in Donkey Kong Country you would try to get 101 %, in Goldeneye it was the cheats, in Blast Corps the Platinum medals, in Diddy Kong Racing the Developers' Times, and so on (yeah i'm a former Nintendo / Rare fan, is it that obvious ? lol...)

Default Achievements for Star Wars tables

Here are the achievements for the 3 pack Star Wars tables for PBFX 2:

Clone Training 50
    Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only).

Somewhat Indigestible 50
    Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)

Art of the lightsaber 50
    Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Thanks for that Rafie.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thanks for that Rafie.
    No prob, Steve!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Question: Do we know the price of this pack? Is it likely to be 600msp?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Question: Do we know the price of this pack? Is it likely to be 600msp?
    More info will be released soon. We are guessing it'll be the normal $9.99, even though it's only 3 tables, considering it's Star Wars, but who knows.

The achievement list is out:

Clone Training (50G) Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only). Somewhat Indigestible (50G) Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)
    Art of the Lightsaber (50G) Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)

Quote Originally Posted by Decade360 View Post

Clone Training (50G) Complete the clone training by Capturing the Citadel on the Clone Wars table! (single-player only). Somewhat Indigestible (50G) Earn maximum respect, and escape from the Sarlacc on the Boba Fett table! (Single player only)
    Art of the Lightsaber (50G) Finish a Training mode successfully on the Star Wars Episode V table (Single player only)
    A bit cheeky that the tables are unavailable to download for another 2 weeks 26th of FEB yet the achievements are already on.

Rafie beat you 5 posts above

My bad. With eyesight like that, is it any wonder my pinball scores suck?

My bad. With eyesight like that, is it any wonder my pinball scores suck?
    You tried to steal my credit. HAHA I'm joking. It's all good. Keep practicing. Doing missions and beating them scores big points. Completing wizard modes scores even bigger.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Quote Originally Posted by And33y View Post
    A bit cheeky that the tables are unavailable to download for another 2 weeks 26th of FEB yet the achievements are already on.
    They're usually set up this way.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    They're usually set up this way.
    I find it odd and a little bit annoying an update is added to FX2 when those achievements are placed, prior to that update they are not there. Only logically if an update is added why not the entire DLC itself?

My only concren is because of this type marketing as a whole as stung me and alot of others. When I purchased my brand new XBOX mid 2010 it came with the demo of FX. I enjoyed FX and DLC purchased the game. Only I will never be able to complete FX because it is no longer supported. The additional DLC for the extra tables are no longer available, when using additonal content it upgrades to FX2. The same has happened with my sister who bought her XBOX 2012 last year, again this came with the Demo of FX. If FX is no longer support why is that game being sold as a demo on brand new XBOX's alongside other arcade games and demo's pre-installed on the hard disk?

This is my concern if something isn't available then don't added content in the form of achievements until that DLC is available please. If a product is no longer supported please upgrade that content to an existing product that is.
    Last edited by And33y; 02-16-2013 at 12:15 PM.

The achievements/trophies showing up before dlc is available for purchase isnt because of zen. Its on Microsoft/Sony's end. Its always been like that, at least on ps3, for ALL games with dlc, not just zen. The trophies always show up 2 weeks or so before dlc is available for purchase. I have no idea why or what the reasoning is...that's just the way it is and always (far a I can remember) has been for all games with dlc. As far as your situation with the preloaded pfx1i don't know about that. But I highly doubt zen puts that in new Xbox packages. Perhaps your sister bought an Xbox that was sitting on a shelf for some time, who knows.

One last thing.....how do you some of you guys not get a sense of accomplishment from some of these trophies? Is there not goals set forth to do on these tables, some being extremely difficult to do? Is performing these goals and beating wizard modes and earning said trophies NOT accomplishing them by the rules and parameters set forth by the devs to "beat" these tables? I get a great sense of accomplishment and gratifaction from obtaining the wizard mode trophies that i have so far. They are some of the hardest trophies to obtain across all platform's and throughout the entire library of video games available.

@ Vincent.....but that's exactly why there are trophies/achievements now. Back then, in order to show you did those things, your buddies had to come over & see you load the game up & see it first hand. Or you took a 35mm or a polaroid screenshot of the end game pic (lol remember those endings?) Well now that everything's online, you can just load up your buddies profile to see what he has or hasn't done in a game.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 02-17-2013 at 01:05 AM.

@ Vincent.....but that's exactly why there are trophies/achievements now. Back then, in order to show you did those things, your buddies had to come over & see you load the game up & see it first hand. Or you took a 35mm or a polaroid screenshot of the end game pic (lol remember those endings?) Well now that everything's online, you can just load up your buddies profile to see what he has or hasn't done in a game.

To be honest I never particularly felt the need to show my accomplishments to my buddies, all I wanted was to have a perfect save on the title screen and I was happy. I understand you could say the same for achievements, but I think everything should be "in-game" and not linked to the whole Xbox Live system. Programmers should be able to do whatever they want in their own games, don't you agree ? It's completely stupid that now we can't get more than 1 "achievement" per table ! The truth is, with this system, they are not free at all, so it's very far from being an improvement in the story of video games, but I rather think it's a large regression : back in the Super Nes times there were no such limitations

Let's take Mario Kart trophies. We could get three little ones for Mushroom Cup, Flower Cup and Star Cup on 50cc, 4 big ones in 100cc with the additional Special Cup and 4 Golden Mario heads in 150cc, making a total of 11 cups to win.

In Yoshi's Island, you obtained one golden star on the title screen for each extra level 100% completed, so at the end you could have 6 stars, and don't tell me that was a piece of cake, because that wasn't !

Same goes for N64. In Blast Corps you had to get 78 platinum medals and there were 31 grades that you obtained throughout the game and that would reward your progression step by step.

In F-Zero X you had to win Jack Cup, Queen Cup, King Cup and Joker Cup at each difficulty level (beginner, standard, expert, master) which makes a total of 15 cups to get (not 16 because Joker Cup was not available in beginner mode), and the trophies appeared on the vehicle selection screen for each vehicle, making a total of 15 x 30 = 450 "achievements" !

Of course some games still use their own system in addition to achievements, and that is a good thing : in Braid, the special stars appear in the sky as you collect them, and in Trials HD the medal system is quite nice.

So yes I always wanted to complete games at 100% and I never needed any special additional "reward" when I did, and it always worked pretty well even before those new online stuffs came out. But nowadays marketing people are so smart that they keep making people regard as new and better features things that are actually very old and have been working at least as efficiently for a long time. Microsoft did exactly the same with MSN Messenger, making teenagers believe it was incredibly new and awesome, while ICQ was 100 times better before Microsoft killed them by including their crappy software in their OS.

If Zen were allowed to use those 50 points how they wanted then I'm sure they would have more than 3 goals per table, but that isn't the case, there is a limit (I would presume this is for consistency, not to limit achievements).

Yes, I remember the "good" ol days, but things move on and I find it's nice to have a trophy cabinet that I can actually look back on or show off if that was how I was inclined.

As for ICQ, sure they were the first internet wide messaging service, doesn't mean they did it the best. One screaming issue was having a number (ya know, like them old phone thingymajigaries) rather than a handle when you wanted to add a new contact. Nintendo made this same error with Friend-codes, basically living in the past trying to fix problems in the future I guess.

Anyway, it's the social era on the internet, it may pass, it probably won't.

The achievements/trophies showing up before dlc is available for purchase isnt because of zen. Its on Microsoft/Sony's end. Its always been like that, at least on ps3, for ALL games with dlc, not just zen. The trophies always show up 2 weeks or so before dlc is available for purchase. I have no idea why or what the reasoning is...that's just the way it is and always (far a I can remember) has been for all games with dlc. As far as your situation with the preloaded pfx1i don't know about that. But I highly doubt zen puts that in new Xbox packages. Perhaps your sister bought an Xbox that was sitting on a shelf for some time, who knows.
    The update should come out the same times as the dlc, because it simply means updating twice. Nonsense saying the achieves are added first there are plenty of games where both update and achieve correspond together and are DLC at the same time.

My sister bought the same XBOX as me satin black 250GB, on it hard disk it had Hex full game and pinball FX demo, on her new XBOX she also had another full Arcade game. She bought this XBOX last year 2012 it came with a full warranty.

If after phoning XBOX they say it is ZEN fault, speak to ZEN, who say its Live fault. This error with FX swings both ways. Whatever the issue it is a problem. While I agree it is LIVE to blame because they no longer support FX and took years getting rid of it from their Arcade although not from XBOX. I believe the fault is on both sides only nobody whats to admit it. It would be nice on a game I can still fully source on the net, to have an option to get the other tables from a DLC as this game is unable to be completed at present like this. Or maybe an option to rid myself of those achieve so it can show as complete.

There are plenty of issue with ZEN though. A main example being doesn't anyone speak english at ZEN? When creating a logo and it reading on the start up screen 2007-2010. Why if it is out of date are new tables are being made? Achievements before tables are released yet they they cannot update a simple spelling mistake.
    Last edited by And33y; 02-17-2013 at 03:43 PM.

@Nekro Nekro , has nothing to do with Pinball, but is that your female Cat in your Gameprofile ?
    have one aswell, she often lies beside me when i play Zenpinball & listens to the Noises...

The update should come out the same times as the dlc, because it simply means updating twice. Nonsense saying the achieves are added first there are plenty of games where both update and achieve correspond together and are DLC at the same time.
    That's not how it works. You can complain all you want, but it's out of Zen's hands. All Zen does is submit the update and pay the certification fee. Microsoft and Sony handle the rest and will post the update when they feel like it. Many times it's two weeks in advance and other times it's only a couple days in advance.

There are plenty of issue with ZEN though. A main example being doesn't anyone speak english at ZEN?
    Some of them do. Zsolt (the owner) and Deep (a table designer) speak fluent English, while some of the other table designers don't.

When creating a logo and it reading on the start up screen 2007-2010. Why if it is out of date are new tables are being made? Achievements before tables are released yet they they cannot update a simple spelling mistake.
    That's the copyright/trademark year. Pinball FX2 released out in 2010, while PFX1 came out in 2007. They place both years down because of the Pinball FX name. The copyright/trademark is only listed for the main program itself. They don't update it every time a new piece of DLC releases. There's really no need to update it, since a copyright/trademark lasts for a very long time (many many years). The only time a copyright/trademark needs to be updated (by law) is when a new installment is released. Since, the tables are being released in an existing program, the copyright/trademark info doesn't need to be updated.

If after phoning XBOX they say it is ZEN fault, speak to ZEN, who say its Live fault. This error with FX swings both ways. Whatever the issue it is a problem. While I agree it is LIVE to blame because they no longer support FX and took years getting rid of it from their Arcade although not from XBOX. I believe the fault is on both sides only nobody whats to admit it. It would be nice on a game I can still fully source on the net, to have an option to get the other tables from a DLC as this game is unable to be completed at present like this. Or maybe an option to rid myself of those achieve so it can show as complete.
    While i can agree with you about about support for pfx1 or zp1, im going to have to respectfully disagree about the trophies before dlc as nonsense. That in fact is the way it is. And it doesnt need two updates. Recent example: pinball arcade & the 3 newest tables. All three tables new trophies showed up in the menu WITHOUT AN UPDATE. The trophies for dlc always show up in our xmb before dlc is released, they always have. No game i have with dlc did an update to show the trophies, they just show up in our lists. And believe me, trophy hunters everywhere have always complained about it because it ruins their 100% and half of them dont buy the dlc, dont update a game after they obtain the plat, and their list still shows the unearned dlc trophies. The trophies are put in a game list through the servers, whether or not the game in your system is updated to unlock the trophies or not.

Again, i dont know about the pfx1 situation, and i would be upset as well if i bought a brand new system and it came preloaded with an out of date, already replaced, old version of a game that no longer has support. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    @Nekro Nekro , has nothing to do with Pinball, but is that your female Cat in your Gameprofile ?
    have one aswell, she often lies beside me when i play Zenpinball & listens to the Noises...

That cat's name was Nelson, which I assume is because she only had one eye. Unfortunately, she died a couple of years ago, but she was great. I now have a Tom, dark grey, really soft with the stretchiest skin I've ever known a cat to have whom I got as a kitten around 8 weeks after Nelson died. His name is Tiberius. I guess you could call me a cat person. He used to chase the pinball around the TV when he was a kitten, but he doesn't bother with that anymore.
    Last edited by Nekro Neko; 02-17-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    That cat's name was Nelson, which I assume is because she only had one eye. Unfortunately, she died a couple of years ago, but she was great. I now have a Tom, dark grey, really soft with the stretchiest skin I've ever known a cat to have whom I got as a kitten around 8 weeks after Nelson died. His name is Tiberius. I guess you could call me a cat person. He used to chase the pinball around the TV when he was a kitten, but he doesn't bother with that anymore.
    Did you know , that only female Cats have more then 2 Collours .....

That's not how it works. You can complain all you want, but it's out of Zen's hands. All Zen does is submit the update and pay the certification fee. Microsoft and Sony handle the rest and will post the update when they feel like it. Many times it's two weeks in advance and other times it's only a couple days in advance.

Some of them do. Zsolt (the owner) and Deep (a table designer) speak fluent English, while some of the other table designers don't.

That's the copyright/trademark year. Pinball FX2 released out in 2010, while PFX1 came out in 2007. They place both years down because of the Pinball FX name. The copyright/trademark is only listed for the main program itself. They don't update it every time a new piece of DLC releases. There's really no need to update it, since a copyright/trademark lasts for a very long time (many many years). The only time a copyright/trademark needs to be updated (by law) is when a new installment is released. Since, the tables are being released in an existing program, the copyright/trademark info doesn't need to be updated.
    As you have stated Pinball FX is an out of date product, so why has this date even be shown on the new Pinball FX2 recent logo? I am playing Pinball FX2, if it was released in 2010. Why would that logo even show 2007 showing it to be an older product? In correct english we never put an ending date on a product that is still a valid product. It shouldn't have shown a date at all. A simple update would remedy this grammar error as it reads incorrectly. The product I am playing was released in 2010 as you have stated, not in 2007. When the Pinball FX2 logo reads 2007-2010 anybody reading that logo concludes it is out of date due to RIP..... When purchasing any product if you see and ending date you assume faulty, out of date, or bad when purchased after that dates end. Batteries, food, the dead. English when showing an ending date is there to be read. It is an error, and in your response only shows the mentality behind it. The copyright was mispelled/mislabelled please change it. Obviously it won't be because as you said alot no speak the english. This clerical error is justified with, the copyright doesn't need update until a new product is installed. I bet the same can be said with any other fault or glitch found they don't require updating because they have already been released. Next you will argue it isn't Pinball FX2 it is Zen or something equally as absurd concerning this clerical error. What that date as you have clarified is actually reading was the RIP or lifespan of Pinball FX not the actual game I am playing FX2.

The additional Pinball FX tables Rocky, Nightmare where only available as an extra DLC for about 2 years? That is very bad form indeed
    Last edited by And33y; 02-18-2013 at 09:38 AM.

As you have stated Pinball FX is an out of date product, so why has this date even be shown on the new Pinball FX2 recent logo? I am playing Pinball FX2, if it was released in 2010. Why would that logo even show 2007 showing it to be an older product? In correct english we never put an ending date on a product that is still a valid product. It shouldn't have shown a date at all. A simple update would remedy this grammar error as it reads incorrectly. The product I am playing was released in 2010 as you have stated, not in 2007. When the Pinball FX2 logo reads 2007-2010 anybody reading that logo concludes it is out of date due to RIP..... When purchasing any product if you see and ending date you assume faulty, out of date, or bad when purchased after that dates end. Batteries, food, the dead. English when showing an ending date is there to be read. It is an error, and in your response only shows the mentality behind it. The copyright was mispelled/mislabelled please change it. Obviously it won't be because as you said alot no speak the english. This clerical error is justified with, the copyright doesn't need update until a new product is installed. I bet the same can be said with any other fault or glitch found they don't require updating because they have already been released. Next you will argue it isn't Pinball FX2 it is Zen or something equally as absurd concerning this clerical error. What that date as you have clarified is actually reading was the RIP or lifespan of Pinball FX not the actual game I am playing FX2.

The additional Pinball FX tables Rocky, Nightmare where only available as an extra DLC for about 2 years? That is very bad form indeed

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Shogun was absolutely correct. These are copyright dates. I don't have FX2 but I imagine you are talking about the splash screens with logos on them. I imagine these dates are preceded by the copyright or trademark symbol, which is a c with a circle around it or a superscript TM or R with a circle around it. These are not expiration dates. They represent when the copyright or trademark was first registered and used. Please go to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (www.uspto.gov) for more information about copyrights and trademarks.
    Last edited by surf1der; 02-18-2013 at 01:57 PM.

The logo was patented in 2010 when FX2 was patented that logo clearly reads FX2. Not the FX logo or game which was made in 2007. ZEN don't have a sperate logo. so this date is incorrect beacuse we are talking about 2 games each with there own logos the later patent would have been in 2010. Why would they even show a date if that trademark (TM) is still current? Not like anybody who knows what the (TM) or (R) symbols mean, needs the information of those dates espeacially not any gamers using this software. This is why most companies with an (R) symbol you won't see a date near when they are still valid. Examples EA, RS, Eidos, Mircosoft or many more software giants no the TM covers all of that. Possibly in a small print at the back of a manual or in an information guide you will find the registered dates certainly not on a load screen. Sad that this error is clerical and it is justified in this way. What that date actually shows is the RIP of FX nothing more.

I couldn't really couldn't careless, it is not me who has a fashion sense to be desired.
    Last edited by And33y; 02-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.

LOL. Copyright pages in books must drive you crazy And33y. All those RIP dates must be so confusing for you.

Examples EA, RS, Eidos, Mircosoft or many more software giants no the TM covers all of that. Possibly in a small print at the back of a manual or in an information guide you will find the registered dates certainly not on a load screen.
    Then you have never played a game from Namco before. They list the copyrights right on the title screen. For example, Tekken 6 has a "1994-2009" copyright at the bottom of the title screen.

Copyright dates can be listed anywhere. It doesn't have to be on a load screen. It could be the title screen or credits page, but it has to be listed somewhere in the actual software by law. The decision on where it goes is up to the developer.

Star Wars Pinball anyone?

Anyone?

Awww Look at you trying to keep the peace! LET THEM QUARREL!!!! LOL Nah just joking. I'm stoked for these tables. RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

That's not how it works, everything is set up at once, the game is there you just can't access it until they officially release it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE!!!
    Welcome to the world of the NA Wii U owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Welcome to the world of the NA Wii U owner.
    Most of us here that has a Wii U (and in NA) is waiting. We'll get man. Patience!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Most of us here that has a Wii U (and in NA) is waiting. We'll get man. Patience!
    Of course we will. I'm just interested in a release date for it, just as you are for SW. Remember, I've been waiting since the middle of December for it. Star Wars was announced less than 2 weeks ago.

Well this week should be interesting with the Boba Fett Trailer and the apparent announcement of the PS4.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Awww Look at you trying to keep the peace! LET THEM QUARREL!!!! LOL Nah just joking. I'm stoked for these tables. RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE...RELEASE DATE!!!
    26th - It's in the initial post.

The announcement on www.starwarspinball.com says it's "coming this february" so there's only one date left anyway.

Unless it is delayed.
    Last edited by Vincent; 02-18-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    26th - It's in the initial post.

The announcement on www.starwarspinball.com says it's "coming this february" so there's only one date left anyway.

Unless it is delayed.
    Yeah that's why I'll wait on the confirmed date from Barbie! As soon as she says its a confirmed date, then I will be comfortable.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

As soon as she says its a confirmed date, then I will be comfortable.
    I hear that. I'll go on record saying I believe we will get a confirmed date on Star Wars before the Wii U NA release, even though the second one has been in the "finalizing" stage for over a month now.

I really hope this won't be delayed because it will still be school vacation and then I can have plenty of time to enjoy it.

EDIT : IT'S CONFIRMED - RELEASE DATE FEBRUARY 27TH !!!!!!!!!!!!! (yeah it's always on Wednesday, not Tuesday)

Source : http://starwarspinball.com/

Are you happy now ?
    Last edited by Vincent; 02-19-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Well Zen, you know I was critical in the past when you said you had a "big name" for a table and it was at the time Ms splosion man. Now I realise you probably had this idea in the works and needed some behind the scenes schmoozing to finalise it all.

Bravo, I commend you. Certainly a nice coup to get a lucas branded title on the market. I havent seen any pics of the table yet, as I want to not pre-judge it and only base my decision to buy on its play-ability. While im not a huge fan of Star Wars, its certainly a good prospect for increased sales.

Best of luck with the launch.

Love zen studios for putting in a proper achievement on the boba fett table.
    Wasn't too hard but was fun to actually have to play the table for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkimono View Post
    Love zen studios for putting in a proper achievement on the boba fett table.
    Wasn't too hard but was fun to actually have to play the table for it.
    Yeh I was on the last Bounty Mission needed to gain all 8 Letters of 'BOBA FETT' but freaking heck for the life of me after I got passed the bit where you have to hit 4 Lanes to get on the right trail, then you get the Artefact and it says something like sink it into the Pit. I constantly keep hitting the 2 lit lanes (Empire Loop & Han Solo Spinner) but it doesnt sink... am I doing something wrong? I would randomly go in sometimes.

I got to a point where the Salaac grabbed me and it said to sink it into the pit but still nothing... Bounty fail and I got a crazy rebound resulting in a Ball drain.

Any tips?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin