Thread: Are Table Updates automatic?

Default Are Table Updates automatic?

I am fairly new here and have been reading about various updates that periodically are released by Zen. On the Windows 8 platform, are updates to previously installed tables automatic as soon as someone connects to XBOX Live? Or do we have to log on to the Windows Store and then it's automatic? Or do we do something manually to get a table to update? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlemark View Post
    I am fairly new here and have been reading about various updates that periodically are released by Zen. On the Windows 8 platform, are updates to previously installed tables automatic as soon as someone connects to XBOX Live? Or do we have to log on to the Windows Store and then it's automatic? Or do we do something manually to get a table to update? Thanks.
    They aren't automatic, you have to click on the store app on the Start page and you'll see Pinball FX2 listed, then you'll need to click on it to install the update.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    They aren't automatic, you have to click on the store app on the Start page and you'll see Pinball FX2 listed, then you'll need to click on it to install the update.
    I am not clear. Are you you saying that users should periodically go into the Windows Store, find the Pinball FX2 app again, and reinstall it again? Will there be any indication anywhere (besides perhaps this forum) that an update beyond the one you already have installed is available? -OR- Will that update notice be right there on the start page (after clicking Store App) without the need to have to go into the store itself?
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-12-2013 at 11:01 PM.

I am not clear. Are you you saying that users should periodically go into the Windows Store, find the Pinball FX2 app again, and reinstall it again? Will there be any indication anywhere (besides perhaps this forum) that an update beyond the one you already have installed is available? -OR- Will that update notice be right there on the start page (after clicking Store App) without the need to have to go into the store itself?
    No, you don't need to reinstall. The updates will be listed as I have described above

Thanks Barbie, your two posts have helped me to find a YouTube video that illustrates what you are saying at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzB33-GQYw

In fact Pinball FX2 is shown in the video.

Thanks Barbie, your two posts have helped me to find a YouTube video that illustrates what you are saying at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlzB33-GQYw

In fact Pinball FX2 is shown in the video.
    YAY! I need to keep that link handy for when people ask--thanks for sharing it

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    YAY! I need to keep that link handy for when people ask--thanks for sharing it
    Sorry Barbie, I was wrong. The YouTube video from the URL was about the Consumer Preview of Windows 8 and doesn't match what I see in the retail real version. So here is how I then started the flow:

Clicked Store Icon from Start page.
    If not already logged in to store, used my desktop mouse to go to upper right corner, to get to Settings Charm. Clicked on Settings, then "Your Account" to log into store.
    Once logged into Store, used my desktop mouse to go to upper right corner, to get to Settings Charm. Clicked on Settings, then "App Updates".
    Then Clicked on "Check for Updates". Currently I am getting "No updates available". But if there are updates, I think at that point it will let you select them.

P.S. Just below "Check for Updates" there is also a clickable box for "App Licenses- sync licenses"/"If you're not seeing up-to-date info for the apps you own, try syncing app licenses."
    Does anyone know if Pinball FX2 ever needs this?
    Last edited by Seattlemark; 02-15-2013 at 02:30 AM.

You can do the force checks like that, but Windows 8 will periodically check for updates for all your installed apps and notify you on the store icon.