Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back

Default Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back

Check it out, we have a trailer for Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back Pinball Table!

Next week we'll have a trailer for the Boba Fett table as well as more details on Star Wars Pinball!

Sweet! Thanks for sharing this Barbie. Looking forward to seeing all of the features of these new tables. I'm sure you guys at Zen are excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing this Barbie. Looking forward to seeing all of the features of these new tables. I'm sure you guys at Zen are excited.
    We are sooooo stoked. Seriously, we're like little kids on Christmas

I know everyone here on the forum are so thrilled for you guys too. Landing a franchise like this really speaks volumes about the quality of your work. A few more years and you can probably get the rights to the Bible. That could be an interesting table.

Not to derail this thread, but in the other Star Wars pinball thread the name Attila Heiger was used in connection with the music for the tables. I know you stated that all of the music for SW is the original score (which is awesome by the way) but I did want to ask if Heiger is the creative force behind the music on some of the original Zen tables (Tesla, El Dorado, Excalibur, etc)? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Everly; 02-13-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Wow Zen has certainly 'Striked Back' with these Tables, The Force is STRONG with them lol..

I have to say that Trailer is the best I have ever seen for Zen, heck and 1 of the best Trailers in genral.. it really gives that Star Wars Epic Vibe.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

I couln't see the ESB trailer on starwarspinball.com

So for those who are in my case, here is the youtube link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOajo2uBvbE
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Our post is live on the PlayStation blog, come check it out!

I'm not going to watch any of these trailers or videos. They usually spoil the tables for me.

The screen shots were enough for me.

When can you expect a release?
    Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs
    http://twitter.com/neuroup

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroup View Post
    When can you expect a release?
    Greets
    We should have more info on release dates, pricing and platforms next week.

Not to derail this thread, but in the other Star Wars pinball thread the name Attila Heiger was used in connection with the music for the tables. I know you stated that all of the music for SW is the original score (which is awesome by the way) but I did want to ask if Heiger is the creative force behind the music on some of the original Zen tables (Tesla, El Dorado, Excalibur, etc)? Thanks in advance.
    Pretty sure he does the music for all of Zen's tables, even the Marvel ones.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Yup! He's pretty amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We should have more info on release dates, pricing and platforms next week.
    All 3 tables will be released at this same time or each table in different time?

Greets
    Neuroup of Addict Labs

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroup View Post
    All 3 tables will be released at this same time or each table in different time?

Greets
    All 3 at once, in a pack. We have 7 more Star Wars tables coming later that we haven't announced yet.

Thank you so much for answering. Seriously, I think the music on some of them are absolutely incredible. I've pulled up the different tables on the Zen Pinball 2 site and have it on a background tab just so I can listen to the music. Does he ever post here on the forum that you have seen?

All 3 at once, in a pack. We have 7 more Star Wars tables coming later that we haven't announced yet.
    I love you. I spreded this info via twitter and with other channels

Great news!
    Neuroup of Addict Labs

Thank you so much for answering. Seriously, I think the music on some of them are absolutely incredible. I've pulled up the different tables on the Zen Pinball 2 site and have it on a background tab just so I can listen to the music. Does he ever post here on the forum that you have seen?
    Sadly, no, I don't think he posts on here. If you didn't know, you can download the Marvel Pinball soundtrack (the original tables) and the Mars soundtrack HERE

We've mentioned here several times that we'd love to have access to all the songs from every table, but it hasn't happened yet.

*EDIT* Uh-oh, this was post #666 for me lol
    Last edited by snakeman07; 02-13-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: 666

Sadly, no, I don't think he posts on here. If you didn't know, you can download the Marvel Pinball soundtrack (the original tables) and the Mars soundtrack HERE

We've mentioned here several times that we'd love to have access to all the songs from every table, but it hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, I know about those tracks, but the ones I really like are from the original Zen tables. I even made a medley of them from what I was able to grab off of videos and samples and converted it into an mp3 so I can listen to it on my player. Super good work that man puts out!

Snakeman, quickly reply and tell me what you think of my new signature. Just to get you off of #666

Yeah, I know about those tracks, but the ones I really like are from the original Zen tables. I even made a medley of them from what I was able to grab off of videos and samples and converted it into an mp3 so I can listen to it on my player. Super good work that man puts out!

Snakeman, quickly reply and tell me what you think of my new signature. Just to get you off of #666
    Haha it's pretty sweet!

Fantastic!!!! So looking forward to the other trailers. I guess the painful wait is inevitable. 2 weeks seems like a long time ago in a galaxy far......far ...... away.

We are sooooo stoked. Seriously, we're like little kids on Christmas
    Perhaps we PS3 players can feel like kids at Christmas with new of PBFX2 Tables coming our way? Nudge Nudge
    Last edited by tenorhero; 02-14-2013 at 03:08 AM.

i love the mars tune its really it's groovy

Default Wow

I can't wait for this, it's gonna be awesome!!!!!!!

Also on another note, I would like to thank ZEN for for the great job they do keeping us up-to-date on the tables and actually responding to posts on the forum.

Red face

2nd that, we really have it all here. Great community, all the info you could ever want, best game forum imo and cool Zen family. Oh yeah they make great pinball tables too.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    i love the mars tune its really it's groovy
    DAT Fear Itself!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Barbie SW will be stand alone? If yes, does it mean that SW tables will also join ZP2?

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight6633 View Post
    Barbie SW will be stand alone? If yes, does it mean that SW tables will also join ZP2?
    It will be DLC in ZP2 first, then we'll release a standalone game later. We'll have more details later on about importing, pricing, etc.

Well if by having it on ZP2 we can import to Star Wars Pinball that would be awesome imo.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Well if by having it on ZP2 we can import to Star Wars Pinball that would be awesome imo.
    Better than awesome lets hope it works that way since the zp2 dlc will be first!

Default Dot matrix display

So guys, after couple of games played with the table, how do you like this new splitted dot matrix handling?

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    So guys, after couple of games played with the table, how do you like this new splitted dot matrix handling?
    err i am not sure what you mean by this? are you referring to the 1/4 left side showing the score and mission timer.

about the stacking modes that skippycue was talking about in another thread i don't see a problem at all with modes stacking just thought id give some input about that after playing it for a bit.

Great tables yet again. But can you please give the option to alter or lower the volume on the flippers. The constant "clack clack" noise gets irritating after a while. Preferred the old sounding flippers personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidShark View Post
    err i am not sure what you mean by this? are you referring to the 1/4 left side showing the score and mission timer.

about the stacking modes that skippycue was talking about in another thread i don't see a problem at all with modes stacking just thought id give some input about that after playing it for a bit.
    Yes I meant that. What is your opinion about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Great tables yet again. But can you please give the option to alter or lower the volume on the flippers. The constant "clack clack" noise gets irritating after a while. Preferred the old sounding flippers personally.
    You can adjust it in the options / settings menu (physics volume).

Yes I meant that. What is your opinion about it?
    actually i like it its easier to see when i quickly glace at it and you can still keep some busy stuff beside it so ya i like it

Yeah' but if you adjust the physics volume it alters all the other sounds of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Yeah' but if you adjust the physics volume it alters all the other sounds of the table.
    it would be nice if we could turn down just the flipper sounds and keep the other cool sounds intact.

I actually love the DMD and the sounds of the flippers. I keep pressing it just so I can hear them. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

It's not bad, but I rarely pay attention to it. I personally ignore the timers, because they can be distracting and I'm more likely to mess up on a mission.

Found a bug. Scene 5 checkpoint 2, where the clone trooper comes out and you have to block the incoming shots with the lightsaber, it wasn't registering me blocking them, instead they were going right through the lightsaber so I lost the mission.

Found a bug. Scene 5 checkpoint 2, where the clone trooper comes out and you have to block the incoming shots with the lightsaber, it wasn't registering me blocking them, instead they were going right through the lightsaber so I lost the mission.
    I ran into that glitch a few times. It happens pretty randomly.

Deep,

I'm so impressed by what you have done with this table. It has stacking. Some missions are challenging. love the fact that STAR WARS targets are random in many of the missions. The mulitball is fast paced. So much to do. Love the fact that you can get both sith and jedi multiballs going at the same time. I think I had imperial multiball going along with that as well.

Hyperspace mutiball is confusing to get but I haven't had a chance to really look at the rule sheet.

I've done cloud city multiball several time but not sure how to get that as well.

By far my favorite of the pack. Boba Fett is great too. All tables are fun ESB is addictive and quite complicated.

Yeah, well about that, it's not a bug. It could kind of cheating your eyes. The trooper's blast checks the position of the lightsaber at a certain point, and if the saber is not fully stopped at the right position, the blast won't "see" it as a block and goes towards. If there are only 1-2 frames to the full stop, the blast could be seemed like it goes through the lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Deep,

I'm so impressed by what you have done with this table. It has stacking. Some missions are challenging. love the fact that STAR WARS targets are random in many of the missions. The mulitball is fast paced. So much to do. Love the fact that you can get both sith and jedi multiballs going at the same time. I think I had imperial multiball going along with that as well.

Hyperspace mutiball is confusing to get but I haven't had a chance to really look at the rule sheet.

I've done cloud city multiball several time but not sure how to get that as well.

By far my favorite of the pack. Boba Fett is great too. All tables are fun ESB is addictive and quite complicated.
    Thanks so much! When I'm reading posts like yours, I recall the many overtime hours I spend with the table and realize: worth it
    Try this: first, start the Hyperspace multiball, than the Jedi, Sith and Imperial multiballs. So you get 4 running multis at a time. Madness Both Hyperspace and the cloud city multi can be started at the right ramp. There is a diverter on it, and it can be switched with a hit to the Ion cannon. The Sith lane leads to it, or the right ramp lane, when it's entrance is lowered.

Yeah, well about that, it's not a bug. It could kind of cheating your eyes. The trooper's blast checks the position of the lightsaber at a certain point, and if the saber is not fully stopped at the right position, the blast won't "see" it as a block and goes towards. If there are only 1-2 frames to the full stop, the blast could be seemed like it goes through the lightsaber.
    Hmm, I don't know. I'm positive I got the timing down. I'll have to have another go.

I agree with deep on this one. It's really a timing thing. You can't just hold the light sabre out and expect it to block the shots, you have to get the timing right.

Some of my opinions on the thoughts raised in this thread:

Not keen on stacking, I like to concentrate on one thing at a time and it can be really annoying when you inadvertently start something which interferes with your goal. It's not a huge gripe though, I can live with it.

As I love real pinball I love the noisy flippers! Real flippers are clunky, I feel these add to the experience.

The split dot matrix works well, nice work there. Provides valuable info while maintaining some cool animations etc.

It's amazing having an actual table designer responding here, we are very lucky. Your overtime hours were well spent, I love learning any tables rules and this has some of the best I've seen. Pardon the pun but they are so deep! The checkpoints are a great idea, also ALL tables should give you the ability to choose a mission, so you never have the situation where you get so bored of doing, say, the first two missions over and over like in Ninja Gaiden. Urgh.... That can ruin a great table IMO.

Enough rambling from me, I could go on... . One more thing, the Stormtrooper saying "move along" when your drained ball is saved is class.

Thanks so much! When I'm reading posts like yours, I recall the many overtime hours I spend with the table and realize: worth it
    Try this: first, start the Hyperspace multiball, than the Jedi, Sith and Imperial multiballs. So you get 4 running multis at a time. Madness Both Hyperspace and the cloud city multi can be started at the right ramp. There is a diverter on it, and it can be switched with a hit to the Ion cannon. The Sith lane leads to it, or the right ramp lane, when it's entrance is lowered.
    Thanks for that.

As much I a enjoy everything leading up to the Grand Finale, it really doesn't feel like a Grand Finale. Only a 2 ball multiball for 60 seconds? I thought there would be a 4-5 multiball grand finale or something. I like the idea of the random STAR WARS lanes/targets to hit and the fact that you have only 60 seconds to shoot as many STAR WARS targets but something about the Grand Finale didn't feel that epic.

Just a minor gripe though.

To add to what I said in an earlier post the different mutiball modes are just awesome. I love how each mutiball requires you to shoot at different ramps/loops/lanes in each of their respective mutiball modes to ramp up to super jackpots. It's a nice touch. It's evident in many of your tables and that's just fantastic.

Thanks for that.

As much I a enjoy everything leading up to the Grand Finale, it really doesn't feel like a Grand Finale. Only a 2 ball multiball for 60 seconds? I thought there would be a 4-5 multiball grand finale or something. I like the idea of the random STAR WARS lanes/targets to hit and the fact that you have only 60 seconds to shoot as many STAR WARS targets but something about the Grand Finale didn't feel that epic.

Just a minor gripe though.

To add to what I said in an earlier post the different mutiball modes are just awesome. I love how each mutiball requires you to shoot at different ramps/loops/lanes in each of their respective mutiball modes to ramp up to super jackpots. It's a nice touch. It's evident in many of your tables and that's just fantastic.
    About grand finale: you are disappointed, because Yoda didn't awarded you some gifts to the finale Try to collect some Yoda awards (additional balls, time, jackpots,etc) and the finale can become really grand

About grand finale: you are disappointed, because Yoda didn't awarded you some gifts to the finale Try to collect some Yoda awards (additional balls, time, jackpots,etc) and the finale can become really grand

Oh Oh OHHHHHH. Ok yeah I recall some rewards from yoda but I guess I never was able to finish a game with those rewards. Wow nice touch on that. Brilliant idea. Like I said I usually don't read the rule sheet until absolutely necessary.

*insert Darth Vader voice.* Impressive...... Most Imoressive,,,,,!

Ok, be honest.. how long did it take for everyone to figure out that when the lightsaber drops the ball into the inlanes you can make it switch sides? I took me quite a while to figure that out, but it is really handy for some of the modes now that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ER777 View Post
    Ok, be honest.. how long did it take for everyone to figure out that when the lightsaber drops the ball into the inlanes you can make it switch sides? I took me quite a while to figure that out, but it is really handy for some of the modes now that I know.
    It didn't take me quite long to figure it out. I say about five minutes within my first game.

Then again, my friends don't call me Captain Trigger Finger for nothing.

deep defo' has some deep info on the table that deep designed

Couldn't resist.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

ha ha ya day 3 i figured that out i was like oooh pff works well in vader hurry up too as well as missions

i didn't know until i read your post. so, thanks for that!

I don't have access to the game at the moment to experiment so can I ask how?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It didn't take me quite long to figure it out. I say about five minutes within my first game.

Then again, my friends don't call me Captain Trigger Finger for nothing.
    Heheh, yeah I was always sitting waiting patiently for the ball to drop so I didn't notice. It wasn't until I was hammering away on the flippers in frustration after failing a mission that I saw it switch sides for the first time. Usually there's not much reason for me to be pressing the flipper on the opposite side.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    I don't have access to the game at the moment to experiment so can I ask how?
    Its as easy as just pressing the flipper of the side you want it to move to, crazy huh?
    Last edited by ER777; 03-03-2013 at 04:45 AM.

I didn't know until just now. I probably never, ever would have known either because why would I press a flipper button needlessly?
    I'm glad to know though, thanks!

It took me a while too. I always hit the flippers to cycle the roll-over lights and I kept wondering why the lightsaber 'randomly' changed where the ball would drop! Now I know I use it a lot, very handy.

I just learned that today reading you Not only it's important but it's also a cool subtle feature that puts players deepens into the Star Wars universe.

I think Zen should release more complete table guides when new tables are released instead of letting consumers in the dark having to figure out complex tables by themselves. If it took some of the pinball Wizards days to figure this out we can guess that the casual player might never figure it out.

Maybe they should include a tutorial mode that lets user learn the tables features.

Table guide would be quite usefull, I agree.
    There's still some things I have to figure out about this table, this forum has been quite usefull.

Episode V table is damn addictive, played hours and hours on it and haven't even touched the Clone Wars table.
    IOS : koencomics PS3 : Koen_C

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    deep defo' has some deep info on the table that deep designed

Couldn't resist.
    Your wit could rival the likes of Oscar Wilde.

i have no idea why i find the challenges for all the scenes on this table hard.

But holy hell. I dunno... the only scene that i can constantly finish is the 1st scene.

my high score sucks, it's just over 100 million. That was mainly due to having sith/jedi and tie fighter multiball going on at the same time and just juicing all the jackpots for quite a while. As well as having finished scene 1 and a couple other checkpoints.

i must ask this though: Any hints on finishing the FPS training mode? Wow that's annoying.

Loving the table though, especially all the stackable multiball modes.

well for me, the first time that the it happened.

no joke. Hit the other trigger "oh, you can move it!!!"

then again, i also kinda figured that out from watching some of the preview videos. BTW, and a giant "of course". The first time i did that, i moved the lightsaber VERY late, and i dropped the ball right down one of the outlanes into "drain zone" and my bang back didn't work.

speaking of bang backs, hate to switch the topic. But i'm a goddamn master at bang backs on the boba fett table! Even when i have the whip save active. Boba fett table is very bang back friendly.

Even this episode V table is bang back friendly... however, i'm much more successful at doing it on the fett table.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    i must ask this though: Any hints on finishing the FPS training mode? Wow that's annoying.
    Just hold the right flipper down for the direction it's going to shoot, and the launch button when it shoots up.

This table is so addicting. For starters I usually for the training mission. Extra balls are somewhat easy to come by.

-Start off by hitting the empire ramp (Left Ramp) then it opens that middle swoop.
    -Then I shoot the FORCE lane and don't even use the right flipper.
    -let it fall down and it will automatically shoot the swoop
    -do it enough times to light the 'Jedi Training' mode
    -complete the training mode then 'Extra ball' will be lit

There are other ways to light extra ball.

Completing 3 scenes will light extra ball as well.

Maxing out multipliers is one.

Random reward for lighting EMPIRE When you choose from different characters

It happened to me during imperial multiball. Shoot the FORCE Lane and try to hit the TIE fighter target during that multiball. It lit extra ball for me. Or perhaps it was a random reward that was lit for me.

Again Table is fun and my favorite. (still not beating Fear Itself) BOBA is right up there too but ESB has a better flow and well more interesting mechanics with stacking.

On another note I think I got all extra balls and got some YODA rewards for wizard mode but still could not beat scene 6. I've beaten it several times (in different games) but my latest game I could not do it. Got frustrating. I lost all my ball on that last scene. I was yelling at the TV I was so frustrated. Could have gotten a pretty good score just finishing Scene 6, I was at 299m so not sure what I could have done if I had beaten Scene 6.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 03-05-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Default Sounds cut out

I know it's probably because I'm on the 1st gen iPad, but.....

...on this table, the sounds (which are freakin awesome) of the voices and flippers will randomly stop while playing sometimes. I have to close the app and restart it to get them back. The background music and *some* sounds still play though, so I'll usually finish my game then restart it. Any ideas on this?

Got the Silver trophy tonight and 367 million score, not bad. Love this table, what do you think is the best reward to get from Yoda? I just kept choosing the extra time one, I think it adds 15 seconds. I'm not sure an extra ball would be helpful but I think increasing the jackpots might and the extra lane.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Got the Silver trophy tonight and 367 million score, not bad. Love this table, what do you think is the best reward to get from Yoda? I just kept choosing the extra time one, I think it adds 15 seconds. I'm not sure an extra ball would be helpful but I think increasing the jackpots might and the extra lane.

I think that's the beauty of this table. I add extra jackpot lanes and increased jackpot values + increased time. I would know for sure if I can consistently beat scene 6. So far that's the one giving the most trouble with STDM balls losses. The center loop always gives me problems as well as the loop where the spinners are. You have to be pretty accurate with those shots or you can lose the ball very quickly.

I think that's the beauty of this table. I add extra jackpot lanes and increased jackpot values + increased time. I would know for sure if I can consistently beat scene 6. So far that's the one giving the most trouble with STDM balls losses. The center loop always gives me problems as well as the loop where the spinners are. You have to be pretty accurate with those shots or you can lose the ball very quickly.
    Hint: What Yoda once gives, takes back he not

In 1 Game you ment , or in new Game i start ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicepticon79 View Post
    In 1 Game you ment , or in new Game i start ?
    I think he meant the entire game. So if you do a second Wizard mode you maintain all of the gifts Yoda gives you. Is the that it deep?

I think he meant the entire game. So if you do a second Wizard mode you maintain all of the gifts Yoda gives you. Is the that it deep?
    No carry over, just in one game.

No carry over, just in one game.

Yeah say you get to your second or 3rd wizard (I'f you're that lucky) it carries over. Not to your next game.

This is a nice feature. I wish there were incentives like this for making it through all the missions multiple times on every table.

I think I even saw mission timers pause while balls were stuck bouncing in the pop-bumpers on this table, kudos for that (assuming I'm not mistaken).

This is a nice feature. I wish there were incentives like this for making it through all the missions multiple times on every table.

I think I even saw mission timers pause while balls were stuck bouncing in the pop-bumpers on this table, kudos for that (assuming I'm not mistaken).
    The timers pause if 1 ball is on the playfield and it's busy with bumpers, or Yoda and Empire awards, or starts a Force hurry up, even if the Hyperspace multiball initiates.

The timers pause if 1 ball is on the playfield and it's busy with bumpers, or Yoda and Empire awards, or starts a Force hurry up, even if the Hyperspace multiball initiates.
    Agree: I noticed the timer pausing and thought it was a great feature, can be very annoying when the timer is ticking down and you're stuck willing your ball to drop out of the bumpers.

Does anyone know if there is a max limit on the Vader Frenzy amount? It's pretty easy to get and hit once started so thought it would be interesting to know. Think I had it up to 400k per shot without particularly going for it.

Does anyone know if there is a max limit on the Vader Frenzy amount? It's pretty easy to get and hit once started so thought it would be interesting to know. Think I had it up to 400k per shot without particularly going for it.
    As far as I know it ramps up starting at 100k then 110k 120k etc. If you had it at 400k a shot then that may be the max. Wow 400K per shot?!?!?! You can get a good shot going there if you get that certer shot down pat. Good thing it's timed and needs several shots to start. Also sometime trying for that center 'Vader' hole can lead to some nasty bounces and lose the balls in the out-lanes.

As far as I know it ramps up starting at 100k then 110k 120k etc. If you had it at 400k a shot then that may be the max. Wow 400K per shot?!?!?! You can get a good shot going there if you get that certer shot down pat. Good thing it's timed and needs several shots to start. Also sometime trying for that center 'Vader' hole can lead to some nasty bounces and lose the balls in the out-lanes.
    It sadly maxes out at 1 Million per shot. I was hoping it would still increment by 10,000 after achieving 1 Million, but alas it does not. It's definitely worth maxing though, for EOB bonus alone.

Agree: I noticed the timer pausing and thought it was a great feature, can be very annoying when the timer is ticking down and you're stuck willing your ball to drop out of the bumpers.
    Its definitely a nice feature, I hope we see it in more tables in the future too.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it already, but I like how the "background" changes on Episode V depending on which scene you start up. Snow for Hoth scenes, swamp for Yoda mission, clouds for cloud city, and general space background with star destroyers floating by. Nice little touch.

On a side note, I am surprised the standalone SW app for iOS has still not released. I was hoping it was being held to be an editor's choice app on the app store but it looks like the store was updated today and no SW pinball The good news is that the regular ZP app is being featured in the app store.

Thumbs up brilliant

Ive been playing alot of ESB and trying to beet my HS of 119m. Finally after many trys I got it up to 286m. Dont know who designed this brilliant table but this is a work of art. Cool missions, great multiballs, smooth overall play, challeging plus much more. Cant wait for the next SW tables, the first three are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Dont know who designed this brilliant table but this is a work of art.
    That would be Deep who also made the Fantastic Four and Infinity Gauntlet tables.

That would be Deep who also made the Fantastic Four and Infinity Gauntlet tables.
    Not to mention the Ms. Splosion Man

Not to mention the Ms. Splosion Man
    Infinity Gauntlet and Ms. Splosion Man are 2 of my favorites! Makes sense

Smile

'An extra ball you should get it hmm'

Infinity Gauntlet and Episode V are two of my favorites, Deep does nice work.

having four multiball modes running at the same time can really rack up some high scores..and then sometimes hitting force hurry up during those multiballs is a great way to score

trying to get the extra balls first would really help a lot..try to get the training extra ball..then the multiplier or force extra ball..and some luck on the empire award.

Fellow pinballers check out the high score on ESB PS3. Am I seeing things, put my glasses on to confirm this insane 271 billion. Wow.

Fellow pinballers check out the high score on ESB PS3. Am I seeing things, put my glasses on to confirm this insane 271 billion. Wow.

271 billion??
    what sorcery is this?

247 billion my mistake, but still is this possible. Again Wow.

247 billion my mistake, but still is this possible. Again Wow.
    I spent around 4 hours just trying to get a billion and still didn't quite make it so 247 billion is mind blowing. I can only think of a few ways a score like that may be feasible and I really hope it has been achieved legitimately. If you know what I'm saying. Or maybe this person is an actual pinball Jedi?...

Default scoring issues

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought Star Wars pinball episode V, and I am amazed by the quality of this pinball.
    However, not being a pinball hardcore gamer (best score 51M), I have a few comment on the scoring system. My problem with this pinball is that:
    - Scenes are very hard and they do not pay much.
    - Scenes lead to wizard mode, which I guess pays well, but it is unreachable to most players anyway. My best score is 51M, and I never finished more than 1 out of the 5 mission. The rankings (on android) say that the 25th best score is only 3 times mine, so I am pretty sure only an unsignificant proportion of players actually reach wizard mode.

So for the average player, the best way to achieve high scores is to never start a mission and to play the training, frenzies, multiball and so on. Now I only start scenes by mistake and I think it is a bit sad because I miss a large part of the game. So it is a real dilemma: doing scenes for fun or not doing scene to try to achieve higher scores.

I think the choices made for Sorcerer's Lair were much better: you have 8 missions, they pay well and even when you fail some (or all) of them, as long as you try them you reach the final mode.

Quote Originally Posted by haltux View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have recently bought Star Wars pinball episode V, and I am amazed by the quality of this pinball.
    However, not being a pinball hardcore gamer (best score 51M), I have a few comment on the scoring system. My problem with this pinball is that:
    - Scenes are very hard and they do not pay much.
    - Scenes lead to wizard mode, which I guess pays well, but it is unreachable to most players anyway. My best score is 51M, and I never finished more than 1 out of the 5 mission. The rankings (on android) say that the 25th best score is only 3 times mine, so I am pretty sure only an unsignificant proportion of players actually reach wizard mode.

So for the average player, the best way to achieve high scores is to never start a mission and to play the training, frenzies, multiball and so on. Now I only start scenes by mistake and I think it is a bit sad because I miss a large part of the game. So it is a real dilemma: doing scenes for fun or not doing scene to try to achieve higher scores.

I think the choices made for Sorcerer's Lair were much better: you have 8 missions, they pay well and even when you fail some (or all) of them, as long as you try them you reach the final mode.
    Well for one thing it's a lot harder to play Pinball on a portable device than on a big TV. On the PS3 there are hundreds of players that have well over 100 million points on this table.
    I don't know how many tables you already played on Zen 2 but I'd say the difficulty on the Episode V table is pretty average. Some scenes are harder than others but all of them are managable if you know how to do them and that missions only count if you successfully complete them is the normal way on Pinball tables (real ones or video games). I think the only tables besides Sorcerer's Lair where you can actually fail missions and still get credit for it are Ghost Rider and Excalibur I think.
    Pinball is a hard thing in general and needs a lot of practice. That's just the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    I think the only tables besides Sorcerer's Lair where you can actually fail missions and still get credit for it are Ghost Rider and Excalibur I think.
    Avengers will also let you progress to the Wizard Mode, even if you fail the missions - but completing them gives you a 500,000 point increase to your Mission Bonus / Jackpot values.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Avengers will also let you progress to the Wizard Mode, even if you fail the missions - but completing them gives you a 500,000 point increase to your Mission Bonus / Jackpot values.
    right almost forgot that one

Well for one thing it's a lot harder to play Pinball on a portable device than on a big TV. On the PS3 there are hundreds of players that have well over 100 million points on this table.
    I play on a nexus 10 and this is a great device for pinball playing: portrait orientation, amazing resolution, and the interface (thumbs on the right or the left of the screen) somehow gives you a better pinball feeling than any pad or keyboard. I don't know whether you guys are using some kind of dedicated interface for pinball playing.

I don't know how many tables you already played on Zen 2 but I'd say the difficulty on the Episode V table is pretty average. Some scenes are harder than others but all of them are managable if you know how to do them and that missions only count if you successfully complete them is the normal way on Pinball tables (real ones or video games). I think the only tables besides Sorcerer's Lair where you can actually fail missions and still get credit for it are Ghost Rider and Excalibur I think.
    Pinball is a hard thing in general and needs a lot of practice. That's just the way it is
    Well I know I suck at pinball and I don't really complain about the overall difficulty. I played some hours on Sorcerer's Lair and Star Wars and before that last time I played pinball was on Amiga on the 90's, my experience with real pinball being close to 0.

However, I wish missions could bring a little bit more points so that trying to accomplish them would be more rewrding even if you know you won't complete all of them. I find rather strange that the empire's recompense, or jedi training, or star wars frenzy which are really easy to achieve, often brings you more than a complete mission.

I play on a nexus 10 and this is a great device for pinball playing: portrait orientation, amazing resolution, and the interface (thumbs on the right or the left of the screen) somehow gives you a better pinball feeling than any pad or keyboard. I don't know whether you guys are using some kind of dedicated interface for pinball playing.
    I'd always prefer buttons over a touchscreen. Better control overall and I can't see how nudging the table could work fine on a touchscreen

However, I wish missions could bring a little bit more points so that trying to accomplish them would be more rewrding even if you know you won't complete all of them. I find rather strange that the empire's recompense, or jedi training, or star wars frenzy which are really easy to achieve, often brings you more than a complete mission.
    The value of a completed mission varies a lot. If you want good rewards for missions play World War Hulk. That table gives you 25 million for every mission much more than any side mission has to offer.

You can rise the achievable score for each scene mode via hitting the STAR WARS targets.

Question esb

Big lol, the French team begin to be crazy players... There's a lot of bugs on this table too, I make a wish, fixing these one...

You can rise the achievable score for each scene mode via hitting the STAR WARS targets.
    This is a good point to mention because it adds some strategy into how you progress through the scenes. It saves what you've raised the reward value to when you reach the mission checkpoints too right?

right almost forgot that one
    Almost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast